English Championship 7777 - Match Reports,Transfer news etc.

O'Donnell

Re: English Championship 7777 - Match Reports,Transfer news etc.

Boro appoint Duffy

Middlesbrough_crest.png

Hasslebank , Yakubu , Mendieta, Southgate. They were just some of the name's that graced the Riverside field back in the days of Boro being a common and almost unremovable Division 1 force. The club were in it's golden years , there were cup finals and success in the league with a fan base that was second to none in the division.

However something went wrong , the club so secure and so comftable in Division 1 hit a rocky patch. Under inexpierenced boss Gareth Southgate - a club legend still to this day, this rocky patch turned into a disaster. Southgate had managed two mid table finsihes in his first 2 seasons at the club but after breaking the club record fee for Alfonso Alves, who managed to flop spectacularly, the Boro started the road to relegation. The wins dried up and on the final day of the 08/09 season 'the boro' were relegated to the second tier of English football.

gareth_southgate_1507853c.jpg

Southgate at the end of 08/09

The Boro fans were hoping for a quick return but after Steve Gibson the chairman sacked Southgate in October 09 things never returned to the glory days. Middlesbrough have been waiting , waiting for the man to turn them around and take them back to were they belong ... the Premiership and the riches it brings.
Middlesbrough-chairman-St-001.jpg

The Decision lay in Gibsons hand

Ashley Duffy has been appointed as manager read the Boro website
. The large picture comfirmed the appointment. Duffy an expert on turning teams around is now the boss of Boro. After spells turning Bradford City into Division 1 winners and bringing Bolton Wanderers from mid table obscurity to challengers in the champions league , he was now after a new challenge and Boro was that challenge. The smile on Steve Gibsons face gave the only opinion that mattered , Duffy was the man for the job and Boro were about to return to the glory years.

leedsunitedfcbadge.jpg

Leeds United Hire New Manager

Andr--Villas-Boas-007.jpg

Young Englishman Duffy Takes Over

In The early hours of Monday morning the many Leeds United fans around the country and abroad were awoken by texts , emails and knocks at the door by fellow fans who has heard the exciting news coming from Elland Road that they had just appointed a 16 year old lad to take charge the club he has supported his whole life. The lucky lad was Aaron Duffy who Paid the massive sum of £2.99 to take over from Simon Grayson however it has been annonced that the board have given Duffy a Transfer Kitty of over 20 million pounds to extend the very week looking squad that currently contains just over 22 players which includes 3 loans from premier leauge clubs. Duffy has a tough task on his hands but with the fans behind him it is set to be a intresting first week for the Englishman with his first game in charge coming on wednesday in a friendly against Norwich and then they kick off the season with a tought tie against swansea. Leeds fans will be expecting new faces to be coming in in the next few days to boost the squad which finished 7th last season although the current chairman Ken Bates is looking to avoid Relagation which should be a easy task for Duffy's Lads.

Duffy:

I'm Very pleased to have the chance to manage this Fantastic club i'm a life time supporter and will be looking to get them back to where they deserve ... The Premier Leauge so watch out Division One Leeds United are back.

oxford-united.jpg

Oxford United - New Man At The Helm

pics-image-36-101906480.jpg

Dean Saunders leaves Wrexham to become Oxford United's latest manager

Oxford United have named there new manager as Dean Saunders. Saunders had previously managed Wrexham, but he's left the Conference club for League 2 side Oxford. He has been the manager of Wrexham for sometime, but he felt he wanted to manager at a higher level and he had been given the opportunity to manage at Oxford. Barnaby Dowling has been given the Wrexham's job following the departure of Saunders, who is now looking forward to the task of Oxford.

He is blessed to takeover an Oxford side, that is not only at a higher level than Wrexham but have far more quality then his former employers. For a start the financial status of the club is far stronger, Oxford have a 12,500 seater stadium whilst also currently being well clear of financial difficulties. They also have numerous star players, although it is yet to be seen what the new manager is going to do to the club, how he will play and what type of players he's going to keep at the club and those he's going to let go.

