English Championship 7777 - Match Reports,Transfer news etc.

O'Donnell

Re: English Championship 7777 - Match Reports,Transfer news etc.

wimbledon.png?t=1306235928

De Bock Nears Return

624_341_dedd952230d3587a1cc72d87e93cf9dd-1321116884.jpg

De Bock's return should give the defence a much needed boost

19 year old Centre half Laurens De Bock is nearing a return from a torn groin that has seen him sit on the sidelines for the past 5 weeks.

The Belgian Under-21 international only joined the club in October and has featured in just 3 games for the Dons before picking up the injury at Fleetwood, where he scored 1 goal in a man of the match performance. Lauded by the manager as a future Belgian National Team starter, De Bock has shown what tremendous ability he has and Horne had to this to say this morning after being released from Kings College hospital:

"Laurens is a quality young player and i really felt sorry for the lad that literally a couple of weeks after his transfer he was laid off with a horrible injury. His return will give our team a boost no doubt and we are targeting the Christmas Eve match against Kidderminster as his most likely time to be back in the starting lineup. Our defence has missed his vision and technical ability shown in the three games he has played for this club, and we look forward to seeing him back on the field very soon.

On other news, First Team Coach Monty McDermott has been relieved of his duties this morning and the club are also pleased to announce the return of the gaffer after he was released from hospital this morning after that horrific altercation last week.

Bluebirds Breathe A Sigh Of Relief

_57226103_malkymc.jpg

Fans were starting to feel unhappy & voice their concerns after a run of 7 games since their last win in league, cup & Founders Cup. There were even rumours that the Cardiff manager was going to throw in the towel due to inactivity and laziness. However, there was a feeling in the capital that the Bluebirds were going to turn it around soon, much like last year, but unlike last year, they've been grinding out draws and nicking a point here & there. Cardiff kept the same team that dominated Bournemouth at Dean Court on Thursday.

Much like recent weeks though, Cardiff were on the back foot from the off. Veterans Juan Sebastien Veron & Ronaldinho were pulling the strings in the midfield & quite frankly, they looked comfortable for the Swans. They had the best chance of the opening 10 minutes when Veron had the goal at his mercy, but he blazed over when it was harder to miss. Then, on 21 minutes, the game, & possibly Cardiff's season changed in the blink of an eye. Out of nowhere, a quick turn & shot from Craig Bellamy nestled in the bottom corner, to send the Cardiff City Stadium into raptures.

Swansea-v-Cardiff-Craig-Bellamy-celeb_2559545.jpg

Bellamy, celebrating his stunning opener as Swansea look on, stunned.

The Jacks were riled by the goal & the feelings were getting heated on the pitch. Andre Dias was booked when a flailing arm caught Kevin McNaughton when he perhaps should have seen red. Only 10 minutes later he did see red. This time he slid in late on Jamie O'Hara & deservedly so, got his marching orders. City didn't make their man advantage count until early in the second half. Senad Lulic's whipped corner was met round the back post by a bullet header from centre back Roger Johnson to double the lead.

_45501239_220209_roger_johnson_joy_hu.jpg

Johnson unable to contain his delight at his goal.

It wasn't over yet though. Swansea had to push forward to get some pride out of the game and luckily for them, they did. An Andrei Arshavin screamer saw the game tip in the balance for a few minutes. They were on top now but goal lone clearances from Bellamy & McNaughton ensured the Bluebirds held on, much to the crowd's delight.

cardiff-city-fans-696636328.jpg

Finally! We've been waiting for a result like that for weeks. We've played a hell of a lot better in games but got nothing so I'm delighted that we could hold on today. If we hadn't, I think I'd have walked. Hopefully we can do what we did last year & really kick on now.

- Darren Hancock, Cardiff manager.

Ten for a bird you must not miss

saintsvwolves.png

SCENE-SETTER

The game was important to both, knowing that a draw would put them near enough out of the running for qualification for the knockout stages of the Founders Cup, following the likes of Chelsea who have already qualified into them. Wolves came into the game in impeccable form in the League, 18/18 sitting high on top of the league, whilst Southampton still are inconsistent as ever, sitting 14th in League 1.

TEAM NEWS

Southampton made no changes from the side that drew 3-3 with Chelsea, with Alex Oxlade Chamberlain and Adam Lallana deputising with Jordi Alba and Adem Ljajic, who were rested.

Wolves made two changes from the side that surprisingly lost against Leicester 2-0 on Thursday. Yobo and Gago replacing Heitinga and Muntari.

PEOPLE TO WATCH

Southampton - Eduardo Da Silva - Currently League 1 top goal scorer with 15 goals from 15 starts.

Wolves - Anderson Hernanes - Currently the Premierships top goal scorer with 10 from 13.

THE GAME

Friendly Match

Sunday 18 Dec 2011

Stadium: St Mary's Stadium (32,689)

Attendance: 5,653

Southampton 5 - 5 Wolverhampton Wanderers

A.HERNANES 18

A.HERNANES 26

D.DROGBA 32

A.OXLADE-CHAMBERLAIN 33

A.LALLANA 38

A.OXLADE-CHAMBERLAIN 40

A.LALLANA 48

R.DIEGO 57

A.LALLANA 80

M.DEL MORAL 83

MATCH REVIEW

Only 5,653 people turned up to see what was, and probably will be the game of the Founders Cup. Both managers had a joke and a laugh before the game kicked off.

1-20 Minutes

The Game started off as quick as it finished, with Diego eager to attack cutting out a pass within the first 30 seconds. A sudden lull for 10 minutes followed, with both teams settling into their game.

Then out of nowhere dangerman Hernanes rose highest from a Drogba cross, to clinically finish past Mignolet. 0-1 Wolves.

