Counter formations

Re: Counter formations

I would seriously give 4-5-1 a go against a 4-2-3-1 formation, and the mindset of attacking or defensive should obviously be based around the strength of your opponent.

As for the 4-3-3 wingers formation, if you can afford to play more expansive, open, attacking football a 4-2-3-1 could do the job, if you want to go for the safe option a possible 4-5-1 formation might be the better decision to make, and again, set your team mentality in accordance to the strength of your opponent. DO NOT play 3-5-2. It's the worst formation against a 4-3-3 wingers.

I hope this advice will be helpful and good luck to you managers out there.

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: Counter formations Updated Version!!!: In my experience at managing and also general comprehension of tactics, I think that: To counter 4-4-2, I would use 3-4-2-1 with diagonal arrows on player

In this thread I will tell you which formations counter which. This is a simple, down to earth thread, easy for everyone to use. Enjoy

Re: Counter formations Well the 4-2-3-1 formation may be very strong, but one thing a team needs is good full backs to make it strong. Worse if the person uses counter attacks, because it leaves it v

Posted Images

I would seriously give 4-5-1 a go against a 4-2-3-1 formation' date=' and the mindset of attacking or defensive should obviously be based around the strength of your opponent.

As for the 4-3-3 wingers formation, if you can afford to play more expansive, open, attacking football a 4-2-3-1 could do the job, if you want to go for the safe option a possible 4-5-1 formation might be the better decision to make, and again, set your team mentality in accordance to the strength of your opponent. DO NOT play 3-5-2. It's the worst formation against a 4-3-3 wingers.

I hope this advice will be helpful and good luck to you managers out there.[/quote']

442 diamond against 433 wingers = victory :) .

hmm counter formations has been erratic the last few turns in diff worlds... will like to know if others have same experience, or finds it normal still.

i observe..

352 lose to 442 more than once

442 diamond win once and lost once to 433W, 451 beaten by 433W, 433W beaten by 442 normal

352 wins and draw 4231 and 433W each

i thought it was one too many in a short period of about 3 turns. lol. maybe the random factor of the game is 90% now. :o

Anyway to counter 4231 ? I really have to win the game ' date=' for the smfa champions cup qualifier . I am not really sure that 451 can .[/quote']

Heres what I do and most of the times this formation work against any other ones:

play 4-5-1 defensive, but have forward arrows on your fullbacks, all your midfielders except for the defensive one. I have tried this on 4 teams for 3-4 games now and I have won them all :)

Hi! I was hoping someone could help me out. I keep having troubles against 4-3-3 wingers formation' date=' and at the moment more and more players are starting to use it in my league. I've tried a few different options with different instructions but so far haven't had much luck getting a counter that works well lots of time. Can someone help me out please with a good formation + instructions against a 4-3-3 wing? Thank you![/quote']

I would use 442 diamond, works most of the time for me :)

I have tried to counter 5-3-2 with 4-3-3wings' date=' and i it's not work. Bad chance or change in SM - simulator. I lost 2-1 against Marseille with my Borussia

[img']http://img707.imageshack.us/img707/8926/67230554.png[/img]

first of all I'm guessin you mean 3-5-2? I think now that the SM has changed the way matches are played the advantages are definitely cut, I have encountered the same problem, before when I play 352 I used 433 wingers and I always have like 66%possesion and 14-18 shots with 5-10 on target and I usually win like 4-0 or 5-2, but now it's more like 50-50 possession and I have less shots on target and I tend to lose more :(

hmm counter formations has been erratic the last few turns in diff worlds... will like to know if others have same experience' date=' or finds it normal still.

i observe..

352 lose to 442 more than once -[b']Yes I have had the same problem[/b]

442 diamond win once and lost once to 433W, 451 beaten by 433W same, 433W beaten by 442 normal That's to be expected, I think

352 wins and draw 4231 and 433W each

i thought it was one too many in a short period of about 3 turns. lol. maybe the random factor of the game is 90% now. :oI agree :(

To all who reads this, I would seriously recommend my favourite formation:

4-5-1 defensive

forward arrows on full backs, all 4 attacking midfielders (so no arrows on the DM)

mentality: attacking

tackling: strong

passing: mixed

tempo: fast

Use counter attack, Men behind ball, tight marking, use playmaker (your best AM/CM (preferably 94+), use target man (your best CF/fwd (again, 94+ is best)

I have used this for 10 games now with 4 teams and have won every single one :), and just so to let you know they are Manchester United in EuroChamp1934, Real Madrid in EuroChamp1200, Oxford United (English Champ8000) and Leceister City (EnglishChamp 8228), these are all forum gameworlds btw so you are welcome to join :)

Yes you're right, my mistake 3-5-2 against 4-3-3 wings., but the replay show this... The teams are equal ratings... I have too observation, that 3-5-2 often lose against managed 4-4-2, i have lost against Man.Utd at home 1-2, and i sow next round Bayern Munich against Porto - 2:3...even more that Porto doesn't have his best players (Bayern average raiting 92 against Porto - 89)

Re: Riferimento: Counter formations

i need help.

yesterday i read all about what sir metz austin and barracuda have written in their threads. i found all amazing and evry interesting. so i tested out all what i learnt about tactic' date=' formation and settings with my two teams and i lost.

