Re: Wolves - EC 7777

City Start Their Resurrgence With Wolves Win.

New manager gets off to a flying start.

Manchester-City-logo.pnglogo_201007140255.jpg

Man City 3-2Wolves

Division 1

Etihad Stadium - Attendance: 33,318

Silva (1)

Reyes (4)

Silva (58)

Gago (62)

Dzeko (73)

Substitutions

Richards for Albiol (60)

Del Moral for Necid (60)

Toure for Navas (60)

_44329546_tevez2_getty220.jpg

Tevez had to be carried off in the 2nd half and it is unknown as to how long he will be out for.

Wolves fall victim to Man City's new era as new manager Mr. Active makes an impact. Wolves put up a strong fight as they tried to mantain their good form but Man City's millions stamped that out. With Silva and Dzeko on song and nobody catching the eye for Wolves led to only one result. A draw was looking like the final result until Edin Dzeko grabbed a 73rd minute winner.

Stats:

60% Posession 40%

14 Total Shots 15

9 Shots on target 11

6 Corners 6

2 (Westermann, Dzeko) Yellow Cards 0

Red Cards 0

Man of the Match: David Silva (Man City)

Next game: Swansea City at home in the 3rd round of the cup.

wp3f7981bb.png

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: Wolves - EC 7777 8 Goal Thriller Ends in Draw. Fulham come back from 4-1 down to level with Wolves. Fulham 4 Wolves 4 Division 1, Referee: Chris Foy Craven Cottage, Attendance: 22,542

Re: Wolves - EC 7777 Wolves Shock Leaders Everton. Grosvenors intense training works wonders. Everton 0 - 2 Wolves Division 1 - Turn 15 Goodison Park - Attendance: 40,524 Keirrison (43)

Re: Wolves - EC 7777 Wolves Finish On A High A great win against high flying Hammers sees Wolves finish 9th. Wolves 2 - 1 West Ham Division 1 - Turn 38 Molineux - Attendance: 28,50

Wolves Bow Out To Swans On Penalties.

Swansea pull off one of the shocks of the round as they put out Premier League Wolves.

wolves_logo.jpgimg-un-club-gallois-en-premier-league_x200_arton142877.png

Wolves 0

Swansea City 0

Swansea win 3-1 on Penalties

English Championship Cup Round 3

Stadium: Molineux - Attendance: 22,277

Substitutions

Vacca for Hegeler(60)

Next game: Arsenal at Home.

Understrength Wolves Outclassed By Gunners.

Grosvenor oddly plays his Cup team for difficult match.

wolves_logo.jpg41595_154882577863503_5272_n.jpg

Wolves 1

Arsenal 3

Division 1

Stadium: Molineux - Attendance: 28,525

Aketxe (8)

Sneijder (27)

Sneijder (39)

San Jose (Own Goal) (88)

Substitutions

Vacca for Hegeler (60)

Stats:

39% Posession 61%

5 Total Shots 17

5 Shots on target 11

8 Corners 7

1 (Landzaat) Yellow Cards 1 (Hummels)

0 Red Cards 0

Man of the Match: Sneijder (Arsenal)

Next game: Aston Villa away.

Football-Aston-Villa.gif

High Flying Villa Scrape Past Wolves.

Salihovic's early sending off put Wolves on back foot.

wolves_logo.jpg1285906006.jpg&width=196

Aston Villa 3

Wolves 2

Division 1

Stadium: Villa Park - Attendance: 42,640

Llorente (29)

Llorente (34)

Del Moral (42)

Martin (61)

Saviola (62)

Substitutions

Camacho for Bradley (45)

Albrighton for Soldado (45)

Casnos for Llorente (45)

Necid for Petric (60)

Mkhitaryan for Schurrle (60)

Stats:

49% Posession 51%

17 Total Shots 11

6 Shots on target 2

3 Corners 7

2 (Sissoko and Llorente) Yellow Cards 2 (Alderweireld and Schurrle)

0 Red Cards 1 (Salihovic, 16)

Man of the Match: Saviola (Aston Villa)

Next game: Wigan Athletic away.

21.gif

wolves_logo.jpg

Relegation Rivals Clash Tonight.

Wolves and Wigan are looking to escape the relegation zone with an important win.

4082303882-24102010154324.jpg

Salihovic misses tonights match due to suspension.

Wolves prepare for a very important game tonight as they face a possible relegation decider against Wigan, as both look to climb out of the danger zone. Wolves' poor form has led to the bookies slashing their odds for relegation and makes them slight favourites this evening due to the fact that they are at home. Manager Ryan Grosvenor has decided to risk a change in formation as he looks to change his sides fortunes.

Wolves team to face Wigan:

Weidenfeller

Alderweireld.........San Jose.......Schennikov

Landzaat.........Gago

Schurrle...............................................Reyes

Martin..........Mkhitaryan

Petric

Subs: McKeown, Biava, Beria, Corchia, Corro, Del Moral, Necid.

Seb Corchia is replaced by Jose Reyes as Grosvenor starts only 3 defenders and suspended Salihovic is replaced by attacking minded Mkhitaryan.

Sky Sports asked Wolves Manager Ryan Grosvenor about the importance of tonights match:

'It is huge for both sides. It could even be the decider at the end of the season but I won't get carried away with that. We have to think positively and this is just another game in the race for survival. The tactics reflect that we are going for an attacking force, rather than the defensive one we have previously tried. We have to win this game, not only as we are against one of our relegation rivals, but we need a win for our confidence and prove that we are a force in the premier league.'

Wolves have allowed fringe playes Jens Hegeler and Matias Silvestre to leave on loan to Huddersfield and Carlisle respectively. This coincides with Grosvenors desire to lower his wage bill now so he can do more deals towards the business end of the season.

A few minutes ago we can confirm that Chelsea have decided to reject Wolves' loan offer for striker Daniel Sturridge.

Scrappy Game Sends Wolves Bottom.

Wigan win as pressure on Grosvenor grows.

