English Championship 7777 - Match Reports,Transfer news etc.

Re: English Championship 7777 - Match Reports,Transfer news etc.

WELBECK SIGNING

A very good piece of business for the Man City manager - well done.

I think most observers will agree that you got the better of the deal - Weimann, though fantastic, is a bit behind Welbeck in terms of "proven international quality". Over time, this could turn out to be a good deal for West Ham/ Hyina, but I think the immediate benefits are all for Man City.

• Replies 771
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: English Championship 7777 - Match Reports,Transfer news etc. Mid-Season Report 1. Millwall. Who would have thought this Millwall team would be top at the halfway point? They were runni

Re: English Championship 7777 - Match Reports,Transfer news etc. 7777 Road to promotion Barclays Premier League Manchester City- No surprise that they are 4th.Currently one of the best t

Re: English Championship 7777 - Match Reports,Transfer news etc. Welcome to the first ever 'The Week in 7777 or a Sunday Night Show with Froz3n' hosted by me Froz3n I should probably introdu

i1ff2f.png

De Sciglio and Kondogbia Arrive at the Reebok! Cleverely and Suso Depart

Bolton fans woke up to a very big surprise when immensely talented Italian fullback Mattia De Sciglio and the highly rated Frenchman, Geoffrey Kondogbia were seen walking into the Reebok Stadium. The duo who were playing for Division 4 side Cheltenham are the latest signings by Jay Gonzanez to bolster the Bolton squad. Cheltenham boss Tony Harman and Jay were in extensive negotiations and finally came to an agreement which saw Tom Cleverly and Suso depart from Bolton to Cheltenham and the duo of De Sciglio and Kondogbia along with a cash fee of 4 million coming to Bolton. The fans no doubt were saddened at the loss of Cleverly but they, in return have got two amazing young players with bright futures ahead of them. Cleverly since arriving at Bolton from Upton Park, struggled to cement his place in the team, facing severe competition from the likes of Adam Maher and Roberto Firmino along with others. It was then no surprise to see Jay looking to offload the Englishman. Suso, who also joined Bolton from West Ham, found himself way down the pecking order at Bolton and had no real part in the team. Manager Jay is a fan of De Sciglio who without doubt is one of the most talented young full backs in football today. De Sciglio will provide serious competition for Camilo Zuniga (Bolton's current right back) and may well be preferred over the Columbian for the remainder of the season. Kondogbia is another extremely talented young player who at just 20 had shown just how good he is and that he is ready for anything. The duo will have a big role to play in the future for Bolton and may yet have an important role to play for Bolton this season. Manager Jay was certainly very excited with his two signings, this is what he said in his statement when asked about the duo:

I'm delighted that I've managed to bring these two to the Reebok. They're both fantastic young players who at a very young age are already very mature and have loads of potential. They're the future of the club, no doubt about that. Both of them will definitely see the pitch this season as well as I know they're both already capable of playing at the top. I'm going to be working hard with both of them to improve them as players and make sure they live upto their potential. Bringing them in did have a price as we saw both Cleverley and Suso depart but it's a price I'm happy to pay for Kondogbia and De Sciglio. I wish both Clevz and Suso the best of luck at their new clubs and I hope they find success.

The manager is certainly very pleased with his new signings as are the fans. Manager Jay has shown that he is focusing not only on the present but also giving importance to the future of the club. Football pundits and the Bolton fans are eagerly watching to see De Sciglio and Kondogbia in action and to see how the duo will fare at Bolton.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQO09-OYMBXmspoj2_7RHntTMS5cOqbC2z66WEvgSmz1pjwoxl1

Serious competition for Camilo Zuniga

FINANCIAL CRISIS AT LEEDS COULD SEE TOP PLAYERS DEPART

The financially crippled Division 2 leaders lurch from week to week trying to make ends meet.

With the club nearly £5m in debt and losing £500k a week, the pressure is building on manager The Butcher of Montevideo to off load some of his higher earners, a move that the under-fire novice manager is desperate to resist.

"We just had a terrific result at Everton yesterday to reach the quarter finals of the Cup. However, we actually lost money on the tie - which is the story of our season so far. Some great performances - but no money coming in"

The SMFA has already imposed a transfer ban on the Yorkshire club - but the manager does not fear for his job.

"The Chairman said publicly that he thinks I have "a shrewd tactical brain" - which I think tells you media guys all that you need to know"

The Leeds Chairman, however, was quick to dismiss his manager's claims.

"What I actually said was that he "has a Shrew's tactical brain" - if I could get rid of him, I would"

The voracious mamiferous insectivore is now 5/1 on to replace The Butcher as Leeds manager at the season end.

picture.php?pictureid=3216&albumid=449&dl=1364921845&thumb=1

next manager of Leeds?

The Butcher, though, sees light at the end of the tunnel.

"If we can get promotion, then the prize money and Div 1 gate receipts could ease the situation longer term.

