English Championship 7777 - Match Reports,Transfer news etc.

O'Donnell

Re: English Championship 7777 - Match Reports,Transfer news etc.

Burton_Albion_0.png

Homecoming for Sivok on return to Burton Albion

Tomas-Sivok.jpg

Many Burton Albion fans at the time were left scratching their heads in bemusement at the decision to allow the at the time captain Tomas Sivok to leave the club following Burton's relegation to division 5.

4 months have passed since Sivok left Burton Albion to join Galatasaray for a fee of £6.3 million and recent reports have suggested that Sivok has been spotted back in England to finalize his return to his former club. It is seen as an interesting U-turn by McColl after claims he made following his sides relegation last season that his players never looked up for the challenge.

Although Sivok only made 21 appearances for Burton in his previous spell at the club he was one of the fans favourites due to his leadership and versatility and the feedback from Burtons fans about the potential re-signing of Sivok has been met with 91% positivity with only a few feeling he may not be cut out for the return.

Denis and Henrique also set for Burton Albion spells

German-Denis.jpgtumblr_static_69hqgj3w28zet6g60q8r.png

2 other players are also expected to be announced as new signings for Burton Albion within the next 24 hours. German Denis is expected to arrive from Ajax for a fee around £5 million + youngster Dellatorre. Considered to be a very good striker he may see a change in approach at Burton now with Denis, Molina and Lasogga battling for a place in the starting XI.

Jorge Henrique is also expected to arrive from Internacional for a fee of £3 million. A well known player in Brazil following spells with Botofogo, Corinthians and Internacional reports in Brazil suggest that the player felt this was his last chance to make a name for himself in europe and hoped his time in England would be very successful.

Both players bring vasts amount of experience to Burton Albions side and will follow the recent experienced signings of Alberto De La Bella and Joan Verdu.

4762.pngNewport County finishes last in Division 5

Could next season be better at Rodney Parade?

Now that we get to the end of the season it is time to look back and analyze what happened to the Welsh team. We can say that there were two different seasons along this one, the period before Marcos Vitorino took the team, and the period after.

Until the 24th turn, the Welsh could only achieve to draw twice. Two points in 24 games as a result of a lot of changes in management and no dedication at all. The average rating of the team was an admirable 75. After turn 24, and with Marcos commitment to the project, the work was hard but we can see some changes. 7 wins and 8 more draws, along with 7 defeats, 29 points in total. Despite all this, the season numbers are disastrous, 128 conceded goals is a hard number, just to give you an idea.

Vitorino brought in a mix of players from different origins to blend them together and get a team. Names like Andrew Crofts, André Martins, Aydin Yilmaz, José Fonte or Edinho. More working force than talent we can say
!
The average rating is now 83, still low to give a good replica. Management will play a key role in the team’s performance.

The coming season will be though, the last places of the table seems to be reserved to the Exiles. The team is too short and the cash is not available for the necessary changes. We have to wait and see if they have the knowledge and the will to fight against the odds.

i1ff2f.png

Bolton Complete Benteke Signing!

Benteke.jpg

Bolton Wanderers have completed the signing of the Belgian Beast, Christian Benteke from Division 5 side Altrincham. Altrincham manager Allen Turing had done his beast to keep the 22 year old at the club but he realized he couldn't keep Benteke at the club for much longer, Benteke was destined for greater things.

Bolton manager Hancock is a known admirer of Benteke and was very quick to contact Altrincham. The deal was finalised within two days as Geoffrey Kondogbia and Izet Hajrovic along with an additional 2m was given to secure the secure the services of Benteke.

Benteke is expected to play an important role for Bolton in the upcoming season as Hancock is reported to be looking to off-load Lukas Podolski after a fall-out with the German. Bolton had a bad season and one of the main reasons for their dismal performance was that they relied too much on their Captain - Juan Mata. Bolton fans will be hoping Benteke can add the fire-power which Bolton need.

This is what Hancock had to say about Benteke:

"I'm delighted to sign Benteke, he's an amazing young player and a great striker. We had a disappointing season but we have very high hopes for the upcoming season especially now that Benteke has signed. I'm confident that he can take some of the pressure of Mata and do what he does best - score goals."

nuovo.archivio.foto.howedes.schalke.urla.538x358.jpeg

Just 3 days after completing the signing of Benteke, Bolton Wanderers announced their second signing of the transfers season with 25 year old Benedikt Howedes signing for the club from Premier League Giants Manchester City.

