English Championship 7777 - Match Reports,Transfer news etc.

O'Donnell

Re: English Championship 7777 - Match Reports,Transfer news etc.

Play Off Agony For Canaries

444.png3-0290.png

After a long and tiresome season, Norwich City fell at the final hurdle after being comfortably beaten by Sheffield United in the Play Off Final.

The Canaries went in to the game full of confidence after their thrilling 3-2 win at Middlesbrough in the Semi Final. However with half an hour on the clock the Blades took the lead. After being teed up by Lukaku, Javi Garcia tried an ambitious effort that flew into the corner of the net with Rene Adler helpless, and Norwich went into the break a goal down.

5 minutes after the restart, after a swift attack from the Canaries, a Matthew Etherington cross hit the arm of Ya Konan and Norwich were awarded a penalty. Tom Huddlestone, a big player this season for the club stepped up, however his powerful effort was paried away and City missed their big chance to get level.

tom-huddlestone_1578936c.jpg

Missed Opportunity: Huddlestone Misses A Penalty at 1-0

It went from bad to worse. Moments later, Sheffield United won a free kick on the edge of the area which was dispathced brilliantly by Robert Lewandowski to double Sheffiled United's lead. With Norwich manager Joe Robinson making changes to try get the side back in the game, a third and decisive blow was hit by United. A cross from Ricardo Alvarez was headed back across goal by the impressive Lukaku and Adler couldn't keep it out despite his best efforts, and the game finished 3-0 to Sheffield United who go on to play in the Premier League next season.

Norwich Manager Joe Robinson

We're obviously absolutely gutted to have lost in the manner we did. This was the biggest game in the clubs history in 7777 and we didn't really show up today. A feature of our play is to keep hold of the ball and we simply did not do that well enough. If we'd scored the penalty then who knows what might have happened, but Tom has been sensational for us this season and to be fair to the keeper it was a brilliant save. I'm very proud of what we have achieved this season, to get here is no easy task and we've performed superbly well. We'll use this experience going into the new season, and hopefully we can do another job like we did this year. There will be some very big sides coming down from the Prem for next season, also Newcastle are still here, you've got the likes of Leicester, Middlesbrough, Bolton, Birmingham and plenty more, it's a very tough league to get out of, but we'll do our best.

Joe Robinson hasn't messed about with improving the side for next season, as it was revealed this morning that a deal has been struck with Wigan Athletic for winger Victor Moses. Moses had a brief but successful loan spell at Carrow Road and will now make a permanent move with Mendes Elias moving to the DW. Robinson has been a long time admirer of the Nigerian winger, and has now landed a deal to sign him.

31086.jpg42005_1341907376.jpg

New City Faces: Victor Moses & David Alaba

It's also been revealed that the Canaries are looking for 2 loan signings next season. Already coming to Carrow Road next year is versatile Austrian David Alaba from Leeds United as part of the Marvin Martin deal. It is thought Norwich have approached another club for a loanee and the deal could well take place and would indeed strengthen the side for next season.

3434851199.jpg

Sheffield Utd News

Promotion tarnished for the Blades

New £9.6M Brazilian signing Barcellos Taison refused to join in Sheffield United's promotion celebrations last night on hearing that he was signed by mistake.

TaisonBarcellosFreda466262_b.jpg

The only team in Sheffield won an historic playoff final at Wembley on Sunday evening. They came out convincing 3-0 winners against Norfolk's finest, Norwich City, to book a place at the table of the greatest division in the history of football, Division 1 of EC7777.

Goal scorers Javi Garcia, Robet Lewandowski and Romelu Lukaku led the celebrations in what was understood to have been partying on an epic scale (to coin a phrase from the American Pie movies).

However there was one noticable player absent from the epic-ness. Barcellos Taison the recent acqisition from Sao Paulo left the ground in disgust when a club official allegedly told him that an administrative error led to his purchase, when the transfer target was in fact the Sheffield United's favourite sportsman Mike Tyson.

Mike Tyson was contacted and had the following to say:

This must be a joke. I've never kicked a soccerball in my life. I hate the sport' date=' if that's what you call it....

...no actually I would play for LA Galaxy. That David Beckham always has wonderfull hair![/quote']

AP1206180366571-460x307.jpg

I doubt if there will be more to follow...

