Re: 2010/2011 dream team.

Hennesy

Alves Stearman Vidic Elokobi

Jarvis O'Hara Henry Messi

Doyle Flethcher

Bench; Van De Sar' date=' Ward, Mancienne, Nani, Ebanks Blake, Edrwards, Falcao

Just as you love FC Porto I love Wolves and overate them to. You know what they say "love is blind":) Your head must be full of sand to believe your post genuinely-not a single other person has put Helton, Otamendi or Periera.[/quote']

It's not love. I tried to defend my choices. I don't get why you guys think Coentrao is better than A. Pereira when he isn't.. :confused: at least I used players that have made anything this year in the world.

Speaking of love, loved that you jumped from the other talk ;)

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: 2010/2011 dream team. normal best team: vds alves-vidic-carvalho-marcelo di maria-xavi-iniesta-ronaldo messi-tevez young/future great players team: neuer raphael-kompany-silva-coentrao go

It's not love. I tried to defend my choices. I don't get why you guys think Coentrao is better than A. Pereira when he isn't.. :confused: at least I used players that have made anything this year in the world.

Speaking of love' date=' loved that you jumped from the other talk ;)[/quote']

No-we think Helton is not Neuer, or Van De Sar, or any world class keeper.

We think that Otamendi is not Puyol, Terry, Ferdinand, Pique, Lucio or world class.

Falcao is not a Tevez, Eto etc. My point is that you are biased to the point of believing Porto have the best players in the world-they don't.

You said that you believed Porto players achieved a lot so you picked them; well Pique achived more than Otamendi. Ferdinand has. Many other examples.

SO MANY keepers are better than Helton it really is strange you choose him:p Talk to most people they will not class your Porto players as the elite.

No-we think Helton is not Neuer' date=' or Van De Sar, or any world class keeper.

We think that Otamendi is not Puyol, Terry, Ferdinand, Pique, Lucio or world class.

Falcao is not a Tevez, Eto etc. My point is that you are biased to the point of believing Porto have the best players in the world-they don't.

You said that you believed Porto players achieved a lot so you picked them; well Pique achived more than Otamendi. Ferdinand has. Many other examples.

SO MANY keepers are better than Helton it really is strange you choose him:p Talk to most people they will not class your Porto players as the elite.[/quote']

that's why half of the world is behind them?

I believed and believe! Porto achieved a lot and no one this season will win a quadruple including a European competition.. :confused:

Pique and Ferdinand so far, won the SC, the league and can win the CL.. Otamendi won more this season, done less mistakes than the Spanish and played more than Rio.. Rio had some nervous games this season to use a nice word.

These are the XI players with the parameters I have mentioned that I think performed better. Without being biased.. whether you like or not.

btw, World Class players are the players than win trophies at the higher level.. and the Porto players I mentioned done it.

that's why half of the world is behind them?

I believed and believe! Porto achieved a lot and no one this season will win a quadruple including a European competition.. :confused:

Pique and Ferdinand so far' date=' won the SC, the league and can win the CL.. Otamendi won more this season, done less mistakes than the Spanish and played more than Rio.. Rio had some nervous games this season to use a nice word.

These are the XI players with the parameters I have mentioned that I think performed better. Without being biased.. whether you like or not.

btw, World Class players are the players than win trophies at the [b']higher level.. [/b]and the Porto players I mentioned done it.

Hate to break it to you mate but Europa league is the second string competition:o :o:o:o :o:o:oand the better teams go into the UCL;)

and the Portuguese league is undeniably weaker than the biggest leagues. ;)When comparing the leagues we can see that Porto play Benfica, Sporting and then teams no one has really heard of. In Spain/England there are many teams of higher quality so it is much harder to go undefeated. I think its strange that Liverpool miss out on European football yet Vitoria Guimares get it don't you?

can i ask why people are saying falcao ?

eto'o got more goals (21)' date=' in a more competitive league and also got 11 assists.

8 champions league goals and 5 champions league assists.

tevez 21 goals and hia ability is there to be seen. find it amazing how peopl choose a player like falcao.[/quote']

Because Falcao set the record for most goals in the Euro League / UEFA Cup this season and thus beating Klinsmann. And we all love people who beat Germans! (or is that just us Dutch? :o)

Just kidding! :D(am not kidding, if there's one thing you can wake me up for in the middle of the night, it is to beat a German with something! But don't tell zhem or zhey will get angry!)

