Wolves - EC 7777

Re: Wolves - EC 7777

Wolves Thrash 6th Place Fulham

Zyryanov hattrick gives Grosvenor's largest win with Wolves.

680.pngfulham-escudo.jpg

...................... Wolves 4 - 0 Fulham

Division 1 - Turn 27

Molineux - Attendance: 22,524

Zyryanov 23

Martin 56

Zyryanov 81

Zyryanov 84

Substitutions

San Jose for Heitinga (60)

Biava for Cassani (60)

Necid for Drogba (75)

MR-gre-rus.gif

Zyryanov celebrates his first goals for Wolves

Stats:

Posession

57% - 43%

Total Shots

15 - 23

Shots on target

8 - 8

Corners

6 - 6

Yellow Cards

1 -2

Red Cards

0 - 0

Man of the Match: Zyryanov (Wolves)

b96e1e_d25b9cb10c441ed440aaa301de04d3db.jpg_128

Interview:

An emphatic win today, you said you needed wins to secure safety. Thoughts?

Very pleased, couldn't have wanted more from the lads. We just need to carry this form onto the remaining games and then we can think about survival.

Next game: Newcastle United away.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

680.png

Wolves Seek Mid-Table Finish

Grosvenor wants to open the gap to relegation

F46F498E18CAE6824DDAAFFCAEE7E.jpg

Wolves came out on top in the tight encounter earlier in the season

Wolves are starting to look like serious survival candidates as they trounced Fulham 4-0 last time out. They will look to emulate that scoreline as they face a struggling Newcastle today. Newcastle are 3 points from safety while Wolves are only 2 points above the drop zone, a win will be vital for both sides. With the league being so tight at the bottom, Wolves could see themselves in 12th or 18th place come this evening. This game could go either way but Newcastle are slight favourites for the win.

Opponent Fact File:

_bigger.png

Team - Newcastle United

Manager - Dan Long

Stadium - St. James' Park

League Position - 19th

Points - 26

Last 6 Games - LLWDLD

Highest Rated Player - Alexis Sanchez (91)

Top Scorer - Sanchez & Hulk (7 Goals)

Highest Transfer Fee Paid - Givanildo Hulk (£8.0M + Cheik Tiote & Kazenga Lualua)

Numbers

24 - Average age of Newcastle's squad.

34 Goals scored in the Premier League this season.

7/4 - Newcastles relegation odds.

SkyBet Odds

Newcastle Win - 6/4

Draw - 11/8

Wolves Win - 2/1

Possible Line Ups

De Gea

Weidenfeller

Rafinha

Alderweireld

Vertonghen

Zapata

Lovren

Heitinga

Skrtel

Cassani

Ambrosini

Schennikov

Kroos

Zyryanov

Bender

Rolfes

Cavani

Drogba

Hulk

Martin

Sanchez

Gago

Interview:

Form says that your side have a great chance of 3 points today, what are your thoughts on the match?

Yes we have been doing well in the 2nd half of the season. But we can't let that get to us and make us think we are already safe, becasue we are not. We have to beat teams like this to survive and I will want 3 points from St. James' today.

Sky Sources tell us that you made bids for 2 Central Midfielders, can you make any comment on that?

News travels fast doesn't it! Yeah we've made some inquiries and we have a couple of targets to strengthen our midfield but I'm not saying who yet. There are 3 other clubs we are fighting against for someone but hopefully we can lure him to the Midlands.

After these decent results do you think your job is safe now?

Nobodies job is safe. If we survive then I'd like to think the Chairman would keep me on but if we go down then it's another story. I'd like to stay for the long term because I have made a real connection with Wolves and I have put my stamp on the team aswell.

• 2 weeks later...

Late Gago Goal Earns Wolves Win.

2 wins in a row for Wolves as they leave Newcastle staring at relegation.

newcastle-united-logo-150x150.jpg680.png

Newcastle 2 - 3 Wolves......

Division 1 - Turn 28

St. James' Park - Attendance: 32,829

Martin (18)

Alderweireld (34)

Gago (86)

Skrtel (55)

Hulk (70)

Substitutions

San Jose for Zyryanov (60)

Ayew for Lens (60)

Sanchez for Kroos (60)

Necid for San Jose (75)

Abate for Rafinha (75)

Wolverhampton-Fulham-Wolves-celebrate-Premier-League+cropped

Wolves fans have full belief they can stay up.

