English Championship 7777 - Match Reports,Transfer news etc.

O'Donnell

Re: English Championship 7777 - Match Reports,Transfer news etc.

9_CFC_header_june10_messageboard_version.jpg

Javi Lopez Flys In To Join Up With Team

javiLopez_1_879384493.jpg

Javi Pictured At East Midlands Aiport Yesterday Evening

Javier 'Javi' López Rodríguez was born 21 January 1986 in Osuna, Seville, He is a Spanish footballer who played for RCD Espanyol as a defender or midfielder before his recent switch to English football.

A product of Real Betis' youth ranks, López signed with RCD Espanyol in 2007. On 4 October 2009, he made his debut for the first team of the latter, in a game against Villarreal CF, taking the pitch with less than 10 minutes to go, as the ten-man side eventually held off the hosts to a 0–0 draw; the vast majority of his first season was spent, however, with the B team.

López was definitely promoted to the main squad for 2010–11, being used by manager Mauricio Pochettino in various midfield and defender positions.

He managed to make 28 first team appearances for RCD Espanyol in 2010/11 including 3 appearances in the copa del rey and this season he had his place cemented with already making 9 appearances for the spanish side.

On 06/11/11 Chesterfield manager Carolan flew out to spain to watch Lopez play 90 minutes in Espanyol's 0-0 draw against Villareal. After another impressive performance Carolan made an approach to the Espanyol chiefs and within hours a deal was agreed to bring Javi to England.

Javi joined up with his Chesterfield team mates this morning for a training session before being whisked away to the B2net stadium for a meet and great with fans. He is set to make his debut for the Spireites on Wednesday at home to Brighton And Hove Albion.

crewealexandraec7777.jpg

Crewe speak out about prospect.

After a couple of recent bids Crewe Alexandra have moved to make clear that 18 year old midfielder Adam Maher is going absolutely nowhere. Numerous clubs have declared an interest in the youngster and The Railwaymen have recently rejected a bid from an unnamed club.

Los-ocho-jugadores-del-Barca-q_54236660354_54115221155_600_244.jpg

Maher pictured during his AZ days.

Crewe manager A Gould had the following to say:

I'm fully aware of the interest in Maher but I'm also fully aware of this lads potential. He's set to become a key player for my team and I'd be crazy to let the lad leave the club. I don't think he's far from breaking through into the squad and it would take something bizarre for him to not be playing for Crewe come the end of the season. We're looking to build a great squad and that will consist of experienced veterans and young prospects of which I class Maher as one.

With the club taking this stance over Maher it's expected that nothing short of a ridiculous offer would prize the youngster away from Crewe. With such a bright future ahead of him he could become part of the furniture at the Alexandra Stadium for years to come.

Polish-Football-Association-logo.png

Carolan Named Coach Of Poland

Today News Reports Suggested That The Polish Football Association Were Close To Announcing There New Coach To Take Them InTo The World Cup: Italy 2012.

These News Reporters Were Correct As Of 00:10am On 9th November 2011 As Media Speculation And Rumours Became Concrete, Poland Would Be Guided Through The World Cup By None Other Than Current Chesterfield Boss, James Carolan.

Redknapp82.jpg

Carolan Taking Questions Following Announcement

Carolan :

What A Fantastic Oppourtunity, When I Recieved The Phonecall It Didnt Take Me Long To Decide, Infact I Flagged The Missus Over And Got Her To Book Me A Flight Whilst I Was Still On The Phone. Taking The Step Up To International Management Is Huge For Me, Im So Pleased To Be Recognised As Somebody With That Quality. I Shall Meet Up With The Squad Tomorrow And Look Forward To The World Cup.

2dm5avt.png

He's only in it for Lewa!

Villa manager says, new Poland manager Carolan, is only in it for his player

lewa.jpg

This evening, after Polish FA revealed their new manager James Carolan ahead of their preparations for next summers world cup, Aston Villa manager Froz3n was quick to contact Villa TV and expose the truth behind why the Chesterfield man was chosen at the helm of Poland.

Froz3n who is fast becoming the most controversial figure of 7777 said:

The guy is not in it to manage Poland. He's just bitter he doesn't get the chance to manage Robert Lewandowski anymore. I've had phonecalls from Lewa's agent about 4 times last 2 weeks, saying Carolan is interested in getting the player back on loan at B2net. Carolan in fact himself contacted me saying his club will suit him more. The truth is, he has matured as a player at this time there, and is ready to step it up in my opinion. Poland will fail miserably at the world cup, you heard it here first. Unless they replace Carolan that is. Thank you.

So, interesting debatable topic coming out from Villa Park tonight. Is Froz3n right? Are Poland in trouble? We shall wait and see...

Polish-Football-Association-logo.png

New Poland Boss Carolan Responds

The Polish Football Association Earlier This Morning Announced That It Would Be Chesterfield Boss James Carolan That Would Take Them In To Italy For The World Cup In 2012.