City manager Ben was not keen on letting the German go but he was in looking to bring in a quality CM so that his squad would be a bit more balanced whereas Bolton were desperately in need of a top-class defender. Going the other way to the Etihad is 24 year old Brazilian Junior Paulinho and 20 year old Chibsah.

Howedes will without a doubt jump straight into the Bolton Starting XI and is likely to partner experienced veteran Jeremy Toulalan in the center of defence. With the signing of Howedes, Bolton have one of the best CB pairings in Division 2 with Howedes partnering Toulalan in defence. Howedes is a massive addition to the squad and the Bolton squad is looking very very good as the new season approaches. This is what Bolton manager Hancock told reporters when asked about Howedes:

"I'm delighted to add Howedes to my squad, he's an amazing defender and a huge addition to our team. I was in search of a top-class defender to partner Toulalan in defence and in Howedes I've got a defender who has everything I was looking for. He's a very experienced defender and he's still very young and will only improve from here on in. Paulinho is a very good player and I'm sad to see him leave but it's a price I'm willing to pay to bring in Howedes. We have a lot of CM options with the likes of Gundogan, Maher and Mikel and although we have some very talented young defenders, we needed someone who has a lot of experience and will continue to improve and Howedes is our man. I wish Paulinho the best of luck at his new club.

Bolton Wanderers have completed the signing of the Belgian Beast' date=' Christian Benteke from Division 5 side Altrincham. Altrincham manager Allen Turing had done his beast to keep the 22 year old at the club but he realized he couldn't keep Benteke at the club for much longer, Benteke was destined for greater things.

[/quote']

The Altrincham manager released the following statement;

Benteke showed great promise two seasons ago when he held his own in keeping a position in our attack amidst competition from stronger players. His hard work paid off with a three point bump at the start of this season and he has been the star player and top scorer this year with 18 goals in the league. It is hard to overstate the influence he has had in keeping Altrincham at the top end of the division.

There has been a lot of interest in Benteke over the season and we have always resisted but with the sad early retirement of our veteran captain Stiliyan Petrov, it was imperative that we secured a strong central midfielder to lead us into next season. Kondogbia will provide that and is obviously a future star, just as Christian was when he first joined us.

My priority when securing a deal for Benteke was to make sure he would go where he would get regular games and to secure two young talents in the exchange to strengthen our squad depth. Our second transfer in the deal was for Izet Hajrovic, who even at the age of 21 has already got a lot of games behind him. Hajrovic will take the place that loanee Wahbi Khazri has been filling this season, which will allow us to use loan deals to strengthen our defence.

We wish Benteke all the best at his new club and we hope he can add silverware to the Cup runner-up medal he received with us.

2dm5avt.png

Aston Villa release squad list

Villa hand out numbers ahead of new season

766575AstonVilla1314AwayKit.jpg

ASTON VILLA FIRST TEAM:

Goalkeepers:

#1 Thibaut Courtois

#19 Oliver Baumann

#25 Matheus Caldeira

Defenders:

#2 Micah Richards

#3 Mamadou Sakho ©

#4 Adil Rami

#15 Jetro Willems

#18 Victor Ruiz

#24 Sebastian Jung

#26 Alex Sandro

Midfielders:

#5 Lucas Fernando

#6 Leroy Fer

#8 Jordan Ayew

#10 Wesley Sneijder

#11 Younes Belhanda

#13 Patrick Herrmann

#18 Mohamed Salah

#20 Franco Zuculini

#22 Nacer Chadli

#34 Nigel De Jong

Forwards:

#7 Alexandre Pato

#9 Luuk De Jong

#17 Rodriguez Pedro

#30 Luc Casnos

Remaining numbers including #12, #14, #16, #21, will be allocated to the best progressing reserves during the course of the season, meanwhile majority of the top reserves will once again be loaned out to the various clubs in England. These will include recent signing Raheem Sterling, and Brazilian Jesus Juan.

Subscribe to Villa.TV today for only £2.99 a month to hear more Aston Villa exclusives.

SEASON 6 - BIG CHANGES AT LEEDS

picture.php?pictureid=3239&albumid=449&dl=1371766486&thumb=1

Leeds United's Sicilian Chairman, Don Vito, conducted some significant pieces of business this summer.