• 1 month later...

wolves-badge-146x144.jpg

Wolves Report/Update

First Wolves post in 7 months

Obviously there has been a lack of Wolves activity lately, and the last update was about the takeover from Qatari company, QIA after the horrendous time the Midlands club had with its previous 2 owners, including the enormous debt and players threatening to leave etc.

Well now, QIA have lived up to their promises, the £25m invested into the Wolves academy has happened in pre season, with Wolves' youth squad looking very strong, including the likes of Herrmann, Nery and Raheem Sterling.

13480278871348028108l-300x168.jpg

Wolves' upcoming star - Raheem Sterling. QIA invested £25m into Wolves' Academy.

QIA promised to attract top investors after Wolves' triumphant season 2 seasons ago, and they have indeed. Wolves' main sponsor, and shirt sponsor is now the Malaysian oil and gas company, Petronas - who also have very strong links with Mercedes F1 Team. This also means that Mercedes have also invested into Wolves Football Team. And the final top investor is Qatar Airways, which makes sense with the owner's heritage.

Petronas.svg200px-Mercedes-Benz_logo.svg.pngQatar_Airways_Logo.svg

Wolves' top sponsors.

Wolves' fame has exploded since their Premier League and FA Cup win 2 seasons ago. And QIA has put a lot of effort into promoting Wolves around the world, especially in the Middle East and China. Wolves aren't at Man Utd's fame yet, but they are getting there.

The full £200m has not been invested into the training ground just yet, although QIA did say 3 seasons until the project is completed. After 1 1/2 seasons, a total of £120m has been invested and significant improvements have been noticed. The project should be completed midway through next season, which by The Sir Jack Hayward Training Ground will be a Category 1 training facility.

Wolves football ground, Molyneux's capacity is currently at 28,000 but plans to increase that are still in place, but the capacity will be increased to 42,000 at the end of this season, which is a season behind schedule. Then plans to increase the capacity to 50,000 have been put back to 3 seasons time.

Wolves manager Ryan Grosvenor has not spent much recently, as he says the Wolves team only needs 'tweaks' every now and then. So a big overhaul of top players is out of the question. QIA have given a large transfer pot of gold for Grosvenor, although we don't know how much that is, rumours suggest £30m right now. But when Grosvenor wants to make a transfer, he'll get the money instantly.

Wolves finished a lowly 14th last season but currently lie 7th after 10 games this season. Didier Drogba remains top goalscorer and is consistantly amongst the top players in the Premier League.

Transfer news will be announced shortly. Plus a special announcement from QIA regarding Molyneux.

wolves-badge-146x144.jpg

Double Transfer For Wolves

2 players in, 2 players out as Wolves shake up their midfield.

The biggest day for transfers at Wolves for a few seasons. This involves the midfielders of Fernando Gago and Abou Diaby. Both players have agreed and have now completed their moves to fellow Premier League side, Colchester United.

The 2 players from Colchester coming into the Wolves fold are England International, Scott Parker, and Japanese star, Keisuke Honda. The overall deal see's the players effectively swapping with each other, but with Wolves paying £2m to Colchester as well.

In:

10996_1347983798.jpg1212_1345573697.jpg

Out:

8951_1345743938.jpg3467_1346892594.jpg

Wolves manager Ryan Grosvenor had this to say:

I think it's great to shake up our midfield once in a while. Fernando and Abou were getting a little frustrated with the lack of game time, as they were fighting for the same position. I'm happy for them to go to a club where they can be happy and get game time.

I am very excited with my new signings! Scott Parker is an amazing defensive midfielder for his clubs and national team. He will be in the starting line up straight away and this gives an improved protection for our defence. Keisuke will get games as I will shuffle the midfield around to make room, and I love that he is versatile and attacking for a midfielder, more attacking than any of our current ones so he will be very much valued here at Wolves.

One final bit of transfer news for Wolves, which could mean another midfielder may join the already packed out positions. Wolves have had a bid accepted, along with Sunderland and Hull for the Braga centre midfielder, Lucho Gonzalez. The deal will be completed later today. But to whom? We don't know.

New Wolves Midfielder?

3314_1348732815.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

2dm5avt.png

Mandzukic in racism allegations

Mamadou Sakho claims Preston's forward called him 'an ugly monkey' late in the game

Mario-Mandzukic.jpg

It's been a while since the world of 7777 has seen a light of a scandal. It seemed like everything was rosy and everyone got on like one happy family. Until today that is...

