English Championship 7777 - Match Reports,Transfer news etc.

O'Donnell

Re: English Championship 7777 - Match Reports,Transfer news etc.

Another puerile pre season match result for Leeds

1-1 against lower division team

We are doomed' date=' Captain Mainwaring[/quote']

if past history is anything to go by...poor preseason usually means youll have a blinder of a campaign...

• 1 month later...

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR9RB9xRYPbsWUpBnnUmcMlIxK9R4o9IszfJju8IB9Y3LoNm_8Ehg

When I took over there were just over 50 players at the club with a highest rating of 85, not sure what the squad average was, in the first window we sold off all but a couple of players from the previous manager and were able to build an 85 average rated squad with a top player of 89 [Will Cabalerro], here is how we were after my dealings from the first window.

STEVENAGE FIRST TEAM SQUAD AFTER MY FIRST TRANSFER WINDOW~AVERAGE 85 RATED~

W.CABALLERO[89]-Málaga CF

S.KISLYAK[85]-R.Kazan~R.BROUWERS[86]-Gladbach~A.AMAYA[86]-R.Betis~L.CADAMURO[85]-R.Sociedad

I.CUENCA[86]-Barcelona~E.ÇOLAK[86]-Galatasaray~C.EAGLES[85]-Bolton~J.AQUINO[85]-Villarreal

G.DE LUCA[85]-Atalanta~A.STOKES[85]-Celtic

Substitutes

12-J.RUEDA[85]-Real Valladolid

13-J.DÍAZ[85]-Mainz

14-A.SHYNDER[85]-Shakhtar Donetsk

15-L.ROSENIOR[84]-Hull City

16-Y.MOKHTAR[84]-FC Twente

17-I.RADOVANOVIC[84]-Chievo Verona

18-C.BAKAMBU[85]-Sochaux

We moved into the second transfer window and have shuffled out another batch of players with 18 transfers coming in, some with two players going in opposite direction by way of part-exchange, we have two players left from the squad from when I took over, Dimitri Foulquier and our second choice goalie Mathias Cubero, we can now post an 87 average rated side and have a few decent youths.

STEVENAGE FIRST TEAM SQUAD AFTER MY SECOND TRANSFER WINDOW~AVERAGE 87 RATED~

W.CABALLERO[89]~Malaga

M.MUJDZA[87]Freiburg~H.RÉVER[88]Atlético Mineiro~F.DIAGNÉ[87]Freiburg~G.PASQUALE[87]Udinese

L.MATHEUS[87]Dnipro~A.SILVA[87]Sporting CP~E.ÇOLAK[86]Galatasaray~I.CUENCA[86]Barcelona

C.STUANI[87]Espanyol~J.SORIANO[87]RB Salzburg

Substitutes

12.M.EL NENNY[85]Basel

13.J.AQUINO[85]Villareal

14.N.DIRAR[87]Monaco

15.D.FOULQUIER[85]Stade Rennais

16.W.EDUARDO[85]Sporting CP

17.P.OLIVEIRA[85]Vitória de Guimarães

17.G.JUANFRAN[87]Levante

The improvement from the start through the first window and now the second has us in a much better place on the park, we are not finished in this window as I feel we are still one piece short of the puzzle, I am very pleased with how we have reshaped the squad and given time we will hopefully improve on it again, now we just need to start to climb our way up the league as we sit in 21st place in Division 5, I do feel we now have a better squad which with a little luck should see us being able to compete better, I doubt we will do much this season but a mid table finish would be great and something to build on for next season.

2dm5avt.png

Ason Villa finally win the cat and mouse chase!

Long term target Tonny Vilhena joins from Port Vale!

vilh.jpg

Tonny Vilhena, the highly regarded Dutch U21 player has finally joined Aston Villa last night, after 6 months of chasing the young player. Manager Frozy has tried to negotiate the deal for Vilhena for the better part of 2013, however Port Vale former manager Joshua Harman was reluctant to discuss the potential move, often ignoring Frozy, and leaving Vilhena disappointed. On Tuesday however Mr. Harman left Port Vale, and Frozy wasted no time in negotiating a deal for the Dutch starlet, sending another Dutch player Luciano Narsingh, and £90,000 to help with maintenance costs at Port Vale.

Vilhena joins Villa on 4 year deal, and joins the illustrious academy, famed for bringing through some of the finest Dutch talents in the world.

Subscribe to Villa.TV today for only £2.99 a month to hear more Aston Villa exclusives.

• 2 weeks later...

2dm5avt.png

Aston Villa land their man!

Mario Gomez, and Suso join at Villa

signings.jpg

After months of unsuccessful search for a striker, Aston Villa have finally found one. Mario Gomez arrives from Arsenal in exchange for a talented Brazilian Lucas Fernando, and the longest serving player at Villa, Ciaran Clark, along with £1m. Also joining is an exciting Spanish winger Suso, who will arrive from Bristol Rovers in exchange for academy stars, Uros Cosic, and Cesar Ibanez.

Villa manager Frozy spoke of the move for the pair:

As many know we've been chasing a striker for almost a year now. We've almost had an agreement last week with our rivals Birmingham but nothing materialised. Gomez will partner Pato up front, and we may finally start scoring some goals again. Suso is an exciting prospect who we look forward to developing here at Villa academy and I'm sure he will get chances in the future.

Subscribe to Villa.TV today for only £2.99 a month to hear more Aston Villa exclusives.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR9RB9xRYPbsWUpBnnUmcMlIxK9R4o9IszfJju8IB9Y3LoNm_8Ehg

Our first team squad roster is really starting to take shape, we have another £8 million to spend so will add a player or two in due course but here is how it looks at the minute.

stevenagesquad_zps5ba7ef5a.jpg

--------------------------------

Stevenage are coming to terms with the massive deficit we face every week, the financial situation is a concern, we have to keep turning over players as if we stand still the debt will get on top of us.

From the 18 games this season through gate receipts, merchandise, season ticket sales, sponsorship & tv revenue we have earned : £2,412,407

Through the 18 games this season on player wages & ground maintenance we have spent: £11,277,709

So not taking into account our transfer dealing we have made a loss of :

£8,865,302

So in essence we are losing £492,516 per turn

Tough times for Division 5 Stevenage but at the minute we are managing to keep on top of this through profits from transfers.

