Hyina

Counter formations

Re: Counter formations

i disagree with the 3-5-2 counters 4-1-3-2' date=' i have lost four consecutive games against liverpool starting with 3-5-2 first half losing 2-0 at half time thn playing like for like 2nd half and losing 3-2. Both sides are equally matched so i strongly disagree with that[/quote']

4-4-2 can also work

EDIT: @juankerrs, in my experience, 352 actually do work, I just won a play off semi final 3-0 with that formation

In my experience at managing and also general comprehension of tactics' date=' I think that:

[b']3-5-2 counters 4-4-2[/b]

4-2-2-2 counters 4-3-3

3-2-2-2-1 counters 4-5-1

4-2-3-1 counter 3-4-3

4-3-3 wingers counters 3-5-2

4-4-2 counters 3-3-4

3-2-2-2-1 counters 5-4-1

3-4-2-1 counters 4-3-2

4-3-3 counters 5-2-3

3-2-2-2-1 counters 4-4-2 diamond

4-1-3-2 or 4-4-2 diamond counters 4-3-3 wingers

3-4-2-1- counters 4-5-1 defensive

3-2-2-2-1 counters 4-2-3-1

3-5-2 counters 4-3-2-1

3-2-2-2-1 counters 4-4-1-1

3-5-2 counter 4-1-3-2

3-4-3 counters 4-3-1-2

4-5-1 counters 3-4-1-2

3-2-2-2-1 counters 5-3-2 sweeper

3-4-3 counters 5-3-2 defensive

4-3-3 counters 4-2-4

3-2-2-2-1 counters 4-2-2-2

3-5-2 counters 4-1-3-2

3-4-1-2 counters 3-2-2-2-1

Hope you enjoy! And start winning games from now on too!

:)

Instead of saying 3-5-2 counters 4-4-2 and

3-5-2 counter 4-3-2-1

you could say/write 3-5-2 counter 4-4-2 and 4-3-2-1, just to make it easier to see or ''To counter 4-4-2 use 3-5-2'',

''To counter 4-3-2-1 use 3-5-2''

So it would be like this:

3-5-2 counters

4-4-2

4-3-2-1

4-1-3-2

4-3-3 counters

4-2-4

5-2-3

Etc...

Just a suggestion :P

Instead of saying 3-5-2 counters 4-4-2 and

3-5-2 counter 4-3-2-1

you could say/write 3-5-2 counter 4-4-2 and 4-3-2-1' date=' just to make it easier to see or ''To counter 4-4-2 use 3-5-2'',

''To counter 4-3-2-1 use 3-5-2''

[b']So it would be like this:

[/b]

3-5-2 counters

4-4-2

4-3-2-1

4-1-3-2

4-3-3 counters

4-2-4

5-2-3

Etc...

Just a suggestion :P

Thanks, you are right, I will edit it later, maybe tomorrow if I have time :P

Ouch! I'm sorry about that' date=' I'll need to have a deep think about that one.

Will edit later today[/quote']

I think managers are thinking its a hard and fast rule (counters)-in that there are no guarantees that these will work all the time as winning a match is dependent on Tactics (yours and opponents), differential team/player ratings etc. What your post does is increase the probability of a positive result.

Excellent job on the thread btw-I have seen bits and pieces of info like this at various times-and I am pretty glad you left the actual tactics out-since all we will be reduced to would be copying your postings.

I think managers are thinking its a hard and fast rule (counters)-in that there are no guarantees that these will work all the time as winning a match is dependent on Tactics (yours and opponents)' date=' differential team/player ratings etc. What your post does is increase the probability of a positive result.

Excellent job on the thread btw-I have seen bits and pieces of info like this at various times-and I am pretty glad you left the actual tactics out-since all we will be reduced to would be copying your postings.[/quote']

Thanks! :) It's nice to here positive comments on something you've worked hard for.

Thanks! :) It's nice to here positive comments on something you've worked hard for.

Well its is awesome-and hard work-and you are lifting the lid (partly) on a lot of the more successful SM players-since they would have personal records on what works and what does not.

I just hope that people don't be daft and blame you for their team records.

I don't really have alot of time to be checking this all the time to find the formation to use to counter another formation. Could someone tell em what the best formation would be for my FC Porto team. I just want a formation and tactics that would win me the majority of my matches. I have just started a new season and I one my first game against unmanaged bolton, then lost to manchester united and villareal. This was my team for both matches (man u and villareal):

Valdes

Hummels--pepe--badstuber

t.motta

pedro--l.gonzalez--pirlo--di-maria

eto'o--dzeko

everything normal except passing style which was direct

clicked everything except use playemaker.

This team was probably better than both of theirs. Thanks.

Here is a list of all my players 89 and above:

VALDES, Victor

SIRIGU, Salvatore

COENTRAO, Fábio

SCHMELZER, Marcel

ABATE, Ignazio

PEPE, Ferreira

HUMMELS, Mats

BADSTUBER, Holger

OTAMENDI, Nicolás

BONUCCI, Leonardo

MAGGIO, Christian

MOTTA, Thiago

M'VILA, Yann

KROOS, Toni

GOTZE, Mario (probably in a few days)

HAZARD, Eden

GONZALEZ, Lucho

PIRLO, Andrea

BENDER, Sven

DEFOUR, Steven

BANEGA, Éver

BOATENG, Kevin-Prince

PEDRO, Rodríguez

DI MARIA, Ángel

ETO'O, Samuel

CAVANI, Édinson

SOW, Moussa

DZEKO, Edin

Should I stick to the formation and be patient or is there a better formation for me to use?

ps - i did make a thread on this but know1 was getting back to me. :(

I don't really have alot of time to be checking this all the time to find the formation to use to counter another formation. Could someone tell em what the best formation would be for my FC Porto team. I just want a formation and tactics that would win me the majority of my matches. I have just started a new season and I one my first game against unmanaged bolton' date=' then lost to manchester united and villareal. This was my team for both matches (man u and villareal):

Valdes

Hummels--pepe--badstuber

t.motta

pedro--l.gonzalez--pirlo--di-maria

eto'o--dzeko

everything normal except passing style which was direct

clicked everything except use playemaker.