However, to get out of Div 2 we need to string together two long, unbeaten runs. We're having one now - but need another in the second half of the season to keep the momentum going.

If we get up to div 1, there's no way we will stay there and compete for honours with the squad we have - we simply can't field our top players week-in week out.

One option I will consider is letting one of our top players go in exchange for two in return that are "on the way up". I'd sacrifice having a world class lineup for having a solid one that would allow us to field a 90 ranked team each match"

Papiss Cissé may well be one player who would be available. In spite of an excellent goals per game record and being a first team regular IRL, the African striker has found his first-team starts restricted by the excellent form of Reus and Falcao.

picture.php?pictureid=3208&albumid=453&dl=1364420554&thumb=1Papiss Cissé - too good for Leeds?

2dm5avt.png

Villa land Jakub Blaszczykowski!

Kuba-My Premierleague dream comes true

kuba_blaszczykowski_920x517.jpg

Aston Villa fans woke up this morning to some very exciting news. Polish wide man Jakub Blaszczykowski has agreed to join Villa from League 1 outfit Cardiff City. 'Kuba' revealed it has been a struggle for him to be there under a previous neglectful manager and how he relishes his chance to perform on the biggest stage.

Villa.TV spoke exclusively with the player:

Jakub, welcome to Villa. How are you feeling?

Thank you. I'm delighted to be here. It's a big club with a rich history. I'm looking forward to adding to it.

Your transfer came about really soon after Cardiff appointed their new manager, Zac Clarke. Can you reveal the process of how things happened last night?

Our previous manager was very hard to talk to. He was never there, I was ready to leave Cardiff for a while now, the only thing stopping me was the old manager who kept avoiding the players, which resulted in our relegation too. I spoke to Mr.Clarke upon his arrival and welcomed him to Cardiff, but I told him straight away I do not want to be a part of this team any longer. He granted my wish, and within hours, numerous clubs got in touch, and I chose Aston Villa, with whom they've arranged the deal straight away.

Fantastic. We're glad to have you here Jakub, and are happy things worked out smoothly. What made you chose Aston Villa ahead of other clubs?

First of all, It has been my lifelong dream to play in the Premierleague, It's the home to majority of the world's finest players. Tottenham,Blackpool and Sheffield United were the other 3 Premierleague clubs who got in touch, but Aston Villa stood out the most for me. I was assured of first team opportunities, and knowing they have one of the best youth academies, the future is bright here.

Thank you Jakub, and good luck on your debut.

My pleasure. Thank you!

'Kuba' arrives in exchange for Kevin Prince Boateng plus £5m.

Subscribe to Villa.TV today for only £2.99 a month to hear more Aston Villa exclusives.

• 2 weeks later...

picture.php?pictureid=3239&albumid=449&dl=1366225766&thumb=1

HALF SEASON REVIEW - LEEDS UNITED

Div 2

Pre-Season Objective : Promotion

Updated Objective : Avoid bankruptcy, sell ground, hijack plane.

------------------

On Field Performances

Not a bad first half of the season for Leeds.

Not too many defeats , manageable injuries to date, a decent cup run and couple of fairly good unbeaten spells.

Worst performance was home Shield defeat (0-2) v FGR. Never in the game and an inept tactical display by the Manager.

Best performance - probably the 1-0 Cup win away at Div 1 Everton.

Outlook: We need another good unbeaten run at some stage of the second half of the season to stay in contention for one of the top 6 slots.

Lots of good sides around and any poor run of results could be critical

Club Management

Managerial control of the the financial area have helped draft the club's business plan for the next three seasons.

In order to eventually break even and avoid going into administration Leeds have to get promoted to Division 1 this season, win it at the first attempt and then win the Champions League and both domestic trophies for the next three seasons as well as qualifying for the World Cup.

(just like Leeds in real life, really)

Transfer Outlook

As we can't buy any players, it's clear that the current squad will have to get us by for the immediate future, if not longer.

Thankfully, we have some genuine stars in Reus, Alaba and Falcao - who would be welcomed at any club in Div 1.

However, the average rating is 89 in the first team squad and that won't be enough to challenge the big boys of Div 1, if we eventually get there.

A lack of potential 90s amongst the squad players we have is a real concern.

All hope for being competitive in EC7777 therefore rests on some substantial risers emerging amongst the youth team in the next 2-3 seasons.

With the likes of Emre Can, Samir Yesil, Sam Byram, Ben Davies, Eric Dier and Luke Shaw in that group, we have some cause to be optimistic.

• 3 weeks later...

yeAHBOI_zpsf790b0c5.jpg

Wainwright Takes The Reins

BY YU SUM REPORTER

You'd be forgiven if the first thing you do when you hear the name Sam Wainwright is to look at the person next to you with a quizzical look. Not known by many, the young Englishman took over as manager at Reading Football Club this week and is eager to get going with his new team. I went to see him at Readings training ground Hogwood Park to see how he was getting on.