Transfer Money In : £60,223,900

Transfer Money Out : £44,142,000

Profit from transfers : £16,081,900

Burton_Albion_0.png

Burton look to youth over experience in difficult times

It has been a tough 7th season for Burton Albion following on from 2 seasons in which they narrowly missed out on the play offs. Burton currently find themselves 16th place in Division 5 with questions being asked of not only the under performing players but also of the manager Ewan McColl.

However action has been taken at Burton Albion over the past couple of weeks, with more senior players being allowed to leave the club and a youthful approach that Burton had been known for under McColl has been re-invested in.

6 players under the age of 23 have been brought in as immediate signings to be involved in the first team, while on the outgoing transfers 4 players above or reaching the 30 year old mark had been allowed to leave despite them being higher rated players within the club.

Julian Korb, Josef Husbauer, Fausto Rossi, Simon Makienok, Igor Vetokele and Luca Antei have arrived at the Pirelli Stadium. We caught Burton Albion's manager for a quick chat about his signings so far, looking upwards and potential signings in the future.

bIbgk3G.jpgkWQs8RU.jpgYTQfwQq.jpg

Luca Antei (23) - Josef Husbauer (23) - Julian Korb (21)

SIi6LPd.jpgU2rSVOi.jpgmXtGcLt.jpg

Simon Makienok (23) - Fausto Rossi (23) - Igor Vetokele (21)

I am delighted with the signings we have managed to make over the last couple of weeks. Its well known by all that getting the top quality youngsters in such a competitive market is incredibly hard to do, so i have chosen to trust my instincts again and go with younger players playing in lesser known leagues/teams as i have done in the past with Pierre Michel Lasogga, Vladimir Darida, Valon Berisha etc...

I was particularly pleased to pick up Julian Korb and Josef Husbauer, both have big parts to play in future success and i think both can become high rated players. I am also delighted to have added a handful of youngsters to my side who i feel all have potential to possibly play for Burton Albion in the future or at the least make a nice profit from potential sales.

We have had a rough start to the season and i do put all the blame of that on myself, i didn't put in the time and effort that was required after disappointingly missing out on a chance of promotion last season and because of that the team stagnated without any changes before the division kicked off, however things are starting to slowly look back on track with 3 wins in the last 4 games. I know that we can be playing higher up in the league than we are and its just a case of now showing everyone what we are actually capable of.

In terms of potential transfers i do have a couple of targets who i have interest in but after possibly 1 or 2 more signings i will have to consider selling a couple more players to possibly finance any possible transfers in the future.

The remainder of Burton Albion's signings and seen as players for the future are;

ir6tgdw.jpgskMwp6S.jpgcLlNUwc.jpgnJyoJJM.jpg

Jessy Galvez Lopez (18) - Younes Kaabouni (18) - Mike Ott (18) - Joao Paulo (18)

98tVfZJ.jpgKnytacP.jpgqSLqeaZ.jpgWqfPpR7.jpg

Penha Thalles (18) - Mirnes Pepic (18) - Yannik Schulze (18) - Ozan Tufan (18)

• 3 months later...

2dm5avt.png

Aston Villa release squad list

0,,10265~10463968,00.jpg

ASTON VILLA FIRST TEAM:

Goalkeepers:

#1 Thibaut Courtois

#25 Matheus Caldeira

Defenders:

#2 Micah Richards

#4 Djibril Sidibe

#5 Corrêa Marquinhos

#13 Adil Rami

#15 Jetro Willems

#17 Mamadou Sakho ©

#19 Serge Aurier

#26 Alex Sandro

Midfielders:

#8 Duarte Bernard

#9 Alex Teixeira

#10 Wesley Sneijder (VC)

#12 Alper Potuk

#14 Florian Thauvin

#16 Maxime Lestienne

#29 Lucas Moura

#31 Raheem Sterling

#34 Nigel De Jong

#90 Younes Belhanda

Forwards:

#7 Rodriguez Pedro

#11 Alexandre Pato

#23 Michy Batshuayi

#27 Carvalho Alan

#30 Luc Casnos

#33 Mario Gomez

banner2.jpg

Manchester City release squad list

manchester-city-football.jpg

MAN CITY SQUAD LIST:

Goalkeepers:

#1 Joe Hart (VC)

#30 Sergey Revyakin

Defenders:

#2 Lukasz Piszczek

#3 Vieira Marcelo

#4 Vincent Kompany ©

#5 Giorgio Chiellini

#12 Raphael Varane

#13 Martin Demichelis

#14 Gael Clichy

#23 Alex Grimaldo

#33 Tin Jedvaj

#40 Hector Bellerin

Midfielders:

#6 Hernandez Xavi

#7 Alarcon Isco

#8 Yaya Toure

#11 David Silva

#15 Alcantara Thiago

#16 Jack Wilshere

#17 Shinja Kagawa

#42 Nabil Bentaleb

Strikers:

#9 Robin Van Persie

#10 Sergio Aguero

#18 Kevin Volland

#25 Victor Andrade

#36 Wilfred Zaha

#60 John Guidetti

• 4 months later...

2dm5avt.png

Long Term Servant Rami Departs

Adil+Rami+Liverpool+v+AC+Milan+dvgDoR_ZRJgl.jpg

After more than 200 games, and 7 seasons at the club, Aston Villa today announced that Adil Rami has left the team to join the ambitious Division 5 outfit Eastbourne Borough. The fee believed to be £20m will see the Frenchman becoming the third high profile defender to leave the club this season following early season departures of Alex Sandro and Micah Richards. This seemingly leaves Aston Villa really short at the back and the club will now rely to either make a big splash in the Summer, or continue to work with the youth policy, having brought their entire defence from the youth ranks.

Aston Villa thanks Adil Rami for his service at the club, and wishes him all the success at his new club.

Aston Villa's dealings this season:

image.png

out.png

• 2 weeks later...

2dm5avt.png

Aston Villa sign Diego Costa from Wrexham

Club captain Mamadou Sakho and Alexandre Pato shown door

ed5d7c59845d9334acdc6171509be3e5.jpg

Aston Villa appear to already have one eye on the new season after last night agreeing a deal that will send Spains prolific goalscorer Diego Costa to Villa Park. The fee is believed to be £2m with the additions of long serving club captain Mamadou Sakho, and striker Alexandre Pato who's been seen as a hit and miss at his time here having scored 37 goals in 108 games.

