English Championship 7777 - Match Reports,Transfer news etc.

O'Donnell

Re: English Championship 7777 - Match Reports,Transfer news etc.

Christian Ledesma - Boro's new box to box midfielder

Middlesbrough_crest.png

Since the 02/03 season , Christian Ledesma has been considered one of the most consistant and important midfielders in Serie A. The Argentina international has amased just over 240 appearence for his previous 2 clubs Leece and Lazio since making his debut in 2001.

Ledesma is currently under going a medical at Middlesbrough's fitness center which is being over looked by club assistant Juninhio and new first team coach Gareth Southgate who is set to be unvield at the club latter tonight. Ledesma has cost the Teeside club the fee of £9,000 and Scottish striker Kris Boyd who was only returned from his loan spell at Nottingham Forest a few days ago. He is now expected to become the missing link in the Boro midfield which will feature 4 other world class players in Gary Medel , Michele Pazienza , Bruno Cesar and Gorginio Wijnaldum. Ledesma wasn't the first choice for Boro however after failed moves for Ever Banega , Thiago Motta and Vidal ; Duffy seeked advice from within and Sergio Floccari was the most eager to suggest Christian Ledesma from his previous club Lazio. One thing led to another and a deal was put in place to unite the two ex Lazio players.

04.jpg

Christian Ledesma in action

In other news Florian Trinks has aggreed to join Boro for a fee of £770,000 , the young German winger will now be implemented into the tough love youth system at Boro of which there is currently no director. It is also roumered that a loan deal to Morcambe may be on the cards.

Ledesma: It's great to join a club like Boro , they are a side really going places and although i had offers from bigger clubs in Italy and the rest of Europe as well as options back in South America i felt this was the right move for me. Sergio Floccari played a huge part in me moving here , he told me how great the fans , facilites and local area was and i owe him alot for telling the club about me and getting me a move here.

Stoke_City.jpg

end-nigh.jpg

Players for sale at Stoke City

29180_1275751319.jpg

Ryan Shawcross

Want 9 million please, not a penny less

2080_1209755861.jpg

Jonathan Walters

Giving he'll probably rise, I would like no less than 5 million please.

14960_1258962036.jpg634_1225214747.jpg

Carl Dickinson and Andrew Davies

Carl can go for around 2 million and Andrew for 1 million

open-door-policy-cartoon.jpg

Any inquiries vm or pm me.

Thank you.

Breaking News

Huddersfield Town F.C. Sign Ivan Rakitic from Sevilla . The In-Form Central Midfielder has signed a 4 Year Contract with a salary of

£27,750 per Turn

Ivan Rakitic celebrating a goal for Croatia .

03.jpg

This is what the player has had to say.

I am Delighted to join Huddersfield . I gave a lot of thought to my decision but in the End my dad and I decided that I should join this great club with a great history.The rest you will see on the pitch.

weeklyshrimper4-1.png

Issue 1

Writers note: Welcome to my first Weekly Shrimper report :D obviously this issue is going to be a lot different to future reports because of the lack of games besides the friendly. However I hope you enjoy the read, and you never know you might be included in the other news section. Also future issues will be released on Fridays.

Morecambe Unveil New Manager.

morecambelogowithbrick.png

Yes the big news this week is that Morecambe have announced that their new manager for the first season in 7777 is Alex O’Donnell.

His appointment was made at around 4 o’clock Monday on a busy day of English Championship business where every team hired their manager for the new league ahead. In an interview new Shrimper boss Alex said that he plans to stay here for the long haul.

Quote: I’ve wanted to manage Morecambe in a competitive league for ages, and I’m glad I’ve now got the chance to manage a team from the start in a competitive league. Of course I want to stay here for the long run, even if we do miss out on my target which is promotion. After all we have the money and resources to do so despite Capaldi’s quick departure to Oxford before the season which was of course a great loss. However getting promotion won’t be easy, there are some quality managers such as Stuart at Maccies, Lenny at Accrington and of course there are a lot of new managers wanting to make a name for themselves such as Jor who has great potential at Stockport and Benji is the same at Southend. But as strong as the opponents my side will continue to play attacking football with a passion and will fear nobody in division 4.

Interviewer: So your very confident, but what exactly is the future for Morecambe? With an ageing squad and a downfall in league positions, is promotion really a realistic target?

Quote: Oh most definitely. I mean sure yes there will be some major changes to the squad but hopefully promotion can be achieved with the squad I can put together.

The Midweek Matches.

So midweek a friendly against Sir Mark Hughes’s Birmingham awaited Alex’s Morecambe side. Obviously Division 1 Birmingham wouldn't be the easiest opponents, but the lads still gave it their all.

Straight off the bat Birmingham were all over Morecambe, Cappone pulled off some magnificant saves but couldn't keep out a 20 yard thump by Cassano on 4 minutes.

And on 14 minutes it just got worse for Morecambe as Lavezzi slotted home an amazing volley.

Later on Morecambe began to pressure through Torres pressing on and young Taylor taking a shot from 25 yards out which just went wide. And on 42 minutes Morecambe got a goal back from a Taylor pass which fell to Ronan Finn who converted it.

However 2 minutes later some neat footwork from Hleb knocked the stuffing out off Morecambe as Birmingham made it 3-1 just before Half-time.

The second half was pretty bleak, with just 2 shots from Torres and Tosic but eventually Hleb made it 4-1 and game over on 72 minutes with again some neat footwork.

And so a disappointing first game for Morecambe, but Alex remains Adamant that his side will perform this season. On to the big game preview!