20-40 Minutes

Adam Lallana almost replied with a great header but it hardly troubled the Wolves No.1 with great positioning. Hernanes then took the iniative to have a go from 25 yards, leaving Mignolet red faced stranded not thinking he would. 0-2 Wolves. It looked like the Premier League's form team were taking the three points home, showing the League 1 side how things are done. The second goal seemed to spur Southampton on further, with three good chances, most notably Oxlade-Chamberlain's overhead kick skimming the crossbar all to no avail though. Drogba then destroyed Kelly with a foraging run, and smashed it back into the net. 0-3 Wolves. Game done and dusted? far from it! Oxlade Chamberlain from the kick off went on a run, and sprinted past Yobo like he wasn't there to lob the advancing keeper. 1-3 Wolves. Southampton were in the ascedence, the crowd, well of it, where going mad. Drogba was urging his team mates not to be so complacent, and to not under-estimate the opponents, but Cassani let Adam Lallana by, and with a scuffed shot somehow crept into the back of the net. 2-3 Wolves! 40 minutes gone and 5 goals, what a cracker!

40-60 Minutes

Oxlade Chamberlain spurned on by the fact he acheived an overhead kick earlier on in the game tried again, and what a overhead kick it was, top corner and Weidenfeller had no chance. 3-3!! and with that the first half drew to a close. Southampton continued where they had left off, in control of the game's tempo, and from a resulting corner in the 48th minute Adam Lallana scored his second with a fine header into the corner of the net. 4-3 Southampton! The next 10 minutes the game finally calmed down, probably due to the freezing temperatures, and players taking a small rest bite. Mignolet was out of sorts tonight, one to forget for the Belgian, slipping when collecting the ball from a Kelly passback, Diego was on hand to knock it past the Belgian. 4-4! Surely not more goals???

60-80 Minutes

On the 60th Minute both teams made substitutions, which sort of killed the game, and the high tempo disappeared into a scrappy affair. Simon Mignolet did well to save on the 70th Minute, stopping Hernanes who was on a hat-trick. Lambert, one of the substitutions, then got a yellow, quite harsh, for a 50/50 on Hernanes. Out on nowhere just before the 80th Minute Adam Lallana got past Raul Abiol to slot his third goal beyond Weidenfeller. 5-4 Southampton. The Saints fans where going mental!

80-Full-Time

The celebrations were short-lived, Manu Del Moral latched onto a Fernando Gago cross, to score off the bench. 5-5! Lost for words! The Game fizzled out, and it ended 5-5, such a brilliant game, a great advertisement for why England has the best Division's full stop.

6-silver-smaller.pngEC 7777 Shield - 4th Round Draw 6-silver-smaller.png

Hosted by Jim Rosenthal

SNN1628JR-280_617788a.jpg

Holders: Chelsea

184473-chelsea_crest_icon.png

Favourites: Chelsea

Outsiders: Grimsby

16 teams have made it to Round 4, and with many shocks along the way, this season has seen a few suprises, could we see low league teams in the quarter finals and beyond? We see the usual suspects in the last 16, like title holders Chelsea, Premier League leaders Wolves, West Brom, Liverpool and Arsenal. But the likes of Grimsby, Brighton, Brentford and Chesterfield will be looking cause an upset or two.

8 will make it through to the Quarter Finals and would be able to sniff a semi final appearance.

But first, let’s look at some 4th Round Classics:

1996: Port Vale 2-1 Everton (Replay)

ur-4p5wUKTc&feature=player_embedded#!

2000: Leicester City 0-0 Arsenal (Leicester Win 6-5 on pens)

CHCJIQUI2pg

Right, My Guests for todays draw!

Here with me today are great men of the sport, Blackpool manager Marc Spicer and Huddersfield striker, Mario Balotelli. Mario will be drawing the home teams while Marc will be drawing the away teams.

Balotelli-Why-Always-Me-500x293.jpgCesc_Fabregas_16.jpg

Mario Balotelli and Marc Spicer

Quick word chaps, erm Mario, do you think Huddersfield can progress? Even with a tricky draw?

Huddersfield can beat every team out there! Main reason? Me. Every team in the world wants me in their strike force and I am using Huddersfield as a stepping stone to bigger things. We can take on anyone. And we look forward to it!

Well that may come back to bite you in the butt Mario! So Marc, what are your expectations in the league this season and how seriously will you take the Shield now you are in the last 16?

My expectations will be to finish in the top 4 and have another go at the Champions League. I am still keen to win the shield, but for now the reserves will continues to play.

Okay chaps, good luck to both of you for the draw!

Okay, now on with the show. Here are the numbers for the draw:

1 - Arsenal

2 - Aston Villa

3 - Blackpool

4 - Brentford

5 - Brighton and Hove Albion

6 - Chelsea

7 - Chesterfield

8 - Grimsby Town

9 - Huddersfield Town

10 - Liverpool

11 - Millwall

12 - Milton Keynes Dons

13 - Sheffield Wednesday

14 - West Bromwich Albion

15 - West Ham United

16 - Wolverhampton Wanderers

Teams to keep an eye on:

Grimsby - 8 – Lowest team in the draw by a mile, sensationally beat Everton in Round 3.

Chelsea – 6 – Last year’s winners and are firm favourites to retain the Trophy.

Wolves – 16 - Premier League leaders, on course for the double.

Here we go!

Draw_balls-300x191.jpg

Mario:

Number 6

The team everyone wants to avoid!

Mario:

Not us.[/Quote]

That’s Chelsea, oh you’ve jinxed it now Mario!

Marc:

AHA! 9!

And would you believe it! Chelsea will face Mario’s Huddersfield!.

Mario:

*Beep* sake[/Quote]

Not so confident now are you Mario! And watch your language please.

---(A few ties later...)---

Mario:

That’s Liverpool

Marc:

Oh god no.[/Quote]

Liverpool are at home, and will play..

Marc:

Phew!, Number 1

And another tough draw for Ed’s Arsenal! Certainly tie of the round this is!

---(A few ties later...)---

And lastly

Mario:

Number 12

MK Dons are at home, against..

Marc:

Me! Not bad I say!

And number 3, Blackpool, well I think Marc beat Mario with that draw!

Now that concludes the draw! Here is a full round up of the 4th Round draw.