Less Than An Hour After Carolan's Appointment The First Of The Critics Arose From Behind Its Rock, In The Shape Of Aston Villa Manager Froz3n. The Aston Villa Manager Was Quoted As Saying :
The guy is not in it to manage Poland. He's just bitter he doesn't get the chance to manage Robert Lewandowski anymore. I've had phonecalls from Lewa's agent about 4 times last 2 weeks, saying Carolan is interested in getting the player back on loan at B2net. Carolan in fact himself contacted me saying his club will suit him more. The truth is, he has matured as a player at this time there, and is ready to step it up in my opinion. Poland will fail miserably at the world cup, you heard it here first. Unless they replace Carolan that is. Thank you.

These Outlandish Claims Have Not Sat Well With The Polish Football Association Or New Manager Carolan Who Was On His Way To Meet The Team When He Heard About This Scandalous Claim. The Polish Association Have Refused To Comment On The Matter As They Believe They Have The Right Man For The Job And Will Not Get Into A Media War With The England Boss. However Have Given Permission To Carolan To Respond If He Wishes In Whatever Way He Chooses.

Carolan :

Oh Dear, I Could See This Coming If Im Honest, It Was In The Back Of My Mind When I Signed The Deal To Take Charge. My Professional Relationship With Robert Is No Secret, Ive Been Honest And Clear To All That It Was A Pleasure Having Him At The B2Net Last Season. We Thought We Had An Agreement To Bring Him Back Both With Froz3n And Robert Himself, BUT The Chairman Stood In And Refused To Sanction The Deal. It Was A Shock To Me And "Lewa" (Robert), He Was Desperate To Come Back. But We Moved On As You Do When Something Like That Happens. I Think Froz3n Is Just A Little Bit Jealous That It Was Me That Brought The Best Out Of Robert. As For Poland, Im Here For The National Side, The Whole Squad. Not Just One Player, The Rest Of The Lads Will Be Treated In The Same Manner As Robert. You Will See That Via The Team Spirit In Italy I Assure You.

721c.png

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSCWVFPyZbY1k7Z-HPHFJIB22LEnjEB1ZPxCm87fLx89gT9GyRC_TIOYKZyug

Star Says We Can Not Sack Beckett!

Today Stoke City was in a big deal with the chose of sacking current manager Mattuie Beckett after two big losses with has already been seens, as must win games. The coach has not been seen at training this week with could be for more then one reason, there is links with the coach leaving to join another team, and there are the rummers he has been sacked. John Terry who was signed by Beckett in the summer deals has said, we need to stick by him. He has been here now for a few months, yes this is not a lot and he came from a lower league, but don't everyone deserve a chance. Press are naming Beckett the odds on manager to get the kick after fans have said he is the next A.Grant and we should get rid before we go down he is a risk to this club. Players like Maicon, Terry, Tevez and Amos are all backing the young English coach saying he will turn things around before too long.

Is Carolan About To Take The Exit?

Harry-Redknapp-001.jpg

Carolan Pictured During Wednesday Nights 4th Defeat Of Season

With Only 6 Games Gone In The Current Season Of Chesterfields Campaign In Division 4 Reports Are Being Leaked That Carolan Is Ready To Up And Leave.

Carolan And The Spireites Have Lost 4 Games Out Of 6 This Season, Pinching 2 Away Victories By The Narrowist Of Margains, With Chesterfield Being Tipped By Many To Gain Back To Back Promotions This Is Far From The Form That Is Expected.

The Spireites Travel To Southend On Saturday For Another Away Trip Against Tough Opposistion. Southend Were One Of The Sides Automatically Promoted Last Season Along With Gillingham, Chesterfield Via The Playoff's.

Chesterfield Fans Will Be Wondering Over The Next Couple Of Days Whether Manager Carolan Will Be There To Lead There Side Through The Game, The Speculation Arose After Wednesday Nights Defeat When The BBC Tried To Get An Interview With Carolan, To Recieve The Following Response :

Carolan

Oh P**s Off Will Ya, You Want A Reaction; Well You Got It.

A Source Close To Carolan Has Been Quoted As Saying :

Source

Carolan (James) Is Annoyed And Upset, As You Probably Gathered From Earlier, The Results Just Have Not Been Going His Way, Silly Decisions From Both Players And Referees Have Cost Chesterfield Big Time, The Pressure Is Huge.

When Asked If Carolan Would Be In Charge On Saturday The Source Replied :

Source

Your Guess Is As Good As Mine, He Is Upset And Angry But I Dont Think He Would Do Something That Rash; Would He?

We Are Still Awaiting To Hear From Carolan Himself, But The Chairman Of The Club Has Said A Statement Will Be Made Shortly.

So Will He? Wont He? Is He? Isn't He? We Hope To Find Out Shortly, Either Way Its Worrying Signs For The Spireites. More To Come As We Have It.

Morecambe 2 - 3 Hereford United

S.KLJESTAN 48

E.BENNETT 85

Half Time

(0 - 0) S.MORISON 59

P.EBERT 62, 79

crowd 3,402 (2,198 home / 1,204 away).

