English Championship 7777 - Match Reports,Transfer news etc.

O'Donnell

Re: English Championship 7777 - Match Reports,Transfer news etc.

Wolves Kick Off With A Win

Wolves picked up where they left from last season as they narrowly beat rivals Aston Villa.

22006277lo.jpg&width=150&res=0&png=true680.png

Aston Villa 1 - 2 Wolves

Division 1

Villa Park - Attendance: 42,593

Soldado (17)

Hernanes (26)

Drogba (84)

Llorente (79)

Substitutions

Leon for Cassani(60)

didierdrogbapv7.jpg

Didier Drogba is turning himself into a legend at Wolves with another goal today.

A fantastic display for Wolves sees them win a feisty Midlands derby on the opening day of the season. Wolves dominated the match and should have stretched their lead on serveral occasions as Villa only had 1 shot on target.

Villas only shot on target was their goal which took them ahead against the run of play after 17 minutes. Wolves stepped up their game and they got their equaliser on 26 minutes with Hernanes scoring his first competitive gol for the club. Wolves pushed and pushed while Villa dawdled, and if there was going to be a winner, it would be Wolves, and most likely the main man... Didier Drogba.

The game looked even more likely to go Wolves' way as Llorente was sent off for Villa with 11 minutes left. 5 minutes later the winner came and it was that man Drogba again to earn Wolves the 3 points they deserve.

Stats:

Posession

40% - 60%

Total Shots

8 - 15

Shots on target

1 - 4

Corners

4 - 8

Yellow Cards

3 -1

Red Cards

1 - 0

Man of the Match: Didier Drogba (Wolves)

b96e1e_d25b9cb10c441ed440aaa301de04d3db.jpg_128

Interview:

A great start for your team, did the game go as planned?

Cheers, the game didn't really go to plan as we expected Villa to put up a stronger fight. If it was our team last year then we wouldn't have taken advantage but our team is much stronger now and I'm glad we have taken this opportunity to win away against our rivals. The team I put out was a solid team looking for a draw, but with Didier in the team, anything can happen!

Yeah, so how important will Didier Drogba be for you this season?

Oh greatly important, last season we didn't have that firepower up front and we lacked goals from Petric and Necid. Since then Mladen has left and Didier has come in. This was very important for the team as Didier has the class and charisma to turn teams around. And we have based transfers around him. I want 20+ goals from him this season.

Next game: West Brom at Home in the Midlands Trophy.

Wolves Season 2 Official Squad

680.png

4575_1316953640.jpg

Weidenfeller

22410_1314106472.jpg3076_1315912838.jpg2989_1317118077.jpg

Alderweireld...........Heitinga ©..............Albiol

7337_1319815919.jpg...........................4544_1294494466.jpg..........................34886_1314641384.jpg

Cassani.............................................Rolfes..........................................Schmelzer

27877_1318536469.jpg............2658_1274533328.jpg

Hernanes.........................Muntari

3317_1316942313.jpg

Diego

473_1317387462.jpg

Drogba (VC)

Subs

McKeown...Sanhueza...Yobo...Gago...Del Moral...Leon...Necid

Youth Players

Stephens...Elton...Goulart...Raman

Loaned Out

Emerson...San Jose...Onuoha...Silvestre...Abdoulaye...D'Haene...Neustadter...Ekici...Herrmann...Carrillo

City escape Dean Court with a point

CardiffCCFC94-2.jpg

Sporting their new Adidias kit for the first time yesterday, the Bluebirds were travelling to Bournemouth in buoyant mood after their manager won the World Cup with Germany.

The team remained the same one that lost to Palace in last year's play-off semi final. One change among the subs was that experienced defender Tony Hibbert was fit for the bench, but unfortunately wasn't ready to start.

The game started in a scrappy fashion. Nedum Onuoha of Bournemouth & City's Darren Bent picked up stupid bookings as the game was in need of someone to put their foot on the ball & calm things down. City had much of the better chances in the opening period. Jakub Blaszczykowski smashed the bar on 9 minutes and Darren Bent & Craig Bellamy missed golden opportunities to put the Bluebirds 1 up. They were made to pay for their lack of ruthlessness in the 32nd minute. A long through ball from Giampiero Pinzi was latched onto by Kevin Davies who controlled expertly & slotted home to give The Cherries the lead. Worse things were on the horizon for City. Another silly tackle from Bent resulted in him getting a second booking and being sent off on 38 minutes.

bent.jpg

Bent realising he's getting booked again.

Despite being a man down going into the second half, the Bluebirds rallied & had long spells of possession. City were creating chances, but luckily for Bournemouth, their target man & lone striker wasn't on the pitch so the chances weren't being taken, much to the away fans dismay. Claudio Pizarro perhaps should have been sent off for the use of an elbow, but the ref only gave him a yellow card. The Cherries were looking increasingly dangerous on the break & if it wasn't for a strong palm over the bar by World Cup winning goalkeeper Tim Wiese from Kevin Davies' powerful half volley they'd have found themselves 2 down. However, Cardiff's pressure finally told & from a Craig Bellamy cross, Jakub Blaszczykowski rose the highest to get a well deserved point even though they played 2/3 of the game with only 10 men.