Mamadou Sakho, who spent his whole career at Villa Park, having come through the youth academy has played 246 league games for the club, wearing the captains armband on 205 occasions and scoring 11 goals.

Diego Costa has scored 10 goals in 30 appearances for Wrexham this season setting up a further 11 goals to his team mates. He will arrive to Villa Park with high expectations especially from home supporters who were not all happy to see fan favourite Sakho leave the club.

Speaking to Villa.TV Costa said:

Aston Villa is a historic club. A massive club. My mission now is to help them get to where they belong and that is Division 1. We have the right group of players here to be capable of that, and I'm sure if we all work hard over the summer, the results will come.

Manager Frozy also addressed the media:

First of all I want to thank Mamadou for being a terrific captain. He was the heart and soul of the club, but sometimes you need to make a sacrifice to reap rewards. I would of course also like to thank Alexandre for all the goals, and a positive attitude in training everyday. I'm sure they will both do really well at Wrexham and I wish them all the best.

Diego Costa is a unique striker that we needed here at the club ever since the departure of Karim Benzema. He is a nightmare for any defence in the world and we're certainly glad it's not our defenders who will come up against him next season. Me and all the staff here would love to welcome him at the club and wish him a successful career.

• 2 weeks later...

QPR moves on after Play-Off Final disappointment!

Florentin POGBA has completed his move to Queens Park Rangers from AS Saint-Etienne for 3,320,000
Younés KAABOUNI has completed his move to Queens Park Rangers from PAOK for 888,000

Two great signings from french Ligue 1! Florentin is Paul Pogba's brother and he's a very strong CB, doing a great job with Saint Ettiene and his rating will rise nicely this season. Kaabouni is a talented young player featuring a lot for an inform Bordeaux team, should get a juicy rise and may become a great player in future.

These signings shows we already forget our dramatic loss in the Play-Off Final and we're focused in the next season and in the future of this great club. This club is not being lucky, for the second time in a row QPR finish 3rd in Division 3 and fails promotion in the Play-Off Final... :confused: Will it be next season? We will do our best!

We have 15M to splash in the right player: a good 89+ rated CB. Some young players may be added if the player is worthy. Please tell me if you have someone. Cheers.

jJGqxwJa4WgOp.png

Welcome to the EC 7777 end of season awards hosted by myself Frozy.

First of all, a massive thank you to those who voted for even a few categories. Because there wasn't as much people voting as I perhaps expected, every vote meant a lot this time.

Now let's get to the categories.

Division 1 Manager of the season

Paolo Montero (Sheffield Wednesday) x9 (MaoaM) (Pip) (Adriano B.) (Gonzodan) (inglis77) (RickJames) (Ryan987) (Dracolis) (Frozy)

Jack Simpson (Tottenham Hotspur) x8 (sirmarkhughes) (mistermalcolm) (arandone) (Reverie) (muallan) (smut) (Newman) (Nico66)

Mr. Mujahedine (Liverpool) (Joshua Matt)

Just like Jack stole it from Paolo on the last day of the season, Paolo steals one from Jack here in a very even contest to win the Div 1 manager of the season! Congrats!

Division 1 Player of the season

Danny Welbeck (Sheffield Wednesday) x5 (Adriano B.) (Gonzodan) (Newman) (inglis77) (Frozy)

_77464405_welbeck.jpg

Gonzalo Higuain x4 (Tottenham Hotspur) (sirmarkhughes) (arandone) (Reverie) (RickJames)

Yaya Toure (Manchester City) x3 (MaoaM) (mistermalcolm) (Pip)

Luis Suarez (Arsenal) x2 (muallan) (Dracolis)

Cristiano Ronaldo (Leeds United) (Ryan987)

And Sheffield's Paolo makes it 2-1 to themselves taking another award home from Tottenham with Danny Welbeck just edging it for the Div1 player of the season award. As well as finishing as the top flights top scorer, the Englishman created plenty of assists to charge Sheffield Wednesday so close to the title!

Division 2 Manager of the season

Will Trafford (Chelsea) x6 (sirmarkhughes) (mistermalcolm) (Gonzodan) (inglis77) (Ryan987) (Joshua Matt)

Zayd Mubarak (Peterborough United) x6 (Adriano B.) (arandone) (Reverie) (Newman) (Dracolis) (Frozy)

David Inglis (Millwall) x5 (Pip) (Will) (smut) (Nico66) (RickJames)

J. Hutchinson II (Forest Green Rovers) (MaoaM)

Another very narrow voting sees champions Chelsea's Will and playoff winners Peterborough's Zayd share the manager of the season award, with Millwalls David finishing just behind in second place. All 3 had fantastic seasons clinching promotion to the Premierleague and will hope for more success there.

Division 2 Player of the season

Marco Reus (Chelsea) x8 (MaoaM) (Pip) (arandone) (Gonzodan) (inglis77) (RickJames) (Dracolis) (Frozy)

Wilfried Bony x6 (Wolverhampton Wanderers) (mistermalcolm) (Adriano B.) (Will) (Reverie) (Newman) (Ryan987)

Maarten Martens (Barnsley) (sirmarkhughes)

The German was in sublime form for Chelsea this season, being one of the key players towards their title success and the voting reflects that. Another award for Chelsea!

Division 3 Manager of the season

Eskisito . (Tranmere Rovers) x8 (sirmarkhughes) (Machines) (MaoaM) (Adriano B.) (RickJames) (Ryan987) (Dracolis) (Frozy)

Zac Clarke (Cardiff City) x6 (mistermalcolm) (muallan) (Gonzodan) (smut) (Newman) (Joshua Matt)

Adriano Borges (Carlisle United) x2 (arandone) (Nico66)

Nicholas Fursse (Swindon Town) x2 (Reverie) (inglis77)

Eskisito has done a remarkable job, clinching promotion with a fairly average squad, much to the impression of his fellow managers who voted him as Div 3 manager of the season! Congrats!

