Counter formations

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: Counter formations Updated Version!!!: In my experience at managing and also general comprehension of tactics, I think that: To counter 4-4-2, I would use 3-4-2-1 with diagonal arrows on player

In this thread I will tell you which formations counter which. This is a simple, down to earth thread, easy for everyone to use. Enjoy

Re: Counter formations Well the 4-2-3-1 formation may be very strong, but one thing a team needs is good full backs to make it strong. Worse if the person uses counter attacks, because it leaves it v

Posted Images

Riferimento: Re: Riferimento: Re: Riferimento: Re: Riferimento: Counter formations

not too sure if player match fitness has much to do with results' date=' but I think if you have a team filled with match fit players and counter the own half press which the unmanaged teams employ you get good results over time.

if the goalkeeper is the man of the match, it means you should have won but was unlucky I guess....did you use subs to try and freshen up your match day 11?

I try to use atleast two subs per game and they almost always reward me with a goal/assist.

this season I am using three formations with my Sheffield utd team.

4-3-3 wingers at home.

4-2-3-1 away and 3-5-2 for the cup games.

results have been decent enough. i will admit I don`t know it all, i just suggest what has worked for me.

so I will press all over with hard tackle at home, fast tempo use target man and playmaker, play offside then at 45mins, I tackle normal, tempo normal add counter attack and my play style is now down both flanks with my wide men as playmaker and target man with over lapping full backs.

at 60mins,it`s back to attacking style mixed, playmaker is the deep midfielder and the target man is the center forward and I use subs.

I have not won the league yet, came 2nd on goals scored, but so far this season, i`m on top after 25 games by 8pts.[/quote']

I won 2-1 with my old tactic for the first 45 min and your tactic if I tie or lose from 45 min to 90, not cause i dont trust your advice, but beacuse every time i got advices from this forum and i took the advices i lost miserably..

I try these tactics with cpu next matches

another question, your last tactics (the ones i quote) are for your formations (4-3-3 or 4-2-3-1) or for any (es.3-5-2?)

and away what s your tactic? and at 60 away?

thanks

Re: Riferimento: Re: Riferimento: Re: Riferimento: Re: Riferimento: Counter formation

I won 2-1 with my old tactic for the first 45 min and your tactic if I tie or lose from 45 min to 90' date=' not cause i dont trust your advice, but beacuse every time i got advices from this forum and i took the advices i lost miserably..

I try these tactics with cpu next matches

another question, your last tactics (the ones i quote) are for your formations (4-3-3 or 4-2-3-1) or for any (es.3-5-2?)

and away what s your tactic? and at 60 away?

thanks[/quote']

try them in friendlies (the tactics)

I mean you wont get away games unless it`s against another managed club, who invites you....but use home friendlies to get your tactics right.

I know it`s not about trust but if you feel comfortable in using them.

I use 4-3-3 wingers at home, I tackle hard to begin, then go to normal from 45mins till the end, pressing is all over, tempo is fast then normal....so having a fit squad is important.

I use 4-2-3-1 away I tackle normal then go to hard at 60mins.

pressing is all over, tempo is fast to normal eventually at 60mins.

both formations, home or away I employ attack down both flanks from 45mins to 60mins,then I go back to mixed attacking style after 60mins on both formations.

the 3-5-2, I have not used it much before this season.

used it in the cups and I have made one semi and I am set to play a final in the other.....to be honest, i`m very upset I did not go with my gut feeling and use my 4-3-3 in the semi that I lost.

if I`m the home team in the final I will go 4-3-3 wingers, away side 4-2-3-1.

as for my tactics for the 3-5-2,i use forward arrows on the wide players.

tackle hard, pressing allover, tempo fast, attacking style mixed, mentality attacking.

use playmaker....the deep midfielder.

use targetman.... 1 of the center forwards

play offside.

at 60mins I change my tempo to normal, tackle is normal, pressing is either own half if away or will stay as all over if home.

if I do go to own half, counter attack is employed and play offside is removed.

I also use subs, two minimum, but I mostly use three

Re: Counter formations

Hi guys, i want to counter 5-2-3. i use 4-3-3 but just won 2-1. my team is 94 and him is 90. any suggest?

my team :