The Big Game Preview

With the big kick off for all divisions this Saturday. An away trip to Stockport is in line for the shrimps as Alex hoping to get off to winning ways:

Its an important game this Saturday, I mean everybody wants to get off to winning ways at the start of the season. And with it being a strong Jor side away from home it won't be easy. But I have faith in the lads and hopefully they can pull something off.

Morecambe doubts: Carrington (Knee), Salom (Fitness), Sabo (Fitness).

Stockport doubts: None.

Injuries: None

Possible Morecambe Line-up

1. Cappone

2. Boye

3. Sabo

4. Josse

5. Nakazawa

6. Hurst

7. Pawlowski

8. De Wit

9. Finn

10. Tosun

11. Torres

Other News.: In other news, lots of managers have been discussing how they are going to go about the season, from the giant spenders Man City to the Ginger scouters at Oxford, every club is aiming for promotion in what is going to be a long, enduring yet exciting first season in 7777. Which clubs will succeed and get their targets and which will fall victim to the cursed plague that is NMF!

New looks to Boro Coaching Staff

Middlesbrough_crest.png

With the announcement that club legend Juninhio had become the Assistant manager of Middlesbrough earlier in the week , fans were left wondering if new manager Ashley Duffy would be making any more changes to the staff set up but today it has been comfirmed a complete overhaul will be taking place.

Firslty First team Coach Mark Procter has been replaced by club legend and former manager
Gareth Southgate
, who will combine roles with Juninho and share equal responsibility for man management and training while Ashley Duffy will be responsible for picking the team and dictating signings. Gareth Southgate , who left the club under a cloud after getting them relegated to the Championship in his last year of management has supprised many by his return to the Boro staff but he is sure to be a fans favourite on the Boro Staff.

Gareth-Southgate-001.jpg

Mr Boro himself returns home

Another Legend to join the Middlebrough staff today has been
Alek Boksic
, the former Boro striker who finished his carrear at the Smoggies has Become a coach alongside former midfielder
Mendieta
under the instruction of Gareth Southgate. Alek scored 22 goals in 68 games and is respected around the Riverside , while Mendieta has been a club legend since he moved to Boro from Lazio on loan in which he played in two succsesful campaigns scoring 4 times in 62 appearences.

boksic400x300.jpg

Alek Bosik returns as a coach

Ray Palour has also joined the club as head scout , the former Arsenal midfielder only featured on a number of occasions for the Teesiders but is now expected to pick out the British gems emerging on the youth scene years ahead of them featuring in first teams around the country. Rays expierence and straight to the point attitude has seemingly attracted him to new boss Ashley Duffy who will be expecting players such as Jack Stephens and Florian Trinks - who Parlour is responsible for advising the club to buy , can continously be found.

12_400_400x300.jpg

Ray Parlour in action

The last legend to have joined the Teeside staff today is former striker
Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink
. The Dutchmans role at the club is understood to be Reserve team manager although he has also been given the task of promoting youth players from the youth squads to the first team. Jerrel (aka Jimmy Floyd) made a name for himself at the Riverside after joining from Chelsea on a free in 2004, although only playing 2 season at Boro before moving onto Charlton , fans will recall the 23 goals he scored in his two terms with delight as Jimmy was part of the team that managed to reach the 2004 Uefa cup final.

article-1235371-0433D1290000044D-413_468x362.jpg

Jimmy always had a way of controlling others

Duffy: Once we got Juninho back we saw the impact that returning club legends had on the fans. Jimmy , Alek , Mendieta , Juninho , Ray Palour and Gareth Southgate will hopefully not only give the fans a huge talking point , but will add there previous footballing expience to the cause and help us get promoted. Steve (Gibson) told me that anyway that would help us get up he would fund and the lads were happy to come back and help out.

Saints Show they Are Up For it!

Reading 1 - 1 Southampton

Friendly Match

Thursday 26 May 2011

Stadium: Madejski (24,224)

Attendance: 5,254

Goals:

R.LAMBERT 39

M.MUNIESA

The Southampton Team

1 - S MIGNOLET

2 - P PEKARIK

3 - J ALBA

4 - M SCHNEIDERLIN

5 - G NIEDERMEIER

6 - M EDU

7 - A LJAJIC

8 - J MATILLA

9 - © R LAMBERT

10 - A LALLANA

11 - M STOCH

The Stats

Possession

51% --------------------------- 49%

Total Shots

17 ------------------------------ 17

Shots On Target

11 ------------------------------- 10

Corners

3 ------------------------------- 3

Yellow Cards

0 ------------------------------- 1

Red Cards

1 ------------------------------- 0

Brief Scenario

First Half

Javier Matilla was busy, in the third and fourth minute creating opportunities, but nothing came of them. In the 21st Minute Jay Boothroyd attempted a shot on target for Reading but the Defender out leaped him. In the 38th minute Adam Lallana pushed a Counter-attack ending in the 39th minute as Rickie Lambert hit a powerful right foot shot into the onion bag! John Motson "Oh Yes, A Goal, He'll be proud of that one!" Peter Pekarik almost made it 2-0 to the Saints. It ended 1-0 to the Away Team at the Break.

Second Half

As soon as the Second Half kicked off Southampton were caught Napping and ex-Barcelona player Muniesa headed home from a cross. 1-1! Nothing happened until the last few minutes of game then onwards in terms of Goal Scoring Opportunties. In 83rd minute Stepanenko did well to get in the way of a thundering shot. In the 84th up the other end of the pitch a clear crisp strike by Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang hit the side netting. Matilla strayed offside when if he held is run would of been 1 on 1 with the keeper, and finally Fran Merida found himself in time and space but nothing is made of it.

Ending 1-1.