Jennison-Myrie-Williams-001.jpg

The key player in the Oxford United side seems to be Jennison Myrie-Williams. Myrie-Williams seems to have plenty of experience, despite only being 23. At a young age he got himself a run in the Bristol City side as he was the part of the side that earned promotion to the Championship. At Bristol City he went out on loan to Cheltenham Town, Tranmere Rovers, Hereford United and Carlisle United as he picked up some first team experience before joining Dundee United on a permanant basis. He then arrived at Oxford and is a key winger at the club. Although Oxford may well look to cash in on him with the club potentially able to get £4 million for him if they decide to sell him.

aus06offsiteday3capaldi.jpg

Tony Capaldi is another key player at the club, but with a lot more experience then Myrie-Williams. Capaldi has some Premier League experience as he broke through the ranks at Birmingham City. After a loan spell at Hereford he joined Plymouth where he had his most succesful spell in his career. He went onto play in the FA Cup Final for Cardiff City when he joined, but he was unable to break into the Cardiff side for much longer and after a loan spell at Leeds he joined Morecambe before joining Oxford. He is a valuable asset to the club at left-back but Oxford are likely to cash on him, with Oxford expecting to pick up £3 million for him, which certainly looks set to be worth it.

chris-hargreaves_1246054c.jpg

Oxford have plenty of quality throughout there squad though, with Steve MacLean and Simon Hackney both on loan at the club. They also have quality in the likes of Andrew Whing, Josh Payne and Harry Worley although they are most likely to be sold. Chris Hargreaves is one player that seems to be certainly staying at the club, Hargreaves has been told his leadership ability and experience will help the squad even if he doesn't make much on field impact at the age of 39. Saunders will be looking to try and get his transfer policy sorted though as he takes on he helms in charge of the club and he will be wanting to bring in some signings.

Terriers appoint New Manager!

HuddersfieldTownCrest.png

On 23rd of May , 08:10 AM the chairman of Huddersfield Town F.C. has announced that Mario Focsa signed a 5-year deal as the manager of the Terriers..The board stated that they will Support Mario with funds necessary to strengthen the squad ..The expectations for this season haven't been revealed by the the board but its obvious that they will be seeking a promotion..

The manager stated the fallowing :

I am extremely happy to take over this amazing club with a great history.I have been offered a various amount of jobs over the Summer but in the end I am sure I made the right decision.I have already a few transfer targets but with so many clubs trying to improve their teams , its going to be difficult.

Sky sources reveal that the new manager has made an approach to sign the ex-Portsmouth Central Midfielder Kevin-Prince Boateng but nothing is confirmed yet.We will inform you as soon as we get more news.

kevin-princeboatengcelebvthfc20100411_275x155.jpg

Hometown Heroes Return

Bellamy_1819864c.jpg

Ramsey (left) & Bellamy (right) celebrating Bellamy's goal at Swansea last season.

Following negotiations deep into last night, new Cardiff manager Darren Hancock can now confirm the capture of two fan favourites who played for the club last season.

Firstly, Hancock had to move swiftly last night to secure the young talent that is Aaron Ramsey. Ramsey enjoyed a spell at the Bluebirds last season in his attempt to regain fitness following his horrific leg-break.

Secondly, the man known as 'Bellers' around these parts is the second confirmed signing of Hancock. Only now, Craig Bellamy has joined on a permanant basis. Hancock cut his loan spell short in order to complete the signing. Rumour has it that the Bluebirds are spending around £3.7 million to capture their man. Bellamy reached legendary status in South Wales after scoring a belter in the South Wales Derby against Swansea to win the match 1-0.

Manager Darren Hancock had this to say at the unveiling of his two new players earlier this afternoon.

It's great to welcome them both. They are both affiliated with the club and have a special connection with the fans due to the fact they are lads who were brought up supporting the best team in the world. I'm sure the fans will now pour in to see these players.

Both players have also given statements for the fans at their presentation to the media.

It's great to be back. Last season was a bit of a sickener but now I have the opportunity to put things right & send us to the Premiership where this club belongs. We have the fans, facilities & now a top drawer manager. Now us players must deliver.

- Aaron Ramsey.

I couldn't help but become interested in coming here full-time. The gaffer had an idea that maybe it would be better for me to be here on a full-time basis & with the family already living here it was a win-win situation. Yeah last year was a disappointment but this isn't last year. We as players have sorted out what was wrong & we are working towards putting it right.

- Craig Bellamy.

Reading_FC_logo.jpg

New Manager For 140 Year Old Club!

Tonight is a big night in English football, one if its oldest clubs Reading who today celebrated 140 years of English football has signed English manager Mattuie Beckett to be there coach this season. The ex Premier League club who not too long ago was also doing real well in the cups will be looking to bring back the good old days and with a new English manager this may just happen, Beckett is well known for his cup winning and this is what made him the number 1 aim for the Championship squad.

The manager this season is aiming for a mid table finish but he has said he has the squad to shock people and we will be looking to push to get in the EPL in the next two seasons.