Stats:

Posession

37% - 63%

Total Shots

12 - 12

Shots on target

7 - 9

Corners

7 - 3

Yellow Cards

1 -2

Red Cards

0 - 0

Man of the Match: Fernando Gago (Wolves)

Interview:

2 wins on the bounce, you wanted 7 points from 3 games, you have 6 from 2, happy?

Of course I'm happy! And very pleased with our performances. We have to build on these results because it is so tight down there. I think the target could by as high as 45 points to survive. So that is what we are aiming for. That means we have to win at least 4 or 5 more matches.

Next game: Sunderland at Home.

3 Wins on the bounce for Wolves

Ribas Diego makes a successful debut as Wolves pull clear of the drop.

680.pnghtoof-5e81f6f5a4.png...........

Wolves 2 - 1 Sunderland

Division 1 - Turn 29

Molineux - Attendance: 27,189

Rolfes (35)

Drogba (46)

Schafer (56)

Substitutions

Goulart for Heitinga (75)

Rodriguez for Henderson (75)

Kabore for Schafer (75)

Pazzini for Berbatov (75)

Didier+Drogba+World+Cup+2010+Best+Soccer+Player.jpg

Record signing Drogba has turned Wolves' fortunes around

Stats:

Posession

62% - 38%

Total Shots

19 - 11

Shots on target

11 - 4

Corners

4 - 3

Yellow Cards

1 -3

Red Cards

0 - 0

Man of the Match: Roman Weidenfeller (Wolves)

Interview:

With te likes for Drogba and new signing Deigo in the side, can Wolves push on into the midfield?

Sure, but I'm not thinking about that yet. Survival is number 1 and if we take our minds off that then we will slip. It's great to have a 3rd win in a row but we need a few more to make sure, I will expect a win against Man City and anything less will be a failure.

Next game: Manchester City at home.

Wolves Into European Places

A huge win against Man City continues Wolves' amazing form.

680.pngMcfc_logo.png

Wolves 2 - 0 Man City

Division 1 - Turn 30

Molineux - Attendance: 27,896

Rolfes (60)

Cassani (67)

Benzema (38)

Substitutions

Castro for Navas (45)

Toure for Valencia (45)

Karim-Benzema-to-be-in-the-Premier-League-next-season-54375.jpg

Benzema is bemused as to why he was sent off

Stats:

Posession

56% - 44%

Total Shots

12 - 8

Shots on target

3 - 3

Corners

3 - 3

Yellow Cards

0 -2

Red Cards

0 - 1

Man of the Match: Mattia Cassani (Wolves)

Interview:

9 points clear of relegation and in the European places, bet you didn't see that coming at half way!?

Aha, it is really hard to fathem, obviously I am ecstatic with our performance and the 4 wins in a row. City are a great side and this shows we mean serious business in this league. We can't think of Europe until we are 100% safe from the drop, but we are in a strong position at the moment.

Next game: Arsenal away.

680.png

Transfer Update

Ribas Diego (91) has signed from Wolfsburg in a straight swap involving Marvin Martin (89). Deal completed on the 6th September.

Joseph Yobo (89) has signed from Lyon in a straight swap involving Giuseppe Biava (88). Deal completed on the 15th September.

Franck Beria (88) has been loaned out to Chesterfield for the season depending on injuries etc. Great to help out a smaller club and it reduces my wages even more.

Total Wages: 670k

Loaned out players' Wages: 161k

Home Balance: 496k

Away Balance: -231k

Weekly Balance: 265k

Wolves Battle To Great Away Draw.

Wolves extend their unbeaten run to 5 as the impressively stay in the top 10.

660.png680.png

Arsenal 2 - 2 Wolves

Division 1 - Turn 31

Emirates Stadium - Attendance: 55,944

Gago (19)

Zyryanov (86)

Alonso (13)

Hazard (84)

Substitutions

San Jose for Alderweireld (60)

Beria for Diego (60)

hazard-eden110119getty.jpg

Hazard thought he had won it for Arsenal with 6 minutes to go.

Stats:

Posession

36% - 64%

Total Shots

20 - 12

Shots on target

13 - 5

Corners

8 - 3

Yellow Cards

2 -0

Red Cards

0 - 0

Man of the Match: Xabi Alonso (Arsenal)

Interview:

Unbeaten in 5 with a great draw at the Emirates, what is the formula for your great form?

I'd say the change in formation and the new signings at halfway has kicked started our campaign. We needed to adjust to the formation and everything so that's why our results were not brilliant straight away. But I had full confidence that the lads would gel and pull off these type of results. I'm very pleased with the results but we are not safe yet. Out of our last 7 games we play 5 top 10 teams so it'll be tough. So I am targetting 2 must wins against Villa and Wigan. Of not then we will have to get results against the top clubs.

