English Championship 7777 - Match Reports,Transfer news etc.

O'Donnell

Re: English Championship 7777 - Match Reports,Transfer news etc.

Dunk Departs

46907_1321936345.jpg

Bye, Bye Lewis?

Lewis Dunk played his last game for Southampton tonight, it has been agreed that Blackpool are signing him for an estimated £3.2m. Lewis told me the interest from Blackpool and he handed in his transfer request. I thought that as we brought Aaron Martin in earlier in the month the back up was there to let the man go.

46408_1351116301.jpg

Aaron Martin, Dunk's replacement?

The has done and served us well, we wish him the best at Blackpool. Before people suggest that we are Blackpool's feeder club.. Do one! We have made a little bit of money on him, but thats not why we bought him, and not why we sold him, it is in the best thoughts of both clubs.

• 2 weeks later...

Adebayor Makes Wolves Switch

Togo striker joins fellow African Didier Drogba up front

46367855_adebayor512.jpg?w=300&h=168

Wolves finally make serious waves in the transfer market after securing a surprising move for Emmanuel Adebayor.

After negotiations between Colchester boss John Henry and Wolves manager Ryan Grosvenor, the 2 clubs struck a deal which would take the Togolese striker to Molyneux and 2 of Wolves' fringe players the other way.

Tomas Necid, who has been at Wolves since Grosvenor took over as manager 3 seasons ago, will leave Wolves after reports that he is unhappy at the club. Although he has played in recent games.

Mikel San Jose joins Necid at Colchester permanently. He was on loan from the start of the season, with a view to a possible permanent view in the future. Although, no one expected it to be this soon. San Jose was also one of the first signings for Grosvenor 3 seasons ago.

Both clubs seem delighted with the deal.

Adebayor is thrown straight into the Wolves line up for the game against Liverpool tonight.

Sterling Stays

Potential deal for Oxlade-Chamberlain falls through

Alex+Oxlade+Chamberlain+Raheem+Sterling+Jfx5GuKpKI1m.jpg

A move which would see England's brightest star Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain play his trade at Wolves has been called off. The move would have seen another huge English talent in Raheem Sterling leave Molineux for Southampton, along with another player or a substantial transfer fee.

The saga came about when Oxlade-Chamberlain announced that Division 3 was not where he thought he should be playing and if the right offer came about, then he'd listen.

Wolves manager Ryan Grosvenor swiftly made contact with Saints manager Chris Lord and the 2 began informal talks about a potential transfer. The football world caught on quickly and the media exploded. Oxlade was reportedly interested in the high profile move which would see him move to the previous Division 1 Champions.

Lord warned Wolves that only an extremely high offer would take Oxlade to the Midlands. He threw down the gauntlet by insisting on 17 year old Raheem Sterling being part of the deal. An offer which Grosvenor was unsure. Eventually Grosvenor came back with an acceptance of Sterling in the deal. Lord wanted Sterling and cash, in which Grosvenor replied with Sterling and Ghanassy and a lower amount of cash. Lord stalled.

The talks slowed down as both managers were unsure on the entire deal itself.

Grosvenor was mobbed earlier today by the press as he left Molineux. But he managed to say these words for us at Sky Sports:

Raheem isn't going anywhere, he will become one of our best players in the future, as well as an England regular. Alex is an amazing player but Raheem has immense potential, meaning I'd rather keep him instead. Unless Chris is interested in another player of mine, then the deal is a no go.

• 2 weeks later...

Hazard appointed as the new manager of Barnet

223284.jpg

Struggling BlueSq Premier side Barnet have appointed Hazard as their new manager. The London based club have been through a number of caretaker managers since the departure of their previous manager in order to find the right man to lead the club. The Barnet board believes that Hazard is the right man to bring stability to the club during these turbulent times. This is Hazard's first venture into management after completing his coaching badges last month. The Barnet fans were hoping an experienced manager will be at the helm in order to stop the rot, but nonetheless, they're looking forward to see what Hazard can bring to the club.

Hazard signed a 3-year contract and in his first press conference to local journalists at Underhill, he expressed that he is determined to stop Barnet's record run of defeats and he wants to turn the fortunes of the club. He also stated that he will heavily invest in scouting in order to find good players for low prices.

I'm delighted to be appointed as the new manager of Barnet. I would like to thank the chairman for giving me this opportunity to be here and hopefully I will repay him by taking the club to a whole new level. Recently the club haven't been having the best of times; results haven't gone our way' date=' attendances have been at an all time low, but I am determined to stop the run of defeats and turn the fortunes of the club. We currently have a small transfer budget and since we've got a thin squad, we are going to have to rely heavily on scouting in order to find players for low prices. I'm currently making changes in our scouting department and a number of new faces will join us and hopefully they will spot some hidden gems around the globe.[/quote']

Despite being at the helm for two days, Hazard has been already active in the transfer market by signing two players. Sky Sports News sources understands that Guilherme Finkler and Vedran Janjetovic will join the club for a combined fee of £20,000.