Not one for formalities Sam comes over to greet me with an embracing hug reminiscent of a long lost child returning home, I must reiterate at this point that this is the first time I have met the Worcestershire based man.

Yu Sum: So Sam, how does it feel to be back in management after such a long time out and turning your back on management for a good year or 2?

Sam: Well Yu, I didn't turn my back on management as such, I love the job and all the pro's and cons you can find with it. I merely needed a break away from it to spend time with the people I care about most.

Yu Sum: and with returning to management with a team like Reading, do you believe you have the hunger and desire that you once had when managing Everton all those years ago?

Sam: Without a doubt, there's no denying that I was at my happiest when managing Everton in the World Championship 2 but I left there on fantastic terms and I hope one day to go back, but this is now, Reading are a fantastic team with a great history and the most loyal fan base I have seen in years. I hope to repay them with good results and attractive football.

Yu Sum: You've joined Reading half way through the season, lying in 3rd and 2 points off the automatic promotion spots, do you think your team has what it takes to make that all important jump into division 2?

Sam: I know I've only been here a few days, but looking at the team in training and out on the pitch, we have a very promising squad, we have some phenomenally gifted individuals but we also have fantastic squad players too. I will be doing my utmost for this team, and I expect the same from every one of my players.

Yu Sum: You oversaw your first game on Wednesday night at home to an in-form Derby County team, how did you see that result?

Sam: There were positives for sure, we played very well, of course every manager dreams of starting off with 3 points in their first game, but life is not always what you hope it will be.

Yu Sum: You're away at struggling Portsmouth on Saturday night, should this be a routine win for The Royals?

Sam: Not at all, Portsmouth have a very strong team and a great manager, no game is ever a routine win. We will have to play brilliantly to beat Portsmouth on the weekend and I know the players will come through for the team and give the best performance they can.

Osvaldo-Jadson-Paulo-Foto-Cabral_LANIMA20130130_0004_38.jpg

Jadson and Osvaldo during training

Yu Sum: Some people say your Brazilian contingent are the key to your teams success, would you be inclined to agree?

Sam: No. All of my players are key to success, if you start singling players out, they can get uncomfortable with the media around them or even cocky and the players the aren't singled out feel that they aren't noticed or good enough and that makes them uncomfortable or even angry in some instances. We have a very strong team and I know our Brazilians are in good form, but I also know that our non-Brazilians are in form also.

Yu Sum: In terms of your transfer policy, what exactly are you looking for?

Sam: I am already incredibly happy with the team we have here at our disposal. I have my eye on a couple of youngsters and maybe two or more players that can be added to the squad to give us more depth but obviously I won't be discussing this with you as other managers could be reading this in tomorrows papers! (Laughs)

Yu Sum: Well thank you for your time Sam and I wish you luck for the rest of the season.

Sam: Thank you very much

Annual Saints Quiz won by Lallana and Anne Hegerty!

Traditionally each year, Southampton sit a 'pub quiz' with famous people, and this year, Adam Lallana was paired with Anne Hegerty the quizzer from the Chase.

1st - Adam Lallana and Anne Hegerty

2nd - Simon Mignolet and Ian Hislop

3rd - Carl Jenkinson and Hugh Dennis

Wooden Spoon - Oxlade-Chamberlain and Jack Whitehall

the-chase-celebrity-anne-hegerty.png

The Formidable Foe in Anne Hegerty

It was a laugh, we did pretty well, was lucky to be drawn with her, unlike Ox, unfortunately he had Jack Whitehall to contend with, some quite funny answers, how they got some questions wrong I don't know, Ox couldn't stop laughing and Jack had hold of the pen. At least he didn't get in hot water like at the Big Fat Quiz of the Year.

- Adam Lallana, Reserve Captain.

Yes, I got called, and I thought why not, it is always nice to have some fresh competition, but in fact, it was more of a walk through, Adam answered most of the sporty questions as they aren't my forte.

- Anne Hegerty, The Governess.

I would like to thank all the celebrities for attending, Anne Hegerty, Jack Whitehall, Ian Hislop and many more. May it continue for many years to come. In total we raised over £2m for charities in around Southampton

- Chris Lord, Southampton Manager.

The peaceful revolution has started at Newport

Will the signing of
Marcos Vitorino as the new manager payoff for the Exiles?

As you may know Newport County is a small team from a small town near Cardiff which best result in the League was a 10th place in Div 5 in the 1st season. After that they have been tumbling down and they are now regulars in the last positions of the table. With the recent signing of a new manager the feeling across the town is that something could be changing. We went there to see it
in loco.

In Marcos presentation press conference the chairman told us
"The team needs a new direction and a renewed ambition
We thank Marcos for accepting the challenge and we expect no less than his full dedication and commitment. He has a lot of work to do but we are here to support him and give him the conditions to achieve our goals.
"

Marcos on the other hand told us "
the Club faces a very difficult situation, the morale is low, the supporters are not involved with the team, the sponsors moved away and we have to work hard to revert the situation!"
and added
"for me this is the right place to be at this time. If it was easy, for sure another one would be here in my place. Let's start working!"

