1. 1.

• Yes, please.
    • No.
    • I don't really care.

Re: argentinean league thread

Here's an interview in Spanish. It's from today:

http://www.ole.clarin.com/notas/2007/12/14/01564181.html

He confirms he's staying there.

I still think you may be correct as you normally are but for now i still think he is off lol if not then skysports sources are idiots :D

The main reason I think he is off is because when breaking news happens there is a yellow tab at the bottom of the screen with the headline and they don't ever that I remember have put something up that has been breaking news and they haven't had it confirmed by someone.

I still think you may be correct as you normally are but for now i still think he is off lol if not then skysports sources are idiots :D

The main reason I think he is off is because when breaking news happens there is a yellow tab at the bottom of the screen with the headline and they don't ever that I remember have put something up that has been breaking news and they haven't had it confirmed by someone.

Well he confirmed he's staying yesterday. For some time he did seem likely to leave. But why would a guy who rejected an offer from Inter to play in Estudiantes leave the team for the MLS?

Well he confirmed he's staying yesterday. For some time he did seem likely to leave. But why would a guy who rejected an offer from Inter to play in Estudiantes leave the team for the MLS?

Maybe he has changed his mind as this beaking news happened earlier today like i said you may be correct wait till tomorrow and we shall see i hope he does stay he will be wasted in america just like beckham

Sorry you're right.But he could be , he could have gambled it away or have some debts to pay off.

I did phrase it wrongly though...

If he goes it IS because he is greedy and loves money more than his football...in my opinion, he always has anyway.

After luke chadwick the worst player ever to play for united.

After luke chadwick the ugliest player ever to play for united.

Sorry you're right.But he could be ' date=' he could have gambled it away or have some debts to pay off.

I did phrase it wrongly though...

If he goes it [b']IS[/b] because he is greedy and loves money more than his football...in my opinion, he always has anyway.

After luke chadwick the worst player ever to play for united.

After luke chadwick the ugliest player ever to play for united.

Rooney and Andy Goram:D

Hi, teje. Can you tell me the recent performance of Carlos Villanueva in Audax Italiano, how good is he if compared with Matias Fernandez (Villarreal)?:rolleyes:

If you also watch Mexican League, what you think about Omar Esparza, Patricio Araujo, Edgar Mejia, and Adrian Aldrete?:D

How about the performances of Lautaro Acosta, Ever Banega, Pablo Ledesma and Fernando Belluschi in Argentina?

Hey Teje' date='

What do you think of Cristian MAIDANA, I see he made 17 appearances in the Apertura for Banfield. I am thinking of bidding for him.

Thanks

Supa_Wolf

------------

River Plate WC 57[/quote']

He's a good player and had some very good performances this year making him one of the best Banfield players along with Cvitanich. As a result he's been signed for Genoa for 3.5M$ which is a high fee for a small team player. I'm sure he'll get an increase to 86/87 the next time his rating is reviewed.

teje' date=' what do you think about augusto fernandez? Do you think he will have his ratings increased? And will be in the argentina squad anytime soon?[/quote']

I think Augusto Fernandez is the best RM in the league. He has established himself as one of River Plate's most important players and had he not gotten injured towards the end of the season I'm sure River Plate would have done much better. There are some rumours Fiorentina are trying to sign him but with Belluschi almost sold to Porto I think they'd be pretty stupid to sell Augusto as well. I don't think he can make it to Argentina's squad soon. Right now Basile will either play Maxi Rodriguez on the right or make room for Gago in the DM position by playing Mascherano on the right. Plus Lucho Gonzales is also taken into consideration and Jonas Gutierrez and Belluschi were recently called up to the national squad so I think that right now his chances are slim but they will probably be better in 1 or 2 years. I think he's a very good prospect and was one of the first players I recommended when I joined the site. I think he's one of the most exciting young players in Argentina and if you're looking for a RM then this is your man as Valeri's position will probably be changed to LM/RM.

