English Championship 7777 - Match Reports,Transfer news etc.

O'Donnell

Re: English Championship 7777 - Match Reports,Transfer news etc.

chesterfieldbannerlatim.jpg

Chesterfield See Off Reading To Progress

Chesterfield 1 - 0 Reading

Chesterfield Lineup

A ROSATI

E BOYCE © (45)

J PAREDES

G CORRAL

G ELOKOBI (45)

A ALMEIDA

J KEMBO-EKOKO

V ANITA (45)

C JEROME

J LÓPEZ

J AUDEL

Chesterfield Substitutions

N MAURICE-BELAY

D GRAY (45)

C MARTINS (45)

J CATALA (45)

M JANKO

J GUDMUNDSSON

G WIJNALDUM

cameron-jerome-219522719.jpg

MOM Cameron Jerome Celebrates Winner

In A Night Which Saw Chesterfield A Centre Half Short At The Last Minute; But For A Bit Of Last Minute Shuffling The Squad Was Annouced And The Spireites Still Came Out On Top To Progress To The Next Round.

At 7:48pm Carolan Recieved A Phone Call From Froz3n Saying That On Loan Villa Defender Ciaran Clark Was Unavailable For Tonights Match As He Was To Be Involved In There Game In The Same Evening, Luckily Carolan Was Free To Take The Call At The Last Minute And Had George Corral On Hand To Step In. With All The Controversy Off The Pitch Still Ongoing The Match Kicked Off And The Players Done There Job.

The Game Was Very End To End But Reading Failed To Create Anything Dangerous Enough To Trouble, The Spireites Were Knocking On The Door All Game And In The 61st Minute The Pressure Paid Off Cameron Jerome Got The Better Of Ricardo Quaresma And :
60' BOOKED - After consulting with his linesman the ref cautions Ricardo QUARESMA for shirt pulling

And Gives The Home Side A Penalty Which :
61' GOAL!! - Cameron JEROME strikes the ball in from the penalty spot

Chesterfield Proceeded To See The Game Out By Keeping Hold Of The Ball With Some Slick Passing Movements And That Was All She Wrote. They Were Rewarded In The 2nd Round With A Home Tie Against Jose Mourinho's Basement Boys, Bottom Of Division 5 Southport. The Tie Is To Be Played At The B2net Stadium On The Evening Of Monday 5th December. Ticket Information Can Be Found On The Club Website And In Store.

Saturday , 19th of November !

Division 1

Team of the week !

Gk : Samir Handanovic ( Blackpool )

Rb : Dani Alves ( Spurs )

Cb : Philippe Mexes ( Blackpool ) -- Second week in a row

Cb : Joris Mathiesen ( Milwall )

Lb : Marcel Schmelzer ( Wolves )

Lm : Steven Defour ( Birmingham )

Cm: Raul Meireles ( Blackpool )

Cm: Bruno Soriano ( Sunderland )

Rm : Juan Vargas ( Milwall )

Fwd : Giuseppe Rossi ( Chelsea )

Fwd : Alexandro Pato ( Spurs )

Player of the Week

Raul Meireles ( Blackpool )

Football_-_Premier__340742t.jpg

Manager of the Week

Imran Amjam

Division 3

Team of the week !

Gk : Moraes Artur ( Gillingham )

Rb : Patrick Owomoyela ( Watford )

Cb : Ludovic Sane ( Walsall )

Cb : Sam Hird ( Doncaster )

Lb : Cristiano Biraghi ( Watford )

Wing : Mamadou Niang ( Mk Dons )

Cm: Anthony Annan ( Walsall )

Cm: Musa Cagiran ( Watford )

Wing : Alexandr Hleb ( Doncaster )

Fwd : Pablo Piatti ( Gillingham)

Fwd : Kevin Kuranyi ( Carlisle )

Player of the Week

Musa Cagiran ( Watford )

musa_cagiran_45678765432.jpg

Manager of the Week

Finn Turnbull ( For a second time this season )

Division 5

Team of the week !

Gk : Diederik Bangma ( Hayes )

Rb : Nicolas Timmerman ( FGR )

Cb : Joel Lynch ( Luton )

Cb : Kemal Tokak ( Gateshead )

Lb: Same El- Abd ( Hayes )

Wing : Brek Shea ( FGR )

Cm: Luciano Narsingh ( FGR )

Cm: Bartosz Salamon ( Wycombe )

Wing : Yohan Onozco ( Wycombe )

Fwd : Danny Welbeck ( FGR )

Fwd : Peter Crouch ( Kettering )

Player of the Week

Dany Welbeck ( FGR )

Danny-Welbeck-007.jpg

Manager of the Week

Cedd Cook

Back To Winning Ways

CardiffCCFC942.jpg

Wearing the new away kit for the first time this season, Cardiff were starting to gain a bit of momentum after some of the fringe players got a run out on Monday & came away with a 4-1 win against Crawley Town. Only one player kept his place from that win, & that player was Tony Hibbert. He's been in fine form for the City so far this season, playing 7 times and getting a MOM award once.

For the travelling Cardiff fans they must have thought it was going to be one of them days as from the off, Palace started brightly. Ex-Chesterfield controversial midfielder Jonathan Dos Santos was the brightest spark in the opening minutes. He thought he was in on goal but for the lino's flag & couldn't stretch enough to meet Erik Lamela's inviting cross. However, the inevitable occurred on 10 minutes. A wayward Rasmus Jonsson cross was looking to evade everyone until the Brazilian Dentinho acrobatically smashed in a bicycle kick to give Palace the lead. The home team & fans smelt blood & they got a deserved second 13 minutes later. An inch-perfect cross by Lamela was met by Dentinho again to double the advantage.

dentinho1.jpg

Dentinho following his spectacular opener.

That proved to be the catalyst for the waking up that the away team. Darren Bent should have scored, but following a great first touch, he fired wide. It was down to Mr Cardiff City to begin the fightback. Craig Bellamy received the ball from Mikel Arteta, drove past a defender or two & smashed the ball in to give his side a glimmer of hope. The little Spaniard Arteta was starting to play in between the lines now & really grabbing the game by the scruff of the neck. It was from his long ball forward that the Bluebirds found their equaliser. After a mad scramble in the box the ball fell to Bellamy again & he made no mistake smashing the ball in from the edge of the box to get the equaliser. There was still time for Cardiff to almost nick the lead. A Darren bent screamer was destined for the top corner, but unluckily for him it cannoned back off the crossbar.

Craig+Bellamy+Leeds+United+v+Cardiff+City+sdVI91G6x7Pl.jpg

Bellamy, celebrating his equaliser.

The second half failed to live up to the first in terms of chances, but the passion, commitment & edge of the seat drama was still there. Dos Santos was still spraying the ball about for Palace and Ederson should have given Cardiff the lead on 75 minutes. Thankfully for him though, the guilt of missing that chance wasn't to last as Cardiff City's no. 9 came to rescue. It was that man Ederson who put in a sumptuous cross & Darren Bent was there at the far post to send the travelling 2,000 fans into ecstasy. The Bluebirds held out for that much needed win, to the delight of the manager. & fans alike.

_45031955_bent416.jpg

Bent's winner, 8 minutes from time.

We needed that monkey off our back. It's just good to have a fully fit squad again in all honesty! We all know the quality of Daz (Bent) & Bellers (Bellamy) & I genuinely believe that if they stay fit, we can go up. We can't start like that again though, but in saying that, the character they shown after the first half hour was superb & I couldn't be prouder of the lads.

- Darren Hancock, Cardiff Manager.

Frozeeeenshowww.jpg

Welcome to the first ever 'The Week in 7777 or a Sunday Night Show with Froz3n' hosted by me Froz3n :eek:

I should probably introduce the show to you, and explain what the hype is all about (or lack of it)

As the title probably gives it away, I will be discussing the goings on in the week of 7777, interview managers, discuss the eyecatching games of the week and all else.

So without further ado let's see what the world of 7777 been up to this week...

- After months of Trying to sell Willian, Tottenham finally get their wish by selling him for £15m to Blackpool

- Carling Cup Round 1 took place on Monday, springing up a few shocks, and leaving a few managers bemused...

Well Done Sm .. Well Done look at them stats :rolleyes:
CITY GET KNOCKED OUT OF THE CUP AGAINST MACCLESFIELD !

Man city drew 0-0 and lost on penaltys !

