Hyina

Counter formations

Re: Counter formations

Is it better to customize your tactics to fit your team' date=' or customize your team to fit your tactics?

:rolleyes::confused:[/color']

In the evolution of a team you first:

You customize your tactics to fit your team unless it has a known weakness to your opponents.

then as you do transfers etc

customize your team to fit your tactics unless it has a known weakness to your opponents.

Is it better to customize your tactics to fit your team' date=' or customize your team to fit your tactics?

:rolleyes::confused:[/color']

From what i observe till now is that iit's better to customize your team to fit your tactics (i have 3 and half year here), i only customize my tactics to fit my team when i cant find the proper players for my tactics (that happen alot in full GW)

Thanks repped where I could.

One last thing ive been at one of my teams for over 700 games and recently been on a long "poor" streak. Any advice welcome

Keepers: Ter Stegen and Costil

Defenders: Boateng, Ivanovic, Bonucci, Verthongen, Alba, Rakitskiy, Otamendi, De Vrij

Midfielders: Matuidi, Henrik, Asamoah, Kouyate, Camacho, Eriksen, Neustader

Wingers: Lamela, Hazard, Muniain, Turan, Koke, Sigurdsson, Herrmann

Forwards: Ba, Mandzukic, Martinez

Currently playing a 4-4-1-1

Very Attacking

Fast Tempo

Short Passing

Playmaker and Target Man

Tight marking, Men behind ball and Offside trap

Captain: Bonucci (Does this even have an effect on results?)

Target Man & Penalty's: Manzukic

Free Kicks & Playmaker: Hazard

Corners: Asamoah

One last thing ive been at one of my teams for over 700 games and recently been on a long "poor" streak. Any advice welcome

Defenders: Boateng' date=' Ivanovic, Bonucci, Verthongen, Alba, Rakitskiy, Otamendi, De Vrij

Very Attacking

Fast Tempo

Short Passing

Playmaker and Target Man

Corners: Asamoah[/color']

Glaring player Weakness-keepers

Glaring Tactical weaknes- Very attacking mentality with men behind the ball (as soon as they lose the ball they drop back behind it), tight marking (man mark) and offside (mark a zone) at the same time?!

Fast tempo results in faster movement of the ball but you can lose it faster if the other side has better defenders. Is the distance in your formation short between players to encourage short passing especially as you are playing through a playmaker and target man?

And I am just repeating Hyina's advice he gave to me about 12 mins ago :P

I doubt very much...

Glaring player Weakness-keepers

Glaring Tactical weaknes- Very attacking mentality with men behind the ball (as soon as they lose the ball they drop back behind it)' date=' tight marking (man mark) and offside (mark a zone) at the same time?!

Fast tempo results in faster movement of the ball but you can lose it faster if the other side has better defenders. Is the distance in your formation short between players to encourage short passing especially as you are playing through a playmaker and target man?

And I am just repeating Hyina's advice he gave to me about 12 mins ago :P

I doubt very much...[/quote']

Thanks

:P

Keepers are basically impossible to sign these days, Ter has a rating under 7 :eek:

Offside trap isnt zonal marking is it? I thought it was just that the defenders will look to play the forwards offside when passes are made.

i dont know why SM doesnt just keep the universal names of tactics :rolleyes:

So if i go all out att, i must take off men behind ball?

Yeah, but im experimenting with the passing always used to be mixed :)

Defenders: Boateng' date=' Ivanovic, Bonucci, Verthongen, Alba, Rakitskiy, Otamendi, De Vrij

Very Attacking

Fast Tempo

Short Passing

Playmaker and Target Man

Firstly nice squad.

I'd be inclined to setup in a 4-2-3-1.

Ter Stegen

Ivanvoic, Bonucci, Vertonghen, Alba

Matuidi, Asamoah

Lamela, Hazard, Turan

Mandzukic

Play defensive, direct, normal everything else and mixed passing.

Counter attack, tight marking, pressing all over, men behind the ball.

Playmaker Hazard

Target man Mandzukic

Firstly nice squad.

I'd be inclined to setup in a 4-2-3-1.

Ter Stegen

Ivanvoic' date=' Bonucci, Vertonghen, Alba

Matuidi, Asamoah

Lamela, Hazard, Turan

Mandzukic

Play defensive, direct, normal everything else and mixed passing.

Counter attack, tight marking, pressing all over, men behind the ball.

Playmaker Hazard

Target man Mandzukic[/quote']

Thanks mate, ill give it a bash for Saturdays game

:)

Is there anywhere on this site that explains exactly what each of the team instructions options does? How best to make use of arrows and the role of captains?

Im embarking on a new season with my best squad yet and want to know exactly what the tactics do.

:) Thanks

Is there anywhere on this site that explains exactly what each of the team instructions options does? How best to make use of arrows and the role of captains?

Im embarking on a new season with my best squad yet and want to know exactly what the tactics do.

:) Thanks

http://forum.soccermanager.com/showthread.php?t=15706&page=16

http://forum.soccermanager.com/showthread.php?t=120026

http://forum.soccermanager.com/showthread.php?t=106568

Very Attacking

Fast Tempo

Short Passing

Playmaker and Target Man

I dont think there needs to be too much change. Just uncheck the tight marking, men behind ball and offside trap options and play counter attacking football instead. Keep the rest as it is, should work fine with 4411 imo. :)

4-3-3 wing seems to have really lost its prowess in countering 3-5-2 for me.