Next game: Aston Villa at Home.

• 4 weeks later...

680.png

Wolves Results

Turns 32-37

Wolves have an extremely strong run in as they guarentee European football before the final game.

Turn 32

Wolves 1 - 0 Aston Villa

(Zyryanov, 39)

Turn 33

Wigan 2 - 2 Wolves

(Romaric, 33. Gonzalez, 86) .. (Drogba, 36. Zyryanov, 89)

Turn 34

Wolves 2 - 1 Everton

(Drogba, 21. Diego, 76) .. (Giggs, 63)

Turn 35

Man Utd 3 - 2 Wolves

(Rooney, 22. Fellaini, 74. Schweinsteiger, 89) .. (Zyryanov, 25. Drogba, 67)

Turn 36

Wolves 4 - 1 Liverpool

(Del Moral, 4, 18, 89. Necid, 55) .. (Xavi, 61)

Turn 37

Stoke 1 - 3 Wolves

(Crouch, 84) .. (Del Moral, 17. Necid, 41, 63)

Wolves Finish On A High

A great win against high flying Hammers sees Wolves finish 9th.

680.png-%D0%A5%D1%8D%D0%BC-150x150.jpg

Wolves 2 - 1 West Ham

Division 1 - Turn 38

Molineux - Attendance: 28,504

Young (52)

Drogba (70, 81)

asSAsas025.jpg

Drogba caps off fantastic 2nd half of the season for Wolves with the winner, 9 minutes to go.

Stats:

Posession

59% - 41%

Total Shots

15 - 8

Shots on target

7 - 8

Corners

4 - 3

Yellow Cards

2 -1

Red Cards

0 - 1 (Aguero, 4)

Man of the Match: Didier Drogba (Wolves)

Interview:

How does it feel taking Wolves into Europe!?

It's a great feeling, this was a dream for us at the start of the season as relegation was the goal. The new blood brought in at half way really changed things for us. The 2nd half of the season was phenominal and I still can't believe we have survived, let alone being in Europe!

After the stuttering start of your reign, fan were calling for you to be sacked. What message have you got to say to them after proving them wrong?

They only want what is best for the club, and their protests were not out of order. I'd like to thank them for getting behind the team and myself after we got a couple of good results in the bag. They are a credit to football and we wouldn't be here without them.

Now, obviously the club wants you to extend your contract beyond next season, and with some managers jumping ship already, will you be here next season? And have you entered negotiations about extending your contract?

I can honestly say I do not jump ship and will never jump ship. I will 100% be here next season! As for negotiations, come back to me in a couple of weeks.

Aha, okay thanks for the interview and all the previous ones carried out exclusively for Sky Sports HD.

Cheers, thanks for your support.

Wolves finish in 9th place with 56 points!

680.png

Pre Season Starts With Seaside Trip

Grosvenor looks set to hand debuts to 4 players

torquay-summer-harbour_tcm7-16971.jpg

Wolves' players are on holiday in Torquay for the week

Wolves kick off their pre season with an away to League 2 side Torquay United. Torquay have just appointed new boss Jason Koumas and are hoping to kick off his reign with a win against Ryan Grosvenors Wolves.

The 2 teams are on completely different sides of the spectrum, with Wolves just qualifying for Europe and have a stable managerial future. While Torquay having just finished 17th in League 2 and have been yoyo-ing with managers throughout the season. But today is a trial match, with both managers looking to try new formations and tactics out. But the final result is still on their minds as it will increase the confidence in the camps, even if they are in completely situations.

Opponent Fact File:

3062742.gif?139

Team - Torquay United

Manager - Jason Koumas

Stadium - Plainmoor

League Position - 17th (League 2)

Points - 55

Last 6 Games - LWLLLL

Highest Rated Player - Philipp Hosiner(82)

Top Scorer - Nnamdi Oduamadi (13 Goals)

Highest Transfer Fee Paid - Michal Pulkowski (£1.4m)

Numbers

24 - Average age of Torquay's squad.

62 Goals scored in League 2 this season.

8/1 - Torquays Season 2 relegation odds.

RyBet Odds

Torquay Win - 20/1

Draw - 21/2

Wolves Win - 1/7

Possible Line Ups

Masip

Weidenfeller

Benedetti

Cassani

Ellis

Schmelzer

Branston

Alderweireld

Stevens

Heitinga

Latza

Rolfes

Carlisle

Zyryanov

Mansell

Diego

Williams

Drogba

Oduamadi

Del Moral

Camara

Pereira

Interview:

How do approach todays match?