Hi' date=' teje. Can you tell me the recent performance of Carlos Villanueva in Audax Italiano, how good is he if compared with Matias Fernandez (Villarreal)?:rolleyes:

If you also watch Mexican League, what you think about Omar Esparza, Patricio Araujo, Edgar Mejia, and Adrian Aldrete?:D

How about the performances of Lautaro Acosta, Ever Banega, Pablo Ledesma and Fernando Belluschi in Argentina?[/quote']

Villanueva's team made it to the semifinals in the Chilean league. The competition isn't over yet as the finals still have to be played but he was without a doubt the best player. It will be an almost impossible task for Audax Italiano te retain him. I think they are close to selling Di Santo to Chelsea and they probably have a lot of offers for Villanueva. He hasn't started any games for Chile since Bielsa took over as he has to compete for a place with Matias Fernandez, but when Chile were losing against Uruguay Bielsa subbed him in to play alongside Fernandez and he didn't disappoint assisting Salas for goal and earning Chile a very important point, they were also quite close to winning that game. He's a very good player but since he's 89 he's also quite expensive in the game. If he's within your budget and you're looking for a young AM then he's a good choice.

I've watched too little Mexican football this year. I've seen them mostly in continental competitions and Chivas were pretty poor then. I don't think I've seen enough of Mejia or Esparza to comment on them and I haven't seen anything of Aldrete.

Lautaro Acosta had an amazing year. He scored a goal in injury time that qualified Argentina for both the U-20 WC and the Olympics and after that it's all been good for him. He established himself as a first team player and won the U-20 WC and now he just won the league with Lanus. He's a quick player with a very good dribbling ability. I'm not sure who the best prospect in the very young Lanus is but it has to be either him or Valeri. Ever Banega has been good but as I've said many times before he has trouble marking. Because of this Boca's manager Russo chose to play him alongside players like Vargas and Battaglia whose marking is much better and this allowed Banega to play much better football. In the semifinals of the Club WC he was almost playing as a AM, but now that Riquelme is back he'll have to go back to a more defensive role. I think his performances have been really good for someone who made his debut this year and he can continues to get better all the time. Pablo Ledesma had a great start of the season but he has lost his place in the squad. He's a very good player and I don't understan why he's not starting anymore. We'll have to wait and see if he can earn back his place in the 1st team. Fernando Belluschi hasn't been as good as he was last year, but he has improved a lot from how he was playing in the first semester of the year. He was good in the Apertura, even having some outstanding performances against Lanus and Velez which earned him a call to the national squad. He's still not playing as well as he can but he has shown he's working hard to get back to his old level and I think he'll make it. As I said earlier in this post he is close to signing for Porto although River Plate's new manager Diego Simeone has said he want him in the team.

Abel Espinoza (23, DM, 71): He's actually a RB. I think the previous 3 players are must buys, I'm not too sure about him but he's quite cheap so I think he's worth the risk. A lot of players left Rosario Central before the beggining of the tournament so although he's not a first team player he should get quite a few sub appearances (as he did this weekend against Boca) and being worth 35k I think he's a good buy. I'll give you an update in a few weeks but I thought I should let you know about him.

Teje, you mentioned this guy quite a while back. Since he was so cheap, I decided to take a gamble and buy him. Could you please provide an update on him and also mention whether he's worth keeping for the long term?

Teje' date=' you mentioned this guy quite a while back. Since he was so cheap, I decided to take a gamble and buy him. Could you please provide an update on him and also mention whether he's worth keeping for the long term?[/quote']

He played 9 games out of 19 possible in the Apertura. 7 of them were from the start. I think he should get an increase in the next rating changes. Unless you really need the money I'd advise you to keep him until then and then selling him. He's not really worth keeping in the long term.

Hey Teje,

Great thread, I have been researching young Argentine players for medium term prospects. Most of the obvious choices have been secured by bigger clubs in my setup, so I was looking at the next options. I have a long list and do not expect a full report on each! Just and indication to which you think would have most potential. I am not looking for a specific position.