2414pblaszczykowski.jpeg

Blaszczykowski's goal seals the draw.

It wasn't easy, especially when Daz (Bent) got sent off. But, we seemed to grow in stature as the game went on. It's great the Jakub got off the mark today, it looks like he'll carry on where he left off last season. Bournemouth will stay up this year no doubt, they'll give most teams a run for their money.

- Darren Hancock, Cardiff manager.

9_CFC_header_june10_messageboard_version.jpg

261_4_1283721004.jpg

Play on the pitch at the B2Net Stadium just like your favourite Chesterfield players and legends!

Boys and girls aged between 6 and 13 are being given the chance to grace the hallowed turf and participate in mini tournaments this coming weekend.

Date: Saturday 5 November

10.30am - 11.30am: 6 to 9 years olds

11.45am - 12.45pm: 10 to 13 year olds

1.00pm - 2.00pm: 6 to 13 year olds

Date: Sunday 6 November

10.30am - 11.30am: 6 to 9 years olds

11.45am - 12.45pm: 10 to 13 year olds

At £50 per child for this chance of a lifetime event you will also be in with the chance to win some great prizes:

• Be a Ballboy/girl at the B2net on a matchday

• Win places on Summer Soccer Schools

• Win matchday tickets for a family of 5 inside an executive box

Please note, places are limited so please book early to avoid disappointment.

To book your place call 0208 365 5049, 9.30am to 5.30pm, Monday to Friday.

*this event is subject to cancellation in adverse weather conditions

leedsunitedfcbadge.jpg

Marco Reus "We're ready to cause some upsets"

439x.jpg

The Rocket's desperate to have a go at the Division one defenses..

Leeds New German International Winger Marco Reus has today spoken out to the Media in an attempt to further lift morale at Elland Road after a exciting month for the club and it's supporters. The 22 year old German who isn't first choice at Elland Road seemed in good spirits with him recently signing a new five year deal at the club.

Interviewer -
So Marco Last Season was a great one for the clubs, what was the key behind the success?

Marco Reus -
It was the team spirit everyone worked together and tried are morale was always high, the manager made sure we we're always first to know of news involving the club,transfers and other matters this led the trust and good team spirit.

Interviewer -
So Marco Whats the clubs hopes and aspirations for the season ?

Marco Reus -
We're going to take one game at a time and hopefully we're amass enough points to stay in the division. It's all well and good me saying we want to get into Europe but that's not realistic at present from speaking to Coach i know the aim's 17th.

Interviewer -
So 17th's the Target but how much of a role do you think your be playing this season ?

Marco Reus -
I know i'm down the pecking order at the moment but thats fair enough when you consider Deigo and Kevin are the lads i'm competing with. Personally ill be happy with cup games and sub appearances and then hopefully ill get my chance to prove myself in the second half of the season.

Interviewer -
So Finally Marco you've played 10 appearances for Leeds since joining do you see your future at the club?

Marco Reus -
Yes, i'm 100% commited to Leeds and won't be leaving any time soon. I Love Leeds as a City and a club there maybe the best up and coming team in the country at present and i feel conformable here it's a pleasure playing with players like Alvaro Negredo, Kevin Grosskreutz and Michael Dawson everyday.

_YL1msJkXNg

The Man's A Genius

Marc Janko Keen To Prove He's A Real Wise Buy

New Chesterfield Striker Has Vowed To Prove His Worth

Marc-Janko_2518968.jpg

Janko, 28, joined from FC Twente in an exchange with Neves Denilson to become Carolan's seventh summer signing.

And the Austrian international said:

I know a lot is expected of me but I’m here to make a difference. This is an exciting challenge for me, possibly the biggest of my career so far, I have signed for a team continuing to grow and one that offers so many possibilities.

Many foreign imports have trouble adjusting to life in England - especially when a high price-tag is involved, but Janko has said he will use the pressure as an added motivation.

The club paid a lot of money for me but it is a responsibility I am willing to carry, I will react positively and hopefully I can take the chance that I have been given. There were a number of things that attracted me to Chesterfield. Of course, there was the chance to play in the England and for a manager I have a lot of respect for. I know the way he [Carolan] works and I’m confident I can do all that he wants me to.

Chesterfield Manager Carolan After Tonights Match And Janko's Goal:

You could say that his goal against Doncaster tonight was a sign for everybody else, I knew what he is capable of. He has an excellent quality of setting up goals and can also score goals. It can take time to settle in. I felt like I had to protect Marc, there was too much pressure on him as he was not an English player and in Holland, he scored more goals than any other forward player. Im really pleased for him.

