Counter formations

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: Counter formations Updated Version!!!: In my experience at managing and also general comprehension of tactics, I think that: To counter 4-4-2, I would use 3-4-2-1 with diagonal arrows on player

In this thread I will tell you which formations counter which. This is a simple, down to earth thread, easy for everyone to use. Enjoy

Re: Counter formations Well the 4-2-3-1 formation may be very strong, but one thing a team needs is good full backs to make it strong. Worse if the person uses counter attacks, because it leaves it v

Posted Images

Re: Counter formations

Nice one mate :)

My best result was when my Bayern Munich beat 2nd place Liverpool 10-0

B)

With the use of runs (arrows marking players intended movement on tactics) do you change the actual formation the team is set in? e.g. Does 3 4 3 become 352 if one of the Fwd drops back into midfield and is his performance affected if hes not a Fwd/(Am/CM):confused:

With the use of runs (arrows marking players intended movement on tactics) do you change the actual formation the team is set in? e.g. Does 3 4 3 become 352 if one of the Fwd drops back into midfield and is his performance affected if hes not a Fwd/(Am/CM):confused:

I'm not sure... I've never actually put any of my forwards with a backward arrow :o I only do that when I'm winning the game at 60mins. I usually win so I don't really notice any difference :P

I'm not sure... I've never actually put any of my forwards with a backward arrow :o I only do that when I'm winning the game at 60mins. I usually win so I don't really notice any difference :P

well the same applies to a covering midfielder like a dm running back or a cm running forward-and I guess you play a lot against unmanaged teams;)

352 always has been the best formation to counter unmanaged teams.

06102011214819.png

It's a great result, but I don't think it's a fair comparison to use this match to state the superiority of 3-5-2 over unmanaged team...I think the big difference between the 2 team ratings played a greater part in the resulting scoreline.

It's a great result' date=' but I don't think it's a fair comparison to use this match to state the superiority of 3-5-2 over unmanaged team...I think the big difference between the 2 team ratings played a greater part in the resulting scoreline.[/quote']

i dont want to be rude. but i completely agree with this guy :D

It would be great if SM would change the game engine all the time.

Gradual self-experimentation with and improvement of tactical nuance is one of the most interesting aspects in this game.

Wonder how drastic the change would be. Though I would imagine quite big this time because of the2D pitch.

Seems like SM has changed their game engine - My opposition played 352' date=' so I played 433 wingers, and I lost 2-5! it was 49/51 possession and 9 shots on target each. This has never ever ever happened to me before! :eek:[/quote']

Same. Was using a 451 against a 352 yesterday (against Wigan with my Arsenal) and lost 1-0. Going to play some friendlies today to be sure, but seems like it.

Hey guys, I have a Barcelona team and i just started using the 3-5-2

so far it has been awesome offensively, as in my last 3 matches i have won 8-4, 8-2 and 5-1

however, i'm a bit worried about conceding so many goals, especially when my defence is Puyol, Pique, Valdes and Ashley COle

any suggestions?

i used 3-5-2 a whole season and results were awesome

but now the new season started i've been using it for 9 matches and i lost them all why ??

what should i do

i am using now 5-4-1

happened to me too lol :) i dont know why it happened but a change in tatics did stem the amount of losses :)