Possession

46% 54%

Total Shots

12 13

Shots On Target

2 11

Corners

5 4

Yellow Cards

0 2

Red Cards

0 0

Player Ratings

1 J JAASKELAINEN © 6

2 I OZBAY 6

3 J BOUM 7

4 S BALAFAS 7

5 M BATES 6

6 S KLJESTAN 1 1 8

7 Y SOUMAHORO 7

8 M VINIEGRA 1 7

9 S ATHANASIADIS (60) 7

10 J WALTERS 7

11 K JANSSENS (60) 6

Morecambe Substitutes

12 R TAYLOR -

13 N BYRNE -

14 F HALL -

15 E BENNETT (60) 1 7

16 T MEUNIER -

17 A PILKINGTON (60) 7

18 L LITA -

7 A LONERGAN 1

7 P VINICIUS 2

7 D FABIO 3

8 S PAPASTATHOPOULOS 4

8 1 L NIELSEN 5

7 1 T MKANDAWIRE 6

7 © H KHARJA 7

6 D BAIER 8

9 1 S MORISON 9

8 C WOOD 10

8 2 1 P EBERT 11

Hereford United Substitutes

- K JENSEN 12

- D EDGAR 13

- C SIVEBAEK 14

- P DE WIT 15

- E REIJNEN 16

- M SPARROW 17

- S VOKES 18

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

GATESHEAD TRANSFER NEWS

94_1318172924.jpg

Heskey-87-Swapped for Kannunikov(83)

Being the highest rated player in a division at 33 is a hard task but Heskey has managed it. This tank, often reffered to as the 'powerhouse' or 'donkey' was signed in a beastly swap deal for just an 83. However his dreams of crashing the top goal scorers list were demolished, when in his debut, he was put out of action for 5weeks. Moreover, unlike the Wrexham manager's claims, Heskey did NOT hit a kid in a wheelchair. We wish him luck in his injury recovery.

7217_1223037702.jpg

Joufree-84-2.8million

This guy is a gem! Played 11 out of 7th placed Lorient 13 games, and despite being a midfielder has scored 4 goals already. Hes predicted to rise to 86, if his form continues, and will defintly be a money spinner as his value has already gone up to 5.6million by just moving to Gateshead. Cedd Cook really hopes that this guy can bring pace to the midfield, as well as experince.

35353_1285710521.jpg

Itturraspe-83-2.8million

Another amazing player here. This guy is playing along side 90's and 91's regualry and has an amazing 8 appearences for Athletic club. His form has been outstanding and from what iv heard he's a riser for sure. Also playing in midfield we want this young lad to provide the passing knowledge, so well used at Atletic Club, onto Gateshead. Cedd Cook wishes him the best of times in division 5.

22673_1247762274.jpg

Pinto-83-2.9million

Pinto is left back bought in to fill the gap that Agalarov left. After playing 8 out of Nacional's games he is sure to rise. Moreover he is in a postition well needed and has the pace of 91, in fifa12....so yeh, hes fast. Cedd Cook wished him the best of luck in defence and has made him pledge to be the speedy Gonzalez at the back.

4880_1299112282.jpg

Aliadiere-83-2.4million

Aliadiere also arrived from Lorient for just 2.4million bucks. Bought mainly due to Heskey's injury this guy is also a well respected riser. After playing 7 of 7th place Loreints games, he is defintly on form. Cedd Cook had been eyeing him up for a while before he remembered he was a manager and could actually buy him!

Over Nice Players

8928_1279190202.jpg

Briguel-81-1.5million

50104_1306052474.jpg

Tokak-80-1.3million

And the rest-all riser's

Manuel-76-460k (Portugese riser-All appearences for Gil Valente)

Altama-75-350k (French riser-6 appearence's for Dijon FC)

Samperio-75-(swap) (Spanish riser-6 appearence's for Racing Santander)

Cunha-75-350k (Portugese riser- All appearences for Fiernce)

Forshaw-75-240k (English prospect- 1 appearence for Everton)

FOUNDERS CUP

GROUP 3

GAME 2

BURTON ALBION 1-5 CHESTERFIELD

Line Up

1. A ROSATI
  2. E BOYCE ©
  3. J CATALA
  4. K THEOPHILE-CATHERINE
  5. J LOPEZ
  6. N MAURICE-BELAY
  7. C MARTINS
  8. V ANITA
  9. C JEROME
  10. M JANKO
  11. G WIJNALDUM

MOM (Star Man)

C MARTINS

Goalscorer(s)

V.ANITA 2, 71

M.JANKO 33, 77

C.MARTINS 68

KEY MOMENTS

2' GOAL!! - An inch perfect cross from the wing is met by the towering Vurnon ANITA, who nods home!
33' GOAL!! - A corner is headed clear only as far as Marc JANKO who hits it on the half-volley into the roof of the net!
68' GOAL!! - A spectacular long range shot by Carlos MARTINS flies into the top corner!
71' GOAL!! - Seizing on an error in the defence Vurnon ANITA rounds the keeper to finish with ease!
77' GOAL!! - A brilliant long range shot is blocked by the keeper only for Marc JANKO to finish! What a poachers goal!

article-0-02660497000005DC-69_468x299.jpg

Janko Celebrates His 2nd On The 77th Minute

Carolan :

This Is Only The Second Time We Have Gone With This Formation, Both Times In The Founders Cup, We Have Won Both, Scored 8, Conceeded 2. Im So Pleased The 3 Games A Week Have Finished So We Can Implement It In The League.

huddersfield_h.jpg

160px-HuddersfieldTownCrest.png4561_logo_mcfc.gif

Match Preview

Huddersfield Town - Manchester city

Match odds

Huddersfield win 7/2

City win 4/9

Draw 9/4

Probably the toughest test so far , pretty sure everyone is surprised to see them in tenth place but they have the the manager and players to get back to the Premier League ! So far , my terriers have been disappointing , with only 2 wins and a draw out of 6 games , a win tonight would be a massive morale boost for my young lads .