:o

Hate to break it to you mate but Europa league is the second string competition:o :o:o:o :o:o:oand the better teams go into the UCL;)

and the Portuguese league is undeniably weaker than the biggest leagues. ;)When comparing the leagues we can see that Porto play Benfica' date=' Sporting and then teams no one has really heard of. In Spain/England there are many teams of higher quality so it is much harder to go undefeated. I think its strange that Liverpool miss out on European football yet Vitoria Guimares get it don't you?[/quote']

it's only strange when teams like Stoke and Birmingham qualify in front of them.. :confused:

right, Hapoel Tel Aviv, Zilina, Bursaspor, Partizan better than Juve, City, Pool, Villarreal? think not. Both competitions have their weak teams and strong teams. You just give less credit to one because the English teams haven't done well there. Let's compare the hype between Fulham and Braga.. and you will see that the media manipulates the thoughts of the people ;)

May I ask why Messi is absent from your youth team' date=' when he is the same age is Di Maria, and far better?[/quote']
Your serious? I guess he see's 1988 as the cut off' date=' seeing as Messi was born a year earlier and developed at a youinger age i dont see the issue. Maybe you just like talking about Messi, in which case fair enough......[/quote']

Lol, funny question and an even funnier reply from Gunh1gher (how do you pronounce your name? :o)

But I didn't put Messi in because he's already in my senior squad and unless he has found a way to clone himself he won't be in my youth squad. (How I wish he could clone himself!)

Are we talking the best team in the world at this time or the team of players that performed best in the 10/11 season?

hmm good question. i say best in the 10/11 season but upto you, often these are very much the same thing !

eg ronaldo is the best winger in the world, messi best forward, and both the best of this season :)

that help?

hmm good question. i say best in the 10/11 season but upto you' date=' often these are very much the same thing !

eg ronaldo is the best winger in the world, messi best forward, and both the best of this season :)

that help?[/quote']

On paper, Julio Cesar is one of the best keepers in the world but this season he's largely been poor :) That kinda thing. Anyway:

Lloris

Alves - Hummels - Subotic - Marcelo

De Jong

Messi - Xavi

Hulk ---------------------- Ronaldo

Di Natale

and you will see that the media manipulates the thoughts of the people ;)

firstly' date=' i dont listen to the media and i always maintained rooney was a good player and luiz is not a great CB at this time. so it dosnt manipulate me at all!

anyway im a little confused, am i right in thinking that you are saying you think otamendi is a better CB this season than all of carvalho, pique and puyol ?

helton better season than VDS, Neuer, Valdes, Casillas ?

Pique and Ferdinand so far, won the SC, the league and can win the CL.. Otamendi won more this season, done less mistakes than the Spanish and played more than Rio.. Rio had some nervous games this season to use a nice word.

you mentioned carvalho somewhere, but you do know that they got knocked out to barca? carvalho is not a bad player just because they got knocked out to the best team in the world. still places them in the top 3 in the world ?

ferdinand isnt the best but the fact that uniteds defence is the best in the champions league says a lot.

i accept otamendi has won a lot, but dont you think carvalho etc would have won more if their teams were in those competitions ?

madrid would have won the quadruple if they played in the same competitons as porto surely ?

i can see where you are coming from and its a decent argument tbf, but i think its overly harsh dismissing players because they got knocked out of certain competitions. they got knocked out due to the immense quality of other teams, no lack of talent on their part.

eg united may go down to barca, still 2nd / 3rd in the world.

madrid the same: still absolutely class and just because porto won 4 titles, the madrid players could easily have performed better but just with more difficult matches.

eg porto won the europa league: madrid only knocked out due to barca. safe to say they would have won the europa league given their performances, i mean they made spurs look like amatuers.

madrid again came second to barca: they would have won a portuguese league with the form they displayed ?

so im not quite sure how helton and co get the nod....]

edit: teams like liverpool knocked out due to the europa league fair enough, but lets face it they played a reserve team.

liverpool with so many stars missing are a rubbish team, them getting knocked out as well as redknapp saying nobody cares about the europa league, its just a hinderance to UCL progression shows a lot why england dont do great in it.

that said, i want liverpool to put a starting team out this year to see just how good the other teams are, and possibly how bad liverpool are !

i think you agree nothing would be better than in form porto vs in form lpool.

i mean joe cole, jovanvic, spearing before his arrival of form, ngog, POULSEN....

i want to see liverpool being able to play suarez (was cup tied), gerrard, meireles etc regularly. and who knows maybe ashley young and a few other new additions.