680.pngWigan-Athletic-logo-150x150.png

Wolves 0 - 1 Wigan

Division 1 - Turn 14

Molineux - Attendance: 20,368

Menez (41)

Substitutions

Beria for Schurrle (60)

Corchia for Martin (60)

2622382-pm1025514soccer_wolves_8_596_397.jpg?v=20100922T114226Z&h=4a6a833d1efb1ec00007f443044b6980

Fans let off a smoke bomb as Wolves lose again.

A 4th loss in a row for Wolves sends them bottom. Wigan were the victors today as they clinched an important 3 points to ease their relegation fears for now. The game was fairly even although Wolves had many chances to score but failed to on every occasion. Wigan managed to get the important goal just before half time thanks to a quality finish from Jeremy Menez. Wolves failed to comeback from this and the game fizzled out as the chances faded. Wolves' fans did not take the loss lightly as the majority chanted 'Get Grosvenor Out' towards the end of the match and a smoke bomb was let off as the final whistle blew. This is only his 14th game in charge and the bookies have put Grosvenor straight to the top of the 'Next manager to leave' odds with 1/5. Some bookmakers have got Grosvenor as 1/7 to leave before the end of the season.

Stats:

Posession

43% - 57%

Total Shots

19 - 8

Shots on target

9 - 6

Corners

7 - 6

Yellow Cards

1 -3

Red Cards

0 - 0

Man of the Match: Jeremy Menez (Wigan)

sky_sports.gif

Interview:

What did you make of your sides performance today?

Poor. Erm, we didn't convert our chances today and that was the difference between us and Wigan today. I tried to change things in the 2nd half but that made no difference and if I'm honest, we looked like a championship side out there.

Who you think was at fault in the loss?

Look, we can point the finger at whoever but it's still the same situation and we are all in this together. We all have to up our game before it's too late

The fans are getting very restless now and some are already calling for you to be sacked, how will you get the fans to change their minds?

I've seen this before numerous time like last year with Villa's Gerard Houllier as I was one of the fans calling for him to leave. So I don't blame the fans, they want what is best for the club and so do I. But I honestly think I can turn this around, I will work hard with my players and August 2nd is a big day for transfers and I already have my eye on a couple of players to strengthen my side.

Could you tell us who you're interested in?

No, sorry, that is private and you'll find out if or when they happen.

Okay, I understand your frustration today. Thank you for speaking to us and good luck for the Everton game.

Cheers.

Wolves are now 20th with 11 points from 14 games.

Next game: Everton away.

Everton_FC_badge_bigger.png

680.png

Wolves Attempt To Shock Leaders Everton

k.jpg

Kaka says he has never been happier at Everton

Everton are Wolves' opponents this evening, the Premier League leaders have emerged as shock title contenders since manager Sean O'Neill's appointment and with world class players like Ricardo Kaka on form and saying they are happy at the club, who says they can't win the league?

Opponent Fact File:

2584514-3646311.jpg?v=1294773265

Team - Everton

Manager - Sean O'Neill

Stadium - Goodison Park

League Position - 1st

Points - 31

Last 6 Games - WWWWWL

Highest Rated Player - Ricardo Kaka (94)

Top Scorer - Mirko Vucinic (11 Goals)

Highest Transfer Fee Paid - Rodrigo Alex (£12.5m)

Numbers

20 Goals Everton have scored in the last 5 games.

11 Players signed by Everton this season.

300/1 - Evertons title odds at the start of the season.

SkyBet Odds

Everton Win - 1/5

Draw - 12/5

Wolves Win - 11/2

Possible Line Ups

Mandanda

Weidenfeller

Toulalan

Alderweireld

Baines

Schennikov

Alex

San Jose

Mascherano

Landzaat

Moutinho

Gago

Leon

Schurrle

Kaka

Reyes

Vucinic

Petric

Milito

Martin

Pandev

Mkhitaryan

b96e1e_d25b9cb10c441ed440aaa301de04d3db.jpg_128

Interview:

So, not the greatest game to have at this part of the season. How will you approach tactically against Everton?

We will approach this game more conservatively than our previous matches. We will try to stabilize our game and we have worked on our passing strategy and holding the ball better. I think this will improve our game significantly and we will see the difference today.

Will you be changing your formation from the Wigan match?

Probably, but that's still in discussion at the moment. I'm thinking of different ways our performance will be more effective on the pitch. I'm not saying a word on our formation until the lads walk out on that pitch tonight.

Can you get a result at Goodison?

Of course, it'll be tough but we can win.

Transfer Mayhem Set For August

Many top players will be available on the 2nd of August.

Here we have a run down of the top players that will be available on the 2nd/3rd/4th/5th/6th of August and the top young players aswell.

Part 1

Goalkeepers

pepe-reina.jpg?w=277&h=182

Pepe Reina

Reina was involved in a sensational deal that brought Pedro to Liverpool, as he and Spearing went to Barcelona. It's clear that Reina would want a return to the Premier League as soon as possible and I'm sure many clubs will be fighting for his signature.Becomes available on the 2nd.

Other top goalkeepers include former Everton and Aston Villa 'Keepers Tim Howard and Brad Friedel, they both maybe veterans but their experience would do wonders at any English club. Both are bargains too. I can see some Premier league teams and Championship sides do battle for these two. Both become available on the 6th.

Young Goalkeepers

571e1564f025554e7f938b04d997d5a8.jpg

Asmir Begovic

The 24 year old has been floating around English clubs like a disease since he signed for Portsmouth in 2005 and after finally cementing a first team place at Stoke, they let him go unexpectedly. Barcelona haven't used him yet and this has come as a suprise to Asmir, so he will most likely beg for a move back to England and a good few teams in all divisons will be on alert when he becomes available.

Wayne Hennessey and Scott Carson are both out in Europe and are struggling to cope with their new team mates as the German and Spanish leagues are completely different to England. Who will save them from their European nightmares? I reckon some League 1 and 2 sides will be very pleased to see these on the market. Carson becomes available on the 2nd while Hennessey is available on the 3rd.

Goalkeepers that aren't transfer banned include Ruffier, Viviano and Mihaylov.

Defenders

4765667_f260.jpg

John Terry

He maybe controversial and getting on a bit but Terry is still a National Team regular and he has shown that there is still a few years left in him. He belongs in England and was suprised that Chelsea let him go to Bayern, I can see alot of interest from big teams and this could be the transfer saga of August. He becomes available on the 2nd.