Rumoured to be deeply unhappy at the financial state that the club had found itself in after just one season under the management of The Butcher - the Chairman instigated some whirlwind deals whilst the clueless Butcher was in the southern Mediaterranean on what has been reported by his agent as "a talent spotting trip".

First out the door was Cristian Zapata - snapped up for £14m by Southampton - a sale which cleared the club's debt with Wonga.

Then came a double swap with West Ham - star defender Alaba and hot prospect Luke Shaw moving to East London in exchange for Fabio Coentrao and James Rodriguez.

picture.php?pictureid=3373&albumid=449&dl=1372608450&thumb=1

Coentrao - in for Alaba

The Chairman explained the thinking behind the double swap which saw two prize assets leaving the Elland Road outfit.

There's no doubt that West Ham come out of the Alaba/Coentrao deal ahead - but that element was only agreed with the Shaw/Rodriguez swap as a component also.

Alaba is a nailed on future 93/94 - but Coentrao is a 91 himself and young enough to hold his rating or possibly improve it. We also get James Rodriguez - a 21 year old 90 who can play across the midfield. Giving up Luke Shaw was painful - but getting a 90 for an 83 and no cash adjustment was simply too good an offer to refuse as we prepare for kick off in Div 1.

picture.php?pictureid=3372&albumid=449&dl=1372608450&thumb=1

Colombian James Rodriguez reunites with Radamel Falcao

We've been short in midfield - having to play Giovinco and Reus there in order to give us the numbers we need. With Afellay and Denisov unlikely to improve on their 90 rankings - we needed a solid addition. Personally, I think James will go on to great things and will provide the bullets for Falcao in an all Colombian link up at club and national team level.

There's little question West Ham have signed a couple of gems. Alaba got 9 goals in 32 matches from full back last season and averaged 7.49 per game. Shaw is a future England right back.

What's really surprising though is the identity of the buying club. It's no secret that the two clubs' managers (The Butcher and Hyina of West Ham) are bitter enemies since The Butcher was caught taking a dump in the Hammers' technical area before their last league encounter.

When questioned as to whether the transfer should have been put on hold until the Butcher returned from abroad, the Chairman responded

Frankly, I don't give two wiggles of a duck's a*rse whether he's told or not.

I own this club - not him

We caught up with the Butcher on his scouting mission. Sadly we cannot print his comments when he heard the news of the deals

picture.php?pictureid=3371&albumid=449&dl=1372608450&thumb=1

The Butcher on his scouting mission in St Tropez

2dm5avt.png

Villa hand out numbers ahead of new season

766575AstonVilla1314AwayKit.jpg

ASTON VILLA FIRST TEAM:

Goalkeepers:

#1 Thibaut Courtois

#19 Oliver Baumann

#25 Matheus Caldeira

Defenders:

#2 Micah Richards

#3 Mamadou Sakho ©

#4 Adil Rami

#15 Jetro Willems

#18 Victor Ruiz

#24 Sebastian Jung

#26 Alex Sandro

Midfielders:

#5 Lucas Fernando

#6 Leroy Fer

#8 Jordan Ayew

#10 Wesley Sneijder

#11 Younes Belhanda

#13 Patrick Herrmann

#18 Mohamed Salah

#20 Franco Zuculini

#22 Nacer Chadli

#34 Nigel De Jong

Forwards:

#7 Alexandre Pato

#9 Luuk De Jong

#17 Rodriguez Pedro

#30 Luc Casnos

Remaining numbers including #12' date=' #14, #16, #21, will be allocated to the best progressing reserves during the course of the season, meanwhile majority of the top reserves will once again be loaned out to the various clubs in England. These will include recent signing Raheem Sterling, and Brazilian Jesus Juan.

Subscribe to Villa.TV today for only £2.99 a month to hear more Aston Villa exclusives.

Nacer Chadli

responding_in_wonderment_and_awe.jpg

2h52vqe.png

"I have no intention of leaving Burton Albion"

villas-boas-12-sept.jpg

For both Crystal Palace fans and Burton fans have been left in shock today following the announcement the current Burton Albion manager was offered the job to become division 1 team Crystal Palace's new manager following on from Stewart Lauder who chose to become the new manager of Nottingham Forest.