SOSA, Victor

VILLAGRA, Cristian

SANCHEZ, Nicolás

PÉREZ, Enzo

ASSMANN, Fábian

PALETTA, Gabriel

LANDA, Lucas

ARMENTEROS, Emilano

FRITZLER, Matias

MARTINEZ, Matias

CALELLO, Adrián

GARCIA, Gonzalo

YACOB, Claudio

BERNARDELLO, Hernán

OCAMPO, Ramon

Thanks

Supa_Wolf

He played 9 games out of 19 possible in the Apertura. 7 of them were from the start. I think he should get an increase in the next rating changes. Unless you really need the money I'd advise you to keep him until then and then selling him. He's not really worth keeping in the long term.

Thanks a lot for your time and effort mate, I really appreciate it. :)

Hey' date=' Teje! I was wondering if you could give me some info on Diego Buonanotte, I know he has been getting some playing time. Do you see him rising any time soon? And what do you think the future holds for Diego? Thanks in advance.[/quote']

He has 6 starts and 2 sub appearances for River and 2 goals to his name. He is surely going to rise to early 80's.

I have a new question for teje, about Sebastian Blanco. He is playing for Lanus and he has 6 starts, 3 sub appearances, 2 goals scored and 1 assist. I was wondering where is he playing for Lanus. In the game he is RM/LM and that is exactly what I need, but i hope he won't get a positional change... or is he? And what about his rating? I think an 85 would be fine if he keeps playing...

Teje, can you provide the recent update of Damian Escudero and Neri Cardozo? What you think their rating should be in the next Argentina rating change?

How about Sebastian Leto of Liverpool? Can you give some opinions on him because I really need a LM for my team?

Really appreciate your hardwork. :D

hi Teje

i was wondering if you could give us an update on Neri Cardozo i know he played Boca's last 2 games in the FIFA CWC he recently went down to a 89 any chance of him rising back up.

He had a pretty inconsistent year and I think his rating of 89 is right at the moment. There are rumours he might get transfered to Mexico's America. The press and fans have been pretty hard at him lately so I think a transfer would relieve him from this pressure and could probably help his career' date=' even if it's a move to Mexico and not Europe. I think he will eventually get back to 90, but it won't be soon.

Hey, Teje! I was wondering if you could give me some info on Diego Buonanotte, I know he has been getting some playing time. Do you see him rising any time soon? And what do you think the future holds for Diego? Thanks in advance.

Buonanotte is a short, skillful AM who has long been praised as River Plate's most exciting prospect. He ended the year in River Plate's starting lineup, which should help him get a very healthy increase. I'm not sure if he will keep starting with Simeone as River Plate's manager, but even if he doesn't he should still get plenty of appearances. He's definitely one for the future. Even if he doesn't start the year in the starting lineup (it's still too early to say anything) he will eventually get in it. He is a highly recommended player.

Teje' date=' can you provide the recent update of Damian Escudero and Neri Cardozo? What you think their rating should be in the next Argentina rating change?

How about Sebastian Leto of Liverpool? Can you give some opinions on him because I really need a LM for my team?

Really appreciate your hardwork. :D[/quote']

Escudero had very bad luck in the Apertura and was missing in most games due to injuries. He has now recovered, but all those games he missed will probably hurt his rating. He's a very good player, but if you need someone who will increase soon the he's the wrong choice. Leto is a good player but I would rather have Escudero than him. The player I would recommend to you is Diego Valeri. He's a RM/CM at the moment but he should get changed to LM/RM soon. I think he's guaranteed to make it to 89 in the next rating changes.

Sorry I missed this yesterday:

Hey Teje' date='

Great thread, I have been researching young Argentine players for medium term prospects. Most of the obvious choices have been secured by bigger clubs in my setup, so I was looking at the next options. I have a long list and do not expect a full report on each! Just and indication to which you think would have most potential. I am not looking for a specific position.