If any team needs a left back, then they are in luck when August comes. As Ashley Cole and Patrice Evra will both be available soon, arguably the best 2 left backs in the world and, assuming they want to return to Blighty, they both will be subject to alot of interest with the likes of Leeds, Middlesbrough, Chelsea and Arsenal already announcing their interest. Evra becomes available on the 2nd and Cole on the 3rd.

Young Defenders

230433_223997594281118_195620227118855_1047834_370717_n.jpg

Thomas Vermaelen

The importance to inject youth into teams in the 21st century has soared. And especially if a young talent is already good enough for the first team, here we have Vermaelen, somehow was overlooked by Arsenal and was swapped with Inter's Lucio and Vermaelen had no choice but to go to the Italian Giants. He would be a great asset to any team and I expect many teams to put high bids in for him, however, I expect him to choose a top side since he will only get better and a team like Chelsea or Man United would suit him best. On the other hand, some managers have already pulled off great transfers and Thomas may end up at a lower club like Derby or Leeds. Vermaelen is available on the 2nd.

Another left back to choose from in Gael Clichy and if a club cannot reach the likes of Evra and Cole the Gael would be a great plan B. A steady candidate for left back and he is pretty young so could be the number 1 left back for years to come. Vedran Corluka from Barcelona is a tricky one, he isn't as reliable as some players but when he is on form, he is a great defender. Which team will take the risk and go for his signature? West Brom? Preston? I can see one of these sides risking him. Clichy is available on the 2nd while Corluka is availble on the 6th.

Top Defenders that aren't transfer banned at the moment include Carles Puyol, Maicon and Cheillini.

August Transfers Part 2

Many top Midfielders and Strikers will be available in August.

Here we have a run down of the top players that will be available on the 2nd/3rd/4th/5th/6th of August and the top young players aswell.

Midfielders

essien_michael_cfc_profile_2006.jpg

Michael Essien

Injury prone Michael Essien has been very unlucky in the past, even with a couple of long term injuries to deal with, Michael has eshtablished himself as one of the best and most respected central midfielders in the world. He would be a great addition to every top class team in the world and he gets along with every individual within the team, meaning he is a great motivator and will be a wanted man come August. His price could be a stumbling block and that will narrow down the contenders to just the top few. Great man and player, but he is still a risk price-wise and injury-wise. Available on the 5th.

2 England National team regulars here in Frank Lampard and Steven Gerrard, well known for the fact they can't play well together, so it's best off that a team doesn't buy both. These two are into their 30's now but still have that cutting edge that keeps them within the top players in the sport. Their valuations have gone down rapidly in recent years, meaning that alot of clubs can afford them, although their wages are still high. I can see them returning to the Premier League but don't rule out the likes of Middlesbrough, Leeds and Millwall. These two are both available on the 4th.

Young Midfielders

153119158.jpg

Samir Nasri

Nasri's been a wanted man for a while, so it is no suprise that he will be one of the most talked about players during this transfer period. He is coping well in Spain but the temptation of a return to England with Man Utd or Chelsea would be mouth watering for him. If they come in for the right offer then I can see him leaving. Samir will only improve as he is only 24 years old so 26m may not seem much in a few years time. He becomes available on the 2nd.

John Obi Mikel and Alex Song have been the quiet ones in the Premier League in recent years, so quiet in fact that not many people knew they left at the start of the season. They both did great jobs for their frer clubs but they aren't outstanding and maybe a spell at a lower Premier League club or even a Chamionship side could turn them into top players in the game. Huddersfield and Cardiff possible destinations? Song becomes available on the 3rd and Mikel on the 5th.

Top Midfielders that aren't transfer banned include Ribery, Cambiasso and De Rossi.

Forwards

ZjI5NjViZW.JPG?1302000599

Didier Drogba

Ivorian 33 year old Didier Drogba is a tricky one, he has the skill and the goals of a top class striker, but he lacks consistancy. This could scupper his chances of a return to England, but with the right manager, the glory days could return easily. At 23m he is pretty cheap for a top striker but that takes his age into account of course. He has 2,3 maybe 4 years left so he would be a gamble to take on. Could Middlesbrough or Birmingham City be his future? Drogba will become available on the 4th.

Drogba's former Chelsea team mate Fernando Torres will also be available in August as he looks to leave Drogba and Real Madrid behind him for a life back in England. If he hits his form then he will be top scorer in the Prem by a mile, but on the other hand, he could just flop like he did at Chelsea and that would be 23m wasted. Anything could happen to him but the bookies say that Manchester will be his most likely destination. Robin Van Persie is another man most likely to return to Blighty, he has been in great form and he would provide many options up front, almost guarenteed to make an impact at any club, this surely makes him a wanted man in August. Both are available on the 2nd.

Young Forwards

untitled.bmp

Luis Suarez

Bookies have Suarez as odds on to return to the Premier League in August,, that clearly is not suprising. At 15m, the 24 year old is pretty cheap compared to strikers such as Drogba and Torres. Not upto their standards at this moment but give this Uruguayan some time and he will deliver. His youth makes him a very rare footballer and I'm sure all the top clubs and more will be after his signature. He could make the impact that many clubs need, whether it is to survive relegation or win the title. He is available on the 2nd.

Soloman Kalou and Nicklas Bendtner have not yet set the world alight and many will say they aren't good enough for the Premier League. But both are cheap and could a mid table side take them on? It is very possible as they may need that break of contant first team football and maybe, just maybe they could make it to the top. West Brom, Ipswich and many others have expressed their interest in these two. Both are available on the 2nd of August.

Top Strikers that aren't transfer banned at the moment include Samuel Eto'o, Fabiano and Ronaldinho.

Wolves Shock Leaders Everton.

Grosvenors intense training works wonders.

45.5986.8.429.250.jpg680.png

Everton 0 - 2 Wolves

Division 1 - Turn 15

Goodison Park - Attendance: 40,524

Keirrison (43)

Necid (79)

Substitutions

Corchia for Alderweireld (60)

Landzaat for Martin (60)

article-0-06835167000005DC-93_468x314.jpg

Wolves fans finally have something to celebrate.

