Fed up off Messi, he's not the world's best

Re: Fed up off Messi, he's not the world's best

The main reason people prefer Messi to Ronaldo is simply attitude .

Ronaldo gets kicked he goes down crying , arms waving and getting ready for his tantrum .

Messi gets kicked he asks for the ball so he can embarass you and put you on your **** .

At least thats how i seperate them .

Sorry if I'm missing your point but you are saying that Ronaldo is the best player in the world' date='right?[/quote']

Sorry mate but isn't that what it says under your sig :confused:

Seems a little hypocritical that you also say Messi is world's best?

Sorry mate but isn't that what it says under your sig :confused:

Seems a little hypocritical that you also say Messi is world's best?

Keep your pants on.

Read all my posts and see the white text in my second/third post.

Keep your pants on.

Read all my posts and see the white text in my second/third post.

That's what makes it stupid... you argue with the guy that Messi is indeed the best player in the world, and at the end of the post you whitetext that Ronaldo is better? :rolleyes:

That's what makes it stupid... you argue with the guy that Messi is indeed the best player in the world' date=' and at the end of the post you whitetext that Ronaldo is better? :rolleyes:[/quote']

*bangs head on wall*

Did you even read my posts?

He was saying that Messi is nothing without Iniesta and co. and that Messi is overrated which is quite wrong.

Messi is a great player and I have nothing against him.

You must be a real pain for your Maths teacher,no?

*bangs head on wall*

Did you even read my posts?

He was saying that Messi is nothing without Iniesta and co. and that Messi is overrated which is quite wrong.

Messi is a great player and I have nothing against him.

You must be a real pain for your Maths teacher' date='no?[/quote']

*hands over two aspirin* you may need this..Seems this may descend into violence before long..

anyway you cut it -hes a great player in a great team. That's the same argument against Pele btw compared to Maradona -Pele was surrounded by great players -Garincha and co. while Maradona was a one man show (as much as that can be in a team sport)...

Just a thought but people are saying that the players get better stats because they play in a easier league. Forgive me if i am wrong but didn't Barca just beat Man Utd , the English league winners ?. That just says to me they would probably do just as good in the premier league.

Just a thought but people are saying that the players get better stats because they play in a easier league. Forgive me if i am wrong but didn't Barca just beat Man Utd ' date=' the English league winners ?. That just says to me they would probably do just as good in the premier league.[/quote']

The thing is, I sure do think that Messi wouldn't do as good in a different club to Barcelona, because without Xavi, Iniesta and most of Barcelona's team, Messi wouldn't play as well, and receive enough killer balls to shine as he does in Barcelona. It's nothing to do with Barcelona beating Man Utd, because if it was as easy as that, we could simply say Blackpool are better than Liverpool, for beating them twice this season.

I just simply don't think Messi would be able to cope in a club, without the support and unity he has back in Barcelona, let alone in a tough league like the English League.

It's not that Messi is overrated, he's one of the best players, without a doubt, but not the best in the World, although he may have won the Spanish League and the Champions League. In my opinion, Ronaldo is a better player, not because of the titles he's won, but because he's a much more complete player than Messi, and adapts better in a variety of leagues, scoring a breath taking amount of goals.

He would get punished in england if he went against a physical Stoke on a cold winters day.

Because you're nothing until you've done this. :rolleyes:

Another xenophobic Premier League-ophile.

What is Ronaldo without Ozil or Alonso?

Didn't realise Ozil and Alonso played at Manchester United:rolleyes:

Not trying to start an argument but I agree with the first post.

To be the worlds best you have to beat the worlds best and at the last 2 world cups Messi was as good as Darren Mackie (and I know how 'good' Mackie is)

To be the worlds best you have to beat the worlds best and at the last 2 world cups Messi was as good as Darren Mackie (and I know how 'good' Mackie is)

Where have you been for the past season?! Ozil and Alonso play at Real Madrid with Ronaldo.

Once more people knock Messi's performances at the WC - did you genuinely watch him in Argentina's matches?

Because he played WELL, I hate to tell you...

Where have you been for the past season? Ozil and Alonso play at Real Madrid with Ronaldo.

Are you being sarcastic???