Injuries and Suspensions

Weiss

Ilicic

Silva

Espinosa

Navas

qprbadge3.jpgQueens park Rangers Vs Shorpe Unitedscunthorpe_badge_small.jpg

Possible Line ups

R Cerny-Gk

J.Butt-Gk

K Katsouranis-Rb

M.gasper-Rb

A Hughes-Cb

P.Kroldrup-Cb

S Aronica-Lb

©-J.Capdevila-Lb

M Senna-Dm

J.Matip-Dm

J Guti-Cm

D.Pizarro-Cm

C.Seedorf-Cm-Star player-©

T.Hitzlsperger-Cm

D.Beckham-Rm

P.Rodrigeuz-Rm

I.Jelen-Lm

Star player-R.Cani-Lm

A.Del Piero

S.Silva-Fwd

M.Arnautovic

F.Miccoli-Fwd

Competition-Division 2

Date-Saturday 12 Nov 2011

Referee-Claus Bo Larsen

Stadium Name-Loftus Road

Capacity-19,128

Location-London

Managers

Sercan Bursa-(176)

Riece Monro(RieceM96 on forum) (77)

Games Managed-57

Manager Ranking-18 / 110

Games Managed-57

Manager Ranking-47 / 110

Last Meetings

Date Competition Home Team Score Away Team

29 Jun, 2011 League Queens Park Rangers 1 - 3 Shorpe United

17 Sep, 2011 League Shorpe United 2 - 1 Queens Park Rangers

Manager Comments

I belive tonight that my boys can win if we set our minds to it and attack from the very start,Focus will be the key point for today's game as we as a team switch off quite rarely in games and lose the points.3 points would be lovely for my team tonight and I'm hoping we dont do the same thing we done last season

Team Facts

Queens Park Rangers finished in 14th place in this division last season.

Queens Park Rangers have lost the last 2 meetings between these clubs.

Shorpe United finished in 19th place in this division last season.

Shorpe United have won the last 2 meetings between these clubs.

Spireites Slump Continues

SOUTHEND UTD 3-1 CHESTERFIELD

Chesterfield Line-Up

• A ROSATI
  • G ELOKOBI ©
  • J CATALA
  • C CLARK (45)
  • E BOYCE
  • N MAURICE-BELAY
  • C MARTINS
  • J LOPEZ
  • J AUDEL
  • C JEROME
  • G WIJNALDUM (45)

Substitutions

• M JANKO
  • V ANITA (45)
  • K THEOPHILE-CATHERINE (45)
  • J PARADES
  • J KEMBO-EKOKO
  • J GUDMUNDSSON
  • A ALMEIDA

Goalscorer(s)

C MARTINS - Assisted By V ANITA

Key Moments

71' GOAL!! - Lightning quick Carlos MARTINS bursts into the box and lashes home from 15-yards!

_45433018_redknapp512.jpg

Carolan Bemused?

Carolan :

Im Absolutely Devasted With The Loss, What A Stupid Question. Did You Not Watch The Game? We Dominated In Every Sense, We Just Couldn't Finish For Toffee, We Held The Ball Well When He Had It, When We Didnt Have It We Went And Got It, The Stats Show How The Game Went. Take Nothing Away From Colin And Southend, They Are A Great Side With A Great Manager. They Took There Chances We Didnt, Thats Why They Got 3 Points And We Got None. Founders Cup Form Is Not Going To Keep Us In This League, We Need To Book Our Ideas Up And Start Performing In The League. That Is All.

2dm5avt.png

Villa earn their Spurs!

Villa edge Spurs in a tight game

latimercelebration.jpg

Aston Villa came out winners in an entertaining game as they hosted Tottenham Hotspur at Villa Park tonight.

Thomas Muller opened the scoring for the hosts after just 34 seconds

VmJBy9IGLXM

Pedro then levelled it for Tottenham 15 minutes later

LCv0j4DxryM

Soldado then once again put Villa in front after 32 minutes of play

2Gs2MsQOKxg

Half time score was 2-1 to Aston Villa

Marchisio made it 3-1 14 minutes into the second half

Qp3u4-fgi24

Angel Di Maria restored hope for Spurs with 8 minutes to go

R0bXtpha6U0

Spurs looked for a late equaliser, but Villa held on firm to claim all 3 points.