Spireites Off The Mark

Division 3

Wednesday 2 Nov 2011

Stadium: Keepmoat Stadium (15,231)

Attendance: 9,710

Doncaster Rovers 0 - 1 Chesterfield

M.JANKO 8

Doncaster

N REVISHVILI

K NABABKIN

S HIRD

B RODRIGO

J COLLINS

K STROOTMAN

M BOUSSOUFA

B PEDRETTI ©

C AMAURI

M ABDELLAOUE

A HLEB

Chesterfield

A ROSATI

E BOYCE ©

G ELOKOBI

K THEOPHILE-CATHERINE

J CATALA

C CLARK

J KEMBO-EKOKO

G WIJNALDUM

M JANKO

V ANITA

N MAURICE-BELAY

Carolan's Chesterfield Finally Kick Started There Division 3 Campaign Tonight With 3 Points Off Doncaster At The Keepmoat Stadium, Carolan Sent His Men Out Very Defensive Minded With Only Janko Infront Of A Five Man Midfield And That Proved The Key To The Game, Possession Told The Story With The Spireites Taking Nearly 60% Of It, It Took Only 8 Minutes Into The Match Before The Deadlock Was Broken And It Was Some Spectacular Counter Attacking From The Away Side Which Produced A Corner.

GOAL!! - The short corner is picked up by Marc JANKO who curls it round the unsighted keeper!

A Very Special Goal From The Austrian To Lift Pressure Not Only Off The Team But Himself Also, The Rest Of The Half Was Pretty Flat. Chesterfield Had Got What They Came For And Were Prepared To Sit On It.

It Wasn't Untill Twenty Minutes From Time Before We Saw The Next Goal Scoring Oppourtunity But It Was Wasted By The Away Side:

As the defenders dither with the loose ball in the box Cameron JEROME pops up but blasts wide

So That Being Said Is All She Wrote In This Game, Chesterfield Take There First Points Of The Season And Donny Lose There Second Of The Season After A Fine Result On Saturday. Leyton Orient Up Next For The Spireites Who Find Themselves On The Road For There Next 3 Fixtures Including A Group Game In The Founders Cup Against Mikey's AFC Bournemouth.

Until Next Time Folks

Remember Dont Txt And Drive

2dm5avt.png

Froz3n unhappy with Leeds manager Duffman after a stalemate

After tonight's 0-0 draw against Leeds United, Aston Villa manager Froz3n said he was disappointed with Leeds manager Duffman after he apparently ignored Froz3n's handshake after the game.

Froz3n said:

I really don't know what that was all about, I came to shake his hand after the game, and he just turned around and walked away. I'm sure you guys have it on the camera. I don't care about this anyway, it's him that will look bad at the end of the day not me. Oh and by the way, I can't wait to welcome them at Villa Park next time we play.

No official response has come from Leeds United yet.

cufc.png

Silvestre states his intentions

Colchester United loanee Matías Silvestre has dropped a massive hint that he is ready to commit his immediate future to 'The U's'. The 27-year-old joined 'The U's' on a season long loan at the end of October and has revealed that he believes he has rediscovered his best form as well as his appetite for the game.

Matías told the Colchester Mercury:

"I just want to enjoy my football which I am at the moment."

Matías went on to reveal that

"The Premier League is not all that it was made out to be, when he agreed to sign for Wolverhampton Wanderers. I would prefer to be playing games more regularly a division below the Premier League rather than just sitting in the stand watching my team mates play, and my bank balance going up, with me contributing nothing to the team."

Silvestre clearly feels his time at Molineux has come to an end despite having 2 years left on his contract. And it looks like he can't wait to agree a permanent deal at the Colchester Community Stadium.

Matias-Silvestre.jpg

Silvestre, shortly after signing for Colchester United on loan.

leedsunitedfcbadge.jpg

Duffy Responds to Villa Managers Claims

simon-grayson.jpg

Duffy Dismisses Claims he refused to shake the Villa managers hand at the end of the game.

Early This morning Aston Villa manager Froz3n claimed that Leeds United's Manager Aaron Duffy refused to shake his hand after the match and totally ignored him at the final whistle. The statement from the Villa boss has angered many of the Leeds Supporter and Management who saw the situation in a totally different way. The controversial surrounding the alleged incident has today escalated with many pundits giving there say on what they thought had happened. This incident happened at the end of the 0-0 draw which saw Leeds pick up there first premier league point since there return through the play offs last season. A Game in which saw Alvaro Negredo pick up his first man of the match and Marco Reus pick up his first minutes in division one. Duffy has been slow to react to the comment by the villa boss as he has had more important things to do which included arranging the Clubs Christmas party and talking to the chairman about possibly offering a free bottle of drench on the way into the stadium for each fan.