Beckett has signed a 2 year deal till season 3 and has said he will do all he can to make this a big team he just needs the work from the players.

gareth-mcauley_307x230.jpg

18 YEAR OLD HEADING DOWN A LEAGUE!

18 year old winger Johnny Gorman will become the first signing this season for Reading, the Wolves winger who terns 19 in October will be looking to get his self know by his new coach after a 410,000 pound deal was made between the EPL club and the Championship out fits. Manager Beckett has said he has high hopes for this young star who could be the next brake out star for this club we will have too see.

New Manager will restore Former Glory to the Saints.

Southampton-FC.jpg

The Manager and Comments

The Contract that has been agreed is seasonal, and will be reviewed on a season by season basis. My Priority is restoring this club to its former glory, preferably all the way, I have taken various challenges before, for example winning the UEFA Super Cup with Bristol Rovers. I now believe I can do this. I don't really like jumping in the deep end, I prefer to earn my right to be in the top leagues.

Media Speculation

Rumours of a Squad sell out, except for key players such as Club Hero Rickie Lambert, and the Sensation that are the Highly rated Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain and Adam Lallana.

Alex-Oxlade-Chamberlain.jpg?bc=White&as=1&h=152&w=188

TRANSFERS OUT:

STEPHENS, Jack - Middlesbrough

DICKSON, Ryan - Bradford City

SEABORNE, Daniel - Wrexham

MARTIN, Aaron - Wrexham (Loan)

HAMMOND, Dean - Cardiff

TRANSFERS IN:

N/A

Duffy unites with Southampton

Middlesbrough_crest.pngSouthampton-FC-icon.png

After taking over the club yesterday , Boro fans were anticipating what would happen to their beloved club and how Ashley Duffy will go about it. These questions are still at the top of 'the boro' forums with many fans predicting that Duffy will try to secure top division footballers in order to bring premiership football back to the Riverside.

However this afternoons news was not what the fans were expecting. The club has been affiliated with Division 3 side Southampton. The south coast club believed to be the childhood suported club of Ashley Duffy were comfirmed as affiliates after friendly negotiation bettween Duffy and Saints manager Chris Lord led to discussion of a link. The afflilation see's 17 year old centre back Jack Stephens Join Boro for £560,000 and latter Callum Mcnish join for £100,000 , the two young players will go straight into the clubs renowned youth academy were it is hoped they will develop into top first team players. The link also see's Duffy secure the first refusal option on young stars Alex Oxlade Chamberlain , Adam Lallana and Morgan Schniderlin if Chris Lord chooses to sell in the Future. It is also roumered that Jose Fonte could head to the Riverside if Duffy does not secure his main transfer targets.

article-0-0B6D537F00000578-372_468x286.jpg

Jack Stephens in his Plymouth days

Jack Stephens is said to one of the Saints top young defender's and was expected to make a break through in the coming season. The young center half started his carrear at Plymouth Argyle before Southampton beat Fulham to his signature during March for a fee of £275,000 , the saints have now cashed in on the potentially quality young player in order to advance as a side and concentrate more on promotion than young players. Stephens arrived at the Riverside this morning around 11 oclock for a medical and the deal is set to be completed by this evening. The news of the signing hasn't sparked great excitement amongst Boro fans , with many still waiting to see Duffy's more important signings for the club.

Steve Gibson:

Jack Stephens is a quality young player and in a few years i'm sure will have the chance to compete with the first team but for now he will be nurtured in the youth programme alongside all our other young players. The affiliation with Southampton is a great achievement as it allows Ashley Duffy the chance to buy the players he gets to watch every week and also allows us first option on many of the Souths fine young players. I am hopeful that the future is bright for them as well as us and would just like to tell the fans that Duffy is going to be here for a very long time and will be enjoying this new era in Boro's history as a central figure of the club.

Reading_FC_logo.jpg

0,,10307%7E8880780,00.jpg

New Star Heads Out On Season Loan!

The first signing for Reading FC has already left after his 410,000 pound move today. Young winger Johnny Gorman who signed a 4 year deal with the Championship squad has left on a season long loan to join up with League 2 club Hereford United. Coach Beckett has came out saying he needs first team football, he should easy get it in the lower leagues we wish him and Hereford the best of luck this season and hope he dose well there.

TN2396_jay_bothroyd.jpg

Cardiff Sell Star ST In Swap Deal!

