Hyina

Counter formations

1 hour ago, RoyalAguila said:

4321 strives by developing its game in the middle and abusing of central attacks. Keep a strong defensive wall in the middle combined with fast tempo and pressure all over to interfere with 4321 creating game... And make sure to attack on the flank(s),  which are very vulnerable in 4321... 

433 wingers is ideally suited against 4321.

Thank you m8

2 hours ago, RoyalAguila said:

4321 strives by developing its game in the middle and abusing of central attacks. Keep a strong defensive wall in the middle combined with fast tempo and pressure all over to interfere with 4321 creating game... And make sure to attack on the flank(s),  which are very vulnerable in 4321... 

433 wingers is ideally suited against 4321.

Completely agree.

I know it's only anecdotal, but a good example of this occurred for me on Saturday. My starting 11 were rated lower than my opponents, yet I played 4-3-3 (B) (attacking down flanks) against 4-3-2-1 (attacking through middle) and destroyed them 5-2. Despite conceding 5 goals, their keeper also had a match rating of 10, so i expect it could have been more. They were dominated in every stat.

Hi all,  I am hoping someone with more tactical experience than I can help me counter my nemesis who edit this season has changed his formation and tactics to the same as mine (433b, hard tackling, attacking, direct passing, pressing all over) and he has a superior team.

My squad (433b) is as follows:

Gk.            Courtois (93)

4:  Marquinhos(92), Varane(92), Martinez(92), Marcelo(94)

3.                     Kroos(95)

Vidal (94), Matuidi(93)

3. Isco (92)                               Moura (91)

Messi(99)

I do have Lukaku(92) who can only play f(c).

With Kroos being a playmaker, Messi being target man. Playing down both flanks.

Opponents squad(433b) is:

Gk.            Oblak (93)

4:  Ramos(92), Alaba(93), Pique(94), Hummels(94)

3.                     Modric(95)

De Bruyne (94), Silva(94)

3. Saurez (97)              Aubameyang (95)

Neymar(96)

Subs they have:

Ramos D(C) - 95

Hazard AM - 95

Sanchez AM - 94

Matic DM 93

Pogba M 93 and various other 92's and 91's.

His tactics are Hard, Attacking, Direct, Down both flanks, Fast, All Over.

So, I have tried numerous formations, 433b, 3421, 352, 541a and 4132 to no avail. 

So does anyone have any suggestions on what I could try?

Thanks and hope I made sense.

On 11/26/2017 at 2:16 AM, Chris Hancock said:

Hi all,  I am hoping someone with more tactical experience than I can help me counter my nemesis who edit this season has changed his formation and tactics to the same as mine (433b, hard tackling, attacking, direct passing, pressing all over) and he has a superior team.

My squad (433b) is as follows:

Gk.            Courtois (93)

4:  Marquinhos(92), Varane(92), Martinez(92), Marcelo(94)

3.                     Kroos(95)

Vidal (94), Matuidi(93)

3. Isco (92)                               Moura (91)

Messi(99)

I do have Lukaku(92) who can only play f(c).

With Kroos being a playmaker, Messi being target man. Playing down both flanks.

Opponents squad(433b) is:

Gk.            Oblak (93)

4:  Ramos(92), Alaba(93), Pique(94), Hummels(94)

3.                     Modric(95)

De Bruyne (94), Silva(94)

3. Saurez (97)              Aubameyang (95)

Neymar(96)

Subs they have:

Ramos D(C) - 95

Hazard AM - 95

Sanchez AM - 94

Matic DM 93

Pogba M 93 and various other 92's and 91's.

His tactics are Hard, Attacking, Direct, Down both flanks, Fast, All Over.

So, I have tried numerous formations, 433b, 3421, 352, 541a and 4132 to no avail. 

So does anyone have any suggestions on what I could try?

Thanks and hope I made sense.

Hi, there is a huge problem with the 4-3-3 B formation and that is the unpredictability that it posses it when playing against same formation, it's just anything can happen you may lose you may win, it doesn't depend on the teams strength but... there is one formation that can make 4-3-3 B huge problems and that is 4-2-3-1 B but even this doesn't guarantee you a win.... 

My next opponent uses 3-1-3-3 formation with his tactics as Normal marking, Attacking, Direct passes, Down the middle, Slow tempo, Own half.

What formation is suggested to counter him?

Edited by Orion

3 minutes ago, Orion said:

My next opponent uses 3-1-3-3 formation with his tactics as Normal marking, Attacking, Direct passes, Down the middle, Slow tempo, Own half.

What formation is suggested to counter him?

