Display your dream team for this season, 11 starting players (obviously) and 7 subs to cover them.

its difficult but going to see peoples opinions. i have no doubt my dream team will change once i see others reasoning and realise i forgot somebody.

.....................Van der Sar

Alves......Vidic.......Carvalho.......marcelo (?)

.............. Xavi .......Alonso...............

Messi ............ Iniesta.............Ronaldo

.......................Eto

subs: Casillas, Puyol, ramos, evra, ozil, di maria, Tevez.

explaing controversy: puyol was injured too much, as was ferdinand. so puyol gets a place on the bench and ferdinand nowhere to be seen.

marcelo, well hasn't really been a year for LB's has it really...he has been good. i think the rest speak for themselves.

feel free to question my choices, im sure ill change my mind and list your team of the year too !

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: 2010/2011 dream team. normal best team: vds alves-vidic-carvalho-marcelo di maria-xavi-iniesta-ronaldo messi-tevez young/future great players team: neuer raphael-kompany-silva-coentrao go

Re: 2010/2011 dream team.

------------Van der Sar

Alves----Vidic----Kompany----Bale

-----------Xavi----Giggs---------

----Messi------Iniesta-------Ronaldo

---------------Van Persie----------

im assuming Bale still counts as a LB, if no the bains would go there.

Van Persie has been injured for a long time, but averaging almost a goal a game for all the time he was playing was amazing.

Display your dream team for this season' date=' 11 starting players (obviously) and 7 subs to cover them.

its difficult but going to see peoples opinions. i have no doubt my dream team will change once i see others reasoning and realise i forgot somebody.

.....................Van der Sar

Alves......Vidic.......Carvalho.......marcelo (?)

.............. Xavi .......Alonso...............

.......................Eto

subs: Casillas, Puyol, ramos, evra, ozil, di maria, Tevez.

explaing controversy: puyol was injured too much, as was ferdinand. so puyol gets a place on the bench and ferdinand nowhere to be seen.

marcelo, well hasn't really been a year for LB's has it really...he has been good. i think the rest speak for themselves.

feel free to question my choices, im sure ill change my mind and list your team of the year too !

Very good team, i'd want Thiago Silva starting and i'd take Modric over Di Maria all day.

Van Der Sar

Alves - Silva - Vidic - Abidal

Xavi - De Jong

Messi - Iniesta - Robben

Eto'o

Subs: Friedel, Puyol, Cole, Modric, Ronaldo, Giggs, Gomez

Now I know I have Robben over Ronaldo, but it all came down to assists. Robben had 8 in 14, Ronaldo had 10 in 34. Can only imagine a fit Robben for 2/3 or 3/4 of the season. Messi and Eto'o would easily do the scoring and while Iniesta and Xavi are probably 2 of the best passers, they don't have the assists and De Jong, well, he's not going to assist. Before his unfortunate illness, Abidal was one of the best defenders all around, at LB and CB in place of Puyol. I love Puyol, still think he's the best defender in the world, but I would love to see a team of Silva and Vidic. Alves says it all, him and Messi on the right is amazing enough.

.....................Valdes

Sagna......Vidic.......Kompany.......Baines

.............. Xavi .......De Jong...............

...................Van Persie

Premiership and La Liga dominated with Coentrao narrowly missing the left back spot.

i was thinking of de jong myself actualy...alonso got the nod though he is just pure class. glad im not the only one who thought of him though !

First 11

Van Der Sar

Alves Vidic Carvalho Marcelo

Xavi Alonso

messi Ronney Ronaldo

Hernandez

hernandez instead of etoo, why ?

just curious, i thought of hernadez but a starter who has scored more is surely the better option ?

Van der Sar

Alves - Silva - Vidic - Marcelo

Xavi - Sneijder - Ozil

Robben - Messi - Ronaldo

Subs: Casillas / Puyol / Coentrao / Xabi Alonso / Sahin / Gotze / Suarez

Tough choice, but I'd say this would be about it.

