argentinean league thread

teje

argentinean league thread  

1. 1.

• Yes, please.
    • No.
    • I don't really care.

Re: argentinean league thread

I posted this for Dexter, but will post here as well, since it is an Argentine thread.

Can you tell me any info on these guys if they will increase in the next round.

INDEPENDIENTE

MAREQUE, Lucas LB/CB 84 (Loan from FC Porto)- Started all games so far(played 5 games and then 4 for FC Porto last season)

MATHEU, Carlos D 82 - Has started 4 and sub'd 1. Scored 1 goal

I look at GIODA 88 and he has only played 3 games then these 2 above must be good to be starting especially since Matheu only played 25 games in the last 2 seasons.

RIVER PLATE

OJEDA, Juan G 85 - Starting over Carrizo whom is an 89 rating

NEWELL'S OLD BOYS

DA SILVA, Alejandro F 83 - Has started all games (669 min) and has scored 2 goals. Seems to be the new target since Cardozo left for Benfica.

VANGIONI, Leonel LM/CM 80 - Has played in 6 games(2 starts) 185 min. and has scored 1 goal.

Hi' date=' teje. I would like to know more about Fernando Belluschi's performance this season. I heard that he scored 3 superb and stunning goals against Velez Sarsfield. :D

Another question, how many soccer competitions in Argentina? Like England, there are EPL, FA cup and League cup. So, what are the competitions in Argentina. Because I'm confused between Argentine First Division and Argentine Championships. I'm wondering whether they are the same.:confused:[/quote']

Belluschi scored 3 amazing goals against Velez Sarsfield and 2 this last weekend against Lanus. He had a very bad Torneo Clausura but he´s starting to find his old form lately. He had been very important for Newell's and had a great start at River Plate, but this year too much pressure was put on him and he didn't perform. People had already started wondering whether he would ever be as good as he was last year again and he has shown he can but he still needs to be more consistent.

First division teams in Argentina only play 1 competition. This competition is split in 2 tournaments, the Torneo Apertura and the Torneo Clausura. The Torneo Apertura takes place on the first half of the season and the Torneo Clausura takes place on the second. That's why there are 2 champions in Argentina each year, but there's only 1 competition.

Teje ; I heard that Real Madrid are prepared to maKe a bid for river plate's Augusto Fernandez in January.Do you have any info on him?

I don't think he's ready to play for Real Madrid yet but I have big expectations for him. I've recommended him a couple times on this thread. He is a very exciting prospect. He's fast' date=' skillful and he's getting better at scoring. He has increased in the last 2 rating changes and he'll keep increasing as he has become a very important player for his team.

teje;i've heard maximiliano badell of ESTUDIANTES is a great talent, what's your take on him.

I've heard good things about him. He's a LM who's played for Argentina at youth level and has only played a couple games for Estudiantes. Having a value of 10k I think he's worth the gamble, I haven't seen much of him but from what I've heard he seems like a good buy.

I posted this for Dexter' date=' but will post here as well, since it is an Argentine thread.

Can you tell me any info on these guys if they will increase in the next round.

[u']INDEPENDIENTE[/u]

MAREQUE, Lucas LB/CB 84 (Loan from FC Porto)- Started all games so far(played 5 games and then 4 for FC Porto last season)

MATHEU, Carlos D 82 - Has started 4 and sub'd 1. Scored 1 goal

I look at GIODA 88 and he has only played 3 games then these 2 above must be good to be starting especially since Matheu only played 25 games in the last 2 seasons.

RIVER PLATE

OJEDA, Juan G 85 - Starting over Carrizo whom is an 89 rating

NEWELL'S OLD BOYS

DA SILVA, Alejandro F 83 - Has started all games (669 min) and has scored 2 goals. Seems to be the new target since Cardozo left for Benfica.

VANGIONI, Leonel LM/CM 80 - Has played in 6 games(2 starts) 185 min. and has scored 1 goal.