2e3oqgy.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Christmas Cracker for York

cabella.jpg

York City today reveled there latest addition to the squad in the shape of Remy Cabella. The 22 year old former Montpellier midfielder put pen to paper earlier this morning on a 4 year deal.

Wayne Harman was clearly delighted with his new addition and went on to say,

Remy is a top player, a magnificent coup for the club. In signing a player of Remy's quality we a sending out a clear message that the club is moving forward in the right direction.

We caught up with Remy this morning ahead of his first training session with his new team mates and he seemed very pleased to be here saying,

York is a great club, and the manager here is very ambitious, Im delighted to be here and am looking forward to helping the club try to gain promotion.

York fans will be hoping Cabella will go straight into the team to play Oldham on Wednesday night. With more new faces expected through the door over the next few days the future is looking bright here at Bootham Cresent.

Bruno ECUELE MANGA To Join York City

bruno-manga.jpg

Manga Will Join York For 10 Million Pounds.

York city are delighted to announce the signing of Bruno ECUELE MANGA from Blackburn Rovers for 10 million pounds. Manga who has made 28 apperances for Blackburn this season is seen as a great addition to Harman's new look squad that has saw 14 new players join since his arrival.

We got to have a little chat with Harman this morning outside the clubs training ground and he had this to say,

Were delighted as its obviously a huge coup for the club and we hope to get many good years out of him. Hes a top defender and at 24 years old he fits into my plans perfectly.

It is understood that he will go straight into the team for the all important game away at Cheltenham Town on wednesday night.

• 2 weeks later...

2dm5avt.png

Aston Villa swoops in for Benzema and Boateng!

Froz3n-It's the start of the bright things to come at Villa Park

Karim+Benzema+Real+Madrid+CF+v+Real+Sociedad+23XFks9eSF4l.jpg

It has been announced this afternoon that Aston Villa Football Club have last night struck a deal with Manchester City to bring in French international Karim Benzema (25) and Ghanian international Kevin Prince Boateng (25) to Villa Park. In what is said to have been swift negotiations lasting no more than half an hour, Manchester City in return will receive Midfielder Claudio Marchisio (26) , Forward Fernando Llorente (27) and Defender Benedikt Howedes (24).

Karim Benzema has completed his medical this morning and is free to play in tomorrow's derby vs Wolves, however Kevin Prince Boateng will arrive after the Wolves clash as he's waiting for international clearance.

Kevin+Prince+Boateng+AC+Milan+v+Zenit+St+Petersburg+EatREEf5HDZl.jpg

Kevin Prince will join Villa during the summer

Manager Froz3n was very excited about the deal saying:

Karim is one of my favourite players in the world. I'm a big fan. There were times in my life when me and Manchester City manager Ben would sit down and play Fifa 12, and I would score goals for a laugh with Benzema, perhaps it was one of the reasons Benzema dropped down in his pecking order at City :P On a more serious note, I'm really glad to have him here,I think it's a good starting piece in the next step of Aston Villa's future as we prepare to play European Football next season and will ultimately try to do better in the league, having world class players like Karim and Marcelo is a huge boost and I hope the fans can appreciate it.

He went on to thank the 3 departing players:

It is with deep regret that I had to part with the 3 players. Claudio especially as he was our boss in that midfield. He was what we called the dictator. He could have turned the game on its head in an instant, but we felt if we are to acquire a world class talent we have to part with world class talent. I wish them all the best of luck at Manchester City.

Marchisio has played 132 times for Aston Villa scoring 17 times and assisting 32, Llorente played 129 times scoring 35 times and assisting 32 whilst Howedes added 59 games to his name scoring 3 times and contributing to 1 assist.

York Win Promotion

BadgeYork_City.png

Great night for York City as they win promotion to league 4 after a 2-3 win away at Crawley Town on the final day of the season. Goals from CISSE, CARCELA-GONZALEZ and DUDA were enough after a tight game.

745069-5.jpg

Delighted york fans on the final whistle.

After the game we managed a quick word with the manager Wayne Harman,

Its a great day for the club, and most importantly the fans. This is the start of a new era for York, we have bought in some great young talent and this is just the start. The hard work starts here and were aware of that. We will look to carry on building on the squad we have put together and hopefully we can go on and have a great season next year.

200px-Burton_Albion_FC_logo.svg.png

Following Burton Albion's disappointing season speculation has been high around Ewan McColl's future at the club with the fans opinions still split on whether or not he is the right manager for the club.

Burton Albion finished in a lowly 23rd position in the league meaning for their first time they have been relegated down to division 5. McColl took over on the 4th of December and during his time in charge his side only managed to pick up 15 points from a possible 51, which for a team who at the start of the season were tipped for a comfortable season turned out to be disastrous.

