Hyina

Counter formations

Re: Counter formations

I'm planning to play 4-5-1 with defensive mentality' date=' hard tackling, fast tempo plus counter attack, tight marking and pressing own half.

I often use 4-5-1 in difficult matches (unless opponent uses 4-2-3-1) because it's very solid formation. .

What do you think?[/quote']

i find that 4-5-1def, with long ball n through the middle is effective against 4231,

with normal instructions, 433wing can cope 451def, i dont recommend u to use that,

4-1-3-2 or 4-4-2 diamond is more effective against 433wing

nowadays,

match engine is very random,

i spend so much time to research the best tactic, to research my oppenent weakness, do a research the counter formation,

but its useless.

match engine is too random!

counter formation doesnt work anymore, player attributes in soccerwiki is useless.

just do 4-4-2

with all normal instructions

dont tick anything

its the best formation,

just change ur free kick n playmaker taker, but sometimes its useless,

in free kick, which goal opportunity is big in this game, even 83 rated players could make a goal against 93 rated goalkeeper.

match engine is broken

4-1-2-1-2

Tactics and arrows you think and decide

just do 4-4-2

with all normal instructions

dont tick anything

its the best formation' date='

just change ur free kick n playmaker taker, but sometimes its useless,

in free kick, which goal opportunity is big in this game, even 83 rated players could make a goal against 93 rated goalkeeper.

match engine is broken[/quote']

Thanks guys.

I've noticed weird results often happen but generally league table in my GW looks similar for years so there are some rules.

My favourite formations are 4-2-3-1, 4-5-1 and 3-5-2. Combining these three gives me good results. I've managed to be second with 90 rated team and first with 92 rated team a year later and my Porto always fights for the title thanks to these formations and proper instructions depending on opponent and current result(I change tactic several times during the match).

But surely you are right there were some changes in match engine. For example 3-5-2 is not as powerful as used to be.

The second thing is defensive mentality as more reliable than attacking. I think it wasn't alway like that.

4-3-3 wingers is for me the most difficult formation to play against and I also don't like to use it for my team. SMFA should delete it from SM, haha :)

Thanks guys.

I've noticed weird results often happen but generally league table in my GW looks similar for years so there are some rules.

My favourite formations are 4-2-3-1' date=' 4-5-1 and 3-5-2. Combining these three gives me good results. I've managed to be second with 90 rated team and first with 92 rated team a year later and my Porto always fights for the title thanks to these formations and proper instructions depending on opponent and current result(I change tactic several times during the match).

But surely you are right there were some changes in match engine. For example 3-5-2 is not as powerful as used to be.

The second thing is defensive mentality as more reliable than attacking. I think it wasn't alway like that.

4-3-3 wingers is for me the most difficult formation to play against and I also don't like to use it for my team. SMFA should delete it from SM, haha :)[/quote']

now the engine is somehow broken, if SM dont do something about this engine, then i think many players will lost the patience to play this game anymore.

just stick to your winning formation, no counter formations anymore, everything just going mess

now the engine is somehow broken' date=' if SM dont do something about this engine, then i think many players will lost the patience to play this game anymore.

just stick to your winning formation, no counter formations anymore, everything just going mess[/quote']

Do you know something about possible changes going to be made in match engine?

It would be great to make tactic more complicated and more predictable. Such as in reality: there are some teams which use usually one tactic and are good in some aspects e.g. defending deep, counter attack etc and it works especcially well against some teams whenever they compete with each other.

Some people say players' attributes influence the game but I haven't noticed it. However such influence would make SM better manager.

Do you know something about possible changes going to be made in match engine?

It would be great to make tactic more complicated and more predictable. Such as in reality: there are some teams which use usually one tactic and are good in some aspects e.g. defending deep' date=' counter attack etc and it works especcially well against some teams whenever they compete with each other.

