SHAWN PARKER - GERMANY U19 Talent

-JMH-

3aae8f4ba7.jpg

SHAWN PARKER

FSV MAINZ 05

Germany U19

position: FWD

D.O.B: 07/03/1993 in Wiesbaden

American father but declared his Germany roots after being born and raised there. But holds a US passport and could one day represent the US if Germany doesnt work out. Currently regarded has a top prospect though, looking to become a future number 9 in the Klose mold.

U19 debut 31/5/2011 - 55mins v Hungary

2/6/2011 v Macedonia - 90mins - 2 goals

With Moritz Leitner running the show for the U19, Mainz junior Shawn Parker stepped up versus Macedonia and bagged a brace.

"23/03/2010 - The youth department of the 1. FSV Mainz 05 was able to bind one of their greatest talents to them for the future. U17-national player Shawn Parker extended his contract with the 05er early until June 30, 2014. 05-youth coordinator Volker Kersting, who led the negotiations, is glad about the contract extenson: "I am happy that we were able to bind a player long-term with such a good perspective. This is confirming our work at the youth achievement center and our orientation as educational club. Shawn Parker decided on Mainz despite many other options." The player himself explains his decision with his experiences at the Bruchweg: "I've received a top education in Mainz in the past years and I think that all conditions are here that I will need for my future development."

Parker has already completed 20 games for the German youth national team and scored twelve goals. Currently he is part of the U17 national squad which will play in Switzerland in the coming days in the qualification for the European Championship 2010. The Germans will play Hungary (March 25), the host Switzerland (March 27) and Serbia (March 30). Parker is the top scorer of the team with seven goals in eight matches." - taken from Mainz offical site.. has since been promoted to the U18 & U19

U17 - 6 apps 4 goals

U18 - 7 apps 4 goals

U19 - as of 2 June 2011 - 2apps 2 goals

National stats taken from transfermarkt.com

2010/2011 club stats

2340 mins, 30 apps 15 goals - Mainz U19 side.

Looks a good talent, and with Mainz bringing up some useful players, he could follow in the footsteps of Andre Schurrle

11 Jan 2013 +3 - 78

21 May 2013 + 5 - 83

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Re: SHAWN PARKER - GERMANY U19 Talent

joins the DB today. since October 6th, has made 3 U19 apps for Germany

Germany U19 3 - 3 Belarus U19 ----90mins

Montenegro U19 0 - 2 Germany U19 ------90mins

Germany U19 5 - 1 North. Ireland U19 -----44mins (halftime sub)

Made 3 further starts for Mainz II.......

scoring v Dortmund II

then subbed off v DÜSSELDORF II

& again subbed off v Koln II.

still a starter but lack of goals is getting him pulled off in recent matches..

interesting his strike partner is Janeil Hoillett, brother of Junior of Blackburn Rovers fame...

• 1 month later...

I don't know too much about him (except for the hype) but when I take a look at his stats in the Regionalliga (4th division in Germany) I am not too impressed.

He plays for the second team of Mainz and as the first team is in desperate need of a striker and they obviously do not even think about Shawn as an option I don't see any improvement right now.

On the other hand: He is 18 years old, his stats in Germany's U19 are quite good and maybe he will make his way one day.

For now I would think there is no need to keep him.

• 5 months later...

Shawn finished the season where he started, involved in the U19 Germany setup.

He started the 2 recent U19 qualifiers versus Serbia & Romania.

For Mainz II he ended up with 27 apps, 22 starts and 4 goals.

Totalling 1911 minutes.

Shawn finished the season where he started' date=' involved in the U19 Germany setup.

He started the 2 recent U19 qualifiers versus Serbia & Romania.

For Mainz II he ended up with 27 apps, 22 starts and 4 goals.

Totalling 1911 minutes.[/quote']

any idea how much he will rise to?>

• 5 months later...

Broken into the first team matchday squad in the last couple months.

Got his first Bundesliga start tonight...and scored!

2nd goal on 42mins' date=' with Mainz beating high flying Eintract Frankfurt 1-3 away![/quote']

Just got on and was about to post but see you already have ! Shawn was outstanding !

Archived