We caught up with Ewan McColl at Burton's training ground and he had this to say;

I am massively disappointed with how this season turned out, i take responsibility for how are season struggled from when i took over, we where already in a difficult position but it never looked like improving at the end. The signings i made didn't work and the players didnt show any desire until the final 4 games for that i am annoyed.

To find out about McColl's commitment to the job we further asked about would he be staying on into division 5, McColl replied;

My loyalty to the cause should not be questioned, i feel i owe this to the club to get them back up the divisions, i have been making numerous plans since the last game of the season. The fans are hurting right now and its down to me to heal them, the rebuild begins from today, the side that people saw for most of the season will be gone. New players will arrive and players will be sold, me and the chairman have discussed finances and hope to have 30/40 million available around mid to late february. We are looking at some players now and hope to have a few signings made.

Valon-Berisha-480x270.jpg

It is believed that Valon Berisha has agreed terms to join Burton Albion in a £2.3 million deal. McColl also spoke about reports linking him with Lukas Rupp

I had a brief chat with Ed Moses about possibly bringing Lukas Rupp to Burton, unfortunately we couldn't agree on a fee and that is the end of that. Berisha is set to arrive who is a very similar player, great technical ability and has a lot of potential i hope for good things from Valon.

Manchester_City_badge.png

Manchester City transfer news!

Some join and some depart as City prepare for the new season!

Manchester City manager Ben-SCFC has decided to confirm tonight his double deal with midlands club Aston Villa.

City's Karim Benzema and Kevin Prince Boateng join Villa Park, whilst Benedikt Howedes, Claudio Marchisio and Fernando Llorente move to Manchester !

In

nuovo.archivio.foto.howedes.schalke.urla.356x237.jpegCladio-Marchisio-5.jpgFernando-Llorente-23590_200x200.jpg

Out

225px-Benzema_48609.jpgAC-Milan-Kevin-Prince-Boateng-Ghana.jpg

I am happy with the deal, I think most people will probably look at it and think, Villa get the better side, but most the time City play with one forward and that man will be Aguero from now, happy to get Marchisio (can be used as a winger (L), to our midfield and with Muller getting the forward position to his name, he can play with Sergio if we do decided play two up front, if needed we can move Valencia up on right midfield now and play Howedes at RB, gives us some more options.

Montolivo in and Doumbia out !

Yesterday all City fans seemed very surprised at this deal, they didnt hear anything about the champions being interested in Riccardo Montolivo but City say it was a decent offer for Seydou.

Ben-SCFC said the following:

Its a decent swap, looking at our deal with Aston Villa we swap a midfielder and striker and the extra defender we get is Howedes, I have been looking to get a midfielder in for Doumbia and this is what Bolton offered us, the championship club were after a striker and it seemed like a good deal for both sides, only a few days before this was agreed City were talking to Arsenal about Doumbia but in the time they spoke they didnt manage come to a deal.

In

montolivo9.jpg

Out

Seydou-Doumbia-2.jpg

City manager Ben-SCFC apparently fell out with the forward after he kept scoring too many goals against him on Fifa 13!

Huth joins Ewood Park !

Robert-Huth.jpg

In the week, out of favor defender Robert Huth completed his move to fellow premier league side Blackburn Rovers.

The 28 year old defender signed for Rovers on a deal believed to be around £8M.

Huth will be on just over £28K at his new club, the German become available after fellow German Benedikt Howedes was on his way to the Etihad, it was only 11 days before Howedes arrived that Ranocchia completed his move to City from Manchester United so the fact that Huth became frustrated is quite understandable.

Ledesma out!

Midfielder hopes to climb up the table with new club Shorpe !

ledesmalazio_yB.jpg

Shorpe United have had a bid accepted for Manchester City midfielder Cristian Ledesma, the midfielder has struggled to get a regular place in the City starting line up last season and in the second part of the season the Italian went on loan to Hereford United.

The 90 rated midfielder has been to Glanford Park this afternoon for a medical ahead of a £12M move, the midfielder will join up with former City players Martin Montoya, Ognjen Vukojevic and Jake Forster-Caskey.

Ledesma had this to say:

I am very happy about this move, its a new challenge for me and Im glad that ive been able to stay in Division 1, I'm thankful Shorpe came in for me because I know I will get games their and hopefully theres good seasons ahead.

Trybull goes home !

40717.jpg

Tom Trybull has returned to Germany, the 19 year old midfielder spent this season on loan at Barnsley but only managed to make 5 appearances for the club, in his time their he managed 1 assist.