Duffy had this to say:

The way i saw the event was that at the final whistle when the coaches and player where shaking hands i tried to approach Froz3n however there was too many bodies in the way to get him and then once i finally got close to him to shake his hand i was informed he had abused a section of our support after they Engaged in a bit of banter after watching Claudio Marchiso fluff a shot. Now if he can't respect our supporters then i have much better things to do than give him any of my time when i could be doing other things like for example yesterday i was busy introducing players including Marco Reus to local Children in a effort to gain more support for the club.

crewealexandraec7777.jpg

New Sponsor In Place

League 2 side Crewe have partnered with drinks company Smirnoff who will become proud sponsors of the clubs kits this season. They signed a 1 year deal that will see Crewe receive 57p plus 140 crates of the popular Smirnoff Ice drink.

Crewe Announce Kit Deals

Crewe Alexandra are delighted to announce short term and long term kit deals with 3 well known manufacturers. Clothing giants Reebok will be making home kits for the club until the end of the season whilst Nike have worked hard on the clubs away kit.

crewealexandra.pngcreweaway.png

Home Kit by Rbk, Away Kit by Nike

Crewe's deal with Reebok is set to include a festive kit in December and new kit sponsor Smirnoff are allowing the manufacturer free reign over the Christmas kit. They have revealed they will allow Rbk to take the Smirnoff sponsor off the kit for the month in order to replace it with a more festive logo.

Macron have also got in on the act creating a novelty kit that will be worn only in the shield competition. The club are not expected to take this competition seriously and Macron have created a kit that works well with the theme of not being taken seriously.

crewealternative.png

Macrons interesting shield kit

Wolves Win The Midlands Trophy

Wolves narrowly beat Aston Villa as Villas comeback was too late.

22006277lo.jpg&width=150&res=0&png=true680.png

Aston Villa 2 - 3 Wolves

Midlands Trophy Final

Sheikh Zayed Stadium - Attendance: 49,497

Hernanes (4)

Drogba (17, 47)

Llorente (49)

Marchisio (61)

Substitutions

Leon for Cassani(60)

wolves-celebrate-promotion-pic-getty-74230545.jpg

Wolves celebrate their first Trophy since winning the Championship in 2009.

Wolves stun Villa to win the Midlands Trophy. This continues their good form and they have already won 3 Midlands derbies this season. The game looked liked it was going Wolves' way as Hernanes and Drogba scored in the first 20 minutes. Villa had numerous chances to equalise but the Wolves defence stood firm until half time.

Villa needed an early goal in the 2nd half to have a chance of winning but it was Wolves who scored the 3rd vital goal. With Hernanes scoring just 2 minutes into the 2nd half. 3-0 down, Villa looked down and out, but they kept on fighting wth manager Froz3ns words on the touchline spurring them on. They struck straight back with Lorente scoring just 2 minutes after. Villa sensed an opportunity to striker again and Wolves looked worried. The game endured an exciting finish as Villa scored that crucial 2nd goal after 61 minutes.

From then on it was fairly even, but Villa looked very dangerous whenever they had the ball. We could all sense on equaliser coming and Villa could taste it. Unfortunately their dominance ran out of steam and Wolves won by the narrowist of margins. Meaning Wolves win the Trophy and the bragging rights over their Midland rivals as they endure a great start to the season.

Emirates-Cup.jpg

Stats:

Posession

38% - 62%

Total Shots

16 - 14

Shots on target

10 - 7

Corners

4 - 4

Yellow Cards

2 -2

Red Cards

0 - 0

Man of the Match: Marchisio (Aston Villa)

Interview:

Your team are looking very strong, how does it feel to win your first trophy with the club?

It feels fantastic, the lads worked incredibly hard to win against our rivals and credit to them. We faced tough opposition against West Brom and Aston Villa and we beat them both, it shows how well the team are gelling and the new additions fit in perfectly. Hopefully this bodes well for the rest of the season!

weeklyshrimper4-1.png

The Shrimps vs Bulls derby Build-up

Despite important matches in the league against Bath and Bury, and a Founders Cup game against the Wombles. Morecambe manager Alex O'Donnell and the fans have been keeping a sharp eye on the fierce Derby next Wednesday against Hereford. The banter levels between O'Donnell and the smut have rose to a significant level, and are predicted to rise ahead of their encounter.

Interviewer: So Alex, are you aware of the Shrimps vs Bulls derby next week? And if so what are you and the rest of the team feeling ahead of the match?
Alex: I most certainly am, and so are the players. The players are pumped and can't wait to see the Bulls weep in defeat in front of our beloved home crowd. I mean we thumped them 4-0 at home last season so predicting a repeat would be sensible.

Lita.jpg

Morecambe striker Leroy Lita taunting imcompetent Hereford fans.

Interviewer: Now, another thing to note is the return of De Wit, how would you describe him?
Alex: Well, admittedly he wasn't that bad for us last season. However his level 1 concern he had at the club when he was at the club was unacceptable, despite me looking over it. Then the moment came when he refused to rise, in which I had it and sold him. Then not only did he have the cheek to return to England, he had the cheek to join our rivals Hereford! Can't believe him, he's a traitor and he always will be.