Division 3 Player of the season

Emmanuel Riviére (Cardiff City) x6 (sirmarkhughes) (Machines) (arandone) (Newman) (inglis77) (RickJames)

Germán Denis (Stoke City) x2 (Reverie) (Dracolis)

Max Kruse (Tranmere Rovers) x2 (muallan) (Ryan987)

Carlos Bacca (Queens Park Rangers) (MaoaM)

Sergio Garcia (Tranmere Rovers) (mistermalcolm)

Alessio Cerci (Brighton and Hove Albion) (Adriano B.)

Federico Marchetti (Leicester City) (Gonzodan)

Adelino Vieirinha (Tranmere Rovers) (Frozy)

The Frenchman stood out as the player of Division 3, with quite a few players being nominated, which perhaps reflects that no one else particularly stood out.

Division 4 Manager of the season

joseba zilarte (Oxford United) x7 (MaoaM) (Adriano B.) (Reverie) (Newman) (Nico66) (RickJames) (Joshua Matt)

Richard Sheppard (Oldham Athletic) x6 (sirmarkhughes) (mistermalcolm) (smut) (inglis77) (Ryan987) (Frozy)

marcos vitorino (Newport County) x2 (arandone) (Dracolis)

Luan Nguyen/Gresi 3 Joca 3 (Gateshead) (Gonzodan)

Just like Oldham narrowly edged out Oxford United for the title, Oxford's joseba hits back to marginally beat his rival in this hotly contested manager of the season category. Who needs Oxford and Cambridge when you've got Oxford and Oldham? See more of this rivalry next season in Division 3!

Division 4 Player of the season

Francesco Totti (Oldham Athletic) x12 (sirmarkhughes) (MaoaM) (Adriano B.) (arandone) (Reverie) (Gonzodan) (Newman) (inglis77) (RickJames) (Ryan987) (Dracolis) (Frozy)

Francesco+Totti+Manchester+City+FC+v+Roma+H0_viQKuqKul.jpg

Andrea Pirlo (Port Vale) (mistermalcolm)

No words needed. Salute king Totti.

Division 5 Manager of the season

Indra Sjafrie (Southport) x10 (sirmarkhughes) (MaoaM) (mistermalcolm) (arandone) (muallan) (Gonzodan) (smut) (Newman) (RickJames) (Joshua Matt)

michael h (Lincoln City) x5 (Reverie) (inglis77) (Nico66) (Ryan987) (Frozy)

Libaan Hassan (Altrincham) (Adriano B.)

William Chen (Wycombe) (Dracolis)

Indra adds to his Div 5 title, by comfortably scooping the Div 5 manager of the season award! Well done!

Division 5 Player of the season

Jérémy Clément (Altrincham) x7 (MaoaM) (mistermalcolm) (Adriano B.) (Newman) (inglis77) (RickJames) (Frozy)

Breel Embolo (Cambridge United) (sirmarkhughes)

Daniele Padelli (Crawley Town) (arandone)

Marcelo Moreno (Kidderminster Harriers) (Reverie)

Álex Pozuelo (Cambridge United) (Gonzodan)

Pimparel Beto (Southport) (Ryan987)

Robbie Keane (Lincoln) (Dracolis)

Similarly like in Division 3, with no one particularly standing out, the majority went with Clement, who won it with ease.

Overall manager of the season

Adriano Borges (Carlisle United) x4 (MaoaM) (arandone) (Nico66) (Frozy)

best-dog-food-trophy.jpg

Will Trafford (Chelsea) x2 (sirmarkhughes) (inglis77)

Zac Clarke (Cardiff City) x2 (Pip) (Gonzodan)

Eskisito . (Tranmere Rovers) x2 (Adriano B.) (Dracolis)

Indra Sjafrie (Southport) (mistermalcolm)

Nicholas Fursse (Swindon Town) (Reverie)

David Inglis (Millwall) (smut)

Paolo Montero (Sheffield Wednesday) (RickJames)

Andrés Garrido (Eastbourne Borough) (Joshua Matt)

Perhaps the most important award of them all, goes to Carlisle's Adriano B! A season for the history books with Carlisle defying the odds to win the FA Cup final, reaching the Capital One Cup, where they were closely beaten by Div 1 winners Spurs, and also getting themselves into the playoff mix, where some would say they were unlucky not to get themselves promoted. An absolutely remarkable achievement which is reflected in Adriano picking up the prestigious award. Congrats!

Overall player of the season

Marco Reus (Chelsea) x6 (Pip) (inglis77) (Nico66) (RickJames) (Dracolis) (Frozy)

hi-res-d79a4c1f424cca4bc31b3b45aba6c952_crop_north.jpg?w=630&h=420&q=75

Francesco Totti (Oldham Athletic) x4 (sirmarkhughes) (Machines) (MaoaM) (Newman)

Gonzalo Higuain x2 (Tottenham Hotspur) (arandone) (Reverie)

Yaya Toure (Manchester City) (mistermalcolm)

Jérémy Clément (Altrincham) (Adriano B.)

Federico Marchetti (Leicester City) (Gonzodan)

People lie, numbers don't. 33 games, 18 goals, 21 assists, 11 Man of the Match awards (1 every 3 games) and an average performance rating of 8.11. Take a bow Marco. You're our overall player of the season.

Young player of the season (21 and younger)

Romelu Lukaku (West Ham United) x5 (mistermalcolm) (Will) (Gonzodan) (RickJames) (Dracolis)

292072-all-smiles-from-belgiums-romelu-lukaku.jpg

Stephan El Shaarawy (Derby County) x4 (MaoaM) (Adriano B.) (Newman) (Frozy)

Breel Embolo (Cambridge United) x2 (sirmarkhughes) (Machines)

Gerard Deulofeu (Blackpool) (arandone)

Álvaro Morata (Peterborough United) (Reverie)

Hoping to one day follow in Reus's steps is Romelu Lukaku who edges out Stephan El Shaarawy for the young player of the season award! Both players are certainly on the path of great things to come.

Old player of the season (35 and over)

Francesco Totti (Oldham Athletic) x11 (sirmarkhughes) (Machines) (MaoaM) (mistermalcolm) (Adriano B.) (Reverie) (Gonzodan) (Newman) (RickJames) (Dracolis) (Frozy)

Miroslav Klose (Hull City) (arandone)

Didier Drogba (Barnsley) (Will)

To sum this up, Klose and Drogba are celebrating being nominated as we speak.