The midfielder went to the club he joined City from (Bremen) for £3.1 million.

ycfc_badge_270.gif

Harman Thanks Cisse

York City today issued a statement revealing the club would not be offering Djibril CISSE a new contract, and he would be heading out of Bootham Cresent. Cisse has been linked with a move to Stade Lavallois in the last few days and Harman has revealed that the french side has had a bid accepted,

Stade Lavallois have had a bid of nearly seven million pounds accepted and Cisse is free to discuss terms. The club has decided that at 31 years old and into the last year on his contract, now was the time for him to move on. We would like to thank him for all his hard work and wish him well in the future, hes had a great time here, scored lots of goals and is one of the reasons we finished the season in 1st place

Djibril-cisse_2166513b.jpg

Cisse says goodbye to fans on the last game of the season at Crawley Town.

Asked if the club would be looking for a replacement Harman went on to say,

There is money to spend and we are in talks with a number of clubs over possible deals. I can confirm that we have had a couple of bids accepted and i hope to bring you more on that in the next 48 hours.

York Confirm BORRIELLO Deal

Badge_York.gif

York City are pleased to announce the signing of Marco BORRIELLO from Manchester United for 4.5 million pounds. Borriello has featured just three times in total for United this season scoring two goals in the process. The italian is seen as the perfect replacement for Djibril Cisse who York let leave earlier this week for a fee of 6.7 million pounds. Marco will sign a 3 year deal, and it is thought he will earn in the region of 30k a week.

th_77785_BorrielloRoma25_122_809lo.jpg

Borriello at Bootham Cresent this morning.

logo-sky1.jpg

Sky sports news caught up with Harman outside the clubs training ground this morning and he had this to say,

Marco will join up with his new team mates in the morning for the first time. We are delighted to pick up a player of his calibre, and im sure he can go on to be a big player for the club. The club is still very active in the market and we are still chasing one, maybe two more players before we will be ready for the new season. We know its gunna be tough after just gaining promotion but i belive we have a good squad here and im sure we can go on and have another good season.

Another One In At Bootham Cresent.

York City this morning have announced the signing of Tavares ADRYAN from Burnley for just 3 million pounds. The 18 year old Brazilian becomes York's second signing in to days after Marco Borriello yesterday. Adryan has attracted attention from several top european clubs since busting on to the scene at Flamengo and Harman is delighted to land his man.

adryan_alevidal62.jpg

ADRYAN, during his first training session with his new team mates this morning.

Adryan is a player i have been tracking for a long time, but we have been unable to reach an agreement with Burnley until now. I belive that Adryan is a top player and a great investment at 3 million pounds. Hes really enjoyed the training this morning and although im not sure he will go straight into the team, watching him train this morning he has certainly given me something to think about.

Asked weather York were done spending Harman went on,

We do have a little bit on money left but at the moment im not sure where this will be spent. After long negotiations yesterday, we are also pleased to announce that another brazilian will follow adryan into Bootham Cresent, in the shape of Manchester United youngster FERNANDO, Lucas. He will join up on a season long loan some time next week.

FernandoLucasMartins_display_image.jpg?1330522883

816_1351414801.jpg

Southport F.C. – Haig Avenue Revival Continues

Season 4 saw an almost entirely brand new squad take the pitch for Southport FC. The Sandgrounders made significant progress as the season wore on. Tough matches, that in previous seasons were blowout loses turned into draws, with a few wins added in here and there. At the end of the season, Southport FC earned their best finish to date in Division 5, with a 14th place finish. Their final record of 15W-13D-18L tied for the most previous wins and amounted to the fewest losses in a season of EC7777. The most striking improvement for the Season 4 squad was the improvement in goal difference from -82 in Season 3 to -2 in Season 4.

With Season 5 starting soon, manager Carter Hayes is not resting on his laurels, scouting the globe with his scouts to find improved talent at every position. New faces sure to make a strong impact in Season 5 have been brought in including: Spartak Moscow GK Sergey Pesyakov, Levante’s midfield playmaker Angel Michel, Kensuke Nagai, London 2012 Olympic standout, and versatile Aston Villa defender Eric Lichaj. Coupled with a strong and developing supporting cast, Southport FC is upbeat about the coming season.

Season 5 – Opening Day Match 11:

GK – Sergey Pesyakov

DL – Masahudu Alhassan

LCB – Jean-Daniel Akpa Akpro

RCB – Milos Ostojic

RB – Eric Lichaj

MC – Angel Michel

LM – Luis Alberto

RM – Kemy Agustien

AM – Stanislav Tecl

FC – Kensuke Nagai

FC – Marko Livaja

The Southport revival began will only two 80-rated players in Season 4, and now features 12 80+ rated players on the squad and hopefully many more to come!