Chelsea v Huddersfield Town

Wolverhampton Wanderers v Millwall

West Bromwich Albion v Aston Villa

Liverpool v Arsenal

Sheffield Wednesday v Chesterfield

West Ham United v Brentford

Grimsby Town v Brighton and Hove Albion

Milton Keynes Dons v Blackpool

Ties will be played on Monday 2nd January.

The tie of this round is:

Liverpool v Arsenal

There are 2 other all Premier League ties:

Wolves v Millwall

West Brom v Aston Villa – A Midlands Derby!

The Conference outfit of Grimsby have earned a winnable tie:

Grimsby v Brighton

Manager Reactions

FA Cup

Huddersfield 2 - 1 QPR

Round 4 : Chelsea Vs HUDDERSFIELD TOWN -- Yaaaayy ! :( :(

4-1 win on penalties after a 1-1 draw at home to Everton puts Grimsby in the next round. Hejda with the goal. 54% possession and 11 shots to 6 is very good against a big team like Everton.
Stoke City 0 - Chelsea 1

I am so surprised that I managed to win tonight. I managed to scrape a 1-0 away win at Stoke. With league form taking an alarming dip as of late I have had to go against my wishes and had to put out the reserve team to prioritize the league. The side I had out tonight had an average of 86 but some kid called Ganchozo (I have no idea who he is) only 78 rated steps ups in the 37th min to score the only goal of a tight game at the Britannia. On a side note former Chelsea front man Francesco Totti got sent of for an awful challange which made seeing out the game a lot easier that it could have been.

The defence of the title continues. Just. :)

I am going to have to guard against complacency in that match (no offence). Although dont lose heart tf the league for doesnt pick up though dont expect to be up against a full strength team by any means' date=' and also your fans get to have an awesome away day in London :).[/quote']

Well blow me down!

Arsenal defy the predictions and take down a major name' date=' as Man U Lose 4-1 on pens after a thrilling 2-2 encounter.

Sorry folks but those loans will have to wait as i face arguably the tie of the next round - liverpool. Blimey, certainly doing this the hard way![/quote']

Blackpool 4-1 Cardiff

Blackpool qualify to the last 16 after beating Cardiff. The Welsh side started off much better than Blackpool' date=' and were ahead after 9 minutes through Shane Long.

Blackpool made 9 changes from Saturdays game, and the young Brazilian Fernando scored twice on his debut to make it 1-1 then 2-1. Varela added a third before half-time.

The Cardiff players were becoming frustrated as Blackpool racked up possesion, and were reduced to 10 men as Taiwo was sent off after 48 minutes. Bas Savage also saw red in the 75th minute. Silvio added a fourth late in the game.

We play MK Dons in the next round :)[/center']

Glad to be out! Need less of this rotation malarky & more consistency. Hope to start moving up the table now there's only 2 games a week. :D
Won 2-1 against tamworth' date=' have to give a lot of credit to them, did well to get this far

Now have an interesting tie against wolves in 2 weeks time, should be a good game[/quote']

Beat Wigan 3-0 and will face West Brom away next round.

Soldado out for 2 weeks though :o:(

Thanks everyone for tuning in! And thanks to my guests' date=' Marc and Mario, Good luck with your seasons guys. We’ll see you next time for the 5th Round draw! [/b']

FA Cup Round 3 Round-Up

FA%20Cup%20Logo.jpg

It was a penalty shoot-out feast in the 3rd round last night as no fewer than 6 teams progressed via the route of the shoot-out.

Without doubt the biggest shock of the round came at Blundell Park. Incidentally, Grimsby took the lead through Lukas Hedja, but on the hour Apostolos Vellios equalised for Everton to give them some pride. It was all in vain though, as Josh King smashed home the winning penalty as NapoliFan101's Grimbsy dumped out Shack's Premier League outfit. The next best game for drama was probably at the Amex Stadium. Hull City took the lead twice only for them to be pegged back twice as Brighton dragged themselves into extra time & subsequently penalties. It was all square going into the last round of pens. Enzo Maresca scored his coolly only for half-time substitute Jozy Altidore to smash his pen over the bar to send his team Hull out of the cup.

The game that everyone was talking about though wasn't the dullest of games either. Wayne Rooney's 78th minute goal was sending Man United though, but Peniel Mlapa's late, late goal kept Arsenal in the game after Sasha & Hoarau had exchanged early goals. After Bale, Rooney & Hernandez had missed penalties it was down to the little Welshman Aaron Ramsey to slot his pen home. That meant Arsenal were through to the 4th round.

League 1 teams Sheff Wed and Brentford also caused mini shock waves as they beat better teams Notts Forest and Barnsley respectively on penalties. Walsall also went really close, but they came up short in sudden death against Liverpool who sneaked through 6-5 on penalties after a tense 0-0 draw at Anfield.

Tom's faith in Chelsea's second team reaped the benefits against Stoke as Marlon Ganchozo's 37th winner sent them through to the 4th round. Last year's Premiership winners West Brom were also comfortably through as clinical finishing saw off League 1's Yeovil 4-0 at the Hawthorns.

Wolves are also comfortably through as they brushed aside League 1 Coventry 3-1 at Molyneux. They had to come from behind, but won at a canter in the end. They'll face Premiership opposition Millwall in Round 4 as they beat Tamworth 2-1 at the New Den.

Huddersfield were also beneficiaries of a comeback as they sinked QPR 2-1 courtesy of goals from Richard Stearman. Villa are also through to the next round as they thumped Wigan 3-0 at Villa Park. They face WBA in the next round.

In the game of the Play-Off final of 2009, Blackpool beat Cardiff 4-1 at Bloomfield Road as the visitors had 2 men sent off in Taiwo & Savage. A brace from Kembo-Ekoko for Chesterfield beat Doncaster 2-1. They've been rewarded with an away tie to Sheff Wed.

Stephen's MK Dons beat fellow League 1 team Dag & Red 2-0 at home. This means that they play Blackpool in the next round. Last but not least, Kazzer's West Ham beat Colchester 3-1 despite the U's taking a 2 minute lead.