Mamadou Sakho, Aston Villa's centre back this morning claimed that Preston's forward Mario Mandzukic insulted him late in the game on Wednesday night, which Aston Villa edged 1-0, in which Sakho was once again intrumental for his side's success. In an interview with VillaTV Sakho said:

I had him in my pocket all game, wherever he was, I was there. I was instructed to keep him quiet, and I did. At around 88th minute mark, I once again closed him down and intercepted a pass to him. I passed it forward to Nigel (De Jong) and he tapped me on the shoulder, and called me an ugly monkey and sprinted away. I did not say anything to him. I could have tipped over, and got a red card, but I remained calm, as my team needs me in the upcoming schedule.

The replays confirm what Mamadou has said, although it's obviously unclear what Mario has said.

75502.jpg

Mamadou Sakho, claims to have been racially abused

English FA are aware of the incident, and has asked for Preston North End to respond by 3pm Sunday, otherwise action may be taken against both Mandzukic and his club.

--------------------------------------------

Subscribe today, to hear the latest from Villa TV.

2dm5avt.png

Aston Villa 2-3 Manchester United

M.ESSIEN 16

J.RODRIGUEZ 28, 70

B.SCHWEINSTEIGER 75

D.MAICON 82

Aston Villa surrender 3 points, despite Rodriguez's brilliance

multimedia-background-image-for-aston-villa-fans-give-their-verdict-on-semi-final-loss-599745054.jpg

Aston Villa had tonight slipped down to 4th place in the Barclays Premierleague after an agonising defeat late in the game. Micheal Essien took an early lead for the visitors, which then sprung Villa into life. United loanee James Rodriguez scored twice for the home side, and Villa pressured for 75 minutes, and looked a safe bet to secure all 3 points. Hugo Lloris was instrumental in keeping United in the game. United however needed just 2 shots to grab all 3 points late on. First a header from Bastian Schweinsteiger drew them level, and then a superb strike from Maicon, who took it past an unsespected fellow Brazilian Cesar. Villa will feel hard done by perhaps, but manager Froz3n still took the positives out of the game:

We played terrific football tonight. Lloris was fantastic for them tonight and that was the difference. If we can continue to play in this style we will do well. I'm proud of all the lads tonight.

The game was marred, by a silly lunge from United striker Wayne Rooney on Mamadou Sakho, which left the French Centre Back requiring treatment, and the injury will likely sideline him for around 2 weeks. Rooney subsequently was sent off, and many experts have already suggested this may have been race related, following the recent scandal involving Sakho and Preston's forward Mario Mandzukic.

1112_PSG_Sakho_Kombouare.jpg

Sakho had to be replaced early on, and will be sidelined for a few weeks.

Manager Froz3n said of the injury:

It is disappointing. I would like to believe this was not race related, as I hate to see this kind of thing still happening in today's game. However Rooney clearly went for Mamadou's ankle, and that is the saddest thing for me. We have a tough schedule coming up, and we'll now have to get through it without our leader at the back. It is sad, but I hope we can manage

• 2 weeks later...

manchester_city_logo_7872.gif

MARTINS INDI PICKS CITY OVER LITTLE VILLA AND THE ALEX !

The 20 year old has been put on the loan list !

00443395565_display_image.jpg?1304907072

Bruno MARTINS INDI has moved to Manchester City from Udinese Calcio on a deal believed to be around £8,550,000.

Beat Aston Villa and Crewe Alexandra to the signing of Martins Indi, I went to the chairmans maximum, still thought they might get him because little clubs get to bid higher but they must of gone to their max.

Hes worth £8.5M in this set up, happy to get him in.

Hes been put on the Loan list, he can go for the rest of the season, should rise to 85 or 86 next time his league gets reviewed so he'll be a good loan signing for somebody in the bottom divisions.

CRISIS AND CONCERN FOR KING AT CHELSEA

2409983-895358-football-manager-and-team-with-head-in-hands.jpg

Chelsea bench disappointed at 3-2 wolves defeat

Chelsea manager Tom King claims club owner Roman Abramovich has promised not to sack him - even if he fails to win a trophy this season but he could if they fail to stay in the 1st Division.

The Blues face Colchester United on Saturday with no win in the last 5 games and in light of Wednesdays defeat to Wolverhampton Wanderers it has raised a number of issues that could accumulate in the dismissal of Manager Tom King possibly ending his 3 season tenure at the club. There are 4 major areas that could lead to the demise of the award winning manager, the clubs poor form, concerns amongst some of the stars of the club, the inabilities of manager Tom King and the tension between Manager and Chairman.

