Counter formations

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: Counter formations Updated Version!!!: In my experience at managing and also general comprehension of tactics, I think that: To counter 4-4-2, I would use 3-4-2-1 with diagonal arrows on player

In this thread I will tell you which formations counter which. This is a simple, down to earth thread, easy for everyone to use. Enjoy

Re: Counter formations Well the 4-2-3-1 formation may be very strong, but one thing a team needs is good full backs to make it strong. Worse if the person uses counter attacks, because it leaves it v

Posted Images

Re: Counter formations

hey guys

i have realised that SM have changed the formations in how they are used to counter,

i have an away game against liverpool on sunday (i have the better side)

by looking at the liverpool's last few matches, ive got a feeling that he will play a 4-4-1-1,

he has beaten: a 4-2-3-1(playing home with default settings), 4-3-3 wingers(playing away with default setings),

he's lost home to a standard(unmanaged) 4-4-2,

has anyone experienced playing against a 4-4-1-1 formation ?

hey guys

i have realised that SM have changed the formations in how they are used to counter' date='

i have an away game against liverpool on sunday (i have the better side)

by looking at the liverpool's last few matches, ive got a feeling that he will play a 4-4-1-1,

he has beaten: a 4-2-3-1(playing home with default settings), 4-3-3 wingers(playing away with default setings),

he's lost home to a standard(unmanaged) 4-4-2,

has anyone experienced playing against a 4-4-1-1 formation ?[/quote']

3-4-1-2 is my option.

is ur 451Def good against 433W? what's the closing down' date=' allover or ownhalf?

playing a tough nut soon... he uses 433winger most of the time. he beats 442diamond & 442 with it, the only time he lost in the season is against a 352 and other 433winger.[/quote']

4-2-4 is my choice and all over.

is ur 451Def good against 433W? what's the closing down' date=' allover or ownhalf?

playing a tough nut soon... he uses 433winger most of the time. he beats 442diamond & 442 with it, the only time he lost in the season is against a 352 and other 433winger.[/quote']

442 diamond is the safest bet in my opinion , though he beat the formation before . I would try 352 too .

Closing down and pressing the opposition will increase the chances of taking the ball from them and dependent on which area of the pitch you do this will help determine your overall strategy. Anyway back to the topic, 4-4-2 diamond is the best formation against 4-3-3 wingers, played them twice and won both. Do take a look at the links below:

http://s1111.photobucket.com/albums/h466/Wyman_Chun/?action=view&current=United-1.png

http://s1111.photobucket.com/albums/h466/Wyman_Chun/?action=view&current=United-1.png#!oZZ2QQcurrentZZhttp%3A%2F%2Fs1111.photobucket.com%2Falbums%2Fh466%2FWyman_Chun%2F%3Faction%3Dview%26current%3DUnited.png

Lol.. I look at the links and just by the scorers I can tell it is like a one-sided team average affair.

The 433W guy somehow managed to beat 442diamond of different peeps including myself, all our team XI average are same or at most different by 1 point.

424 against 433W? In my test account, I seldom win with 424 to begin with lol. 352 has given me the best results overall in the game, but I thought 433W will have an advantage over it.

I'm contemplating 433W too, or 4231, or TS's 451def. Wonder if there's a better chance in these.

Lol.. I look at the links and just by the scorers I can tell it is like a one-sided team average affair.

The 433W guy somehow managed to beat 442diamond of different peeps including myself' date=' all our team XI average are same or at most different by 1 point.

424 against 433W? In my test account, I seldom win with 424 to begin with lol. 352 has given me the best results overall in the game, but I thought 433W will have an advantage over it.

I'm contemplating 433W too, or 4231, or TS's 451def. Wonder if there's a better chance in these.[/quote']

Whose the one Lol-ing now? It's the tactics it counts, I suppose its not the ratings? Take a look at my other team then? 3-5-2 against a 4-4-2 who has a few ratings below my average and I ended up losing 4-0 despite dominating? So what are you trying to say?

http://s1111.photobucket.com/albums/h466/Wyman_Chun/?action=view&current=Untitled-2.png

http://s1111.photobucket.com/albums/h466/Wyman_Chun/?action=view&current=Untitled-3.png

Whose the one Lol-ing now? It's the tactics it counts, I suppose its not the ratings? Take a look at my other team then? 3-5-2 against a 4-4-2 who has a few ratings below my average and I ended up losing 4-0 despite dominating? So what are you trying to say?

http://s1111.photobucket.com/albums/h466/Wyman_Chun/?action=view&current=Untitled-2.png

http://s1111.photobucket.com/albums/h466/Wyman_Chun/?action=view&current=Untitled-3.png

If ratings are not important, then I hope you sell all your >90 players today. lol.