E.g. this is what happened with my rome

final result:

milanroma1.jpg

formation and tactic till 45':

milanroma2.jpg

formation and tactic from 60':

milanroma3.jpg

this instruction at 60' was for losing, because my opponent could use 4-4-2 normal or 4-4-2 diamond, so if i had been losing i woul have changed the tactic to 3-2-2-2-1 as sir metz and barracuda said....

but no result neither a goal in the second half.

could you help me please?

How can i beat 4-3-2-1 which plays Hard, Normal, attacking style: mixed tempo: normal, ... Counter Attack,Playmaker,target man and offside trap ??????????????????????????????????????

To all who reads this' date=' I would seriously recommend my favourite formation:

4-5-1 defensive

forward arrows on full backs, all 4 attacking midfielders (so no arrows on the DM)

mentality: attacking

tackling: strong

passing: mixed

tempo: fast

Use counter attack, Men behind ball, tight marking, use playmaker (your best AM/CM (preferably 94+), use target man (your best CF/fwd (again, 94+ is best)

I have used this for 10 games now with 4 teams and have won every single one :), and just so to let you know they are Manchester United in EuroChamp1934, Real Madrid in EuroChamp1200, Oxford United (English Champ8000) and Leceister City (EnglishChamp 8228), these are all forum gameworlds btw so you are welcome to join :)[/quote']

Hi, I will try this formation tonight with both of my teams since over the past few weeks I have realised that 3-5-2 is longer effective. I would just like to ask what is your 'Attacking Style' and 'Pressing'?

Riferimento: Counter formations

3-5-2 as meowmeow said before

i've never used 4-3-3 wingers against 4-3-2-1 so i couldn't say you anything about...

tackling hard, attacking, direct, attacking style depends on your skills so i can't tell you, fast, all over, counterattack, play offside, playmaker, target man

is your opponent weaker or stronger then you?

hello i need help im playing a champion cup final game tonight against lazio average rating 88 mine is 93 but there unmanaged and i have had finals before where i have lost to weaker teams unmanaged

lazio's last fixture they played

4-4-2

Tackling Style Normal

Mentality Normal

Passing Style Mixed

Attacking Style Mixed

Tempo Normal

Pressing Own Half

Counter-Attack No

Men Behind Ball No

Tight Marking No

Play Offside No

Use Play Maker No

Use Target Man No

what formation should i use to counter them and tactics i have been using 4-2-2-2 all season and i got to a cup final and im currently top of the league but i just dont wanna risk anything lol help please :D

hello i need help im playing a champion cup final game tonight against lazio average rating 88 mine is 93 but there unmanaged and i have had finals before where i have lost to weaker teams unmanaged

lazio's last fixture they played

4-4-2

Tackling Style Normal

Mentality Normal

Passing Style Mixed

Attacking Style Mixed

Tempo Normal

Pressing Own Half

Counter-Attack No

Men Behind Ball No

Tight Marking No

Play Offside No

Use Play Maker No

Use Target Man No

what formation should i use to counter them and tactics i have been using 4-2-2-2 all season and i got to a cup final and im currently top of the league but i just dont wanna risk anything lol help please :D

Ultimately it is your decision, I made this thread to advise and help managers, not to manage their teams for them, if 4222 worked well for you all season, why changing it? :)

Ultimately it is your decision' date=' I made this thread to advise and help managers, not to manage their teams for them, if 4222 worked well for you all season, why changing it? :)[/quote']

Cheers! I'm just scared of losing to a poor team unmananged there's nothing wore its happend 2times and I just find it silly that you can nock the best teams out barca. Man utd. Real madrid then loose 2 a poor 1 in the final hehe wish me luck! And thanks

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all,

some very interesting points in here, thanks for all the work!

I've noticed of late that there seems to have been a shift away from normality..

Lots and lots of silly results.. unmanaged teams getting low % possession and for example 5 shots on target and 3 or 4 goals.... 2 shots on target, 2 goals... 2-1 win.

In the mean time my team gets 3 or 4 times the shots on target.. more possession and yet looses!?!!

Looking at the chart on the first page i'm making the correct formation choices.. usually 3-5-2 against unmanageds sides.

Anyone else noticed similar?

Hi all' date='

some very interesting points in here, thanks for all the work!

I've noticed of late that there seems to have been a shift away from normality..

Lots and lots of silly results.. unmanaged teams getting low % possession and for example 5 shots on target and 3 or 4 goals.... 2 shots on target, 2 goals... 2-1 win.

In the mean time my team gets 3 or 4 times the shots on target.. more possession and yet looses!?!!

Looking at the chart on the first page i'm making the correct formation choices.. usually 3-5-2 against unmanageds sides.

Anyone else noticed similar?[/quote']

Yeah 352 isn't the best choice against unmanaged . I prefer 3-4-2-1 against them :) .

3-5-2 is fantastic against 4-3-3 normal' date=' next time when you play a 4-3-3, try it out! ;)[/quote']

Yeah, normaly i've found it's great formation.. just of late, crazy results are getting all too familiar!

I'm limited now on formation selection... a little bit any way, as i've not much in the way of R/? or L/? wide players. I use a W/am and w/fwd.

Slighty off topic but how have you found players perform in secondary possitions?