The form of the club has been woeful for the past few seasons missing out on the title for the past 3. With the first season when King took charge half way through aside he has only taken them to two 3rd position finishes when he was expected by fans and chairman to win it and this season looks no better. Despite all the stars at the club they have been unable to gel together to win the league title. This could be put down to unrest at the club with the likes of Guiseppi Rossi looking for more first team football and key striker David Villa in poor recent form possibly due to his transfer listing, furthermore the long term injury of Cristiano Ronaldo has not helped the situation. Although they have won many cup competitions the main aim of the league title has eluded them and it is believed Abramovich is becoming frustrated.

Being only 2 points above the relegation zone with nearly half of the season played it has been reported that Manager Tom King has been given an ultimatum by Chairman Roman Abramovich that if he fails to keep the team in the division then he will be removed from his position as manager of Chelsea FC. Some betting agents are already taking bets on who will take charge of Chelsea if King should be sacked with the odds suggesting Ryan Grosvenor being the favourite with Wrexhams Barnaby Dowling close behind. But the only thing that can be said for certain is that come the end of the season with or without King, Chelsea will be in need of a major overhaul.

Wolves Punish Struggling Chelsea

Win see's Grosvenor's men go 6th but managerial rumours overshadow game

Wolves 3 - 2 Chelsea

Molineux - Attendance: 28,514

Wednesday 31st October

Honda (36)

Drogba (50)

Albiol (58)

Sturridge (68)

Rossi (88)

Wolves bounce back from defeat at Blackburn with a strong win against an uninspired Chelsea, who now lie just 2 points above the relegation zone. Manager Tom King is also struggling to hang onto the sought after job.

Ryan Grosvenor's team raced into a 3-0 lead after 58 minutes, with Keisuke Honda scoring his first goal for the club, Didier Drogba netting against his old team and Raul Albiol scoring the 3rd and vital goal. Chelsea staged a late ambitious comeback but time ran out for them, but they made the game very tense at the end after Rossi's 88th minute goal.

Wolves are now 6th with a decent 27 points. The Season 2 Premier League Champions were aiming for Europa League finish this season, although recent performances suggest that aim has risen to Champions League football for the Midlands club next season. They are only 6 points off 4th placed Arsenal and 7 off leaders Manchester City.

tumblr_m53eh6kJyN1qzkr8go1_400.jpg

Honda scores his first goal for Wolves.

Is Grosvenor Leaving?

With Chelsea's precarious position in the league, Owner Roman Abramovic is of course unhappy with manager Tom King. Even though King has had a very successful reign as boss, could this season be the end of his remarkable Chelsea career? Abramovic is rumoured to be looking elsewhere for possible suitors and if King's form doesn't improve soon, then he'll join all the other top class manager's to be dumped by the London club.

The rumours are already rife about his possible replacement at Chelsea. And the name on many people's lips is Chelsea's Halloween conqueror, Wolves boss Ryan Grosvenor. He has had a great career with Wolves, albeit with some shaky moments in Season 1 and 3, but could he be the man to change Chelsea's fortunes? But would he want to leave Wolves after 3 and a half seasons? After all, Wolves are currently 10 points ahead of Chelsea in the standings.

The coming weeks could be very interesting for Chelsea, and Wolves.

STOCKPORT COUNTRY 1 ........COVENTRY CITY 0

Coventry were very disappointed to go down in their mid week match against Stockport. In a lack lusture game, boom player Philipee Coutinho scored the only goal of the match to sink the blues in a poor showing. Coventry Manager Joshua Matthews found it hard to hide his feelings and was very critical of his sides consistancy. "On our day we can compete with any side, but our problem is playing at a consistant high level week after week. We had almost twice the amounts of shots on target, but we couldn't pop one in. Full credit to Stockport who deserved the points."

On a brighter note Coventry welcomes back favourite son Sabastian Blanco who was traded earlier in the season. Matthews said "We never wanted to let him go, but financial problems and player numbers forced our hand. The day he left was the day we worked to get him back. He's a strike player, that can pull a goal from anywhere and inspires players around him. Hes a fan favourite"

"We would also like to thank Aston Villa for the loan of future great GK Oliver Baumann over a number of games who helped to change our season. We would have loved to have him here full time, but we couldn't keep him financially after aquiring a lower cost GK in a trade deal. Hes a far better player than Divison 3 and I'm sure some of the bigger clubs will have their eyes on him. Thanks for your professionalism Oliver".....Matthews said.

