Counter formations

Hyina

Re: Counter formations

Nice thread mate, thanks for the effort.

After some extensive reading I'm testing the tips out tomorrow night as my Sevilla side needs to stop slipping up and conceding silly goals.

Playing against a 442 Stuttgart tomorrow night, so have adopted the 352 approach. I don't have problems scoring but despite having 20+ shots, my conversion is poor and the defenders get caught short.

I'll post and let you know how I get on. Here goes nothing.

Thanks again mate

i had a pretty much dream team' date=' in good form with 4-5-1 and seem to be doing well at it. a 4-3-3 normal came up i got hammered.

goes to suggest 4-5-1 is definately not a counter for this formation. going to try a 3-5-2 on it, but i dont think 4-5-1 works in my experience.[/quote']

Sorry :(

I've tried 3-5-2 against 4-3-3 and works very well, so I'll change 4-5-1 to 3-5-2.

But perhaps a better option would be 4-2-3-1, I've won pretty much every game I played with that formation against 4-3-3

Sorry :(

I've tried 3-5-2 against 4-3-3 and works very well' date=' so I'll change 4-5-1 to 3-5-2.

But perhaps a better option would be 4-2-3-1, I've won pretty much every game I played with that formation against 4-3-3[/quote']

i used my 3-5-2 the next game against another 4-3-3.

it did very well :)

so 4-3-3 or 4-2-3-1 would be good counters i think :)

proving to be a good thread !

Guest <klhepworth.

what should i use against a 3-5-2 ' date=' i thought a 4-3-3 wld work well cause of the 3 defenders but it seems like what u guys are telling me is that it doesnt work well, so what should i play against a 3-5-2[/quote']

I normally use a 4-4-1-1, most of the time it gets the result:)

hes playing defensive as well' date=' should i keep it normal or do attacking with this formation?[/quote']

IMO play attacking. If he is playing defensive then you want to put as much pressure on his back four and the rest of his team as possible. The more chances you create the more chance you have of scoring.

So I've looked through 10 or so pages from this thread and I couldn't find any success stories on countering a 4-5-1. I know it says 3-2-2-1 in the first page but I've been leaning towards a 5-3-2. I should add that his average rating is a little more than a point above mine.

Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

So I've looked through 10 or so pages from this thread and I couldn't find any success stories on countering a 4-5-1. I know it says 3-2-2-1 in the first page but I've been leaning towards a 5-3-2. I should add that his average rating is a little more than a point above mine.

3-5-2 is my favourite against this. works very well when i used 4-5-1 the 3-5-2 won everytime even though i have a dream team.

3-5-2 is my favourite against this. works very well when i used 4-5-1 the 3-5-2 won everytime even though i have a dream team.

Thanks RIY. I went through with the 5-3-2 yesterday and lost 3 - 1. However, my opponent had changed his formation to a 4-2-2 with both wingers pushing up.

Thanks RIY. I went through with the 5-3-2 yesterday and lost 3 - 1. However' date=' my opponent had changed his formation to a 4-2-2 with both wingers pushing up.[/quote']

I recently played a team that was almost the same team avg. rating as mine away from home, I played 4-5-1 he played 3-5-2, I won 5-3! Maybe 4-5-1 counters 3-5-2?

is there a formation recommended for playing against unmanaged teams as there formation could be any of 4-3-3, 4-5-1, 4-4-2.

3-5-2 would be ok against the 4-5-1/4-4-2 but could be turned over easily by the 4-3-3.

So would anyone think of a formation that could counter all 3

is there a formation recommended for playing against unmanaged teams as there formation could be any of 4-3-3' date=' 4-5-1, 4-4-2.

3-5-2 would be ok against the 4-5-1/4-4-2 but could be turned over easily by the 4-3-3.

So would anyone think of a formation that could counter all 3[/quote']

Have a look through this mate :)

Thanks RIY. I went through with the 5-3-2 yesterday and lost 3 - 1. However' date=' my opponent had changed his formation to a 4-2-2 with both wingers pushing up.[/quote']

4-4-2 you mean?

3-5-2 usually counters that.

I recently played a team that was almost the same team avg. rating as mine away from home' date=' I played 4-5-1 he played 3-5-2, I won 5-3! Maybe 4-5-1 counters 3-5-2?[/quote']

hmm in my experience 3-5-2 is better than 4-5-1. but the match engine does vary obviously for teams, otherwise it would just be boring !

you need to make decisions by yourself as armpage / name is similar to something like that said before :)