816_1351414801.jpg

Southport F.C. – Haig Avenue Revival Continues

Season 4 saw an almost entirely brand new squad take the pitch for Southport FC. The Sandgrounders made significant progress as the season wore on. Tough matches, that in previous seasons were blowout loses turned into draws, with a few wins added in here and there. At the end of the season, Southport FC earned their best finish to date in Division 5, with a 14th place finish. Their final record of 15W-13D-18L tied for the most previous wins and amounted to the fewest losses in a season of EC7777. The most striking improvement for the Season 4 squad was the improvement in goal difference from -82 in Season 3 to -2 in Season 4.

With Season 5 starting soon, manager Carter Hayes is not resting on his laurels, scouting the globe with his scouts to find improved talent at every position. New faces sure to make a strong impact in Season 5 have been brought in including: Spartak Moscow GK Sergey Pesyakov, Levante’s midfield playmaker Angel Michel, Kensuke Nagai, London 2012 Olympic standout, and versatile Aston Villa defender Eric Lichaj. Coupled with a strong and developing supporting cast, Southport FC is upbeat about the coming season.

Season 5 – Opening Day Match 11:

GK – Sergey Pesyakov

DL – Masahudu Alhassan

LCB – Jean-Daniel Akpa Akpro

RCB – Milos Ostojic

RB – Eric Lichaj

MC – Angel Michel

LM – Luis Alberto

RM – Kemy Agustien

AM – Stanislav Tecl

FC – Kensuke Nagai

FC – Marko Livaja

The Southport revival began will only two 80-rated players in Season 4, and now features 12 80+ rated players on the squad and hopefully many more to come!

• 4 weeks later...

sun-logo.jpg

The only way is up

_52050025_000222615-1.jpg

Yazz had a hit in 1988 with Jackson and Henderson's 1980's classic

In an exclusive interview with The Scum, Sheffield United's manager Gonzodan spoke about his belief that his side can get them selves out of their current crisis.

"We are bottom of Division 1" said Gonzodan. "There is no hiding away from that fact. We had high hopes after finishing 9th in our first season in the top flight of EC7777, but things have not gone to plan. But having realistic expectations for a club of this size is not a bad thing and I am as guilty as anybody, that we got carried away with our selves a little".

"We have strengthened the side recently. Oscar has come into the team and has done very well and although our new signing Callejon's appearances have been limited due to injury, he will be back and give us an extra dimension going forward. I really do think the only way is up".

After 6 games played and only one point gained, Sheffield United are 20th in Division 1.

boycott_the_sun.jpg

26-02-13

brighton292-269187_478x359.jpg

Brighton & Hove Albion Week In Pictures

Nigel-Adkins-001.jpg

New Manager Brighton Manager Aaron Duffy celebrating Promotion to the Premier League with Leeds United in early 2012. Duffy has returned to the footballing world after 6 months away from the game but has surprised the British press by choosing to Return with the Division three seagulls after being lined up for more high profile jobs.

CharlieAustin.jpg

The Seagulls started have started well under New Boss Duffy with a 2-2 draw away against Doncaster and a 5-2 Victory against Coventry at the Amex, English Forward Gary Hooper has impressed his new boss scoring 4 goals over the two league fixtures. The Forward is set to paired with Scottish Forward Stephen Fletcher as Duffy looks to establish a all British Front line.

59526hp2.jpg

Italian Stallion Daniele Galloppa Joined the Seagulls Early on Sunday Morning, The 27 year old Former Parma Midfielder capped twice by Italy Joined in a deal which saw Alexandu Epureanu and Nenatarvicius Mike Head to PSG. The Midfielder is well known in Italy for being a playmaker with outstanding reading of the game, excellent vision and an ability to deliver incisive passes.

benoit_costil.jpg

French Goalkeeper Benoit Costil came to the Amex early on Tuesday morning to sign a 3 year year deal, the keeper signed from fellow south coast club Portsmouth for 8.3M after the departure of Kameni back to Malaga late on Sunday night.

MEET THE MANAGER - LEEDS SUPREMO "The Butcher of Montevideo"

tumblr_m2g8jrGtto1qz4gev.jpg

LEEDS UNITED'S MANAGER "THE BUTCHER OF MONTEVIDEO" SPEAKS ABOUT HIS ROLE AT THE SLEEPING GIANTS

" I know that my appointment came as a surprise to many Leeds fans.

Having neither played, managed nor watched a game of football at the highest level - there were some who questioned my suitability for the job.

To those people I can only say - I was the cheapest option, having been unemployed in any capacity since the late 1980s".

Leeds' financial problems are well documented, yet few realise that when the Butcher assumed control in 2012 the club was in the black and established as a first division club.

Both situations changed dramatically as the Butcher made an immediate impact.

Leeds barely won a match in the top flight during his first half season in charge.

Relegation was confirmed in spite of a last match win and the club was unable to do business in the transfer market as The Butcher invested heavily with club funds in the redecoration of his office and a series of midseason trips to Amsterdam and Bangkok on "talent scouting missions".