Some people say players' attributes influence the game but I haven't noticed it. However such influence would make SM better manager.[/quote']

i hear that they are building new match engine, but i dont know exactly.

they applied more complicated things in single mode, bi hope they will apply it into multiplayer too.

nah, player attributes doesnt have any influence, forget about soccerwiki,

now, the interesting things about SM is rating evaluation only

if there is only 1 formation that wins it all then surely there must a formation that beats it. In football, tactics often go in cycles. Not long ago there was the tiki-taka, teams countered it by sitting deep and, if they are stronger or on par with the opposition, they hit them on the counter to try and win the match.

if there is the one and only winning formation then there is no point in playing the game.

if there is only 1 formation that wins it all then surely there must a formation that beats it. In football' date=' tactics often go in cycles. Not long ago there was the tiki-taka, teams countered it by sitting deep and, if they are stronger or on par with the opposition, they hit them on the counter to try and win the match.

if there is the one and only winning formation then there is no point in playing the game.[/quote']

The problem is :

1. Player attributes are useless, there is no point for us to join soccerwiki and vote, coz player attributes never changed, and if changed, it doesnt have any effect in engine

2. There is no counter formations, it is just random, no need to do research against opponent formation, stick with ur winning formation

3. Player ratings are useless, it is just for marketing price,

80 rated players can win 94 rated players many times, if u have luck.

4. Player fitness and morality is useless, they dont have any effect to win the game, but they effected on injury probability

5. Player instructions are broken too, random team that have use playmaker target man captain free kicks on one same low-rated player still can win the games.

Today, 352 might win against 442, but tommorow it changes and again, i dont seek for best formation, but at least there is more complicated things in match engine, not just make it random at all

Cheers :)

The problem is :

1. Player attributes are useless' date=' there is no point for us to join soccerwiki and vote, coz player attributes never changed, and if changed, it doesnt have any effect in engine

2. There is no counter formations, it is just random, no need to do research against opponent formation, stick with ur winning formation

3. Player ratings are useless, it is just for marketing price,

80 rated players can win 94 rated players many times, if u have luck.

4. Player fitness and morality is useless, they dont have any effect to win the game, but they effected on injury probability

5. Player instructions are broken too, random team that have use playmaker target man captain free kicks on one same low-rated player still can win the games.

Today, 352 might win against 442, but tommorow it changes and again, i dont seek for best formation, but at least there is more complicated things in match engine, not just make it random at all

Cheers :)[/quote']

A lot of what u point out K**** is very true. It COULD be a lot better. Having Messi in many cicumstances is not productive. Randomness, match ratings that don't reflect anything, morale & fitness are a joke at times, why have them?? An unfit, unmanaged, out of position side, that plays a tactic u beat THEM 6-0 away with can then beat you 0-2 at home. Too much randomness & not enough thought & don't get me onto rating increases & SW :(

BUT having said that I have managed 100+ trophies so overall something must be working.... :)

Riferimento: Counter formations

i need a help fot my next match next tuesday:

Final Champions SFMA:

This is the probably tattic of my opponent:

4231 generic, generic, short, down both flanks, generic, all over with counter attack and men behind the ball.

This is the tactic that i have yse along this season in cup and championship:

433 wingers generic, generic, mixed, mixed, generic, one half

at thr 60 minute:

352 generic, attacking, mixed, mixed, generic, one half with target man

My opponent is 92 as value of 11 players and i'm 91.

In your opinion i have possibility to win this final with my tactic?

Thanks in advance!!

Here screenshot about tactic of my opponent:

http://imgur.com/4WYLUjo

Here is my tactic:

http://imgur.com/Q1G119d

A lot of what u point out K**** is very true. It COULD be a lot better. Having Messi in many cicumstances is not productive. Randomness' date=' match ratings that don't reflect anything, morale & fitness are a joke at times, why have them?? An unfit, unmanaged, out of position side, that plays a tactic u beat THEM 6-0 away with can then beat you 0-2 at home. Too much randomness & not enough thought & don't get me onto rating increases & SW :(

BUT having said that I have managed 100+ trophies so overall something must be working.... :)[/quote']

u win a lot of trophies already, wow, thats awesome,

do u have any idea how to beat 433wing, with normal mentality, down both flanks, anything is normal/mixed, with use playmaker and target man?

i will play away, and we have same ratings - 92

i really need this win, 5 loses in 8 matches already, this is frustrating...