One of the Most Even Affairs I have seen, drawing with a Championship Team with the Quality to Push on towards the Premier League is creditable to our Team. This was only a friendly though, the real season kicks off Saturday, away again against Swindon.

- Chris Lord, Southampton Manager

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR0LWT4xEKgxym8pqWa7XJNceWR4YS7WpJbShjthOLDtMtAkdKVIQ&t=1

leedsunitedfcbadge.jpg

Leeds and Wimbledon Link Gets Stronger

leeds_united_crest.jpgAFC_Wimbledon.png

On Wednesday Evening it was annoced by the board at Division Five side AFC Wimbledon that they had gone into partnership with Division Two side Leeds United. It is said that Leeds had decided they we're going to look for a feeder club so some developing players in the squad could play competive minutes for teams lower down the leauge spectrum and also pick up experience. Wimbeldon boss Josh Horne approached Leeds Unied manager Aaron Duffy shortly after the club had released a press statement asking for a club to come forward. Wimbeldon beat off opposition from many Division Three clubs and even Millwall of Division Two to become the Feeder club to the once great Leeds United. The Partnership is said to be very posative with both sides trying under new management to reclaim former Glorys. So now down to bussiness at first it seemed that Leeds would have little to give in the way of quality players to Wimbledon and this was seen as totaly acceptable by the Wimbledon Board who made the agreement looking at the future when both clubs have been able to develop further under the new management , however in the last 24 hours after Duffy miss caculated some deals it became apparent that the crazy gang would be in for a suprise after a early morning phonecalls between the managers it had been agreed that the recently signed Pablo Sarabia who joined Leeds from Spanish Giants Real Madrid Sarabia is a huge talent and it is hoped he will develop under the skillful management at Wimbledon. Wimbledon fans we're said to be very excited by the arrival however there was then another amazing phone call in which Duffy told 'Jozua' he had first picks on two more signings these players came in the shape of Argentine Midfielder Cristian Erbes the 21 year old central midfielder is said to be very excited about playing for a club such as wimbeldon and is hoping he can prove himself by pushing the club towards promotion. The second player brang up in the phone call which has now also joined Wimbeldon is Camerroon Left back Charley Fomen who joined leeds from french favorites Marseille after a succesful season on loan at Dijon who we're promoted from the second division of french football. Fomen is pleased that he has the chance to learn the english game at a lower level before being involved in first team matters at leeds. Leeds boss Duffy is said to be delighted that all three players have been loaned to Wimbledon as he feels that the three players can come through the ranks there and help the division five club to great things this season.

Duffy:

Its brilliant that we've been able to help out Wimbledon there a great club and deserve to be back up the divisions , it was a easy choice to pick them to take on are loans as we are sure they will help are player develop to a good level and we have every confidence in there management down there i would like to thank josh and wish them all the best for the season.

leedsunitedfcbadge.jpg

Breaking News - Leeds Appoint Botswanan Manager as Assistant Manager

Tshosane_455.jpg

Stanley Tshosane Appointed As Duffys Number Two

In a bizzare move new Leeds United Manager Aaron Duffy has approached Botswana Manager Stanley Tshosane as the Clubs assistant manager after he led botswana boss led his nation to the African Club of nations next year overcoming Tunesia and Togo in the group stages. It is said that Tshosane has been brought in to help the team develop and blend much like his botswanan team did in the qualifers however the Botswanan will be combining both jobs and will be expected to arrange training camps and attend fixture for the national team for this has been written into his contract at leeds although it is said that Duffy will offer the leeds training ground as the venue for the training camp. Stanley Tshosane has also been appointed due to his knowledge of African football and it is hoped by many Leeds Officals that the General as he is known can bring in some of the best up and coming players from the African Region. Leeds fans are said to be very excited by the news and it is hoped his unknown background can bring some new unheard of training methods and tactics to the club. The Botswana Manager has signed his contract today worth £12,000 a week on a 7 year deal at the club the reasoning behind the long contract is yet unknown but this does mean that the General is signed up for at least 21 seasons.

Duffy:

The Fans are going to love Stanley he's a gental giant dont let his picture tell you otherwise i think the lads here are going to love working under him hes got a brillaint approach to the way he co-ordinates himself and the opputunity for the players to train with the botswanan national team and for us to be able to have more knowledge of African talents is surely a great thing for the club.

Bradford City have completed the season long loan of Manchester United's young midfielder Oliver Norwood

Oliver%20Norwood

Norwood joins fellow loanee Conor Wickham at the club who have sent back Scot Dobie and Tom Adeyemi to Queen of the South and Norwich respectively. "Oliver has made his international debut recently for Northern Ireland and is getting better. As you can imagine technically he is very good and he can pick out a pass. Regular games will help his game", added manager Lee Reynolds. Bradford are hoping to land 1 more loanee and are waiting on offer made to a premier league club.

2 more deals were accepted today with free agent David Targamadze joining for £218k. David a winger/am has been playing in the Ukraine and assistant Peter Taylor spotted him while on a trip out there 6 months ago and has kept tabs on him ever since.

?w=141&h=141

"I like what I saw and when he became available I talked to Lee and showed him a few videos. David came over for a brief trial and the rest is history", said Taylor.

Kamil Karas will also become a Bradford player after a fee of £180k was agreed with his club MFK Kosice. Karas a midfielder is one for the future at 20 years old.

article?img_id=KAMIL_KARAS.obrazok_hraca&version=1.0

A deal for a centre back has hit a slight snag but it is hoped that by tomorow the deal will be finalised.