Froz3n gave us a word after the game:

The lads done really well I think. We were up against a brilliant team in Spurs. I think Jack has done an amazing job building his team the way they are, and they gave us a run for our money tonight. I hope the fans are delighted that we are finally fulfilling our expectations. The team has now really started to understand one another, and it shows in our play. Once again I want to congratulate Jack on also displaying some fine football tonight and I'm sure they'll finish high in the league this year.

soccer-manager-logo-c.giffa_logo.jpg

SMFA release updated managers list!

Barclays Premier League:

Arsenal - EdMoses

Aston Villa - Froz3n

Birmingham City -

Blackpool - MaoaM

Bolton Wanderers - prashant raul

Chelsea - Kingsy

Everton - shack

Fulham - Mike H

Leeds United - TheDuffman

Liverpool - Google

Manchester United - RickJames

Millwall - imran10

Preston North End - BenNewman

Stoke City - Mr - Hammer

Sunderland - hog101

Tottenham Hotspur - JackTHFC

West Bromwich Albion - said7fabregas

West Ham United -

Wigan Athletic - Foster_LFC

Wolverhampton Wanderers - Ryans Tornado

Npower Championship:

AFC Bournemouth - Mikey

Barnsley - draga9

Bristol City - MoodyMark

Blackburn Rovers - MUTD

Burnley - P Money

Cardiff City - CCFC94

Colchester United - KangarooJack09

Crystal Palace - Machine

Derby County - Predator

Huddersfield Town - TheMar AFc

Hull City - Viktor Stojanovski

Ipswich Town - Mahya

Leicester City - Jonaldinho

Manchester City - Benjamin Warrilow

Middlesbrough - Ashh

Newcastle United - ShaunJuventus

Norwich City - jr231990

Nottingham Forest - Nico Fotopoulos

Portsmouth - Kevin Nobbs

Queens Park Rangers - sercan bursa

Reading - ruggermad

Shorpe United - RieceM96

Sheffield United - sirmarkhughes

Swansea City - Andri Sigborsson

Npower League 1:

Bradford City - posh76

Brighton & Hove Albion - will ip

Bristol Rovers - Dan James.

Carlisle United - Luckypule

Charlton Athletic - Rory

Chesterfield - Yidguru

Coventry City - tecalee

Dagenham & Redbridge - patient_67

Doncaster Rovers - Dale147

Hartlepool United - Dom Latouche

Gillingham - slbquista

Leyton Orient - Gozzy

Milton Keynes Dons - StephenMUFC

Notts County - eziekel

Peterborough United - husnain

Plymouth Argyle - crawfski

Sheffield Wednesday - glady estupinan

Southend United -

Southampton - RedBullArsenal

Swindon Town - Adam94

Tranmere Rovers - Grooverider

Walsall - flatron

Watford - Marius P3X-775

Yeovil Town - susan earle

Npower League 2:

Accrington Stanley - Lenny59

Aldershot Town - jamesb08

Bath City - mistermalcolm

Brentford -

Burton Albion - shareflair

Bury - GaryMack

Cheltenham Town - ethan williams

Crewe Alexandra - Sky_Blue_Gould

Exeter City - Josep Guardiola

Hereford United - smut

Lincoln City - pclark

Macclesfield Town - Norbert Muller

Morecambe - Alex Zero (Forever remembered, O'Donnell)

Northampton Town - MFF (Forever remembered, Elton)

Oldham Athletic - John Friel

Oxford United - watsonback

Port Vale - Linas Linas

Rochdale - Louis De Pointe Du Lac

Rotherham United - Guardado18

Shrewsbury Town - footy22

Stevenage -

Stockport County - Ryan987

Torquay United - WILL IP

Wrexham - barnabyd

Blue Square Premier League:

AFC Wimbledon - Jozua

Altrincham - pg7772a

Barrow AFC - Jooles

Barnet - Bobby Moore

Cambridge United - The Good Dr. Shame

Crawley Town - jdowling

Darlington - Grand Master

Eastbourne Borough - Fez17_1888

Fleetwood Town - fred sturgis

Forest Green Rovers - JMH_Daggers

Gateshead - Cedd

Grimsby Town - Napolifan101

Hayes & Yeading United - Christian 10

Histon - Fernandez Suso

Kettering Town -

Kidderminster Harriers - Sebastian Muñoz

Luton Town - Mark Hughes

Mansfield Town - Ghora

Newport County - Craciun Alin

Rushden & Diamonds -

Southport - DarloFC

Tamworth - dantheman90

Wycombe Wanderers - Ahmad Rivai

York City – DAVID JONES

= Active Forumer

= Non Active Forumer

= Non Forumer

Back on Track

CardiffCCFC94-2.jpg

Following a tough to take equaliser from Chris Smalling at Eastlands on Wednesday night, The Bluebirds managed to beat top seeds Ipswich 1-0 in Thursday's Founders Cup game. City were playing arguably their strongest team against Hull with Kevin McNaughton deputizing for Italian Daniele Bonera. Jamie O'Hara also stepped in for the unfit Honorato Ederson.

It's been a case of conceding late for Cardiff lately so their aim today was not to concede in the dying minutes. They started on the front foot. Jakub Blaszczykowski almost scored inside a minute but was unable to finish after a mazey run. Roger Johnson was unlucky not to score but his chip was cleared off the line inside the first 10 minutes. Striker Darren Bent should have scored but he blazed wide when given an opportunity to score an open goal.

