English Championship 7777 - Match Reports,Transfer news etc.

O'Donnell

Re: English Championship 7777 - Match Reports,Transfer news etc.

Cardiff Prepares

_48045147_009058781-1.jpg

After a flurry of quality players have joined the Bluebirds in recent days, the pressure is now on fan-come-manager Darren Hancock. At around 8pm tonight he fielded a few questions in his first pre-match press conference.

How does it feel to be in charge of the club you've supported since a boy?

- BBC Wales

It's an incredble feeling to be given the opportunity to do this. I know many fans would love to have this chance & I hope I can do the fans justice. I've been through the pain of recent years with them so I hope I can do the business for them especially.
How do you feel the new players have bedded in?

- Goal.com

Not too badly in all fairness. It's always tough when coming to a new club, but they've gelled together enough for the first game against Portsmouth. The pre-season game against Bury helped quite a bit as it meant the early signings gained a bit of experience paying with each other.
The 7777 Founders Cup has gained quite a lot of interest with it containg 12 managers & quite a few more wanted in. We believe this was your idea?

- Sky Sports

Haha, I thought you would bring this up! But no, we will talk about that tomorrow. Our main focus is getting the 3 points against Portsmouth.
Who do you think will be the key players for you during the course of the season? And have you appointed a captain?

- The South Wales Echo

Obviously we have key players. They will be the ones through the core of the team. Tim Wiese, Hedwiges Maduro, Thiago Motta are the obvious choices. But Craig Bellamy will be big as well. He is a homegrown lad & has a great bond with the players and fans alike. On the captaincy issue, I don't believe in 1 captain. I think a team should have 11 leaders on the pitch.

fergiepress415.jpg

Hancock thinking of a way to take down Pompey during his press conference.

Team news.

It is rumoured that 9 players will make thier debuts for Cardiff with only Craig Bellamy and young midfielder Aaron Ramsey having made first team appearances for Cardiff before. However, Darren Hancock has stated that the team he will put out will be Cardiff's strongest available.

wimbledon.png?t=130623592

Dons Spending Spree Ends in Style

Josh Horne's huge revamp of the Wimbledon squad drew to a dramatic close this evening as a total of seven players signed on the dotted line for the forthcoming season. As there are so many new faces, we have decided to compile a player by player analysis of each signing:

File_201096171625.jpg

Mirko Opazo - RM - Signed from CD Everton in a £130,000 deal

With cover needed for new signing Vincent Acapandie on the right flank, Horne looked to promising Chilean midfielder Mirko Opazo to fill that role. The 19 year old was a regular for CD Everton this season, playing in all their games until completing a move to the Dons.

photo_2055_wide_crop.jpg

Willie Dyer - LB - Signed from Raith Rovers in a £100,000 deal

Dyer has been a regular in the Raith first eleven this campaign and joins the Dons to supply cover for new loan signing Charley Fomen at left-back.

Ritvars-2.jpg

Ritvars Rugins - ST - Signed from FK Ventspils for approx £70,000

A real bargain for Wimbledon here, Rugins is a hot prospect and led the Latvian side to back to back titles. Despite being only 21, Rugins has a wealth of experience from playing regularly in the Latvian Premier, making almost 50 appearances over three seasons, and will no doubt repeat the same sparkling form at his new club.

Matic%20Fink.jpgstojanovic_v.jpg

Matic Fink and Peter Stojanovic - DM/AM - Signed from NK Interblock and NK Olimpija respectively for a combined £200,000

Slovenian pair, Matic Fink and Peter Stojanovic, have been brought in by Horne to fill in some gaps in the squad and provide some extra bodies for when the demanding fixture schedule starts to take its toll on player's fitness levels.

103915.jpg

Michelangelo Albertazzi - CB - Signed from AC Milan in a straight swap for Ismail Yakubu

The best signing of the bunch by a country mile, the Dons were in dire need of a strong, quality centre half and they have found one in 20 year old Albertazzi. Capped at every level for Italy and a product of the Milan Youth system, Albertazzi's composure and good aerial ability will ensure not many goals are conceded this campaign. The defender was attracting attention from English sides in the higher divisions, and it is reported that Milan were subject to a late bid by League 1 side Tranmere, however it didn't better the Don's bid and we therefore got our man.

izzy_iriekpen_634756.jpg

Izzy Iriekpen - CB - Free Agent

An excellent signing from Horne who will partner Albertazzi in the centre of the Dons defence this season. With such a young squad, Horne was after a natural leader to marshall the team and be a calming presence at the back, and with a wealth of experience in higher divisions, Izzy fits that role perfectly. The former Swansea and Shorpe man had been without a club since being released from Scottish side Hamilton in the summer of 2009 and apparently jumped at the chance to play competitive football again.

Resized_74_VQ4.jpg

England announce team

England_Football_Team_World_Cup_2010_Football_Pi.jpg

England's manager Frozen today announced the 25 man squad selected to play in their first world cup qualifier against Canada at Wembley on Friday 3rd June.

England's disappointing exit at the last world cup, called for a new manager, and FA felt that Aston Villa manager Frozen was the top man to take England all the way to the final in USA in 2011.