Football_League_One.png

rybet.png

Season 2 Odds

Here are the odds for the Second Season of League 1, we can see that Plymouth are title favourites and Tranmere are favourites for relegation.

Place your bets now! ;)

Title Odds

Plymouth Argyle - 6/4

MK Dons - 3/1

Coventry City - 11/2

Brighton - 7/1

Sheffield Wednesday - 10/1

Chesterfield - 12/1

Peterborough United - 15/1

Carlisle United - 16/1

Southend United - 20/1

Doncaster Rovers - 25/1

Watford - 25/1

Charlton Athletic - 32/1

Southampton - 36/1

Yeovil Town - 50/1

Walsall - 50/1

Bristol Rovers - 75/1

Swindon Town - 80/1

Leyton Orient - 100/1

Dagenham & Redbridge - 150/1

Hartlepool United - 200/1

Notts County - 250/1

Gillingham - 300/1

Bradford City - 400/1

Tranmere Rovers - 500/1

Promotion Odds

Plymouth Argyle - 1/5

MK Dons - 1/3

Coventry City - 5/6

Sheffield Wednesday - 2/1

Chesterfield - 5/2

Brighton - 7/2

Peterborough United - 6/1

Carlisle United - 8/1

Southend United - 10/1

Doncaster Rovers - 12/1

Watford - 12/1

Southampton - 16/1

Charlton Athletic - 18/1

Walsall - 20/1

Swindon Town - 25/1

Leyton Orient - 32/1

Notts County - 32/1

Bristol Rovers - 36/1

Yeovil Town - 50/1

Gillingham - 75/1

Bradford City - 75/1

Dagenham & Redbridge - 100/1

Hartlepool United - 125/1

Tranmere Rovers - 200/1

To Reach Play Offs - Odds

Sheffield Wednesday - 1/6

Coventry City - 1/4

Chesterfield - 1/2

Brighton - 4/5

Peterborough United - 6/5

Carlisle United - 2/1

Southend United - 5/2

MK Dons - 5/1

Doncaster Rovers - 7/1

Watford - 7/1

Plymouth Argyle - 12/1

Charlton Athletic - 12/1

Southampton - 16/1

Yeovil Town - 20/1

Walsall - 25/1

Bristol Rovers - 30/1

Swindon Town - 32/1

Leyton Orient - 35/1

Dagenham & Redbridge - 50/1

Hartlepool United - 75/1

Notts County - 75/1

Gillingham - 100/1

Bradford City - 100/1

Tranmere Rovers - 150/1

Relegation Odds

Tranmere Rovers - 1/12

Bradford City - 2/15

Gillingham - 1/5

Notts County - 1/2

Hartlepool United - 6/5

Leyton Orient - 3/1

Swindon Town - 5/1

Bristol Rovers - 6/1

Dagenham & Redbridge - 10/1

Walsall - 16/1

Yeovil Town - 20/1

Southampton - 25/1

Charlton Athletic - 28/1

Watford - 36/1

Doncaster Rovers - 36/1

Southend United - 50/1

Carlisle United - 75/1

Chesterfield - 100/1

Peterborough United - 150/1

Brighton - 200/1

Sheffield Wednesday - 250/1

Coventry City - 250/1

MK Dons - 300/1

Plymouth Argyle - 500/1

2dm5avt.png

Marchisio - This is my year

Inspirational midfielder ready to prove his worth to Villa faithful

Marchisss.jpg

Claudio Marchisio has vowed to have the best season of his career and to help Aston Villa achieve at least a Champions League spot this year. Marchisio talked to Villa TV after the Midlands cup final in United Arab Emirates after he was voted the man of the match.

Of course a defeat to our rivals is always hard to take, especially when you lose in such circumstances. We were a much better team in the second half. I feel that if this team finds it's game it will be an unbeatable force in the premiership and Europe and I will help to make sure this does happen.

Marchisio was voted fans player of the year last season and he thinks his game will only get better this year.

Villa face West Ham tomorrow, a team that Marchisio has been linked with all summer long, in exchange for former Villa midfielder Ashley Young, but Blackburn manager Kari kept denying the transfer saying Marchisio was not good enough.

Tomorrow I will prove to Kari, that I would have been the perfect player for her team, I don't mean to sound arrogant but I'm a much better player than Young, and tomorrow it will be clear as a day. At the end of the day I'm happy I stayed with Villa as this is the team I love and the team I will achieve success with.

Aston Villa vs West Ham exclusively on Villa TV tomorrow night. Make sure to tune in!

Football_League_Two.png

rybet.png

Season 2 Odds

Here are the odds for the Second Season of League 2, we can see that Morecambe and Wrexham are promotion favourites and Macclesfield most likely to go down.