Is it time for me Leave Man City? I want too :rolleyes:' date=' But there wouldnt be anybody else availble take in this GW (Low league no transfers done) - Wouldnt wanna leave either as leaving this set up would be horrible.[/quote']

Typical.

:confused:

fulham out of the cup 3-2 to Oldham.

oldham have 10 shots.... Fulham have 43. yes 43.

Most of Oldham's team get a 6. The lowest rated Fulham player gets an 8. Oldham's highest rated gets a 7.

How does that work? You get beat' date=' no WAY should your players be getting 10's? Especially not strikers when you have 43 shots and only score twice.

[/quote']

Do Chelsea ever change their tactics? :rolleyes:
Oh darn out of the cup :rolleyes:

Forest Green 2 - 0 Crewe Alexandra

Not a clue how I got knocked out tonight. Beaten 2-0 by Forest Green so congrats to their manager but the stats shows the score should have been the other way around.

A tad annoying but at least going out of the Shield opens up a little breathing space in the schedule. Plus I still have the Cup to go for.

I think i'm going to scratch this season off as one of those 'SM has it in for me campaigns'

- Southampton have been reported to have a £10m in their bank balance!! (We say' date=' spend it already!)

[img']http://s8.postimage.org/qc9mulwcl/hamptonnnbank.jpg[/img]

Anonymous person in the Bank of Southampton Football Club

- Ryans Tornado came up with a betting in 7777 idea, which was mainly greeted positively althought It did have it's critics! (We say, just do it regardless and unanounced Ryan Lad!)

- Oxford manager cup ties zezinho in both cups and then sends him back, much to the displeasure of Leeds manager TheDuffman once again! (We say, sort it out Oxford manager whoever you are!)

- Dutch and Portuguese Changes brought joy to the 7777

dep_3237531-Very-happy-young-man-winning..jpg

Bristol Rovers manager Jonaldinho after finding out Eriksen rose by 1

- Cedd is counting down days for Heskey's return from injury

Man_Counting_Days_In_Prison_Royalty_Free_Clipart_Picture_090731-213650-110048.jpg

Cedd at his house, anticipating Heskey's return

- Kingsy made a brief return to the forum, to announce that Sturridge is available, in the end Wrexham signed him up.

- Ghora,Adam 94 and DarloFC join 7777! (Welcome guys!)

But surely the hot topic this week is Man City's failure to achieve and it's continuous frustration on their manager Benjamin Warrilow. We've already quoted him earlier on, but here's some more quotes from Ben this week...

CITY FAIL AGAIN' date=' TONIGHT AGAINST MORECAMBE ![/size']

I thought I had found a good formation for my side, a 6-0 win against Reading last night, played a bit of a stronger team tonight as Jesus Navas, David Silva and Benzema could all play, didnt work, arrrggghhh :mad:

The stats say I was a lot better !

MORE INJURYS AS CITY DROP POINTS !:mad:BORO 0-0 MAN CITY !

If anybody I deserved it' date=' Hate this City team sometimes, My best few players are injured (David Silva and Benzema, Jesus Navas is injured, Now tonight Ive got two 91's on the Injury list, Westermann and Valencia, The list just keeps on getting Longer.

I stay 4th but I'm sure I will drop places now with all these players unavailble. :([/quote']

Clearly the results aren't going their way bar their amazing 6-0 win against Reading this week. A very much see-saw side. So what is the reason behind their poor form?

We've got Chesterfield's Yidguru here and we'll try and get his opinion plus catch up with the life of his own at B2net!

So, welcome Yiid! How are you?

Im very well thank you, Just firstly before we start i would like to say R.I.P to the legend that is Gary Speed MBE, such sad news, thoughts are with his family.

Sad news indeed that!

So James, last time we've talked you was in division 4, and I was the first one to say you're the next big thing, and here you are proving me right! Do you think a successful promotion is a realistic possibility or is that wishful thinking from your fans?

Well, i'll be the first to admit that i wasnt keen on the pressure mounted upon my head when i took over at Chesterfield but have to admit it was quite nice to be noticed, last season was a struggle for sure but we got what we deserved. This seasons aims for myself are realistic, I want a top half finish, were currently 13th in the table and only 4 points off the playoff's. Who Knows.....But we shall be fighting till the last game.

What's your take on the current situation of Manchester City? Are their poor results due to poor management? Overpaid players? Surely a team like Man City should be winning the Premierleague, not fighting for promotion in the championship.

I dont want to say too much on the situation as i dont think its my place, I respect Benjamin alot as a manager, i dont know whether its him or his players that are not getting it right at the minute, but im sure he will turn it around. I'd be more concerned if i managed Arsenal at the minute, what is all that about hey?

Arsenal are a right mess at the moment. Wish their manager was on the forum so we could get intake on the situation. But anyway, what's been the highlight of the life in 7777 for you so far? Apart from your promotion :P

The highlight for me other than promotion? Hmmm good question, i'd probably have to say the chance to manage such a special team and watch them develop over the seasons, i think when we started we could barely field an 80 rated side, within just 1 season we are now punching our weight out at 87 in most matches and were a pretty solid 84 rated cup team. Its the most enjoyable gameworld im involved in.

Finally strong rumours going around, that you will run around the town of Chesterfield with just your underpants if you manage a successful promotion. Are the rumours true?

I can confirm that the rumours are true, a selection of spireitette's (Female Chesterfield Fans) tweeted to me asking if i would do it, im not only doing it if we get promoted again, im officially going to do it at the final home game of the season for charity.

Brilliant! Thanks for your answer's James, and we'll be looking to seeing you again hopefully towards the business end of the season! Take Care!

Thank you very much, its been a pleasure..

So James couldn't give us a clear answer on why Man City is under-performing, but it's understandable. It's not his game. We shall try and contact Benjamin himself if results don't pick up next week.

Finally this week we will look at 10 amazing games that caught our eye! (League only)

- Shorpe United 6 - 0 Swansea City

- Manchester City 6 - 0 Reading

- Plymouth Argyle 2 - 3 Peterborough United

- Shrewsbury Town 2 - 3 Cheltenham Town

- Gateshead 0 - 5 York City

- West Bromwich Albion 3 - 6 Fulham (Game of the Week)

Fulham's Lisandro was too hot to handle for last year's champions, scoring 4! Any other game it would have been 3 points for West Brom, but Fulham played a perfect game and stole the show.

Lisandroo.jpg

Lisandro

- Chelsea 3 - 2 Arsenal

- Tottenham Hotspur 4 - 4 Millwall

- Bath City 4 - 4 Bury

- Brentford 10(ten) - 1 Oxford United

Thank you for Reading through it all if you did, hope you enjoyed the first edition of the show! I hope to improve it with a few suggestions perhaps, and see you next Sunday! :D

9_CFC_header_june10_messageboard_version.jpg

Chesterfield Weekly Round Up

Matches Played

Division 3

Chesterfield 4 - 1 Hartlepool United

V.ANITA 3

M.JANKO 14

C.JEROME 28 (pen)

N.MAURICE-BELAY 63

Half Time

(3 - 1)

M.OBAID 6

chesterfield-shot.jpg

Chesterfield Fans After The Match

Founders Cup

Bolton Wanderers 2 - 1 Chesterfield

A.GYAN 2, 37

Half Time

(2 - 0)

C.JEROME 58

CameronJeromecelebrate_561071.jpg

Jerome Gives Chesterfield Hope

Division 3

Southampton 1 - 3 Chesterfield

F.COLOCCINI 35

Half Time

(1 - 1)

J.AUDEL 12

V.ANITA 71

N.MAURICE-BELAY 84

_40560495_derby.jpg

Carolan Celebrates At Final Whistle

Founders Cup

Chesterfield 1 - 3 Cardiff City

N.MAURICE-BELAY 71

Half Time

(0 - 3)

C.BELLAMY 8, 31

D.BENT 37

5459474890_0b02a7d58c.jpg

Maurice-Belay Grabs Consolation

English Cup Round 2

Chesterfield 2 - 0 Gillingham

A.ALMEIDA 71

M.JANKO 75

Half Time

(0 - 0)

Marc-Janko-1.jpg

Janko Secures The Win

In A Week Which Has Seen Two Consecutive Founders Cup Defeats Has Been Out Shone By The Division Three Campaing Kicking In To Gear And Another Sublime Cup Display. The League Form Has Been A Long Time Coming For Chesterfield And Fans Must Be Relieved Its Came Sooner Rather Than Later. Another Victory In The Cup Against The Gills See's The Spireites Face Off Against Shrewsbury Town In The 3rd Round, A Tie That Is Very Winnable. Last Season Seen No Cup Form Whatsoever, Lets Hope It Doesn't Start To Effect The League Performances.