For most it was a no brainer that McColl would not be able to turn down an offer from a team 4 divisions higher than his current side but to the shock of most McColl has confirmed that he has no intention of leaving Burton Albion to the delight of their fans.

We got the reaction from both sets of supporters at Crystal Palace and Burton Albion and here is what they said;

I have never even heard of the fella, who is he again?

Bill - Crystal Palace fan

We really need to be looking at the high quality managers, McColl is a good young manager but he still has a point to prove at Burton so i didnt feel it was his time yet anyway.

Ben - Crystal Palace fan

I am delighted he has stayed with us. He has had chances to leave before including following relegation but he has shown loyalty to us and you only have to look at the squad we have built to see we are in a better place than when he took over.

Barry - Burton Albion fan

Bring on the season ahead with McColl in charge we have a chance to push on from our 7th place finish last season and aim to get back into division 4!

Paul - Burton Albion fan

So far this has been McColls only job in management in the 7777 GW but it certainly looks like he has no desire to leave in the foreseeable future but did give us an insight into his love for one other team apart from Burton Albion.

I had the option to leave and take up the Crystal Palace job but the job just wasn't for me. I am completely committed to working at Burton Albion and am really looking forward to the season ahead. We are in a good place right now with a very strong squad and in a good position financially. I feel this season we have a good chance for promotion and i want to start winning some trophies here aswell, the cabinet is bone dry and would love to win something during my spell here.

I have been offered a few jobs in the past and as i keep saying there really is no need for me to leave this club. It is well known about my passion for Everton FC due to them being the side i have supported all my life. This does not mean i want the job if it was ever to become available but it would be hard to turn down the team you love and support as most other managers and fans around the world would agree with.

• 1 month later...

7777_zps9a422047.png

Wednesday 8th August 2013

If you have any gossip regarding EC 7777, be it your own team, or rumours about others, please get in touch!

Transfer Gossip

Man City boss Ben-SCFC has claimed that the Premier League favourites have had a club record bid of £75M turned down by Sheffield United for 24 year old striker Robert Lewandowski.

West Ham manager Hyina has quashed claims that star striker Romelu Lukaku is to leave the club. 'Lukaku going nowhere!' he stated after his sides loss to Chelsea in the League Cup. Manchester United and Tottenham are 2 of many clubs after the Belgian.

Strong rumours suggest that Southampton have secured Giroud, Mangala and Barkley have signed new 5 year deals.

Championship side Wolves have said that a lack of interest in their transfer listed players is one of the reasons for their unimpressive start to second tier life.

Preston manager Newman has reiterated his stance on the struggling PL side's squad. 'Everybody at Preston is still available' were the words as he still looks to shake up the Preston team.

Multiple players at Everton have expressed their concerns about recent times, the club have been performing well this season and lie in 6th, but behind the scenes, players including Vucinic and Cahill are unhappy at the club for unknown reasons.

Other Gossip

A Facebook page has been created titled 'Get James Out!' aimed towards Champions Man Utd's struggle this season, they blame manager Rick James, insisting it is time for a change before it's too late. The group already has over 8,000 'likes' on the social media site.

A Russian billionaire has expressed an interest in buying Premier League high flyers Plymouth Argyle. Could this be yet another foreign takeover? Only time will tell.

Colchester United have approached Macclesfield Town manager Mr Mujahedine to replace the recently departed John Henry, who left the club on Monday after over 5 seasons with the club. Macclesfield have reportedly given the go ahead.

Hereford boss Paul Smut has slammed Stockport County manager Charlie Cat on Sunday. He apparently said 'you write like anyone cares?' Smut is known for his straight talking personality while Cat hasn't replied as of yet.

'What is the point of the transfer list? Players have been on there for centuries!' was what UEFA Vice-President Senes Erzik said in a press conference yesterday, making direct reference to the amount of players on the transfer list in England especially.

And Finally...

After labeling his League Cup 3rd Round tie against West Brom as a 'Potential banana skin', Southampton manager Chris Lord was rumoured to have actually slipped on a banana skin on his way from St. Marys on Monday. Nothing more than a red face was the outcome.

Barrow AFC players have put their great form this year down to pilates. The body conditioning routine is performed by all the players on a regular basis, after they saw its success in Germany's lower leagues.