SOSA, Victor

VILLAGRA, Cristian

SANCHEZ, Nicolás

PÉREZ, Enzo

ASSMANN, Fábian

PALETTA, Gabriel

LANDA, Lucas

ARMENTEROS, Emilano

FRITZLER, Matias

MARTINEZ, Matias

CALELLO, Adrián

GARCIA, Gonzalo

YACOB, Claudio

BERNARDELLO, Hernán

OCAMPO, Ramon

Thanks

Supa_Wolf[/quote']

Victor Sosa (much more commonly referred to as Ismael Sosa): He had a fantastic start of the season, but as most of Independiente's players he ended up being pretty mediocre. I'd rather get Lautaro Acosta.

Cristian Villagra: I've said it before: He looked promising while playing for Rosario Central but he has been really poor for River Plate. I wouldn't recommend signing him.

Nicolas Sanchez: He moved to River Plate from the relegated Nueva Chicago and had an amazing semester. He was originally a DM in his youth but was turned into a CB while playing for Nueva Chicago. His years spent in the midfield make him more comfortable with the ball than most CBs are. He had a great semester up until he broke a toe a couple months ago. I'd no other River Plate has been as solid as him in the last 3 years.

Enzo Perez: He's a good player. He made a good impression while playing for Godoy Cruz and moved to Estudiantes. He was OK for Estudiantes and started most of the games. He's a good player but if you're looking for someone in that position I'd try getting Augusto Fernandez first.

Fabian Assmann: He's been better than I expected and will probably get an increase in the next rating changes. Not exactly a future international but a solid keeper nonetheless.

Gabriel Paletta: He was outstainding at his Banfield days, but he has failed to live up to the expectations he created. He is a regular starter for Boca, but he hasn't really played too well. He's definitely miles away from Daniel Diaz, the player he's replacing. But he was so good just a few years ago that I think he's worth keeping an eye on.

Lucas Landa: Right now I think he's not really worth buying.

Emiliano Armenteros: I haven't heard much of him since he moved to Sevilla B. He did look promising but he's probably getting a decrease soon.

Matias Fritzler: He's a good player and will likely get an increase but since you said you're not looking for a specific position I'd advise you to get Lautaro Acosta and Diego Valeri before buying other Lanus players.

Matias Martinez: If this is the Matias Fernandez I'm thinking about then I really, REALLY must be missing something as to why his rating is 85. Unless I'm mistaken he just made the matchday squad recently after Racing's manager was sacked and the youth teams coordinator took charge, opting to use many young players because of the bad atmosphere in the team.

Adrian Calello: I recommended him when he was a 78 :) He's a good payer and will probably get an increase in the next rating changes, but there are probably better options now.

Gonzalo Garcia: He's good but Racing's campaign was rather poor so I'd wait a bit before moving for him, although 85 is probably a low rating for him.

Claudio Yacob: Same as with Gonzalo Garcia.

Hernan Bernardello: He was probably Newell's best player in the Apertura. He should probably get an increase to about 87 in the next rating changes.

Ramon Ocampo: He has shown glimpses of talent that could take him very far, but he has been too inconsistent and has had few involvment in the first team lately. I wouldn't advise buying him now.

Out of your list I'd say Nicolas Sanchez is the best player, with Ismael Sosa being probably the second. As I said before in this post, I would advise you going for Diego Valeri and Lautaro Acosta before going for the players in that list.

Out of your list I'd say Nicolas Sanchez is the best player' date=' with Ismael Sosa being probably the second. As I said before in this post, I would advise you going for Diego Valeri and Lautaro Acosta before going for the players in that list.[/quote']

Hi Teje,

Thanks for your advice, I have already secured Valeri and Augusto Fernandez. You recommended Acosta to me from my last post on advice on Gabriel Hauche, but as soon as you posted, someone else in my forum bought Acosta! A lesson learnt.

I have put a bid in for Sanchez and bought Ismael Sosa last week (due to injury crisis), I am glad I made the right choice. It will be interesting to see how he develops if Denis leaves Indepediente as I have seen suggested in some posts.

Thanks for your EXCELLENT work!

Supa_Wolf