Match Preview

Histon --------------------------------------------Cambridge United

2869.gif-----------------images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSJ9OZyjs9cG_wC2A61x83N-RYxdxZzep-Fh0GVizllOiPfmAZ1cg

Competition :-

Division 5

Date :- Saturday 28 May 2011

Referee :- Alan Wiley

Saturday night will mark the beginning of yet another new season in english football. Histon manager said he will be looking to finish in top half of the Division V this season. On the contrary, many pundits and even Histon's chairman believes they would be lucky if they were able to avoid last two spots in division V.

Histon's first challenge will be against a very formidable cambridge team who will be looking to get all three points at Bridge Road. Though, Histon's manager claims that he will be provide a stern test for their opposition and will be aiming for a bright start to the new season.

Previous Form

charlton 2-0 Histon

Histon was easily beaten by the division III team at The valley as the Uruguayan striker Abel Hernandez struck two past a hapless David Knight.

Cambridge 2-1 Dagenham and Redbridge

Cambridge defied the odds to beat the Division III team. They came back from a goal behind courtesy a screamer from Iturbe and a smart lob from David Partridge.

Players to Watch out

Histon : Edin Visca- young winger from Bosnia had signed for club's record transfer fee is already being touted as the best player Histonever had.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ7CONxlttiDw3bLTvphRm1TsAOTajW0UcbkbXfj6lI0E0m616L

Edin Visca

Cambridge: Juan Iturbe - already touted as future star for Albicelestes. Many pundits claims that he will be the best player in Division V this season and after seeing his goal in the pre season, I don't doubt it.

Player_180.jpg

Juan Iturbe

Prediction

Cambridge have a stronger team but Histon won't lay down for them. It will Histon's defense versus Cambridge's attack.

Verdict

Histon 1:3 Cambridge

WestHamLogo.gif

NEW MANAGER NEW PLAYERS NEW AMBITION

With West Ham United being granted a reprieve from relegation the clubs owners decided that drastic measures were required and as such they went all out to bring in world class manager Kari to Upton Park.

At first Kari was reluctant to accept the offer of managing what she viewed as a sinking ship, however with a £20M per year contract on offer plus a £150M transfer kitty and a promise of full control over the club Kari decided to accept. The West Ham faithful were initially overjoyed when Sky Sports broke the news, however some of her comments during the live press conference were met with disdain amongst a lot of the Hammers faithful.

I'd love to say it's an honour to manage this club, but its not. This is a huge step down for me and drastic changes will need to be made. The team showed how hopeless they were last season and by all rights should be relegated. However they have been given a second chance and they should be thanking their lucky stars that i am here now. I will transform this club from a bunch of no hopers into a club that can compete at the top level, i will bring in quality players and we will play beautiful football.

Despite some of the negative comments about their club a lot of West Ham's fans were delighted that Kari has come in to save there club and are looking forward to a new, hopefully successful, era.

SergioAguero_997798c.jpg

Sergio Agüero to West Ham?

Within minutes of the press conference the internet was awash with rumours of what "quality players" Kari would be signing. Unsurprisingly the most prominent rumour was that Sergio Agüero was heading to Upton Park. The Argentine striker has a good relationship with Kari and always seems to go wherever she goes. There was also strong rumours that Kari had been scouting Brazilian wonderkid Neymar and that he would be tempted with a move to London. Some more optimistic fans suggested that Messi and Ronaldo were going to sign.

Whoever was going to sign one thing was clear, that these were exciting times to be a supporter of West Ham United.

WestHamLogo.gif

Agüero joins West Ham

As had been widely rumoured and expected the first player signed by Kari was 22 year old striker Sergio Agüero, who signed in a record breaking 40M deal. During the press conference Agüero spoke of his loyatly to Kari and how he was privileged to be working with her again.

training-session-in-buenos-aires-on-september-3-2009-capt606ac563ef27424cb15f33ce6a35e587argentina_wcup_soccer_xnp111.jpg

Agüero speaking about his new manager

I am delighted to be here at West Ham, where my fellow countrymen Tevez and Mascherano once played, and i hope we can do great things here. I want to score many goals and help the team to great success. I want to thank Kari for her continued faith in me by bringing me to this club. For me there is no better manager than Kari and noone i would rather play for. It is an honour and a privilige to be here and i know there will be great things ahead for us.

sergio_kun_aguero_y-su-novia.jpg

Kari welcomes Sergio to London

Kari spoke of her delight at grabbing her man:

I am so happy that Sergio has agreed to come here. I know it couldn't of been an easy decision for him joining this club and i want to thank him for taking this leap of faith with me. With him on board i feel much more confident that we can turn this shambles into something fantastic. And if we fail we will both move on to bigger and better things anyways.

Plenty more signings are expected over the coming days with several deals said to be extremely close to completion.

2dm5avt.png

Julio to the rescue for Villa

Julio_Cesar_Scotland_v_Brazil_International_2_Lp_G.jpg

Aston Villa tonight are pleased to announce the signing of the 31 year old Brazil number 1 goalkeepr Julio Cesar. Manager Frozen made a last minute rush bid to sign a former Inter Milan shot stopper after Victor Valdes initially signed and received a phonecall from Stoke's manager Rhys Evans, promising bigger money, nice cars and a lot of hot girls*

This likely means an exit for a long term keeper Brad Friedel, as Robert Zieler will deputise as number 2, as well as having young Thibaut Courtois on loan at Wrexham.