I am a little unsure. I only faced this type of team once, and I could not remember exactly the date, but I won that match.
I usually play in that situation with 5 midfielders. The only two options that are useful at the moment in counter the 3-1-3-3 are 4-5-1 (A or B). What is important to know is that you will need your best players on field, and the difference between using 4-5-1A or 4-5-1 B is made by the 11st player (is higher rated the DMC in 4-5-1B or the AMCin 4-5-1A).
The instructions are Mentality Normal or Attacking ; Normal tempo, Mixed passing, Attacking mixed (high intercept chances) and pressing own area (I think you don't want red cards or bad injuries for your players.)
I could not guarantee this counter formation works efficiently, but if your team is a little better or the same as the opponent, the chances are by your side.

5 minutes ago, Ziro said:

I am a little unsure. I only faced this type of team once, and I could not remember exactly the date, but I won that match.
I usually play in that situation with 5 midfielders. The only two options that are useful at the moment in counter the 3-1-3-3 are 4-5-1 (A or B). What is important to know is that you will need your best players on field, and the difference between using 4-5-1A or 4-5-1 B is made by the 11st player (is higher rated the DMC in 4-5-1B or the AMCin 4-5-1A).
The instructions are Mentality Normal or Attacking ; Normal tempo, Mixed passing, Attacking mixed (high intercept chances) and pressing own area (I think you don't want red cards or bad injuries for your players.)
I could not guarantee this counter formation works efficiently, but if your team is a little better or the same as the opponent, the chances are by your side.

Thank you! My opponent uses Screenshot_2018-01-30-23-37-59.thumb.png.f545e3ef149df62054d32392ef053842.pngChelsea with its default players (it's a new game world). I posted a screenshot of my lineup using the 4-5-1a formation.

Any formation counter 4231A? I will play vs Napoli with this formation:

Reina

Hysaj   Koulibaly  Umititi  Alex Sandro 

Allan     Hamsik

Mertens     Jorginho    Callejón

Insigne

Tackling Style Normal
Mentality Normal
Passing Style Mixed
Attacking Style Mixed
Tempo Normal
Pressing Own Half

My team is Liverpool with the default squad more Alisson Becker, Sergi Roberto, Modric and Chiellini and mi formation is

4231B

Alisson

Roberto   Clyne    Van Dijk   Chiellini

Henderson    Can

Salah            Modric          Mané

Firmino    

Tackling Style     Hard

Mentality     Attacking

Passing Style    Direct

Attacking Style    Down Both Flanks

Tempo       Fast

Pressing     All Over

Counter Attack, use playmaker (Modric) and use target man.

Thanks, mates!

On 11 de janeiro de 2018 at 5:55 PM, genigen said:

Hi, there is a huge problem with the 4-3-3 B formation and that is the unpredictability that it posses it when playing against same formation, it's just anything can happen you may lose you may win, it doesn't depend on the teams strength but... there is one formation that can make 4-3-3 B huge problems and that is 4-2-3-1 B but even this doesn't guarantee you a win.... 

Do you think the 4231 B is the best tactic to face 433 B?

If so, what indications do you suggest for tactics?

Attack by the flanks for example to counteract the 433 B that leaves some spaces in the lateral corridors? Attack arrows of the side defenses and the middle wings?

Not wanting to open up confusion, what do you think of the 4-4-2 B, with attacks by the flanks, and arrows of attack in the lateral defenses and the medium wings? I do not want to condition your opinion with this question.

I would like your opinion and the opinion of other users. ( @Ziro, @tupac_healy, @RoyalAguila, @Hfazil, @Salty )

Thank you very much.

8 hours ago, andre.silvaduarte@hotmail.com said:

Attack by the flanks for example to counteract the 433 B that leaves some spaces in the lateral corridors? Attack arrows of the side defenses and the middle wings?

Not wanting to open up confusion, what do you think of the 4-4-2 B, with attacks by the flanks, and arrows of attack in the lateral defenses and the medium wings? I do not want to condition your opinion with this question.

I would like your opinion and the opinion of other users. ( @Ziro, @tupac_healy, @RoyalAguila, @Hfazil, @Salty )

Thank you very much.

I play every time 4-3-3B down both flanks, with arrows on players 10, 11 and no other arrows used. Since i wrote this i had many matches with strong opponents, and i can tell the duel 4-3-3B vs 4-3-3B its a luck game, no body will dominate no one, it will only matter which team is more efficient. 

The 4-4-2 B is a good formation, in fact a very good formation. If your team starts to get used to it, and it gets more chemistry with the players, you can even maybe win the league with it. But 4-4-2 B must have the perfectly shaped players for it, and always use the down both flanks tactic, with arrows on the wider wings as well. Then again its not stronger then 4-3-3B but you can give it a try.

6 hours ago, genigen said:

I play every time 4-3-3B down both flanks, with arrows on players 10, 11 and no other arrows used. Since i wrote this i had many matches with strong opponents, and i can tell the duel 4-3-3B vs 4-3-3B its a luck game, no body will dominate no one, it will only matter which team is more efficient. 