We will take it as just another game, yes it is a friendly. But we want to win and win in style today.

How have the players adapted to the new players and will you be making some more signings?

The lads have settled in well, we aren't looking for a complete overhaul like some teams because I think we have a winning formula with the players we have got. I'm just tweaking certain parts including the 2nd team. As for more players, there will be 1 or 2 coming in and going out in the next few days.

Jason Koumas is the new Torquay manager, how long do you think he'll last?

Well, some managers flop and hate the leagues and leave straight away. Jason hasn't done that so far and he seems to have his feet firmly on the ground so I think and hope he stays for the long term. Good luck to him.

Wolves Scrape Past Torquay

Debutants perform well as Drogba scores winner.

torquay-united.png680.png

Torquay United 0 -1 Wolves

Pre Season Friendly

Plainmoor - Attendance: 1,265

Drogba (19)

Substitutions

D'Haene for Schmelzer (60)

Onuoha for Alderweireld (60)

Muntari for Zyryanov (60)

Torquay-Plainmoor_1149761.jpg

Plainmoor saw a poor turn out, even against Premier League opposition.

Wolves saw off a brave effort from League 2 Torquay as they win their opening pre season match. Wolves dominated possession and the total number of shots but Torquay stood strong to withstand the onslaught. The seasiders only let in the 1 which got manager Jason Koumas' reign off to a decent start. Wolves now look forward to a tougher test on Wednesday against West Ham United.

Stats:

Posession

41% - 59%

Total Shots

7 - 17

Shots on target

7 - 6

Corners

3 - 3

Yellow Cards

0 -0

Red Cards

0 - 0

Interview:

A good win today, although the score should have been more impressive, what are your thoughts on the game?

Yes we should have scored more and we should have converted more shots. But Torquays defence were very strong, which is down to the new manager. He is going to go far and 1 day we will see him in the Premier League, I am sure of it.

Overall, I am not disappointed.

Next game: West Ham United at Home.

Wolves Rumour Mill

680.png

Main headlines

Franck Beria is reportedly on his way to Championship new boys Colchester United. The shock move would see Colchester paying a staggering 6 Million for the defender. Beria played in 12 of Wolves Premier League last season before going on loan to help Chesterfield get promoted to League 1.

Meanwhile, Beria allegedly told a close friend he wants to stay on at Chesterfield to win a 2nd successive promotion. The only problem is that it would have to be a loan deal as Wolves demand no less than 5 million for the player.

Kevin Grosskreutz has been seen at Molineux this morning, as he decides whether to pursue a move to Wolves. Aston Villa and Leeds United are also awaiting his decision.

Other Gossip

Wolves have expressed an interest in Cardiffs Shane Long. Cardiff are willing to listen to offers. Tottenham are also in the hunt for the striker.

Wolves manager Ryan Grosvenor has ended his interest in Matija Nastasic. He said this in an interview with ESPN: 'I am fed up with Mansfield not responding to our offers, it's a shame because Matija is a great prospect, but that's life'.

Grosvenor has expressed his desire in signing Rafael Varane from Sheffield Wednesday. Wednesday has said they are listening to offers, but Wolves may be put off as they want Zapata in exchange.

Wolves haven't got back to Wednesday yet as Grosvenor wants to wait until an unknown player decides to sign for the club or Nottingham Forest.

Roman Weidenfeller has fallen out with Wolves boss Ryan Grosvenor. As the manager is angry about his wage demands. The goalkeeper has reportedly stalled on his contract as the owner is on Grosvenors side.

Wolves have already lined up another goalkeeper to replace the German.

Junior Fernandez has returned to Wolves from his loan spell at Mansfield. His future still remains uncertain at the Midland club.

And Finally..

New signing Pedro Leon has taken a liking to his new surroundings, by showing off his best Black Country accent at Wolves' 'Meet The Players' signing session at their training ground.

Nedum Onuoha found out his surprising England call up whilst in the changing room at half time against Torquay. According to team mate Jack Stephens, Onuoha let out a loud girly scream when reading the text.

The gods are certainly shining down on Wolves this week. Which bodes well going into the new season as the Wolves emblem is seen in the sky above Molineux yesterday:

article-1316099333930-0DE74B8C00000578-837252_466x377.jpg

Beria-Gate Ends

BERIA-1.png

Beria's exit from Wolves has been in the transfer news for quite a while now.

