Re: 2010/2011 dream team.

If Robben plays a full season next year at recent form he's going to be talked about like Messi and Ronaldo but he just didnt play enough for me.

Most leave Thiago Silva out' date=' i just dont get how any of these other CB's come close except they made the CL final, on actual performance and abilility Silva wins hands down for me. Other than that great team.[/quote']

I don' watch he Serie A much so i don't know how good Silva is,bu by seeing people's comments he must be a seriously immense defender.

Robben,when he came back from injury was brilliant.

Scored so may goals and he Wing partnership with Ribery proved so beneficial for Munchen.

Ribery did warrant a place,but for me he couldn't displace Robben,Ozil,Ronald.o or Messi

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: 2010/2011 dream team. normal best team: vds alves-vidic-carvalho-marcelo di maria-xavi-iniesta-ronaldo messi-tevez young/future great players team: neuer raphael-kompany-silva-coentrao go

I really dont think Otamendi can make it in this team, there are other better CBs, that deserve it more. But the likes of Helton, Falcao and Hulk are available players for this team of the season, cause they performed really great. Helton did an hell of a seson, just like Falcao and Hulk. This not means they´re the best players in the world, they just performed very well this season and were sucessfull, so i think its not unfair if some people put 1 or 2 of them in his team, cause this is the team of THIS season. Its hard for me to do a team, but it would be like:

Casillas

Piqué - Vidic - Kompany

Wilshere - Xavi

Iniesta - Ozil

Messi

Ronaldo - Hulk

Subs: Neuer/Helton - Alves - Coentrão - Robben - Di Maria/Nani - Tevez - Falcao

There are a couple of other players that i would like to put here and would be deserved, like Etoo, Thiago Silva or Xabi Alonso, but we really have to choose and this is my choice.

"Is your highness" Gizb happy now enough people have told him Otamendi and Helton are not world class?

That's not the point of the thread though. Fabregas is a world class midfielder yet nobody has him in their team of the season. The thread asks for the best performing side of players from 10/11 and Helton could definitely be included in that, Otamendi perhaps less so but I understand Gizb's reasoning.

I dont like this team' date=' Falcao is better than Villa for start, back to the drawing board methinks.[/quote']

I just used players from the other top 3 teams of that both rankings. Players from United, Barça and Real that this season are the only teams that are better than Porto in that rankings. If with that Porto players can't be in a team of the season, then for me, players from others teams lower ranked can't too.

"Is your highness" Gizb happy now enough people have told him Otamendi and Helton are not world class?

I am sorry, but not. I will not change my opinion because some didn't agree with me. I don't go with the wind. I gave some support basis to what I said and If you don't like it, don't eat. Now don't say the same thing, because you forces me to say the same always. You look like a broken record. Read the dictionary to learn new words.

I just used players from the other top 3 teams of that both rankings. Players from United' date=' Barça and Real that this season are the only teams that are better than Porto in that rankings. If with that Porto players can't be in a team of the season, then for me, players from others teams lower ranked can't too..[/quote']

I know mate, i was taking your sarcasm to another level for you. No-one can argue with you on your opinion (*) and if you watch Porto amd think your players are the best put them in your dreamteam, forget the haters.

* Except Heiton, so so wrong ;)

I did not said that Porto players are not world class, cause some of them already are imo and some of them will probably be in a near future. You dont need to be the best of the world to be world class i guess. Players like Hulk and Falcao are world class now i think, and Helton is a world class keeper, people probably dont know him too much, but this season he was perfect. Hope he can keep it up next season. And i totally respect Gizb opinion about Otamendi, he´s a very good CB and will only get better, but i think he didnt play enough this season, he missed a lot of games, like Ferdinand for example. I think he can be a world class CB in a near future, but at moment i wouldnt include him in my team cause he isnt yet at the level of Vidic and Piqué for example. But he´s younger, so he can get there with a lot of work and some luck too. Cheers.

If with that Porto players can't be in a team of the season' date=' then for me, players from others teams lower ranked can't too.[/quote']

That's exactly the type of argument a Porto fan would use :P

The quality and success of a team isn't equal to the sum of all it's player's quality.

Any team that doesn't have success can have great players that make great seasons.

With that said, I understand your biasness and your explanation of your choices, but what I don't understand is why Otamendi instead of Rolando?

Rolando is the boss at Porto's defense. Plays every match when he's available, and will soom replace Bruno Alves in the portuguese NT (should have happenend ages ago).

Alvaro Pereira over Coentrão? For a Porto fan sure, but try to be a bit more realistic. Coentrão is the LB of the moment in the world. Maybe Marcelo is at the same level, but he's not so consistent in his defensive skills.

But don't get me wrong, A. Pereira is up there, but imho he doesn't have the wow factor that would make me say he's topped everyone else this season.

And Helton, despite of what he has won, he isn't and will never be a world class goalkeeper. I'd even chose Artur from Braga over Helton every day, not to mention VDS, Neuer, Casillas, Valdés, and so on.