2012_6_19_11_48.jpg

Lionel Messi Vs Cristiano Ronaldo

Messi - Ronaldo

Goals: 46 - 34 Winner: Messi

Assists: 32 - 44 Winner: Ronaldo

Apprences: 80 - 90 Winner: Ronaldo

Goals Per Game: 0.6 - 0.4 Winner: Messi

Assists Per Game: 0.4 - 0.5 Winner: Ronaldo

Average Performance: 7.7 - 7.47 Winner: Messi

Man of the Matches: 22 - 12 Winner: Messi

Yellow Cards: 6 - 11 Winner: Messi

Red Cards: 4 -5 Winner: Messi

So after clubs its Lionel Messi with a 6-3 over Ronaldo. But can Ronaldo pull it back in the internationals?

International

Messi - Ronaldo

Goals: 21 - 9 Winner: Messi

Assists: 24 - 5 Winner: Messi

Average Performance: 8.42 - 7.68 Winner: Messi

Man of the Matches: 8 - 6 Winner: Messi

Yellow Cards: 1-3 Winner Messi

Red Cards: 0-0 Halve

So Ronaldo is the one that flops internationally which means that Lionwl Messi is the better of two with the final score being 11.5 to 3.5

Leo-big.jpg

Messi with the Award

BREAKING NEWS: Rickie Lambert Seeks Exit

7466_1321388385.jpg

Lambert is due a small rise

The 30 year old center foward is seeking an exit from Southampton, used as a bit part player now he does not think he is part of the Manager's future plans, and it looks that way with Eduardo still proving a bargain at under £8m, and new boy Cristaldo leading the top goalscorers table in Division 3. New signing Joel Campbell is also pushing him for his Cup Competition space!

It is understood Rickie Lambert has been talking with QPR, news that has just come through today, will he go to Loftus Road? Or somewhere else?

Lambert is priced at £3,000,000 on the Transfer List.

Big Match Preview

ManCityvSunderland.jpg

Manchester City Vs Sunderland

Its first vs Third with only five goals between them. The Stadium of Light will be the venue for this match. Sunderland have a great Home Record only dropping three points out of eight games but City are undeafted away with five wins and three defeats. There last two encounters have ended with Sunderland winning by two goals both times

Karim Benzema will have to step up for this match with main striker Sergio Aguero. Moussa Dembele could also make his second start this season with David Silva still out. Robert Huth and Chris Smalling will fight for Ryan Shawcross though to him being suspended and Benchwarmer Chris Ledesma is also out.

Left Midfielder Pablo Armero will sit out another game with Luca Antonini taking his place. Sub Vadis Odijdja also out.

The Biggest match up of the game will have to be Karim Benzema versus Ricardo Carvalho. The former team meets will have a great battle but Benzema is just in the better form but he will have to play to his fullest to get past Carvalho.

tumblr_mct6a44vod1qkh9tyo3_250.jpg

Former team meets will face off against each other

Both teams are not the best of form with Sunderland getting nine points out of the last eighteen while City have also got nine. Overall I think this should be a tight game but I think Sunderland will just have a enough to pull through my Prediction is 3-2 Sunderland

Top Notch Prospects - Buy them Now!

Southport FC is embarking on a fundraising drive and willing to part with some top talent from the best leagues in Europe at discount prices:

52520_1347499767.jpg

Chuks Aneke (CM) Rating 76: This Arsenal midfielder has been likened by Arsene Wenger to Abou Diaby. Excellent vision and presence in the middle of the pitch have the pundits tipping him for glory in a very short time.

(Cost: 1.1Million) (SOLD to Southampton)

53466_1346054408.jpg

Marko Livaja (CF) Rating 75: This fast-rising Inter Milan striker has impressed with Inter Milan so far in the early season, including scoring 2 goals in the Champions League. His form has not gone unnoticed and he has been called up to Croatian national side for the first time. Expect a significant ratings increase during the next Italy review.

(Cost 1.85Million)

51116_1349541627.jpg

Adam Coombes (Previously Adam Phillip) (CF) Rating 75: is a young striker, back from injuries and playing on the Chelsea reserve team. A skilled and tough-minded forward he looks set to shine for Chelsea for years to come. Buy him on the cheap now!