I went defensive, counter attacking away to almost identical attacking 3-5-2s and I drew the first 1-1 and the second lost 2-1 although both I was dominated on possession and that seems to be the key statistic to get control of to win.

Has anyone else experienced this or are my tactics perhaps slightly off. Maybe I should have gone attacking I don't know, or put arrows on the wingers. I had normal pressing, mixed passing. After 60 minutes I switched to 4-2-4 and later 3-3-4 very attacking, high pressing, long ball attacking down flanks but the game pattern never really changed for both games.

Any opinions would be appreciated thanks.

Can someone please help me with a succesfull formation and instructions for my Man United :

De Gea

Ter Stegen

Evra

Vermaelen

Vidal

Vidic

Hummels

Höwedes

Rafael

Nastasic

Jones

Bender S

Bender L

Kroos

Alcantara

Jovetic

Schürrle

Rooney

Gomez

Dzeko

I was doing great untill now with 4-3-3wingers ( in 1st place ,with a couple of points in front of the competition),but now have lost 5 out of 6 games !)

I really want to win the title this season ,with only 12 games to go it really is going to be a close call ( currently at 1st position because of a higher goalratio...)

Thanks

Well i'm not an expert here but you went attacking but with a pretty defensive setup. 4-5-1 with two of your centre mids running back doesn't leave you with much to attack with when you have got the ball and when playing short passing you probably want less of a gap between your midfielders and forward/s in general.

Here I thought it might be because you attacked through the middle and the 4-2-3-1 is very strong through the middle with the holding mids protecting the back four. Their effective 5 man midfield can control possession and with your RM and LM tracking back you leave a big gap between your defence and attack which they can exploit. When you play direct you are giving the ball back to them more quickly as well which enhances their possession further given you haven't got enough players forward to press and win it back quickly.

Looking at the teams another problem is they have a much better lineup. Their higher rated players can outplay your lower rated players, so I would have recommended either a defensive setup or maybe a lineup to outdo them in the middle like 4-1-3-2. Just a few ideas, i'm still learning everyday myself though.

Riferimento: Re: Counter formations

Well i'm not an expert here but you went attacking but with a pretty defensive setup. 4-5-1 with two of your centre mids running back doesn't leave you with much to attack with when you have got the ball and when playing short passing you probably want less of a gap between your midfielders and forward/s in general.

According to what you say Chelsea should be without midfielders: n° 6 running back and others two goes ahead. Despite all, they won ball possession.

When the arrow is back, in defensive phase your midfield retreats, when put arrow ahead, in attack phase two centre mids support the forward.

Re: Riferimento: Re: Counter formations

According to what you say Chelsea should be without midfielders: n° 6 running back and others two goes ahead. Despite all' date=' they won ball possession.

When the arrow is back, in defensive phase your midfield retreats, when put arrow ahead, in attack phase two centre mids support the forward.[/quote']

It was almost 50/50, but to be honest I think you probably are right. I don't tend to use arrows because i've never been confident with exactly what the consequences are.

I've got a big game coming up against the league leaders with one of my teams, similar starting XI average and could use some advice with this.

They nearly always go 3-5-2 attacking, normal tempo, mixed passing, press own area, sometimes use playmaker, but often not. No other boxes ticked for tactics.

I've noticed the one time they struggled this season (they've won all but one game so far quite early in the season and it is reasonably competitive in the league) was when they were countered with high pressing and attacking tactics. I was thinking of going 4-2-3-1 with arrows (going to try them) forward on fullbacks and diagonal on wingers. Attacking mentality, press all over, attack down both flanks, mixed passing, counter attack.

I wondered if anyone had any better ideas that could help me or ways to change my current approach. Thanks.

Offside trap isnt zonal marking is it? I thought it was just that the defenders will look to play the forwards offside when passes are made.

i dont know why SM doesnt just keep the universal names of tactics :rolleyes:

So if i go all out att' date=' i must take off men behind ball?

Yeah, but im experimenting with the passing always used to be mixed :)[/color']

From my observations:

Only use 'Offside Trap' with 'Attacking' mentality as it implies the defensive line moving forward with a high line. Also 'Press All Over' is a good call with both.

'Men Behind Ball' means all 10 players will fall back 'behind' the ball to their own half and leave their opponent in possession in their own half. So, it doesn't make sense to use it with 'Press All Over' or 'Offside Trap' for example.

Only use 'Very Defensive' or 'Very Attacking' in a 75 minute change in very important matches (and usually Cup games not League) because it is very risky. Also when using them, make sure the tactic reflect that (more forwards or more defenders accordingly).

Re: Riferimento: Re: Counter formations

It was almost 50/50' date=' but to be honest I think you probably are right. I don't tend to use arrows because i've never been confident with exactly what the consequences are.

I've got a big game coming up against the league leaders with one of my teams, similar starting XI average and could use some advice with this.

They nearly always go 3-5-2 attacking, normal tempo, mixed passing, press own area, sometimes use playmaker, but often not. No other boxes ticked for tactics.

I've noticed the one time they struggled this season (they've won all but one game so far quite early in the season and it is reasonably competitive in the league) was when they were countered with high pressing and attacking tactics. I was thinking of going 4-2-3-1 with arrows (going to try them) forward on fullbacks and diagonal on wingers. Attacking mentality, press all over, attack down both flanks, mixed passing, counter attack.

I wondered if anyone had any better ideas that could help me or ways to change my current approach. Thanks.[/quote']

4132 worked for me against an even side.