The 25 players selected:

Goalkeepers:

Joe Hart - Manchester City

Ben Foster- Amsterdam Ajax

Paul Robinson - Blackburn Rovers

Defenders:

Ashley Cole - Barcelona

Leighton Baines - Everton

Glen Johnson - Liverpool

Micah Richards - Manchester City

Rio Ferdinand - AC Milan

John Terry - Bayern Munich

Phil Jagielka - Everton

Ryan Shawcross - Stoke City

Chris Smalling - Manchester United

Midfielders:

Frank Lampard - Barcelona

Michael Carrick - Borussia Dortmund

Jack Wilshere - Arsenal

Jordan Henderson - Sunderland

Steven Gerrard - Bayern Munich

Theo Walcott - Arsenal

Ashley Young - Inter Milan

Aaron Lennon - Tottenham

Strikers:

Wayne Rooney - Manchester United

Jermain Defoe - FC Porto

Danny Welbeck - Sunderland

Daniel Sturridge - Bolton

Darren Bent - Bayern Munich

banner_skysports.png

Skysports interview Tottenham's manager Jack-THFC

400_F_5617852_D46176oev96s_IIwg_OQtg3_Rg_NS32_Jjt_Im.jpg

Skysports managed to get an exclusive interview with Tottenham's manager Jack Simpson at White Hart Lane as the manager welcomed new players, and showed them around the stadium.

Mr.Simpson, Aaron Lennon made it into England squad, but Peter Crouch didn't, thoughts on that?

Jack-THFC simply replied:

"Crouch is a FAIL"

Defoe was also included in the squad, why did you decide to sell him?

Jack-THFC - "He has been absolutely dreadful so far and he didn't fit into my future plans"

You've replaced him with a rather prolific Falcao. Where do you see this team at the end of the season, and how crucial will Falcao be to the team?

Jack-THFC - "Falcao has been immense so far and with the big move i hope he can keep his form up in England and help us be title contenders"

Your first game of the season isn't an easy one. One of the favourites, Manchester City come to White Hart Lane.

What do you think about your opposing manager Simon SOP and what result do you expect out of the game?

Jack-THFC - "Well SoP is a tactical genius and I can't see spurs coming out the game with 3 points but who knows Tottenham never give up and we will fight till the end"

Have you got any more targets you wish to sign or are you done in the transfer market?

Jack-THFC - "There might be a few more big named signings but if contract negotiations fail then I'm happy with what i have built and we will try and go on from there"

Finally, Gareth Bale has been linked with a £25 million move to Manchester United. Can you just confirm/deny these rumours.

Jack-THFC - "Bale is happy at Tottenham and loves playing for us however if the right offer comes along we will have to accept it, whether that is soon or not but now he is still a spurs player"

Thank you Jack and good luck this season

Jack-THFC - "Thanks and I wish you all the best aswell"

Histon Daily

histon20badge1.gif

Outspoken Histon manager says "We aim to be a self sufficient club".

By Prateek Jain

May 27th 2011

Just a day before the season opener against cambridge the Histon manager said he wants his club to be self sufficient.

Mike-Quade-Hired-Chicago-Cubs-Manager-Press-Conference.jpg

Histon manager laughing after having a jibe on their local rivals Cambridge.

" I know in football lower division clubs like us loan out players from higher division to give themselves an upperhand over their opponents. But, I won't be doing the same at histon. I wan't us to be self sufficient in terms of players we have and play. I would rather give opportunities to the youngsters at our club, than borrowing starting eleven from others."

This statement is beleived to be a dig at their saturday's opponent Cambridge aswell as other Division V clubs. Though the statements seems audacious and radical but will it bring success or failure to the club,well that has to be seen.

The manager issued yet another bold statement when asked about his strategies against Cambridge. He said

" I believe that i don't have to be innovative as my opponent isn't. He usually plays 3-5-2 and is over dependent on that argentinan kid. having a 17 year old captaining your team is laughable unless you are in a youth championships. No doubt they have a quality squad and are better than us on paper but it is different altogether on the field."

gaving us insights on his squad for the match he said

" Well, we will be relying Edin Visca and Robert Valenta to provide us with creativity in the midfield. We will be looking upto Charlie Sheringham to provide us with goals and Daniel Giordano to keep a clean sheet."

Follow us for live action as Histon hosts Cambridge in this nailbiting season opener at the Bridge road.

Colchester_United.gif

The Start of a new ERA begins NOW

Colchester United are pleased to announce that they have captured the signitures of 12 new players during the close season. Thes players include midfielders Andreas Ottl (Ex Bayern Munich), Hassan Yebda (Ex Benefica), Hassine Kharja (Ex Genoa), Anis Ben-Hatira (Ex Hamburger SV), Alvaro Cejudo (Ex Osasuna) and finally Rafa Garcia (Ex Rayo Vallecano). It is believed that these players cost a total of £4.3 million along with Ex Colchester United players Brian Wilson, David Perkins, Lee Beevers, Anthony Wordsworth, Kemal Izzet, John-Joe O'Toole, Matthias Vilhjalmsson and Magnus Okuonghae. In Defence there has been a bit less activity with only three new defenders in Christoph Metzelder (Ex FC Schalke 04), Charlie Mulgrew (Ex Celtic) and young centeral defender Juan Nunez (Ex Tacuary). These three defenders are believed to of cost around £2.4 million + Ex Colchester United players LLoyd James, Conor Powell and Ashley Vincent. The final three players to sign for Colchester United inxcded Pimparel Beto, Sebastian Mattei and Javier Portillio. So with 12 new players in the door at the Colchester Community Stadium and 15 out the door at the Colchester Community Stadium, it has been a very busy close season. The qustion is though is Colchester United and manager John Henry finished in the transfer market yet?