(Cost 800,000)

51369_1350058469.jpg

Nathan Byrne (RM/RB) Rating 76: is a young multi-talented right-side player, playing primarily as a RB for Tottenham, but also occasionally as a RM. Grab him now before his rating increases!

(Cost 1.1Million)

After a soul searching week, Coventry bounced back in a much improved performance to beat Yeovil Town 3-0 in the end of week decider. The clubs favourite son Sebastian Blanco returning after a 3 month trade, potted a goal and was voted MOM by his peers. Yeovil was unlucky not to score on several occasions, but an inspired performance from new keeper Yann Sommer ended their hopes........Thanks for the game Yeovil....Unlucky.

King Handed Star Lifeline

Cristiano-Ronaldo-001.jpg

Struggling Blues Manager Tom King has been given a boost to his struggling side in the form of Cristiano Ronaldo recovering from a long term injury ahead of the cup clash tonight against Aldershot at Stamford Bridge.

Ronaldo has been out of action for nearly 7 weeks with a serious back injury sustained against Blackburn on 19th Sept. Ronaldo has only made 6 appearances this season and Chelsea have been struggling without him with no win in 6 this news of Ronaldo returning to training is very welcomed by under pressure boss Tom King. We caught up with the manager and got his take on the recent Ronaldo developments.

“Yeah its great to have Cristiano back we are in need of something fresh to really get the team going, his character and ability is exactly what can really get the side performing again.”

“Its probably too early to say just yet its just great news to get him back into training some time tomorrow. I think Aldershot is probably too soon as he still needs to get back to match fitness but he may make the bench for the cup. We will have to see how training goes but he could be available for West Brom next week.”

“Cris is a major way of how we play, he has been out for so long that getting him back is like signing a new player, this could be the break we get to improve our league position.”

This recent good news for Chelsea has come just in time for tough times at the club which is precariously placed just 2 points the relegation zone, and with fans and chairman becoming increasingly frustrated could Ronaldo be the man to save King?

wolves-badge-146x144.jpg

Molineux To Be Renamed

How does the QNB Arena sound?

A new rich sponsor for Wolves, but this is the end of the historical Molineux name.

Qatari banking giant, Qatar National Bank have agreed a £100 million-a-year deal to sponsor Wolverhampton Wanderers, becoming Wolves' leading sponsor and will gain stadium naming rights from next season onwards. The won't however be the shirt sponsor, although Wolves' shirt sponsor will change from Mercedes to Qatar Airways next season.

So how do the Wolves fans feel? Please leave comments Wolves fans expressing your feelings towards this bold move from the Wolves board.

Is money more important than history for another football club? The likes of Arsenal and Manchester City have succumbed to stadium name changes over the years but nobody expected the Midlands club to go the same way.

QNB-1.png

Is this how the 'QNB Arena' will look?

Big Match Preview

20668.jpg?946738204

Arsenal Vs Sunderland

So once again its Sunderland in the big match for this turn. Its Second vs Fourth with two pointa between them. The Emirates Stadium will be the venue for this match. Arsenal are unbeaten at home this season with five wins and three draws while Sunderland have had three defats away and four ains. There last four encounters have ended with Sunderland winning three times and Arsenal winning once.

Arsenal have a full team to pick from tonight. Sunderland have Ryan Shawcross,Ledesma and Armero all back with benchwarmer Vadis Odjida still out of the team though to a Knee Injury. Arsenal main man this season has been Franck Ribery on the Left Wing and tonight he will come up against former team mate at Bayern Munich Jerome Boateng will be the biggest match up with Ribery being in better form.

512x.jpg

Both in Training for former club Bayern Munich

Tonights match will be cracker with Sunderland hoping to move up to second and Arsenal hoping to move above Manchester City and go top. Im going to say a Arsenal win with team having a fully fit and stronger side over there Oppents. My Prediction is 3-1 Arsenal

816_1351414801.jpg

Southport FC and the Haig Avenue faithful announce the record breaking signing of Stanislav Tecl from Vysocina Jihlava for 1.38 Million.

60444_1348387221.jpg

Stanislav in his first season in the Gambrinus Liga has become the leading scorer in the league with 10 goals and 4 assists from only 12 matches. He has also been getting regular time for the Czech U-21 Squad, with pundits tipping him for his full international in the next several months.