This team was probably better than both of theirs. Thanks.

Here is a list of all my players 89 and above:

VALDES, Victor

SIRIGU, Salvatore

COENTRAO, Fábio

SCHMELZER, Marcel

ABATE, Ignazio

PEPE, Ferreira

HUMMELS, Mats

BADSTUBER, Holger

OTAMENDI, Nicolás

BONUCCI, Leonardo

MAGGIO, Christian

MOTTA, Thiago

M'VILA, Yann

KROOS, Toni

GOTZE, Mario (probably in a few days)

HAZARD, Eden

GONZALEZ, Lucho

PIRLO, Andrea

BENDER, Sven

DEFOUR, Steven

BANEGA, Éver

BOATENG, Kevin-Prince

PEDRO, Rodríguez

DI MARIA, Ángel

ETO'O, Samuel

CAVANI, Édinson

SOW, Moussa

DZEKO, Edin

Should I stick to the formation and be patient or is there a better formation for me to use?

ps - i did make a thread on this but know1 was getting back to me. :([/quote']

Hi Arsenal4life, if I were you I would play a 4-2-3-1 formation to stop conceding goals, so I would play:

Valdes

Abate---Hummels---Pepe--- Coentrao

Gonzalez--- Pirlo

Pedro---Hazard---Di Maria

Eto'o

Hope this helps :)

EDIT: I would use, attacking, normal tackling, mixed passing, fast tempo, pressing own half. Don't use offside traps and do use everything else, set Hazard as you playmaker and Eto'o as target man

hell no, do not use 3-5-2 to counter 4-3-3, past experience, and i managed to avoid another defeat from a 4-3-3 using 3-5-2, by using 4-4-2 diamond

use 4-4-2 diamond to counter 4-3-3

my team was 96 rated starting line up aswell lol

Re: Titulli: Counter formations

Can you counter a 4-3-3 formation with a 3-5-2?

I would use a 4-2-2-2 or a 4-5-1 or a 4-5-1 defensive to counter a 4-3-3, out number their midfield as well as taking care of their front 3 players and you will win no doubt ;)

Look on the last page for all the counter formations :)

Cheers and enjoy ;)

can i suggest something, i know the current first post took a lot of work, and im stuck and i find myself coming to it.

very good job :)

i would say though maybe suggesting the tactics to use for it, that would make this guide the true ultimate, as the formations are only a part of tactics !

i found short and fast passing works well in a 3-5-2.

im playing a 4-2-3-1 next, i have an all star team.

rooney, eto, suarez

ribery, ronaldo, fletcher, fabregas, hamsik, valencia. (ozil the fool is suspended)

cole, evra, ramos, vidic, hummels, terry in defence.

3-2-2-1 maybe, but i dont know what settings to use...

http://i658.photobucket.com/albums/uu308/LINKINPARKinpieces/Untitled-7.jpg

thats the link to his team !

if it works, ill have to give you credit !

Maybe I am in the minority-but should the detailed tactics (as opposed to counter formations) be given out to players? IMO it takes away from being the actual manager of a team-with all the growing pains..

depends how you want to look at it.

i have tried all my solutions and they arent working, this was my last resort.

i only ask on the forum if i am truely stumped, because as you say the forum dosnt manage the team half the fun is deciding for yourself !

im just very stuck here, i won my last game with my own tactics but id like to learn how to beat 4-2-3-1's reliably.

i actually have my own idea's on the tactics for a 3-2-2-1, i just wanted other's opinions. they might say something i overlooked !

depends how you want to look at it.

i have tried all my solutions and they arent working' date=' this was my last resort.

i only ask on the forum if i am truely stumped, because as you say the forum dosnt manage the team half the fun is deciding for yourself !

im just very stuck here, i won my last game with my own tactics but id like to learn how to beat 4-2-3-1's reliably.

i actually have my own idea's on the tactics for a 3-2-2-1, i just wanted other's opinions. they might say something i overlooked ![/quote']

Yeah I know it would have to be a special case with you mate, I am not worried about just a tip here or there-happens to the best of us-its those who tend to take it to the next level I am concerned about mate

Yeah I know it would have to be a special case with you mate' date=' I am not worried about just a tip here or there-happens to the best of us-its those who tend to take it to the next level I am concerned about mate[/quote']

i had the same thought before: people mainly asking for help on deals.

it feels like their whole teams are always forum based not their own.

i see your point and you made me realise something: results arent important the whole FUN is doing it yourself !

i had the same thought before: people mainly asking for help on deals.

it feels like their whole teams are always forum based not their own.

i see your point and you made me realise something: results arent important the whole FUN is doing it yourself !

yeah mate' date=' figuring it out-and the formations guide gives you a pointer in the right direction..

ie who is best risers from XXXXXX..

can name a few forumers who abuse that..

lol..that would be me!:P

Seriously I am a bit miffed at the guys who just live off the hard work done by Phill GT, Kunasher/Jor, Argala and numerous others who sacrifice their time and effort to get risers,tactics and in some cases aren't even repped (which is the minimal thing one can do).

Sorry about the rant bud..:o