Wolves end their poor spell with an emphatic win against top of the table Everton. Wolves manager Ryan Grosvenor has said that he has worked very hard with his players to end their losing run. And they did that in style, the tactics were spot on for a change as Wolves changed to a 4-3-1-2 formation. They may have started 3 strikers but it was Wolves' defence which did the talking as they managed to fend off a great attacking charge from the Toffees. The big difference was the absence of their best player, Ricardo Kaka. Maybe he could have broke the Wolves defence and the tables would have turned. Taking no credit away from Wolves though, they deserved 3 points today and that has pulled them off the bottom while Everton were knocked off the top.

Stats:

Posession

53% - 47%

Total Shots

19 - 6

Shots on target

10 - 5

Corners

8 - 6

Yellow Cards

3 -1

Red Cards

0 - 0

Man of the Match: Giuseppe Biava (Wolves)

sky_sports.gif

Interview:

Congratulations on the win today, how does it feel to beat the leaders!?

Great, we proved our doubters wrong and we aren't last anymore!.

What was the main difference between the Wigan game and the Everton game?

I think we had a more conservative and tactical approach to the game today. We had worked on our weaknesses throught the week and it has paid off today, both defensively and attacking.

Do you feel you have the fans on side now?

It takes more than 1 game to change their minds about me, but it's a start, a great start and hopefully we can push on and win some more games.

Do you think your new formation will work against Man United?

We've beat Everton, so I think we can overhaul Ricks United. It's unlikely but the effort we put in this week has proved that we ca beat anyone.

Wolves are now 18th with 14 points from 15 games.

Next game: Manchester United away.

79x66_ManUnt.gif

680.png

Wolves Face Another Tough Test

wayne-rooney5.jpg

Title chasing Man Utd visit Molineux and top scorer Rooney wants to add to his tally

Manchester United are Wolves' challengers this evening, and the title favourites are targeting a big win away as Wolves are relegation threatened. This game looks very one sided but Wolves have proved they can overhaul the giants of the league and who says they can't do it again?

Opponent Fact File:

manu_cat_icon-95x95.gif

Team - Manchester United

Manager - Rick James

Stadium - Old Trafford

League Position - 4th

Points - 28

Last 6 Games - LWWWLW

Highest Rated Player - Nemanja Vidic (96)

Top Scorer - Wayne Rooney (10 Goals)

Highest Transfer Fee Paid - Kwadwo Asamoah (£10m)

Numbers

57 Million Pounds have been spent by United this season.

1 - United have only 1 right back in the team.

4/1 - Odds for Rooney to be the top Premier League scorer for the season.

SkyBet Odds

Wolves Win - 10/1

Draw - 11/2

Man Utd Win - 1/4

Possible Line Ups

Weidenfeller

Akinfeev

Beria

Pique

Schennikov

Mbia

Alderweireld

Vidic

Biava

Schweinsteiger

Martin

Hamsik

Gago

Di Maria

Necid

Sahin

Keirrison

Hernandez

Petric

Rooney

Schurrle

Mata

Interview:

Things aren't getting easier for you are they, Manchester United next, thoughts?

I know, but we have to face them sometime. And I'm happy that we play them now than a few games ago, I think we would have been thrashed but after the Everton win I think we are quietly confident. Bring them on!

So do you plan to stick with the same formation since it worked well against Everton?

Of course, if it's not broke, don't fix it I think the saying goes. So I'll stick with the same 11 and tactics as last time, hopefully it'll happen again.

Your defence wokred suprisingly well last time, so do you think you can stop the likes of Rooney and Chicarito?

I'd like to think so, yeah. If we do let a goal in then we need to not let it get into our heads and concede more. This is Man U so it will be mighty tough, but I will want the win and if we lose, it must not be more than 1 goal in it.

Reds Edge Wolves.

Wolves come close as Grosvenor shows promise.

680.pngmanchesterunited-150x150.jpg

Wolves 1 - 2 Man Utd

Division 1 - Turn 16

Molineux - Attendance: 20,397

Rooney (13)

Rooney (25)

Schurrle (85)

Substitutions

Landzaat for Martin (60)

Asamoah for Sahin (60)

article-0-08EF7BBA000005DC-777_468x286.jpg

Rooney celebrates his 2nd goal of the match.

Title favourites Manchester United had a tricky game with the ever improving Wolves and with Wolves on a high from beating leaders Everton last time out, who knows what could happen in this tie. Wolves feared the worst when Wayne Roony got his 11th and 12th of the season after only 25 minutes and the game looked very good for the Reds as the chances kept on coming and Wolves' defence had to be on guard every second as Wolves rarely created a chance in the first half. But Wolves somehow managed to hold United up until half time, to the relief of Wolves Boss Ryan Grosvenor. And Mr. Grosvenors half time talk was well recieved and was desperately needed and this spurred Wolves on as they came out of the dressing all fired up. They managed to finally create some chance and Man U struggled to cope with the onslaught as the tide turned. The Reds finally cracked from the Wolves pressure with 5 minutes as Schurrle slotted in. Man Utd looked worried but Wolves couldn't find the equaliser as the game finished 1-2 to United.

Stats:

Posession

31% - 69%

Total Shots

18 - 15

Shots on target

6 - 8

Corners

4 - 8

Yellow Cards

2 -0

Red Cards

0 - 0

Man of the Match: Wayne Rooney (Man United)

sky_sports.gif

Interview:

It was always going to be a struggle but you came close to drawing with Man U, you pleased ith your teams performance?

I'm happy with our 2nd half performance as we realised we could get a draw out of this but we were unlucky to not score again. The first half was diabolical, I thought we had changed but clearly the boys forgot about it and that was my fault for not getting it into their heads more. Overall, we lost, but if we played the 2nd half twice then we would have won against anyone.

Your substitutions haven't been as effective as other teams, when the 2nd August comes, will o be looking for that impact sub?

I think I need to change things more as the subs don't make any difference and we may aswell have played the same 11 throughout the game. The choice would be either to seek new formations and different positions for subs or, as you say, someone new, someone with the flare and the impact we need.

Have you thought about this yet and what positions will you look to strengthen?

To be honest I haven't given it much thought yet, but I will. As for positions, a striker maybe? erm, a more effective centre mid possibly.