Best new manager (joined this season)

David J (Hartlepool United) x2 (sirmarkhughes) (Frozy)

André Guerra (Queens Park Rangers) x2 (Adriano B.) (Nico66)

dan fransisco (Bolton Wanderers) (MaoaM)

Gresi 3 Joca 3 (Gateshead) (Reverie)

Paolo Montero (Sheffield Wednesday) (RickJames)

Will Trafford (Chelsea) (Dracolis)

With not many votes here, Andre and David split the newcomer title, both being brilliant additions to the setup this season.

Best in the transfer market

Andrés Garrido (Eastbourne Borough) x4 (MaoaM) (mistermalcolm) (Nico66) (Dracolis)

Froz3n Tekkers (Aston Villa) x2 (arandone) (Reverie)

Will Trafford (Chelsea) (RickJames)

Kevin Junior (Arsenal) (Frozy)

Eastbourne shocked everyone, by suddenly splashing close to £200m in over a week, with likes of Jesus Navas, Adil Rami and Chris Smalling joining the Div 5 outfit. Impressive!

Best scout

J. Hutchinson II (Forest Green Rovers) x4 (MaoaM) (RickJames) (Joshua Matt) (Frozy)

Froz3n Tekkers (Aston Villa) (Reverie)

JMH remains the greatest and is in his own league when it comes to finding unheard players.

Best signing

Diego Costa (Aston Villa) x4 (sirmarkhughes) (Machines) (MaoaM) (Reverie)

Diego%20Costa.jpg

Chris Smalling (Eastbourne Borough) (mistermalcolm)

Cristiano Ronaldo (Leeds United) (RickJames)

Jesus Navas (Eastbourne Borough) (Dracolis)

Ivan Rakitic (West Bromwich Albion) (Frozy)

Diego Costa wins the signing of the year award, having signed with just 2 games remaining from Wrexham.

Worst signing

Phillip Max (Reading) x8 (sirmarkhughes) (Machines) (MaoaM) (mistermalcolm) (arandone) (Reverie) (muallan) (Frozy)

250063666.jpg

Reading manager was left with an egg on his face, with what he thought was a bargain retiring just 1 week after signing.

Best forum thread contributor

MaoaM x7 (sirmarkhughes) (Machines) (Adriano B.) (muallan) (Gonzodan) (Newman) (Dracolis) (Frozy)

Frozy x2 (sirmarkhughes) (Reverie) (muallan)

Adriano B. x1 (MaoaM)

MaoaM's T.O.T.W awards are very impressive and the voters agree. Thanks for keeping us entertained with them Marc!

Best tactician

Paolo Montero (Sheffield Wednesday) x2 (Reverie) (Frozy)

Rick James (Manchester United) (MaoaM)

Light Yagami (Wrexham) (Will)

Nicholas Fursse (Swindon Town) (Joshua Matt)

Paolo takes his third award, being awarded the master tactician in a field very much lacking votes.

Biggest over achiever

Paolo Montero x3 (Sheffield Wednesday) (MaoaM) (Reverie) (Gonzodan)

Zayd Mubarak x3 (Peterborough United) (Nico66) (Dracolis) (Frozy)

David Inglis (Millwall) x2 (mistermalcolm) (Will)

michael h (Lincoln City) (sirmarkhughes)

Adriano Borges (Carlisle United) (Machines)

Libaan Hassan (Altrincham) (Adriano B.)

Riece Monro(RieceM96 on forum) (Shorpe United) (muallan)

Paolo and Zayd split another award, both being awarded as the overachievers of the season! Looking forward to the battle of overachievers in div1 next season!

Biggest under achiever

Rick James (Manchester United) x3 (mistermalcolm) (Gonzodan) (Frozy)

Froz3n Tekkers x2 (Aston Villa) (sirmarkhughes) (Reverie)

Shaun Tonna (Newcastle United) (MaoaM)

Glittering Crusader (Sunderland) (Adriano B.)

dan fransisco (Bolton Wanderers) (Will)

Duncan gibbons (Leicester) (Dracolis)

Ricks season was so poor, he wanted to nominate himself for this award (un)fortunately he couldn't.

• 2 weeks later...

2dm5avt.png

Aston Villa release squad list

0,,10265~10463968,00.jpg

ASTON VILLA FIRST TEAM:

Goalkeepers:

#1 Thibaut Courtois

#25 Anthony Mandrea

Defenders:

#2 Serge Aurier

#5 Corrêa Marquinhos

#15 Jetro Willems

#20 Joshua Brenet

#22 Chancel Mbemba

PSG-Block-Marquinhos-Transfer-to-Barca.jpg

Marquinhos is now the leading figure in the depleted Villa back line.

Midfielders:

#8 Duarte Bernard

#10 Wesley Sneijder ©

#12 Ramires

#14 Dries Mertens

#16 Florian Thauvin

#29 Lucas Moura

#31 Raheem Sterling

#34 Nigel De Jong (VC)

#90 Younes Belhanda

article-1338449202829-135fc444000005dc-883301_636x339.jpg

Wesley Sneijder has been made captain after the departure of Mamadou Sakho

Forwards:

#7 Rodriguez Pedro

#9 Paco Alcacer

#11 Mauro Icardi

#19 Diego Costa

#23 Michy Batshuayi

#27 Carvalho Alan

#30 Luc Casnos

#33 Mario Gomez

diegocosta-300x199.jpg

Diego Costa will look to spearhead Villas attack this season

2dm5avt.png

Aston Villa sign Phil Jagielka

Jagielka, (32) joins from Stoke City in a £9m deal

Phil+Jagielka+Everton+Training+Session+oMn2Radthfhl.jpg

Aston Villa this morning announced a signing of England International Phil Jagielka for a fee of £9m. The Villains were desperate for a centre back all summer, and have finally managed to land their man to replace former captain Mamadou Sakho.

Speaking to Villa.TV Jagielka said:

I was delighted to sign for Villa. It's a project that's moving forward again after a few years or struggle, and I'm now nearing the end of my career, and would love to once again play in the top flight, hopefully next season.