We Caught Up With Carolan Who This To Say :

Carolan

Absolutely Triffic!

Another Day, Another Defeat!

Preston 0-1 Tottenham

Pato-1.jpg

Pato scored the only goal of the game to send the Deepdale faithful into complete silence

A 14th minute goal from Alexandre Pato was enough to give Tottenham all three points in a narrow 1-0 victory away at Preston. The win see's Tottenham climb up into 9th place, whilst Preston slip in to the relegation zone once again, following a game of few chances. Two wins in the first ten games of the season for Preston, has seen attendances dropping, with just 17,714 people turning up for their latest encounter at Deepdale tonight.

Heading into the game, Preston had high hopes after smashing local rivals, Morecambe, 4-0 at the Globe Arena on Sunday night in the O'Donnell tribute cup. However, sometimes getting a bit too complacement can come back to haunt you, as was the case tonight in front of a demanding Deepdale crowd. They want their side to deliver on a regular basis, and with just one win in the last six league games, you can really see where the anger and frustration is coming from. Are this side really cut out for the premier league, and is Preston manager Ben Newman capable of keeping them up? Only time will tell, as his side head into a 2 week break from premiership football. Though with friendly games against Galatasary and Valencia, this seems like the perfect opportunity to fiddle with the tactics in hope of finding something that clicks with the players. Well until then, Newman will just have to sleep tight and hope his side can turn losses and draws into wins heading into a tough set of fixtures.

Frozeeeenshowww.jpg

Welcome to the second edition of 'The Week in 7777 or a Sunday Night Show with Froz3n' hosted by me Froz3n :eek:

I'm very pleased with the initial response you guys gave me after the first week, I really appreciate it! :)

So let's take a look at this week's headlines!

- Man City sign Zaha from Burton Albion. Not that they cared much as the manager Ben thought they signed him from Oxford! What a shocker! :eek:

- Forumers rush to book an appointment for an interview with 7777!

man-screaming-on-phone-257x300.jpg

Rotherham's Guardado18 was one of the first in the queue

- RedBullArsenal becomes the first member of 7777 to reach 1000 posts on the thread!

- Confusion over Dan James's sig reveals he's a secret Cardiff City fan! :eek:

_44545533_wembleygall3.jpg

Leicester's boss James at a recent Cardiff game with shades for disguise

- Mathieu Coutadeur signs for Northampton, when asked about his new club he says I've never heard of them

- Chiellini is out for 8 weeks for Chelsea, much to the delight of all Premierleague strikers

- Wimbledon record two consecutive wins leaving their manager speechless and giving their fans a cause to celebrate

afc-wimbledon-fans.jpg

Wimbledon fans after their second win in a row

- Manolo Gabbiadini joins Aston Villa ahead of Preston

- Heskey is finally back from his injury nightmare! :eek:

- Premierleague is taking a winter break this week

- And finally this week! 7777 has a stalker!

3337847299_77cb84674a.jpg

But who is this? :eek:

It's a man they call ValentiafcRule, but due to being abused by his silly name he is now known as simply Valentia

Now Valentia has been in 7777 for a while yet never posts on the forum. His Coventry were relegated last season with Buffon as his keeper! However he was the first to say he enjoyed my 7777 show.

However I asked him to reply more on the thread and he said he's not bothered and feels unwelcome! I say we need an official petition to get Valentia back onto 7777 thread!

Anyway let's move on to some interesting interview's with two underrated managers of 7777. It's Ben and Ben everyone ! :D

Firstly I interviewed Ben of Manchester City!

So Hello Benjamin, and welcome to my Sunday night show. How are you feeling?

Fine thanks, How are you ?

I'm excellent. Nice to have you here!

So obviously the reason you're here is because I wanted to discuss City's situation and get an interview from you.

You looked in trouble at the start of the season and particularly last week. This week however you've picked up two great results. Was there a different approach before the games this week?

Good to hear and thanks a lot Froz3n.

Yes, The approach made was slightly 'Different', In the Last 4 league Games we have started the 4-5-1 Formation and its worked wonders for us, From it we have won 3 and drawn 1 Game, In the process we havent let a goal in, So you can see how much better One of the 'Best teams in the World' Is playing.

So here you have it folks 4-5-1 is the way forward :P

You are now comfortable in the playoff places. Is your aim for the season to become a champion to compensate for lasts seasons heartbreak or will you be happy to be promoted any way?

To become a Champion and make it up to the fans for our Horror show last season, I no I hated watching my team from the Touchline last season, My Legs were moving and my knees got lower to the ground just as much as Andre Villa Boas When hes watching Chelsea

David Silva and Karim Benzema have been quoted that you push players too hard in training out of frustration of not getting the right results. Obviously this was a few weeks ago, and funnily enough both players mentioned are now injured. What's your say on that?

Personally I think Both players struggle to adapt to Being the best players here and having the big expectations that we expect of them, Both are on Just under £60K A week, Thats Nearly £120K each turn we spend on them, And when they are failing to perform it makes me unhappy, I think the Story is both are struggling so they are deciding Blame things on their boss, When they do come back to fitness in a few weeks, I might just put them on the Substitute bench, We seem to be playing better without them, I no that because in the Founders Cup matches when they feature we dont seem to be doing that well.

The question on everyone's minds since last season, What in your opinion was the reason for your relegation when many tipped you for the Premierleague title? People say you can't really blame it on the previous manager as he was in charge for a short time only, is that your opinion, or do you think it was your own fault?

Thats nonsense, Its not possible for me to be responsible for City's relegation, My First game was Turn 11. That was a 3-2 victory against Ryan's Wolves, The previous manager Sean, To be fair, he didnt really improve positions to the best of his ability, With A New City In a Non Or Forum Filled set up I would be trying get every position 92/93+, The first manager is the one to be blamed as far as im concerned, I cant improve my squad when all the decent 90+ Players are brought, However I have worked and tried my best for the future at City, For example buying Phil Jones for £16M, My point is, I couldnt do that much to improve it, But It was my responsibility to try and make the squad I had to stay in the Premier League, At the time the circumstances were difficult, But Now I seem to have found a decent formation at last and It will be interesting to see how it plans out when my City get back to the Premier League, But the fact I didnt win in my Last 9 Games in the Premier League just wasnt good enough, One Win instead of a defeat in them games would of made all the difference.

Interesting that Ben! We've finally got your full opinion on the matter. Finally, how did you feel when the end of season awards were announced and you were chosen as an underachiever of the season?

To be honest, I wasnt really surprised, Me being Current manager of Manchester City makes it look like I am a underachiever, Cant really complain about people's opinions in all honesty, Alls I can do to make things better is Win the Championship this season and then get straight back up to the Barclays Premier League and then get a respectable finish.

Very well said Ben. It's been nice having you on the show and hopefully this will change a few of your critics minds. Good luck for the rest of the season!

Cheers.

Then I interviewed Ben, the current manager of Preston North End!

Hello Ben, and welcome to my show! How are you?

Hello Frozy, thanks for having me! I'm good thankyou, how are you?

I'm rather good thanks Ben!

Last time we had a chat, you was in Championship. How the hell did you make it to the Prem? Congratulations on that too, great achievement!

Thankyou! I really don't know to be honest, the lads worked their hardest and do deserve to be were they are today! I was just the man behind their great work. I have however changed from the 'boring 3-5-2' since, and the new tactic has payed off a few times. However there are still a few area's we need to improve, depth being one of them. I am pleased to announce that we could be on the verge of brining an exciting new prospect to the club in the next few days, so thats something to look forward to!

Gabby Agbonlahor... is he a man or is he a machine? Tell us, does he eat spinach before games?

Hahaha, well he's a bit of both I honestly don't know whats happened to him this season, I mean last season he was an average player, and I'm sure he won't mind me saying that. I think his form for England in the world cup really helped his confidence, so I guess its all down to Froz3n the England manager.

People have been criticizing the rest of your team though. For example here's a tweet from a guy named @BenLad221 saying Van Bommel is the best we can do? I'm surprised we're in the premiership, but then again we are in the bottom 3!

