Hyina

Counter formations

On 6/24/2018 at 11:19 PM, Mickbor59 said:

how to counter a team superior to mine who plays in 4231b

my team 91/92 and my opponent 93/94

Hi bro.
You can try 451B (as defensive and long ball) or 4321 with counter-attack and a deep-lying playmaker.
I hope this will useful for you.

there is space in front of their wing backs, so id go something with 1 CF and 2 wide players that can have arrows frward and then stack on defence and go defensuve long ball down the flnks. if the have 1 weak wide defender put your vest winger on that side and set that flank

On 5/29/2018 at 2:30 AM, Sir Morientes said:

attacking

both flanks 

fast

hard

all over

Target man

playmaker

tight marking

counter attack

make sure to have full backs at the wings. They will produce more assists like you’ve never seen 

Make your 10 playmaker and 9 target man and thank me later 

Thanks boss

But is there a way to get free credits on sm

Hi guys.. can you give me some advice for 3 5 2? I put your settings: 

Attacking

Fast

Hard

All over

And mix... because i have strong player in the middle.

Target man icardi

Playmaker weigl

Tight marking

Counter attack.

Maybe i have to put the wings in defensive position or Attacking? Or nothing? 

Thanks

Screenshot_20180717-122359_SM Worlds.jpg

On 6/4/2011 at 8:56 AM, Hyina said:

Re: Counter formations

Updated Version!!!:

In my experience at managing and also general comprehension of tactics, I think that:

To counter 4-4-2, I would use 3-4-2-1 with diagonal arrows on players 10 & 11, 3-5-2, or 4-4-1-1

To counter 4-3-3, use any formation with 5 in the midfield

To counter 4-5-1, use 5-3-2, as suggested by arampage

To counter 3-4-3, use 4-2-3-1

To counter 3-5-2, use 4-5-1 defensive or 4-1-3-2

To counter 3-3-4, use 4-4-2 or 3-5-2

To counter 5-4-1, use 3-5-2

To counter 5-3-2, use 3-2-2-2-1 or 4-3-3 wingers

To counter 5-2-3, use 4-5-1 defensive

To counter 4-4-2 diamond, use 3-5-2 or 3-2-2-2-1

To counter 4-3-3 wingers, use 3-4-2-1 or 3-5-2

To counter 4-5-1 defensive, use 3-4-2-1

To counter 4-2-3-1, use 4-5-1 defensive or default 4-4-2

To counter 4-3-2-1, use 4-2-3-1

To counter 4-4-1-1, use 4-3-3 wingers

To counter 4-3-1-2, use 3-4-3 or 5-3-2

To counter 3-4-1-2, use 4-5-1

To counter 3-4-2-1, use 4-2-3-1 or 4-5-1

To counter 5-3-2 defensive, use 3-4-3

To counter 4-2-4, use 4-2-3-1 or 4-3-3 or 4-5-1

To counter 4-2-2-2, use 3-5-2

To counter 4-1-3-2, use 4-5-1 or 4-3-3 wingers

To counter 3-2-2-2-1, use 3-5-2

Hope you enjoy! And start winning games from now on too!

:)

Note, if you have used this advice and lost a game, please post it in this thread so I can have a careful look and maybe change it.

NOTE NOTE: It seems that after SM changed, the counters have mostly stopped working as well as before, as randomisation has been added chance results are more likely to happen (i.e. 352 might not thrash a 442 and 433 wingers might lose to 352 etc.) if you encounter such results post the report here and me and fellow forumers will help you out :)

P.S. I have un-subscribed from this thread myself due to increasing work load and other reasons.

usei a 3-2-2-2-1 contra 4-2-2-2 , 4-4-2A, 4-2-3-1A, 4-3-3A E GANHEI TODAS

SO PERDI PARA A 4-2-3-1 B. MAS ERA PRA SER EMPATE 

On 6/4/2011 at 1:56 PM, Hyina said:

Re: Counter formations

Updated Version!!!:

To counter 4-2-3-1, use 4-5-1 defensive or default 4-4-2

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What are you using Team Instructions? Attacking or Defensive tactics?

Anyone have anything up-to-date on how to counter 4-2-3-1b?

Teams are of similar average rating (within a point of each other)

Seemed to have worked out some solid formations/counter-formations in general but 4-2-3-1b always seems to be a bit of an sticking point when it comes to getting consistent results.