* According to a frustrated Villa manager

leedsunitedfcbadge.jpg

It's All Change At Leeds

sp15dc-minijose.jpg

Duffy Excited By Big Changes At Club

Since Duffy took over Leeds United late on sunday night it has been his challenge to totally change the first team and extend the prevouis squad which only consisted of 20 players plus two loans but now the squad sits nicely on 25 with four players out on loan which bodes well for the future of the club. The revoloution at the club started very late monday night when it was annonced a number of players would be joining including spanish forward Alvaro Negredo. To the shock and suprise of the leeds united fans the spending spree continued with no less that 27 players signing adding a very fresh look to the Leeds United squad ahead of the first leauge fixture against Swansea City this weekend however it will be a tough first game for the new squad as hardly any or non in some cases have ever played with each over although the Leeds nied Officials have annonced that the training this week has been mainly concentrating on team blend and communication skill but it is said the spirt in the camp has been improving throughout the year.

LeedsSquadStartOfSeasonOne.jpg

Above is the Leeds United Squad from monday morning the squad was worth around 65 million according to club owner Ken bates who is apparently looking to sell the club only shortley after purcasing them legally. The prevouis squad lack real depth and if injurys had struck there could have been big problems filling in the position. The two loans in the squad from monday Barry Bannan and George McCartney who are on loan from Aston Villa and Sunderland Respectivley have been kept on for the remainder of the season after Leeds Manager Aaron Duffy and other Leeds Officals decided that keeping on the two players would allow for the club to out Four of the more inexperienced players which have recently been brought in to be loaned to division five and four sides and this is hoped to help build bridges with clubs lower down the leauge spectrum. After the 27 signings we're annonced it is was said that the new squad was worth in the region of 123 million plus 5 million worth of players loaned out meaning that the squad had nearly doubled its value in the space of four days. Leeds we're one of the first clubs to fully finish there transfers and dealings in the transfer market but club officals have told the fans that decisions we're not rushed and every player was researched and the contacts negotiated with for the best of the club. With the squad completed so early on it is hoped that the club can push on a improve and gel quicker than some others in the division however it looks like it could be a very tough season for Leeds with alot of clubs in the division picking up some very good signings. Below is the new squad.

AfterSignings1.jpg

There are some world class signings there which has shocked every leeds fan who would have thought that leeds would sign players such as Negredo , Valera and Cheyrou. The feeling at Elland Road is that this could be the season they get back to the big time and they will be hoping that the rotating forwards Negredo and Kozak will be hitting the target on a reqular basis it is yet unknown if Duffy is going to stick with a 4-3-3 or change to his trusted 4-2-3-1 or possibley even a 4-4-2 however the new back room staff at Leeds will be hopeing they can get off to a winning start against the traveling Swansea team. Apparently according to recent club fiqures shirt sales are up 89% and the most popular shirt is of course Blaszczykowski which is said to be making an absoloutely massive amount of money for the club.

main.manchester_united_logo.jpg

Manchester United's season opening Starting XI

3355_1299210965.jpg

Akinfeev 91

18338_1293802321.jpg3415_1294893578.jpg1110_1290584529.jpg

Silva 93.............Vidic 96............Pique 95

1119_1282633102.jpg

Fletcher 92

10554_1275045666.jpg5295_1281682311.jpg13512_1286811981.jpg18422_1303696845.jpg

Nani 92.............Sahin 91............Hamsik 91.............Di Maria 92

1139_1275045650.jpg20685_1281552966.jpg

Rooney 95...........Hernandez 89

Very happy with the way my team has come together to start this league, I know I don't have the star power of Chelsea or Arsenal but I built my squad with not just this season in mind but long term as well, I do think I have enough depth & quality in my team to compete with anyone but not expecting to win the title in season 1.

Reading_FC_logo.jpg

Reading Power To Be Shown With Young Stars!

43513_1303068295.jpg

-----KOVAL 85-----

20402_1294494488.jpg27978_1273601878.jpg35221_1256287293.jpg7768_1279651930.jpg

--- SCHWAAB 88 --- SIDNEI 87 --- AIRTON 87 --- AOGO 88 ---

4773_1280900348.jpg24580_1276727356.jpg34873_1291843352.jpg

---- HUNT 88 ---- STEPANENKO 86 ---- EKICI 86 ----

13439_1297702694.jpg121_1245704165.jpg34634_1283709589.jpg

---- PARK 88 ---- BOTHROYD 85 ---- AUBAMEYANG 86 ----

AvR: 87

AvA: 22

My squad is starting to look real nice long term and have the depth to switch around players when needed, managed to sign up coming players like Wickham and Van Aanholt for the long term of the club just hope my chose in players works out.

Sky Sports News, Kosuke Ota

georgie-thompson.jpg

It is understood that Japanese Player, Kosuke Ota, aged 23 who can play the Centre back and Left Back has been caught by Southampton. Kosuke Ota will be available to comment within the next ten minutes in a promotion. We all thought that Saints wouldn't buy until the other names begin to come available, well they haven't!

- Georgie Thompson, Sky Sports News

Ten Minutes Passes By!

Kosuke Ota

23469_1282672175.jpg

私は残して、イングランドになったことを喜んでいます私の家、日本は大変でした。私は、上にプッシュしていけば私の国より強いと戻ってきて、世界のカップで私の国のためにプレー願っています。これにサウサンプトンに移動するよりはありません。それは簡単です私は磨いてほしい私の英語のように、今後数週間のうちに私を理解しています。

- Kosuke Ota, Press Conference Southampton

Voice Dub of the Above

I am happy to be in England, leaving my home Japan was tough. I hope to push on, and hopefully come back to my country stronger, and play for my country at a world cup. There is more to this than a move to Southampton. I hope to polish up my English so it is Easier for you to understand me in the coming weeks.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR0LWT4xEKgxym8pqWa7XJNceWR4YS7WpJbShjthOLDtMtAkdKVIQ&t=1

Another Big Signing for Wrexham!