What's your response to people like BenLad221?

I appreciate the views of the fans, I can however just question their loyalty to the club if they are saying things like that. I mean, to be completely honest, I shouldn't be saying that, though there is always going to be those people who critisise you along the way. Van Bommel has still got it, and he's proved that on the pitch, as our captain! @ThePNEFans MVB is going nowhere! #Fightthepower

Interesting... However I'm not sure you're aware of this, but Van Bommel has been rumoured to leave to Italy soon, AC Milan being the favourites to land him. Are you willing to give him away, or is he PNE for life?

No way! Milan can keep their hands well and truly off him. He's one player that certainly won't be leaving, thats for certain!

Well It's been nice having you on the show Ben. Finally tell us, what your goals for the remainder of the season are?

It's been a pleasure, and thanks for having me. I only have one goal for this season and that is to keep this beautiful club where it belongs. If I can't achieve that, then I will feel as if I've left myself down as a manager, but more importantly, let the players, the fans and my colleagues at the club down.

Thanks for having me :)

So here you have it, two great Bens! Both got their own goals for this season. Will we see them in the same division for the first time next year and have a Ben Derby!?!? And will that be the Premierleague of the Championship!?

Finally as always (last week -.-) We've got our 10 games of the week! (League only!)

- Arsenal 1 - 5 Leeds United

- Milwall 4 - 3 Everton

- Colchester United 6 - 2 Swansea City

- Shrewsbury Town 2 - 6 Accrington Stanley

- Crewe Alexandra 7 - 0 Rochdale

- Rotherham United 3 - 5 Aldershot Town

- Exeter City 1 - 6 Brentford

- Nottingham Forest 1 - 7 Crystal Palace

- Hereford United 6 - 0 Port Vale

- Aldershot Town 1 - 9 Wrexham (game of the week)

Wrexham's James Mcfadden clearly had his Weetabix on saturday scoring 6 goals! Yes that's two hat-tricks :eek: and adding 2 assists! Those are some incredible stats! Shadows Sturridge's 2 goals and 2 assists in that game as well.

Mcfadennnnn.jpg

Mcfadden

Thank you for once again, reading through it all if you did, hope you enjoyed the read and I'll see you guys next week with two more special guests!

Northampton Town Update

-----------------------------------------------------------

Matches

nPower League 2:

Cheltenham Town 2 - 3 Northampton Town

Ari 2' (Pen), 7'

Blandi 63'

Uchebo 69'

Suarez 89'

Northampton Town 2 - 0 Accrington Stanley

Chihi 43'

Botteghin 83'

Burton Albion 0 - 2 Northampton Town

Bayram 26',46'

Northampton Town 4 - 1 Lincoln City

Mustachhio 39'

Whitehead 37', 74'

Faouzi 49', 80'

Bath City 1 - 2 Northampton Town

Oztekin 5'

Wildschut 40'

Ten Voorde 71'

Carling Cup:

Northampton Town 2 - 0 Accrington Stanley

Zhang 53'

FA Cup:

Blackpool 2 - 3 Northampton Town

Tardelli 2'

Coutadeur 3', 81'

Varela 4'

Dia 15'

Founders Cup:

Blackpool 2 - 0 Northampton Town

Meireles 59'

Honda 62'

Huddersfield Town 4 - 2 Northampton Town

Kerrison 11', 76'

De Ceglie 31'

Ari 46'

Santa Cruz 31'

Bristol Rovers 0 - 2 Northampton Town

Barreto 46'

Marcelo 72'

Southampton 1 - 1 Northampton Town

Chihi 36'

Eduardo 52'

Wolves 3 - 4 Northampton Town

Drogba 3'

Dia 38' (Pen)

Coutaduer 48'

Barreto 54'

Hernanes 71', 72'

Chihi 83'

Rikard-Norling-del-2-av-2-Den-ar-magisk-alltsa-Magisk.jpg

(All Smiles from Johansson After Northampton Are Unbeaten In Competitive Games Under Him)

-----------------------------------------------------------

Transfers

IN:

Guedes Marcelo - £5.4m

Stanislav Manolev - £5.2m

Mathieu Coutadeur - £5.2m

Tamás Hajnal - £4.3m

Alhassan Kamara - £690k

Maza Rodriguez - £4.1m

OUT:

Branko Ilic - £4.8m

43763_Marcelo1011-468.jpg

(Former PSV Defender Marcelo Was Johansson's 1st Signing)

6-silver-smaller.pngEC 7777 Shield - 3rd Round Draw 6-silver-smaller.png

Hosted by Jim Rosenthal

SNN1628JR-280_617788a.jpg

Holders: Chelsea

184473-chelsea_crest_icon.png

Favourites: Chelsea

Outsiders: Tamworth & Grimsby

32 teams have made it to Round 3, a wide range of teams across all 5 divisions, including 2 from the Conference! Could they hit the jackpot with a tie against Chelsea or Manchester United?

16 will make it through to the 4th round and would be 1 step away from the Quarter Finals.

But first, let’s look at some 3rd Round Classics:

1971/72: Hereford 2-1 Newcastle (Replay)

z-ze42I6NEo

2005/06: Luton Town 3-5 Liverpool

qzWtKADrgls

2009/10: Leeds 1-0 Man Utd

PjEnEjfiWWk

Right, My Guests for todays draw!

Here with me today are 2 legends of the sport, Gateshead striker Emile Heskey and Southampton manager, Chris Lord. Emile will be drawing the home teams while Chris will be drawing the away teams.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQg0jHOCMchgbRKh1RWJdF0crgJv3xSQ0bYhmg1bsx0fXuCLGvL&t=1Dennis-Bergkamp-Arsenal-Holland-Ajax.jpg

Emile Heskey and Chris Lord

Quick word chaps, erm Emile, how does it feel to get back to fitness?

It feels great Jim, I’m so desperate to get alot of minutes under my belt for Gateshead and hopefully get promoted with them. Then hopefully Barcelona will finally notice me! Unfortunately we aren’t in this draw, but what do you expect, Man Utd were always going to thrash us!

Yeah, we may not be seeing Gateshead in the draw, and Southampton will not feature either. So Chris, how has your season gone and what are your expectations for Southampton this season?

It started well, but it’s become like last season, struggling around the 15th/16th area of the table. Wish I knew the root of the problem. The expectation was playoffs, but would be happy with top half I guess.

Unlucky mate, I know every manager is rooting for The Saints to improve!

Okay, now on with the show. Here are the numbers for the draw:

1 - Arsenal

2 - Aston Villa

3 - Barnsley

4 - Blackpool

5 - Brentford

6 - Brighton and Hove Albion

7 - Cardiff City

8 - Chelsea

9 - Chesterfield

10 - Colchester United

11 - Coventry City

12 - Dagenham & Redbridge

13 - Doncaster Rovers

14 - Everton

15 - Grimsby Town

16 - Huddersfield Town

17 - Hull City

18 - Liverpool

19 - Manchester United

20 - Millwall

21 - Milton Keynes Dons

22 - Nottingham Forest

23 - QPR

24 - Sheffield Wednesday

25 - Stoke City

26 - Tamworth

27 - Walsall

28 - West Bromwich Albion

29 - West Ham United

30 - Wigan Athletic

31 - Wolverhampton Wanderers

32 - Yeovil Town

Teams to keep an eye on:

Tamworth - 26 – The Conference side shocked League 1’s Bristol Rovers 3-1 on Pens last time out.

Grimsby - 15 – 2nd in the Conference and bat League 2 leaders Stockport in Round 2.

Chelsea – 8 – Last year’s winners and are firm favourites to retain the Trophy.

Manchester United - 19 – One of the favourites every season, thrashed Gateshead 6-1 in Round 2.

Arsenal - 1 – The Premier League strugglers will be looking for some reprieve and are hoping for a strong cup run.

Here we go!

Draw_balls-300x191.jpg

Emile:

Number 16

That’s Huddersfield Town, Mario Fosca’s side are having a decent start to Championship life, can easily be the surprise team this year.

Chris:

Number 23

And they will face QPR. Struggling in the Championship, but this game could go either way.

---(A few ties later...)---

Emile:

That’s Manchester United

Emile:

I’ve had a few offers from Fergie over the years

Chris:

Pfft, sure mate.

Man Utd are at home, and will face..

Chris:

Oooh, Number 1!

