Sign in to follow this  
thorpstar

Who would you go for and why??

Re: Who would you go for and why??

who would you buy and why ' date=' anyone due to increase, anyone got more potential?

[b']RÉMY, Loïc[/b]

GRANERO, Esteban

WITSEL, Axel

BENDER, Sven

DEFOUR, Steven

I'd buy the bold ones :

Loïc Rémy - First season for him in Marseille, the man has been excellent ! He's young aswell, has a few good years ahead of him atleast ... 24 YO playing in Ligue 1 and already has a 90 rating, personally I'd say he deserves a 89 because He's not better then Gervinho,Gomis,Sow and a few others !

If he continue to play like this season, but improving his skills and maturing his way of playing, he'll be 91 in a season or 2 ... maybe even go to a better European team.

Axel Witsel - Very good young Belgium midfielder, one of the Golden Generation in Belgium, currently a Liege player with a very good season behind him ... If I'm not mistaken a few bigger clubs is after him and who knows ? Maybe He'll be a 90 after the next review.

Steven Defour - A personal favourite of mine ! Defour hardly makes a bad game ! Manchester Utd is said to be interested in him, and if he continues like this, He'll be a 92 rated player in 2 seasons.

I'd buy the bold ones :

Loïc Rémy - First season for him in Marseille' date=' the man has been excellent ! He's young aswell, has a few good years ahead of him atleast ... 24 YO playing in Ligue 1 and already has a 90 rating, personally I'd say he deserves a 89 because He's not better then Gervinho,Gomis,Sow and a few others !

If he continue to play like this season, but improving his skills and maturing his way of playing, he'll be 91 in a season or 2 ... maybe even go to a better European team.

[b']Axel Witsel[/b] - Very good young Belgium midfielder, one of the Golden Generation in Belgium, currently a Liege player with a very good season behind him ... If I'm not mistaken a few bigger clubs is after him and who knows ? Maybe He'll be a 90 after the next review.

Steven Defour - A personal favourite of mine ! Defour hardly makes a bad game ! Manchester Utd is said to be interested in him, and if he continues like this, He'll be a 92 rated player in 2 seasons.

Sorry Mate, Iam not trying to personally attack you but once again poor advice. Firstly Witsel has no chance of getting 90 whilst he plays for Standard, same as Defour if he makes a move to a bigger club then yeah he could go onto to be a decent player, both players are good but only within a rubbish league and have failed to show on the big stages, they won't be competing in Europe again next season, so unless they move have no chance of rising. You left out the player with the most potential, Sven Bender is by far the best of this list, he will rise in the Germany changes, and now that Sahin's moved on should take his place which will allow him more room to grow, Playing in Germany also gives him a chance of getting into the 90's with ease

Sorry Mate' date=' Iam not trying to personally attack you but once again poor advice. Firstly Witsel has no chance of getting 90 whilst he plays for Standard, same as Defour if he makes a move to a bigger club then yeah he could go onto to be a decent player, both players are good but only within a rubbish league and have failed to show on the big stages, they won't be competing in Europe again next season, so unless they move have no chance of rising. You left out the player with the most potential, [b']Sven Bender[/b] is by far the best of this list, he will rise in the Germany changes, and now that Sahin's moved on should take his place which will allow him more room to grow, Playing in Germany also gives him a chance of getting into the 90's with ease

Yeah, the Belgium league aint exactly La Liga mate :P

But still, I believe in both Witsel and Defour !!

And the reason for me leaving out Bender is that i know nearly nothing about him and thus could not comment on if he would be a good buy or not :)

Yeah' date=' the Belgium league aint exactly La Liga mate :P

But still, I believe in both Witsel and Defour !!

And the reason for me leaving out Bender is that i know nearly nothing about him and thus could not comment on if he would be a good buy or not :)[/quote']

Yeah, I agree, on a personal level I like the both of them, good players (have them on a few teams) but SM wise they are poor choices out of the current list, if Witsel or Defour can the right move they could be decent players, but until that time when they get out of Belgium I truly can't see them rising

Yeah' date=' I agree, on a personal level I like the both of them, good players (have them on a few teams) but SM wise they are poor choices out of the current list, if Witsel or Defour can the right move they could be decent players, but until that time when they get out of Belgium I truly can't see them rising[/quote']

Well, Witsel is being followed by a few big clubs, and Defour is followed by Man Utd. ... When Defour was injured the last time he received a letter from Sir Alex Ferguson stating that Fergie hoped Defour would recover quickly !

So i think It's safe to say that in a season or 2 both Witsel and Defour will have joined bigger clubs !