In a deal that is seeing 1.5 million pound and ST Shane Long head to Championship squad Cardiff, Reading will be signing English ST Jay Bothroyd. The 29 year old could be a key signing for Beckett's club this season and he has said this could be a player who takes it too the league this season for us I hope he can hit form under me here at Reading FC.

article-0-09D3843F000005DC-392_468x308.jpg

English 18 Year Old Joining In 5M Raid!

Ipswich Town young Connor Wickham is on his way to Reading FC the English 18 year old will be looking to brake quick in to there first team and manager Mattuie Beckett has said the young star should soon be a big name here, he is still very young and has a lot to prove to the fans after the price we are paying but I see him becoming our main player every team needs one and I see him becoming this.

Scott-Malone_2389682.jpg

Wolves Cash In Again To Reading FC!

In a second deal in 2 days Reading are signing another Wolves star this time English LB Scott Malone the 20 year old has came out saying he has not been happy under there new boss and is happy to join up with Beckett he will join ex Wolves youth Gorman at Reading and could also be heading out on loan, many are asking why spend cash and loan players out Beckett has said because we are a long term club and he is a long term LB for our club coming in for 420,000.

Norwich-evening-News-24.jpg

NCFC%20BADGE.gif

Canaries Appoint Robinson as Manager

PL.png

Today Norwich City have unveiled their new manager in the highly anticipated English Championship 7777. The man who will lead the Canaries promotion charge to the Premiership is none other than Joe Robinson, a familiar face from set ups such as English Championship 7345 & 7046

Robinson's arrival has been greeted with alot of positive feedback amongst the fans, and high profile shareholders Delia Smith and Michael Wynn-Jones have been quoted as saying the appointment is "fantastic for the club"

106371_news.jpg

Majority Shareholders: Michael Wynn-Jones & Delia Smith

Robinson was then unveiled at a press conference this evening and was visibly delighted to have taken over the reigns and such an established club.

719949080.jpg

J.R

I am obviously absolutely delighted to have been given the opportunity to manage this club. I've always wanted to be a part of this special club, and I will do my utmost to get us to where we belong, and that is in the Premiership. The stadium and training facilities are Premiership quality, and the fan base here is incredible. The fans deserve to see this club in the Premiership and I vow to make that happen.

One of the key issues at the conference was how Robinson will be going about building his squad for the season. With a fair size transfer kitty at his disposal, many fans will be hoping to see some new faces join. One deal already done, has seen the very talented Henri Lansbury join City on a permanent deal from Arsenal for a fee of £4million.

1389342181.jpg

Sign Him Up: Henri Lansbury joing on a permanent deal

Signing Henri up on a permanent basis was my main aim when I got here. I've been very impressed with him, and he has serious potential and will no doubt help this club this season, and also in seasons to come. We have a number of offers out there at the moment. We are looking to build a nice size squad in order to be able to challenge in both League success and also the Cups. I'm a great believer in the guys who are here already. The likes of Russell Martin, Wes Hoolahan, Grant Holt who will remain the club Captain and also Simeon Jackson. These guys are big favourites amongst the fans, and will not be leaving this club whilst I'm in charge.

449022558.jpg

Going Knowhere: Grant Holt & Wes Hoolahan

This season promises to be massive, and City will be up against some tough opposition, but the board and management are in no doubt that they could well take a place amongst the play-offs, and who knows, may even go one better.

leedsunitedfcbadge.jpg

Details Of The Challenge Duffy Faces Released By Leeds Board

article-1090583-02A291F3000005DC-145_468x286.jpg

Fans Expect Duffy to Bring Leeds back to the Glory Days

With the expectation of a city on his shoulders can new Leeds boss and life long fan Aaron Duffy bring Leeds to the next level and take the club which has been in the third tier and second tier for some years now after the awful finacial meltdown and relegation which was shortly followed by 2 play off final loses and another relegation inbertween. However with a big club like Leeds United Comes big expectations , the premiership is intergrated into this club and the fan base proves that along with the inferstructure a 40,000 seater stadium in the shape of Elland Road and one of the richest Historys out of most English Football Clubs. This Report is mainly to show what the new Leeds boss faces in his first season in charge along with the objects him and his team are likley to come across in the next season.

LeedsUnitedSeasononeBudget.jpg

The Leeds Board have annonced that Duffy will have £21,600,000 to spend on players to help boost squad numbers this large amount of money is the highest given by any chairman in the football leauge although this amount has been givin with the knowledge that Duffy won't be getting any more investment untill pre season next year and will have to earn fund through careful management of his money. Duffy is said to be using the money as parts of trade deals and is looking to bring in around 22 players with the money handed to him by his chairman and board.