Cesc Fabregas Completes Move From Arsenal to Chelsea

FC_Barcelona_News_Cesc_Fabregas_Transfer_speculations_Rumours_-_Spain_News.jpg

Cesc Fabregas has signed a Two-year contract with Chelsea in a deal worth up to an estimated £50.5m.

Chelsea have paid £13m upfront whilst fellow forward Arjen Robben moves the other way to the Gunners on a four-year deal.

The former Gunners captain, 24, said he moved across the city to take up "the greatest challenge of my life."

Fabregas added: "I have waited a long time for this moment. After eight years at Arsenal I hope to leave you all with many great memories."

Fabregas thanked Arsenal fans on Twitter: "To all Gunners: A big thank you for your unconditional support during the last 8 yrs. Just say that I will always carry you in my heart!"

Fabregas, who has 62 caps for Spain, said he was ready to make his debut in Saturday's Legue match against Sunderland, but he does not expect to walk into the Chelsea team, with the likes of Busquets and De Rossi currently occupying the midfield roles.

Commenting on what he described as "Fair" negotiations, Chelsea coach Tom King said Fabregas had benefited greatly from his time at Arsenal, adding: "Cesc grew up with Barcelona, he became a huge player thanks to Ed Moses at Arsenal, now he has the chance for success and silverware at Chelsea."

Despite all of his praise for the gunners fans and the club reports suggested he was unsettled by the clubs poor position in the league (20th) and the prospect of playing in the champions league this season and next and with many other chances of silverware, the offer from Chelsea was to good to turn down.

This move comes as a shock for both sets of fans as moves across the city from red to blue and vice versa have caused much tension in the past between both fans and players alike take Ashley Cole for example. Only time will tell if this will be the same for Fabregas but something in the air suggests he is much loved by the Gunner fans and this will not be the case.

Chelsea with problems of their own with 3 straight defeats and one draw in the league have seen them drop to 4th 10 points behind surprise runaway leaders Wolverhampton Wanderers. Tom King said “Cesc is hopefully the quality we need to get ourselves out of this sticky patch. I am glad he is on his way so we can really kick on with our season and continue to compete for those titles.”

''BENJ GAVE YOUNGER LADS A CHANCE AS

QUALIFICATION WAS ALREADY SORTED

FOR THE FOUNDERS CUP'' !

0,,10273~3811528,00.jpg

Manchester City Manager Benjamin Warrilow had a idea of the Group Standings before the Game and decided he would give Youngsters a

Chance Tonight, A Average rating of 83 Was Played with a Average

Age of Just 20 Years Old !

CITY BEAT WIMBLEDON 1-0 AS DEFENDER TOM LEE'S TOOK ADVANTAGE OF A MIX UP IN THE OPPONENTS DEFENCE !

Man City 1-0 Wimbledon

Ben says Despite being Prepared for tomorrows Draw for the Knock Out Stages he was very happy to get the Win against the Wombles, Manchester City had their Average rating a few Points Higher and According to the Stats, It was very close ! The Record of City at the Etihad stadium is quite Impressive, Although we do have Big expectations to do very well !

298052_Championship_Manager_Team.jpg[/img]

It was A very close game, But I just Loved watching the Lads progress and Watching them get Game Time on the Pitch and Seeing How good they can be in a Competition what Matters. Yes we were already into the next round but they were still very set on adding Three More Points onto Our Current Points, Was Very good tonight and We would Like to Say Thankyou to 9,670 Fans who turned up and Took a seat In Manchester to Watch the Youths, Wimbledon didnt Bring any Supporters as They said 'Theres no Point' as they are already knocked Out and will not be in the Draw tomorrow ! Tickets were Just £5 For Supports Tonight !

• 2 weeks later...

2dm5avt.png

All Changes at Villa Park

Thomas Muller departs, De Jong, Richards join!

the-transfer-window-1.gif

De_Jong_Rich.jpgMullerleave_Frozysad.jpg

Last Night, in somewhat a shock move Thomas Muller left Aston Villa for an ambitious Championship outfit Manchester City. In return Aston Villa get an experienced Nigel De Jong, and a promising English right back Micah Richards. Aston Villa have been quiet to an extent in this transfer market so far, this being the first significant transfer.

Manager Froz3n hopes this will help in terms of depth and experience.

The two lads are world class in my opinion. I would not give away a talent like Muller for peanuts. Myself and Ben(Manchester City Manager) came to a very quick negotiation over which players would be exchanged once they offered their interest in Thomas. I'm saddened to see him leave, but It's the move that's in the best interest for all parties involved. I wish Thomas all the best in the future at Manchester City and would like to thank him for all he's done here.

Villa manager Froz3n then left the press conference seemingly overflowed with emotion.

Aston Villa tonight defeated Sunderland 1-0, thanks to an early goal from Roberto Soldado. Nigel De Jong picked up a man of the match on his debut. Future is bright it seems, or so we hope...

2dm5avt.png

More changes at Villa Park

Rasmus and Giroud arrive in swap for Soldado

the-transfer-window-1.gif

newsignings.jpgSoldadoissoldlol.jpg

Aston Villa have this morning announced two more signings. 23 year old Swedish International Rasmus Elm and a 25 year old French Hitman Olivier Giroud. The deal was finally completed after 3 days of negotiations between Aston Villa and Blackburn.

Villa manager Froz3n spoke of the new transfers:

We've today lost another one of our best players, but just like with Muller we felt this deal will suit us. Both players are talented and that's the first thing we require here, talent. I've no doubt we will see both of these players in the starting line-up next season. At the moment there's just too much competition for them to be starting games. It's a shame to see Roberto (Soldado) depart, but we are looking towards the future and we've got some great young talent coming through as well, so it's not a massive blow. I would like to wish Roberto all the success with Blackburn Rovers.

• 2 weeks later...

188010_207429902617825_5157090_n.jpg

Wolves' Last 2 Months Overview

Wolves sit pretty at the top with a 9 point lead.