Lol' date=' funny question and an even funnier reply from Gunh1gher (how do you pronounce your name? :o)

But I didn't put Messi in because he's already in my senior squad and unless he has found a way to clone himself he won't be in my youth squad. (How I wish he could clone himself!)[/quote']

Your serious? I guess he see's 1988 as the cut off' date=' seeing as Messi was born a year earlier and developed at a youinger age i dont see the issue. Maybe you just like talking about Messi, in which case fair enough......[/quote']

Ohh alright then, I was just wondering.

And I didnt realise the two teams were in conjuction. :)

@Gunh1gher there is no issue, I was just wondering. Jheesze.

On paper' date=' Julio Cesar is one of the best keepers in the world but this season he's largely been poor :) That kinda thing. Anyway:

[center']Lloris

Alves - Hummels - Subotic - Marcelo

De Jong

Messi - Xavi

Hulk ---------------------- Ronaldo

Di Natale[/center]

agreed cesar has been poor. i see all of your choices and to an extent hummels and subotic.......surely kompany ( given your a city fan ;) ) would have featured.. ?

dortmund record german defence / 1 goal away from it but city have a great defence too..

that said i see your point, just a little surprised but not saying its wrong ! :)

i was so glad you put de jong, i was going too but didnt. then i thought my god, i was going to put de jong........

if i said to the world de jong would be on a world 11 this time next year instead of essien, alonso, busquets etc etcim sure id have been laughed out the room. shows how things change i guess :)

how unpredictable was his arrival of form !

firstly' date=' i dont listen to the media and i always maintained rooney was a good player and luiz is not a great CB at this time. so it dosnt manipulate me at all!

anyway im a little confused, am i right in thinking that you are saying you think otamendi is a better CB this season than all of carvalho, pique and puyol ?

helton better season than VDS, Neuer, Valdes, Casillas ?

[/quote']

Yep, for what I saw they commited less mistakes.

you mentioned carvalho somewhere' date=' but you do know that they got knocked out to barca? carvalho is not a bad player just because they got knocked out to the best team in the world. still places them in the top 3 in the world ?

ferdinand isnt the best but the fact that uniteds defence is the best in the champions league says a lot.

i accept otamendi has won a lot, but dont you think carvalho etc would have won more if their teams were in those competitions ?

madrid would have won the quadruple if they played in the same competitons as porto surely ?

i can see where you are coming from and its a decent argument tbf, but i think its overly harsh dismissing players because they got knocked out of certain competitions. they got knocked out due to the immense quality of other teams, no lack of talent on their part.

eg united may go down to barca, still 2nd / 3rd in the world.

madrid the same: still absolutely class and just because porto won 4 titles, the madrid players could easily have performed better but just with more difficult matches.

eg porto won the europa league: madrid only knocked out due to barca. safe to say they would have won the europa league given their performances, i mean they made spurs look like amatuers.

madrid again came second to barca: they would have won a portuguese league with the form they displayed ?

so im not quite sure how helton and co get the nod....']

edit: teams like liverpool knocked out due to the europa league fair enough, but lets face it they played a reserve team.

liverpool with so many stars missing are a rubbish team, them getting knocked out as well as redknapp saying nobody cares about the europa league, its just a hinderance to UCL progression shows a lot why england dont do great in it.

that said, i want liverpool to put a starting team out this year to see just how good the other teams are, and possibly how bad liverpool are !

i think you agree nothing would be better than in form porto vs in form lpool.

i mean joe cole, jovanvic, spearing before his arrival of form, ngog, POULSEN....

i want to see liverpool being able to play suarez (was cup tied), gerrard, meireles etc regularly. and who knows maybe ashley young and a few other new additions.

If I thought Carvalho was not good enough, why would I include him in the bench?

Ferdinand played half of the CL campaign.. they aren't the team that conceded less goals because of him, I think.

Don't know if they would won the quadruple.. they probable would use reserves as Liverpool and would be knocked out early.. :rolleyes:

btw, to IFFHS, Real is the 2nd best team of the world and Porto is only 3rd.

And if Real Madrid was founded in Portugal, hardly they would come near of what they achieved everywhere. Even with this team, I don't know if they would do a similar record as Porto done.

For me counts more the trophies than the moral wins. You are in your right to think anything else and I respect it.

I believed and believe!

You make it sound like you believed in turning water into wine or some other miracle of incredible difficulty, and thus the Porto players deserve regognition as being better than players such as Puyol and Eto.

If you are naive enough to believe that beating Sporting Braga in a final is difficult you must be silly enough to still believe in Santa Claus:D:D:D

Europa League is nice, but not worthy of being used as a barometer for sucess against the players mentioned here. Plus the Portuguese league is weak, so FC Porto hardly proved themselves really

For me counts more the trophies than the moral wins. You are in your right to think anything else and I respect it.