Mareque: He had a great start at River Plate and got to start many important games but that didn't last long for him and he got sold to Porto for a small fee and now he's back in Argentina. He'll probably increase because of getting played often but he's not someone to get excited about.

Matheu: Gioda is a lot better than him, but he's injured for 6 months and Matheu will keep playing. He'll also get an increase but once Gioda is fit again I expect him and Rodriguez to be Independiente's starting CBs.

Ojeda: Carrizo was sold to Lazio but couldn't be registered because of problems with his Italian passport. He's back on loan until January but by the time he was loaned back to River Plate the tournament had already started and Ojeda had been one of the best players for River Plate, so the manager decided to keep him in the team for the league and play Carrizo in the continental competition (Copa Sudamericana). He's definitely not better than Carrizo, but he is a good keeper and will probably be River Plate's first choice goalkeeper for the next years.

Da Silva: His team had a good start beating the champions San Lorenzo and Estudiantes but then started getting bad results and their manager got sacked this week. Da Silva has been as inconsistent as his team but he's shown glimpses of talent and Newell's are know for making good buys in Paraguay. I think he's worth getting if you have the extra cash.

Vangioni: He's been around for a while but he hasn't made a big impression yet. I'd wait to see how many chances he gets with the new manager before buying him.

I'll be back later with a few recommendations.

Would damian escudero of Velez be a good buy?

He seems an exciting prospect but he does cost a lot.

He isn't cheap' date=' but he is very talented. I think he could reach 89 in the next rating changes. He was unlucky to get injured in the U-20 WC and missed pretty much all of it but he is a very exciting prospect. Unluckily for him his team didn't qualify for the Copa Libertadores, which kind of hurts his chances of increasing, but he is a good long term prospect.

Federico Fazio of Sevilla. Got an increase of 7 (!!!!) in the spanish ratings(I went and released him a long time ago:( :( :( ) Could be a decent prospect in the future. Was part of the Argentinian U20's that won the world cup.

He has started matches for Sevilla in the league, Champions League and Spanish Supercopa. Even after this increase he is still a very good buy.

Here are some updates on Boca Juniors players:

Pablo Ledesma (DM/RM, 89, 23): He has been nothing but amazing. I advice you to get him as he is a very solid candidate to increase to 90. His work rate is impressive and it wouldn't be surprising if he got called to the national team soon. He has also started shooting penalty kicks, which is why he is 2nd in the top scorers list tied with a few other players. His position might also be changed as RM is his main position.

Neri Cardozo (LM/AM, 90, 21): There's no denying his talent, but I think playing on the left isn't very good for him, he's better on the right, but with Ledesma in the team he has no chance. He has been replaced by Datolo (LM/CM, 85, 23, should probably get a his position changed to LM/AM and increase to about 87) in the starting team. Last night, with his team losing he got subbed in in the 86th minute of the game. That says a lot about his current level, I said I thought he deserved a decrease before the last rating changes, he will almost certainly get one now. He's still a good prospect so I wouldn't sell him unless I got a good deal, but if you can get one I'd advise you to go for it.

Jonathan Maidana (CB, 86, 22) and Gabriel Paletta (CB, 85, 21): They are Boca's starting CBs. Maidana is a free agent in many old WCs and Paletta is harder to buy as he belongs to Liverpool, but if you get the chance to buy any of them I'd advise you to do so. Maidana has been scouted by Lazio and a move to Europe in the future seems very likely.

I'll be back with more updates soon.

Pablo Ledesma (DM/RM' date=' 89, 23): He has been nothing but amazing. I advice you to get him as he is a very solid candidate to increase to 90. His work rate is impressive and it wouldn't be surprising if he got called to the national team soon. He has also started shooting penalty kicks, which is why he is 2nd in the top scorers list tied with a few other players. His position might also be changed as RM is his main position.

.[/quote']

Good shout, bit late though... Ledesma has been absolutely oustanding for Boca since January, and he wasn't too shabby through apertura 06. Last seasons Copa Libertadores, well he only missed out on the player of the tournament because Riquelme was so brilliant come the last 16.