Colchester_United.gif

New Captain Revealed.

After a lot of Umming and Arring between Colchester United manager John Henry and his new Assistant Derek Fazackerley, the coaching duo have finally announced who Colchester's new captain for the season will be. During a short press conferance the the duo revealed that new central midfielder Hassan Yebda would be the new captain. They revaled that although the decision was very tough there was only really three players in which they believed had the prowess to captain the club. They refused to reveal who the other players where but did say that they believe that Hassan will be able to captain the team into a new and sucessful era.

3799_1275745929.jpg

New Captain Hassan Yebda is believed to be delighted at his managers decision to make him captain of Colchester United.

Nottingham Forrest - Transfers so far

--Three World Stars Join--

3017_1291979648.jpg14741_1303696825.jpg20598_1303277666.jpg

Forest have signed world stars Carzola (91), Martinez (90) and Van Der Wiel (90). I bought these players slightly recklessly because i know that in a seasons time all 90 rated players will be snapped up, this really is the only chance to get 90+ players from externals. I was very surprised to get these players unchallenged with Carzola and Martnez Spain internationals and WDV was the most surprising as he is a starter for the Netherlands.

--Other Big Signings--

35504_1236855238.jpg23131_1233390010.jpg

I have also signed N'Dinga and Pizczek. N'Dinga is rated 87 and should get a +1 rise, he has been linked to lots of big clubs and will probably move on from Auxerre. Also Pizczek should rise +1 from 88 to 89.

--The rest of the signings--

Also joining are Bukakov, a 78 rated keeper who should rise from +4 to +7, he is avalible for loan, as is Dani Jiminez a 78 rated Sevilla B- Team player signed before i took over. Romero a 83 rated striker also joins, he should rise +2 or +3. Galan a 83 rated CB also joins, im hoping he will get a +2 rise. Other players that were signed before i took over are Pozzi a 86 rated striker that could rise could rise, Feghouli a 86 rated Wing/AM that could possibly drop and Beister a 80 rated striker that should rise +2.

--Team to face Doncaster Rovers In First Game--

90--83--87

88--87--90--91

86--84

So as you can see, signing those 90+ players has messed up my team a bit, most noticeably my 80 rated keeper although this wont be a problem as i have a deal lined up for a replacement. Also i have a deal in for a better CB and i will look to sign another striker. With over 30m worth in players and 6.7m still in the bank I should be able to build a team that can challenge for the Div 2 title.

CHESTERFIELD IN THE SPOTLIGHT

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQZzc39ae_idfPVG4lS0PcZXCu2TS2jE3MJf9PWiCVgdMzC4NWtgg&t=1

Chesterfield fans today turned out in force to watch and support the players in an open training session at the B2Net stadium this morning, all new players were on show including new signing and club captain Jonathan Dos Santos . . .

jonathan.jpg

We caught up with Dos Santos and he had this to say :

"What a fantastic oppourtunity to come here and play in the English Championship, for me its an honour. Some people will take that lightly and im here just to make a name in england, they look at my old club barca and ask why i made the switch, The main factor is ive been a fan of Carolan and his coaching style since his early days when he was first looking for his coaching badges, he is going to be BIG, and i want to be here with him throughout, its only been just under a week since i signed but even in that short space of time, it feels like home"

While we were there we managed to catch team news for tonights opening fixture away at the newly managed Barnet,

1. Gk - S.CHEPCHUGOV -80

2. DM/RB - T.JANTSCHKE - 78

3. Def/DM - F.JOHNSON - 82

4. CB - M.YUMLU - 78

5. Def/DM - R.CAROCA - 80

6. CM/AM - D.JONATHAN - 85

7. AM/Wing - A.ISCO - 78

8. CM/AM - J.KURTIC - 80

9. Wing - O.JOHN - 78

10. CF - A.MARCEL - 83

11. CF - F.CAIUBY - 82

Carolan Said :

"Even with the bookmakers and many pundits making us favourites for this tie we still wont be taking it lightly, i recieved a phone call this morning telling me that they have had a change in managemant over night which totally scuppers all my tactics up and training measurements ive been taking all week with that lads, hence why were here this morning at late notice, only good thing for us is it being an evening kick off and we still have all afternoon to travel and prepare. There has been a total revamp here of players and staff as you can see from the teamsheet ive submitted, 11 new faces from last term but im confident the boys have gelled and are still gelling, this is going to be a great season and i couldnt be more excited for the kick off

birmingham-city-fc-flag-373-p.jpg

Birmingham City

I will be chronicling my season through a blog dedicated just to Birmingham,I will still do the odd match report but mostly my previews,transfers &results etc will be posted on the blog.

Everyone is welcome to follow as I enjoy my first season in a forum filled set-up in the Premiership.

This is the blog site.

http://birminghamfc7777.blogspot.com/

Colchester_United.gif

Overhaul of the coaching staff at Colchester.

New Colchester manager John Henry has revealed that he is bringing in a whole new coaching set up to work along side him. His new appointments include Derek Fazackerley as his new assistant, Ian Walker as Goalkeeping coach, Robbie Savage as his First team Coach and the shock appointment of a Director of Football in Sven Goran Eriksson.

Derek Fazackerley

Derek Fazackerley has been appointed as the new Assistant manager. Derek has a vast knowledge of the football world after working at many clubs around the country including Manchester City, Huddersfield Town and Leicester City. It is believed that Derek has signed a 3 year deal and that he will work alongside the new Colchester First Team Coach Robbie Savage as he gets used to his first coaching role. It is believed that between them they will take control of training while new manager John Henry gets used to his first managerial role.

