English Championship 6952 - Discussion Thread

Elohim

Re: English Championship 6952 - Discussion Thread

Sunderland signed a number of players in the defensive, in order for us to become more competitive.

They are :

Joao Pereira - D/DM/M ® - signed from Valencia, for 8.2 M

58714.jpg

Raul Albiol - D (RC) - signed from Napoli for 7.7 M

69168.jpg

Marcell Jansen - D/DM/M/AM (L) - signed from HSV, in a part exchange deal, involving Yuri Zhirkov and 750 K

93617.jpg

Nick Viergever - D (LC), DM © - signed from AZ for 7.5 M

250012070.jpg

Sylv also managed to transfer Andreas Christensen, as a Free Agent, the former Chelsea man being one of the best defenders in the world at his age range, Julian Green, the top talent kid from german giants Bayern Munchen, William Carvalho, the next no. 6 of Portugal is experts eyes, and one surprise : Holmbert Aron Fridjonsson, a striker from Iceland, who rose high interest from scottish giants Celtic, after a trial. He is tipped to be the next Alfred Finnbogason.

Only a day after his transfer, Fridjonsson got +1.

But sadly, some of our players had to go,after these transfers, so we wish the best in their careers for Yuri Zhirkov, Cristian Ponde, Luiz Adriano, Carlos Chaby, Fares Bahlouli, Gokhan Gonul, Ricardo Esgaio and Federico Peluso.

5057518805a26.jpg

safc-large.png

With half of the season gone, Sunderland find themselves on the second spot of Premier League with 38 points, only 5 points behind Arsenal.

In Premier League, our team registered 12 games won, 2 draws and 5 lost games, scoring 34 goals and receiving 20.

In the English Cup we are in the quarter finals, after defeating Fulham, Wigan and West Ham, while in the English Shield, we won the first two games, at penalty, against Chelsea and against Crystal Palace - a beautiful 4-3 game, but Cardiff won against us, at penalty shots, in Round 3 of the competition.

Also, Sunderland played in SMFA Champions Shield and moves to the knock-out rounds after winning a group with Saint-Etienne, Lille and Dynamo Moskva. In the first knock-out round we'll meet an english team, Bolton Wanderers.

In almost all of our cup/SMFA matches, Sylv sent on the pitch the second XI, in order for almost every player to get games in the season.

For the second part of the season, we hope to maintain our form and win games, to finish in the "Big Four", and move forward in the English Cup and SMFA Champions Shield.

Our top players this season :

Premier League

Fabio Quagliarella

58662.jpg

Matches : 18

Goals : 6

Assists : 8

Avg. Perf. : 7.78

M.o.M. : 3

SMFA/Cups

Max Kruse

MKF_display_image.png?1358779328

Matches : 11

Goals : 9

Assists : 3

Avg. Perf. : 7.77

M.o.M. : 2

sunderland-710px.jpg

Div 2

Bolton 1-3 Derby

We were up against Fluffy's Bolton and they took the lead when Sakho received the ball from a Defour freekick and promptly shot low into the goal.

Our equalizer came when Bellamy put in Palacio who tapped in at close range. Then we went ahead when Palacio drilled in from a Flamini freekick.

In the second half we put it to bed, this time Palacio setting up Balzaretti who shoots into the bottom corner.

We pull away from Bolton by 6 points but I expect them to comeback towards the end of the season.

Good evening lads!

Just took over as Everton boss and I have to say it's a really nice looking side.

I actually managed Aston Villa for a very brief period of time one year ago, so I'm not completely new around these parts.

Oh and I've noticed that Fluffy is in div.2 so everything appears to be in order here. :P

Good evening lads!

Just took over as Everton boss and I have to say it's a really nice looking side.

I actually managed Aston Villa for a very brief period of time one year ago' date=' so I'm not completely new around these parts.