I won a cup playing for my school. It gave me a trophy. United won a trophy for winning the Premier League, but I only count trophies so I at this second, unless United beat Barca, am equal to United.

My point is that Porto has easy opposition to beat for thier trophies-English and Spanish teams at least had to play world class players:)

(Oh and if Helton is world class along with Otamendi then Ferdinand, Puyol, Pique, Van De Sar are literally out of this world);)

Players such as Robben have said that they would be unhappy playing in the Europa League, even if for one season, with winning it no concalation to the fact that they are competeting for a trophy that is not really that meaningful at the end of the day.

Well, I give up.

The 3rd best team of the world for the IFFHS and 4th best team for UEFA cannot have world class players and cannot have players included in a best team of the season.

So, my team of this season is:

VDS

Alves - Pique - Vidic - Marcelo

Xabi

Xavi Iniesta

Messi Villa Ronaldo

Just included players of the other top teams higher ranked than Porto. Hope now, the Royal Highnesses doesn't have any problem with my team.

Guest Arsene Wenger Arsenal

Yep' date=' for what I saw they commited less mistakes.

If I thought Carvalho was not good enough, why would I include him in the bench?

Ferdinand played half of the CL campaign.. they aren't the team that conceded less goals because of him, I think.

Don't know if they would won the quadruple.. they probable would use reserves as Liverpool and would be knocked out early.. :rolleyes:

btw, to IFFHS, Real is the 2nd best team of the world and Porto is only 3rd.

And if Real Madrid was founded in Portugal, hardly they would come near of what they achieved everywhere. Even with this team, I don't know if they would do a similar record as Porto done.

For me counts more the trophies than the [i']moral wins[/i]. You are in your right to think anything else and I respect it.

first of all i want you to know that i respect your opinion. porto had a fantastic season and the players deserve respect! BUT please don't compare Europa league to CL and Portuguese league to the big four leagues!

porto is a great team, a team which makes many talents and had many great managers like today, falcao, hulk, moutinho etc are good talents! for me porto is like Ajax but on better form! the fact you have some decent talents don't make your players the best on the world! vidic and kompany for example are playing in great teams had good season and won also some trophies! Some porto players deserve to be mentioned on the best young squad of the season and why not one day become the best all around the world but not yet. you should be proud for your great team but don't think you are the 3rd best team in the world! again i want to tell that i don't want to make fun of you, we just discuss :)

first of all i want you to know that i respect your opinion. porto had a fantastic season and the players deserve respect! BUT please don't compare Europa league to CL and Portuguese league to the big four leagues!

porto is a great team' date=' a team which makes many talents and had many great managers like today, falcao, hulk, moutinho etc are good talents! for me porto is like Ajax but on better form! the fact you have some decent talents don't make your players the best on the world! vidic and kompany for example are playing in great teams had good season and won also some trophies! Some porto players deserve to be mentioned on the best young squad of the season and why not one day become the best all around the world but not yet. you should be proud for your great team but don't think you are the 3rd best team in the world! again i want to tell that i don't want to make fun of you, we just discuss :)[/quote']

I am not saying they are the 3rd best team of the world, I am just saying that some important institutions say it. And they give different strenght to the CL and to the EL and even with that Porto stay near the top.. if they have some credit in football world, and based in it, and for what I have seen, I can't include players of Porto, I am sorry.

That's why I made a 2nd version, with only players from teams ranked higher than Porto for both institutions. To not be biased.

Well' date=' I give up.

The 3rd best team of the world for the IFFHS and 4th best team for UEFA cannot have world class players and cannot have players included in a best team of the season.

So, my team of this season is:

[center']VDS

Xabi

Xavi Iniesta

Messi Villa Ronaldo[/center]

Just included players of the other top teams higher ranked than Porto. Hope now, the Royal Highnesses doesn't have any problem with my team.

I dont like this team, Falcao is better than Villa for start, back to the drawing board methinks.

Guest Arsene Wenger Arsenal

Casillas

Xabi

Ozil Robben

Messi Villa Ronaldo

I think I was the only person who put in Robben..

robben is my favourite player and i wanted to include him in the team but i was thinking of peoples reaction:):o

Casillas

Xabi

Ozil Robben

Messi Villa Ronaldo

I think I was the only person who put in Robben..

If Robben plays a full season next year at recent form he's going to be talked about like Messi and Ronaldo but he just didnt play enough for me.

Most leave Thiago Silva out, i just dont get how any of these other CB's come close except they made the CL final, on actual performance and abilility Silva wins hands down for me. Other than that great team.