As relegation loomed and calls mounted for the manager's head, he was summoned to meet the Chairman at a secret location.

Details are sketchy as to what happened at that meeting, other than a set of photographs and tapes of phone calls were handed over to the Chairman in a brown envelope.

The Butcher was immediately handed a new five year contract on improved terms.

This season has seen an improvement in Leeds' fortunes and after 9 matches they currently sit in one of the playoff places in division 2 with 5 wins and 2 defeats to their name.

A spokesman for the Leeds' Supporters Club had this to say about the Manager's performance.

"We have a team which is better on paper than any other in Division 2. We have Reus and Falcao at the club who would walk into any side in the world. A monkey could take this club up."

Asked how the fans would react if the Butcher won promotion the spokesman added.

"We would almost certainly raise a statue outside Elland Road and place the manager underneath it".

Morecambe still looking to sell their star striker, Stefanos ATHANASIADIS to make funds available to add depth to the squad in all areas.

stepha_zps83c4bbcb.jpg

Stefanos ATHANASIADIS

Greek international has had a meeting with new manager Veigas and understands the situation and accepts it, even tho he is sad that he will be leaving soon. We understand that the manager is willing to listen to any cash offers or p/e plus cash deals.

Morecambe manager had the following to say.

Will be a shame to let our best striker go, but no one is bigger than the club and we need to add the depth soon to keep up the good form. We have spoken and I've explained the situation to him and he accepted. In the future who knows he might well come back, he knows he is admired and loved by our fans.

04-03-13

brighton292-269187_478x359.jpg

Brighton & Hove Albion Week In Pictures

Javier%252BZanetti.jpg

Former Seagulls Captain Javier Zanetti, Waving good bye to fans at the Amex after completing his £12M move to bitter Rivals palace. The 39 year olds departure has been taken well with fans supporting the new boss Aaron Duffy's decision who has sighted the Argentine's wages as the main reason behind the deal.

mossoro.jpg

Brazilian Midfielder Marcio Mossoro joins the Seagulls from Sporting de Braga in a straight swap for Aussie Midfielder Brett Holman. The 29 year old joined on a 2 year deal.

Alessio-Cerci.jpg

Italian Attacking midfielder Alessio Cerci arrived at the club early this morning signing a 3 year deal moving from Italian side Ascoli, the 25 year old has been known to work with Duffy in the past and has been signed for his versatility. Ascoli received Hélder Barbosa + £2M in return for Cerci with Seagulls fans expecting lots from the new arrival. Cerci becomes the Second Italian to sign under new boss Duffy after Danielle Galloppa signed last week.

hosiner726apa051112.jpg

Austrian Goal scoring Machine Phillipp Hosiner Joined the Seagulls today in a deal which saw Thomas Hitzlsperger head the other direction, the Austrian, 23 has been in fine form for Wein scoring 20 goals in 18 league games this season and has been linked to a number of Bundesliga and Top European sides. Seagulls Boss Duffy is said to have signed the Forward as cover for Gary Hooper and Steven Fletcher with Roman Pavluchenko expecting to be shown the door in the coming days.

bd7c9cc2-1809-4c6f-b31c-247fad2b30f0_500.jpg

Gullys Girls celebrating infront of 6,000 seagulls supporters after a 1-0 victory over league leaders Reading. Duffy was in mixed emotions after the fixture which saw him take Brighton to Five game unbeaten four of which we're wins since his arrival, however the manager was quick to critisise the Supporters who opted to stay home and watch the game on Tele rather than attend calling them "Sofa Fans" saying they should buck up there prioritys and drag there Fat Lazy A**e's down to the ground and watch promotion happen. The Victory capped off a week which saw the Seagulls beat Cardiff 4-2 away from home and Duffy pick up Manager of the week for his effort.

York Get There Man

satelite_tv_sky_sports_news_hd_logo.jpg

York City this morning compleated the signing of Marco Van Ginkel from Exeter City for a club record fee of 12 million pounds. Sky sports understands that Van Ginkel has been a long term target of Harman's and he is clearly delighted with his latest addition.

5620130510_a758d98eab_z.jpg

Marco at York's training ground for the first time this morning to meet up with his new team mates.

Sky sports caught up with Harman this morning to get his thoughts on there new signing,

Delighted to bring in Marco, hes a great player, one that ive been watching for a long time now. Hes young and determined to do well, he has a lot to his game and will also chip in with a few goals. We are building a great young side here at York and he will fit in very well. There is still cash to spend and after selling of a couple of fringe players earlier in the week we can still expect to see one or two more faces arriving over the next few days..