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR05Ji2WeJQFDNMl09idC7wbkyop6leEDy4mebGWhl9wsxtF_P2kA

Benat in action

Fans at the Racecourse ground were overwhelmed with excitement after yet another big signing was unveiled to a packed press conference. Benat Etxebarria yesterday completed his move from newly promoted club, Real Betis, joined compatriots Alejandro Arribas and Sanchez Ilie at the club. He plays mainly as a defensive midfielder but manager Barnaby Dowling is apparently planning to play him in a more expansive midfield role with the ever improving Eric Tie Bi covering him and protecting a three man defense. Barnaby Dowling had this to say:

He is a fantastic player and he will be very important at this level. If he can get his passing game to its best he'll be as good as anyone in this division. As far as big signings go, that is it for now, but there are a couple of smaller signings on the horizon.

In other news, young players Dejan Zigon, Dejan Krljanovic and Haukur Baldvinsson have arrived to meat out the squad and hopefully develop into quality players. Another competed signing is that of Joe Thompson for £80,000. The forward is the third and final player to arrive from League 1 club Rochdale. Although all three ex-Dale players are expected to play minor roles this season, Thompson will be the closest to the first 11 with only 3 players in front of him in the queue at the moment.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTfVr8Jk646BriBW6tu5QJhLsjD1nyvter4MavWXndeSx82azyw

Thompson celebrates one of his many League 1 goals

Finally, French defensive midfielder Eric Tie Bi has been performing better in training than anyone had predicted and he is expected to be one of Wrexham's top performers this season. Barnaby Dowling had this to say:

If we were to hypothetically rate him out of 100, I thought I was getting a 75. But, since this morning, he has been playing like an 82. We all hope than he can continue his great from.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSJp0FraMFDcZrXd1oCS5DzynEwlUs__A6PNmqroC7peKuLwvqbzQ

Tie Bi has impressed in training

WestHamLogo.gif

TRANSFER NEWS

Following on from the arrival of Sergio Agüero were several more high profile players:

tumblr_ljzah6hqTM1qg8cp9o1_500.jpg

Mario Götze

Götze is a hugely talented 18 year old German international. His range of passing is fantastic, his skill, vision, awareness and technical ability are of a very high standard for one so young. He has all the potential to be one of the worlds best players and i am delighted to have secured his signing.

The deal was reported to be worth in the region of £20M. Despite interest from the likes of Arsenal, Manchester United, Tottenham, Aston Villa and Everton, Götze decided that a move to West Ham was his best option.

n_20100702100845_ca_negocie_pour_ganso.jpg

GANSO

Rumours had been circulating that West Ham were after Santos' star striker Neymar, however it was their star midfielder they were actually after and they managed to sign him in a £15M deal. 21 year old Ganso is a full Brazilian internationalist with a ton of potential. West Ham reportedly beat off competition from Liverpool for his signature.

Ibrahim-Afellay-101224-Unveiled-AI-300.jpg

AFELLAY

Adding to West Hams new collection of young talented midfielders was Dutchman Ibrahim Afellay, who signed from Barcelona in a deal worth around 12M. Manchester City were said to be close to completing a deal for the player, before a last minute bid from the Hammers changed all that.

gattuso-gi_1656278c.jpg

GATTUSO

With the newly acquired attacking flair in the middle of the park it was felt that a dog of war was needed to come into the midfield to provide essential battling qualities. Gennaro Gattuso was that dog and he will bring with him essential experience from the highest possible level, and at the cut price of £5M he is seen as a bargain.

David-Pizarro-2.jpg

PIZARRO

31 year old Chilean David Pizarro was another battling midfielder brought in at a bargain price, again only costing a mere £5M. Whilst the flair players will get all the attention, he will quietly go about his business and could prove a vital ingredient in the clubs strive for success.

70DC5C207A01265C64649F_Large.jpg

BARNETTA

Tranquillo Barnetta was brought in to provide some much needed width to the team. He signed from Bayer Leverkusen in a £10M deal.

Antoine-Griezmann.jpg

GRIEZMANN

20 year old winger Antoine Griezmann joined from Real Sociedad in a £10M deal. He boasts blistering pace, excellent technical ability and dribbling skills, and Kari is said to be a massive fan of his.

ivica-olic.jpg

OLIC

31 year old Croatian forward Ivica Olic joined in a £7M deal. The player is a workaholic and will give 110% every single match, his efforts will get the whole team going and the fans behind them.

raul+press+2.jpg

RAUL

The signing of 33 year old Raul could well prove to be a masterstroke. However short term he may be he will bring class to the team, and could be the perfect foil for strike partner Sergio Agüero.

o_river_plate_manuel_lanzini-2654417.jpg

LANZINI

Manuel Lanzini is another player Kari is a huge fan of. At 18 his ability is still raw and he will need to be nurtured before he is ready to be a regular starter at West Ham, however he has all the potential to be a future star and at £2M he is seen as an absolute steal.

Defensively the Hammers have brought in FC Porto's Brazilian goalkeeper Arruda Helton, Uruguayan Diego Lugano and the Argentine quartet of Wálter Samuel, Gabriel Milito, Gabriel Heinze and Ezequiel Garay.