We now have to wait and see if Newport County is finally on the right track and if this whole new enthusiasm will be maintained or it's just another wave that will pass with time. We'll keep you posted.

We now have to wait and see if Newport County is finally on the right track and if this whole new enthusiasm will be maintained or it's just another wave that will pass with time. We'll keep you posted.[/size][/indent]

welcome and good luck mate, about time someone gave them a chance!

2wn9wsw.png

SPANISH DUO SET TO ARRIVE

2 Spanish stars are expected to join Burton Albion later today, in what is seen as a coup for Burton they are getting 2 players with vast experience and are in the peak form of their lives.

2z9h7xd.png

Joan Verdu is a playmaker currently with Espanyol, linked with numerous clubs in Spain and England his future is still as of yet unclear but at a current rating of 88 he is a player who is deserving of an 89 depending on what happens this summer.

Alberto De La Bella has simply had the year of his life in footballing terms, Real Sociedad are flying high and still in contention for a champions league spot. De La Bella has been a consistent starter in this side. Europa League is a guarantee so he should easily stay 88 but if they do manage to get into the champions league i can see him getting an 89 next season.

I am delighted to be welcoming both Verdu and Del Boy to the club. Both are fantastic players and now that the stabilizing period at Burton is over i feel i was in the correct position to go after players of this talent without upsetting the core of the side. We are a crucial point in our season so i hope both can slot in to the side and help in our push for promotion. More so the arrival of Verdu than Del Boy will mean i am going to be having a tactical reshuffle to try and get the best out of him like the forest green rovers manager did in season 3 when he assisted 35 goals in only 28 games.

Re: Respuesta: English Championship 7777 - Match Reports,Transfer news etc.

200px-Eastbourne_Borough_FC_logo.svg.png

Eastbourne Borough

I'm the new coach of Eastbourne and come to meet the following objectives.

• Retrieve the club financially. Currently in the red.
  • Build a team from defense
  • A team of men' date=' not names
    [*']Enjoy the cups
  • Promote to 4th division, maximum two seasons.

I´m sorry for you, the coach has come to EC 7777

Many have come, many have tried, a lot have failed... only the strongest succeed in EC7777

Getting out of the red is a challenge in itself for all lower division sides

Good luck "The Coach"

• 4 weeks later...

680.png

Wolves On The Brink

1 of 5 teams will go down on the final day

_66148032_143260112.jpg

Ryan Grosvenor faces dark times if his Wolves side are relegated on Wednesday evening. The Midland side had won the Premier League just 3 seasons earlier, but with a loss against 8th place Shorpe and Crystal Palace not losing would mean that Wolves would be relegated for the first time under Grosvenor. The Championship is trickier than ever and it would take a huge effort for Wolves to bounce back. Grosvenor's transfer policies have been under scrutiny as he has made no significant signings this season and the fans have become slightly restless after the successful times before. The team is ageing and new blood would need to be brought in if Wolves were to survive next season, or be promoted. All in all, the manager, the club and the fans will have a nervous 90 minutes ahead of them.

A Wolves win would almost guarantee safety, unless all the teams around them win and Crystal Palace win by 4 more goals than Wolves. But Wolves face a tough Shorpe side who are on course for a European place next season and are unbeaten in 4 games.

Opponent Fact File:

safe_image.php?d=AQCBB4baHFTpZJ-j&w=155&h=114&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.scunthorpe-united.co.uk%2Fcms_images%2Fteam%2Fscunthorpe-utd-crest70-20539.png

Team - Shorpe United

Manager - Riece Monro

Stadium - Glanford Park

League Position - 8th

Points - 51

Last 6 Games - WLWDDW

Highest Rated Player - Diego Milito (92)

Player to watch - Martin Montoya

Highest Transfer Fee Paid This Season - Diego Milito (£12m)

Numbers

11 - Number of signings this season.

12 - Number of Homegrown players.

159.4 - Value of Shorpe's squad.

RyBet Odds

Wolves Win - 3/1

Draw - 14/5

Shorpe Win - 3/4

Possible Line Ups

Weidenfeller

Vorm

Heitinga

Iraola

Schmelzer

Dominguez

Gallas

Matip

Albiol

Tomkins

Neustadter

Diame

Diego

Montoya

Rolfes

Michu

Adebayor

Milito

Hernanes

Ledesma

Drogba

Ince

b96e1e_d25b9cb10c441ed440aaa301de04d3db.jpg_128

Interview:

What are your chances of staying up?