Paul Smut has bought a cat apparently. Naming the white fur-ball Teresa.

-

Remember the Gossip Column is purely rumours and gossip! Believe what you like ;)

Watford 1-2 Fleetwood

Experienced striker Andy Johnson scores the winning goal as Fleetwood try to stay close to the play-off spots. Ben Basat gets a slight knock and will miss the next game.

The manager:"We have made a nice start to the season and we'll try and push on from here and get as many points as quick as possible to make sure we stick around in division 4. Colunga will be returning this week so he'll will give us some more options in attack."

article-1101128-02F00D16000005DC-314_468x307.jpg

Johnson scores this 6th goal of the season

• 3 weeks later...

3968080440.png

contract_signing.jpg

Beckett Sign's five Year Plan With Non League Football Club

Today non league football club Barrow AFC have signed 21 year old English manager Mattuie Beckett on a five year deal, the young coach has said he is very happy to have joined the club the coach who has won 62 cups in his time as a coach has said he hopes to add to this with the fifth tear club and has said the squad under his new management has looked great in training as he is very impressed with the work rate of young English Mid Jack Cork who has been handed the captains arm band for the long term future, he has also been handed a five year deal with a pay rise of nearly 3k, the young star now has it all to prove but coach Beckett has said he has more talent in the locker and he hopes he can become the next Frank Lampard in English football.

3968080440.png

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSXmthgeQBKRHOPhSp3Z9Vkzi0MZk4Ntss4AoSS9kQ8qYUfuFLMGQ

Manager Sign's Top Signing As First Signing!

Today Barrow AFC have signed 25 year old centre half Bakary Kone on a two year deal beating teams like West Ham United and Tottenham to the young star, coach Mattuie Beckett has said this signing shows what his team is worth and he hopes this is one of many big names to join his club in seasons to come. Beckett who signed a five year deal just a days ago has said he hopes he can sign big names and he hopes that his signing to the club can bring in many more big names to come.

• 2 weeks later...

3968080440.png

markhughesrage20009020_275x155.jpg

Manager Not Happy With Squad!

Today Barrow AFC manager Mattuie Beckett has came out saying he is not one bit happy with the way his team has been playing since he took over five games ago. The coach is yet to pick up his first point since taking over as there new coach and he has said things have to change or there will be drastic changes to support the team long term. Beckett who has a good track record has never faced odd's like this but with the chairman's backing he feels his job is more then safe.

I am not one bit happy with the squad, we need change I have now been in charge five games and all I have seen is a half hearted squad. I joined this team hoping to improve but they have taken one step forward and five back I am already completing cuts to the squad and if things don't change no one is safe in this team.

Beckett who is well known for change has said things will change if the squad dose not pull together and not even the best names in the squad are safe from the cut if things keep going down hill.

3968080440.png

Today Barrow AFC manager Mattuie Beckett has came out saying he is not one bit happy with the way his team has been playing since he took over five games ago. The coach is yet to pick up his first point since taking over as there new coach and he has said things have to change or there will be drastic changes to support the team long term. Beckett who has a good track record has never faced odd's like this but with the chairman's backing he feels his job is more then safe.

Beckett who is well known for change has said things will change if the squad dose not pull together and not even the best names in the squad are safe from the cut if things keep going down hill.

Not surprised when you put Holiday mode on and play NMF players, Obviously you are going to lose.

• 1 month later...

STEVENAGE APPOINT SMH AS BOSS

%7B06093239-EB4B-4F78-9110-76892F80F2FE%7D%5CHat.jpg

Stevenage who are floundering at the depths of division five have appointed experienced manager Sirmarkhughes to the vacant managers slot, it took a bit of convincing but as soon as the board gave me the green light to clear out anybody who I didn't think fitted my vision it was an easy choice, I have been watching them for a week or so and caught up with the last fifteen games on DVD, I can say I am not impressed by many at the club, when the chairman showed me the wage bill I couldn't believe it, I told him a lot of these players are here for the easy money and not interested in playing for the shirt, I have seen this problem many times before at clubs but I will clear out the time-wasters and build this club to where it should be if as promised I am given time, this season is a washout as we cannot achieve much in the last games so it is a good time for a squad cull and bring in some players who might not be as good on paper as the lads on the way out but one thing is for sure they will be here to play for the shirt.