Darren-Bent-Hands-to-Head.jpg

Bent, wondering how he didn't score.

Completely against the run of play, a Yoan Gouffran pass unlocked the Cardiff defence and set Paolo Guerrero through to be 1-on-1 with Tim Wiese. The striker finished with consummate ease off the post to give the visitors the lead. 3 minutes later, with the crowd slowly beginning to think it was another one of them days, Cardiff won a corner. The ball was whipped in by Thiago Motta & after a massive scramble in the box, John O'Shea popped up to stab the ball home & give the home team a well deserved equaliser. The Bluebirds were in the ascendancy and shortly after, Craig Bellamy smashed the crossbar from 25 yards out. The City smelt blood & went in for the kill on 41 minutes. Another Blaszczykowski run saw him at the edge of the box and this time he thumped home to give his team the lead.

blaszczykowski_jakub_487_381.jpg

The second half carried on much like the first half, unfortunately for the Tigers. Jaroslav Drobny was being kept busy by the attacking 3 of Bent, Bellamy & Blaszcsykowski and Hull were going long periods of time without the ball. Blaszczykowski almost got his second of the game, but the assistant's flag thwarted him. Hull nearly drew level on 75 minutes though. Manuel Fernandes picked up the ball 30 yards out & he attempted to chip Wiese. But it wasn't to be as it clipped the crossbar & went over. Their lack of ruthlessness was to be inevitably punished 10 minutes later. Thiago Motta smashed a first time shot from 30 yards which left Drobny stranded. 4 minutes after that, a Darren Bent through ball saw Blaszczykowski race through & he finished with aplomb to seal the win in style.

126785hp2.jpg

Motta, following his first goal of the season.

Finally, something clicked today. We kept the ball magnificently for long periods & we really frustrated them. Hopefully we can keep it going for tomorrow's Founders Cup game against Bolton, which won't be easy.

- Darren Hancock, Cardiff manager.

Bye Bye Bosingwa

48669.jpg

Jose Bosingwa on the way out

Jose Bosingwa has cut short his time at Southampton in a sensational deal with rivals Hartlepool United. Bosingwa, 29, had been hit and miss in nPower League 1 this season. After making 24 appearances for Southampton he found life tough, far from the joys of Chelsea and Real Madrid. He was 93, and now 91, thought to be a player with experience to guide the backline, but with Southampton still struggling the manager put Jose up.

The Manager - The Two in Question

Bosingwa

Bosingwa... Well came here on the deal (IMO) of the season last year. 4m and a 84 rated player. Big things were expected, Martin (Kelly) and Fab (Coloccini) have shone, whilst Bosingwa didn't quite cut it. Stephen (Darby) has been pushing him for a place this season which showed problems were lingering. This Deal is great, we get a huge financial gain, and a highly talented player in Marc Wilson. As with all the players who have been with me in my reign, I wish Jose the best.

Wilson

Marc has been on the up since his SM debut, a quality player full of skills and determination. He has the mentality to be a saint great. Republic of Ireland internationally are also on the up, and will no doubt take part in Euro 2012 now, this will give Marc a huge confidence boost, and hopefully share this with the whole squad. He has an ability to inject the desired amount of skill needed to get the job done. Like Martin (Kelly) and Jordi (Alba) he is one for the future. With Fab (Coloccini) leading Jordi, Martin and Marc it should be a strong defence.

2dm5avt.png

I'm a footballer, and I'm out of here!

Controversy is back at Villa as Madine escapes AWOL

Madine.jpg

Aston Villa's reserve footballer Gary Madine has escaped Aston Villa and joined a reality show I'm a celebrity get me out of here! The show producers knew Gary was to join, but were told by Gary himself to keep it secret even from the team. This didn't go down too well with the management at Villa, and they are trying to contact him to come home as soon as possible. As for the show himself, Gary jumped out with a parachute last night, and said it was one of the most exciting days of his life. The show is broadcasted every day at 9pm on ITV1. Tune in to see how Gary does there, whilst he's there anyway.

Spireites Scrape Past Hayes

CHESTERFIELD 2-1 HAYES AND YEADING

Chesterfield Line-Up

• A ROSATI
  • G ELOKOBI © (45)
  • J PARADES
  • G CORRAL
  • J LOPEZ (45)
  • A ALMEIDA
  • J KEMBO-EKOKO
  • C CLARK
  • M JANKO (45)
  • J AUDEL
  • J GUDMUNDSSON

Substitutions

• C JEROME (45)
  • J CATALA
  • G WIJNALDUM
  • V ANITA (45)
  • E BOYCE (45)
  • N MAURICE-BELAY
  • C MARTINS

Goalscorer(s)

J KEMBO-EKOKO - Assisted By J PAREDES

C CLARK - Assisted By J GUDMUNDSSON

Key Moments

62' GOAL!! - Ciaran CLARK thunders in an overhead kick! Fantastic athleticism!
86' GOAL!! - Jirès KEMBO-EKOKO caresses in a curling shot! What technique!