Oh and my youth squad of 10/11

De Gea

van der Wiel - Hummels - Subotic - Coentrao

Gotze - Sahin - Eriksen

Di Maria - Neymar - Pato

Subs: Koval / Musacchio / Bale / Wilshere / Hazard / Casnos / Lukaku

Van De Sar

Sagna, Carvalho, Vidic, Marcelo

De Jong, Alonso

Messi, Ozil, Ronaldo

Eto

SUBS-Neuer, Baines, Pique, Alves, Xavi, Robben, Tevez

(for RB I can't forgive Alves for his play acting:p I know everyone does it but not as much as him)

De Jong over Xavi as with all the attacking midfielders ahead I don't see much tracking back:D

-----VDS-----

-----Alves-----Silva-----Vidic-----Sakho-----

-----Alsonso----Sahin-----

-----Messi-----Ozil-----Ronaldo-----

-----RVP-----

With 3 Madrid and only 2 Barca I might be influenced by my dislike for Barca, hope they get destroyed Saturday Night.

May I ask why Messi is absent from your youth team' date=' when he is the same age is Di Maria, and far better?[/quote']

Your serious? I guess he see's 1988 as the cut off, seeing as Messi was born a year earlier and developed at a youinger age i dont see the issue. Maybe you just like talking about Messi, in which case fair enough......

Guest Arsene Wenger Arsenal

normal best team:

vds

alves-vidic-carvalho-marcelo

di maria-xavi-iniesta-ronaldo

messi-tevez

young/future great players team:

neuer

raphael-kompany-silva-coentrao

gotze-wilshere-sahin

cavani-falcao-hernandez

but the players who were good this season and deserve to be mentioned in the dream team are many. also don't forget that a dream wouldn't work in reality. Why? just imagine messi and ronaldo in the same team...

Helton

Alves - Otamendi - Vidic - A. Pereira

T. Silva

Xavi Sahin

Messi Falcao Ronaldo

Subs: VDS' date=' R. Carvalho, Marcelo, Wilshire, Nani, Ozil and Etoo.[/quote']

WOW how did you not lose in a whole season??? :eek::eek::eek: only 25 goals conceded and 191 scored?!!! :eek::eek::eek: WOW

WOW how did you not lose in a whole season??? :eek::eek::eek: only 25 goals conceded and 191 scored?!!! :eek::eek::eek: WOW

Because it was on Div 4 and I had a team far better than others.. ^^

nothing like a bit of porto bias ;)

Nope, in case of doubt, I just chose the players that had more success this season.. and as Porto was the 4th best team for UEFA.. doesn't know the surprise.. :|

Nope' date=' in case of doubt, I just chose the players that had more success this season.. and as Porto was the 4th best team for UEFA.. doesn't know the surprise.. :|[/quote']

just surprised that players like eto'o who score more in every competition and get more assists are subs.

helton better than neuer or van der sar ? or casillias?

kompany pique/ puyol but Otamendi?

just very strange decisions thats all :)

just surprised that players like eto'o who score more in every competition and get more assists are subs.

helton better than neuer or van der sar ? or casillias?

kompany pique/ puyol but Otamendi?

just very strange decisions thats all :)

This is probably the best season of Helton.. never saw a mistake of him in all the season.. and it's usual so see errors when keepers have less to do because they lose the concentration.. while I remember to see errors of the three other keepers. This is the position where errors are paid expensive.

Otamendi was also impeccable in all the challenges' date=' made some important goals.. while Pique done a few errors lately, Puyol missed half of the season( you can argue the same about Otamendi, but he was rested half of the season and had a period to adaptation to our football) and Kompany haven't seen much of him, but at the start of the season, he not convinced me. I was going to put Carvalho as starter( or move T. Silva back), but has he [i']only[/i] reached the CL S/F and won the Copa del Rey comparing to the four honours of Otamendi, decided to put him on the bench. Also the Argentinian is more humble than Pique and would work better along Vidic that is a leader.

Between Eto'o and Falcao, what decided was the honours and the record that Falcao broke. As I doubt someone will beat it soon in European competitions. And the Colombian will be remembered forever(?!) due to this season

To be biased, I would only include Porto players.. ;)

Helton

Alves - Otamendi - Vidic - A. Pereira

T. Silva

Xavi Sahin

Messi Falcao Ronaldo

Subs: VDS' date=' R. Carvalho, Marcelo, Wilshire, Nani, Ozil and Etoo.[/quote']

Hennesy

Alves Stearman Vidic Elokobi

Jarvis O'Hara Henry Messi

Doyle Flethcher

Bench; Van De Sar, Ward, Mancienne, Nani, Ebanks Blake, Edrwards, Falcao

Just as you love FC Porto I love Wolves and overate them to. You know what they say "love is blind":) Your head must be full of sand to believe your post genuinely-not a single other person has put Helton, Otamendi or Periera.