0,,10312~4749492,00.jpg

Derek Fazackerley

Robbie Savage

Robbie Savage has been appointed as the new First team coach. It is believed that Robbie Savage has been picked because of his motivational skills, which were often show cased during his career as a footballer, which spanned many clubs including Leicester City, Birmingham City, Blackburn Rovers and his final club of which he was captain Derby County. It is believed that Robbie has signed a 1 year deal with the option of a two year extension depending on his development as a coach. Robbie will work alongside Derek while he gets used to his first coaching role.

robbie-savage.jpg

Robbie Savage = Mr Motivator

Ian Walker

Ian Walker has been appointed as the new Goalkeeping coach. Ian had been playing his football at a very high level for a very long time during his playing career. He played over 200 games for Tottenham Hotspur before moving on to Leicester City were he played over 100 games. It is believed that Ian is seen as the long term successor to Derek Fazackerley as John Henry's assistant manager, although that is believed to be a long way away. Ian Walker's most recent coaching role has been as manager of Bishop's Strotford, who Colchester have had to pay compensation to of around £5,000.

0,,1004~2795454,00.jpg

Ian Walker

Sven Goran Eriksson

Sven Goran Eriksson has been appointed as the clubs new director of Football. This was the most surprising yet most significant appointment made by the club. The main reason why Sven has been appointed is believed to be because of manager John Henry's lack of managerial experience. Sven has a wealth of experience ranging from managing England all the way to the management of his first club Degerfors. Sven has won a wide range of trophies during his managerial career ranging from the Serie A title all the way to the Allsvenskan in Sweden. It is believed that Sven Goran Eriksson will take up his new role immediately after being replaced as the Leicester City manager by Danny Rsca.

Sven-Goran-Eriksson-1.jpg

Sven Goran Eriksson

Mendieta predicts Boro to be top of the pile

Middlesbrough_crest.png

With the first game of the new season just hours away , Middlesbrough coach and club legend Mendieta told the media of the clubs aims and ambitons for the new season and even made a few bold and confident prediction of his own for the coming season.

Mendieta who had arrived at Portman round ahead of his clubs first game of season 1 , was speaking to an amased group of major sporting journalists such as red tops The Sun and The Daily Mail aswell as Sports Channel Sky Sport News , when the question of where he thought the club would be at the end of the season emerged. With a smirk on his face Mendieta confidently claimed "We are confident we will be the strongest team in the division both tatically and mentally. The squad is strong and with the core of the main squad having previously played for or against each other there is already a decent team spirit." Mendieta then went on to tell the reporters " We are ready to go up and take on the big boys in division 1 , we want a good solid season from our lads and want to be top at the end of the 46 games" in a almost boastful fashion.

n-power_championship_trophy.jpg

Even the sponsers are supporting the Reds!

After his bold claims Mendieta then slipped the Sky Sports News reporter a piece of paper with his predicitions for the table at the end of the season. The Table had Boro on top with Leeds and Cardiff closely following for the second place spot both with 2= next to their names. There was also predictions for the relegation place with Mendieta predicting a tough battle to stay up between Derby , Shorpe , Doncaster , Barnsley and Coventry.

Mendieta was an early arrival at Portman Road in order to meet Ipswch boss Jonny Eller and deliver a bottle of wine with a message of good luck for the coming season from Smoggies boss Ashley Duffy. The three are set to share a drink after the game tonight regardless of the result with a truely mouthwatering opening game in prospect.

wolves_logo.jpg

Ryan predicts a draw against Chelsea!

Wolves also complete 27 transfers before season opener against Chelsea.

Transfers In:

Carneiro KEIRRISON

Roman WEIDENFELLER

Sébastien CORCHIA

Toby ALDERWEIRELD

Georgi SCHENNIKOV

Andre SCHURRLE

Denny LANDZAAT

Kevin VOGT

Fedor SMOLOV

Marcel KANDZIORA

Franck BERIA

Tomasz WELNICKI

Cosimo PALUMBO

Mikel SAN JOSE

Sejad SALIHOVIC

Jose Antonio REYES

Michael PEREIRA

Fernando GAGO

Antonio VACCA

Henrik MKHITARYAN

Conceiçao EMERSON

Sergio SÁNCHEZ

Matías SILVESTRE

Giuseppe BIAVA

Jens HEGELER

Mladen PETRIC

Tomás NECID

Transfers Out:

Johnny GORMAN - Reading

Scott MALONE - Reading

Matt DOHERTY - Stockport County

Total cash out: £21.6m

Total cash in: £1.2m

Every player has left Wolves except Michael Kightly, Adriano Basso and Matt Jarvis. But Wolves have placed Basso and Kightly on the transfer list and are listening to any offers that come.

Wolves have also placed 5 players on the loan list: Kandziora (75, Cm/Am), Kevin Vogt (75, Dm), Tomasz Welnicki (75, Cb), Cosimo Palumbo (70, Cm/Am) and Antonio Vacca (67, Mid).

In an interview with Sky Sports when asked about the transfers, the Wolves manager has stated:

'I am very pleased with our signings, we have a strong squad with depth that will help us towards our Premier League survival. We may not have got our top transfer targets including Kevin Prince Boateng, Sulley Muntari and Douglas Costa but I feel our 'plan B' transfers will be just as great.'