York City have turned into a bit of a surprise package this season after getting promoted last season, in Harman's first season in charge and currently top the table after 13 games picking up 29 points and only Bradford City have a better goal difference. Asked weather this could continue Harman went on,

We have built a good young squad and with the backing of the chairman we have been able to attract some very good players. We have a small squad so we need a bit of luck with injury's, but so long as we don't start getting lots of injury's then Im sure we can go on to have another great season and hopefully get into division 3 which is obviously our goal at the moment. We have a tough game against my brothers Cheltenham Town next in the league, but at the moment confidence in the dressing room is high and the lads genuinely believe they can beat anyone, the latest additions will only improve out team and give us more options, and in signing a player of Van Ginkel's quality we are sending out a message, that York City is a club on the up.

Another Two In At York

Another two faces join York this afternoon in what can only be described as a great day for the club. This morning Marco van Ginkel put pen to paper on a 5 year deal here at Bootham Cresent after signing for 12 million pounds from Exeter City. This afternoon, York city have confirmed the signing's of Teemu PUKKI and Leandro SALINO both thought to be on long term contracts.

teemu-pukki-74180.jpg

Teemu PUKKI

photo_mini

Leandro SALINO

Harman could not hide his delight after a very busy day in the market,

We had to beat off competition from a few clubs for Pukki who is a good talent and will give me something to think about over the coming weeks reguarding selection. Salino is a tidy player also that will be a massive help to us of the course of the season, being so versatile. The squad is coming on now and we have good competition for places all over the park.

It is thought that Pukki might be given his debut at home to Stockport County in the cup on monday night, as Harman is sure to rest his strongest eleven after making it clear early in the season that Promotion was all that mattered to the club this season.

• 2 weeks later...

_57783308_albionbadgeedit.jpg

Seagulls Sign Trio

369929_1.jpg

Negredo linking up with former boss

The Seagulls today announced there third signing within a week with the arrival of Dusan Basta from Darlington which followed Alvaro Negredo from Getafe and Aparecido Naldo from German side Augsburg earlier in the week. The three signings we're said to have been targets of Duffy's since taking over at the south coast side a few weeks ago along with a number of other potential targets.

Spanish forward Alvaro Negredo Was the first signing with the 27 old joining up with his former manager from there time at Leeds, the seagulls faced fierce competition from a number of teams with Shorpe and Leyton Orient having made large bids for the much in demand forward however after rejecting Shorpe down to location and Orient not being able to offer good enough terms Negredo made the choice to play at Brighton signing a 2 year deal on 44k a week. Duffy and Negredo go back to the opening season of 7777 where the Spanish forward had two impressive spells at Duffy's former club Leeds scoring scoring 26 goals in 54 appearances while providing 12 assists over the two spells, this lead to Negredo winning the player of the year award in the first season for the club an Duffy praising the Forward on numerous occasions however the love affair ended when the opportunity arrived of bringing Colombian forward Falcao to Elland road with Alvaro going to Rovers which didn't end well. The Seagulls traded away Russian forward Roman Pavlyuchenko and Greek Midfielder Zeca heading to spain.

Werder-Bremen-defender-Naldo-optimistic-for-the-season-and-insists-he-will-fight-for-his-place-90046.jpg

Brazilian Naldo's arrival has excited Albion Fans

The second signing of the week came in the shape of experienced Brazilian centre back Naldo, the 30 year old was signed from Bundesliga side Augsburg in a swap deal which saw Turkish left back Koboysi and cash move in the opposite direction, the signing of Naldo had been planned for some time by the management at the Amex with the defender being seen as a good addition to cover the first choice partnership of Distin and Godin, Naldo was subject of a bid from Prem side Blackpool however choose first team football at the Amex. Naldo's signing has delighted fans however it could of been so much better with the seagulls missing out on another Brazilian Defender in the shape of Rever to the ever improving league rivals at Forest Green. Naldo could be seen in a Brighton shirt as soon as Wednesday night with Godin struggling for fitness.

xcmyhy.jpg

Fresh from Darlington, Dusan ready for action

Serbian International Dusan Basta was the final arrival from Darlington with unhappy Brazilian center back Xanado moving in the opposite direction, the 28 year old who can play a number of positions has been noted by fans and pundits as potentially the most useful signing made by Duffy since his arrival. Darlington fans we're very unhappy with Manager Harry Redknapp decision to sell the fan favorite who had made 116 appearances scoring 17 goals, Brighton fans will be hoping he can emulate this form after his move.

Alongside the three permanent signings Albion have picked up midfielder Jacob Butterfield from Chelsea and Center Back Bacelar Douglas from Blackpool as cover for the remainder of the season due to the new boss missing out on key targets which negatively affected bringing in other players.

Duffy:

I'm Delighted we have had the opportunity to bring these players into the club, there arrivals should help us reach our ambitions which of course is promotion to Division Two. It's great to be reunited with Alvaro we had a fantastic run together at Leeds during our time there and he will hopefully provide the goals which Pav has been providing but on a more regular basis. The squads taken shape now I can only really seeing us do one more bit of business so id like to reassure Seagulls fans all the excitement will be over soon and we can concentrate on the on field events.