With West Ham's team now in place they could now turn their attention to the seasons opener, against Arsenal at Upton Park on Saturday, exclusively live on SS1 kick off 8pm.

leedsunitedfcbadge.jpg

Match Programme - Season One Turn One

Leeds United V Swansea City

NPower-Championship-Logo-800_246664616.jpg

Leeds United Vs Swansea City

8pm , Elland Road

Offical Programme

Fans around the Country have been counting down the Weeks , Days and hours until the new football season kicks off 116 teams take to the pitch for a 8pm kick off on Saturday evening. Teams from division one to division five will be hopeing to get off to a good start and pick up some early points to help kick off there season in the right way. Tonight we Welcome Welsh opponents Swansea City who like are beloved Leeds United have appointed a new manager in the shape of Rob Walshe. Tonights Fixture is both Aaron Duffy's and New Swansea Manager Rob Walshe's first competative games in charge and it is sure that both managers will be going for the win on the opening day of the season. The Swans start the Campaign off the back of a good campaign under ex manager Brendan Rodgers and Swans fans will be hoping that the new manager will be able to take the club to the next level starting with a win here tonight at elland road however Duffy is said to be in high spirts ahead of the game and news from the training camp is that we are more of a unit at this time of the season than we ever have been before.

Are first Article today is focusing on the New manager and his hopes for the coming season. Mr Duffy found time out of his busy schedule to meet up with are own Gary Kelly to discuss his hopes and thoughts on the coming season and even has a suprise for are interviewer.

Gary Kelly :
So , the first thing i think every fan reading this article is whats are chances of winning saturday night and do you think we have enough to overcome The Jacks ?

Duffy :
We have every chance of grabbing the win i wouldnt bother making the lads turn up if i thought otherwise. We will go out and attack from the first minute tomorrow thats the only way you can go about beating one of Rob's teams he sets them up so there very hard to break down we're going to have to hope some of are quality is produced during the game and not just on the training pitch , Tomorrow ill be setting the lads up to win the game so there be no excuses for lazyness or lack of commitment.

Gary Kelly :
You've recently stated that you feel the club should be aiming for a top 10 finish when others have said you should be aiming higher , why is this ?

Duffy:
i'm a person who doesnt like to think ahead to far , i feel if we start thinking about what could happen on turn 46 then we wont be concentrating on the more current fixtures , i feel we have the squad to go far but the first aim for this club is to reach 45 points and however quickly we do that i feel will determin how are season goes i would like to think that we have one of the better squads in the leauge but we will be taking it one game at a time and to pick up three points consitantly.

Gary Kelly :
You have managed many clubs in your time in management is this one your most importent yet ?

Duffy:
Yes very much so i'm a life long fan of the clubs in my life we've been to semi finals of european competitions we've been top of the premier leauge and i've watched us slip to the third tier and lose in two play off finals so i know how much it means to the fans and i want to take this club back to the big time its importent for me to help this club my club back to the top flight as it deserves to be there i promise the fans now ill never leave this club regardless of who approachs me.

Gary Kelly:
Getting Back onto Tomorrow what can the fans expect from the new lads there's been big changes are the new players up to the challenge?

Duffy:
For Sure , i personnally spoke to every one of are 27 new signings in depth ive been involved in around 100 phone calls in the last four days speaking to players the 27 we signed are all fully commited to the club and understand what is wanted and needed from them. I hope that they will all have the chance to shine at this club and push the club in the right direction. I think fans should be expecting a very quick attacking team which has geled very quickly and have already started to bond as a unit although it can be expected there will be some issues tomorrow communication wise which will have to be tackled in the coming weeks.

Gary Kelly :
The Swans are a strong side as you have said prevouisly , who do you feel will be there biggest threat tomorrow ?

Duffy:
I dont really think the swans have a stand out threat all of there players will offer indervidual problems for are team i think if you are going to push me for a awnser ill have to say there manager Rob he knows alot about the game and has the ability to mix things up he will set up the team to trouble us and we're have to be ready for that.

Gary Kelly:
Finally Aaron , we've heard you on the look out for new staff any names come to light yet ?

Duffy :
Just make sure your phone is swiched on eh Gary.

Swansea come to Elland road having like the home team have made servral changes to the first team squad however same names have been kept fromt he orignal squad in the coming few pages we will get all fans of both clubs a bit closer to the new signings at Elland Road and The Liberty Stadium .

Swansea City - Emilio Izaguirre

Emilio-Izaguirre-007.jpg

The Swans singed the Honduran from Scottish Side Celtic on a two year deal worth £21,300 a week. The 25 year old wing back is one of the more known of signings the swans manager has made and fans will be hoping that the Left back will show the same qualitys that he has been showing at Celtic in the prevouis two seasons. Izaguirre makes the trip to elland road in high confidence and is sure to cause some serouis issues for the New Leeds Wingback Zuniga. Leeds Fans may be hopeing Izaguirre has a off day otherwise it could be a very diffcult day for the leeds wingers.

Swansea City -Dider Ya Konan

Didier-Ya-Konan-celebrate-007.jpg

The Ivoran winger who can also play in a forward role has been inpressing fans in Germany for sometime now and its been talked about for along time about him moving to test himself at the english game. The winger is set to be one of the Swans biggest Threats going forward and will be hopeing to introduce himself with a goal or two tomorrow.

Leeds United - Alvaro Negredo

negredo170208_ES.jpg

The Spain Forward completed his shock move to elland road on Tuesday and is set to excite fans for years to come. Many Leeds fans will hope that the spainard can be a big influence on how the team does this year and will be hopeing that he can score many a goal in his spell at the club.

Leeds United - Luiz Gustavo

250008103.jpg

Duffy has introduced the brazilian holding midfielder to the crowds in wednesdays friendly against Norwich and will be hopeing the Brazilians high reputation lives up to itself. The brazilian has been running the tempo of the game in germany for a few years now at munich amongst other clubs

We Hope you all enjoy's today fixture which is sponsered by :

topman-ctrl_300x300_crop_le.gif

Stevenage have made yet more signings. They have signed 78 rated PSV youngster Genero Zeefuik. Stevenage are hoping that the signing of the forward can help them take 3 points at the match against Crewe.

