Counter formations

Re: Counter formations

What puzzles me about all this counter formation stuff is this, when playing a computer managed team how do you set up a counter formation when you don't know what formation the computer team is going to play. Having just gone 15 games unbeaten in my league against a mix of computer managed teams and human managed teams. I have not changed any tactics whatsoever whether home or away cup or domestic. I don't care what the other team is going to do I am going to play my best team and the same tactics I wont always win but who cares I reckon I will win more than I will get beaten in. Not that I would compare myself to Fergie but do you think he can't sleep at night wondering how Wigan will set up....No he will play his system with the best team he can put.

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: Counter formations Updated Version!!!: In my experience at managing and also general comprehension of tactics, I think that: To counter 4-4-2, I would use 3-4-2-1 with diagonal arrows on player

In this thread I will tell you which formations counter which. This is a simple, down to earth thread, easy for everyone to use. Enjoy

Re: Counter formations Well the 4-2-3-1 formation may be very strong, but one thing a team needs is good full backs to make it strong. Worse if the person uses counter attacks, because it leaves it v

Posted Images

What puzzles me about all this counter formation stuff is this' date=' when playing a computer managed team how do you set up a counter formation when you don't know what formation the computer team is going to play. Having just gone 15 games unbeaten in my league against a mix of computer managed teams and human managed teams. I have not changed any tactics whatsoever whether home or away cup or domestic. I don't care what the other team is going to do I am going to play my best team and the same tactics I wont always win but who cares I reckon I will win more than I will get beaten in. Not that I would compare myself to Fergie but do you think he can't sleep at night wondering how Wigan will set up....No he will play his system with the best team he can put.[/quote']

That system guarantees consistent results.

The counter formations thread was set up where you play a known formation, and thus you can use a different formation IF your current formation is shown to be susceptible against the one your opponent will play.

It also helps in squad rotation-in case of injuries etc.

And Fergie does change formation/personnel/tactics against different teams.:)

Now 16 league games unbeaten' date=' not changed tactics or formation since November. Plenty of people in my world have changed their formation/tactics as it is quite obvious what I am going to do but to no effect.[/quote']

[sARCASM]Have you ever thought about applying for the Arsenal job?[/sARCASM]

Hey have been using this thread with very good results. In my last 11 games, I've lost just once to the top side in the division, and I misestimated what he would do. Next up, I have a team playing 4-5-1. However, their arrows are crazy

---------------------Goalie-----------------------

---^---------------------------------------^----

---2-----------4---------------5-----------3-----

---------------v---------------v-----------------

---^------------------10------------------^-----

---7-----------6-------v -----8------------9-----

---------------v--------------v------------------

-------------------------------------------------

-----------------------9-------------------------

The "v" and "^" are the arrows. The team that just faced them used 3-2-2-2-1 as is advised, but they lost 1-0. This is a pivotal game. Do you have any advice for me? Thanks for the thread, it really is very good. I think counter formations work to some extent, though, it can also be a better idea to use a set formation. 4-2-3-1 seems to be nearly unbeatable in my experience.

4-2-3-1 is working for me at the moment against everyone I am on a 15 game winning streak.

Arrows Back on defensive midfielders.

Tackling Style - Hard

Mentality - Normal

Passing Style -Mixed

Attacking Style - Mixed

Tempo - Normal

Pressing - All over

Play Style

Counter-Attack

Men Behind Ball

Tight Marking

Use Playmaker

Use Target Man

Playmaker a defensive midfielder and target man striker :)

I am going for 21 unbeaten in my league tonight' date=' last lost 27 November. I have not changed tactics formation or instructions at all since 27 November, what does this say about counter formations.[/quote']

I'd say that you are a good manager with a good team, so no need to use the counters :)

Kind words my friend but I am not that good and my team has an avg of rating of 93 and I def don't have all my games worlds best players and only a first team squad of 27. If anything I think not changing all the time and playing the same team is more important. By the way 21 unbeaten.

Riferimento: Re: Counter formations

Want to ask a question regarding 433wingers

i have hummels and t.silva so whom should i use as CB and other as DM in my formation

currently i use t.silva as DM and hummels as CB to partner with subotic my second CB

it depends on your opponent in my opinion

for example if he has ibrahimovic in attack and aimar as AM i would preferably use silva as CB and hummels as DM.

To counter 4-3-3 wingers' date='[/color'] use 4-1-3-2 or 4-4-2 diamond

Most the time when I play against a formation of 4-3-3 Wingers, I generally

lose, Is 4-1-3-2 and the 4-4-2 Diamond formation the two you would

still suggest for me to use against it or is there any others that you would suggest at this present time? (I play against 4-3-3 Wingers on Wednesday)

Most the time when I play against a formation of 4-3-3 Wingers' date=' I generally

still suggest for me to use against it or is there any others that you would suggest at this present time? (I play against 4-3-3 Wingers on Wednesday)[/quote']

use 442 diamonds mate,

or since the SM machine has changed I wouldn't say no to a 352 as they have been getting me results recently

Most the time when I play against a formation of 4-3-3 Wingers' date=' I generally

still suggest for me to use against it or is there any others that you would suggest at this present time? (I play against 4-3-3 Wingers on Wednesday)[/quote']

32221 not a bad shout too, it's completely your choice :) I made this for the newbies, which I don't think applies to you (Unless I'm wrong??? :rolleyes::D:p)

GL (is this in EC8000?)

use 442 diamonds mate' date='

or since the SM machine has changed I wouldn't say no to a 352 as they have been getting me results recently[/quote']

32221 not a bad shout too' date=' it's completely your choice :) I made this for the newbies, which I don't think applies to you (Unless I'm wrong??? :rolleyes::D:p)

GL (is this in EC8000?)[/quote']

I wouldnt suggest 3-5-2 at all mate, Not 100% sure if you are in EC7777, If you are have a look In EC7777 At My Man City schedule Look on 28th January of last month, I played At Cardiff, There average rating was about 88 with 4-3-3 Wingers, Mine average rating was 92 with the 3-5-2 and I managed to lose 3-0 :eek: - That was with my players in the correct positions, didnt work well at all.

Yeah It is EC8000, My Yeovil face Preston on Wednesday who play the 4-3-3 Wingers, Ive got be careful with trusting you considering im top of the league and your right behind me in 2nd ;), I will see mate on Matchday and probably decide then.

Cheers :)

What formation should i use to counter 4-2-2 diamond. I really need help i need to win the match otherwise i will loose the championship, so please help me i need a good formation to counter 4-2-2 diamond and please reply as soon as you can because the match is tomorrow. please help me :)