Anyone can go down to be honest, but I have full confidence in the team that we can pull out a win against Shorpe. And that should be enough to stay up. Of course anything can happen on the final day and we will hopefully survive.

skynewshd_jimcharlotte.jpg

Wolves Press Conference

qatar_screenshot_2414949e.jpg

'Wolves Owners QIA have ordered a late press conference just hours after a dramatic final day of the season which sent the Midland side down. They have sent representatives to talk to the press about their relegation and are expected to announce their stance on manager Ryan Grosvenor's future at the club. Rumours are now rife and the feeling is that Grosvenor will be sacked after 5 years at the club.

The last few years have been troublesome behind the scenes for Wolves, with various debt problems and ownership changes, but through all of that, Ryan has stayed manager and has brought much success to the club, with the highlight being the league and cup double in Season 2.

Sacking him for leading them to relegation after doing so well previously would seem ridiculous from one point of view, but perhaps a new start would benefit Wolves? And a new manager could lead them to previous glories. But would it be wrong to deny Grosvenor the chance to earn promotion? Whatever the decision, it will be a tough one for the owners.

We now go live to the conference at the QNB Arena:'

QIA Representative:

Hello, I'd like to thanks you all for coming at this late hour, I know it's been a hectic and disappointing day for everyone at Wolves but we feel that the earlier a decision is made, the easier it would be for everyone involved.

Of course you are all wondering about the managers position and that is the reason why we have called this conference. This early decision will greatly benefit Wolverhampton Wanderers but it will also shut down the speculation about Ryan Grosvenor's position.

The owners are currently in Qatar on business but have been in contact with the club as well as Ryan Grosvenor himself. There were long discussions straight after the match and they have asked us to deliver their conclusion.

After 5 successful seasons at Wolves, this is Ryan Grosvenor's worst moment. We don't deny that. He is a loyal, strong minded man and most of all he is a quality manager that could manage anywhere and be a success. We owe a lot to him after all he has done for us and he does have 1 year left on his contract.

It is with great pleasure that we can formally announce that Ryan Grosvenor will continue as manager of Wolverhampton Wanders Football Club for next season. His contract will not be terminated early and we will look at renewing his contract in due course.

Thank you for listening.

'Wow. We were not expecting that! But there you have it, Ryan Grosvenor WILL be the Wolves manager next season, allowing him to bounce back with the team he relegated.

That is your breaking news from Sky Sports, up next we have a round up of today's goals from the Championship...'

wolves-badge-146x144.jpg

Wolves Plan For Championship Life

Every player is available, 13 are placed on Transfer List

Following Wolves' dramatic relegation from the Premier League on the final day of the season, manager Ryan Grosvenor is set to offload at least 13 players and has made every player available for transfer in a dramatic attempt to shake the team up and to turn around their fortunes.

Grosvenor has reportedly been in touch with various managers about deals and is expected to be extremely busy throughout the summer. Don't be surprised if you don't recognise the team come next season.

Most notably, veterans Scott Parker and William Gallas have been placed on the transfer list, along with Emmanuel Adebayor, Ribas Diego, Matias Cassani and Raul Albiol. Manu Del Moral, Pedro Leon, Leon Britton and John Heitinga are noteworthy transfer listee's.

Emmanuel-Adebayor-008.jpg

Adebayor and Parker could be shock departures from Grosvenor's side.

southampton_main_1562726o.jpg

The Team

Mignolet

Jenkinson -- Tasci -- Mangala -- Alba ©

Mamaev -- Biglia

Honda

Dzageov -- Giroud -- Campbell

Subs: Gazzaniga, Stephens, Frimpong, Schniederlin, Barkley, Hughes, Vellios

Southampton Season Review

Newly promoted to tier 2 of English Championship 7777 the Manager's expectations were to at least survive especially after the amount of talent within the division. Jordi Alba continued to lead the side following another series of possible rumours about him leaving the side. Quotes throughout by the Manager himself.

35895.jpg

Alba continued as Captain

Leeds United from the start looked like the favourite. Southampton quickly made good work of the transfer market signing some marquee players such as Olivier Giroud for the talisman until then of Eduardo Da Silva and top goalscorer Jonathan Cristaldo.

15177.jpg

Giroud, worth the Gamble?

Keisuke Honda was also a end of season buy for Adem Ljajic before this season started. Southampton had some real bite on paper in front of goal, but it took a while before they began to gel. Leaving Southampton in the relegation for the beginning of the season. It was a real worry with the Chairman even considering sacking the manager after the poor string of results.

Mid-way through the season Simon Kjaer decided to walk after feeling fed up with the current situation, a strange deal as he left for Leicester City who were hardly doing impressive themselves. The arrival of Serdar Tasci for the also unsettled Fabricio Coloccini and the Slobadan Rajokvic who failed to present himself when given the chances. The shock was when Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain left for Liverpool and established Russian Alan Dzageov came as his replacement, Alan teaming up with former team-mates Keisuke Honda and Pavel Mamaev.

10996.jpg

Keisuke Honda, when Saints were unbeatable, he was.