Premier League:

Won: 9

Drawn: 2

Lost: 3

Current Premier League Table after 22 Games:

1. Wolves - 48 Pts

2. Man Utd - 39

3. Chelsea - 39

4. Tottenham - 38

5. Blackpool - 38

6. Fulham - 34

7. West Brom - 34

EC Shield Semi Final - 30th January

Wolves v Sheffield Wednesday

Wolves were knocked out in the group stages of the Founders Cup and the SMFA Shield.

Transfers

In

William Gallas - Straight into the first team and has fitted in perfectly after his 5 games. £1m and Yobo went the other way.

Yassine El Ghanassy - Great prospect, getting some first team experience, expect more of him next season. Record money signing for Wolves in £7.5m

Abou Diaby - Replaces Muntari in midfield as he heads the other way along with 3m. On/off first teamer, playing a vital role in Wolves' title charge.

Luis Gil, Sam Hutchinson & Nicolas Trecco - 3 upcoming youngsters, pushing for first team appearances but will need to be loaned at some stage for more appearances.

Out

Matias Silvestre - Unhappy being loaned out to Colchester. Manager Ryan Grosvenor, Matias and Colchester manager John Henry had talks to seek a solution. A figure of around £6.5m was agreed and Silvestre joins Colchester permanently.

More news soon.

1297696537-Southampton_badge.jpg

The Season So Far

Table (Turn 26):

5 Gillingham 42

6 Watford 42

----------

7 Yeovil Town 41

8 Walsall 41

9 Coventry City 40

10 Milton Keynes Dons 39

11 Charlton Athletic 38

12 Leyton Orient 37

13 Southampton 36

14 Chesterfield 36

15 Southend United 36

The position we are in, looks awful, and by all accounts we should be doing better, but! It is tight, 6 points off a play-off spot. We can dream can't we? The transfer market is so dead at the moment it is hard to introduce new players for that final push!

Transfers:

The two most notable absentees are Bosingwa and Huddlestone. Bosingwa was a healthy offer which as a club we could not refuse, especially with his irratic form, we did not know if he would drop or not. Huddlestone, again, a hefty sum was given for him. Frimpong is doing the business at the moment, but when certain targets become available they will have to fight for the place! Eduardo (explained later) is doing the business, whilst Zamora was a complete an utter flop. Zamora left ASAP, truly a player the fans will forget.

Ins:

• Ryan Babel - Howard Webb's favourite player, a good winger, definite 88, and has the pace on the right, which Alba has on the left.
  • Philippe Senderos - A solid CB, sure will never be at the heights he got at Arsenal, but knows how to defend (Sort of)
  • Jonathan Bond - Back up for Mignolet, was impressive when scouting him in the FA Cup.

MORE LATER.....

:rolleyes:

Leaders Wolves Sold

Owner Steve Morgan forced to sell to Arabian businessman due to serious debt

Wolves' season has gone without a hitch so far, top of the league by a distance and are hot favourites for the title with 15 games to go. Wolves' have also splashed out in the transfer market this season, including the likes of Hernanes, Diaby and El Ghanassy. Critics have questioned the amounts of money Wolves have spent this season and whether owner Steve Morgan can actually afford it. Morgan has denied that Wolves are having money troubles and has hit back at critics.

As it turns out, Wolves have been in serious debt since start of the season, yet still bought El Ghanassy for 7.5m last month. The revelation comes after Steve Morgan offically put the club up for sale last night, looking for a quick sale to get the club off his hands. The 59 year olds shares in Redrow have decreased dramatically in recent months and has not kept on top of his clubs finances, leading the club to be steeped in huge debt. The amount of debt has been debated but the non-official figure is 80m+ but Wolves aren't giving anything away.

wolves_1370198c.jpg

Morgan took over Wolves in 2007 for £10

A total of 4 bids came in very quickly and they are all from foreign investors. 2 bids from the UAE, 1 from Saudi Arabia and 1 from America. Eventually, the club was sold to an unnamed Saudi Arabian businessman for a measly £5M. The new owner will need to put his hands in his pockets to wipe out the £80M debt.

Things may be on the up financially, but is this new owner the real deal? Will he give Grosvenor some more funds? Can he guarentee to wipe out the debt? We will have more information on the new owner and hopefully an interview with him and manager Ryan Grosvenor.

htafc_badges_huddersfield_town_crest_2010_2011_newspage.gif

Fans worried after poor run of form !!

The fans are now worried about their clubs poor run of form , and they fear relegation . The club started their life in the Championship with a few great results , back to back wins against Portsmouth and Burnley got the fans' hopes up , and they were even hoping for a play-off spot this season , Despite the managers words at the time " Our aim is to stay up " . A succession of defeats then fallowed combined with a win every now and then , sees the Terriers in the 17th place , 5 points from safety .

Howe_2621998.jpg

Bournemouth and Colchester , the two clubs that managed to get automatic promotion last season are currently doing really well as they see themselves in the top position and second respectively with both being really strong promotion condensers . Huddersfield are set to face both clubs in the space of two days , with Bournemouth being first up to the plate for tonight's Championship fixture fallowed by Colchester in the Founders Cup tomorrow night.

Mario+Balotelli.jpg

Huddersfield's top scorer with 8 goals this season.

In terms of finance the club is doing really well , with players coming in and out of the club regularly , and despite the clubs current situation , they managed to attract some really big names to Galpharm Stadium ! The legs of Balotelli , Koscielny , N'Zogbia , Alcantara and many others entertaining the fans every week !! They did receive a lot of criticisms tho , as such big names fail to gather points against some rather average teams , we expect the manager to turn things around and finish Mid'Table or in the worst case Scenario to avoid relegation.

Sun_Newspaper_Logo-300x130.jpg

Southampton Player Released from Police Custody

An unknown Saints player has been released from Police Custody regarding claims of ABH in a Southampton Nightclub on Monday Night. The Player has yet to be identified, rumours all the youths were out, celebrating one player's upcoming birthday. These players cannot be named for legal reasons.

Reflex in Southampton is a well known club name, as many of them are about in such places as Watford. The event is believed to of happened in Lower Banister Street, where Reflex is located.