LeedsSquadStartOfSeasonOne.jpg

Now The Squad is the big issue for Duffy and his backroom staff the squad stands at a small 22 with 2 of those being the loan additions of George Mccartney and Barry Bannan who have been told that there loan spells will not be put in depardy by the recent appointment of Duffy. With 20 players signed on permanent deals this proves to be a huge issue for the club as the least amount of players aloud by the football leauge is 21 and 2 of which must be goalkeepers. With Leeds currently having one keeper in the shape of Kasper Schmeichel son of Peter who would be leaving however Duffy has been told theres no way he can leave untill there is a number two in place just in case Leeds fail in a transfer move and have to play a outfield player in goal. The Squad in general is set to be totaly regenerated with Duffy said to be approaching a solid world class starting 11 backed up by a very strong youth team, To the excitement of leeds fans.

FixtureList-LeedsUnited7777.jpg

Duffy's Leeds Face a tough start to the season with two home tie's against Swansea City and Portsmouth these opening games could all be down to which manager has been able to aquire there targets in the week running up to the start of the season, if any team has managed to get all there targets then there be in a very strong position to pick up some early points in the race for the leauge. United have a Friendly arranged against Joe Robinson's Norwich City the division two club will travel up to Elland Road with both teams treating the game like a leauge game but a friendly one at that it is for sure both managers will be expecting to see there teams preform to a high standad ahead of the new season. Leeds have got lucky in the Draw for the English Cup first round with them picking up a Bye through to the second round which should please Duffy and his players as it allows them to have a much needed rest with the heavy fixture congestion. Although in the Sheild Duffy's United will face Division one side West Bromwich Albion in the first round it offers to be a tough game for both sides and the game is likley to be decided on what strength teams are played.

Ken Bates

Its going to be a long hard season for are lads but i feel we have enought about ourselves to prove we can cut it at this level , I know feel the need to leave everything down to Duffy and his Staff I'm back off to Monaco so i can avoid paying taxes.

Home Grown Gaffer Appointed At Preston

PNEBadge.png

Preston North End shocked the whole of English football last nigh by appointing rookie manager Ben Newman as the new manager of the club. The news came after ex West Ham manager Avram Grant turned down the job in seek of a new premier league club. The Lillywhites haven't had the best of luck in the last few seasons, with the hype of the play offs ending in a dissapointment with 2 semi finals and 2 finals ending in defeat for the team from Lancashire. Though the club hope they have found the right man to finally give them the chance to prove they are capable of playing at premiership level, a thought that Newman relishes.

Ben Newman

Growing up and supporting your local team is the best feeling in the world but to get the opportunity to manage them is out of this world. It seems like just yesterday I was walking down to Deepdale with my father, scarf around my neck with not a trouble in the world. Ready to cheer on the lads and hope for a few goals. My oh my, what a feeling it was! Hopefully this time around it will be other little boys and girls having the time of there lifes, I look forward to seeing their faces light up when Deepdale Duck does a lap of the pitch, shaking hands and getting a picture with them haha.

PhilBrown5.jpg

Newman reunited with his home town club

Barton Arrives At Deepdale

Hours after the club announced the appointment of Newman, it became clear that Newcastle hard man Joey Barton would be joining the club. The deal is rumoured to be worth around £7 million and the England international looks to be appointed the new club captain.

The new manager had this to say on the deal:

Ben Newman

Barton has not had the best of careers with him being the centre of attention in the media for quite some time. We just hope he can settle in and enjoy his time with the club, after all why do a job if you can't enjoy it? We are also hoping that he is the first of many players to be joining the club with a couple of bids here and there on players I feel can bring success to the club.

JoeyBarton1-1.jpg

The new club captain in action for Newcastle

Reading_FC_logo.jpg

KI.jpg

Reading To Brake Bank On 25 Year Old ST!

In a raid on the world of football Reading FC are bringing in 6 new players the pick of the mix striker Chu-Young Park, the over players joining are 24 year old Dennis Aogo, 22 year old Daniel Schwaab, 21 year old Fran Merida, 18 year old Maxym Koval, and 18 year old Mortiz Leitner.

Manager Beckett has said his long term team is coming together real nice we are signing some top long term players we need to keep bringing in players like this to have a chance of making it to the EPL next season players like Park will get us goals, young stars will be the key to this team this season.