Southport FC has put together a whole new squad of talented prospects purchased from several leading leagues around Europe and is ready for any Division 5 challenge!

Future at Glanford Park is bright

398.png

Ever since promotion to division 1 via play off, Shorpe have invested into a youth system where many top youths have joined the Shorpe revolution.

Manager Riece Monro puts in request for a larger stadium!

Scunthorpe-glanford-park-2-632530_1707633.jpg

The future starting 11.

4-5-1 defensive

Gk-Alex Mccarthy

RB-S.Vrsajko

CB-J.Matip

CB-S.Savic or J.Bruma.

LB-L.Digne

RM-T.Ince

CM-R.Perez

CM-L.Piazon

CM-E.Nsue

LM-J.Iturbe

Fwd-R.Hall

Bench.

T.Horn

D.Potts

F.Bagnack

D.Pavicic

A.Stevanovic

D.Tombides.

James Ward Prowse

Kačaniklić thriving on life at Saints

240px-Alexander_Ka%C4%8Danikli%C4%87_Fulham_v_WBA.jpg

Alexander Kacaniklic

Summarise Southampton in two sentences?:

I just love life here, the staff are amazing, especially away from the Stadium, it just shows that a team isn't all about the beautiful game. My team mates as well, the manager continues to mix us up and give us all a chance.

Your favorite Team Mates?:

Well, got to be Oxlade and Frimpong, the squad is always on such a high with them, I would say all but its just them two that makes playing here so much more fun! We have to put up with the DENCH stuff every now and then though.. :P

Do you think Southampton can push to Automatic Promotion?:

Well it is going to be tough, but halfway through the season and we sit third, so it is possible, big game tonight against MK Dons, if Jonny C (Cristaldo) continues to score and assist then we should have a chance, been a wonder signing by the gaffer.

Where do you see yourself next season?:

Still at the Saints of course! By then I should be at least a regular in the first choice team, pushing into the starting XI, I need to take a bit more of a chance with the games I have currently.

You are in the QF's of the Shield, do you see Southampton winning it?:

Well, my heart.. of course! My brain... hmm.. will be tough of course, Arsenal are up next, I know the manager and Arsenal's manager are on talking terms, not best buddies, but not argumental so we should see a good game, with niether sent to the stands!

Congratulations on breaking through the the Swedish National Squad, Do you owe Southampton this?

Of course, playing with Seb Larsson and Big Nose Ibrah, is a real priviledge and I can bring that back to the team and show how they play, I mean we have world class players in Jordi Alba for example who play with the best so our National squads are a way of gaining new methods to play.

Hope to see you rise soon, in terms of position in the club, and be pushing the likes of Ljajic for starting places!

KEVIN PRINCE BOATENG & SAMPIRISI IN, DEMBELE OUT !

13009577954d8b0a63597df.jpg

Kevin Prince Boateng has completed his move to Manchester City from Colchester United for £4M plus Moussa Dembele

Both happy with the deal, seems fair.

Boateng is out for 9 days with an ankle injury, likely to make his debut on the 24th November when we play Millwall at the Etihad.

Mario-Sampirisi-e1351592747333.jpg

Mario Sampirisi has completed his move to Manchester City from Mansfield Town for £1,200,000

Very happy with the signing of Sampirisi, should get a good rise and its worth hanging onto him for the long term.

Fabio Borini joins City, Ola Toivonen moves into the other direction !

Fabio-Borini-008.jpg

Manchester City have completed a deal with Division 3 side Walsall which saw the Premier league side buy Italian Fabio Borini.

City who are favorites to be the premier league champions this season signed the 21 year old Forward for £5.5M, Ola Toivonen who was a player who really interested Walsall moved to them for £10.5M, the agreed deal was £5M plus Borini for Citys Ola Toivonen.

Toivonen.jpg

Ola Toivonen is hoping to make his Walsall debut at Accrington Stanley on Wednesday evening.

The Man City manager had this to say about the deal:

I am very happy with the deal because Ola wasnt really needed at City and is a player who wasnt near to getting into the first team, the likes of Silva, Yaya, Muller, Gerrard, Boateng etc are all ahead of him so I decided we would let him join Walsall and get Fabio in the deal, Borini is a player who we have been interested in for a long time now, Borini comes in as Citys 4th choice striker behind Aguero, Benzema and Doumbia so City have said that they will not be loaning Borini out as he may be used from the substitute bench in some games.