Thoughts on Liverpool?

Another toughy, but we can do it, a performance like the 2nd part of today then of course we can win.

Wolves are now 20th with 14 points from 16 games.

Next game: Liverpool away.

680.png

Merseyside Double A Possibility for Wolves

Wolves look to grab another shock against 7th place Liverpool.

03052009108-300x225.jpg

Wolves fans are starting to get on Grosvenors side

Yet another tough match for Ryans Wolves, this time it's Liverpool. With Liverpool's season still uncertain and they could still be in the title race or stuck in the midfield, this could be a great chance for Wolves to do the Merseyside double. Wolves are away but with their decent form, they could pull off another shock today.

Opponent Fact File:

liverpool.png

Team - Liverpool

Manager - Cameron Brown

Stadium - Anfield

League Position - 7th

Points - 25

Last 6 Games - WWWWLL

Highest Rated Player - Hernandez Xavi (97)

Top Scorer - Andy Carroll (4 Goals)

Highest Transfer Fee Paid - Adil Rami(£13.5m)

Numbers

29 Goals Liverpool have scored in the Shield this season.

19 Players signed by Liverpool this season.

100/1 - Liverpools title odds.

SkyBet Odds

Liverpool Win - 1/3

Draw - 11/5

Wolves Win - 8/1

Possible Line Ups

Neuer

Weidenfeller

Rami

Alderweireld

Badstuber

Schennikov

Mertesacker

San Jose

Xavi

Landzaat

M'Vila

Gago

Pedro

Schurrle

Lucas

Reyes

Sow

Petric

Gomez

Martin

Remy

Mkhitaryan

Interview:

A 3rd top club in a row, you beat Everton, lost narrowly to United, can you get a win against Liverpool?

Of course, we have played very well against Everton and United so I think we can earn another 3 points! .

The relegation fight is really hotting up, with many teams still in the frame, what makes you think Wolves can escape the drop?

I think we have finally found the right formation, we are finally gelling as a team and with these strong performances against top clubs, I'm sure we can survive.

In August, the second wave of transfers begins, will you be diving into the transfer market? And if so, who are your targets?

I'll have to. With all the teams around us probably making transfers, we have to keep up and develop the squad. As for our targets, we are still looking around and will not be announcing any targets until we have bids accepted.

Wolves Off Bottom With Liverpool Win.

Wolves pull off another shock as survival looks more likely.

802112logo_liverpool.png680.png

Liverpool 1

Wolves 2

Division 1 - Turn 17

Anfield - Attendance: 44,964

Petric (18)

Matuidi(64)

Petric (78)

® Gago (56)

Substitutions

Mkhitaryan for Martin (60)

Del Moral for Keirrison (60)

Liverpool-v-Wolves-celeb_2545607.jpg

Wolves celebrate Petrics 2nd goal.

The Merseyside double is complete as Wolves go marching on. With a brace from Mladen Petric, Wolves climb off the bottom and close the gap to the teams ahead. Liverpool started the game well as Wolves looked tentative, but Wolves' defence saved them from many chances in the opening minutes. The breakthough came against the run of play after 18 minutes as Petric put Wolves in front. Wolves came back into the game with a few chances but didn't hit the target as the teams went in 1-0 at half time. The second half saw pretty much the same thing but with a more feisty Liverpool. And eventually they got the expected equaliser in the 64th minute and many expected them to get another. Surprisingly it was Grosvenors Wolves hit the winner with 12 minutes left.

Stats:

Posession

56% - 44%

Total Shots

18 - 11

Shots on target

10 - 5

Corners

3 - 7

Yellow Cards

0 -2

Red Cards

0 - 1 (Gago)

Man of the Match: Mladen Petric (Wolves)

sky_sports.gif

Interview:

Well done on the win today, how does it feel to beat a giant like Liverpool?

It feels special, they are such a great club and not many teams can win at Anfield so it feels even more pleasing to beat them. Also, we are off the bottom!

Now that you are off the bottom again, do you think you can push up the league now?

If there wasn't a 'transfer window' now then yes, our form would have seen us through and I feel we could have survived. But with everyone making top transfers, including the teams around us, I think it will definately be tricky to get out of relegation.

As you say, many teams are very active in the market, how come Wolves aren't involved yet?

Because our signings were later than most, this means we have to wait a little longer to make signings and by the time we will be able to make transfers, most players will be gone. So I've have to hope there is a gem or 2 in the market.

Wolves are now 19th with 17 points from 17 games.

Next game: Stoke City at home.

Stoke Ease Past Wolves

Wolves stutter as Stoke pull away from Relegation

680.pngstoke1-150x150.jpg

Wolves 1 - 3 Stoke

Division 1 - Turn 18

Molineux - Attendance: 20,682

Perisic (5)

Forlan (29)

Martin (56)

Isla (79)

Necid (67)

Substitutions

Mkhitaryan for Martin (60)

Del Moral for Keirrison (60)

Tomas-Necid_887776a.jpg

Necids sending off halted any comeback from Wolves

Stoke managed to produce a fine display of skill to overhaul lowly Wolves. This has allowed Stoke to ease away from the relegation zone whilst Wolves sink deeper into it. The game looked over at half time as Wolves couldn't get into the match at all, allowing Stoke to score twice as they looked stronger and stronger. More goals looked iminent when the half time whistle blew. But Wolves came flying out of the blocks with many chances and a renewed spirit and showed the form they had produced in recent games. All this pressure came off as Martin scored in the 56th minute and Wolves looked like the next team to score. But the game took a turn for the worse when Tomas Necid got sent off stupidly, thus stopping Wolves' attack and they slumped and let Stoke take over. The game ended in a 3-1 win or Stoke and leaves Wolves staring down the barrel of relegation.

Stats:

Posession

36% - 64%

Total Shots

19 - 23

Shots on target

13 - 9

Corners

4 - 6

Yellow Cards

1 -0

Red Cards

1 - 0

Man of the Match: Diego Forlan (Stoke)

sky_sports.gif

Interview:

Not a great day for your team, how do you feel?

Disappointed, gutted. Nothing else to say really.

Okay, moving on from today, will you be making any transfers soon?