The 4-4-2 B is a good formation, in fact a very good formation. If your team starts to get used to it, and it gets more chemistry with the players, you can even maybe win the league with it. But 4-4-2 B must have the perfectly shaped players for it, and always use the down both flanks tactic, with arrows on the wider wings as well. Then again its not stronger then 4-3-3B but you can give it a try.

Thanks for your help.

But my biggest question is what is the best tactic to counter the 4-3-3 B?

Do you think it will be 4-2-3-1 B? Or the 4-4-2 B?

Thank you very much.

21 hours ago, andre.silvaduarte@hotmail.com said:

Thank you very much.

This is just my own personal point of view, but 442b is not a formation I could ever get consistent results with...

Right now 433b is absolutely on fire for me, I'm switching  to a 352 formation at 60 mins and I'm having the best season I've had in a long long time in a very competitive GW...

Back to your original question, 442b as a counter.... Again, this is just my own experience but I've noticed that teams playing 4222 seems to get results vs 433b....

Best of luck with it 

On 06/03/2018 at 5:48 PM, puma1994 said:

Any formation counter 4231A? I will play vs Napoli with this formation:

Reina

Hysaj   Koulibaly  Umititi  Alex Sandro 

Allan     Hamsik

Mertens     Jorginho    Callejón

Insigne

Tackling Style Normal
Mentality Normal
Passing Style Mixed
Attacking Style Mixed
Tempo Normal
Pressing Own Half

My team is Liverpool with the default squad more Alisson Becker, Sergi Roberto, Modric and Chiellini and mi formation is

4231B

Alisson

Roberto   Clyne    Van Dijk   Chiellini

Henderson    Can

Salah            Modric          Mané

Firmino    

Tackling Style     Hard

Mentality     Attacking

Passing Style    Direct

Attacking Style    Down Both Flanks

Tempo       Fast

Pressing     All Over

Counter Attack, use playmaker (Modric) and use target man.

Thanks, mates!

To counter I'd go with 433b! 

9 hours ago, tupac_healy said:

This is just my own personal point of view, but 442b is not a formation I could ever get consistent results with...

Right now 433b is absolutely on fire for me, I'm switching  to a 352 formation at 60 mins and I'm having the best season I've had in a long long time in a very competitive GW...

Back to your original question, 442b as a counter.... Again, this is just my own experience but I've noticed that teams playing 4222 seems to get results vs 433b....

Best of luck with it 

Thanks a lot for the help.

Can you tell me what instructions you give in 433B, so I can try it too? Do you use attack arrows in some players?

I was curious, and indeed it is difficult to counteract this tactic. I have already seen a team in a WG using the 442A with good results with the 433B, but I think the difference is the excellent players this 442A has (95+).

Thank you.

2 hours ago, andre.silvaduarte@hotmail.com said:

Thanks a lot for the help.

Can you tell me what instructions you give in 433B, so I can try it too? Do you use attack arrows in some players?

I was curious, and indeed it is difficult to counteract this tactic. I have already seen a team in a WG using the 442A with good results with the 433B, but I think the difference is the excellent players this 442A has (95+).

Thank you.

Tackle - Hard

Mentality - Attacking 

Passing - Mixed 

Attacking - Mixed 

Tempo - Fast 

Pressing - All Over 

Use Target Man (Lukaku) 

Use Playmaker (Thiago Alcantara)

I don't use arrows, I don't think they do much 

Hola everyone. 

I was wondering if a highly experienced manager could advise how to counter the 4-3-3A formation/tactics below?
I have previously used a 5-4-1 formation with default tactics, and lost 1-0. I have a 92 rated team whereas my opponent has a 93-94 rated team. He is unbeaten since using this formation/tactics, Grazias. 

image.thumb.png.f02fd5c38837bae08c2624f61e44c332.png

On 8/4/2018 at 1:58 PM, Milanista1 said:

Hola everyone. 

I was wondering if a highly experienced manager could advise how to counter the 4-3-3A formation/tactics below?
I have previously used a 5-4-1 formation with default tactics, and lost 1-0. I have a 92 rated team whereas my opponent has a 93-94 rated team. He is unbeaten since using this formation/tactics, Grazias. 

image.thumb.png.f02fd5c38837bae08c2624f61e44c332.png

Use 4-5-1 B (defensive)

On 5/15/2018 at 10:28 AM, Seyiyi. Raf said:

Please any tactics to counter 4 2 4....the guy beats me every time he play against with 424.

More over, my defence concede a lot this season, what can I do? 

Please help

attacking

both flanks 

fast

hard

all over

Target man

playmaker

tight marking

counter attack

make sure to have full backs at the wings. They will produce more assists like you’ve never seen 

Make your 10 playmaker and 9 target man and thank me later