Manager Frozy also spoke to the press:

Phil was the missing piece to the puzzle. His experience will be vital in replacing Mamadou in the heart of the defence. It looked for a while that we may have to go through the season with only 2 recognizable centre backs, but the addition of Phil is crucial in a division consisting of 46 games. I have no doubt he will become a fan favourite in no time.

• 3 months later...

2dm5avt.png

Aston Villa agree Zouma fee

French u21 signs a 5 year deal

zoumavilla.png

Breaking news from Birmingham this morning, as Aston Villa have agreed a fee to sign the talented Crewe Alexandra and French u21 international Kourt Zouma (20). The deal sees the young Frenchman join Villa in exchange for one of Villa's most highly regarded youngsters Paco Alcacer(21), and a recently signed Phil Jagielka(32). Paco who has this season broken through Aston Villa's first team, was the major piece in bringing negotiation to life, and Englishman Jagielka has seen his contract run out quicker than anticipated after signing in mid October last year.

Aston Villa have previously had 3 bids rejected for Zouma over the course of the last 18 months, but have finally succeeded in their pursuit.

Speaking to Villa.TV just minutes ago, manager Frozy said:

We had the media waiting out in the cold overnight, so apologies for that first of all. We at the club are delighted to secure what we see as a long term centre back partner to Marquinhos. As many of you know, we have been chasing the kid for quite a long time, however Crewe kept knocking us back time and time again. It finally took us a special talent of Paco and long term experience of Jags (Phil Jagielka) for them to let him go. We want to thank Paco for three wonderful years in which we have seen him grow from a boy to a man, and from another academy player into a first team regular. We hope he has the best career at Crewe or wherever else he possibly plays in the future. We also want to thank Phil for 3 months of crucial experience, which has lifted us towards the top of the table and has set us up for a promotion push. We feel that our young lads at the back have gained a lot playing alongside him. We wish him all the best at Crewe as well.

Kurt Zouma was not yet available for press conference, however he gave a message on the Crewe Alexandra website, thanking their club, and supporters, and looking forward to a new chapter at Aston Villa.

Sky-Sports-Logo.svg

Paleka admits, promotion play off spot is
"still a possibility"

Luton Towns, new appointed manager, Paleka, has admitted there is still a high chance of his side reaching the play offs after two consecutive wins.
"Look it will be a difficult shot, taking a club sitting close to the bottom, and trying to ensure promotion, is as hard as winning the lottery"
Paleka stated in his first press conference for the club. However, after back to back wins against Hayes & Yeading United, and Burton Albion, Paleka had this to say
"There are 9 games to go in the season, and only 15 points off promotion play off spot. I wont lie when i say i want promotion, although, it's very unlikely i will get promoted. The team i am building is me attempting to strengthen for promotion next season. However, it will be a joy if i can get it this season."

Paleka started his managerial debut with back to back losses, before bringing reinforcements to strengthen his squad. 15 New transfers were added, with 16 departures. Back to back wins, continues to bring hopes for the fans. Will Paleka get promoted with this new run of form? Or is this run of form a complete luck? Only time will tell.

_65205281_159001093.jpg

(Paleka's boys celebrating the 3rd and final goal against Burton Albion)

2dm5avt.png

Aston Villa sign Rafael Da Silva

Brazilian fullback joins from Manchester United for £25m

rafa.png

Another week another big signing for promotion chasing Aston Villa, this time in the shape of Manchester United's Brazilian fullback Rafael, who has agreed to join the midland club for a fee of £25m breaking the previous club record of £18m (Serge Aurier) for the most expensive signing. Earlier in the week Cassiano Pereira, the agent of Rafael's told the press the player is free to leave United after falling out with the clubs manager Rick James. Aston Villa who are short of experience at the back were quick to pounce and wrapped up the deal in the next couple of days, leaving the player only having to agree the personal terms and passing a medical.

Manager Frozy spoke of the signing to Villa.TV:

We're all very happy with this signing. Rafael is a player I am a big admirer of, and I could not let this opportunity pass us by. He has years of Premierleague experience under his belt despite only being 24, and he will offer something very different from the right for us. Something we're not used to seeing here at the club. I'm sure he will solidify our push for promotion.

Rafael spoke to Villa.TV shortly after:

I am very happy to be here. Villa is a team heading to the right direction, and I just wanted to be a part of this project. I saw Zouma join last week, and I knew the club has got a lot of ambition, strengthening all over the pitch all the time. I hope I will be an important piece to get us back to where the club belongs and that is Premierleague, perhaps even Europe.

• 4 weeks later...

2dm5avt.png

HANDS OF GOD

Courtois wins the playoff final penalty shootout for Aston Villa!

hog.png

After seasons of struggle in the Championship, the tide has finally turned tonight for Aston Villa. 90,000 filled the stadium to watch Villa take on Crewe Alexandra a club where Villa recently sent Paco Alcacer and Phil Jagielka to in exchange for Kurt Zouma. Many in the Villa end were restless yet expectant. Recent additions of Diego Costa, Rafael + exceptional progress of young stars Sterling, Lucas, and Marquinhos gave a feeling of confidence throughout the season.

Right from the off Crewe had a plan to attack this Villa side, thinking and knowing any other approach may well prove disastrous. And Villa had Courtois to thank as he palmed Kalas volley away for the corner just 47 seconds into the game. And suddenly 20 minutes in, Villa's fans must have been thinking here we go again, the nearly men of English football are here to bottle it again, as Aaron Ramsey crossed the ball towards the penalty spot where Villa's one time prodigy Paco Alcacer connected with a looping header and dipped over the outstretched hands of Villa's number 1.

A nightmare scenario 20 minutes in, as Crewe fans began singing, "we are going up, we are going up"!

Frozy asked his team to recollect themselves immediately, and just 5 minutes later Ramires played through a peach of a ball towards advancing Dries Mertens who took it into his stride and placed it cooly in the bottom corner to make it all square again.

The remaining of the game was played out cautiously by both teams, knowing that attack vs attack may well end up badly for either side, and Villa began playing more physically, booking Mertens, Belhanda, and De Jong for strong challenges. Second half saw both teams pushing for the winner as both sides began to feel their legs heavy playing their second match in 3 days. Both Thibaut Courtois and Antonio Mirante did their upmost to deny opposition strikers any sort of chance to win it for their side.