And that is fierce rivals, Arsenal. Now that has to be the tie of the Round! Cyrilles season just gets worse!

---(A few ties later...)---

And that leaves 2 teams, Emile?

Emile:

Number 29

West Ham United, and they are at home to:

Chris:

Southampton!

In your dreams, that’s number 10, and Colchester United.

Now that concludes the draw! Here is a full round up of the Round 3 draw.

Huddersfield Town v Queens Park Rangers

Wolverhampton Wanderers v Coventry City

Millwall v Tamworth

Grimsby Town v Everton

Aston Villa v Wigan Athletic

Blackpool v Cardiff City

Manchester United v Arsenal

Barnsley v Brentford

West Bromwich Albion v Yeovil Town

Stoke City v Chelsea

Chesterfield v Doncaster Rovers

Brighton and Hove Albion v Hull City

Nottingham Forest v Sheffield Wednesday

Liverpool v Walsall

Milton Keynes Dons v Dagenham & Redbridge

West Ham United v Colchester United

Ties will be played on Monday 19th December.

As you can see, the tie of the round is clearly:

Manchester United v Arsenal

There are 2 other all Premier League ties:

Aston Villa v Wigan Athletic

Stoke City v Chelsea

The 2 Conference teams have earned fantastic ties:

Millwall v Tamworth

Grimsby v Everton

Tamworth Chairman Bob Andrews’ reaction:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/console/b017nd2z

Skip to 2hrs 24mins 3 secs in. (02:24:03), (the interviewer mixes Milwalls name with Evertons ;) )

Manager Reactions

Grimsby Manager, NapoliFan101:

2-1 win for Grimsby over Stockport to move onto the 3rd round.

We welcome Everton at home next. Well it was fun while it lasted.

Millwall Manager imran10:

Happy to be through to the 3rd round of the cup after a 6-0 win over stevenege' date=' will face tamworth next[/quote']

Aston Villa Manager Froz3n:

Through to round 3 of the shield and will face Wigan Athletic at home next! :D

Brentford Manager' date='

Beat Plymouth on pens despite playing a lot of 75s, oh well, extra revenue helps:D

Huddersfield Manager, TheMarAFc:

Huddersfield 2 - 0 Newport

Average rating was 78 so I'm please that I won ! Got QPR in the next round !

Thanks everyone for tuning in! And thanks to my guests' date=' Chris and Emile, Good luck with your seasons chaps. We’ll see you next time for the 4th Round draw! [/b']

newcrest2.gif

Altrincham F.C. Report

robbie_keane_1249808c.jpg

New Manager Pat G'Les'P Hired on Reported 3 Year Contract

Reports that Altrincham FC were in talks with a new manager have been confirmed. A 3 year deal was supposedly agreed upon between the club and new manager Pat G'Les'P. G'Les'P is most noted for his success with Rotherham United in EC2933, taking the club from near bottom of Division 4 into Division 3 playoff contenders over the span of 2 seasons. We caught up with the new manager to see what he had to say about his new club.

Manager G'Les'P, has the front office laid out their expectations for you? What expectations do you have for yourself?

The front office was blunt with me. They told me they brought me in because they believe Altrincham is a side that should be challenging for promotion every year, and the previous managers they've dealt with were unable to bring that success. My expectations are that we will not only compete for a promotion this season, but we will achieve one. I realize we may not be in prime position at the moment, and it would have been nice to begin the season level with other clubs, but we are only 10 points back. We will challenge.

Why do you believe your methods of managing may work better than previous managers. Do you have any special tricks to motivate your players?

The only motivation I use for my players are winning and being on the first team of a winning side. I find that players usually respond to those two desires. As far as why I believe I will be able to bring more success than the club has had recently, I have a skill set that allows me to get the best out of my players. I am very good with tactics on the field, and I am generally able to switch my first team up well enough to keep everyone fresh and on top of their game.

Before your arrival, Altrincham were knocked out of both the cup and the shield competitions. Would you have preferred to take over a side still competing in the competitions, and do you consider it an advantage to be able to focus on the league?

While I would have loved to lead Altrincham to some wins in the cup, especially, considering the club's proud history of giant killing, it is for the better that we are able to focus our attention on the league. It is my belief that tournaments come second to the league and promotion. Unfortunately, though, our elimination from the cup does not present much of an advantage to us. We are in the position of focusing on the league, but the majority of other clubs are as well. It may be of help to us this week, though, in our match against Tamworth.

Manager G'Les'P, do you plan to make any major changes to the first team you've been presented with? If so, what changes?

I don't have any solid plans other than my intention to bring in a top striker- that project is already under way. The team is not too shabby. We have a few loaned out players tightening up our defense and securing our midfield which is one of our strengths. However, everyone single player has been informed that they are touchable. Besides instilling the idea that everyone must work to gain and keep their spot on this team, I believe a number of players may be sold, and other players will be brought in to the club. My intentions are to mold this into a team that will not only compete for promotion in the Conference, but a team that will compete once we arrive in Division 4.

Final Question. Who will be promoted this season, and where do you see Altrincham finishing?

I have to say, Grimbsy Town is an impressive team, and I see them winning the league this year. As for the other playoff spot, I believe Altrincham will finish in 4th place this year and we will win the playoffs to be promoted. The players know we will not be satisfied with their performance this season if it doesn't lead to a chance at promotion.

Thank you Manager G'Les'P

9_CFC_header_june10_messageboard_version.jpg

24 HOURS OF MADNESS AT THE B2NET

Carolan Quits And Re-Joins

80cd4_HARRY-REDKNAPP-5-COS.jpg

Carolan All Smiles On Wednesday Morning

Late on Wednesday evening Chesterfield manager James Carolan done the unthinkable and quit his post, in a moment described as madness; Carolan hung up his scoops and rolled out of the B2Net stadium an unemployed man, this came out of the blue for all involved with 7777 and Chesterfield.

Carolan steered Chesterfield to the playoff of final last season and secured promotion to division 3 with a fine display, things this season started off badly and many thought he was in for the sack but In a press release from the chairman Carolan was told his job was safe and to carry on as normal, and in true carolan fashion he turned things around and Chesterfield were enjoying a run of 9 games unbeaten in competitive competitions, But Suspicions rose on Wednesday evening when Carolan wasn't in the dugout to see his side slump to a 4-0 defeat in front of home fans, some the next morning suggesting that the players must of known of his departure before kick off hence the poor display.

Germany-England-Harry-Redknapp-World-Cup-2010-cropped

Carolan Picture Today Giving Us A Wink.

The above picture was taken as Carolan walked into the B2net stadium for what we believed to collect his belongings and finalise his termination of contract, little did we know he would be coming out the other end back as manager of the club just 14 hours after he allegedlly quit the club. We didn’t manage to catch up with carolan to ask him what went on but here is a brief statement made by himself on the club website

Carolan

Firstly I would like to apologise to all the fans of this wonderfull club, the staff, the 7777 forumers and everyone else effected by my actions, I don’t even have an explanation for any of you, not one that would stick anyway. I thought my time was up, I didn’t feel I could commit to the club anymore and give them the attention they need and deserve, I didn’t give myself time to mull over my decision, I reacted quickly and regretfully. Im just delighted that today I was able to come here and beg for my job back, im happy they hadnt employed somebody else to fill my role. To all my followers, Fans, Staff, But most importantly the 7777 Forumers, "I'll never let you down again".

crewefansite.jpg

Unofficial report - Carolan held talks with Crewe.

Yesterday saw an unsettled day at Chesterfield as their manager James Carolan left and rejoined the club within the space of 24 hours. Whilst many are unsure as to why Carolan left, rumours around the Alexandra Stadium are that Crewe had offered Carolan a role at the club. Insiders are unsure what the role was but can only guess it would have been the managers role currently taken by A.Gould. We managed to catch up with Gould who had the following to say.

A.Gould (Crewe Manager)

It's a load of nonsense isn't it? I'm the manager, I'm happy as manager and I've got the team up into the play-off spots. If the board have been holding talks with another manager they need their heads checking. I'm sure there's a simple misunderstanding. Carolan is a good manager but he doesn't know this squad and he doesn't know our style. I'm glad he's gone back to Chesterfield because it ends all these talks once and for good. I love the club and I won't be leaving quietly if I ever leave at all.

3165394722-16072011160411.jpg

Gould not saying farewell any time soon.