After finishing his successful loan spell at Chesterfield, Wolves said they would be listening to offers for the player.

Colchester formally expressed an interest, which Beria said he would consider.

Beria's agent said he was 99% heading to the Championship side. With 6m being the apparent price.

But talks stalled due to Chesterfield wanting to re-sign their former loanee.

Franck Beria made the talks between Colchester and Wolves almost end as he said he'd prefer a move back to Chesterfield.

Colchester admitted they weren't entirely sure on the deal as other deals didn't go to plan.

Wolves stated that Colchester could not sign Beria at the time. Making Chesterfield the firm favourites to sign him.

Chesterfield suddenly pulled out saying the finance was the problem.

Colchester then reignited their interest saying they could get the money (pending other transfers) within a couple of days.

But Colchester then withdrew, due to the lack of offers for their players.

Then came another twist, Huddersfield entered the fray with an unofficial 5.8m bid.

Colchester reignited their interest, with negotiations between the two clubs at a critical stage.

Colchester admitted that they could not bid due to Diakhate not being sold.

Wolves told Huddersfield to bump the price up to 6m and they could deal.

Huddersfield agreed, officially bidding 6m for Beria.

Wolves have accepted the 6m which will finally end the transfer saga.

680.png

EC 7777 Season 2 Schedule Is Released

Wolves kick off with Midland Derby against Aston Villa

Key Dates

29th October - Premier League - Aston Villa - First Match of the Season

30th October - Midland Trophy Semi Final - West Brom

1st November - Europa League - Athletic Club - First European Match

6th November - Founders Cup - Chelsea - First Founders Cup Match

6th December - Europa League - St Etienne - Final European Group Match

22nd December - Founders Cup - Huddersfield - Final Founders Group Match

28th December - Premier League - West Brom - Black Country Derby

3rd March - Premier League - West Brom - Black Country Derby

14th March - Premier League - Leeds United - Final Match of the Season

EC7777Schedule.png

Competitions

Europa League - Group E

Athletic Club

Palermo

St. Etienne

Wolves

Founders Cup - Group 4

Blackpool

Bristol Rovers

Chelsea

Huddersfield

Northampton

Shrewsbury

Southampton

Wolves

English Champ. Cup

Round 1 - Crewe Alexandra (Away)

English Champ. Shield

Round 1 - Bradford City (Home)

Midland Trophy/Emirates Cup

Semi Final - West Brom (Abu Dhabi)

680.png

Wolves Kick Off With Local Derby

Grosvenor seeks good start to season with win against Froz3ns Villa

dscf7582-300x224.jpg

Wolves and Villa were in Abu Dhabi just days ago

Ryan Grosvenor starts his second season at Wolves with a juicy Midlands derby against Froz3ns Aston Villa. The game promises to be a cracker with both managers eager to kick off with a win. The teams had contrasting seasons last year, with Wolves overperforming and reaching Europe, whilst Villa narrowly avoided relegation, something Froz3n will be determined to avoid this year.

As to who will finish on top, it's anyones game. Both teams are capable of winning today but Villa do have to home advantage, so they are to start as favourites today. But Wolves will be looking for the win.

Opponent Fact File:

15678-t.jpg

Team - Aston Villa

Manager - Froz3n

Stadium - Villa Park

League Position - --

Points - 0

Last 6 Games - ----DW

Highest Rated Player - Julio Cesar (94)

Player to watch - Thomas Muller

Highest Transfer Fee Paid This Season - Sidney Sam (1.5m + Ansaldi)

Numbers

22 - Average age of Aston Villa's squad.

8 - Number of Homegrown players.

20/1 - Aston Villas relegation odds.

RyBet Odds

Aston Villa Win - 5/6

Draw - 6/1

Wolves Win - 5/1

Possible Line Ups

Cesar

Weidenfeller

Reveillere

Cassani

Marcelo

Schmelzer

Sakho

Alderweireld

Rami

Heitinga

Diarra

Albiol

Albrighton

Rolfes

Muller

Diego

Llorente

Drogba

Soldado

Hernanes

Marchisio

Muntari

Interview:

Do you think you can win today?

Of course, we are away so we are going to go for it, we have to. It's the first game and it's against Villa. I may support them but I am determined to get a win straight away.

Wolves Kick Off With A Win

Wolves picked up where they left from last season as they narrowly beat rivals Aston Villa.