And in 84th minute, Villa's hearts were in their mouths as a free kick was awarded to Crewe on the edge of the area. Podolski lifted it in to the crowded box and Paco Alcacer rose highest to connect with what looked to be the winner until Courtois acrobatically tipped the ball away much to disbelief to all Crewe players who were all certain it was going in and almost began celebrating.

90 minutes were up and it was to be decided by of the two main stars of the night. Courtois or Mirante, as the game moved to the lottery of penalty kicks.

Sterling scored for Villa and Paco Alcacer stepped up for Crewe, and posibly disheartened from his earlier denied header, shot it straight at the path of calm Courtois to give Villa the advantage. It was now Diego Costas chance to put Villa 2 ahead, but instead he added to the suspense as he blasted the shot to the middle and Mirante saved it with ease. Ramsey, Belhanda, Podolski, Pedro, Quintero, Ramires and Corgnet all converted their spot kicks to make it 4-4.

Up stepped Lucas Moura, with the biggest penalty kick of his life. A sudden death in front of 90'000 loud. A roar erupted from the Villa end, as the ball crept in of the post, and it was now up to Courtois to win it for Villa in sudden death. Jorginho stepped up for Crewe and tried to place it in the top corner, but an outstretched arms of Courtois saw the ball bounce back, to send Villa fans and players wild in celebration.

Costazouma.png

Diego Costa and Kurt Zouma celebrate Wembley success

Villa.TV caught up with a few players and manager Frozy after the game:

Costa:

It's amazing feeling. I'm very happy. I thank god and manager

Courtois:

It's what we've worked for all year. This moment right here. The staff, the players, the fans. They all knew what we're working on, what the final goal is, and let me tell you, it's not this promotion. There's more to come.

Zouma:

I only today found out that Frozy picked me ahead of Serge(Aurier). I wanted to repay that confidence not only to play me on such occasion but to sign me here and give me an opportunity to play in the Premierleague.

Lucas:

I can't wait to show the world what I can do in the Premierleague next season. Feeling so blessed and thankful.

Sneijder:

This here, don't come through one good game, it's a patient process. It took seasons of hard work and dedication for me to be here again. To be in the promised land. I am truly thankful to my team mates my manager and all the fans for making this the best club in the world. I will never leave.My heart is claret and blue.

Frozy:

This is for the fans who believed. This is for the critics who said we will not do it. English football has evolved so much, that to win any trophy or promotion should be seen as an extraordinary achievement. So many team today has got teams capable of beating one another on any given day, so I feel it's often a roll of the dice as much as your passion and commitment to the cause. I want to congratulate Noisy. He gave me a fantastic tactical game, and I respect him and his team. Similar to Nico and Swindon they've exceeded expectations this season just to finish in top 6 and this adds to my point that no matter how big or small, you can never count your chickens in English football. I'll see you guys in the Premierleague next season, where we will go again from day 1. Thank you

bbcsport.1.u.png

The road to glory ends to quickly for Luton Town

Taken over the sloppy Luton town late January, Paleka had one mission, and the mission consisted of bringing the fans back to the hatters. It began as a downhill mission with two straight losses causing the anger in the fans to continue to prevail. A slight change of fortune allowed back to back wins against Hayes & Yeading United, and Burton Albion. This luck of fortune turned into a solid performances, only losing 1 out of 11 games, 8 of them being wins.

Record departures as well as record signings gave much hope for the fans, seeing a record 8.8 million departure of Michael Turner, as well as several other depatures gave Paleka much needed cash to invest in players of his playing style. With the experience of Proto, Callsen-Bracker added to the squad, Paleka, did not forget about the future of the club bringing in Brugge's scoring asset Izquierdo. Paleka stated in a recent press conference, that he is highly anticipating and exciting season ahead, and expect nothing less the to be a promotion contenders.

f291187-1602289_478x359.jpg

(paleka's boys end the season with a 2-0 victory)

premierleague_season_10.png

Premierleague Season 10 Preview

As the season 10 of EC 7777 approach us, we take a look at the 20 teams fighting it out for the most precious title in world football, the English Premierleague.

Arsenal:

Pip's Arsenal are the freshly crowned Premierleague Champions, and will no doubt look to retain the title again. Star players include last season's top scorer Junior Neymar, Luis Suarez and Thiago Silva. Very sound in attack, however with Silva and Lahm aging and Mignolet as a keeper, the defense could yet be asked questions.

2101410200015866306.v1413821369.jpg

Aston Villa:

Coming of a fresh promotion via the playoffs, it took Villa 3 seasons to get back to the top flight, but now they're here and must surely fancy themselves for a European place at least, with the solid squad Frozy has built. The star players are Diego Costa and Thibaut Courtois who complement the attack and defense respectively.

1408385894034_lc_galleryImage_Chelsea_s_Thibaut_Courtoi.JPG

Blackpool:

MaoaM's Blackpool have won the league in season 7, and have won the Capital One cup as well as Europa League in season 9 so are no newcomers when it comes to trophies. Star men are Andres Iniesta and Carlos Tevez, and although both in their 30's still offer plenty of talent to this side.

Andres-Iniesta,Barcelona-13-14.png

Bolton:

SMH's Bolton coming into the Premierleague as the winners of the Championship, a league that is just as hard if not harder to win over the course of 46 games. Excelling at the tactical elements of the game, he will look to Thomas Muller and Fernandinho to provide the biggest threat this season.

3746653429-08042010151732.jpg

Chelsea:

Will's Chelsea are the bookmakers favourite to win their first ever Premierleague despite only finishing 5th this season. The fans will demand much more now, especially with the amount of talented players at their disposal, including Arjen Robben, Sergio Busquets and Cesc Fabgregas.

Cesc+Fabregas+Sergio+Busquets+ZjHJ32U0MbUm.jpg

Crystal Palace:

Wayne Harman's Palace are a very complete team who play as a unit without any particular standout players. Instead outsmarting managers tactically Harman has achieved a respectable 12th place in season 9. Star men are Erik Lamela and Henrik Mkhitaryan.