Apparently a glass bottle was smashed which began the uproar, obviously angered by the fact his drink was dropped or nudged by someone, the player took the opportunity to talk to the man in question, who cannot also be named. It got a bit heated and ended up with security breaking the two up, with the police on call, and both parties ended up with a night in local custody.

More to be revealed in the upcoming days...

In other News.

Southampton are expected to name a side with 2 changes from the game against Sheffield Wednesday, of which they won 1-0. Martin Kelly comes in for Aidan White, Kelly was suspended for that game. Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain is also rumoured to start, Ljajic has apparently picked up a knock in training, but may still feature from the bench.

Fabricio Coloccini will be in attendance near the dug-out, as his fitness nears the possibility of game time.

With two possible 4-5-1 formations, this could be a very bore draw, as Swindon also use the same formation. A game important for both, as Southampton hope to keep the pressure on the top 10, as the top half is so congested, one loss could drop you 3-4 places. Southampton sit outside, but if results go there way....

Swindon sit 18th, with the opportunity to use Southampton's inconsistent form to their advantage, by winning, opening up a considerable gap over 19th and below.

kamara300.jpg

Kammy's Prediction: 0-0

Grosvenor's Job In Doubt

Huge row between the Wolves manager and the new owner means his job is under threat.

New Wolves owner, Sahid Adib Bishr Mohammed, has been rumoured to be a non-footballing man. And taking over Wolves is just a 'bit on the side' for the Arabian. After hearing about top managerial names such as Jose Mourinho, Pep Guardiola and Barnaby Dowling, Sahid has been interested in replacing Grosvenor with a top name, even though Grosvenor has guided the Midlands club to the top of the Premier League. So could he really be silly enough to ruin the flow?

Last evening, Sahid did have talks with Grosvenor about the team and the future. But a row kicked off between the 2 when Sahid spoke about possibly demoting the boss to an assisstant managerial role to make way for a high profile name. Grosvenor and other senior Wolves members were outraged and completely dismissed the idea. And Grosvenor's contract runs out at the end of the season, and sacking Grosvenor could cost alot more than Sahid thinks.

48390840920202975100.jpg

Ambitious? Could one of these two be the next Wolves boss?

In a further twist in the tale, the Wolves owner has refused to invest in any transfers for Grosvenor (a move to force Grosvenor to leave?) and the clubs players and staff have not been paid for the month yet.

The talks yesterday evening occured due to events in the day. Grosvenor had talks with Birmingham City and their attacking midfielder, Frank Lampard over a possible move. Talks started before Sahid took charge and the Wolves manager expected a deal to be done with the backing of Sahids billions. Lampard was set to sign a deal and Sahids backroom staff passed the deal with no concerns. The fee was due to be in the region of £18m with Lampard on £80k a week at the leaders. Everything had been agreed but owner Sahid stepped in at the last minute to sensationally block the deal. Grosvenor was expectedly furious with the owner.

125262_hp.jpg

Stunned: Lampard will not be joining Wolves

This is a rocky start for the new owner. Sky Sports have managed to get an exclusive interview with Sahid Mohammed:

Thank you for joining us today, congratulations on buying the League leaders. Where do you see your team going in the next few years?

I er, want the club to go to the top straight away. I want the Premier League title this year, next year and every year I am here. Any less and I will leave. I want every title going including the Champions League, FA Cup and the little cup aswell. I want them all.

Ambitious, so how will you go about this? Rumours about new players coming in, is this true? What are your thoughts on Frank Lampard's deal?

I did not want Lampard at my club, I only want the best. I want Messi, Ronaldo, Heskey, Pique, Iniesta and all the names I have read in the top 30 players in the world. I want every player at the moment to leave when I get these players. I cannot have average players playing for me.

You've certainly set your sights high! What is the situation between you and current manager, Ryan Grosvenor?

I don't like his attitude or ambition. We had transfer talks, he said Lampard would be the best signing for a long time at Wolves. That is below par. He is also not a great manager, compared to Mourinho and Guardiola. He hasn't won anything. I apparently cannot get rid of him due to contract reasons and legal tangles, so he will leave when his contract ends in the summer, I don't want him to handle any top players so he will not be recieving any funds and I will only buy players when he is gone.

Sounds harsh, he has took Wolves to the top don't forget. So who are you thinking of replacing him?

It isn't harsh, he hasn't won anything as I said. And I would want a top name like Guardiola or Mourinho, or possibly emerging managers in this country. People like Marc Spicer, Aaron Duffy, Mikey Kavanagh, Barnaby Dowling and the Colchester and Carlisle managers. I am also interested in speaking to the sacked Man City manager aswell. Ben I think his name is.

What an interesting interview, thank you for joining us Sahid. And good luck for the season.

MessivRonaldo-355x270.jpg

Future Team mates? Wolves owner targets Messi and Ronaldo in the summer

With the owners revelations, bets have been flying in for Wolves' future. Here are just a few:

RyBet Odds:

When will Grosvenor leave?

End of the season: 1/4

Before Turn 25: 7/2

Between Turns 25-30: 12/1

Between Turns 30-34: 20/1

Between Turns 34-38: 40/1

To stay charge next season: 150/1

Wolves' finishing position.

1st: 2/5

2nd: 3/1

3rd: 8/1

4th: 12/1

5th: 25/1

6th or below: 50/1

To replace Grosvenor:

Jose Mourinho: 1/3

Benjamin Warrilow: 5/2

Barnaby Dowling: 6/1

Pep Guardiola: 6/1

Marc Spicer: 8/1

Rick James: 10/1

Guus Hiddink: 10/1

Tom King: 10/1

Mikey Kavanagh: 12/1

Neil Warnock: 14/1

Jack Simpson: 16/1

David Jones: 20/1

Aaron Duffy: 20/1

John Henry: 25/1

Chris Hogg: 28/1

Imran Anjam: 28/1

Marco Rodrigues: 32/1

Dave Jones: 36/1

Ed Moses: 36/1

Emile Heskey: 40/1

Cedd Cook: 50/1

Froz3n Tekkers: 80/1

Mick McCarthy: 150/1

Carlos Tevez: 200/1

Mario Balotelli: 200/1

Mattuie Beckett: 500/1

First signing:

Lionel Messi: 1/5

Cristiano Ronaldo: 4/1

Andres Iniesta: 12/1

Silva Neymar: 16/1

Emile Heskey: 20/1

Hernandez Xavi: 20/1

Gerard Pique: 25/1

Eden Hazard: 36/1

Joe Hart: 40/1

Carlos Tevez: 75/1

Mario Balotelli: 100/1

Emmanuel Frimpong: 200/1

Joey Barton: 350/1

Frank Lampard: 500/1

htafc_badges_huddersfield_crest_2009_2010_medium.jpg

Huddersfield Town News !!!