So Gould hasn't taken too kindly to rumours that the board may be looking to replace him. We'll soon find out if matters off the field affect their preparations for a tough game coming up on Saturday against another of the high flyers this season.

We tried to contact Crewe chairman David Stern but he was unavailable for comment after holding crunch talks with NBA officials over their leagues collective bargaining agreement.

6a01156f2c3287970c014e8a9538a1970d-450wi

David Stern, the face of a guilty man?

wimbledon.png?t=1306235928

"We Will Get It Right"

AFC-Wimbledon-manager-Ter-001.jpg

AFC Wimbledon manager Josh Horne joined Sara Tomkins of the team's official website today to answer questions on everything Dons, including how he and his back room team vow to 'get it right' before they lose touch with the promotion chasers.

Thanks for taking the time to talk to us today Josh, a lots happened since we talked to you last season, care to fill us in on what's been happening from your perspective?

Its my pleasure, yes its been quite a rollercoaster ride over the last 6 months! Well as you know we had a great first season, only just missing out on the Division 5 title by 2 points and then we collapsed in the play-offs losing to the eventual play-off winners Bath City. That was hard to take and looking at that season now, our bad patch in the middle of the campaign really cost us in the end.

During the off-season we made some big changes to the squad to keep up with some of the other teams in the league that are getting stronger and stronger, bringing in quality players like Leigh Griffiths, Vid Belec, Laurens De Bock and Joel Obi.

Undoubtedly you've made the squad stronger but why are you struggling to repeat the successes of last season, with you currently sat in 8th - 6 points off the play-offs and a massive 13 points off league leaders Forest Green Rovers.

I think it comes to down to the fact that this division has become a lot stronger and way more competitive this season. Last season, there were perhaps only 5 or 6 very good clubs that had a chance to earn promotion, this campaign that number has probably doubled. When you've got players like Danny Welbeck in the division you know the bar has been risen and although we've strengthened the squad we are probably lower down the pecking order. Of course you can't use that as an excuse for our bad form, but it certainly makes our objectives harder to achieve.

Fellow managers in the league have dubbed you 'Leeds Reserves' in reference to your feeder relationship with the Premier League club, what do you make of that?

Well it does annoy me a bit to be honest because we currently have two loanees from Leeds and last season we had 3, and it disregards the good job we are doing building this team into a real force of the future. But this is football and if you can't take banter then you are in the wrong business!

How is the partnership going?

Fantastically well, Aaron is a top bloke and he has been very cooperative and supportive of what we are trying to build here.

What do you make of Pablo Sarabia? The winger made his 50th club appearance on Wednesday and who has undoubtedly been a massive player for you since he joined on loan at the beginning of the setup.

The kid needs no introduction over these parts, despite being a loanee he has already established himself as a fans favourite. His performances on the pitch have been sensational and that is shown in his stats: 23 goals, 27 assists and 9 MoM awards in 50 appearances. I was really grateful for Aaron letting him join us on loan again for this campaign because his future certainly doesn't lie in Division 5.

A question which has been asked frequently by the fans is why you sold star striker Ferdinando Sforzini after his 17 goals in only 18 appearances undoubtedly were the result of your unbeaten run at the tail end of last season.

We didn't want to sell Ferdinando but when you are a small club like us you have to sacrifice your best players for the good of the team. We got nearly 6 million for him which at this level is a huge amount of money and it allowed us to improve the rest of the squad.

New frontman, Leigh Griffiths, has struggled to live up to Sforzini so far this season so do you think selling him was a mistake? If so would you rule out a return for the Italian in the future?

Look Leigh had big shoes to fill but after adjusting to the rough nature of this division he has scored 5 goals in his last 5 appearances and i have every confidence he can fire us to promotion. To answer you second question, no i would never rule out a return for any player we sell but i'm concentrating on the here and now and trying to get a run going.

Talking of your form, new First Team Coach Monty McDermot reportedly stated the new players were a bunch of wusses and were bringing the clubs hard nosed reputation into disrepute, and according to him its why you have struggled to repeat last season's form.

Monty is a tough cookie and likes the old fashioned, hard nosed brand of football. But nowadays you have to play with controlled aggression and i don't think its the reason behind our inconsistency. I promise that we will get it right and i will be having words with Monty later.

Finally, what do you make of your old adversary Barnaby and how his Wrexham side are performing in Division 4?

Despite our banter last season, i have the uttermost respect or Barnaby and what he has achieved at Wrexham so far. He had strong foundations when he took over and he has made the most of them, the team is almost unrecognisable from the one that won Division 5 last season and i wish him all the best in his promotion chase.

Thanks for taking the time to talk to us Josh and good luck for the rest of the season.

No problem, i like to do my bit for the media!

BREAKING NEWS!!

Gaffer Hospitalised!

London

The gaffer being airlifted to Kings College Hospital after the vicious assault

The team's official website can confirm the reports that manager Josh Horne has been hospitalised after an altercation at the clubs training facility yesterday evening. According to reports, the gaffer confronted First Team Coach, Monty McDermott, about his attack on the player's toughness after calling them 'a bunch of wusses'. McDermott, who has a reputation in the league as a bit of a loose cannon, obviously didn't take too kindly to the telling off and apparently unleashed a vicious attack with a football boot - gashing Horne's face with the blades. He was later arrested and his position at the club seems untenable. We all wish the gaffer a speedy recovery and we will update you when we receive any new information.

In other news, the club are reportedly trying to bring in another loan signing before tonights game against Rushden & Diamonds but we don't yet know if this is here say or accurate.

Griffiths Brace Seals Win for Dons

photo_7664_wide_crop.jpg

Griffiths celebrating one of his two goals in the match

Leigh Griffiths silenced his critics tonight with a Man of the Match performance against Rushden & Diamonds that sealed a 2-1 victory for the Dons that ensured their play-off chase stayed alive for another week.

The first half contained all the action in this match with both teams up for the fight. The Dons signalled their intentions early on when they opened the scoring inside the 3 minute mark, when Griffiths scored his first goal of the match with a fine diving header just inside the penalty box. Leandro Pimenta picked the Scot out with a fierce low cross that was met late by Griffiths with the ball thundering past Rushden keeper, Nathan Abbey.

The game settled down after the goal with neither side posing a threat to each other's keeper. However drama struck on the 19 minute mark, with Dons central midfielder Soner Aydogdu being booked for diving in the penalty box. In the resulting possession, the drama struck again when Rushden frontman, Safee Sali, was brought down in the box by Dons centre-back Yohance Marshall with what looked like a tug of the shirt. The Malaysian converted the resulting penalty to tie the game at 1-1 with 22 minutes played.

The Dons didn't let the decision get to them though and within 5 minutes Griffiths bagged his second goal of the game, in what would be the match-winner. Star wideman Pablo Sarabia made Rushden right-back, Michael Corcoran, look like a novice with some fan-pleasing trickery along the left hand touchline, before unleashing a beautiful cross that was met by Griffiths at the near post to put the home side 2-1 up.

After the break, Rushden looked deflated despite being only one goal behind, which perhaps explains why they are near the bottom of the division. The Dons were guilty of some wasteful efforts on goal with Tomas De Vincenti missing a sitter inside the 6 yard box on the hour mark. However the Dons were happy to come away with 3 points away from home after their thrashing on Wednesday, with Griffiths' brace taking his tally to 9 for the season putting him in second place in the top scorers table.

After the horrific altercation yesterday evening, the gaffer was unable to attend the match but was in constant communication with assistant manager Robbie Earle. We managed to catch up with Earle after the match to hear his thoughts on the performance:

"Overall it was a very good win for us on the road on not the best of pitches. The lads came out and played with their hearts on their sleeves and that's just the sort of attitude we wanted after the mauling we endured against Darlington. Leigh silenced many of his critics tonight who have questioned whether he has the experience and goalscoring ability to fire this team to promotion. Those two goals tonight made it 5 in four games and i'm sure he will continue this rich vein of form into our game against Southport on Wednesday."

Dons Sign Villa Starlet on Loan

117837_474093_GABBI51_80_8652143_medium.jpg

Gabbiadini is considered to be a big prospect at Villa

AFC Wimbledon bolstered their attack Saturday evening after they signed 20 year old Aston Villa Centre-Forward Manolo Gabbiadini on loan until the end of the season.

