Hyina

Counter formations

I have taken on a side struggling against relegation, my rating is 89 and as window is shut can't buy. I am playing high rated sides of 91 plus. What are the best formations for me. I have used 4-5-1 and played very defensive with long ball to try and catch them on the break. however I have lost 1-0 and drew 1-1. only 1 shot on target which was a penalty. I really need to help here.

On 21/08/2016 at 9:51 PM, Middle_Finger said:

Counter tactics for 4-2-2-2 ? I used to use 5-3-2a but since last year its not working. And I don't remember winning against a 4-2-2-2. 

On 26/08/2016 at 4:39 PM, Nikola Ilić said:

try 3-2-2-2-1 

On 28/08/2016 at 2:28 PM, Nikola Ilić said:

Or 4-2-3-1 , but I think 3-2-2-2-1 will work fine :D

On 28/08/2016 at 3:12 PM, Middle_Finger said:

I tried 4-2-3-1(b) but it was fruitless. This 4-2-2-2 is becoming a headache for me.

On 28/08/2016 at 8:56 PM, jlammy said:

Maybe try 4-3-3B? That's one of my go-to formations, and it could expose the lack of width in the 4-2-2-2.

I have now started to struggle against 4222. He keeps all the default instructions ie Tempo 'normal'. I tried 32221 a go a few times and tried 433B and lost. Should I be countering the default settings by playing certain settings?

Guys my team is burnley FC  my next match is against Manchester city . City have reus (in a great form) and ronaldo as their new signings. They usually play 3-4-3 or 4-1-3-2 formation

My first team  >>

reina>>Pepe>>risse-marchese-pepe-flannagan>>kightly-ruben castro-emre mor -defour>>Gray/Maupay -mario gomez

What formation should i use 

I am planning on 4-5-1

Systems are important, that's true. In my opinion you need to 'trust' your team and play like you want to play. I am first with FC Bayern München, but also with SSC Napoli and Tottenham Hotspurs. I am third with Chelsea and with third with Liverpool in an other league. Make a system that you can play with the players that you have:

I am playing with this systems:

FC Bayern München - 4-5-1

Tottenham Hotspurs - 4-2-3-1

SSC Napoli - 4-3-3 A

Chelsea - 4-3-2-1

Liverpool - 4-3-3 A

I returned to play SM after a long period,  the GW that I play, most of the coaches use the 4-2-3-1 and I am having great problems to defeat them. I have already used 3-5-2, 4-1-3-2, 4-2-2-2, 4-3-3 B, 4-5-1. But I've had 4 losses and 1 draw since I came back  play. What to do?

Sorry my english!

I'm currently sitting 4th place in my game world with 3 or 4 teams only a few points behind me ready to take my place when I slip up. I'm up against 7th place (3 Points behind) who uses the 4-4-1-1. He's beat quite a few players in the top 8 after employing this formation and last time he beat me 2-1 when I tried to use a 4-4-2B with direct passing and counter attacking. Every match he plays he always uses soft tackling with direct passing while his mentality always varies from v defensive against higher opponents, or attacking (which he used against me last time). Our average squad rating is around the same, however he has a 94,93,92, 7 91s and the rest 90s in comparison to my two 92s, seven 91s and the rest 90s. Anyone have ideas on how to counter him? A must win away match in my opinion.

11 hours ago, RogerioCeni said:

Finally I got to defeat the 4-2-3-1. I used 4-3-3 (A), was a very balanced game,  with same total shots, even total shots on target and he got 53% possession, but I was the visitor. I won by only 1x0.

U j

11 hours ago, RogerioCeni said:

Finally I got to defeat the 4-2-3-1. I used 4-3-3 (A), was a very balanced game,  with same total shots, even total shots on target and he got 53% possession, but I was the visitor. I won by only 1x0.

LuCky you. 4-3-3a Is small against It

On 05/12/2016 at 7:15 PM, thorgan lesar said:

Systems are important, that's true. In my opinion you need to 'trust' your team and play like you want to play. I am first with FC Bayern München, but also with SSC Napoli and Tottenham Hotspurs. I am third with Chelsea and with third with Liverpool in an other league. Make a system that you can play with the players that you have:

I am playing with this systems:

FC Bayern München - 4-5-1

Tottenham Hotspurs - 4-2-3-1

SSC Napoli - 4-3-3 A

Chelsea - 4-3-2-1

Liverpool - 4-3-3 A

But what instructions do you use? 

@liamgriff:

FC Bayern München - passing is direct, press everywhere on the field, diversified when attacking, mentality very offensive. I'm using a setter, short cover and using offside-trap.

Results: 49 points in 17 matches, 13 points away from the second. A new record: I'm unbeaten in 29 matches.

Tottenham Hotspurs - passing is diversified, diversified when attacking, mentality offensive, ball circulation high. I'm using a setter and a target spits. Of course the offside-trap and the short cover.

Results: 37 points in 17 matches. I'm second, Barcelona won all the games in the season for now.