Hopefully, we've lost out on many players but I keep my fingers crossed that someone will want to come here.

Thoughts on West Ham?

Title contenders, I have to have a positive attitude so yeah, we can win.

Wolves are now 19th with 17 points from 18 games.

Next game: West Ham away.

Wolves Bottom At Half Way Point.

West Ham ease to victory as Wolves go through transitional period.

west-ham-united-badge-150x150.png680.png

West Ham 3

Wolves 1

Division 1 - Turn 18

Upton Park - Attendance: 35,601

Landzaat (2)

Olic (41)

Olic (69)

Van Persie (79)

Substitutions

Young for Barnetta (60)

Del Moral for Petric (60)

article-1343251-0C9EED2A000005DC-56_634x412.jpg

Opposites. Hammers look at the title as Relegation stares Wolves in the face.

Relegation favourites Wolves continue their freefall as West Ham comfortably beat them 3-1. Wolves show again that they cannot be thrashed but another loss for them makes Ryan Grosvenors job look even more uncertain than before. Wolves made a terrific start to the game as they try to defy the doubters, with Landzaat scoring the early goal. Wolves and West Ham looked evenly matched as half time loomed. But Wolves' stride was knocked as Olic provided the Hammers with an important goal on the stroke of half time. From then on West Ham looked dominant, outpowering Wolves in every way and they managed the breakthrough after 69 minutes. Wolves did not come back from this and they allowed the Hammers to grab a 3rd with 11 mintues to go. Wolves' defence managed to save them from an embarressing scoreline but it looks like Ryan will have to dig deep in the transfer market to boost his strikeforce.

Stats:

Posession

51% - 49%

Total Shots

26 - 22

Shots on target

15 - 9

Corners

4 - 5

Yellow Cards

0 -1

Red Cards

1 - 1 (Gago)

Man of the Match: Robin Van Persie (West Ham)

sky_sports.gif

Interview:

Sorry about the game today, what went wrong?

We were against a great team. We matched them in the first half but their class showed in the 2nd. If we against any lower team then I think we could have won.

Only 1 team has ever survived relegation after being bottom at half way, can Wolves stay as a Premier League team next season?

The statistics don't mean anything, we are 4 points behind with 19 games left. It can be done. I have some transfer targets and that will help us dramatically.

We've heard many rumours regarding players you are in talks with, can you confirm any on the list?

Go on, read them.

Didier Drogba?

*Smirks* Maybe.

Ashley Cole?

Doubtful

Rolfes? Zapata? Heitinga? Nasri?

1 or 2 of those possibly.

Wolves are now Bottom after 19 games.

Next game: Chelsea at home.

wolves_logo.jpg

New Faces At Wolves!

Signings show Grosvenor's intent on surviving the drop.

Bottom placed Wolves have finally dipped into the transfer market this week and manager Ryan Grosvenor is very pleased to see top names coming to Molineux.

46671_1309019754.jpg4544_1294494466.jpg7337_1292069474.jpg

Didier-Drogba-004.jpg

6841_1312214127.jpg3076_1277763665.jpg10538_1294509036.jpg

Wolves' Transfers in full:

Jack Stephens - 950k

Simon Rolfes - 108k + Salihovic + Palumbo

Mattias Cassani - Reyes + Vogt

Didier Drogba- Schurrle + Mkhitaryan

Konstantin Zyryanov - Landzaat + Keirrison

John Heitinga - Petric + Kandziora

Cristian Zapata - Seb Corchia

Wolves fans will be delighted with top names such as Didier Drogba at Molineux and survival is a real possibility, even with bookmakers and experts saying Wolves are the 'only certain club to go down' at halfway through the season.

This is Wolves manager Ryan Grosvenor's reaction to his new signings.

Drogba:

I still cannot believe we have signed a star like Didier, he has won many trophies in his long career and this is a brand new chapter. I am surprised h has chosen us, he could have to any club in the Premier League and have been successful, this shows his commitment and I can't wait to start working with him.

Zyryanov, Rolfes and Cassani:

These 3 are extremely experience in the game and this will work wonders as they can bring the stability and class to the midfield that Wolves has never seen before. With them, Gago, Martin and Schennikov in a 5 man midfield, we will be very tough to beat! Also, one of the reasons I chose Zyryanov is that I have to have 1 player with my name in it. Since we lost Mkhitaryan, Zyryanov was a must buy for us ;)

Heitinga and Zapata:

2 great defenders, it is a mouth watering prospect to see them with Alderweireld at the back. They are still pretty young in footballing terms but both have vast experience and that will prove the difference at the back that we have been lacking.

Stephens:

A great prospect, once I saw that he was for sale, I had to grab this rare opportunity. He may not be a starter for us yet, but he is one for the future. He will probably be sent out on loan to get some valuable experience.

May I just say that we have lost some great players that sadly did not fit into our plans here at Wolves and I wish them the best in the future. Especially Seb Corchia, Schurrle and Mkhitaryan, one day, one day I hope they might return to us.

So Wolves' first XI is as follows:

...Weidenfeller

Alderweireld.......Heitinga..........Zapata

Cassani...................Rolfes............Schennikov

Zyryanov...........Gago

...Martin

...Drogba

Wolves now go into the Chelsea game full of confidence and Ryan Grosvenor has said that a win is possible!

New Look Wolves Stun Chelsea

Grosvenor's signings prove vital

680.png602C97D86D174204840DD6A8C997F2E0.jpg

Wolves 2 - 0 Chelsea

Division 1 - Turn 20

Molineux - Attendance: 18,884

Gago (9)

Martin (15)

Substitutions

San Jose for Gago (60)

gago.jpg

Fernando Gago celebrates Wolves victory

Wolves kick off their 2nd half comeback with a fantastic victory against Chelsea. Wolves started 6 of their 7 new signings and they seem to have already gelled in their first game together. It was 2 of Wolves' original line up that shone today as Gago and Martin both scored to give Wolves the win, the new signings could allow these types of players to find their form. Wolves' started the game more dominant than before as they wouldn't let Chelsea play at all and the pressure they provided paid off handsomely as Gago struck a 25 yard curler after only 9 minutes. Martin also got in the act as he grabbed a 2nd just 6 minutes later. The rest of the half was dominated by Wolves but Chelsea held on. The second half was quieter as both teams were fairly even, a few chances here and there but the game saw no more goals as Wolves kept their 2 goal advantage right til the end.