Oh and I've noticed that Fluffy is in div.2 so everything appears to be in order here. :P[/quote']

Enjoy them mate, sorry if I left any nmf!

Pippo 09 steered Sunderland to victory against Chelsea.

Sunderland outclassed Chelsea and beat them 2 - 0 in their Division 1 fixture.

Kruse scored both of the goals for Sunderland and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.

Sylv's boys won 2-0 away, at Stamford Bridge, in London, after a Max Kruse scored 2 very important goals. The german midfielder/striker is a beast in Sunderland's attack this season and the suporters are asking to see more of him in the first XI, after he played only in 2 games in the Premier League, but played in all of the cup/SMFA games Sunderland played.

For now, it's impossible for him to start in front of Kaka and Valbuena, two important players in the first XI, but Sylv has to put him on the field as a substitution, at least, after this magnificent half season Kruse pulled off.

After this game, we have to look forward to the quarter-finals of the English Cup, a match at home, against Derby County. We hope to succeed in playing our game, and win this match. Also, we thank our supporters for being there for us at every game.

(Sunderland Echo)

Sunderland managed the transfer of the season for them, signing Shinji Kagawa from Liverpool.

After long talks with his fellow manager from Liverpool, Sylv convinced him to let Kagawa leave Anfield and join the Black Cats.

With 11 assists this season and 1 goal, in 10 games, Shinji will be entering directly in the first XI, replacing Mathieu Valbuena, as the french midfielder didn't quite deliver this season.

Valbuena and Borja Valero might even leave Sunderland if any good offers come to the Stadium of Lights for them.

I need to thank my friend, Soon Yong Lau, for letting Shinji Kagawa leave Anfield and join us. He will make a brilliant partnership with Kaka, I belive. He might help us very much in our battle against Arsenal. - Sylv
Shinji-Kagawa_2275714b.jpg

safc-large.png

Pippo 09 steered Sunderland to victory against Swansea City.

Sunderland outclassed Swansea City and beat them 3 - 1 in their Division 1 fixture.

Kagawa scored a goal and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.

Kaká was also on the scoresheet for his side.

Sunderland won, away, against Swansea 3-1 and moved to the first spot of the P.L.

Newly transferred Shinji Kagawa was named M.o.M. in his first game for us, after scoring a goal and constantly putting pressure on Swansea's players alongside Kaka, Quagliarella and Valbuena.

Sunderland managed the impossible. Before Sylv joined the Black Cats, Sunderland was going to be relegated in the second division. Then, the romanian manager signed a 1 year contract with them and got them to the 11th place, in the first season.

Because of that place, Sunderland played in the SMFA Shield in the second season and won the group.

Some other good performances got them into the Semi Final of the English Cup, facing Everton.

But, the most important of all, Sunderland is right now on the first place in Premier League. Not even the most optimistic fans could've dreamed of this, but here we are and Arsenal is now on the second place, after a season and a half.

Liverpool's manager, at the beginning of the season said "Everyone, fear Sunderland. This season they will fight for the title!", but no one took him serious. Not even Sunderland. But with hard work and dedication, everything seems to be in order.

sunderland-710px.jpg

Everton beat Blackburn Rovers 4 - 2 in a thrilling Division 1 encounter.

Suárez scored a brace and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.

Insigne and Varane were also amongst the goalscorers.

Finally got the chance to play my best eleven, and won comfortably even though I forgot to turn off the in-game instructions from the cup game earlier this week. :o This meant that I completely changed the formation at half time and subbed out Johnson, Di Maria and Pogba.

Glad it didn't matter in the end though :)

Facing Fluffy's Bolton on Monday in the domestic cup, and I think I will field a reservish side. After all I'm playing a Div.2 side. :D

On the transfer front I've only received one bid so far and that was on Pogba from Spurs. A really good offer actually that I've been considering for a while now. But in the end I think I'm going to reject because it's really just a swap between players of the same position which isn't really what I'm looking for.