57117966sow-jpg.jpg

Kembo-Ekoko MOM

Carolan :

Another Game Where We Created A Hatfull Of Chances But Lacked The Finishing Touch, Going Into The Break 1-0 Down I Had To Change Things Round, Something Just Wasn't Working, Fresh Legs Paid Dividends. 2 Magnificent Strikes From Clarky And Kembo, We Rode Our Luck But We Deserved The Victory And Look Forward To Facing Gillingham In The Next Round. Absolutley Triffic.

CAROLAN FACING COURT DATE

Chesterfield Boss On Trial Over Tax Evasion Charges

harryredknapp415.jpg

Chesterfield boss to stand trial over charges of cheating the public revenue

Chesterfield manager James Carolan will face trial for tax evasion next year, it can be reported for the first time.

It gets worse for the Chesterfield boss, who is tipped as the leading candidate to be the first football league manager sacked, he is also being accused of two counts of cheating the public revenue between specific dates in 2002 and 2007 when he was at the helm of Portsmouth.

He is accused alongside former Portsmouth chairman Milan Mandaric.

The first charge alleges that between April 1, 2002, and November 28, 2007, Mandaric paid 145,000 US dollars into a bank account held by Carolan in Monaco, to avoid paying income tax and national insurance.

The second charge for the same offence relates to a sum of 150,000 US dollars allegedly paid by Mandaric to the same account between May 1, 2004, and November 28, 2007.

Both men deny the charges and a two-week trial is due to begin at London's Southwark Crown Court on January 23.

Judge Anthony Leonard QC ruled on Thursday afternoon that a ban on reporting details of the proceedings could be lifted at 22.00pm on Tuesday.

Carolan, 25, underwent minor heart surgery earlier this month to unblock his arteries, and has missed a number of Chesterfield games while he recovers.

He was hoping to return to the touchline within two weeks, but said recently he had been advised by doctors to stay away for four or five.

Although Carolan was not at liberty to comment on the court case he was keen to talk about his anticipated return to the sidelines :

Carolan:

In an ideal world I would like to be back for the game against Sheffield Wednesday on Saturday but it would be unfair of me to say whether I will or won't at this stage. I'll have to speak to the specialist this week, get his thoughts on it and take it from there. Obviously it's extremely frustrating staying away and being stuck at home and, as much as I'm anxious to come back, it wouldn't be fair to disrespect the specialist who is advising me. I'm fairly confident I will return earlier than they anticipated.

FOUNDERS CUP

GROUP 3

GAME 4

COLCHESTER UNITED 0-6 CHESTERFIELD

Line Up

1. A ROSATI
  2. E BOYCE ©
  3. J CATALA
  4. K THEOPHILE-CATHERINE
  5. G ELOKOBI
  6. G WIJNALDUM
  7. C MARTINS
  8. C CLARK
  9. M JANKO
  10. V ANITA
  11. N MAURICE-BELAY

MOM (Star Man)

M JANKO (4 Goals)

Goalscorer(s)

M.JANKO 10, 64, 77, 78

N.MAURICE-BELAY 26

V.ANITA 53

KEY MOMENTS

10' GOAL!! - Marc JANKO finishes at the second attempt with a toe-poke!
26' GOAL!! - A brilliant long range shot is blocked by the keeper only for Nicolas MAURICE-BELAY to finish! What a poachers goal!
53' GOAL!! - The ball comes crashing back off the bar and falls to Vurnon ANITA who taps in the easiest of chances!
64' GOAL!! - Marc JANKO rises majestically and heads the in-swinging corner into the net!
77' GOAL!! - Marc JANKO beats the offside trap and slides it under the advancing keeper!
78' GOAL!! - A corner is headed clear only as far as Marc JANKO who hits it on the half-volley into the roof of the net!

article-0-02660497000005DC-69_468x299.jpg

Janko Celebrates His Hatrick Goal On 77th Minute

Carolan :

Played 4, Scored 18, Conceeded Only 2, We Sure Love This Cup Dont We, Just Wish The Boys Could Show This Form In The League, We Need To Take This Into Saturday And Get Some W's In Our Form Book, Last Thing We Want Is To Win The Founders Cup And Get Relegated.

The Cobblers Get Their Man

Rikard_Norling_1.ashx?mw=518

(Johansson Being Introduced To The Media This Morning)

After the shock resignation resignation Elton straight after the 2-0 defeat to Shrewsbury Town, Northampton were quick in to appointing a successor. Daniel Johansson was confirmed as the new manager in a matter a minutes, but he was officially unveiled this morning after he had some 'unfinished business' at that time, being Malmö FF's director. Johansson's last spell in England was a brief one with Barnsley, he later resigning citing homesickness, but Johannson insists he's ready for English football. He signed a five year contract and he stated in those five years, he would like to take Northampton to the Premier League.

Well' date=' I'm am ambitious guy, some say to ambitious. *laughs* But during these five years, I would like to take Northampton to the Premier League. Elton has formed a solid structure, we have a fantastic bunch of players, really good youth players and good finances. So why not? I think we can achieve that target. In my opinion, it's quite realistic and I've spoken to the chairman and the players about it, they seem optimistic about it. [/quote']

When asked whether the rumors were true about Elton reccomending the chairman to approach Johannson into being their new manager, he confirmed it was true.