The former Atalanta and Brentford player is considered to be a great prospect and the Dons didn't waste time acquiring his services after Villa manager Froz3n Tekkers made his availability public. The 20 year old has experience playing in Division 3 with Brentford, where he had 5 starts last season notching up 2 goals and 1 assist.

Wimbledon are renowned for only playing one striker up top and one has to consider current starter Leigh Griffiths' future at the club now that Gabbiadini has been brought in. Assistant Manager Robbie Earle rubbished such claims when we managed to grab a word with him in this morning's press conference:

"We are obviously delighted to announce the loan signing of such a promising young player and we'd like to thank Aston Villa and Froz3n for making this move happen, which we believe will benefit both clubs. I would like to take this chance to rubbish claims that Leigh's future at the club is now uncertain, he is still an integral part of what we are trying to achieve here and we now have the option to field more than one striker on the field if we feel that will give us a competitive edge."

2dm5avt.png

Milito in as Lewa departs

Villa sign Centre Forward Milito from Internazionale Milano

Milito.jpg

Aston Villa have this evening announced that they're on the verge of completing a signing of a prolific Argentinian Forward Diego Milito, the move which will see Villa's Robert Lewandowski head the other way.

Lewandowski was more known for his time at Chesterfield than Villa. He famously helped them to a promotion in a dramatic final at Wembley last season. He was recalled by Aston Villa this summer, however due to prolific Llorente and Soldado keeping fit, he found it unable to break through into the first team.

Aston Villa thanked 'Lewa' for his services tonight with a message on their website:

On behalf of everyone involved with the Aston Villa football club we would like to thank Robert Lewandowski for his services at the club, and wish him all the best for the future.

Lewadeparts.jpg

Lewandowski only played 6 times for Aston Villa

Further message read on:

We have aquired a world class striker in Diego Milito and we are delighted to have done so. Despite already having two great strikers in Llorente and Soldado, we felt that we needed that experienced man, who could win it for us in important games.

Milito has previously played 32 times for Everton, scoring 15 and assisting 11 times.

Frozeeeenshowww.jpg

Welcome to another edition of 'The Week in 7777 or a Sunday Night Show with Froz3n' hosted by me Froz3n :eek:

The headlines from early 05/12/11 to late 11/12/11!

- MFF questions his managerial capabilities

ifuzj5.png

How is that possible? :confused:

- 32 teams make it through to round 3 of the Carling Cup

- Reading sign 6 players in and sell 4 players to rebuild their team

- Chelsea and Blackpool are the only English teams to reach the last 16 of the Champions league

- Wolverhampton Wanderers are the only English team to fail reach the last 16 of the Europa League (Too concentrated on winning the league perhaps)

- The most shocking news this week came just after the midnight on Thursday

As you have prob noticed in the past week or so i have been less active on the forum' date=' especially in this gameworld. Well tonight i have decided to jack it in. im going to be quitting my forum teams tomorrow when im back from work. Im not leaving the forum entirely but when it gets too much its time to go. My forum useage will be lessened with not having any clubs in forum setups therefore leaving more time for me ;-) Its been a pleasure and nice getting to know alot of you. Good luck whoever gets Chesterfield, look after them for me :P x[/quote']

Yidgurulol.jpg

Yidguru contemplating his future

So Yidguru left...

... or did he?

Nooo! Just 15 hours later this announcement came through!

Sorry People' date=' Had A Moment :eek: Wont happen again i promise ;)[/quote']

(We say: It better not Yiidi!)

I must say the 7777'ers are gullible! The lot of you believed him when he left and went into panic mode, and welcomed him back later! His trick worked wonders there! :P (Yeah just don't do that again James!)

Later, announcement from Crewe came through, that Carolan was discussing a move to Crewe, and only after being rejected did he come back to Chesterfield (read more on Match Report thread)

- pg7772a, EdMoses, and tecalee join 7777, welcome guys!

Wait... hold on a minute! EDMoses? That's great news we must say! The man's a living legend! Then we found out he was at Arsenal and could not stop laughing!

mosesarsenal.jpg

EdMoses at his new club

- Moses then decides to send Messi to Liverpool in exchange for Xavi and Gomez

- Wimbledon's Gaffer Hospitalised! (Read more about it on the MR thread)

- CCFC94 still can't buy a win (We say try Ebay.com)

- Wolves go top of the Prem after beating Arsenal and Chelsea lose to Fulham

And that about sums up the latest week in the mad world of 7777!

Now let's move on to our weekly interview!

This week in the hotseat we've got Crewe's very own Sky_Blue_Gould

Hello and welcome to the show Gouldy, how are you?

I'm well thanks. Just sitting down with a beer or 6.

A fun sunday night for you then I'd imagine. Are you enjoing your time at Crewe so far?

I think on the whole yes I am. There have been ups and downs but overall it's been great fun. I don't think I've ever had a job that's so fun and stressful at the same time.

What's been your personal highlight at the club so far then?

There have been so many highlights. Beating Wolves in the Cup was a great day for me and the club. Also moments like signing Adam Maher and of course currently sitting in the play-offs is a nice feeling. Who knows, maybe I'll have another highlight to add the list tomorrow if we get a win against Newcastle.

You've mentioned Maher there. He seems to be the face of Crewe Alexandra right now. For everyone reading this, what would it take for them to take him from you?

I joked about it in the past that it would take £50m and it truly would take an insane offer for me to contemplate losing the lad. He really could be the face of Crewe for years to come. He's only played 4 times for us this season but scored 3 goals. You can't find talent like that everyday.

Have you got any special rivals in Division 4? Someone you're competing against?

I class every game as a rivalry. I want Crewe to be the best and win every game we play. Every fixture's like a battle. If the chairman let me I'd be in the dug-out every game with war paint and a spear but apparently that goes against the family club image we're setting out to achieve.

Brilliant! I'm guessing you don't sleep much at night before the games do you?

I'll get an hour or 2 if I'm lucky. Sometimes the night before a game the adrenaline really kicks in and I turn up at the ground at about 2am and just sit in the dressing room waiting for my players with the lights off. It scares them a little but at the same time they all get the picture of how seriously I take things.

Not everyone's aware of this, And I'm scared to put it into more public myself, but Crewe Daily reported that you once turned on the floodlights at night, started shooting into empty net, and celebrating loudly after every goal went into 'empty net'. Are these reports accurate? Apparently the reporters got into the ground after local people complained of too much noise at the ground.

What can I say, I live and breathe football. It's true but I don't see why it's so odd. I also occasionally pretend I'm a secret spy after MI5 rejected my job application but I've been asked to tone that down by the chairman after he overheard me making gun noises and shouting 'I need back-up' before a board meeting.

Wait, did I just say that out loud?

Interesting that! I think we'll leave it at that. Or we'll give our public too much to ponder on here. Good luck to you with your remaining season, we hope to see you promoted next season, and might speak again before the end of the season!

Thank you, and for all the aspiring managers, here's a top tip. Do not, under any circumstances, eat yellow snow. Actually I don't think that's relevant. Still useful though. Goodnight :D

So there you have it. A very interesting character at the helm of Crewe Alexandra. And no we don't think he's weird at all :P

Time now to wrap up this weeks show with 10 games that may one day fill your Christmas DVD collection!

- Burnley 5 - 3 Sheffield United

- Bradford City 3 - 5 Walsall

- Milton Keynes Dons 2 - 7 Southampton

- Charlton Athletic 7 - 4 Peterborough United

- Wrexham 5 - 4 Brentford

- Rotherham United 7 - 0 Oldham Athletic

- Aldershot Town 0 - 10 Bury (game of the week)

Kevin Volland of Bury scored 5 past Aldershot on Saturday to add to an incredible rout!

vollandbury.jpg

Volland

- Oldham Athletic 1 - 9 Wrexham (another honourable mention to Wrexham this week scoring 2/2 in top 10)

- Stevenage 2 - 8 Rotherham United (also well done to Rotherham for scoring 15 in one week :eek:)

- Southport 0 - 9 Grimsby Town (well done to Grimsby too who also scored 15 this week!)

Some really incredible scorelines this week! Well done to all those included!

Thank you for once again tuning in this week, and I'll see Y'all next Sunday! Peace and Love :D

Dons Carve Out a Hard Earned Point!

AFC Wimbledon continued their impressive form in the Founders Cup after holding a full strength Sunderland to a point in their encounter yesterday evening that still puts them within touching distance of a qualification spot.