Tactics are important, but ratings are more important especially if the average is 4-5 points away. Anyway for my case, it is 0-1 point away, so tactic is more important and I don't need any advice that does not relate to my case.

I've seen 442Diamond beat 433W, and also had wins with it in other worlds. This is also why I have tried 442Dia but lost to his 433W, and this world it seems that other users 442Diamond hasn't work against this guy yet, so I'm not about to try it again now.

What I'm trying to say? I already made my point that I'm not trying your 442Diamond advice this time but looking for an alternative and possible way of winning.

Back to my original question: "I'm contemplating playing 433W too, or 4231, or TS's 451def. Wonder if there's a better chance in these."

If ratings are not important' date=' then I hope you sell all your >90 players today. lol.[/b']

Tactics are important, but ratings are more important especially if the average is 4-5 points away. Anyway for my case, it is 0-1 point away, so tactic is more important and I don't need any advice that does not relate to my case.

I've seen 442Diamond beat 433W, and also had wins with it in other worlds. This is also why I have tried 442Dia but lost to his 433W, and this world it seems that other users 442Diamond hasn't work against this guy yet, so I'm not about to try it again now.

What I'm trying to say? I already made my point that I'm not trying your 442Diamond advice this time but looking for an alternative and possible way of winning.

Back to my original question: "I'm contemplating playing 433W too, or 4231, or TS's 451def. Wonder if there's a better chance in these."

ROFLMAO? From those in bold, I smell jealousy? Why not you sell all of your 90+ then? Buy 60 or maybe 70+ and make them your first team if you really are that "honest" then? Who arent buying 90+ stars? Take a look at your quote in the earlier post, did you even mention the fact that you are not going to try 4-4-2 diamond? I was just trying to be nice to give you an advice on how to counter 4-4-3 wingers, and all I got was your bloody ****? You could have talk nicely instead of being sacastic? There's always 2 sides to a coin.

If ratings are not important' date=' then I hope you sell all your >90 players today. lol.

Back to my original question: "I'm contemplating playing 433W too, or 4231, or TS's 451def. Wonder if there's a better chance in these."[/quote']

I won every match against BARCA's 433 wingers , just with players with average rating using 442 diamond :P .

ROFLMAO? From those in bold, I smell jealousy? Why not you sell all of your 90+ then? Buy 60 or maybe 70+ and make them your first team if you really are that "honest" then? Who arent buying 90+ stars? Take a look at your quote in the earlier post, did you even mention the fact that you are not going to try 4-4-2 diamond? I was just trying to be nice to give you an advice on how to counter 4-4-3 wingers, and all I got was your bloody ****? You could have talk nicely instead of being sacastic? There's always 2 sides to a coin.

Give me some reasons to be jealous of you, being a singaporean mobbed over by foreigners? lol.

I am impressed with your squad but I don't dream of the perfect squad or a super squad because that will mean my opponents do not have the players I monopolized. I prefer to play in a equal world, that's why I pick gameworld that is usually filled and all teams have similar strength.

Don't be such a child and assume things, you were the joker who said "It's the tactics it counts, I suppose its not the ratings?", that's why I tell you to sell your sorry arse off and try that out then you say I'm jealous?

Ok Meow, I heard you the first time. Thanks for your emphasis, like I said not trying it now, I think it is already 4 times he has beaten a 442diamond the same season. I didn't say 442dia is no good, it is supposed to work, but it didn't so far against this impressive bugger.

Give me some reasons to be jealous of you' date=' being a singaporean mobbed over by foreigners? lol.[/b']

I am impressed with your squad but I don't dream of the perfect squad or a super squad because that will mean my opponents do not have the players I monopolized. I prefer to play in a equal world, that's why I pick gameworld that is usually filled and all teams have similar strength.

Don't be such a child and assume things, you were the joker who said "It's the tactics it counts, I suppose its not the ratings?", that's why I tell you to sell your sorry arse off and try that out then you say I'm jealous?

Ok Meow, I heard you the first time. Thanks for your emphasis, like I said not trying it now, I think it is already 4 times he has beaten a 442diamond the same season. I didn't say 442dia is no good, it is supposed to work, but it didn't so far against this impressive bugger.