Yes absolutely' date=' that is true. I've known him for quite a while and he asked me to scout Rick Ten Voorde. After my reccomendation, he signed him and ever since we've been in contact with each other regarding potential transfers to Northampton. So I was kind of like the director of Northampton as well. He thinks I can take the club to the next level, so that's why he reccomended me.

Johansson said he will set to form a new coaching team in the next couple of days. He's already appointed a new assistant manager in Josep 'Pep' Clotet Ruiz. The former Malmö FF assistant manager and the Halmstad manager, also signed a five year contract. He was about to be appointed Viking FK's new manager, but later pulled out to join with Johansson. Pep contributed a lot when Malmö won the Allsvenskan title in 2010 due to his coaching of the 'Spanish' game. Johansson hopes Pep will influence The Cobblers to Los Cobblers.

sy69c357_3x2.jpg

(Pep Pictured During His Halmstad Days)

In other news, Northampton lost 2-1 in a friendly match against Chelsea, the reserve team manager was in charge of that game.

A special Day for the Terriers' manager

Today , 19th of Novemeber is a special day for everyone who is somehow related to Huddersfield . It's their managers birthday! Today , our cameras went to Galpharm Stadium to capture the moment ! It seems like in the Morning , a surprise party was thrown by the players for the manager , with obviously , no Alcohol as they have a very important match tonight !

Eddie-Howe_2629673.jpg

This is what the Terriers' manager had to say :

It's a great surprise by the lads . But we need rest for tonight , therefore I'm gonna send them home to relax before our very important match tonight . Luckily enough we are home , I know the lads are going to give their best tonight , there is no better present than a win tonight . And , in case of a win , it would be nice if we could celebrate with the fans ! It's not gonna be easy , we're set to face a really strong Barnsley side which have been in the division for quite some time !

Other news regarding Huddersfield :

b9335011e9494fd430a980b33059d747.jpg

Two years ago when he signed for Huddersfield !

Kaj RAMSTEIJN has received a +3 today , therefore he has now been Transfer Listed , the player said that although he enjoys his life in England he wants to return home as he's missing his family . He hasn't played much for Huddersfield in his two years in England, He gathered 4 appearences for Huddersfield , 1 for Aldershot in division 4 on loan and two appearances for Carlisle United in division 3 on loan !

chesterfieldbannerlatim.jpg

Spireites Out Of Danger Zone

Sheffield Wednesday 0 - 1 Chesterfield

Chesterfield Lineup

• A ROSATI
  • E BOYCE ©
  • J CATALA
  • K THEOPHILE-CATHERINE
  • G ELOKOBI
  • G WIJNALDUM
  • C MARTINS
  • C CLARK
  • M JANKO
  • V ANITA
  • N MAURICE-BELAY

Key Moment

87' GOAL!! - The ball is played square to Vurnon ANITA on the edge of the box who rasps home a screamer!

stock-photo-washington-dc-may-vurnon-anita-celebrates-after-scoring-a-goal-during-the-international-77754307.jpg

Anita Looks To Sky After Goal

Carolan

Possession Was Key Here And We Bossed It, 60% In Our Favour, The Lads Knocked The Ball Round Really Well, At Half Time I Said To Them; Just Keep Doing What Your Doing It Will Come, It Was Late; But It Came. About Time We Got Some Points On The Board We Have Been Desperatly Unlucky So Far, Lets Hope This Is The Turn Around.

Norwich-evening-News-24.jpg

NCFC%20BADGE.gif

Robinson Returns To Carrow Road

Paul_Lambert_280x39_915363a.jpg

It's almost been a week since his return, but Norwich City manager Joe Robinson has given his first press conference to the media. It was confirmed on Wednesday afternoon that the former manager was returning to the club after Jayden Overhoes left the club.

Robinson's previous stint at the Canaries saw him managed just 15 games. During the time he was away the club were fighting for survival and eventually finished 16th in the table. Their lowly position in the table this season was thought to be enough for the board and Robinson was brought straight back in.

I'm delighted to have come back to this brilliant club. Having watched this side struggle last season, I can assure fans they will not have to go through the same ordeal this season. However the next month or so will be crucial in building a squad capable of pushing for the play offs.

Since his return, Robinson has been quick in bringing new faces in. However 3 of his signings were more than familiar. Grant Holt, Wes Hoolahan and Marc Tierney all returned to Norwich and the fans were delighted to see them return. There were also 3 new arrivals with the Canaries signing the very talented French play maker, Marvin Martin, a transfer which is seen by many as a major coup for the club. As well as Martin, Norwich have also signed Mendes Elias and Chris Brunt.

I was delighted to bring back Grant and Wes as these players are Norwich through and through. For me they are very under rated and will be massive for this club. I'm still a firm believer that Wes should be a regular for his country. Signing Marvin Martin shows that this club is serious in building a side capable to gracing the Premiership. The lad is top quality and will tear the Division apart, and the fact he chose us over Manchester City is also very pleasing.

187271_Marvin-Martin.jpg

Big Name Signing: Marvin Martin