22006277lo.jpg&width=150&res=0&png=true680.png

Aston Villa 1 - 2 Wolves

Division 1

Villa Park - Attendance: 42,593

Soldado (17)

Hernanes (26)

Drogba (84)

Llorente (79)

Substitutions

Leon for Cassani(60)

didierdrogbapv7.jpg

Didier Drogba is turning himself into a legend at Wolves with another goal today.

A fantastic display for Wolves sees them win a feisty Midlands derby on the opening day of the season. Wolves dominated the match and should have stretched their lead on serveral occasions as Villa only had 1 shot on target.

Villas only shot on target was their goal which took them ahead against the run of play after 17 minutes. Wolves stepped up their game and they got their equaliser on 26 minutes with Hernanes scoring his first competitive gol for the club. Wolves pushed and pushed while Villa dawdled, and if there was going to be a winner, it would be Wolves, and most likely the main man... Didier Drogba.

The game looked even more likely to go Wolves' way as Llorente was sent off for Villa with 11 minutes left. 5 minutes later the winner came and it was that man Drogba again to earn Wolves the 3 points they deserve.

Stats:

Posession

40% - 60%

Total Shots

8 - 15

Shots on target

1 - 4

Corners

4 - 8

Yellow Cards

3 -1

Red Cards

1 - 0

Interview:

A great start for your team, did the game go as planned?

Cheers, the game didn't really go to plan as we expected Villa to put up a stronger fight. If it was our team last year then we wouldn't have taken advantage but our team is much stronger now and I'm glad we have taken this opportunity to win away against our rivals. The team I put out was a solid team looking for a draw, but with Didier in the team, anything can happen!

Yeah, so how important will Didier Drogba be for you this season?

Oh greatly important, last season we didn't have that firepower up front and we lacked goals from Petric and Necid. Since then Mladen has left and Didier has come in. This was very important for the team as Didier has the class and charisma to turn teams around. And we have based transfers around him. I want 20+ goals from him this season.

Next game: West Brom at Home in the Midlands Trophy.

Wolves Season 2 Official Squad

680.png

4575_1316953640.jpg

Weidenfeller

22410_1314106472.jpg3076_1315912838.jpg2989_1317118077.jpg

Alderweireld...........Heitinga ©..............Albiol

7337_1319815919.jpg...........................4544_1294494466.jpg..........................34886_1314641384.jpg

Cassani.............................................Rolfes..........................................Schmelzer

27877_1318536469.jpg............2658_1274533328.jpg

Hernanes.........................Muntari

3317_1316942313.jpg

Diego

473_1317387462.jpg

Drogba (VC)

Subs

McKeown...Sanhueza...Yobo...Gago...Del Moral...Leon...Necid

Youth Players

Stephens...Elton...Goulart...Raman

Loaned Out

Emerson...San Jose...Onuoha...Silvestre...Abdoulaye...D'Haene...Neustadter...Ekici...Herrmann...Carrillo

Back To Back Wins For Wolves

6 points from 6 sees Wolves in 3rd place.

680.png-%D0%A5%D1%8D%D0%BC-150x150.jpg

Wolves 3 - 2 West Ham

Division 1 - Turn 2

Molineux - Attendance: 28,511

Hernanes (33, 76)

Cassani (57)

Young (53)

Gotze (71)

Substitutions

Leon for Cassani (60)

Hernanes+SS+Lazio+v+FC+Internazionale+Milano+b3hV0QC1dRll.jpg

A brace from Hernanes means he has scored 3 times from his first 2 games.

Stats:

Posession

55% - 45%

Total Shots

22 - 18

Shots on target

13 - 8

Corners

6 - 4

Yellow Cards

1 -1

Red Cards

0 - 0

Man of the Match: Ashley Young (West Ham)

Interview:

2 wins from 2, Wolves are looking much stronger this year, where do you want to finish this year?

Well 1st would be nice! But realistically survival is obvious, but we are aiming to equal or beat last years great finish, so I'd be happy with a top 10 finish.

Wolves sit in 3rd place with 6 points from 2 games.

Next game: Aston Villa in the Midlands Trophy.

Wolves Win The Midlands Trophy

Wolves narrowly beat Aston Villa as Villas comeback was too late.

22006277lo.jpg&width=150&res=0&png=true680.png

Aston Villa 2 - 3 Wolves

Midlands Trophy Final

Sheikh Zayed Stadium - Attendance: 49,497

Hernanes (4)

Drogba (17, 47)

Llorente (49)

Marchisio (61)

Substitutions

Leon for Cassani(60)

wolves-celebrate-promotion-pic-getty-74230545.jpg

Wolves celebrate their first Trophy since winning the Championship in 2009.