Whats the best formation to use against 433 (wingers) - I have the following players:

Reina

Agger (90)

Bonucci (92)

Godin (92)

Zabaleta (92)

Baines (90)

Criscito (90)

Pjanic (91)

Gundogan (91)

Khedira (92)

Lucas (90)

Sterling (89)

Arfa (89)

Schurrle (91)

Suarez (95)

Falcao (94)

Please help!

I don't really agree with posting squads in a thread which is specifically regarding counter formations. Also, the team selection isn't that relevant, it's not hard to pick the best players for their respective positions. It's the tactics which are most important.

It's not a dig at you personally, I'm annoyed at everyone who has done the same thing.

Vs 4-3-3 wingers I win a lot of games w/ 5-4-1

the team instructions are all normal/mixed

for playing style, I like 'counter attacks', 'men behind ball' & 'target man'

Riferimento: Counter formations

Hello guys

Saturday i have an important match against my rival for the 2nd place in our championship. I normally play with 3-5-2 with counter attack and using playmaker. Tackle hard, passing direct, fast tempo, attacking mentality, mixed attacking style and pressing all over. Average rating 90 and i will play home. My opposing play with 3-2-2-2-1 with average rating 92, in last match he used these tacticts: tackle hard, attacking mentality, short passing, mixed atttacking style, fast tempo and all over pressing; with ticks in all of 6 slot. He have by far the second best team in the league but i don't wanna give up, any kind of help is appreciated, thanks guys :)

Re: Riferimento: Counter formations

Hello guys

Saturday i have an important match against my rival for the 2nd place in our championship. I normally play with 3-5-2 with counter attack and using playmaker. Tackle hard' date=' passing direct, fast tempo, attacking mentality, mixed attacking style and pressing all over. Average rating 90 and i will play home. My opposing play with 3-2-2-2-1 with average rating 92, in last match he used these tacticts: tackle hard, attacking mentality, short passing, mixed atttacking style, fast tempo and all over pressing; with ticks in all of 6 slot. He have by far the second best team in the league but i don't wanna give up, any kind of help is appreciated, thanks guys :)[/quote']

counter formations are random actually, just use ur winning strategy,

but, if i were you, i will use defense mentality, since my team 2 point behind the opposing

also, dont use direct when u use fast tempo, it wont work well

i will use mixed, or at least long ball

and if you play defense mentality, dont use all over, just use own half

the rest i think wont be a problem

goodluck for you

which is the best formation nowadays to play against 4-2-3-1?

Cheers

from personal experience, 4-3-3 wingers consistently gets good results, 3-5-2 sometimes, and 5-4-1 if you really just dont want to lose but dont mind a draw. You'd probably still get a 1-0 win with 5-4-1.

Counter attacking/men behind ball/tight marking and use playmaker or targetman or both.

do NOT use offside.

I can't guarantee anything though.

In this thread I will tell you which formations counter which. This is a simple' date=' down to earth thread, easy for everyone to use.

Enjoy :)[/quote']

hi Hyina, i am a new player, and this thread looks amazing, but i cant see your original post, with all the counter tatics, why ?

can yo please explain me also, wich tactic to use against 3-4-2-1...

thx for the help

Hey guys i am managing anderlecht in my game world . i would like the help of some experts- my team as follows- gk- Thomas craft 87 Def( acc to positions from left to right)- L. De silvestri(88) K.Glik(89) R.Toloi(87) O.Sorg (87) Mid- A.Carrilo(88) S.Defour (89) Illaramendi(89) Att.Mid- M.Harnik(88) L.Schone(88) Striker- V.Ibisevic (88) SUBS- Mitrovic (87) Mbemba (87) Gillet(88) N.Saul(87) D.Deikemier (87) P.Leon (88) The formation that i am using is 4-3-2-1 But i am not getting wins only draws and losses for past few game weeks can anyone help me out?

Guys i need help' date='not sure what can counter 4-1-3-2 my overall rating is 89 and my opponent (Sunderland) overall rating is 87. Need suggestions asap guys...My game is in 2 days.[/quote']

in my game worlds,, there is a team always use 4132,, to win from this team use 433 winger... every team use 433 winger win aginst 4132

counter attact

tight marking

man behind ball

use target man (CF)

pressing: own area

tempo: normal

attacking style: mixed

passing style: mixed

mental: normal

tackling: hard