Place your bets now! ;)

Title Odds

Morecambe - 2/1

Wrexham - 5/2

Accrington Stanley - 4/1

Exeter City - 8/1

Brentford - 17/2

Hereford United - 14/1

Stockport County - 16/1

Rotherham United - 20/1

Northampton Town - 25/1

Rochdale - 32/1

Lincoln City - 40/1

Burton Albion - 40/1

Crewe Alexandra - 50/1

Bath City - 75/1

Torquay United - 100/1

Stevenage - 100/1

Oldham Athletic - 125/1

Cheltenham Town - 150/1

Port Vale - 200/1

Bury - 200/1

Shrewsbury Town - 250/1

Oxford United - 350/1

Aldershot Town - 500/1

Macclesfield Town - 750/1

Promotion Odds

Morecambe - 1/8

Wrexham - 1/6

Accrington Stanley - 1/3

Stockport County - 7/8

Hereford United - 6/5

Exeter City - 2/1

Brentford - 5/2

Rotherham United - 5/1

Rochdale - 6/1

Lincoln City - 10/1

Northampton Town - 12/1

Crewe Alexandra - 16/1

Torquay United - 20/1

Burton Albion - 22/1

Stevenage - 25/1

Bath City - 32/1

Oldham Athletic - 50/1

Cheltenham Town - 60/1

Oxford United - 75/1

Port Vale - 100/1

Bury - 125/1

Shrewsbury Town - 150/1

Macclesfield Town - 250/1

Aldershot Town - 300/1

To Reach Play Offs - Odds

Hereford United - 1/6

Stockport County - 1/4

Exeter City - 1/2

Brentford - 5/6

Rotherham United - 6/4

Accrington Stanley - 2/1

Northampton Town - 6/1

Rochdale - 8/1

Wrexham - 10/1

Lincoln City - 12/1

Burton Albion - 16/1

Morecambe - 16/1

Crewe Alexandra - 25/1

Bath City - 32/1

Torquay United - 36/1

Stevenage - 40/1

Oldham Athletic - 50/1

Cheltenham Town - 50/1

Port Vale - 75/1

Bury - 75/1

Shrewsbury Town - 100/1

Oxford United - 100/1

Aldershot Town - 150/1

Macclesfield Town - 200/1

Relegation Odds

Macclesfield Town - 1/6

Aldershot Town - 1/3

Oxford United - 5/2

Shrewsbury Town - 5/1

Cheltenham Town - 8/1

Bury - 10/1

Port Vale - 12/1

Oldham Athletic - 16/1

Crewe Alexandra - 20/1

Stevenage - 25/1

Torquay United - 25/1

Bath City - 28/1

Northampton Town - 36/1

Burton Albion - 40/1

Lincoln City - 40/1

Rochdale - 50/1

Rotherham United - 75/1

Brentford - 75/1

Exeter City - 100/1

Accrington Stanley - 150/1

Stockport County - 200/1

Hereford United - 200/1

Wrexham - 400/1

Morecambe - 500/1

leedsunitedfcbadge.jpg

Leeds Grab Surprise Victory

Leeds United 2-1 Tottenham Hotspur

5548481447_a50b877140.jpg

Perotti and Negredo Doing what they do best

Line up

1-S RUFFIER

2-L PISZCZEK

3-L ANTONINI

4-M DAWSON

5-N LOMBAERTS ©

6-L GUSTAVO

7-C CHANTOME

8-S SCHAARS

9-Á NEGREDO

10-D PEROTTI

11-K GROSSKREUTZ

Stats

Possession

49%-51%

Total Shots

9-19

Shots On Target

2-5

Corners

6-3

Yellow Cards

0-1

Red Cards

0-0

Duffy:

I'm Delighted with the victory it was always going to be a tough game. Tottenham are a massive team so to pull off that sort of result is a bit morale boost. I thought Deigo,Alvaro and Stephane played fantastic tonight. After Three games things are going the way i expected and it looks like its going to be a long tough season however we need to keep pushing and trying to gain points. It's been a good first week in the top flight and the signing of James Ward-Prowse has allowed us to celebrate the successful first week with another good young signing.

Chesterfield Dominate In Victory

Line Up

1. A ROSATI
  2. C CLARK ©
  3. G ELOKOBI
  4. G CORRAL
  5. L RUPP
  6. A ALMEIDA
  7. J AUDEL
  8. C MARTINS
  9. M JANKO
  10. C JEROME
  11. N MAURICE-BELAY

Half-Time Changes

J GUDMUNDSSON - ON

K THEOPHILE-CATHERINE - ON

MOM (Star Man)

M JANKO

Goalscorer

G CORRAL - Assisted By M JANKO

Carolan's Chesterfield Ran Out There 2nd Consecutive Away Win In The League With A 0-1 Victory In A Game Which Was Dominated By Possession, 63% Possession To Away Side Was The Key, Gozzy's O's Will Be Paying This Morning For Missed Chances With 10 Shots On Target Gozzy Must Of Expected More But They Failed To Hit The Net. The Pressure From The Away Side Saw 6 First Half Corners And On 35 Minutes Debutant George Corral Found The Back Of The Net With A Sublime Header.