I was meaning when Ronaldo played at United Ozil and Alonso didn't and I was replying to Kunasher who said something along the lines of "does this mean that Ronaldo is nothing without Ozil and Alonso"

I hate such discussions which come up once a while and end horribly.

People have their own favourite players' date=' mine is Ronaldo, someone else's could be Messi and someone else's could Hulk. It is a matter of perspective.

Why does everyone bring up this debate when everyone knows their in no clear result.

People just post redundant point's which has no effect on his opponent and so on.

Ronaldo and Messi by themselves are very special players with different skill sets and why can't it be left like that?

This debate occurs too much nowdays and should be left the way it is.[/quote']

I strongly agree with this.

Isn't football a team game? 11 vs 11? Every player on that pitch plays a part. No player alone is anything without their team mates on the professional stage, to say Messi isn't the best in the world really depends on your preferences in terms of Real and Barca (if your an extreme fan of either) and your preference in terms of playing styles.

Some people prefer the power, strength, arrogance and cracking shooting of Ronaldo. (Brilliant goal against Porto for United not so long ago in the CL)

Some people prefer the more agile, dribbling maestro and cheeky finishing (chip vs Almunia) of Messi.

Although most of the footballing world recognizes Messi as the best in the world even Ronaldo although he's bitter. Everyone is entitled to their opinion and that's all it is, an opinion. Arguing about it we'll only lead to a clash of heads, nothing more. People are entitled to their opinion so let it be, although I disagree with the title of this thread and not quite sure how you can get fed up of someone who consistently sits defenders and goal keepers a like on their bottom but hey, big world, different opinions. :)

This sums up the general intelligence of those arguing against Messi being the worlds best.
Are you being sarcastic???

I was meaning when Ronaldo played at United Ozil and Alonso didn't and I was replying to Kunasher who said something along the lines of "does this mean that Ronaldo is nothing without Ozil and Alonso"

I just simply didn't see the past coments that implied this response, it was a simple mistake.

I'd say messi is the best player in the world at the moment, his talent is next to none. Some of the things he does are outstanding even in europe, I herd somewhere he has almost beaten the record amount of goals scored in the champions league and he's only 23. He has all the attributes of a top quality player and anyone who says otherwise must really hate him for making their team look stupid or something.

He is the hallmark of an outstanding player.

Messi is the best player in the world by a distance. He plays well in the big games, scores a crazy amount of goals, assists many as well. He has won everything in the club game and in the world cup, he was much better than Ronaldo who scored the meaningless 5th goal in a 7-0 win. Messi actually played well (which can be done without scoring) but people only seem to notice the fact that he never scored. Leo has been the Champions League top scorer for 3 years in a row (that's a record) and has also won the previous two Fifa World Player of the Year awards beating Ronaldo by a record margin in 2009. For those of you who say he will not do well in the Premier League, twice he ran rings around the best team in the league, Manchester United, both in Rome and London. Finally, when Ronaldo and Messi are on the pitch together it is always Messi who outshines Ronaldo (excluding only the Copa Del Rey final and 2008 CL semi final) That is why I believe Messi is the best player in the world.

Messi is the best player in the world by a distance. He plays well in the big games' date=' scores a crazy amount of goals, assists many as well. He has [b']won everything[/b] in the club game and in the world cup, he was much better than Ronaldo who scored the meaningless 5th goal in a 7-0 win. Messi actually played well (which can be done without scoring) but people only seem to notice the fact that he never scored. Leo has been the Champions League top scorer for 3 years in a row (that's a record) and has also won the previous two Fifa World Player of the Year awards beating Ronaldo by a record margin in 2009. For those of you who say he will not do well in the Premier League, twice he ran rings around the best team in the league, Manchester United, both in Rome and London. Finally, when Ronaldo and Messi are on the pitch together it is always Messi who outshines Ronaldo (excluding only the Copa Del Rey final and 2008 CL semi final) That is why I believe Messi is the best player in the world.

Don't believe he's won anything at the world cup.

Don't think he ran rings around us. Scored 2 goals but didn't do as much as he could of.

I still believe one of Xavi, Iniesta or David Villa are the worlds best because they're normally the best players (normally the only 'world class' players to turn up in international competitions) in all the competitions they play in.