Stats:

Posession

63% - 37%

Total Shots

16 - 14

Shots on target

8 - 8

Corners

8 - 5

Yellow Cards

1 -0

Red Cards

0 - 0

Man of the Match: Gago (Wolves)

sky_sports.gif

Interview:

Perfect start to the second half of the season, your thoughts?

Yeah it's fantastic, I'm so pleased how everyone worked together and we had a great first half for a change! I honestly believe our squad is now good enough to stay in this league.

Tottenham next, can you pull off another shock?

Of course, this is only the first game with our new players but the positive signs are there and we can get a result next week.

You have done some great deals so far, anymore to come?

Don't rule it out but I am happy with my team at the moment.

Wolves are now 19th with 20 points from 20 games.

Next game: Tottenham Hotspur away.

680.png

Mid-Table Spurs Await For Confident Wolves

Grosvenor hopes to build on Chelsea win

Didier-Drogba-of-Ivory-Co-006.jpg

New signings have settled quickly to the delight of fans

Wolves go into tomorrows match against Tottenham full of confidence from their shock win against Chelsea. Reinvigorated from their new signings and the new formation Grosvenor has implemented, Wolves fans can look forward to better performances and results in the near future. Tottenham are Wolves' challengers and the 9th placed side are no pushovers. Pushing for Europe and still looking over their shoulders, there is plenty up for grabs for the London club.

Opponent Fact File:

9d3003002c317da984f6a3bca1996e7d.wix_mp_128

Team - Tottenham Hotspur

Manager - Jack Simpson

Stadium - White Hart Lane

League Position - 9th

Points - 28

Last 6 Games - DWLLWW

Highest Rated Player - Dani Alves (95)

Top Scorer - Alexandre Pato (6 Goals)

Highest Transfer Fee Paid - Rodriguez Pedro (8m + Falcao + Van Der Vaart)

Numbers

31 Player Spurs have signed this season.

7 Clean Sheets in the Premier League this season.

50/1 - Tottenhams relegation odds.

SkyBet Odds

Tottenham Win - 2/5

Draw - 11/6

Wolves Win - 6/1

Possible Line Ups

Alves

Weidenfeller

Alves

Alderweireld

Coentrao

Zapata

Pepe

Heitinga

Musacchio

Cassani

Willian

Schennikov

Pedro

Zyryanov

Modric

Rolfes

Pato

Drogba

Banega

Martin

Di Maria

Gago

Interview:

Where do you think Tottenham's weaknesses lie?

We will be targetting their left of defence as I think we can exploit that and the goals will most likely come from there for us. Don't get me wrong, their team is full of class players and it will be hard for us to get a result but every team has a weakness and it is our job to take advantage of that.

Having impressed in training, do you think Didier Drogba can get his first goals tomorrow?

Of course, he is one of the best players in the world and he is very settled here. He has very influential on his debut and he helped us to the win. I'm sure he will get off the mark tonight or at least be heavily involved with the result.

You've allowed some of your bench warmers to leave on loan including Pereira and Sanchez, surely you running short on players?

Some people have questioned my actions but this is saving the club alot of money, and this will help in terms of transfers in the future. These players will also gain more experience at first team level and I've spoke to each manager and we have agreed specific terms for the players. If we have any injury worries, then some players will be recalled to us.

Wolves Earn Away Draw Against Spurs.

Grosvenor is unbeaten during 2nd half of season.

tottenham-150x150.jpg680.png

Tottenham 1

Wolves 1

Division 1 - Turn 21

White Hart Lane - Attendance: 36,262

Drogba (62)

Ziegler (64)

Substitutions

San Jose for Gago (60)

c3b223a1806b07d47f0d845d4f61d74e.jpg

Drogba celebrates his first goal for Wolves.

Wolves produce another fine display to hold Spurs at White Hart Lane. Didier Drogba scored his first goal for Wolves and broke the deadlock at 62 minutes, but Wolves relaxed too quickly and Spurs bounced back with a Ziegler goal 2 minutes later. The game remained stalemate and the 2 teams earn a point each with Wolves being the happier of the two.

Stats:

Posession

52% - 48%

Total Shots

13 - 6

Shots on target

8 - 1

Corners

5 - 8

Yellow Cards

0 -0

Red Cards

1 (Pepe 82) - 0

Man of the Match: Didier Drogba (Wolves)

sky_sports.gif

Interview:

Congratulations with holding Spurs away, thoughts?

It was fantastic, our defence proved key again but with Didier, we have more attacking opportunities up front. A point away at Spurs is amazing, bring on the Blues!

Wolves are now Bottom after 19 games.

Next game: Birmingham City away.

Wolves Conquer Blues in Midlands Derby.

Wolves move up to 15th and are unbeaten in 3 games.

100px-Birmingham_City_FC_logo.png680.png

Birmingham City 1

Wolves 3

Division 1 - Turn 23

St. Andrews - Attendance: 29,974

Lavezzi (13)

Tosic (66)

Cassani (23)

Drogba (75)

Martin (88)

Substitutions

San Jose for Gago (60)

Martin for Goulart (60)

1761266-7036-atm14.jpg

Youth star Goulart was suprisingly called up to the starting line-up.

Wolves remain unbeaten in the 2nd half of the season as they pass another stern test, this time it was Birmingham City. The new signings made the difference again today as Cassani and Drogba scored for the away side, along with Marvin Martin. Wolves went 1-0 down after a great strike from Lavezzi but Wolves levelled it before half time. Wolves pulled off the historic Midland comeback with 2 goals in the last 15 minutes. Youngster Ricardo Goulart made his Premier League debut with a great display and came off after 60minutes with a standing ovation from both sides' fans.

Stats:

Posession

34% - 66%

Total Shots

11 - 13

Shots on target

5 - 9

Corners

7 - 3

Yellow Cards

2 -1

Red Cards

1 (Tosic 66) - 0

Interview:

A fantastic Derby win today and you are now 15th in the table, you must feel ecstatic!?