Sorry Mate' date=' Iam not trying to personally attack you but once again poor advice. Firstly Witsel has no chance of getting 90 whilst he plays for Standard, same as Defour if he makes a move to a bigger club then yeah he could go onto to be a decent player, both players are good but only within a rubbish league and have failed to show on the big stages, they won't be competing in Europe again next season, so unless they move have no chance of rising. You left out the player with the most potential, [b']Sven Bender[/b] is by far the best of this list, he will rise in the Germany changes, and now that Sahin's moved on should take his place which will allow him more room to grow, Playing in Germany also gives him a chance of getting into the 90's with ease

I would have to agree that Bender is probably the best and most likely to rise yet I would have to advise on poor advise once again on what was mentioned about Bender. Bender has had a very good season for BVB but one would have to take the whole team performance into consideration. Bender had a brilliant partner in front of great wall of a defence but now this partnership is over with Sahin moving on. Bender will also struggle to get into the german starting 11 for some time yet, yes he is good but not great as to make him stand out as a regular first team 11. he will no doubt be used at some stage but for now i believe it will be part of tactical changes in friendly matches. It will be interesting to see how BVB will do next season in the bundesliga and CL and how Bender will cope with the added pressure on him!!!

Witsel is being linked with Liverpool and Arsenal this week, if he got his move then he would be a good buy. Could see him getting to 90+ in either of those teams.

Bender is the sensible choice as he is a good talent in a good team, just breaking into the NT.

who would you buy and why ' date=' anyone due to increase, anyone got more potential?

RÉMY, Loïc

GRANERO, Esteban

WITSEL, Axel

BENDER, Sven

DEFOUR, Steven[/quote']

As cool a country as Belgium is, I cannot see witsel and defour going much in their current league:( shame aint it fluffy :(

sven bender definately and then loic remy

I would have to agree that Bender is probably the best and most likely to rise yet I would have to advise on poor advise once again on what was mentioned about Bender. Bender has had a very good season for BVB but one would have to take the whole team performance into consideration. Bender had a brilliant partner in front of great wall of a defence but now this partnership is over with Sahin moving on. Bender will also struggle to get into the german starting 11 for some time yet' date=' yes he is good but not great as to make him stand out as a regular first team 11. he will no doubt be used at some stage but for now i believe it will be part of tactical changes in friendly matches. It will be interesting to see how BVB will do next season in the bundesliga and CL and how Bender will cope with the added pressure on him!!![/quote']

Yeah of course it was a team effort, and Bender was a part of that, he will rise to 90 which is what the guy wants, a player who will rise. I also don't think I mentioned the German national team, and your right I wouldn't expect him to instantly slot into the national side, but given a chance I believe he would take it. It will definitely be interesting to see how they play next season

Definitely go for Sven Bender. He is the best out of all of them and had a superb season by far. In my opinion Bender has a 100% chance of rising to 90. So I would go for Bender and if you have enough money buy his brother Lars Bender who will rise aswell by 1 or 2.

Well' date=' Witsel is being followed by a few big clubs, and Defour is followed by Man Utd. ... When Defour was injured the last time he received a letter from Sir Alex Ferguson stating that Fergie hoped Defour would recover quickly !

So i think It's safe to say that in a season or 2 both Witsel and Defour will have joined bigger clubs ![/quote']

Problem is, Defour and Witsel has been linked to big clubs for the past 2 seasons and they are still at Standard. It raises the question that if these 2 players are really that good, those big clubs should already have snapped them up quickly unless it was standard that was playing hardball during negotiations.

Cheers,

Roy

Problem is' date=' Defour and Witsel has been linked to big clubs for the past 2 seasons and they are still at Standard. It raises the question that if these 2 players are really that good, those big clubs should already have snapped them up quickly unless it was standard that was playing hardball during negotiations.

Cheers,

Roy[/quote']

Witsel - Alot of rumours has surrounded him for quite a while as you say, and just recently he was linked with Fiorentina ... Liege wants £10 Million for Witsel, Liverpool is said to be ready to pay this, competing with Ac Milan about Him and as i said, Possibly Fiorentina.

He's also under contract until 2013, so he could play for Liege for a whole season more and then still be sold ... And another thing that has made Liege keen on keeping him is the fact that they sold Marouane Fellaini in 2008 for £15 million, at the same time clubs started to express interest in Witsel, but Liege had already got £15 Million, so why be greedy and weaken the team ?

Defour - Defour is the captain of Standar Liege, and has just signed a new contract that ends in 2016, By doing so, He'll undoubtedly be the biggest star in the belgian leauge for a long time, but this does not guarantee that he stays in liege, just that He'll be more expensive seeing as he has such a long term contract ... perhaps He'll be one of the first 90/91 players in the belgian leauge ?

It raises the question that if these 2 players are really that good' date=' those big clubs should already have snapped them up quickly[/quote']

Or it might just be that they're both very keen on helping Liege win trophies, perhaps they want to play in Europe for Liege ?

Who knows ? Perhaps they just want to remain in Standard Liege ?