INIESTA, Andrés M,AM(LC) 29 97

37.5M 5 Aug

TBd

ROONEY, Wayne AM©,F(RLC) 27 95

29.0M -

-

VAN PERSIE, Robin F(RLC) 29 95

27.0M -

-

VIDIĆ, Nemanja D© 31 95

27.9M -

-

CASILLAS, Iker GK 32 95

24.0M 7 Aug

-

SCHWEINSTEIGER, Bastian DM,M,AM© 28 94

24.9M 6 Aug

Int

GÖTZE, Mario AM(RLC),F(RL) 21 93

25.3M 4 Aug

-

EVRA, Patrice D(L) 32 93

12.6M -

-

VALENCIA, Antonio D,DM,M,AM® 27 92

13.9M -

-

NANI, Luís AM,F(RL) 26 92

11.3M -

-

KHEDIRA, Sami DM,M© 26 92

14.4M 9 Aug

-

CARRICK, Michael DM,M© 31 92

10.6M -

-

PISZCZEK, Lukasz D,DM,M® 28 92

13.4M 5 Aug

-

ALBA, Jordi D,DM,M(L) 24 92

18.0M 7 Aug

-

KAGAWA, Shinji AM(RLC) 24 91

11.2M -

-

YOUNG, Ashley AM(RLC) 27 91

8.6M -

TrL

GIGGS, Ryan M,AM(LC) 39 91

3.7M -

Int

ALABA, David D,DM(L),M(LC) 20 91

23.4M 5 Aug

-

WELBECK, Danny AM(RL),F(RLC) 22 90

10.7M -

-

ISCO, Alarcón M©,AM(RLC) 21 90

11.5M 4 Aug

-

MOURA, Lucas AM(RLC),F(RL) 20 90

13.0M 5 Aug

-

THIAGO, Alcántara M,AM© 22 90

11.2M 9 Aug

TrL

FLETCHER, Darren M(RC) 29 90

5.1M -

-

BENDER, Sven DM,M© 24 90

8.3M 7 Aug

-

RAFAEL, Da Silva D,DM,M® 22 90

11.2M -

Int

EVANS, Jonny D(LC) 25 90

10.9M -

-

DE GEA, David GK 22 90

10.7M -

-

CLEVERLEY, Tom M,AM(RLC) 23 89

8.1M -

TrL

ANDERSON, Luis M© 25 89

6.9M -

-

JONES, Phil D(RC),DM© 21 89

8.6M -

-

SMALLING, Chris D(RC) 23 89

10.2M

no' date=' that restricts your attack.[/quote']

Hi ZlookVulk or anyone I need urgent help. I am in a very competitive game world & my squad is made of:

GK - Casillas, Ter Stegen

DEF - Pisczek, Chiellini, Pepe, Marcelo, Alba, Benatia & Dede

MID - Silva, Valencia, Montolivo, Song, Fellaini, De Jong & Reus

ATT - Aguero, Tevez, Hulk, Demba Ba & Jackson Martinez

What is the best formation & tactics to use having these players. About 3 weeks ago I was 1 but I lost all league matches till today and currently I'm in 6th place.

Should I go for defensive or attack mentality? I don't know what impact has this tactic on the game and which is best to use. Also should I attack down both flanks (attacking this way I don't now if its limits my attack force) or mixed? What tempo should I use slow, mixed or fast. Regarding the pressing I will go own half.

Most of the other managers use the 3-5-2 with hard tackling and attack mentality, with mixed passing & mixed attacking style.

Thanks in advance for your help really appreciate it :)

Hi ZlookVulk or anyone I need urgent help. I am in a very competitive game world & my squad is made of:

GK - Casillas' date=' Ter Stegen

DEF - Pisczek, Chiellini, Pepe, Marcelo, Alba, Benatia & Dede

MID - Silva, Valencia, Montolivo, Song, Fellaini, De Jong & Reus

ATT - Aguero, Tevez, Hulk, Demba Ba & Jackson Martinez

What is the best formation & tactics to use having these players. About 3 weeks ago I was 1 but I lost all league matches till today and currently I'm in 6th place.

Should I go for defensive or attack mentality? I don't know what impact has this tactic on the game and which is best to use. Also should I attack down both flanks (attacking this way I don't now if its limits my attack force) or mixed? What tempo should I use slow, mixed or fast. Regarding the pressing I will go own half.

Most of the other managers use the 3-5-2 with hard tackling and attack mentality, with mixed passing & mixed attacking style.

Thanks in advance for your help really appreciate it :)[/quote']

442 diamond, short passing, fast tempo, mentality normal, counter attacking, use playmaker and keep the rest as default. No guarantee on the result though. :P

Hey guys, I always lose to this guy and I have a really important game coming up against him! he seems to win all the time and I could really use a bit of tactical advice because I am not the best tactically, what formation would you advise I use and playing styles etc? His team is 94/93 starting average and mine is 94 too. thanks!

r74qvr.jpg

Hey guys' date=' I always lose to this guy and I have a really important game coming up against him! he seems to win all the time and I could really use a bit of tactical advice because I am not the best tactically, what formation would you advise I use and playing styles etc? His team is 94/93 starting average and mine is 94 too. thanks!

[img']http://oi42.tinypic.com/r74qvr.jpg[/img]

play with 4-5-1 formation. defensive mentality. check men behind ball, play maker, also target man.

on formation, player number 6 give a back arrow to fill gap between your def and mid.

HOPE This help you !!!