Bruno Cesar and five others set to join Boro

Middlesbrough_crest.png

Activity was plenty at Boro's training ground this morning with Ashley Duffy , Steve Gibson and the new assistant who we've been told not to name as an offical announcement is set to be made latter , were all busy on phones negotiating with many of the worlds top respected clubs in order to try and secure the next set of Boro super stars.

Heading the list however was a slightly lesser known star. Middlesbrough were the only club bidding on Brazilian winger Bruno Cesar , but his reputation in Brazil , the country of his birth , is huge. Cesar made a massive impact at Corinthians last season with a number of important goals that put them within a shout of the title. The tricky winger was expected to head to Benfica in order to do the common South American route to Europe via Pourtugal but the task at Boro and under exciting young manager Ashley Duffy seems to have pulled him to the Riverside. He is now expected to play a huge part in Duffy's plans with the team seamingly to be built around him.

bruno-cesar-corinthians-atletico-mg-hg-20100718.jpg

Bruno Cesar celebrating one of many goals last season

Bruno Cesar wasn't the only pre medical signing last night. Gary Medel of Sevilla , Sergio Floccari of Lazio , Taye Taiwo of Marsellies , Clemens Fritz of Weder Bremen and Michele Pazienza of Napoli were all among the late night captures in a succsesful night for the Boro management. Along with these signings 4 others have been approached but it is looking like they will be heading to other teams around the divisions of English football. Many of the stars have flown in on the first flight this morning in order to complete medicals that will be key to the signing of their contracts at the club. It is widley expected that all will pass with flying colours but Duffy has been quick to try and keep the pressure down.

Some of the players we've managed to negotiate with and even get them to come and have a look at the club is amazing. Players like Floccari and Medel are meant to be in the top tier of football and if we can pull them into this division with our ambition and drive then that will be fantastic. The four other players we are negotiating with i will not name as they are set to make their own decisions on wheter they want to join us with a great challenge and ambitions or the other clubs in the divisions who i expect don't have the ambitions we do. The Players joining today will get a tour of the training facilities and stadia and will also be shown the possible tempoary appartments that the club will fund for the first 6 months of there stay if need be. I'll be sure to keep the fans informed with developments.

Stoch Shocks Saints!

33610_1282860564.jpg

Chelsea reject Miroslav Stoch is set to join the Saints.

I am willing to throw away the Turkish League, I will be seen more in the Npower League 1. English Football is amazing, and I missed it so. I do keep an eye on the English Leagues, and I particularly like the likes of Lallana and Chamberlain, who I cannot wait to play with.

Hopefully I can play Chelsea with this team, and do one over on them, would be great to go back to Stamford Bridge. He said Sarcastically.

- Miroslav Stoch

The Deal is undisclosed, and it looks like José Fonte and Oscar Gobern will be going the other way.

Javier Matilla Joins in the Party

38681_1283709608.jpg

Javier Matilla is another high profile player, fed up of being a Bench-Warmer for Valencia

I just got fed up of sitting on the bench, watching the likes of Alba get their chance, using him as an example as he is still young. Southampton looks like a great club, a great stadium, and great fans. Have looked at the History, and I want to be apart of the team that brought Southampton back to the Glory Days

- Javier Matilla

The Deal is undisclosed, and it looks like Guilherme DO PRADO will be going the other way.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR0LWT4xEKgxym8pqWa7XJNceWR4YS7WpJbShjthOLDtMtAkdKVIQ&t=1

West Brom Appoint New Manager

WBA_Crest.jpg

Ahead of the new season, West Brom have moved swiftly to replace Roy Hodgson after the board decided a more attractive style of football was needed at the Hawthorns.

The new man who calls him Arsene Wenger Jr, although there is no relation to the current Arsenal manager, has been brought in and given his chance to turn the Midlands club into the best team in the region. He has promised a raft of new, world class players and he has not disappointed. So far we believe the boss has arrived with 3 new players. These players are:

52296_news.jpg

The Brazilian swaps Madrid for Birmingham

Benedikt%20H%C3%B6wedes_633843714024138750.jpg

The young German also joins the revolution.

Diego%2520Lopez.jpg

The Villareal shotstopper is the 3rd signing of the day.