Agreed though, Ledesma has a very good chance of going to 90 and above. With regards to his position, I think he is RM/DM on the database, which is spot on. Before Banega and Riquelme were in Boca's team, he was playing centre mid alongside Battaglia (who unfortunately seems to have gone off the radar having missed out on a move to Sampdoria(i think) because of his wife not wanting to go!!). So RM/DM is spot on for Ledesma.. Great player.

Pablo Ledesma (DM/RM' date=' 89, 23): He has been nothing but amazing. I advice you to get him as he is a very solid candidate to increase to 90. His work rate is impressive and it wouldn't be surprising if he got called to the national team soon. He has also started shooting penalty kicks, which is why he is 2nd in the top scorers list tied with a few other players. His position might also be changed as RM is his main position.

Neri Cardozo (LM/AM, 90, 21): There's no denying his talent, but I think playing on the left isn't very good for him, he's better on the right, but with Ledesma in the team he has no chance. He has been replaced by Datolo (LM/CM, 85, 23, should probably get a his position changed to LM/AM and increase to about 87) in the starting team. Last night, with his team losing he got subbed in in the 86th minute of the game. That says a lot about his current level, I said I thought he deserved a decrease before the last rating changes, he will almost certainly get one now. He's still a good prospect so I wouldn't sell him unless I got a good deal, but if you can get one I'd advise you to go for it.

Jonathan Maidana (CB, 86, 22) and Gabriel Paletta (CB, 85, 21): They are Boca's starting CBs. Maidana is a free agent in many old WCs and Paletta is harder to buy as he belongs to Liverpool, but if you get the chance to buy any of them I'd advise you to do so. Maidana has been scouted by Lazio and a move to Europe in the future seems very likely.

I'll be back with more updates soon.[/quote']

I have Ledsema and Cardozo with by Boca Juniors squad, and r both regulars in my team, also. Cardozo is wanted in my setup, not so much Ledsmema, but r both good players anyway. Updates would be nice, as even though I've recently blown most of my balance on young argentinian and brazilian talent (partly thnx to Forum), it would be nuce to c what good talent is available.

Franco Di Santo

Full name is Franco Matías Di Santo. He is argentinian but currently plays for Audax Italiano in Chile. Has made 45 appearances and scored 9 goals from the forward position. His national record reads much better, however: Playing 6 times for the under 20's scoring once (OK its not but, hey:) ). Rated 83 at the moment but could be one to look out 4 in the future.

lol the bid worked. Ripped off IMO but it'll pay off' date=' I'm sure.[/quote']

I paid 11.4 for him but in my setup prices are inflated because only external transfers are allowed and almost all teams are managed so many good players are gone. This was for my atletico team.

Good shout' date=' bit late though... Ledesma has been absolutely oustanding for Boca since January, and he wasn't too shabby through apertura 06. Last seasons Copa Libertadores, well he only missed out on the player of the tournament because Riquelme was so brilliant come the last 16.

Agreed though, Ledesma has a very good chance of going to 90 and above. With regards to his position, I think he is RM/DM on the database, which is spot on. Before Banega and Riquelme were in Boca's team, he was playing centre mid alongside Battaglia (who unfortunately seems to have gone off the radar having missed out on a move to Sampdoria(i think) because of his wife not wanting to go!!). So RM/DM is spot on for Ledesma.. Great player.[/quote']

I think I'd said good thing about him in the past, although I agree I could have recommended him before. He's a player I respect a lot as he has fought very hard to earn his place. His last 3 managers (Basile, La Volpe and Russo) had other players in mind for the first team. He even rejected a loan move to Racing while Basile was the manager. He managed to become a key player with all of those managers and I'm sure he'll become part of the national team sometime soon. He also showed he can handle the pressure when Bianchi named him and Pablo Alvarez for the penalty shoot out in the Copa Libertadores 2004 semifinals against River Plate even though both had just started playing first division football. Both scored. He's actually a DM/RM in the DB although as you say RM/DM should be his position.