Ryan, do you think your 2 friendly losses to Stockport and Arsenal will have any affect on the moral of the team?

'No, we know how to bounce back from these setbacks, plus in both friendlies I think only 2 or 3 players that played are still in the team now, we are much stronger now.'

What do you expect to get from your first game against Chelsea and the

rest of the season?

'We have already been written off against title chasing Chelsea, with the official predictions saying we will lose 5-0. That is incredibly harsh but this will spur us on even more and I feel we can get a draw. As for the season, our target is to avoid relegation obviously. With every team around us making top signings, it will be tough but once our players are settled and start playing well together we can get a decent rhythem going and we can avoid the drop!'

HuddersfieldTownCrest.png

Manager announces Captain!!

In the news conference that took place today at lunch time the Huddersfield Manager Mario Focsa has announced the Captain and Reserve Captain for this season.He has also discussed his expectations at the club this season and where he sees himself in a few years time.Here is what he had to say..

With such players I see myself no where but top of the league at the end of this season.We have an amazing squad with young players with Premier League pretensions.Promotion is a must this season.

As what regards the Captain for this season the manager said that he gave a lot of thought to his decision but in the end he has decided to go for Ivan Rakitic . He simply said that he deserves it . There was some competition from young Thiago Alcantara which is the reserve captain .

Ivan Rakitic..Huddersfield's new Captain

IvanRakitic-300x225.jpg

Thiago Alcantara..2nd Captain.

Thiago-Alcantara-300x200.jpg

At the news conference Mario Focsa has announced the Team he will Display tonight in the match against Brighton and Hove Albion.

-----------Gk.M.Diego-----------

----RB. Matei----CB.V.Ruiz----LB.L.Antonelli----

----------------------DM. D.Moritz------------------

RM.Johnson---CM.A.Thiago----CM.Rakitic---LM.N.Muller

---------Fwd. N .Henrique----Fwd. D.Costa

wolves_logo.jpg

Wolves Team To Face Chelsea is Announced.

New strike force will have to wait.

After weeks of speculation and anticipation, Wolves' squad is virtually complete and Ryans first competitive line up has been revealed:

Weidenfeller

Corchia.......Alderweireld.......San Jose.......Schennikov

Salihovic................Landzaat

Reyes................Mkhitaryan.............Schurrle

Keirrison

Subs: Basso, Biava, Beria, Gago, Hegeler, Jarvis, Smolov.

Suprisingly, new attacking duo Mladen Petric and Tomas Necid have not been included in the squad to face Chelsea. New central midfielder Fernando Gago only has a place on the bench, but is expected to make his debut today.

Sky Sports asked Mr. Grosvenor why he has not included his 2 star signings:

'Well, Tomas literally flown in from Russia in the early hours of this morning so there is no way he will be able to play football today. While Mladen has failed a late fitness test which is disappointing but I feel Carneiro will prove that he is good enough to play week in week out for us.'

Have you named your captain yet, if so, why have you named them so late?

'Yes I have, it was late as it was a difficult decision because we have so many new players but I have named Toby Alderweireld as captain. He will grow within the team and he has agreat future ahead of him, this means he will be the rock within the team and hopefully the team will build with him as the leader.'

What is your prediction for the match vs Chelsea?

I have said this before, I reckon 1-1 but this is Chelsea and anything can happen!

250px-Toby_Alderweireld.jpg

Toby Alderweireld is delighted to have been named Wolves captain.

wimbledon.png?t=1306235928

BREAKING NEWS!!

New Team Captain Announced

0,,10442~3549373,00.jpg

AFC Wimbledon are pleased to announce the appointment of experienced centre-half, Izzy Iriekpen, as the clubs new captain for this season. Izzy was signed only yesterday as a Free Agent, having not played a competitive game since his release from Scottish side Hamilton Accies in 2009.

He is a natural choice as Captain for manager Josh Horne as he is by far the most experienced player to have been brought to the club having made 185 appearances during his career, a 100 of which came during a 4 year stint at Welsh club Swansea City.

Manager Josh Horne's thoughts on the appointment:

"I really didn't have to think hard about my captain for this season, Izzy is a born leader and a real character in the dressing room. His wealth of experience will be of great benefit to the younger players we have here and i'm sure he will make a fantastic captain, on and off the football pitch."

leedsunitedfcbadge.jpg

Match Review - Season One Turn One

Leeds United 0-2 Swansea City

article-1140547-035D19FC000005DC-926_468x338.jpg

Fans Unhappy with Poor Preformance

Just over 27,000 Fans filled Elland Road in anticipation for the opening fixture of the season which saw Leeds United under new manager Aaron Duffy take on Swansea City in which promised to be a highly attacking game. Leeds Boss Aaron Duffy annonced his starting eleven just before kick off with the same team which started the friendly on wednesday taking the feild. It was set to be a very important game for both teams as they both have asperations of playing higher tier football next year with both clubs dreaming of the premiership. However it all the dreams in the world couldnt save a poor leeds united tonight as there new group of players failed to link together and to the anger of the fans didnt seem to be able to comunicate very well as a team. On the other hand Swansea took the game to Leeds and impressed the 3,000 traveling supporters who made the trip from south wales Ya Konan and Stracqualursi grabbing the goals for the away team who destroyed a unmotivated Leeds in every department. the evening got worse for Duffy after twenty fans had to be ejected for foul lanuage and poor behaviour towards stewards and other supports within the stadium. Leeds Boss Aaron Duffy was said to be very dissapointed by his clubs preformance on the night and it seems will be telling the players what he thought of the match in a early morning training session arranged by Duffy after tonights fixture.