35' GOAL!! - A cross from the right is headed home by George CORRAL!

A Fiesty Second Half From Both Sides Seen Vlado Svilokos Have To Reach To His Pocket Twice, Once For A Late Lunge From The Spireites Playmaker Carlos Martins And Another For Andujar Coke, Both Lads Were Lucky Boys Because Any Other Day, Any Other Referee They Could Of Seen Red. And That Was All She Wrote, The Game Fizzled Out To The Delight Of Carolan At The Final Whistle.

74C950AB-F536-5629-38D839E34DD7E5AA.jpg

Carolan Glad For The Final Whistle

Carolan :

Excellent Performance From The Boys Again, Squad Rotation Is Working A Treat This Year, The Boys Are Coming In And Really Taking There Chances, Great For Them But Gives Me A Tough Choice Against Mikey's Lads In The Founders Cup On Monday, Who Do I Play, Who Do I Drop. But Its A Good Headache To Have. Another Away Trip To Carlisle On Wednesday, Can You Remember The Last Time We Played At Home? Because I Cant. B2 What You Call It? Haha

Maurice-Belay Adjusting To English Football

nicolas-maurice-belay-a-tenu-un-discours-ambitieux-avant-la-venue-de-montpellier-photo-lionel-vadam.jpg

Played 4, Scored 0, Assisted 2

Maurice-Belay is convinced that his performances for Chesterfield will improve as he continues to adjust to English football.

The French midfielder, who joined the Spireites from Bordeaux in the summer, admits that Ligue 1 is completely different from the English League.

"It was difficult to adjust to English football at first. I have had to adapt but the only way you can get more experience of it is by playing. That is how I will get better, "The English League is more physical and faster than French football. In France it's more tactical - a lot of short passes. Here it's different. Here there are no easy games. In France you have a few games where it's easier - here, never!"

Maurice-Belay has U17, U18 and U20 French caps to his name but is hoping he will get the call up to the full squad by showcasing his talents in England.

FOUNDERS CUP

GROUP 3

GAME 1

AFC BOURNEMOUTH 1-3 CHESTERFIELD

Line Up

1. A ROSATI
  2. K THEOPHILE-CATHERINE ©
  3. G ELOKOBI
  4. C CLARK
  5. E BOYCE
  6. N MAURICE-BELAY
  7. C MARTINS
  8. V ANITA
  9. M JANKO
  10. C JEROME
  11. G WIJNALDUM

Half-Time Changes

J GUDMUNDSSON - ON

G CORRAL - ON

MOM (Star Man)

C JEROME

Goalscorer(s)

C JEROME x2

M JANKO

KEY MOMENTS

24' GOAL!! - Using his blistering pace Cameron JEROME leaves the defenders in his wake and chips the keeper with aplomb!
26' GOAL!! - Some excellent passing leaves Marc JANKO clear on goal and he finishes with ease!
44' GOAL!! - Cameron JEROME climbs over the defender and heads into the corner of the net!
54' GOAL!! - A poor clearance falls to Claudio PIZARRO who smacks the ball past the despairing keeper!

CameronJerome_2385598.jpg

Jerome Celebrates His 2nd Just Before Half Time

Carolan :

I Think Defenders Across The Gameworld Are Starting To Worry, This Partnership We Have Ourselves Is Settling Like A Dream, Cracking Start To A Competition Were Known For Doing Well In, Lets Hope We Go One Better Than Last Year.

Heskey Charged with Assault and Drugs Abuse

HeskeyG1808_468x353.jpg

Not celebrating anymore! Emile Heskey spent last night behind bars.

A rampant Emile Heskey (33) allegedly assaulted a helpless Wrexham fan in a wheelchair whilst high on a cocktail of amphetamines and cocaine. BBC sport has learned that after the controversial Founder's Cup game away at Wrexham (the ref was seen drinking in the Gateshead dressing room after the match) a jubilant Heskey took to the pitch and began explicitly gesturing to the home fans. He then spotted Sam (9) crying after the loss.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTeWHK7DMju_yqHdvz0z5gkKW26dbgSJeb_sXXKKZaO0mvQ5xCp9g

Heskey went up to Sam as if he was going to console him, but instead punched him straight in the face. He was arrested 6 hours later at his home in Gateshead. In the same incident, he has been banned by the FA from League and Cup games whilst they investigate claims that he had taken sever banned and illegal drugs. Neither Cedd Cook or Heskey were ready to make a comment but Wrexham manager Barnaby Dowling had this to say:

We are all absolutely devastated and we hope that little Sam recovers soon. the reason I haven't reacted to the match is that I have been helping to look after him and trying to bring that animal Heskey to justice.