We also understand the club bid for Mehdi Benatia but the defender decided to join Swansea City. Finally, the club have just told us that they have had a bid accepted for Espanyol striker Pablo Osvaldo but Liverpool are also interested in his signature but Mr Wenger Jr is hopeful the striker will decide to ply his trade at the Hawthorns.

leedsunitedfcbadge.jpg

Negredo Trades Sunny Spain For Leeds

Alvaro-Negredo-Sevilla.gif

Negredo's Reaction After being told On the rival offers to Leeds Bid

In the early hours of this morning it was confimed by officals at Elland Road on the clubs website and through a phone call to Sky Sports news that Spanish forward Alvaro Negredo will be joining the club in a shock move from Sevilla. The Spanish forward is set to lead the line for Leeds and fans are hopeing he will become a consitant Goalscorer for the club. This move by Negredo to division two Leeds has shocked many fans around the country but the deal is even more impressive when you look at what Duffy proposed to Sevilla to take the player to Elland Road. Duffy Offerd Andy O'Brien and 3.5 Million Pounds which to the shock of everyone was accepted, Negredo is said to be very happy about his transfer and can't wait to enjoy the beautiful british game for such a famous club with lots of history although it is said that Negredo's English isint very good at the moment and that he will be taking English lessons as part of his deal. Negredo has sent his agent house hunting but for the time being has been placed in a five star hotel. Leeds are said to be welcoming all fans to Elland road for the first training session tomorrow all fans what attend will see the 15 new signings and they will also pick up a 25% discount on all Shirts and Tickets for tomorrows Friendly against Norwich.

Duffy:

What a signing i was awoken i the early hours of the morning to be told that we had completed the signing of Alvaro and 11 other players that names will be realsed later in there own confrence. I had a little celebration and instantly started calling around finding accomidation for the new lads as quite a few of them we're standing at the airport waiting for the club to pick them up.

Norwich-evening-News-24.jpg

NCFC%20BADGE.gif

The New Era Begins

Leandro-Damiao-120211-450x388-gp.jpg

New Front Man: Leandro Damiao

Norwich City have been very busy over the past 24 hours, and have added 5 new faces to the ranks in their bid for promotion.

Robinson has unveiled the new players at the clubs press conference ahead of their trip to Leeds in a friendly tomorrow night. Below are profiles of the new Canaries.

Rene Adler (Goalkeeper)

The German shop stopper joins City from Bayer Leverkusen in a deal that has seen John Ruddy, Andrew Surman and £3million go to Germany. Adler is one of the best goalkeepers in Europe and helped Leverkusen finish in 2nd place in the Bundesliga last season.

Rene-Adler-Manchester-United-2011-300x200.jpg

Joe Robinson:

Bringing in a proven top quality goalkeeper will do us no end of good for the season. He's played for Germany and also in Europe and is already well experienced despite only being 26

Konstantin Rausch (Defender)

Another German signing, and he comes in for a fee of £1.9million and also sees David Fox and Anthony McNamee go in the opposite direction. Rausch made a name for himself when he became Hannover's youngest ever player at the age of 18, and has since established himself as a starter.

114421_hp.jpg

Leandro Damiao (Striker)

The Brazilian front man scored 22 goals in 24 appearances for Internacional, and earned himself a call up to the Brazilian squad in the friendly victory over Scotland at the Emirates.

Leandro-Damiao.jpg

Joe Robinson

We had some competition for the lad. He's a brilliant striker and his goal ratio is fantastic. With many games being played in a short space of time time, he'll be brilliant when we need to rest Grant, or if heaven forbid injuries occur.

City have also brought in Negueba Guilherme from Flamengo and also Nicolas Tagliafico from Banfield to help bolster the numbers in the squad, with them competiting in 3 trophies over the next season.

Tomorrow evening will see the Canaries take on Leeds United, and with both sides new to the Championship following their promotions from League 1, many feel it will be a season in which they will look to stabilise and secure their place in the Championship, but Robinson thinks differently.

I'm not saying it's impossible and I'm not going to totally write off our chances. We have a good bunch of players and with the additions we our making, we will only improve. But the fans need to realise that this club was on a downward spiral not so long ago, and any success we get this season, will be a bonus.

As the press conference came to an end, it was also announced that the club have agreed a deal with Freiburg that will see Omer Toprak join for a fee of £4million. With Robinson now signing a new goalkeeper and 2 defenders, it seems as though he is strengthening from the back, but remains adament his side will continue to produce their flowing football that brought them to the Championship

scf_toprak_ajugend_345x468.jpg

Norwich Bound: Omer Toprak

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTzQLS6HrTfsfDH7LNvfFjdVCVxpZvGrSe1XxYpclPGaSgpmRynUA

Danny Seaborne has completed the shocking move from Southampton (where he featured in ore than half of the games in their successful League 1 promotion bid) to be a star at Division 5 Wrexham!