169kzlt.png

To learn to succeed, you must first learn to fail

4th of December 2012 Ewan McColl took charge of a Burton Albion team that was spiralling rapidly out of control and looked destined for a difficult end to the season. In the 17 league games Burton Albion failed to show any sort of improvement which would have suggested they had what it would take to stay up. Picking up a total of only 10 points out of a possible 51 it was confirmed that Burton Albion would be playing their football in Division 5 the following season.

In this interview Ewan McColl opens up about the struggles his team has faced and the self doubt he put on himself.

o94ci1.png

Mame Diouf, Tomas Sivok, Miguel Custodio, Jorge Valdivia

Q1) Why did it go so horribly wrong after taking over?

When i took over i didnt think much of the team i had so i made a lot of player changes with some big names signing up e.g. Tomas Sivok, Miguel Custodio, Mame Diouf and Jorge Valdivia. All of them have international pedigree but none of them showed a desire to win. I personally struggled to find a combination which brought the best out of the players and the lack of squad depth meant i was using players who needed more time to recover from the previous game.

Q2) With this being your first time of being relegated did you ever consider giving up?

I would be pretending if i said no, the natural reaction to failure is to give up but it all depends on your character and the type of person you are. If i had quit it would not have made sense, i knew i would have money to spend and it would be my first full season in charge of the club, Michael Jordan said it best when he once said "To learn to succeed, you must first learn to fail" that is the approach i have with this team and we hit our lowest point the end of last season so now it can only get better.

Slowly but surely McColl has made changes to his squad and his style of football, out with the big names who failed to make an impression and in with a new more youthful setup. The Burton Albion squad now is almost unrecognizable to the one that finished so poorly last season and the start of the current season. A select few experienced players have been kept to add a spine for the team and a base on which the current side is built.

2agvxgp.png

Valon Berisha

Signings such as Valon Berisha, Pierre-Michel Lasogga, Vladimir Darida and Douglas Pereira are players with potential to reach high levels and at an age range of 20-22 show they have a long time in the game ahead of them.

Despite this though Burton Albion struggled at the start of the season as they did the previous season. A recent change in tactics to McColls preferred methods has finally seen that his decision to stay might have been right for both him and Burton Albion. 7 wins from the last 9 games including 2 big victories over higher division teams backs up the theory that Burton Albion are looking back on track.

xd89wh.png

What is next for Burton Albion is still yet to be known but if they can continue on the run of form of late then the hopes of securing a play off spot and a chance to return to division 4 might just be on the cards.

-------------------------------------------------

f1few.png

Mato Jajalo and Jorge Molina

Burton Albion have also confirmed that 2 players are set arrive within the next 24 hours to complete their transfer deals. It is believed the 2 players are Jorge Molina from Real Betis and Mato Jajalo from FC Koln.

Jorge Molina is a powerful forward who is near the peak of his career at the age of 30, whereas Mato Jajalo is an attack minded midfield with the versatility to play any of the AM roles.

37743219_pl.jpgman-city-badge.jpg37749990_pl.jpg

Manchester City news!

England forward Danny Welbeck completes his move to the Etihad!

Manchester City have completed the signing of 22 year old Danny Welbeck.

Last week there was a bust up during training at West Ham and Danny Welbeck was said to be involved in it, Welbeck later fell out with manager Hyina and handed in a transfer request.

West Ham accepted his request to leave Upton Park and Manchester City were one of the first clubs to ask about the forward, later on the clubs went on to agree a deal, over £8.4M went to London alongside defender Stefan Radu and forward Andreas Weimann.

Bruno Martins Indi will now be the back up left back for City in place of Radu and Andreas Weimann probably wouldnt ever be a starter for City so its a good deal for the football club.

Danny Welbeck said this after arriving at the Etihad early before the mornings training session:

I am very pleased to be at such a great club, City are the current champions and will go on to challenge for more trophys, unfortunately we went out of the Capital One Cup and F.A Cup quite early but this season so far we are still in the Champions League and are in the last 16, we also have a chance of winning the league again, Im just proud to be here to be honest, I cant wait for my first game and Ill be playing with some brilliant players, really happy right now. :)

I dont want to mention anything about what happened at West Ham in training, ive already started to move on and now ive left the club im not going go on about the incident and how bad the club was, I respect the club and the manager.

Danny-Welbeck-008.jpg

Danny Welbeck in action for England over six weeks ago in the 0-1 win at Romania, the striker scored the winning goal.

Welbeck has started 133 games in his career and come on from the bench 18 times, in that time he has scored 80 goals, got 33 assists and has been MOTM 37 times, a great record.

Danny is hoping to be in the squad for the home game against Nottingham Forest tonight but the manager might make him watch from the stands as he hasnt been at the club very long at all!