With that said, here's my dreamteam for 2010/11:

- Neuer

- D. Alves -- Carvalho -- Pique -- Coentrão

- Xavi -- Iniesta

- Messi -- Ozil -- Ronaldo

- Falcao

Subs: VDS, Vidic, Bale, Xabi Alonso, Moutinho, Di Maria, Eto'o

I did not said that Porto players are not world class' date=' cause some of them already are imo and some of them will probably be in a near future. You dont need to be the best of the world to be world class i guess. Players like Hulk and Falcao are world class now i think, and Helton is a world class keeper, people probably dont know him too much, but this season he was perfect. Hope he can keep it up next season. And i totally respect Gizb opinion about Otamendi, he´s a very good CB and will only get better, but i think he didnt play enough this season, he missed a lot of games, like Ferdinand for example. I think he can be a world class CB in a near future, but at moment i wouldnt include him in my team cause he isnt yet at the level of Vidic and Piqué for example. But he´s younger, so he can get there with a lot of work and some luck too. Cheers.[/quote']

I liked Otamendi more than Rolando. Otamendi played less in the start due to not be used to the league and to the team and in the later stages of the season because he was tired. The type of the game of Otamendi spents more energy than the Rolando one. If you compare the average performances rating given my maisfutebol, they give 3,20 to Otamendi and only 3 to Rolando..

The quality and success of a team isn't equal to the sum of all it's player's quality.

Any team that doesn't have success can have great players that make great seasons.

With that said' date=' I understand your biasness and your explanation of your choices, but what I don't understand is why Otamendi instead of Rolando?

Rolando is the boss at Porto's defense. Plays every match when he's available, and will soom replace Bruno Alves in the portuguese NT (should have happenend ages ago).

Alvaro Pereira over Coentrão? For a Porto fan sure, but try to be a bit more realistic. Coentrão is the LB of the moment in the world. Maybe Marcelo is at the same level, but he's not so consistent in his defensive skills.

But don't get me wrong, A. Pereira is up there, but imho he doesn't have the wow factor that would make me say he's topped everyone else this season.

And Helton, despite of what he has won, he isn't and will never be a world class goalkeeper. I'd even chose Artur from Braga over Helton every day, not to mention VDS, Neuer, Casillas, Valdés, and so on.

- Neuer

- Xavi -- Iniesta

- Falcao

Subs: VDS, Vidic, Bale, Xabi Alonso, Moutinho, Di Maria, Eto'o[/quote']

Nope, I used that when people said Porto is nothing and didn't had world class players..

Given the explanation of Rolando vs Otamendi above.

About A. Pereira vs Coentrão. Alvaro doesn't get the credit he deserves because he have in the team players that shine more than him and have someone in his flanks that actually do some thing. While Coentrao has to do all, because Benfica wingers in the majority of the time play badly. He looks better because he performs better than the other players of the team(not hard), but as Porto have players performing in an extraordinary level looks Alvaro was not good enough. Look at maisfutebol av performances and you see Coentrao is just better 0,02. 3,35 vs 3,33.. he gets more hype because he is Portuguese and have EU passport.

You are saying that Artur is better because he is going for Benfica. I said I have chosen the keeper that had less mistakes as I already stated before.

I liked Otamendi more than Rolando. Otamendi played less in the start due to not be used to the league and to the team and in the later stages of the season because he was tired. The type of the game of Otamendi spents more energy than the Rolando one. If you compare the average performances rating given my maisfutebol' date=' they give 3,20 to Otamendi and only 3 to Rolando..QUOTE']

Yeah, i know why he played less, and i know that in normal conditions he will be an undisputed starter imo. He did very well this season. But the thing is he played less. Otamendi higher overages performances rating than Rolando can be justified by his goals. I also think that Otamendi is much more energic than Rolando, but they have different styles and Rolando also did very good this season. Two great CB´s imo. I also did not put Rolando in my team. Maybe next year, i hope ^^ Cheers m8.

With that said' date=' I understand your biasness and your explanation of your choices, but what I don't understand is why Otamendi instead of Rolando?

- Neuer

- Xavi -- Iniesta

- Falcao

Subs: VDS, Vidic, Bale, Xabi Alonso, Moutinho, Di Maria, Eto'o[/quote']

Your having a pop at the guys 'biased' team when yours is the el classico select! Xavi and Iniesta are you defensive mids, it looks like a 2-5-3 to me!

Your having a pop at the guys 'biased' team when yours is the el classico select! Xavi and Iniesta are you defensive mids' date=' it looks like a 2-5-3 to me![/quote']

I'm not having a pop, I just said that I do not agree with his view of team titles = individual quality of the players.

And I fail to see the 2-5-3 you say about my team. Or even the defensive midfielders... there are none...

Nope' date=' I used that when people said Porto is nothing and didn't had world class players..

Given the explanation of Rolando vs Otamendi above.

About A. Pereira vs Coentrão. Alvaro doesn't get the credit he deserves because he have in the team players that shine more than him and have someone in his flanks that actually do some thing. While Coentrao has to do all, because Benfica wingers in the majority of the time play badly. He looks better because he performs better than the other players of the team(not hard), but as Porto have players performing in an extraordinary level looks Alvaro was not good enough. Look at maisfutebol av performances and you see Coentrao is just better 0,02. 3,35 vs 3,33.. he gets more hype because he is Portuguese and have EU passport.

You are saying that Artur is better because he is going for Benfica. I said I have chosen the keeper that had less mistakes as I already stated before.[/quote']

1- I agree with you, Porto has world class players and is a world class team.

2- In my opinion Rolando is the best central back at Porto, even though I like Otamendi very much.

3- I see A. Pereira as a very good left back, but just like Maxi Pereira in Benfica. Very good, but doesn't have the wow factor.

Coentrão is more than that. It looks like he stands out because he's the only one that does anything, but in fact he stands out because he does more.

I don't think you'll say that Gaitan had am awefull season. He was one of the most important players in Benfica, and still Coentrão stood out.

4- What I said about Artur is independant of which club he's going to. Since he's first appearences in Braga that I believe he's an awesome keeper. The best in Portugal at the moment (my opinion, of course).