Duffy :

I'm Dissapointed with how the game went tonight we failed to play well , fair play to rob and his lads they we're brilliant tonight and deserved the win , ill be laying into the players tomorrow and showing them what i think they need to start doing. We go to Darlington Tomorrow in the founders Cup we're the second string will get a run out to prove there worth and then we have Pompy on monday lets say that your see a changed Leeds by Monday Evening. I have to apoligise to the fans and i have now adopted the aim of making Elland Road a Fortress. Theres Still 45 games to go we need to improve.

Wolves narrowly lose opening match against Chelsea.

th_Chelsea_logo.pnglogo_201007140255.jpg

Chelsea 1 - 0 Wolves

David Villa (47)

Substitutions

Malouda for Ivanovic (45)

Beria for Corchia (60)

Jarvis for Reyes (60)

Smolov for Mkhitaryan (60)

Rossi for Totti (75)

Wolves put up a strong fight against title contenders Chelsea, as Ryan Grosvenor predicted, Wolves were much stronger than everyone had anticipated but were not good enough to reach his 1-1 prediction.

Stats:

62% Posession 38%

14 Total Shots 17

9 Shots on target 10

5 Corners 6

3 (Totti, Villa, Robben) Yellow Cards 1 (Salihovic)

0 Red Cards 0

Villa (9) Best Player(s) Alderweireld, San Jose, Jarvis (7)

Man of the Match: David Villa (Chelsea)

This is Mr. Grosvenors immediate reaction to the defeat:

How do you feel the game went today?

It went better than people expected, I am proud of the lads as we were against on of the best teams in the world. I am gutted we didn't manage to equalise and we didn't take the chances we created, especially Denny's first half chance. But that's the way it goes and we can take away the fact that we almost, almost managed a point at Stamford Bridge.

This result leaves Wolves in joint 16th place with Arsenal and Fulham

Norwich-evening-News-24.jpg

NCFC%20BADGE.gif

Canaries Begin With A Draw

1658660972-14032011221217.jpg

Norwich City 1-1 Sheffield United

Norwich City began their return to the Championship with a draw at Carrow Road to Sheffield United. The Canaries went into the game fielding four of their new signings from the word go, and also gave Henri Lansbury his first start since making his move to City pemanent.

And it was the England Under 21 international who made the break through in the game, after using his pace and power to drive through the Sheffield United defence and was able to produce a finish to match when he thrashed the ball past the helpless goalkeeper.

The Canaries were unfortunate not to be ahead earlier in the game, after good work from Jay Rodriguez saw him whip across an inviting cross, which captain Grant Holt streched to reach and was unlucky to see his effort come back off the post.

After his goal, Lansbury was the focal point in every attack. Plenty of quick passes were giving City players plenty of room in midfield, however the only real effort came from a long distance effort from Andrew Crofts which was punched over, and City went into the break 1-0 up.

article-1349580-0CDD7907000005DC-573_468x309.jpg

The second half was a stark contrast to the first. United came out all guns blazing and were dominating possession. Belgian starlet Romelu Lukaku then provided a piece of individual brilliance and left the defence behind and clipped the ball over the the rooted Rene Adler to bring Sheffield level.

City then struggled to get back into their rhythm and were lucky to not go behind after a chip from Lee Williamson came back off the bar and was cleared to safety, then 3 minutes after that Neil Collins smashed the Canarie's woodwork. However the game then drew to a close, and both sides shared the spoils.

AI_paulLambert001.jpg

Frustrated Figure: Joe Robinson

Norwich City Manager: Joe Robinson

Been very much looking forward to the start of the season. Gets out all that tension and shows what sides are capable of in the season ahead. I felt we began brilliantly. Controlled the game well and created a few opportunities. The goal was brilliance from the lad Lansbury, and I'm pleased at how well he performed today. The 2nd half we had a shocker. We allowed them too much room and they then bossed the possession as shown by your stats. But as I've just said to the lads, we need to forget about the half and build on the positives from the first half, as we have games close together and we're facing a strong side in Watford at Vicarage Road which will be a physical game.

New Centre Half To Join

Blog_AlexSilva_23042008.jpg

It has been confirmed that Brazilian centre back Alex Silva will be joining Norwich City. A deal which will see Elliot Ward and 400k go to Hamburger in Germany will see Silva become a Canary. Alex Silva had shwon great potential when he made a name for himself at Sao Paulo, which saw him move to the German side Hamburg. However he struggled to settle in and moved back to Sao Paulo on loan. Speaking upon his arrival, City boss Joe Robinson had this to say;

Admired the lad for a while now. I felt that with the way that sides in this league have been building, that we will need to bring in a solid reliable centre half. He's physically strong and will do an important job for us this season.

Bradford started the new campaign with a disppointing 0-0 draw at home to Cheltenham in front of just over 10000 fans.

Reynolds gave debuts to a host of new signings Diallo, Olkan, Ghoulam, Peybernes, Norwood, Targamadze, Rodri, Wickham & Dickson. Despite creating numerous chances a resilent Cheltenham side held firm and left with a decent point.

"We created enough chances to win 2 games we just lacked the composure in front of goal. It is only the first game and we will learn and get better as the new signings bed down", commented Reynolds.

Rodri gave a impressive debut as he took the sponsors man of the match showing some nice touches and ability on the ball.

