Counter formations

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: Counter formations Updated Version!!!: In my experience at managing and also general comprehension of tactics, I think that: To counter 4-4-2, I would use 3-4-2-1 with diagonal arrows on player

In this thread I will tell you which formations counter which. This is a simple, down to earth thread, easy for everyone to use. Enjoy

Re: Counter formations Well the 4-2-3-1 formation may be very strong, but one thing a team needs is good full backs to make it strong. Worse if the person uses counter attacks, because it leaves it v

Posted Images

Re: Counter formations

3-2-2-2-1 counters 4-5-1 - I used this formation and got totally wrecked on Possesion stats, got beat 3-2 in the end but it was a game that should have been won. Ive used some of the counter formations a few times and tbh havent really noticed them working which is a shame because i can see a lot of time has went into the thread.

Hiya Lads.

I have been on SM since March and I mainly use 4231 with Lyon with a rating of 90. This has proved successful in way as I got 3rd in my first season but lost the playoff final. I also won a cup and got to a final and lost to Real Madrid which is no disgrace. On the way to both cup finals I beat mainly higher rated teams from the top division.

Tonight I play AC Milan in the Charity Shield and they are a mores uperior team and by the looks of things they will be playing a 352. I see most of you think a 4231 counters this with arrows on your wingers. I usually have arrows on the wingers but they are pointing inwards towards my CF,

Do you think I should just point them forward or leave them?

I play attacking , mixed passing , mixed style , hard tackling , fast tempo , pressing all over , counter attack , men behind the ball m use player maker and target man.

Thoughts?

Cheers .

How to counter the 4-2-4 formation?

Use 4-5-1. If he uses long ball, press all over and tick tight marking so they can´t play trough balls to their 4 forwards. Play short and slow to keep possession and trough the middle. Their 2 mids won´t be any match to your 5 mids. Instruct your wide mids to run to the middle.

Don´t you never use 3-5-2 against 4-2-4. They will trash you!

If you worried about his 4 forwards quality, use a 5-4-1 and the same instructuons listed above.

Hope you win:)

HOW TO COUNTER 4132 FORMATION

I have a decent team, but 7 games into the season and i still havent won a game yet. lost 5 and drew 2. out of the 7, only 2 had better teams than me. In the 7 games played, i have conceded 12 goals and scored 5, so i am guessing my attack in the problem.

My next opponent is most likely to play a 4132 formation. He team average is the same as mine, but my defence is slightly better than his whereas his attack is better than mine. He plays attacking mentality and fast tempo.

What formation and tactics should i play to win the match. I am guessing i should play some kind of attacking formation since my problem is that im not scoring enough goals.

heres my squad.

Roman Weidenfeller

Antonio valencia,

Alvaro Arbeloa,

Leonardo Bonucci,

Andrea Barzagli,

Per Mertersacker,

Ashley Cole,

Marcel Schmelzer,

Michael Carrick,

Frank Lampard,

Rafael Van der vaart,

Borges Willian,

Asamoah Kwadwo,

Ilkay gundogan,

Thomas Muller,

Fernando Torres and

Leo Baptistao

thats all the main players anyway.

His team can acvieve an average rating of 92 with an age of 27

Re: Counter formations contering 433w

Hi All' date=' has anyone had any consistent success with a counter for 4-3-3 wingers. Its one of the trickiest I have come across. I've had some success with 4-5-1 defensive and 5-4-1 but nothing consistent.

Thoughts anyone?[/quote']

Hiya.

Iam playing against this formation on Sunday. I think going back to last season I used a 4231 system with arrows on my two forward wide midfielders.

It makes sense to use 4231 as you have four against three at the back. Your two DM's counter his two attacking midfielders and when you break you have four against four.

I used a fast tempo , attacking , tight marking , men behind the ball , counter , playmaker and target man and mixked passing.

Iam by far the better on Sunday and his defence is poor so Iam thinking about going 424 to obliterate him.

Still not sure yet.

Hiya Lads.

I have been on SM since March and I mainly use 4231 with Lyon with a rating of 90. This has proved successful in way as I got 3rd in my first season but lost the playoff final. I also won a cup and got to a final and lost to Real Madrid which is no disgrace. On the way to both cup finals I beat mainly higher rated teams from the top division.

Tonight I play AC Milan in the Charity Shield and they are a mores uperior team and by the looks of things they will be playing a 352. I see most of you think a 4231 counters this with arrows on your wingers. I usually have arrows on the wingers but they are pointing inwards towards my CF' date='

Do you think I should just point them forward or leave them?

I play attacking , mixed passing , mixed style , hard tackling , fast tempo , pressing all over , counter attack , men behind the ball m use player maker and target man.

Thoughts?

Cheers .[/quote']

I got smashed 6 - 2.