Zeefuik cost Stevenage £348k plus Terry Dixon.

They have also signed another young forward. Milan youngster Andrea Schenetti has joined for £270k to help Stevenage in their bid for promotion.

Stevenage are waiting on one more signing. They have had a bid accepted along with Rotherham United for 79 rated midfielder Silvano Raggio Garibaldi.

After these signings, Stevenage are hoping to offload some of their players to cut down on their 38 man squad to save wages.

Wrexham Club Captain Named as Arribas!

gwnylu.jpg&width=249&height=331

Arribas "has that little bit more experience"

Wrexham have, after much deliberation between the staff, the manger and the chairman, have decided to make Spanish defender Alejandro Arribas the new club captain. It was a close run thing and it could have got to any of 6 players. In the end, Arribas, Courtois and Tie Bi emerged as the main contenders and Barnaby Dowling addressed a press conference to explain the decision:

In the end we wanted a center back as our captain so that he can really lead the team and marshal the troops in matches. Courtois is the most talented player at the club but we felt the armband should go to a permanent squad member rather than a loanee. Tie Bi has been excellent in train, but Arribas has that little bit more experience and will make a great captain. He will be at the club for a long time and will continue to improve.

Division 2 - Turn 1 - Ipswich V Middlesbrough , Preview

Championship-Football-Betting.jpg

wpid-Ipswich-Town-vs-Middlesbrough.jpg

Day one of the season is upon us and Boro's new man is about to get his first true test in front of the Smoggies faithful. With pre season over and no more the manager can really do on the training field it's now up to the 11 men on the field to produce the win Ashley Duffy so despratley wants to start with.

Middlesbrough visit Jonny Eller's Ipswich tommorow in a truely mouth watering tie. The two managers have come face to face on many occasions before in there previous managerial roles at Bolton and Villa in renowned set up 5579. Although there is no hard feeling between the two , both will tommorow be looking to get off to winning starts as they look for an early push towards there seasonal aims.

Middlesbrough
boss Ashley Duffy has lot's of pressure on his shoulders , with a large following of the Teesiders expecting big things from the young Englishman. Duffy has a full strength squad to pick from tommorow and although only one match has been played during pre season the squad on paper looks stronger than that of Ipswich. 11 debutants are expected to run out for the first time in Boro colours tommorow with Michele Pazienza captaining the side.
Ipswich
also have a full strength team to pick from although the depth in which Jonny Eller has to currently pick from is less than that of Middlesbrough. Quality names such as Kawaga , Gomis , Campagaro and Mulsera shine in a somewhat average Championship standered side but Ipswich are expected to be no push overs

Juninho's one to watch

Middlesbrough
- Gorginio Wijnaldum

Ipswich Town
- Fernando Muslera

Boro Fan Steve: Duffy is the man to take us up and with the squad he's put together already anythings possible , i havent been this excited about a season since the year after we won the Uefa cup , let's hope the results are differnt this time!
Boro Fan Dave: Everyone's talking about Wijnaldum and Cesar as the main men in our team , but i think David Navarro and Domizzi's form will be where our season is decided and how quickly they gel together along with Sergio Romero. Up the Boro.
Ipswich Fan Paul: Gomis will destory Boro tommorow they have no chance , Eller is twice the manager Duffy is!

wimbledon.png?t=1306235928

Star Duo Sign for the Season!!

43589_1288482605.jpg40605_1282060884.jpg

The club are delighted to announce the arrival of two more star loanees from parent club Leeds United today, who have both signed season-long loan deals.

Highly rated holding midfielder, Cristian Erbes, who was recently signed by Leeds from Boca Juniors, joins fellow Argentinian Gonzalo Perez at Kingsmeadow and is no doubt the most talented player to have signed for AFC Wimbledon in our short history.

Joining fellow Leeds loanees Sarabia and Erbes is 21 year old Cameroonian left-back Charley Fomen. Signed from French side Marseille only yesterday, Fomen had impressed during a loan spell at Ligue 2 side Dijon, where he made 27 starts before the Whites snapped him up for 1.2 million.

The calibre of the loans being sent down from Leeds shows how much the partnership is growing and the club never imagined players of Erbes' talent appearing in the Dons strip this campaign.

We managed to grab a word with Cristian just after putting pen to paper on the deal:

"I am really happy to have signed for Wimbledon this season. When i joined Leeds, the manager told me that my starts would be small this season and we agreed that it would be in both our interests for me to play regularly in a lower league. For sure, it will be a great time for me as i look to break into the Leeds first team in the next few seasons and i can't wait to get playing."

Bradford have confirmed the capture of young 20 year old centre back Andrea De Paola from Juventus for a fee of £300k

th_AndreaDePaola.jpg

The left footed centre half will add great balance to the defence. De Paola will not make his debut in tomorrows opener at home to Cheltenham as he is not quite close to match fitness.

"I'm delighted to sign for the club. They made me feel welcome and I just wanted to come to England and play", a smiling De Paola said to the media.

A loan deal for Steven Caulker from Spurs fell through with the player agreeing a loan to Kidderminster.

Ahead of the opener against Cheltenham manager Lee reynolds confirmed that Ezequiel Levante will not start. "His fitness is not quite there yet but he is close. He will be on the bench for sure", confirmed Reynolds. He also warned his players to be wary of the threat Cheltenham pose, "they have some good players like Livermore, Uchebo and Traore so we must be wary. The expectation is building but we must be professional and do the business in front of our own fans"