Riferimento: Re: Riferimento: Re: Riferimento: Re: Riferimento: Re: Riferimento: Coun

try them in friendlies (the tactics)

I mean you wont get away games unless it`s against another managed club' date=' who invites you....but use home friendlies to get your tactics right.

I know it`s not about trust but if you feel comfortable in using them.

I use 4-3-3 wingers at home, I tackle hard to begin, then go to normal from 45mins till the end, pressing is all over, tempo is fast then normal....so having a fit squad is important.

I use 4-2-3-1 away I tackle normal then go to hard at 60mins.

pressing is all over, tempo is fast to normal eventually at 60mins.

both formations, home or away I employ attack down both flanks from 45mins to 60mins,then I go back to mixed attacking style after 60mins on both formations.

the 3-5-2, I have not used it much before this season.

used it in the cups and I have made one semi and I am set to play a final in the other.....to be honest, i`m very upset I did not go with my gut feeling and use my 4-3-3 in the semi that I lost.

if I`m the home team in the final I will go 4-3-3 wingers, away side 4-2-3-1.

as for my tactics for the 3-5-2,i use forward arrows on the wide players.

tackle hard, pressing allover, tempo fast, attacking style mixed, mentality attacking.

use playmaker....the deep midfielder.

use targetman.... 1 of the center forwards

play offside.

at 60mins I change my tempo to normal, tackle is normal, pressing is either own half if away or will stay as all over if home.

if I do go to own half, counter attack is employed and play offside is removed.

I also use subs, two minimum, but I mostly use three[/quote']

When i lose I always lose in this manner..

m9pwcm.png

2j0cvuw.png

dominated, his keeper 8 mine 6, him 3 shots 1 goal..

by the way my friend i tried your home 3-5-2 in friendly with one of the toughest cpu managed teams in my league with my 2nd team (rat. 91.5-92) and I found that worked good form 1st to 59th but at 60min with the change of attitude that you suggested I simply dominated and made 4 goals with a lot of chances.. Don t you think is better the 60min tactic and try to swap them?

2qu3ls6.png

I'm playing tomorrow away against ManU who uses this formation:

t83w8z.png

His instructions seem idiotic' date=' but he has an avg rating of 94 and I'm at 93. What tactics should I use?[/quote']

Because he has 5 man defence with a sweeper and just 3 man midfield.

I would suggest you play 5 man midfield and 2 up front.

play with 4 midfielders atleast and 2 up front. Use through the middle strategy, Use your target man and playmaker well by giving them set piece duties (Fks,Cks for Playmaker and penalties for target man)

I'm playing tomorrow away against ManU who uses this formation:

t83w8z.png

His instructions seem idiotic' date=' but he has an avg rating of 94 and I'm at 93. What tactics should I use?[/quote']

Use 3-4-3. He is pinned back in his area with the sweeper. He can hurt you most hitting the counter. 3-4-3 and use a defensive mentality. This doesn't seem you are going to be "parking the bus" by the way. It means you aren't going to be exposed going forward. Attack him down the flanks if your wingers are rated higher than his RB and LB or attack through middle if your midfielders are higher than his midfielders/CB. Otherwise, use a mixed attacking style. Press own half and hit all the boxes except offside trap. Counter is obvious, tight marking will check any counters, use your playmaker if you have a good one to flow play through, men behind the ball for your defensive mentality (very useful and doesn't leak goals), and target man if you have a good one to reference attacks. Passing style = short, to give you more possession and tackling = hard to win the midfield battle.

• What's the best counter for a 92 rated team that uses 3-2-2-1 & his instructions are:
  • Tackling Style, Tempo & Mentality are all normal.
  • Passing & Attacking style Mixed
  • Pressing - Own Half
  • Counter Attack : No, Tight Marking: No
  • Men Behind Ball : No, Play Offside :No
  • Use Play Maker: No
  • Use Target Man: No

My team is 91 rated also.

Thanks in advance. :)

Re: Riferimento: Re: Riferimento: Re: Riferimento: Re: Riferimento: Re: Riferimento:

When i lose I always lose in this manner..

m9pwcm.png

2j0cvuw.png

dominated' date=' his keeper 8 mine 6, him 3 shots 1 goal..

by the way my friend i tried your home 3-5-2 in friendly with one of the toughest cpu managed teams in my league with my 2nd team (rat. 91.5-92) and I found that worked good form 1st to 59th but at 60min with the change of attitude that you suggested I simply dominated and made 4 goals with a lot of chances.. Don t you think is better the 60min tactic and try to swap them?

[img']http://i40.tinypic.com/2qu3ls6.png[/img]

if I was using 3-5-2 for both away and home games, then I might use the after 60mins tactics to begin away games.

I like to press at home more to begin with tempo, tackling while with the away games I might just give a little more respect if that makes sense,then up the tempo and tackling.