The team began to gel with the chemistry that was made, a strong midfield of Lucas Biglia, Pavel Mamaev and Keisuke Honda led the passing game for most games, leaving Dzageov and Campbell or Lallana free to roam the wings for easy goals for either Honda or Giroud. A spell of 8 games occoured when if Honda did not score Southampton did not gain a point.

Keisuke was a real gem of a deal, Wolverhampton must of been biting their teeth when they saw how well he was playing. Especially following his rise, but I see that our former player Adem Ljajic was picking up the pace near the end of the season

Following this Southampton broke their unbeaten run record to 9 games. This slowly led themselves from relegation candidates to possible play-off contenders, most saw them as the team to worry about, they heavily dented Swansea and Newcastle's hopes of promotion on that run.

The usual slump which fans have become accustomed to throughout the life of 7777 came after, which relatively ended all hopes of promotion. The manager got so annoyed to the extent that Adam Lallana at one stage was the highest rated player on the pitch. This realistically ended the promotion challenge.

I only did it to show what drive and determination the youth had to play, and to warn the first team I wasn't afraid of dropping them if they had poor games.
I think the lack of consistency let us down, no offence to Carl but that was where we lacked the edge in the right-side of defence and midfield. I will be looking into increasing our presence on that side of the pitch.

Competition Review

13th in Division 2

----- 20W 5D 21L

Round 2 Championship Cup

----- Southampton 1 - 0 Stevenage

----- Cambridge 0 - 0 Southampton (Cambridge 4-2 on Penalties)

Round 1 Championship Shield

----- Southampton 0 - 2 Leeds United

Statistics

Keisuke Honda scored 16 goals from midfield making him the ninth top goal scorer and Olivier Giroud scored 13. Although Olivier did make the top average player table in twentieth.

Surprisingly Joel Campbell was in the top 12 in terms of assists this season.

Olivier Giroud picked up a 7 man of the match displays putting him joint fifth, and Keisuke Honda 6, putting him joint sixth.

New Records Broken

Biggest Away League Win - Wrexham 1 - 7 Southampton

Most League games won in a row - 8 - 6 Apr 2013 to 1 May 2013

Most League games unbeaten in a row - 9 - 3 Apr 2013 to 1 May 2013

Back To Back Titles For York City

yorkcity.png

Wednesday nights victory away to Dagenham and Redbridge saw York City win promotion to League 3. Manager Wayne Harman could not hide his delight when intervied this afternoon about how well City's season had gone,

After winning the division 5 title in my first season in charge to be sitting here now with the division 4 title is a great achievement for the club, and is just reward for all the hard work that has been put in by everyone involved at York City. We have had another fine season played some great stuff and deserve to be where we are, we have some good players now although the squad is a bit smaller than I would like. Now that the season is over it could be time to let one or two of our better players go as the club is in the red and needs to sell before we can consider buying. Id like to say thanks to the clubs that we have loaned players from as they have been a massive help, thanks to the players for making it another great season and thanks to the fans, you have been great as ever all season long.

Asked how well his team could do next season in Division 3 he went on,

Its a tough league with some good sides but on our day I think we are a very tough team to beat. We have young players that are only going to improve season on season. With a couple of decent additions to the squad then I think we can again go on and have another good season.

Delight for City Fans

_60368502_yorkcity.jpg

2dm5avt.png

Aston Villa Open Transfer Season!

Kuba leaves in swap for Sterling and Herrmann

Sterman.png

Aston Villa.TV can exclusively announce that on the first day of the Summer Transfer Window Aston Villa have brought in Raheem Sterling and Patrick Herrmann from rivals Wolverhampton Wanderers in exchange for Polish winger Jakub 'Kuba' Blaszczykowski. Rumours gathered this morning that Kuba who only joined Villa in January Transfer Window felt unsettled and asked to leave the club. Manager Frozy made quick negotiations with recently relegated Wolverhampton Wanderers.

Patrick Hermann was unavailable for an interview but Sterling gave his comments:

Going down hurt me, it hurt us all. Manager Ryan announced that changes are to be made, and that a host of us was to leave providing clubs come calling with the right price. Soon after Frozy called us and it being a Premierleague team and furthermore from Birmingham, it was a no brainer for me. I just bought a new house here last month and did not want to relocate so early. Villa are known to have the best youth academy in Europe and I'll be glad to join them. There's some terrific players here, and I will not be disappointed If I don't make the first team straight away or go on loan. I know I need to work hard to be playing here regularly, but this is the right environment for me to progress as a player.

Manager Frozy, said:

I'm happy. These players will fit right in. I wish Kuba the best of luck in the Championship, I'm sure he will be a big boost to help them return to the Premierleague soon.

Kuba played 18 times for Aston Villa scoring 8 times and assisting once.

Last night,Lass Diarra, and Beltrame Wesley left the club as well for a combined £20m to Blackpool and Arsenal respectively. Yacine Brahimi is rumoured to leave this week too.

