Counter formations

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: Counter formations Updated Version!!!: In my experience at managing and also general comprehension of tactics, I think that: To counter 4-4-2, I would use 3-4-2-1 with diagonal arrows on player

In this thread I will tell you which formations counter which. This is a simple, down to earth thread, easy for everyone to use. Enjoy

Re: Counter formations Well the 4-2-3-1 formation may be very strong, but one thing a team needs is good full backs to make it strong. Worse if the person uses counter attacks, because it leaves it v

Posted Images

Re: Counter formations

looking at how to counter a 3-5-2:

4-5-1 gets battered in my experience, same numbers in midfield. 3 at the back more than enough to prevent your CF from having any space and 2 up top instead of one for them.

i was thinking 3-4-3 maybe? you loose out in midfield but maybe the fact you have still 4 players in midfield but 3 players upfront against 3 defenders, they could well struggle?

any thoughts?

3-4-2-1 makes me think similar, except it allows more players to drop into midfield

looking at how to counter a 3-5-2:

4-5-1 gets battered in my experience' date=' same numbers in midfield. 3 at the back more than enough to prevent your CF from having any space and 2 up top instead of one for them.

i was thinking 3-4-3 maybe? you loose out in midfield but maybe the fact you have still 4 players in midfield but 3 players upfront against 3 defenders, they could well struggle?

any thoughts?

3-4-2-1 makes me think similar, except it allows more players to drop into midfield[/quote']

Hmmm I see your point.

4-2-3-1? You have enough players going forwards as players defending so would work IMO

5-3-2? Your 3 CB take care of their 2 forwards, 3CM match their 3 CM, 2 wingbacks match their 2 Wingers and u also have 2 forwards.

Just my opinions :)

Hmmm I see your point.

4-2-3-1? You have enough players going forwards as players defending so would work IMO

5-3-2? Your 3 CB take care of their 2 forwards' date=' 3CM match their 3 CM, 2 wingbacks match their 2 Wingers and u also have 2 forwards.

Just my opinions :)[/quote']

i lost with a 4-2-3-1 before so i won't try that again. i thought it would work but obviously try other solutions first.

5-3-2 is a good formation but dosn't suit my team as much, ill have a look at it though and try work my players into / around it :)

3-2-2-2-1 with an arrow on one forward back to the cm's .

3 at the back for their 2.

plenty in midfield but 3 forwards potentially to cause problems?

think i might try this...

I need some help in here. I'm going to play against the team in 1st place and im 3rd, and my promotion depends on this match. What instructions would you guys recommend against 3-5-2, im planing on using 4-3-3 wingers.

Thanks

I need some help in here. I'm going to play against the team in 1st place and im 3rd' date=' and my promotion depends on this match. What instructions would you guys recommend against 3-5-2, im planing on using 4-3-3 wingers.

Thanks[/quote']

depends massively on your team. need to do some of it yourself.

http://forum.soccermanager.com/showpost.php?p=1575031&postcount=44

look at post 44 / that link onwards. can't just give people every detail otherwise you may as well give me the password and e-mail and let me have the team!

I'll get great teams in the next rounds with my Bayern Munich, is almost all of my opponents are using 3-5-2 counter-attack, with the following characteristics:

Attack Style: On the Way.

Passing Style: Straight

Press: In Intermediate

Speed: Normal

Dial Style: Hard

Counter Attack, Varsity Blues, Use and Use of Reference Man Owner.

What would be the best tactic to defeat this attack against the 3-5-2?

I thank those who respond, :D

I'll get great teams in the next rounds with my Bayern Munich' date=' is almost all of my opponents are using 3-5-2 counter-attack, with the following characteristics:

Attack Style: On the Way.

Passing Style: Straight

Press: In Intermediate

Speed: Normal

Dial Style: Hard

Counter Attack, Varsity Blues, Use and Use of Reference Man Owner.

What would be the best tactic to defeat this attack against the 3-5-2?

I thank those who respond, :D[/quote']

if you look on the first page of the thread it says 4-3-3 wingers.

look at post 44 / that link onwards. can't just give people every detail otherwise you may as well give me the password and e-mail and let me have the team!

I just used the instructions i used to use with 3-5-2 and applied them to the 4-3-3 wingers, it worked great since i won 4-0, had 62% position and the most important thing im in 1st place now. Now if i win the next match i will be the champion.

I just used the instructions i used to use with 3-5-2 and applied them to the 4-3-3 wingers' date=' it worked great since i won 4-0, had 62% position and the most important thing im in 1st place now. Now if i win the next match i will be the champion.[/quote']

This.

Besides, when you play this game for awhile, you'll realize that what works for one team may not work at all for another.

This thread needs reviving.

I was wondering can a 4-4-2 diamond counter a 3-5-2.

Maybe... I'll try it :)

I would like to thank you Hyina. After three consecutive losses I decided to resort to your counter formations and by god did it work. I picked up a fantastic 5-0 victory. So once again thank you. I shall use this more often me thinks.

Thanks! ;)