Wolves stun Villa to win the Midlands Trophy. This continues their good form and they have already won 3 Midlands derbies this season. The game looked liked it was going Wolves' way as Hernanes and Drogba scored in the first 20 minutes. Villa had numerous chances to equalise but the Wolves defence stood firm until half time.

Villa needed an early goal in the 2nd half to have a chance of winning but it was Wolves who scored the 3rd vital goal. With Hernanes scoring just 2 minutes into the 2nd half. 3-0 down, Villa looked down and out, but they kept on fighting wth manager Froz3ns words on the touchline spurring them on. They struck straight back with Lorente scoring just 2 minutes after. Villa sensed an opportunity to striker again and Wolves looked worried. The game endured an exciting finish as Villa scored that crucial 2nd goal after 61 minutes.

From then on it was fairly even, but Villa looked very dangerous whenever they had the ball. We could all sense on equaliser coming and Villa could taste it. Unfortunately their dominance ran out of steam and Wolves won by the narrowist of margins. Meaning Wolves win the Trophy and the bragging rights over their Midland rivals as they endure a great start to the season.

Emirates-Cup.jpg

Stats:

Posession

38% - 62%

Total Shots

16 - 14

Shots on target

10 - 7

Corners

4 - 4

Yellow Cards

2 -2

Red Cards

0 - 0

Man of the Match: Marchisio (Aston Villa)

Interview:

Your team are looking very strong, how does it feel to win your first trophy with the club?

It feels fantastic, the lads worked incredibly hard to win against our rivals and credit to them. We faced tough opposition against West Brom and Aston Villa and we beat them both, it shows how well the team are gelling and the new additions fit in perfectly. Hopefully this bodes well for the rest of the season!

Wolves Thrash Blackpool To Go 2nd

Wolves win 3 out of 3 as Muntari steals the show

680.pngBlackpool-FC.gif

Wolves 4 - 1 Blackpool

Division 1 - Turn 3

Molineux - Attendance: 28,371

Muntari (14, 72)

Drogba (54)

Leon (63)

Adam (74)

Substitutions

Leon for Cassani (60)

Adam for Asamoah (60)

Tardelli for Varela (60)

fcinternazionalemilanov.jpg

Sulley Muntari 's 2 goals secured another great win for Wolves.

Stats:

Posession

52% - 48%

Total Shots

5 - 7

Shots on target

5 - 7

Corners

6 - 7

Yellow Cards

1 -1

Red Cards

0 - 0

Man of the Match: Sulley Muntari (Wolves)

Interview:

You've played the same side for every game this season, what have your team done to turn last years form around?

I think stability is key. Last year was my first year and I was putting my stamp on the squad, this meant there were alot of comings and goings as I found my squad. As you saw in the last 15 games or so of last season, the lads gelled and results started to come. Now over the summer I've added some key quality players that would fit in the formation so they wouldn't disturb the team too much. And hopefully this will bring us success.

Wolves sit in 2nd place with 9 points from 3 games.

Next game: Palermo in the Europa League.

• 2 weeks later...

Wolves Lose First Match Of The Season

Tottenham narrowly beat Wolves with late winner.

Tottenham 2 - 1 Wolves

Division 1

White Hart Lane - Attendance: 35,731

Pepe (58)

Modric (80)

Hernanes (71)

Substitutions

Leon for Cassani(60)

Tottenham-Hotspurs-Luka-M-001.jpg

Modric lifts Tottenhams slow start with a fantastic goal.

Stats:

Posession

57% - 43%

Total Shots

15 - 11

Shots on target

10 - 6

Corners

6 - 7

Yellow Cards

2 -2

Red Cards

0 - 0

Man of the Match: Modric (Tottenham)

Next game: Everton at Home.

Back To Winning Ways

Wolves' great start continues as they thrash Everton 3-0

680.pngeverton.gif

Wolves 3 - 0 Everton

Division 1 - Turn 5

Molineux - Attendance: 28,407

Diego (23)

Heitinga (55)

Hernanes (64)

Substitutions

Leon for Cassani (60)

ImageHandler.ashx?Width=300&Height=300&HomeDirectory=%2FPortals%2F0%2F&FileName=serieA2010%2F1_hernanes.jpg&PortalID=0&q=1

Hernanes is adapting very well in the Premier League.