The first half contained very little notable action apart from Dons wideman Tomas De Vincenti picking up a yellow for tugging Sunderland midfielder James Milner's shirt. The Dons were the livelier team and it could be argued that the top flight side were being a bit complacent in their play. Iker Casillas was the man keeping Sunderland in the game; back peddling to tip a cheeky lob, by Leandro Pimenta, over the bar and then producing a brilliant double save from two Leigh Griffiths efforts that left everyone wondering how the home side weren't in the lead going into the second half.

_57253691_griffiths.jpg

Griffiths leaves Kingsmeadow stunned after he

missed a double opportunity to put the Dons ahead inside the half

Wimbledon carried their momentum into the next half and finally went ahead on the 53 minute mark after Soner Aydogdu's thunderous 25 yard effort crashed off the upright with on-loan Leeds playmaker Moritz Leitner tapping in the rebound. The Dons didn't have the lead for long though as on Sunderland's ensuing possession they tied the game at 1-1. Bruno Soriano threaded a beautiful pass to Dimitar Berbatov and the Bulgarian wasted no time in smashing the effort in off the woodwork.

Dimitar-Berbatov-002.jpg

Berbatov celebrates after drawing Sunderland level near the hour mark

The goal gave the Premier League side some impetus and they went close on two occasions after Giampaolo Pazzini saw his 15 yard effort sail over the bar and then with 10 minutes to go Gervinho inexcusably headed over the bar from only 5 yards out.

The draw puts the Dons right in the hunt for a qualification spot in a very tight Group 1 and Robbie Earle had this to say after the game:

"A great showing by the lads tonight, to give a top flight side a run for their money and dominate like we did in the first half bodes well for our league campaign. This competition is great experience for some of our younger players as it gets them pitting their wits against quality opposition twice a week and we hope it gives us an edge over our rivals in Division 5. I never imagined we'd do this well in the competition when the groups were announced so anything from this point onwards is a bonus."

huddersfield_h.jpg

Huddersfield Update

At this morning's press conference , terriers' manager Mario Focsa has been discussing all the latest events happening around Galpharm Stadium . He started by confirming Richard's departure from the club , as a fee of 2.8 Million has been agreed between Huddersfield and FC Kaiserslautern for the young attacker centre forward . The manager has admited that the club wasn't doing great in terms of finances so Richard's departure was imminent.

Other transfer news regard Papastathopoulos Sokratis joining on loan from Blackpool for a short loan spell , and Sane Salif returning from Bury !

Despite not producing the best of results in the league , Mario's Terriers have been more than impressive in the cups , producing a massive shock in the Founders cup , beating Kingsy's Chelsea 4-1 , as Chelsea suffer only their 2nd defeat of the season ! Huddersfield have also progressed in the next round of the English Shield as they put two past Newport County , as they are set to face QPR in the third round of the Shield !

Good and Bad news regarding injuries at Galpharm Stadium , as Frank Beria , who has been the key to Huddersfield's defence has suffered a Torn ankle ligament and will be out for up to 7 weeks . But Josip Ilicic has recovered from his horific injury and he is set to feature in the next game against Newcastle away from home . Josip suffered a Torn hamstring in the opening match of the season against Burnley !

- Georgie Thompson ( Sky News )

Millwall unviel big star

On monday morning millwall shocked the world by annoucing the signing of former barcelona and milan forward, Zlatan Ibrahimovic

Initially there was a lot of interest for the sweden internationals signature, but only 3 club made an approach, with manchester united pulling out.

once the bids were accepted it was a nervous wait for the millwall fans before it was annocued that milan had accepted the bid from millwalll. Fans were over joyed at the signing of one of the worlds best forwards. Manger imran had this to say:

Zlatan is a great forward, he has good strength l, finishing ability and an amazing touch . Its a real step forward to be to bring a player of his quality to the club and i'm sure he will enjoy his time here. 'Will he be put straight into the first team?' well first i will have to assess his fitness but i dont think he will start straight away, given time he will be a starter

Bitter Sweet Toffees

Everton 1-2 Preston

Welliton-1.jpg

Preston striker Welliton put his side 1-0 up after just three minutes!

Two goals for Preston in the first five minutes were enough to take all three points at Goodison Park, as Preston beat Everton 2-1. The result was enough to see Preston hop back out of the relegation zone, while the toffees dropped down to 15th, just a place above the lilywhites, with a better goal difference of just one. 32,189 people were in attendance to witness this encounter, between two sides who desperately needed a win to keep their heads above water.

Preston and Everton's history together has definately been one for the neutrals to enjoy, with former Preston boss David Moyes making the switch from Lancashire to Merseyside just one of the key highlights. Moyes led Preston through a successful spell in the 1990's, with promotion to the old divison one being up their in his greatest achievments. Though things have changed since then, and now the reign's have been handed over to Preston's very own, Ben Newman. Pressure has certainly been something put on the shoulders of Newman this season, with the North End faithful hoping to stay in the premiership, after being promoted in second place from the championship last season.

It would have been such a relief then for Newman, when the final whistle was blown at the end of this encounter. An encounter that saw his side 2-0 up in the first five minutes. Firstly, Morais Welliton capitalised on a defensive error from Everton to give his side the lead, before former West Brom forward, Peter Odemwingie, made it 2-0 just three minutes later. However, they do say that your most vulnerable when you've just scored. So when Jeremy Toulalan grabbed one back for his side with just over seventy minutes of the match left to play, you could see why this saying is never one to be shrugged off. The French man's goal proved just to be a consolation though, as PNE walked away with their heads held high and all three points in the bag.

Gabbiadini Stars in Dream Debut

New loaning signing Manolo Gabbiadini had the best possible debut tonight as he scored an impressive hat trick to lead the Dons to a 4-1 victory over lowly Southport at Kingsmeadow.

The Aston Villa loanee started as he meant to go on, as straight from the kick off his overhead kick from a Pablo Sarabia cross went inches over the bar. The Dons were looking very lively inside the first 5 minutes but disaster struck a minute later when captain Musa Nizam was shown a straight red for a dangerous two footed tackle on Southport striker Tom Elliott. The away side nearly made the extra man count soon after when Danny Lloyd-McGoldrick's thunderbolt of a shot rattled the upright, with home keeper Vid Belec a spectator.

However, despite being a man short the Dons began to dominate proceedings once again and on the 35 minute mark they finally broke the deadlock when Gabbiadini got his first of the night, and what a debut goal it was. Right-back Dor Malul made a determined run down the flank and pulled the ball back to meet an unmarked Gabbiadini who rifled the ball into the back of the net to make it 1-0 to the good.

GYI0064121344_crop_450x500.jpg?1301426401

Gabbiadini fires in his first goal of the match

After the break, Southport came out revitalised and within 15 minutes they had pulled level when Elliott finished off a fantastic solo effort after latching onto Mark Howard's goal kick. However, the home side were determined to regain the lead and two minutes later they made it 2-1. Playmaker Moritz Leitner threaded a lovely through ball to Gabbiadini who left the defenders in their wake before executing a perfect lob over the advancing Howard to bag his second of the game. The goal seemed to suck the life out of Southport and it didn't take long for the young Italian to earn the match ball when he connected with another Leitner pass to pull off a second fantastic lob within 4 minutes.

1695024_w2.jpg

The players swamp the young Italian (middle right) after sealing his hat trick

It was the first time Wimbledon have played two up top this season and it is something the gaffer will have to consider going forward when Griffiths bagged the last goal of the match on the 74 mark to seal a 4-1 victory. Long shot specialist Soner Aydogdu tried an ambitious effort from 30 yards out but Howard made a mess of it and palmed it straight to the young Scot who toe poked it in at the near post.

The win sees Wimbledon move up a spot into 7th, with only 3 points separating them from a play-off berth and, with the top teams slipping the past two weeks, the gap between them and the top has been cut to 11 points. We spoke to assistant manager Robbie Earle after the game to hear his thoughts on Gabbiadini's debut:

"Well what a player we've managed to bring in thats all i can say! You can see for yourselves why this kid is going to the very top because he has tremendous pace, technique and natural goalscoring instinct - those two lobs were executed to perfection. Playing two up top is something me and the gaffer are going to have to discuss because it would be foolish to not capitalise on two red hot strikers at the moment, and i believe they can form a formidable partnership up front for us. To put on a performance like that when we are a man short says something about the attitude of these group of lads and we now need to start preparing for a big game against league leaders Grimsby on Saturday."