We started the clearout with a dozen sold off already :

INGLESE, Roberto

BEL HASSANI, Iliass

FREEMAN, Luke

DOYLE, Thomas

ROMPELBERG, Olaf

SCHMISSER, Baptiste

SANTOS, Aderlan

KIM, Su-beom

ATKINS, Ross

DE ZWART, Martijn

PADELLI, Daniele

WESTWOOD, Kieren

The squad was massive and to be honest still is but it is a good start, more will follow soon, the club had six goalkeepers which to me is bonkers, a division five club with six goalkeepers no wonder the wagebill was high, you would think with all the competition for spaces at the club that there would be some decent football getting played but Stevenage have been duped by football conmen.

We start our new project with a young Welsh kid Harry Wilson coming in as my first signing, he has bags full of potential and is a signing I am pleased about, he had many offers but he seemed to be pleased with what we had on offer and will be a building block for the club in the future.

Let us hope that I manage to better the 99 games I had as the Exeter boss.

MARQUEE MAN

17032.jpg

Stevenge have made their marquee signing, Willy Cabalero joins up at the division 5 outfit in a part exchange deal for young goalkeeper Daniel Sotres[78],Alexander Sholtz[82] & a fee of £4.4 million.I am a massive fan of Cabalero and he will be an integral part of Stevenage's promotion push next season, In real life he has mad the Spanish team of the week a few times this season and is rumoured to be interesting ex-boss Pelegrini's Manchester City as competition for Joe Hart.

Amazing signing for us, I am delighted to finally get the transfer over the line, he will go straight into the squad for Monday night's game against Barnet.

Stevenage picked up a win in SMH's first game in charge, ending the clubs run of fourteen games without a win, an early goal by transfer listed Pied was cancelled out by Savecivic's strike just before HT, things looked grim for Stevenage when Del Fabro got his marching orders a minute into the second half but a quality strike from a free-kick by 16 year old new boy Wilson put Stevenage back in front , then Bakambu added to that with a goal six minutes from time, Sosa pulled a goal back for Southport with two minutes to go but it would only prove a consolation as Stevenage ran out 3-2 winners.

I am delighted to get a first win in my debut game and even more pleased for the players to get that 14 game winless streak ended, I liked a lot of what I saw today out there and this will be a real confidence booster for the players and fans.

STEVENAGE BUSY IN TRANSFER MARKET

14991.jpg

NEW BHOY

In addition to the marquee signing of Willy Caballero and young Welsh kid Harry Wilson, Stevenage have been busy with scouting missions and a few deals have now materialized.

In comes :

Liam Rosenior [84]

Roel Brouwers [86]

Ruben Bover [75]

Jesus Rueda [86]

Junior Diaz [85]

Mascarell Omar [82]

Anthony Stokes [85]

Sergey Kislyak [85]

Anton Shynder [85]

In total thirty-five players have moved on from the club with eleven coming in, we are at a more manageable squad size of thirty-three but there will be a few more ins and outs to go before it settles.

AQUINO SET TO COME IN FROM WEDNESDAY

46051.jpg

EXCITING MEXICAN SET TO JOIN

My good friend Dom, the manager of Sheffield Wednesday has been in contact about the availability of Javier Aquino, once he made it known that Aquino is available for transfer I am delighted to say we have came to an agreement to sign the exciting young Mexican, a deal for him should be sorted over the next few days.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR9RB9xRYPbsWUpBnnUmcMlIxK9R4o9IszfJju8IB9Y3LoNm_8Ehg

STEVENAGE BREAK THE BANK FOR CLUB RECORD £8 MILLION SIGNING ISAAC CUENCA

51669.jpg

Cuenca becomes the 40th new signing for Stevenage under SMH's reign, yes we have worked fast in the two weeks I have been in charge, we have brought in some quality signings, we have had to sell off a few youngsters to make this happen with Schaub, Mendes and Ceccerini leaving for £13 million combined.

43455.jpg

Emre Colak one of the new breed of Stevenage players

But the sale of them youngsters and the driftwood that had amassed at Stevenage have allowed us to bring in first team members Willy Caballero, Isaac Cuenca, Javier Aquino, Guiseppe De Luca, Emre Colak and Anthony Stokes to name but a few, we have also invested in our youth team so the future looks bring at Broadhall Way, Stevenage are a much changed side and us as a club look forward to challenging for the play-offs at least next season.