SSC Napoli - I'm new as coach. It's a new project. I started to look at the squad and I immediately now I need to start very defensive with Napoli. I'm growing in the system, so I can change to what I want. That's a 4-3-3 with an offensive mentality. With Napoli I have the players behind the ball and I'm using counter-attack. Pressure on the ball everywhere and diversified.

Results: I just begon, so I can just tell this: 17/24

Liverpool - Also new as coach. I'm using a setter, who is really important in this 4-3-3 (is played by Jordan Henderson),  short cover and using offside-trap as usual. Ball circulation high, diversified when attacking and the same with the passing. The mentality is here very offensive.

Results: I just begon, so I can just tell this: 15/21

I stopped coaching Chelsea FC. I'm not a coach who will stay long, I want to rebuild things, making the impossible possible and start a nice project. I reached my goal with Chelsea, there were some problems. The season before I wasn't yet the coach of Chelsea, there were 15th. I stayed 2 years and with not a world team I made them a team for the top 5. I'm not looking to win trophies. You can see that with my new team:

RSC Anderlecht - 3-5-2 system
I'm still thinking if I'm satisfied with the instructions and tactics. I'm building first my team, I have time because I'm in 4th division :).

The longest team of me:
Manchester United with 436 games (reached 1192 points)

How would I counter 4-5-1 with direct passing, soft tackling and an attacking mentality? I'm currently in 4th place and my opponent will overtake me if he beats me meaning it is a must-win match. Our average rating is around the same so how can I counter his formation?

On 14/12/2016 at 5:06 AM, thorgan lesar said:

@liamgriff:

FC Bayern München - passing is direct, press everywhere on the field, diversified when attacking, mentality very offensive. I'm using a setter, short cover and using offside-trap.

Results: 49 points in 17 matches, 13 points away from the second. A new record: I'm unbeaten in 29 matches.

Tottenham Hotspurs - passing is diversified, diversified when attacking, mentality offensive, ball circulation high. I'm using a setter and a target spits. Of course the offside-trap and the short cover.

Results: 37 points in 17 matches. I'm second, Barcelona won all the games in the season for now.

SSC Napoli - I'm new as coach. It's a new project. I started to look at the squad and I immediately now I need to start very defensive with Napoli. I'm growing in the system, so I can change to what I want. That's a 4-3-3 with an offensive mentality. With Napoli I have the players behind the ball and I'm using counter-attack. Pressure on the ball everywhere and diversified.

Results: I just begon, so I can just tell this: 17/24

Liverpool - Also new as coach. I'm using a setter, who is really important in this 4-3-3 (is played by Jordan Henderson),  short cover and using offside-trap as usual. Ball circulation high, diversified when attacking and the same with the passing. The mentality is here very offensive.

Results: I just begon, so I can just tell this: 15/21

I stopped coaching Chelsea FC. I'm not a coach who will stay long, I want to rebuild things, making the impossible possible and start a nice project. I reached my goal with Chelsea, there were some problems. The season before I wasn't yet the coach of Chelsea, there were 15th. I stayed 2 years and with not a world team I made them a team for the top 5. I'm not looking to win trophies. You can see that with my new team:

RSC Anderlecht - 3-5-2 system
I'm still thinking if I'm satisfied with the instructions and tactics. I'm building first my team, I have time because I'm in 4th division :).

The longest team of me:
Manchester United with 436 games (reached 1192 points)

What in the hell is a setter and short cover 

Hi all! I face an unbeaten manchester united  side with an average rating of 93 playing a 4-2-3-1(b) formation. Meanwhile my side has an average rating of 92.

How do i counter the formation?

The opponent uses the following tactics:

Tackling Style Hard
Mentality V.Defensive
Passing Style Direct
Attacking Style Mixed
Tempo Fast
Pressing

Own Half

I'm also going to ask something.

I face an unbeaten FC Barcelona (60/60) side with an average of 94 playing a 3-1-4-2 formation. My side has an average rating of 91.

How can I do something with my little chance to this FC Barcelona ?

Tackling style                                    Normal

Mentality                                            V.Attacking

Passing style                                    Mixed

Attacking style                                 Mixed

Tempo                                               Fast

Pressing                                            Everywhere on the field

My team that I start with is (Tottenham Hotspur, 2nd) :

Lloris

Walker, Alderweireld, Vertonghen, Digne/Marcelo

Wanyama, Matuidi

Mahrez, Mkhitaryan, Payet

R.Lukaku

The rest of my selection:

Loris Karius, Sime Vrsaljko, Kalidou Koulibaly, Aymeric Laporte, Joël Matip, Kevin Wimmer, Eric Dier, Moussa Dembélé, Marcelo Brozovic, Philippe Coutinho, Erik Lamela, Yannick Carrasco, H-M Son, Alexandre Lacazette and Clinton N'Jie

On ‎10‎/‎12‎/‎2016 at 1:54 AM, tupac_healy said:

Strange... I could never get long term results using 4231.... 

Most consistent results I've found to be using 433B, go on the attack as well, give it 5-10 games and you will see a serious improvment in your results....

All of course depending on how good your players are! 

I'm playing with one team 4-2-3-1. That's almost 2 seasons with that system. I'm 2nd with Tottenham now