Any help would be great,

Cheers

Good morning guys, does anyone have an explanation for the following?

I agreed a deal to bring a player to my club from an external club only for the player to refuse to come to my club (I assumed maybe because he was a big player coming to a minor league/club.

Next day another minor club bid for him and he accepted.   I've never seen this before, anyone else?

9 hours ago, frigas said:

Good morning guys, does anyone have an explanation for the following?

I agreed a deal to bring a player to my club from an external club only for the player to refuse to come to my club (I assumed maybe because he was a big player coming to a minor league/club.

Next day another minor club bid for him and he accepted.   I've never seen this before, anyone else?

It depends on the average rating of your squad.

1 hour ago, jagerbob said:

Anyone had any luck with counter formatins recently? or is it one of those things on SM which bares absolutely nothing to do with the result

Yeah, different formations and tactics can make a difference. I've managed to beat stronger teams by using a formation and tactics that could work against them. But it's very specific to the team you're playing, rather than "use this formation against that formation". 

Hy !

I have a game home and my opponent play  - 4 3 3 b with: normal,normal,mixed,down both flanks ,normal,own half. He is a litlle bit stronger but not much.

I usually play 4231b but sometimes i also play 433b.

If i use the same tactic as my opponent i was thinking to play: hard,attaking,mixed,down both flanks,fast,all over with counter and tight marking. 

Any advice?  I have in the middle alcantara,silva, matic....and isco who have only 91 condition. My wingers are griezmann and dembele and cavani as striker.I also have asensio.

These tactics you are suggesting are meaningless. If you are a highly rated club playing a very low one then 3-3-4 works just fine. You should base your tactics on your strength v there's. For example if you are much worse than a team and playing away then 5-4-1A is your best bet. Regards 

Teams are almoust equals.I play at home but i cant change tactic radically now.  I have 2 options: 

1. I play like him 433b but if he play  normal,normal,mixed,down both flanks ,normal,own half i should play the same or change something?  

2. I can try use 4231b to counter that 433b ....but will be very hard to counter. I beated him with 433b and now he use this and are unbeated last games.

The game is tonight....so im still waiting an concrete advice. 

Hello fellow Managers

Has anyone had any experience in beating the 4-3-3A formation or any suggestions on countering it?

My toughest rival uses attacking arrows for his wingers and a defensive arrow for his DM, instructions: Hard tacking,
attacking mentality, Mixed Passing, Mixed attacking style, plays fast, and presses all over.  He has a 94 Average rating
whereas I have a 92 Average rating.

Good day....

15 minutes ago, Milanista1 said:

Hello fellow Managers

Has anyone had any experience in beating the 4-3-3A formation or any suggestions on countering it?

My toughest rival uses attacking arrows for his wingers and a defensive arrow for his DM, instructions: Hard tacking,
attacking mentality, Mixed Passing, Mixed attacking style, plays fast, and presses all over.  He has a 94 Average rating
whereas I have a 92 Average rating.

Good day....

4-5-1b

Attacking down both flanks, mixed passing, normal tempo, pressing own half

Attacking arrows on wingers, defensive arrow on your DM

Option 1/if you're winning: Defensive mentality, men behind ball, normal/soft tackling

Option 2/if you're losing: Normal/attacking mentality, tight marking, counter attack, hard tackling

You could also try switching to 4-5-1a if you're losing, same instructions as option 2

On 6/30/2018 at 6:06 AM, huaminhanh said:

Hi bro.
You can try 451B (as defensive and long ball) or 4321 with counter-attack and a deep-lying playmaker.

Thank you!!!

On 6/30/2018 at 6:06 AM, huaminhanh said:

Hi bro.

And 4231A it's also  451B défensive?

On 8/24/2018 at 7:20 AM, nofoff said:

Anyone have anything up-to-date on how to counter 4-2-3-1b?

Teams are of similar average rating (within a point of each other)

Seemed to have worked out some solid formations/counter-formations in general but 4-2-3-1b always seems to be a bit of an sticking point when it comes to getting consistent results.

Any help would be great,

Cheers

eu uso a 4-2-2-2 geralmente , proque a 3-2-2-2-1 so é boa contra a 4-2-3-1 A