Subscribe to Villa.TV today for only £2.99 a month to hear more Aston Villa exclusives.

2dm5avt.png

More players join Birminghams finest

Aston Villa scoop 3 more stars as Damiao departs

newplayrz.png

Last night, whilst enjoying a late night basketball game, Aston Villas manager Frozy got a phonecall from the Premierleague Champions Manchester United, inquiring about Villas prolific centre forward Leandro Damiao (23). Negotiations took no more than 5 mins, and Damiao was woken up from his sleep, and rushed to Manchester where he arrived in early hours of the morning. In exchange Aston Villa were offered Dutch forward Luuk De Jong (22), midfield general Lucas Fernando (21) and a youth star Jody Lukoki (20).

Manager Frozy, commented:

After Rick contacted me late last night, with the offer that was put in front of me I knew he's not messing about. We've had over 10 bids for Damiao during his time, but they all think they can get a cheap bargain here. We are aware of his potential, and so clearly was Rick. I appreciate such a smooth negotiator, I believe the transfer market would come alive with more people like him.

In terms of the players we got in exchange, we have a Dutch striker De Jong, who'll hopefully do as good a job as Damiao did when he was coming through here at Villa, A star in the making that's Lucas Fernando, with Diarra and Wesley departing, he will play a vital role in next season's campaign, and we have Jody Lukoki who will just further strengthen our amazing youth academy.

Aston Villa would like to thank Leandro Damiao, who played 20 times in the league scoring a total of 10 goals, plus a further 22 appearances in the cups, scoring 15 goals.

AlBYE!

Jordi-Alba-of-Spain-008.jpg

After weeks of speculation, Jordi Alba has moved from the Saints, and in the big deal of the close season, which will probably not be beaten. Jordi Alba will become part of a menacing left-side, which includes Welsh Wizard Gareth Bale.

13524.jpg

Division 1 beware, Bale looks happy with the deal

Yeah, gaffer said he liked Alba, and how he played, he was at Southampton, my former club, for so long, I can see why he loved it there. It is sad to see Jack (Wilshere) he was great person within our squad. I can't wait to team up with Jordi, and I wish Jack and Rafael the best.

In return Southampton are getting two players, who have yet to show their quality because of the amount of depth United have. Jack Wilshere, and the talented right-back of Rafael Da Silva.

34811.jpg

Rafael, most think he will automatically to oust Jenkinson

I can't work to wait with Southampton, they have such a youthful squad, filled with bags of potential. The manager is never afraid to play the youngsters, and I'm only 22! Great that Jack is coming with me, will be hard to settle as I was at United for so long.
35327.jpg

Wilshere didn't get a chance to shine at United

Southampton has a great history, and many players have come up through their ranks, former team mates Theo Walcott and Gareth Bale, and the legend that is Alan Shearer. I hope to be the one who shows the talent what they can achieve, I am a huge admirer of Keisuke Honda and it will be great to work alongside him. I also re-join my team-mates in Olivier (Giroud), Jenks (Carl Jenkinson) and Frimmy (Emmanuel Frimpong). I want to be in Division 1 the season after next!

img_4233737_340.jpg

Saints Boss grinning like a Cheshire Cat

Hardest decision of my managerial career, Jordi was our first signing, to think for £3,000,000 and a player which doesn't exist on the database anymore. He was a brilliant Captain and left-back that offered stability and attacking edge down the left-hand side with either Adam (Lallana) or Joey (Joel Campbell). We get two great youths in part-exchange, a fan of both, and with a bit of negiotation we got both of them. Our aims for next season are promotion. I am glad to announce that Keisuke Honda will now be the new Southampton captain, with Simon Mignolet being reserve. Adam Lallana will continue to captain the B side. Very exciting as much more will happen in the close season.

myrecordbook3.gif

EC 7777 Records Part 1

The Least amount of wins by a team in a single season is held by Newport County who had 1 win in Season Three.

The Most wins by a team in a single season is held by Forest Green who won 38 times in Season Three.

The Least Amount of draws by a team in a single season is held by Wolves who had 2 draws in Season Three.

The Most Amount of draws by a team in a single season is held by Leicester City who had 19 draws in Season Three

The Least Amount of Loses by a team in a single season is held by York City who lost 3 times in Season Three.

The Most Amount of loses by a team in a single season is held by New Port who both lost 39 times in Season Three

The Most Goals scored in a single season is held by Kettering Town who scored 149 goals in Season Three

Ian-Roper-001.jpg

This Image was see a lot by Kettering Fans in Season Three

The Least Goals scored in a single season is held by Oldham who scored 29 goals in Season Two

The Least Amount of goals conceded in a single season is held by Grimsby Town who conceded 35 Goals in Season Two

The Most Amount of goals conceded in a single season is held by Newport County who conceded 191 goals in Season Three

The Most goals scored by a single player in a single season is held by Jamie Mackie of Luton Town who scored 36 goals in Season Three

The highest average rating by a player (With more than 10 appearances) in a single season is held by Ikechukwu Uche (Cambridge United) who had an average of 8.79

in Season Four

The Most Assists by a player in a single season is held by Joan Verdu (Forest Green) who assisted 35 times in Season 3.