I know! We have finally clicked as a team and we look like a mid table plus team at the moment. It's a great feeling to win again and the fans are really behind us now!

Can you extend your unbeaten run with a result against the Leaders, West Brom?

We are in great shape but West Brom are the leaders so I would be happy with a draw since we are at home.

Wolves are now 15th after 22 games.

Next game: West Brom at Home.

West Brom End Wolves' Run

'Black Country derby defeat mustn't affect team' says Grosvenor

680.pngwest_bromwich_0.png?1245227052

Wolves 0 - 1 West Brom

Division 1 - Turn 24

Molineux - Attendance: 28,508

Lopez (Pen) (48)

Substitutions

San Jose for Gago (60)

Martin for Goulart (60)

Diego-Lopez-celebrates_540.jpg

Lopez's penalty the difference between the sides

West Brom edge Wolves in the Black Country Derby to stay at the top of the Premier League. Wolves' run has finally ended but that comes as no suprise considering the difference between the sides in the table. In the match, Wolves provided the entertainment by overhauling the Baggies in the shots on goal department, but West Brom did have the most possession and their defence showed a brave display to deny Wolves a point or 3. Wolves could have won this 4 or 5 nil but the Baggies defence held out and managed to earn a controversial penalty just after half time. Goalkeeper Lopez slotted in the gift and took the Baggies in front. Wolves refused to let that stop them and still the shots came flooding in, but sadly for Wolves not one chance was transformed into goals and left the club gutted to lose so unluckily. Wolves must not let this get them down as their performance showed that they are on the up.

Stats:

Posession

42% - 58%

Total Shots

16 - 6

Shots on target

13 - 5

Corners

4 - 6

Yellow Cards

3 -1

Red Cards

0 - 0

Man of the Match: Pereira (West Brom)

Interview:

You were very unlucky today with West Brom being the weaker team, thoughts?

We can't let this get us down. I've said to the lads that if we had one ounce of luck then we would have won. But on the other hand I am slightly worried that we had numerous chances to score and we didn't score once. We just have to carry on and look forward to the Blackpool game.

What did you think of the penalty?

I was shocked, the ref had a clear view and yet he chose the wrong decision, but that's football and we can't do anything about it now.

Next game: Blackpool at home.

Another Narrow Loss For Wolves.

Wolves drop back into Relegation zone.

blackpool.png680.png

Blackpool 1

Wolves 0

Division 1 - Turn 23

Bloomfield Road - Attendance: 16,199

Honda (31)

Lazovic (43)

Substitutions

San Jose for Gago (60)

Martin for Goulart (60)

DJ-Campbell-sees-red-Wolves-v-Blackpool_2567794.jpg

Lazovic was sent off thanks to pressure from Wolves players.

Another defeat for Grosvenors' Wolves, this time it was Blackpool to do the damage. Wolves put another great performance in but were very unlucky again not to come away with a point. They had 3 times as many shots as Blackpool and still came away with nothing. Both teams started brightly with chances coming at both ends but it was Honda to brake the deadlock with a great curler after half an hour of play. Things got worse for Blackpool as Lazovic was sent off for a horror tackle but they didnt't let that faze them as they held on to a great win against a strong Wolves side. Wolves now drop into the relegation zone which was not expected just a couple of games ago and Grosvenor may now be thinking of bringing in another player or 2 to avoid the drop.

Stats:

Possession

51% - 49%

Total Shots

5 - 15

Shots On Target

2 - 13

Corners

7 - 5

Yellow Cards

1 - 1

Red Cards

1 - 0

Man of the Match: Honda (Blackpool)

Interview:

Another defeat, you have got to be a bit worried now?

No I'm not, I have full confidence that we will escape and our performances have shown that. West Brom and Blackpool are flying high in the league so we were expected to get nothing. We now have 5 lower clubs next so I am targetting 15 points from 15, this is vital to our season.

Rumours have it that you may be dipping into the transfer market again?

I don't know where you got that from, we have not said anything regarding transfers in or out. I doubt that we will before the end of the season only a youth or 2 but that's it. If things deteriorate then we may have to think about transfers.

Wolves are now 18th with 24 points after 24 games.

Next game: Blackburn Rovers at Home.

Wolves Earn Important Win

Wolves still on the cusp of relegation

680.png150px-BlackburnRoversBa

...................... Wolves 3 - 2 Blackburn

Division 1 - Turn 25

Molineux - Attendance: 21,203

Drogba 19

Gago 43

Cassani 88

Gameiro 22

Gameiro 85

Substitutions

San Jose for Gago (60)

Citta+di+Palermo+v+SS+Lazio+Serie+hdXfTObA-_Cm.jpg

Cassani's late strike proved costly for Blackburn

Stats:

Posession

62% - 38%

Total Shots

23 - 16

Shots on target

12 - 5

Corners

4 - 5

Yellow Cards

3 -0

Red Cards

0 - 0

Interview:

A fantastic win today, are you optimistic about relegation?

It's tough, even with that win we are still just above the danger zone. I thought we were making our way towards mid table, but now it's all changed, we are back in the fight and we have to get results fast. I dread to think if we lose another 2 or 3 games.

Next game: Bolton Wanderers away.

Wolves Slump To Bolton Defeat.

Bolton draw level with Wolves as they hover on both sides of the drop zone.

bolton-150x150.jpg680.png

Bolton 2 -1 Wolves

Division 1 - Turn 26

Reebok Stadium - Attendance: 20,513

Martin (75)

Gyan (82)

Balzaretti (85)

Substitutions

San Jose for Gago (60)

the-reebok-stadium199l.jpg

The game was watched by a mere 20 thousand fans .

Stats:

Posession

53% - 47%

Total Shots

6 - 8

Shots on target

6 - 5

Corners

6 - 5

Yellow Cards

2 -2

Red Cards

0 - 0

Man of the Match: Jefferson Farfan (Bolton)

Interview:

You said you cannot afford more losses, your thoughts on the situation?

This was a game we had to win, a 6 pointer aswell. And we lost, letting Bolton draw level with us. This doesn't look good but we have to stay positive and I'm targeting 7 points in the next 3 games.

Next game: Fulham at Home.