CARLISLE UTD 2-1 CHESTERFIELD

Chesterfield Line-Up

• A ROSATI
  • K THEOPHILE-CATHERINE © (45)
  • J PAREDES
  • J CATALA
  • E BOYCE
  • N MAURICE-BELAY
  • C MARTINS (45)
  • V ANITA
  • M JANKO (45)
  • C JEROME
  • G WIJNALDUM

Substitutions

• C CLARK (45)
  • J AUDEL
  • G ELOKOBI (45)
  • J KEMBO-EKOKO
  • J GUDMUNDSSON (45)
  • G CORRAL
  • A AL NAHAWI

Goalscorer(s)

J GUDMUNDSSON - Assisted By C JEROME

Key Moments

23' GOAL!! - A brilliant through-ball leaves Daniele PEDRELLI with just the keeper to beat and he confidently places it! Great finish!
57' GOAL!! - Kevin KURANYI pokes the ball past the defender on the line following a goalmouth scramble! Not one for the purists but they all count!
75' GOAL!! - An inch perfect cross from the wing is met by the towering Jóhann Berg GUDMUNDSSON, who nods home!

Carolan :

Im Absolutely Devasted With The Loss, What A Stupid Question. Did You Not Watch The Game? We Dominated In Every Sense, We Just Couldn't Finish For Toffee, We Held The Ball Well When He Had It, When We Didnt Have It We Went And Got It, The Stats Show How The Game Went. Take Nothing Away From Marco And Carlisle, They Are A Great Side With A Great Manager. They Took There Chances We Didnt, Thats Why They Got 3 Points And We Got None. Im Glad These Monday Night Fixtures Are Done Now For A While In The League, Nothing But A Headache. That Is All.

Wolves Thrash Blackpool To Go 2nd

Wolves win 3 out of 3 as Muntari steals the show

680.pngBlackpool-FC.gif

Wolves 4 - 1 Blackpool

Division 1 - Turn 3

Molineux - Attendance: 28,371

Muntari (14, 72)

Drogba (54)

Leon (63)

Adam (74)

Substitutions

Leon for Cassani (60)

Adam for Asamoah (60)

Tardelli for Varela (60)

fcinternazionalemilanov.jpg

Sulley Muntari 's 2 goals secured another great win for Wolves.

Stats:

Posession

52% - 48%

Total Shots

5 - 7

Shots on target

5 - 7

Corners

6 - 7

Yellow Cards

1 -1

Red Cards

0 - 0

Man of the Match: Sulley Muntari (Wolves)

Interview:

You've played the same side for every game this season, what have your team done to turn last years form around?

I think stability is key. Last year was my first year and I was putting my stamp on the squad, this meant there were alot of comings and goings as I found my squad. As you saw in the last 15 games or so of last season, the lads gelled and results started to come. Now over the summer I've added some key quality players that would fit in the formation so they wouldn't disturb the team too much. And hopefully this will bring us success.

Wolves sit in 2nd place with 9 points from 3 games.

Next game: Palermo in the Europa League.

'I want to finish my career in Wales...'

Ryan_Giggs_631994.jpg

Sensational reports are coming out that Welsh Wing Wizard Ryan Giggs wants to leave Goodison Park to finish his career in South Wales. He dropped a subtle hint in his latest tweet by saying:

I'm forever a blue.

We caught up with him in an exclusive interview & he opened up to us about his time at Everton & when the future holds.

Well, Ryan, are the rumours true that you want to leave Merseyside?

Unfortunately so. Following last season & newspaper allegations about my private life, I just want to go home & spend time with my close family before I call it a day.

Are there any other reasons for your sudden change of heart?

Well, that was the main one, but the manager even said last year that he neglected our side & we then slid down the table when it looked like we could win the league. By moving to Wales I would be playing for one of the more active managers in the setup. Not to mention I've always wanted to play in Wales before my career ends.

You are aware that both teams would be a step down from your current team?

Of course & that is part of the challenge I'd love to take part in. Being a proud Welshman there's nothing I'd love more than to play well in front of my countrymen week in week out where the support is as passionate as ever.

We're assuming you would like to go to either team in the Championship. Which one would you prefer to go to?

That's Cardiff of course! Everything is set up there for them to go up soon & I think I could help them & I'd love to play in the Prem with them before my playing time is up.

Shack & CCFC94 have had previous transfer dealings before in 7777. It was only last season that Shack's goodwill allowed Jermaine Beckford to go on loan to the bluebirds & with his help they were propelled into the top half & eventually ended up in the playoffs. Here's what Cardiff manager CCFC94 had to say about the matter.

6bd72__54219249_malky_mackay_grab.jpg

Of course, we'd love Giggsy here. Could we afford him & would Everton & us manage to strike a deal? Possibly, it's too early to say. When the time is right however, we will try our utmost to try & get him here at the Cardiff City Stadium.