What can I say...I am absolutely delighted that Isaac joins up at Stevenage, he is a top caliber player and along with the rest of the new signings this should fill the fans with excitement for the coming season, we have the rest of this season to bleed the players in and let them gel so we should be all set for a cracking next season, go buy your season ticket now.!

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR9RB9xRYPbsWUpBnnUmcMlIxK9R4o9IszfJju8IB9Y3LoNm_8Ehg

STEVENAGE NEW LOOK SQUAD

W.CABALLERO[89]-Málaga CF

S.KISLYAK[85]-R.Kazan~R.BROUWERS[86]-Gladbach~A.AMAYA[86]-R.Betis~L.CADAMURO[85]-R.Sociedad

I.CUENCA[86]-Barcelona~E.ÇOLAK[86]-Galatasaray~C.EAGLES[85]-Bolton~J.AQUINO[85]-Villarreal

G.DE LUCA[85]-Atalanta~A.STOKES[85]-Celtic

Substitutes

12-J.RUEDA[85]-Real Valladolid

13-J.DÍAZ[85]-Mainz

14-A.SHYNDER[85]-Shakhtar Donetsk

15-L.ROSENIOR[84]-Hull City

16-Y.MOKHTAR[84]-FC Twente

17-I.RADOVANOVIĆ[84]-Chievo Verona

18-C.BAKAMBU[85]-Sochaux

This is virtually the roster we will be working with for the next few months, as you can see we have our marquee signing in Caballero between the stick and the rest of the squad is finely balanced, we have other fringe players that will come in as and when needed, Chris Eagles and Cedric Bakambu are playing for their future as with their contracts are up for renewal soon we will have to see if they do enough to earn extensions.

Emre Colak has been installed as the club captain as he has a presence on and off the field, we will be hoping for Stokes, De Luca, Bakambu and Shynder to provide goals from the front with Aquino and Cuenca providing the assists, the defense is a solid bunch of guys with great experience, they along with Caballero will hopefully keep it tight at the back.

3968080440.png

BECKETT is well known for a lot of things, none of them are of a positive nature though.

• 2 weeks later...

2dm5avt.png

Aston Villa - What's gone wrong?

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQkrYSey7JxU-MfU6gb_qXGy1-wIiZjv0JX2VhIahZdniqpg2f1

As the season approaches its conclusion, Aston Villa fans around Birmingham could be excused for being absent at school or work on Monday morning.

Saturdays 2-0 defeat at home to Crystal Palace, leaves them staring relegation in the face 37 games into the campaign. It was only Shorpe's inability to win against Middlesbrough on Saturday that still leaves Villa with a fighting chance on Wednesday night. A home fixture against 3rd placed Arsenal who themselves are fighting their own battle of trying to secure a Champions League spot. Even if Aston Villa were to take the 3 points against the gunners, they will still have to rely on Shorpe United not beating Liverpool at home.

If there is a good omen to this otherwise cursed Villa team is that they've been here before. 3 times. Since 7777's inception, Aston Villa's first 3 seasons saw them finish 17th, much to their fans displeasure as much as relief.

Yet here we are at the end of season 6 with what fans feel was very little progress in terms of the quality of the first team, hence not allowing them to establish themselves as the powerhouse of the Division 1.

Despite actually boasting one of the best XI's in the world, Aston Villa are still searching for answers as to why are they continuously underachieving. Many will point to a fixed 1 striker up front formation, but even when played with 2 up front results did not change. The morale in the team seems great even after all the bad results this season. Captain Sakho and Vice Captain Sneijder work their hardest in training and the games, and as a defensive unit Villa pack one of the meanest defences in the league, with the best young keeper in the world Courtois in goal.

Managerial ability is another major point constantly discussed between Villa fans everywhere. Despite 6 seasons of little success Aston Villa chairman Randy Lerner seems reluctant to sack Frozy, instead offering him a new 4 year contract earlier in the year. Frozy's managerial credentials before coming to Villa were never questioned. Majority of the fans were delighted upon his appointment, knowing his scout team is among the best in the world and this has been proven overtime, with Villa establishing the strongest youth academy in the world today, adding more scouts from around the world every season. Some may wonder this is the sole reason Frozy is still in the job, as he has one or even two eyes on the future on the club and making it the best in the world eventually as well as ensuring financial success.