Capture1.png

Another even match , another defeat .. this time to John's Colchester in the Founders cup . The result aggravates the managers current situation at the club as boo's were heard at the end of the match .

The fans applauded the managers substitutions in the 60th minute , as De Ceglie came off the bench to reduce Colchester lead with 23 minutes to go , but as the Terriers pushed up the match to find an equalizer , Colchester hit on the break to win the match 3-1 . The match was closer than the score suggests , with both teams holding on to the ball well and creating chances.

Capture-23.png

After numerous requests from football gamblers , betting websites have came out with the odds for the sacking of the Huddersfield manager !! This is how RyBet sees it :

Time of sacking

End of the season: 1/3

Before Turn 25: 1/1

Between Turns 25-30: 6/1

Between Turns 30-34: 25/1

Between Turns 34-38: 60/1

To stay charge next season: 3/1

LN0069-MAN-CITY-crest%203D.jpg

Benj Commits himself after 21 Hour Disappearance

Manchester City manager Benjamin Warrilow Left Manchester City on Wednesday 25th January 2011, The time was somewhere near 22.30pm, Everybody in the Game In English Championship 7777 Strongly Believed that Benny give up On Struggling Manchester City, But there were Other Rumours going about That Owner Sheikh Mansour bin Zayed Al Nahyan Fired Benj as the Manchester Club are sitting in the Play Offs of the NPower Championship and Speculation seemed to be that Sheikh Didnt believe Ben could get City back to where they really belong !

It was Thursday 26th January at 7:00pm when News Come about that,

Mr Active as become the new manager of Manchester City
, It was very unexpected after Benj left a statement saying that he had been fired as the Owners didnt think he could do what was expected... So the news has come out, that Sheikh felt guilty about Leaving Ben Jobless !

Something What the Mega rich owners didnt no Is after Ben got Fired Wolverhampton Wanderers approached Manager Ben Warrilow and asked if He would like to be Ryan Grosvenors assistant at Wolverhampton Wanderers, Ben agreed a Contract of 3 Years with £3.2m coming Bennys way each Year, However, A Professional manager in 7777 had the Man City Job Offer, Mikey was too committed to Bournemouth who are currently leading the Championship was waiting for a good manager come across to take the Offer of Manchester City Football club off his hands, And Ben Messaged him just after 4pm and Asked If he would give The Job back !

We dont no if this is true, But Ben was rumoured to have got kicked Out Of Wolverhampton Wanderers inbetween the Sack at Man City and the Comeback to City for Going to the reception and getting a Cigarette out of his pocket aswell as walking out of a meeting what he clearly shouldnt of done, Security come to him and kicked him out !

Ben said on the BBC News at 22:00 On the 26th January that he is delighted to get his job back at Man City and he intends on Having more faith in them, People will now be watching Citys performances and fans will be wondering if Ben will make them improve, Lots of fans at City have been Calling for Benj to get the Sack but now hes been appointed back as manager, Will it be the Main Owner who gets all the Shouting at ? - We will after see, Ben Quit City after the 0-3 home defeat against Welsh Side Swansea, Bens first league game back as Manager will be away in Wales against Cardiff, Look forward to making the way to the Touchline for the first League Game since My Future as been Sorted !

• 4 weeks later...

Wolves For Sale Again

Owner arrested as Wolves' debt rises

Wolves owner Sahid Adib Bishr Mohammed has been arrested in his home country of Saudi Arabia, as he is suspected of money laundering. Police officers also swooped on the offices of Wolverhampton International, and left with an assortment of documents. A brief statement mentioned that Narcotics Bureau officers searched two locations – one in Medina, Saudi Arabia and the other in Wolverhampton – and seized documents. The charges for Mr Mohammed involved five counts of dealing with property known or believed to represent proceeds of an indictable offence. His hearing has been adjourned until 8th April.

Mr Mohammed has gone into exile in his home country and has sent his reprentatives back to Molyneux to sell the club. He bought Wolves less than a month ago and was the answer to their problems and he promised to wipe out the serious debt.

But some important information has surfaced regarding Mohammed's 3 weeks in charge...

Mohammed has allegedly not invested any money whatsoever in Wolves, including players and staff wages, new players and decreasing the enormous debt. Wolves' debt has apparently risen to over £120m now, and the threat of administration looms. The success that Wolves are having right now, FA Cup winners and still title favourites will count for nothing come the end of the season if no new buyer is found. If there isn't a buyer, then Wolves' footballing status may be over for good.

Alarmingly, Wolves are now 5/6 to enter administration before the end of the season and 4/1 to cease being a football club by the start of next season.

images.jpg

13_front_small.png39_1203356564gifpng.gif10_front_small.png

Kidderminster Harriers: New Manager - New vision.

The former Southend United boss is a firm front-runner to take charge of the club he supported as a boy.

German Gonzalez was axed on Wednesday after two and a half years, with owner and chairman Robert Herjavec telling him that results were “simply not good enough.”

Herjavec took the decision late on Tuesday night but slept on it before Gonzalez was summoned and given the news.

The Croatian Chairman concluded that Gonzalez's reign was untenable because of an alarming slump that puts them in a relegation fight, and that his bond with fans broken after the home defeat to Altrincham on Wednesday.

Sunderland have sealed the deal with Australian born, with a Croatian decent, Robert Jarni, who has great friendship with Robert Herjavec, who said he is accepting all Jarni's decision to allow the whole team to leave, to gain the cash flow back into his team.