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQbmEUfIK5oHjfUkywmUC7aZD11tShNr2XxaQWRvg60CTBly_pf

Aleksey Kozlov has started almost every game for Russia's surprise team Kuabn, who find themselves in second. He has decided, however, that Wales is his spiritual home.

46472_1290865639.jpg

Sanchez Ilie has swapped sunny spain to try his luck in the BSP after success with Barcelona "B" in Liga Adelante.

30553_robert_mak.jpg?1302388364

Another player with genuine class arrives at the Racecourse ground after a few appearances for FC Nuremberg Mak has begun his medical after successful contract negotiations.

photo26_1.jpg

The new goalkeeper is soon to arrive, clearing the way for Wrexham's most valuable player to be traded out. De Wolf has a great future ahead of him!

Eric-Tie-Bi_joueurfoot.jpg

Finally, Eric Tie Bi has completed his move from newly promoted Evian, where he has had a breakthrough season in Ligue 2.

There are plenty more players under 75 but I've taken up enough space already.

PETERBOROUGH UNITED have signed Labyad (80) and Morata (80) along with K.Hutton (75) and Galvan (73). All players are risers and have big futures. Also 17 other young under 21 players are yet to arrive, again with great futures, after 'Boro beat them to the player, facing stiff competition form other teams. By the end of the week we should have a starting 11 team rating of 81/82 (not bad for Division 3) and around 15-20 youth players in the youth setup, all with the best of best futures.

Langmead (74) will move to Wrexham for 400k plus Mattias Pogba (70) aged 20.

Lee Tomlin IS NOT FOR SALE after 7 clubs chasing him, because of his expected big rise.

Joe Lewis (80) IS for sale, with Reading having a slight interest.

Quite arguably Peterbroughs biggest players, Craig Mackail Smith is STILL up for sale. 80 rated, striker. Up for a rise from 80-81/82 ! So get your bids in, especially the Division 3,4, and 5 clubs.

More news to follow later :)[/size]

Sky Sports News, Breaking News.

georgie-thompson.jpg

Adem Ljajic to Saints!

Adem-Ljajic-Fiorentina-2011.jpg

It has emerged that Southampton have snapped up Teenager Adem Ljajic from Fiorentina, we managed to catch Southampton Manager Chris Lord after Training today. Later more news from Andy Burton.

- Georgie Thompson, Sky Sports News

An Interview with the manager:

Yeah suprised Fiorentina let the lad go, undergoing a medical as we speak before the new season begins. With Stoch on the Left, Ljajic on the Right, Lallana through the middle, we will be mega. Club Talisman Rickie Lambert up front in a 4-2-3-1 formation.

- Saints Manager, Chris Lord

Media Speculation

A few other signings have been announced aswell, on a great day for the revoulution at Southampton. Some potential in Samir Arab (65), Conor Stevenson (65). Another deal that is to be on the cards is Hákon Atli Hallfredsson, a mouthful for any commentator isn't it Georgie ;)

On other news Callum Mcnish (72) is heading to Reading, the attack the Saints now have for a Division 3 team might prove they can score the goals, but can their defence is worryingly short of numbers, we will see what Chris Lord does before the beginning of the season.

- Sky Sports News Anchor, Andy Burton from outside Saint Mary's Stadium.

IN:

BERNARDI, Laurent

ARAB, Samir

RODE, Renars

MATILLA, Javier

STOCH, Miroslav

STEVENSON, Connor

FRANCHI, Juan

ROONEY, John

LJAJIC, Adem

HALLFREDSSON, Hákon Atli

MIGNOLET, Simon

OUT:

STEPHENS, Jack

DICKSON, Ryan

SEABORNE, Daniel

HAMMOND, Dean

MCNISH, Callum

BIALKOWSKI, Bartosz

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR0LWT4xEKgxym8pqWa7XJNceWR4YS7WpJbShjthOLDtMtAkdKVIQ&t=1

Stevenage have made their first 2 signings of the season with the capture of Jhonatan Souza from Liverpool de Montevideo, and Fernandez Nacho of Real Madrid.

Stevenage managed to hold off a host of other clubs such as Grimsby, Darlington, Gateshead and Leyton Orient to sign Fernandez Nacho, at the cost of 400k, even beating Grimsby's 700k offer! The defender is expected to rise from 75 to 78.

The defence was bolstered even more when the unopposed bid of 200k for defender Jhonatan Souza was accepted and completed. Souza is expected to rise to about 80 in the next Uruguay changes.