Whose the one being a kid right now? Pot calling the kettle black? Roflmao. If it's like what you said, its the ratings that count, why bother changing formation? You could as well play 4-4-2 for each matches? Sounds contradicting isnt it? Since then, why did you even bother sticking into this tactics thread? You should have just shut your bloody hole up? And, why did you even bother bringing my nationality into this argument? Just because you are from the US or the UK and you assume that those from asia are noobs? LOL @ you seriously, it's kinda pathetic for a person like you I suppose. And as for the team ratings wise, having a perfect squad means that I'm playing sm with dirty tricks? What kind of joke are you kidding? Like I said earlier, you should really build a team with 60+ or even 70+ even you start telling me jokes like this. I reckon you should have a bunch of players whose 80+ or even 90+ ? So what your story now? :confused:

Give me some reasons to be jealous of you' date=' being a singaporean mobbed over by foreigners? lol.

Ok Meow, I heard you the first time. Thanks for your emphasis, like I said not trying it now, I think it is already 4 times he has beaten a 442diamond the same season. I didn't say 442dia is no good, it is supposed to work, but it didn't so far against this impressive bugger.[/quote']

I am speechless but I still have a question : you have a big average rating gap between you and his squad ?

Ha.. Sorry mate, I apologize for polluting your thread with our argument, but anyway, happy new year to you! :)

Chill mates!

Below is one of the matches in my gw! the ratings are in 90 vs 93.so ratings are defintely vital!

Kick-Off456075 Match Time: 0 minutes.Home Formation

2 4 5 3

7 8

10 11

Instructions

Tackling Style Aggressive

Mentality V.Defensive

Passing Style Short

Attacking Style Down Both Flanks

Tempo Slow

Pressing Own Area

Play Style Counter-Attack

Men Behind Ball

Tight Marking

Use Play Maker

Use Target Man

Match Time: 45 minutes.Home Formation 1

2 4 5 3

7 8

10 11

InstructionsTackling Style Aggressive

Mentality V.Defensive

Passing Style Short

Tempo Slow

Pressing Own Area

Men Behind Ball

Tight Marking

Use Play Maker

Use Target Man

Match Time: 60 minutes.Home Formation 1

2 4 5 3

7 8

10 11

Mentality V.Defensive

Passing Style Short

Tempo Slow

Pressing Own Area

Men Behind Ball

Tight Marking

Use Play Maker

Use Target Man

Match Time: 75 minutes.Home Formation 1

2 4 5 3

7 8

10 11

Mentality V.Defensive

Passing Style Short

Tempo Slow

Pressing Own Area

Men Behind Ball

Tight Marking

Use Play Maker

Use Target Man

Possession

53% 47%

Total Shots

13 14

Shots On Target

10 11

Corners

6 8

Yellow Cards

3 2

Red Cards

0 0

Kick-Off456075 Match Time: 0 minutes.Home Formation

2 4 5 3

7 8

10 11

Instructions

Tackling Style Normal

Mentality Attacking

Passing Style Direct

Attacking Style Mixed

Tempo Fast

Pressing All Over

Use Play Maker

Use Target Man

Match Time: 45 minutes.Home Formation 1

2 4 5 3

7 8

10 11

InstructionsTackling Style Normal

Mentality Attacking

Passing Style Direct

Attacking Style Mixed

Tempo Fast

Pressing All Over

Use Play Maker

Use Target Man

Match Time: 60 minutes.Home Formation 1

2 14 5 3

7 8

17 11

Mentality Attacking

Passing Style Direct

Attacking Style Mixed

Tempo Fast

Pressing All Over

Use Play Maker

Use Target Man

Match Time: 75 minutes.Home Formation 1

2 14 5 3

7 8

17 11

Mentality Attacking

Passing Style Direct

Attacking Style Mixed

Tempo Fast

Pressing All Over

Use Play Maker

Use Target Man

Re: Respuesta: Counter formations

4-3-3 wingers will thrash a 3-5-2' date=' your defensive 3 mids take care of the midfield, while your front 3, especially the 2 wide players cause havoc in your opponent's half.[/quote']

What instructions should I use? I will play 4-3-3 wingers vs 3-5-2.

Tackling style, mentality, passing % attacking style, tempo & pressing.

Thanks in advance :)

Re: Respuesta: Counter formations

I would try 352 with 4 arrows on all AMs against him ' date=' or 451 defensive with arrows on both wings :) .[/quote']

I will go for the 4-5-1 defensive than because IMO 3-5-2 against 4 in the back do nothing.

And what about the tackling style, mentality, passing & attacking style, tempo & pressing??