Stats:

Posession

52% - 48%

Total Shots

12 - 21

Shots on target

9 - 10

Corners

4 - 8

Yellow Cards

2 -2

Red Cards

0 - 0

Man of the Match: Hernanes (Wolves)

Next game: Blackpool in the Founders Cup.[/b]

Wolves Form Continues

Last few games:

Founders Cup

Wolves 1 - 2 Blackpool

Kerzhakov (1, 68)

Diego (80)

English Champ. Cup

Crewe 0 - 0 Wolves

Crewe win 4-2 on Penalties

SMFA Shield

St Etienne 1 - 0 Wolves

Van Wolfswinkel (6)

Division 1

Millwall 2 - 2 Wolves

Vazquez (46)

Maggio (79)

Diego (31, 76)

Founders Cup

Wolves 6 - 1 Shrewsbury

Hernanes (8)

Diego (11, 82)

Schmelzer (43)

Rolfes (46)

Heitinga (57)

McAllister (6)

Division 1

Wolves 3 - 1 Preston

Hernanes (15)

Schmelzer (73)

Diego (75)

Jallet (38)

Founders Cup

Wolves 0 - 1 Bristol Rovers

N'Guemo (15)

English Champ Shield

Wolves 2 - 1 Bradford City

Del Moral (17)

Yobo (48)

Walch (55)

SMFA Shield

Athletic Club 2 - 2 Wolves

Gabilondo (7)

Martinez (73)

Leon (24)

Drogba (68)

Division 1

Liverpool 1 - 2 Wolves

Nasri (38)

Necid (27)

Yobo (69)

Founders Cup

Wolves 2 - 0 Southampton

Rolfes (73)

Hernanes (83)

• 1 month later...

188010_207429902617825_5157090_n.jpg

Wolves' Last 2 Months Overview

Wolves sit pretty at the top with a 9 point lead.

Premier League:

Won: 9

Drawn: 2

Lost: 3

Current Premier League Table after 22 Games:

1. Wolves - 48 Pts

2. Man Utd - 39

3. Chelsea - 39

4. Tottenham - 38

5. Blackpool - 38

6. Fulham - 34

7. West Brom - 34

EC Shield Semi Final - 30th January

Wolves v Sheffield Wednesday

Wolves were knocked out in the group stages of the Founders Cup and the SMFA Shield.

Transfers

In

William Gallas - Straight into the first team and has fitted in perfectly after his 5 games. £1m and Yobo went the other way.

Yassine El Ghanassy - Great prospect, getting some first team experience, expect more of him next season. Record money signing for Wolves in £7.5m

Abou Diaby - Replaces Muntari in midfield as he heads the other way along with 3m. On/off first teamer, playing a vital role in Wolves' title charge.

Luis Gil, Sam Hutchinson & Nicolas Trecco - 3 upcoming youngsters, pushing for first team appearances but will need to be loaned at some stage for more appearances.

Out

Matias Silvestre - Unhappy being loaned out to Colchester. Manager Ryan Grosvenor, Matias and Colchester manager John Henry had talks to seek a solution. A figure of around £6.5m was agreed and Silvestre joins Colchester permanently.

More news soon.

Leaders Wolves Sold

Owner Steve Morgan forced to sell to Arabian businessman due to serious debt

Wolves' season has gone without a hitch so far, top of the league by a distance and are hot favourites for the title with 15 games to go. Wolves' have also splashed out in the transfer market this season, including the likes of Hernanes, Diaby and El Ghanassy. Critics have questioned the amounts of money Wolves have spent this season and whether owner Steve Morgan can actually afford it. Morgan has denied that Wolves are having money troubles and has hit back at critics.

As it turns out, Wolves have been in serious debt since start of the season, yet still bought El Ghanassy for 7.5m last month. The revelation comes after Steve Morgan offically put the club up for sale last night, looking for a quick sale to get the club off his hands. The 59 year olds shares in Redrow have decreased dramatically in recent months and has not kept on top of his clubs finances, leading the club to be steeped in huge debt. The amount of debt has been debated but the non-official figure is 80m+ but Wolves aren't giving anything away.

wolves_1370198c.jpg

Morgan took over Wolves in 2007 for £10

A total of 4 bids came in very quickly and they are all from foreign investors. 2 bids from the UAE, 1 from Saudi Arabia and 1 from America. Eventually, the club was sold to an unnamed Saudi Arabian businessman for a measly £5M. The new owner will need to put his hands in his pockets to wipe out the £80M debt.

Things may be on the up financially, but is this new owner the real deal? Will he give Grosvenor some more funds? Can he guarentee to wipe out the debt? We will have more information on the new owner and hopefully an interview with him and manager Ryan Grosvenor.

Archived