Since the beginning of 7777, a lot of teams have progressed very much in terms of quality of the players, as well as all the top managers from around the world eventually settling down to manage anyone available in England who has now established itself as the economical power of the world resulting in a total control of football dominance. This has lead to extreme competitiveness across all 5 divisions, and some will say there's not one bad manager in England now, just the unfortunate one, in case of relegation or a 1st round cup defeat.

Worryingly for Frozy though, he appears to have been unfortunate a time too many, and unless he can pull a rabbit out of the hat on Wednesday night, this could perhaps be the final chapter in his Villa book.

• 2 weeks later...

2dm5avt.png

Villa prepare for life in Division 2!

0,,10265~10463968,00.jpg

ASTON VILLA FIRST TEAM:

Goalkeepers:

#1 Thibaut Courtois

#25 Matheus Caldeira

Defenders:

#2 Micah Richards

#3 Mamadou Sakho ©

#4 Adil Rami

#5 Corrêa Marquinhos

#15 Jetro Willems

#26 Alex Sandro

Midfielders:

#6 Leroy Fer

#8 Luciano Narsingh

#10 Wesley Sneijder (VC)

#11 Younes Belhanda

#12 Alper Potuk

#13 Alex Teixeira

#14 Florian Thauvin

#16 Lucas Fernando

#18 Richairo Zivkovic

#21 Nacer Chadli

#22 Melker Hallberg

#29 Lucas Moura

#34 Nigel De Jong

Forwards:

#7 Alexandre Pato

#9 Luuk De Jong

#17 Rodriguez Pedro

#30 Luc Casnos

Division 2 will be a different experience for everyone involved with Aston Villa football club. A squad size has significantly increased to cope with the demands of increased schedule and futhermore trying to go as far as possible in domestic competitions. As well as recent signings Marquinhos and Thauvin, Richairo Zivkovic and Melker Hallberg have been promoted from the youth academy after excelling in their age group.

Southampton_FC_352027706.png

Southampton release their 24-man squad for their next attempt at Division 1 life.

Goalkeepers

#1 Wojiech Szczesny

#13 Eric Marscheider

Defenders

#2 Mattia De Sciglio

#3 Cristian Zapata

#5 Elaqium Mangala

#6 Serdar Tasci

#14 Aymeric Laporte

#19 Rohan Ince

#26 Carl Jenkinson

#33 Hector Bellerin

#42 Sander Heesakkers

#49 Jack Stephens

Midfielders

#4 Blaise Matuidi

#7 Keisuke Honda ©

#8 Alex Witsel

#10 Jack Wilshere (vc)

#15 Morgan Schniederlin (bc)*

#17 Ross Barkley

#18 Christian Fuchs

#25 Emmanuel Frimpong

#35 Calum Chambers

Forwards

#12 Olivier Giroud

#16 Joel Campbell

#52 Chuba Akpom

* Stands for Cup and Monday game captain, unlikely Honda & Wilshere will play.

KEY

Italics - New signing

Bold - New contract

Carlisle United 1st Team Squad - Season 7

Goalkeepers:

1. Cassio

12. Rajkovic

27. Mujunen

Defenders:

2. Gebre Selassie

3. Daems

4. Diawara

5. Pecks

13. Rabia

14. Latovlevici (on loan)

15. Sidibe (on loan)

19. Milosevic

24. Zarate

Midfielders:

6. N'Zonzi

7. Rosicky

8. Huszti

11. Barrientos

16. Lestienne (on loan)

20. Mujan

21. Toure

22. Hestad

23. Johnsen

28. Doughty

Forwards:

9. Paulinho

10. Mane

17. Aboubakar

18. Boyd

25. Miranda

26. Nichols

Pre-Season Underway at Leeds

The Butcher of Montevideo unveiled his new-look tactics as Premier League powerhouse, Leeds United, hosted lowly Div 4 Grimsby in a "loosener" to get the cobwebs out of the players after their close season inactivity.

The Butcher promised that the new style of play would leave the fans "amazed" during the matches to come.

He was not wrong.

Leeds were demolished 1-6 at Elland Road.

Don't think we'll be trying that again in a hurry.

Back to the drawing board