Everton:

Adriano Borges the special one as he's known in the blue side of Liverpool after guiding Everton to the Champions league in his first season in charge. It is one of the oldest sides in the league, but on the contrary one of the most experienced, with many of the players having played together since season 1. Star players include striker Edin Dzeko and keeper Victor Valdes.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQQKw61l0gw_GeIGnxK24GiHruj0kcdbiXCoeWI9syStuQvftDj

Leeds United:

Boasting the best player in the world Cristiano Ronaldo and two incredible sidekicks in Angel Di Maria and Franck Ribery, big things are expected from Leeds United, however the manager Cesasiu, has expressed many times of his poor relationship with star man Ronaldo, yet he will not sell the player for a small offer, leaving him in a paradox which has backfired this season with Ronaldo only scoring 12 goals and Leeds finishing in dissapointing 15th place.

cr7_render%2Bde%2Bfutbol.png

Liverpool:

Very similar side to Leeds United in having some of world best in Messi and Ibrahimovic, yet not being completely happy with either, trying to sell both on more than 10 occasions throughout last season, yet failing to agree a price every time. Manuel Neuer provides a wall in goal and Eden Hazard is the energising spark that ticks the team together.

Capture6.PNG

Manchester City:

One of the elite teams in 7777 boasting some of the finest players in the world and without a doubt among the favourites for the title yet again. In Van Persie and Aguero City posses the best attack in the world, and Kompany alongside Chiellini will terrify any striker partnership daring to score past them.

_64797941_mmspotymancity.png

Manchester United:

3rd place for Rick's United in season 9, with a side boasting talent all over the pitch similarly to Chelsea and Manchester City. Will try to do a little better this season and bring the third title to Old Trafford. The fans will certainly be expecting and will pin their hopes on likes of Rooney, Lewandowski and Bale.

rooney-bale_2878105c.jpg

Middlesbrough:

Sala Dioufs 'Boro are a team punching well above their weight category, with a very small and ageing squad and posses the players who are more suitable to a Championship level. Sala has done remarkable job just to keep them up season after season. Jonny Evans and Tim Howard are the most recognizable players.

Newcastle United:

If Adriano Borges was the special one, Toon's Shaun Tonna is the unknown one. A man who does not talk to the media, nor makes any transfers, instead relying on a fantastic team he had built in the inception seasons. Promotion from the championship was widely recognised, and Edinson Cavani was a man on a mission scoring and assisting 28 times each in just 36 outings. Toni Kroos and Alexis Sanchez are other players to look out for.

Cavani-By-Pablo-331x540.png

Peterborough United:

Bookmakers make Zayd's Peterborough underwhelming favourites for the drop this season and it's easy to see why. Having only narrowly escaped relegation in season 9, it's hard to find where the 40 survival points will come from this season with most teams having superior teams on paper. However Zayd is a great tactician and may well work another miracle this season. Best players are Spanish goalkeeper Moya and striker Morata.

Plymouth Argyle:

David Crawford has established Plymouth as a mid table Premierleague club, who can beat any team on a given day and who should beat the drop and possibly even make the top 10 yet again. Salvatore Sirigu and JuanFran are the most notable players

Shorpe United:

Having miraculously beat the drop on the last day last season Riece Monro's Shorphe will yet again be up against it, especially with Bolton, Newcastle and Aston Villa coming up who are all arguably better teams. Riece will look to Claudio Marchisio and Mathieu Valbuena to beat defences and earn them wins this season.

Sheffield United:

One of the managers of the season, Gonzodan combined a very promising youthful side with his managerial expertise to push Pip so close to the title, eventually finishing second which is still outstanding. Can the lighting strike twice? Or strike even stronger next season? Mario Gotze, and Diego Godin will try to point the lighting to the right direction again this season.

Render+de+Gotze-Bayern+Munchen.png

Sheffield Wednesday:

Another team that will likely be pressed against the ropes this season and will be happy to avoid the drop. The star players are Luis Nani and Dusan Tadic, so plenty of assisting in store if they could invest into a capable centre forward, which at the moment is the missing link in the side.

Tottenham Hotspur:

Jack's Spurs will be a dark horse having won the league 2 seasons ago and coming 6th last season. Sergio Ramos, Gonzalo Higuain, and Arturo Vidal are the best players in the team, however Vidal has been on the transfer block for a while and is unlikely to be in Jack's team next season.

Sergio-Ramos-and-Higuain-sergio-ramos-33806861-500-304.png

West Bromwich Albion:

It seems like ages now that WBA were crowned 7777's first ever Premierleague winners, much to everyone's surprise and their fans delight. Just as they were then, they are now just as capable of doing so again with John Henry in charge who has reunited the Bender twins over the summer and they will be key players to WBA's second title charge.

tumblr_lnyht0W5eI1qjocxo.jpg

History:

Season 10: ?

Season 9:Arsenal

Season 8:Tottenham Hotspur

Season 7:Blackpool

Season 6:Manchester United

Season 5:Manchester United

Season 4:Manchester City

Season 3:Tottenham Hotspur

Season 2:Wolverhampton Wanderers

Season 1:West Bromwich Albion

2dm5avt.png

Aston Villa release squad list for season 10

0,,10265~3776513,00.jpg

ASTON VILLA FIRST TEAM:

Goalkeepers:

#1 Thibaut Courtois

#50 Anthony Mandrea

#71 Raúl Gudiño

courty.png

Thibaut Courtois will guard the Villa goal for 6th consecutive season

Defenders:

#2 Rafael

#3 Serge Aurier

#4 Kurt Zouma

#5 Corrêa Marquinhos

#13 Christophe Jallet

#15 Jetro Willems

marqui.png

Marquinhos has now established himself as the leading figure in Villa's defence

Midfielders:

#8 Duarte Bernard

#10 Wesley Sneijder ©

#11 Florian Thauvin

#12 Ramires

#14 Dries Mertens

#16 Lucas Silva

#17 Dennis Praet

#29 Lucas Moura

#34 Nigel De Jong (VC)

#90 Younes Belhanda

wesley.png

Captain Wesley Sneijder will look to guide Villa to their first ever Premierleague title

Forwards:

#7 Rodriguez Pedro

#9 Mauro Icardi

#19 Diego Costa

#22 Michy Batshuayi

#30 Luc Casnos

#31 Raheem Sterling

costaa.pngsterling.png

Diego Costa and Raheem Sterling will look to provide the vital goals this season