Kettering Town 1 - 4 AFC Wimbledon

Saturday 28th May 2011

Blue Square Bet Premier

Rockingham Road

Attendance: 1,444

AFC Wimbledon kicked off the season with an emphatic 4-1 win over Kettering Town this evening that sees them top the table after the first round of fixtures. It was an extraordinary match for on-loan Leeds winger Pablo Sarabia who, after grabbing two fantastic goals, was sent off in the 89th minute for a second bookable offence.

With a tough set of fixtures coming up, Dons manager Josh Horne stressed to his players the importance of getting the season off to the best possible start and taking home all three points. This encouragement had clearly fired the players up, as in the opening half hour Wimbledon had the lions share of possession and went close to taking the lead on two occasions. However in five crazy minutes the game was turned on its head as three goals were scored in quick succession.

Lively winger Pablo Sarabia broke the deadlock for the Dons just past the half hour mark, as his shot from an acute angle just outside the 18 yard box took a wicked deflection off Kettering defender Alejandro Delfino. Wimbledon then doubled their lead straight after the restart from a truly spectacular goal from Gonzalo Perez, that is already a candidate for Goal of the Season. A wayward pass from Kettering striker Pablo Miranda gifted possession to Perez who, after a surging run, unleashed a thunderbolt of a strike from 30 yards out that looped just under the crossbar to make it 2-0 to the Dons, sending the 400 travelling fans wild on the terraces.

084b8b5a491bc868c28d8bab4b6e_grande.jpg

Sarabia's deflected shot puts the Dons one up and the young winger

is starting to look like a real handful for opposition defenders at this level

However, the joy was short lived as 2 minutes later Kettering got a goal back to make it 2-1. After a determined run down the left flank from Marcus Kelly, the midfielder whipped in an early cross which Sol Davis hit first time to send the ball thundering into the top corner, that left Lars Unnerstall stationery in the Wimbledon goal.

The rest of the half petered out with both sides having chances to score, the most notable being Christian Jolley's crisp strike that fractionally missed the bottom corner.

The second half started out just like the first with influential Dons midfielder, Cristian Erbes, pulling the strings in midfield who is definitely justifying the large sum Leeds paid to land the talented Argentinian. It took 25 minutes for the next goal to be scored, with a sloppy own goal by veteran right-back Nicky Eaden, gifting AFC a 3-1 lead. After a Sarabia corner, Izzy Iriekpen's bullet header crashed against the underside of the bar and Eaden skimmed his attempted clearance, to send the ball spinning into his own net.

Five minutes later, Wimbledon put the game beyond Kettering after a delightful piece of build up play put them 4-1 ahead. Star striker Cristian Tello picked up the ball from Erbes 25 yards from goal, before turning and dinking the ball over the top of the Kettering defence for Sarabia to control first time and half volley it beyond the hapless Motsoeneng.

Then in the 89th minute, a rash decision by young Sarabia put a dampener on his otherwise fantastic performance by receiving a second yellow for a high challenge on Marcus Kelly. Other than that, it was a fantastic way to kick off the campaign and manager Josh Horne had this to say post-match:

"I'm absolutely thrilled by the way my boys performed out there tonight, the fans were seeing a bit of a patched up team as a number of our recent signings failed late fitness tests, but i thought the one's that did make their debuts were superb. I feel for Pablo as he has been tremendous for us in his first two games and he was easily the stand out player out there tonight, his control for our fourth goal was out of this world. Luckily it was only a second yellow, so he only misses one game and i'm sure he has learnt from his mistake.

I'm just happy that we put on a good show for the fans and if we can continue this level of play throughout the whole season we have got a great chance of being in with a shout of promotion. However, we need to take one game at a time and we will forget tonights game immediately after the debrief, and then we will focus our attention towards a big game against Luton on Monday."

darlington.jpg

Fleetwood Town 0 - 2 Darlington

Division 5

Highbury Stadium

Att: 1,170

Saturday 28th May 2011

The Quakers opened their season with a 2-0 away win at the Highbury Stadium against Fleetwood town in front of 1,170 fans. In a game Darlington should have really dominated, chances were few and far between with the Quakers having to wait until the 18th minute when Kenneth Zohore smashed in a superb volley on his competitive debut. The goal that finished off town came in the 50th minute when Alexandre Lacazette used his pace to latch on to a suberb through ball and calmly slotted past the keeper when one on one. The two front men have given the Quakers their first win in what is hoped to be a successful season and shown promise in blossoming into a successful partnership up front.

2058.jpg

Darlington's Lacazette is off the mark

Match Statistics

Fleetwood Town 0 - 2 Darlington

K. Zohore 18'

A. Lacazette 50'

Possession

41%:59%

Shots

17:23

On Target

7:16

Corners

7:4

Yellow

1:1

Red

0:0

Darlington Ratings:

W. Szczesny 6

D. Boyata 7

J. Pulido 8

K. Bartley 8

A. Ze Eduardo 7

C. Casemiro © 8

E. Oscar 8

S. Denis 7

K. Zohore 8

A. Lacazette 9

J. Smith 7

Man of the Match: A. Lacazette (Darlington)

Next up for Darlington is a trip to Rockingham Road to face bottom club Kettering Town reeling from a 4 - 1 home mauling at the hands of AFC Wimbledon

Wimbledon Legends Return

The club were delighted to announce the appointment of two new additions to the back-room staff at Kingsmeadow, with former players Robbie Earle and Vinnie Jones joining as Assistant Manager and First Team Coach respectively. This has certainly created a buzz amongst the Wimbledon faithful as two of the clubs greatest servants join to help propel the club back to League status.