The Most Man of the matches by a player in a single season is held by Jamie Mackie who was Man of the Match in 17 games in Season 3

The Most amount of money spent on a single player is 30 Million which Manchester City spent on Karim Benzema

93321.jpg

Record Transfer Fee in EC 7777

Forest Green Rovers announce loanees for season 7

FGR released a new list of talent available to loan out again for the new season. Several have agreed extensions to last seasons clubs and some new faces have appeared.

The current shortlist (pre arranged deals listed)

MIELITZ, Sebastian - GK 23 86 > York City

KOLASINAC, Sead - D(LC),DM© 20 82 >AVAILABLE

RÜDIGER, Antonio - D(RC) 20 82 >AVAILABLE

UÇAN, Salih - DM,M,AM© 19 83 > AVAILABLE

MONTES, Luis AM(RLC) 27 83 > AVAILABLE

TRIGUEROS, Manu AM(RLC) 21 83 > AVAILABLE

ALAN, Carvalho AM,F© 23 84 > AVAILABLE

Please make further inquiries to Mr Hutchinson at FGR.

2dm5avt.png

Examining Villas transfer

We take a look at an evolution of one transfer

C984333A.png

Blue will highlight the players current age

Red will highlight the players current rating

Ever wondered how to turn a few of your deadwood into a handfull of great players? Well look no further than this story, courtesy of Aston Villa.TV archives.

We start of in 27/05/11. Over two years ago now, when 7777 just opened it's doors to the public. That day Frozy traded Brad Friedel (42,89) , Habib Beye (35,82) and £2.8M for Roberto Soldado of Valencia (28,91).

We are now in 08/01/12. Frozy gets bored of Soldado and decides to shift him away. Blackburn come calling and for Roberto Soldado (28,91) Frozy receives Olivier Giroud (26,90) and Rasmus Elm (25,89)

07/06/12. Huddersfield needing a shake up in their team, negotiate to a transfer that sends Rasmus Elm (25,89) their way in exchange for Leroy Fer (23,88)

Two weeks later 21/06/12 Frozy comes to an agreement with Norwich to exchange Olivier Giroud (26,90) for Leandro Damiao (23,90) and Jesus Juan (22,86)

It seemed impossible for Frozy to depart ways with Leandro Damiao, however exactly one year after he joined the club 21/06/13, Manchester United put up an irresistible bid that sent Leandro Damiao (23,90) and £690k to Manchester United in exchange for Luuk De Jong (22,89) , Lucas Fernando (21,88) and Jody Lukoki (20,82).

*Please note that, at the time some players ratings were different*

TOTAL TRADE:

IN:

Luuk De Jong (22,89)

Lucas Fernando (21,88)

Jody Lukoki (20,82)

Jesus Juan (22,86)

Leroy Fer (23,88)

OUT:

Brad Friedel (42,89)

Habib Beye (35,82)

£3.4M

2dm5avt.png

Examining Villas transfer

We take a look at an evolution of one transfer

C984333A.png

Blue will highlight the players current age

Red will highlight the players current rating

Ever wondered how to turn a few of your deadwood into a handfull of great players? Well look no further than this story' date=' courtesy of Aston Villa.TV archives.[/i']

We start of in 27/05/11. Over two years ago now, when 7777 just opened it's doors to the public. That day Frozy traded Brad Friedel (42,89) , Habib Beye (35,82) and £2.8M for Roberto Soldado of Valencia (28,91).

We are now in 08/01/12. Frozy gets bored of Soldado and decides to shift him away. Blackburn come calling and for Roberto Soldado (28,91) Frozy receives Olivier Giroud (26,90) and Rasmus Elm (25,89)

07/06/12. Huddersfield needing a shake up in their team, negotiate to a transfer that sends Rasmus Elm (25,89) their way in exchange for Leroy Fer (23,88)

Two weeks later 21/06/12 Frozy comes to an agreement with Norwich to exchange Olivier Giroud (26,90) for Leandro Damiao (23,90) and Jesus Juan (22,86)

It seemed impossible for Frozy to depart ways with Leandro Damiao, however exactly one year after he joined the club 21/06/13, Manchester United put up an irresistible bid that sent Leandro Damiao (23,90) and £690k to Manchester United in exchange for Luuk De Jong (22,89) , Lucas Fernando (21,88) and Jody Lukoki (20,82).

*Please note that, at the time some players ratings were different*

TOTAL TRADE:

IN:

Luuk De Jong (22,89)

Lucas Fernando (21,88)

Jody Lukoki (20,82)

Jesus Juan (22,86)

Leroy Fer (23,88)

OUT:

Brad Friedel (42,89)

Habib Beye (35,82)

£3.4M