Key tasks for gonzalez successor will be reinvigorating a squad who have become stale and short of confidence and reconnecting with the Stadium of Light fans - leaving O’Neill as the initial favourite.

Herjavec said in a statement: “Sadly, results this season have simply not been good enough and I feel the time is right to make a change.”

Gillingham Are Back!

Mr. Turnbull, (manager ranking 11/102) says "Gillingham will by making big changes in the squad, but first they will be doing their very best to gain promotion to the Championship..."

The announcement comes after Gillingham have started a remarkable turn around of their form. From 6 losses to 9 wins in their past 11 games, and they are looking particularly formidable in their past 3 games, when they scored a total of 15 goals.

A player playing at his very best, Pablo Piatti (on loan form Manchester Utd) has toted up 16 goals and 13 assists, but be was not the best...up until yesterday. He was second only to Gillingham's own Younes Belhanda who has knocked in 13 goals and 6 assists...But yesterday say the incredible form of Piatti reach a new level...and scored all five of Gillingham's goals against MK Dons.

And it is not only the Gill's lethal wingers that are doing well. Striker Almeida is also knocking them away with 9 goals and 10 assists.

Mr. Turnbull also had this to say: "We are good, good enough to be promoted from division 3, but we must always get better so we will be looking to do lots of deals...At the moment we only have 11 83+ players of our own, with some low rated players we will be looking to sell for cash.

But although the small squad size will rule out 2 for 1 incoming deals we may well be happy to sell 1 for 2...Please bid, VM or PM to suggest a deal, we are always open to deals!"

The Big Interview

bergkamp_knvb_groot.jpg

(Southampton Gaffer Chris Lord Is The First In The Hotseat)

Welcome to the new segment for the EC7777 Mangazine named 'The Big Interview' where Chris Lord joins us for an all exclusive interview. The Saints are currently in contention for the play-off's, but what does Lord think the chances of his side reaching the play-off's?

Q: After a inconsistant start to the season and to be fair your side are still inconsistant, are you suprised that your side is still in contention for the play-offs?

A: In a division where everyone beats everyone of course it is hard to build a consistent run of which was done which puts us in contention. Can't say I'm surprised, the team learnt from last season

Q: What do you think of the chances your side can reach the play-offs?

A: Every chance, mathematically still in with it, a win against Gillingham could change everything. A few injuries which is a major problem of which Alba is the most missed but there are people good enough within the squad to replace him for the 5 weeks he is injured for.

Q: What about the chances of winning it?

A: I don't think we have a chance at all to be honest.

Q: Your skipper Eduardo has been a key player this season. With 25 goals in 33 appearances and speculation that he's been attracting interest from Europe's elite, do you think you can keep hold onto him as reports from Croatia suggests he wants to play at a higher level?

A: Well I can rubbish those stories now, as far as I know he is more than happy here at one of England's most successful clubs, newspapers write some stupid stories at times but they need the attention grabbing headlines at the end of the day.

Q: Southampton are renowned for their academy which has produced some good players over the past years. Who do you think is the brightest prospect in the academy?

A: In our current youth set up the likes of Hoskins and Reeves are. Some youth players got away unfortunately.

Q: During the 88 competitive games you've managed, you've only accumulated 144 points which on average is 1.64 points per game which many fans feel is quite poor. A number of fans are frustrated with the inconsistancy and doesn't feel the club will reach the heights of the Premier League under your management. What do you think about that?

A: Well the form has been better as of late, so hopefully this should please them, fans always want more its within their nature!

Q: You're known for buying young home based players instead of dipping into the foreign market buying young players or even experienced quality players which has caused some fans to raise some concerns. Do you think of changing your transfer habits?

A: I have a very solid experienced spine to my team, Coloccini, and Eduardo for example. Sure there are people I am looking at, but in such a competitive market you can't please everyone including myself.

Q: And finally, where do you see yourself in 5 seasons time?

A: Championship and higher is a minimum, I will still be at this club regardless.

Q: Thanks Chris and good luck for the rest of the season.

A: Thank you for this interview too, all the best to you.

• 3 weeks later...

Huddersfield+Town.gif

Manager reflects on poor season from Terriers !

lee-clark-620-976869986.jpeg

After promotion from league one last season via play-offs , big things were expected from Mar's Terriers this season , back to back promotion seemed very much possible . They started off their season with two wins out of the first 3 matches , something that gave the fans some belief , these victories were fallowed by some mixed results tho . Everything seemed withing their reach still , despite being 10 points off the play-offs , but then they collapsed. Ten consecutive defeats (4 in the PL and 5 in the Founders Cup ) , saw the manager worried over his job as the team was now fearing relegation. A draw against Manchester City ended their bad run and it was only gonna get better for them. What a revival it was , an eight unbeaten run in the league saw them go up to 15th . Now with two matches left , the Terriers see themselves in 16th , 10 points away from relegation .

hudders3.jpg

What are your thoughts on the season ?

Well , it wasn't our best season ,that's for sure. I am a bit disappointed by the fact that the other two teams that promoted last season could do it again and we are not up there with them. Colchester, last season's champions are already promoted to the PL while Bournemouth are in the play-offs with a really good chance of going up. But at the same time , it could be a good thing we didn't go up this season , I wouldn't want my team to be embarrassed by the big boys and I personally don't think we are ready just yet.

What was the lowest point of the season ?

image-3-for-huddersfield-town-fans-celebrate-gallery-684192522.jpg

Our lowest point of the season is definitely that horror run we had mid-January. Fortunately for us, we got that unexpected result against City that lifted our morale .

What was the highest point of the season ?

2925486987-31052011163037.jpg

I think the highest point of our season was the 5-1 victory over Chelsea as well as being unbeaten against last years champions Blackpool over 3 matches , managing two 1-1 results and a 1-0 victory.

What are you plans for next season ?

Anything but a top 6 place next season will be unacceptable, I'm planning on bringing in a few new faces, but that would mean that some will depart our club . I'll make sure that you are the first one to find out any transfer news.