101257hp2.jpg

Robbie Earle made a total of 284 apps for the Dons during a 9 year spell at the club

Robbie needs no introduction around these parts, a fantastic box-to-box midfielder in his day, he made 284 appearances for the Dons during a nine year spell at the club. A calm and astute character, Robbie is sure to make a fantastic right hand man for Horne and is said to be delighted at being given the chance to return to the club and assist in their aim for League football in the coming seasons.

article-1084121-0008C2F300000258-126_468x321.jpg

Vinnie epitomises the Wimbledon fighting spirit

and will undoubtedly play a huge role in the seasons ahead

Vinnie on the other hand is quite simply a club legend due to his undying love and affection for the club as well as the obvious passion he has for the game. Making a total of 254 appearances during two stints at the club, Vinnie was renowned in his playing days for his 'hard-man' image and epitomised the Crazy Gang label given to the Dons by the media during the 80s and 90s. A passionate and headstrong character, Vinnie will undoubtedly make a great coach who will get the most out of the squad and instil the fighting spirit that is such a part of Wimbledon's identity as a football club.

The manager is said to be delighted over the appointments and made this statement earlier:

"I am delighted to welcome two absolute legends of Wimbledon FC to Kingsmeadow. Robbie and Vinnie are held in such high regard around these parts and their expertise and experience will be invaluable over the course of the season. You need a calm head by your side and Robbie fits that role perfectly, whereas Vinnie has got all the attributes needed to become a fantastic coach; passion, determination and experience.

I wish them both well in their new roles and i hope they stay for many years and be a part of this wonderful journey."

BARNET 1-0 CHESTERFIELD

0,,10435~6919211,00.jpg

Disappointment as Spireites go down 1-0

Chesterfield fans entered underhill hoping that the Spireites could win as emphatically as the pundits had them down on paper too.

It took just 2 minutes before Anders LINDEGAARD produced a solid save to prevent what would have been a wonderful goal by Augusto Marcel to give Chesterfield the perfect start. Almost immediatly after chesterfield attacked again only for Ola John to lose his cool and trip over the ball. Of what was a scrappy back and forth first half the only moment of genious came on the 36th minute where barnets new loan signing Jack stephens plays an utterly brilliant through-ball which leaves Tommy FRASER with just the keeper to beat and he confidently places inside the onion bag with confidence.

After a period of end to end action came the most contreversial moment of the game when on the 40th minute Francisco CAIUBY twists and turns his way through the defence but is brought down in the area, the ref consults his linesman, no penalty!!!

After the break the travelling chesterfield fans were starting to get restless, Steve kabba went off injured for Barnet and wasnt replaced. Just after the hour mark Augusto marcel was through on goal with only the keeper to beat but the advancing Anders LINDEGAARD just did enough to deflect the ball away from the goal, and it was up to barnets on loan keep again late on to keep them in it with two more stunning saves, the ball crashed against the bar and Anders LINDEGAARD was at full stretch for the rebound then rushed off his line to claim the ball.

MATCH STATISTICS

Possession

56% 44%

Total Shots

7 20

Shots On Target

6 7

Corners

8 7

Yellow Cards

0 2

Red Cards

0 0

We managed to catch Carolan for a brief moment after the game and here's what he had to say :

"Erm, Where to start i dunno, its a shame, We prepared all week for the away trip to barnet, brought in new faces got some good sessions in and a fantastic result in our friendly with huddersfield in midweek, its just a bitter pill to swallow when you see the stats and then you here that there keeper got MOM when up until saturday morning he wasnt at the club, but that being said im not one for excuses, full credit to barnet they dug deep in all areas of the pitch, had alot of possesion and made us work hard for the ball, im impressed with what i seen from the lads, just disappointed not to get the W"

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSApgOF6tdkBIOB5z99i5ZkfqbrHZ9a7pO1DcBuh7WwWR04ykjVimages?q=tbn:ANd9GcT6-NO78dfyfynSZozchbN0rBtSy--hhxhlu8IFMwTyGdkIW4R7

____1___-___2____

Wrexham got their first campaign under new manager Barnaby Dowling off to a winning start with a 2-1 win away at Hayes and Yeading. Wrexham were expected to win far more comfortably because of the number of signings they made in the close season, but Dowling took the decision to keep three key players on the bench, fresh for Monday's match against York City. Captain Alejandro Arribas, midfielder Sanchez Ilie and striker Kevin Lagmead were all on the bench despite being key first team players. All are expected to return for the next game.

In the first half Wrexham dominated possession and took the lead through South African striker Lennox Bacela on 25 minutes. Wrexham had 60% of possession over the whole match and continued to dominate in the second half. Mabwati Cedric doubled the lead on 68 minutes and the Red Dragons looked to be cruising to a very comfortable. However, they were given a late scare when Moustapha pulled one back for Hayes and Yeading with 6 minutes to go. The Welsh team nevertheless held out to claim the first three points of the campaign. Manager Barnaby Dowling spoke after the game:

It was great to get our season of to a winning start, especially because I took a big risk with the team selection. I wanted to keep a few players very fresh for the game in two days time. I also wanted to show all the players that I trust them in big games. We mustn't, however, get carried away as the season will provide the team with much tougher tests.

Screenshot2011-05-29at013408.png?t=1306629406