Counter formations

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: Counter formations Updated Version!!!: In my experience at managing and also general comprehension of tactics, I think that: To counter 4-4-2, I would use 3-4-2-1 with diagonal arrows on player

In this thread I will tell you which formations counter which. This is a simple, down to earth thread, easy for everyone to use. Enjoy

Re: Counter formations Well the 4-2-3-1 formation may be very strong, but one thing a team needs is good full backs to make it strong. Worse if the person uses counter attacks, because it leaves it v

Posted Images

Re: Counter formations

does anyone have any specific tactics that they use away from home and at home? i use 3-4-1-2 or 3-5-2 and 3-2-2-2-1 against unmanaged sides regardless of there formation. I have found though that i lose more games away from home than i do at home using the first two set of tactics. Am i better using 4-4-2 away from home? i have very strong sides (93+ average).

Against unmanaged sides who usually play 442 or 433, I would use 4411, I always knew 4411 works against 442, but I tried it against 433 tonight and I won 5-0!!!!! I had 70%posession and 36 shots to his 9, 15 on target to his 1 !!! And by the way I was manchester united average rating of 92, against his barcelona with a. Rating of 94.

Against unmanaged sides who usually play 442 or 433' date=' I would use 4411, I always knew 4411 works against 442, but I tried it against 433 tonight and I won 5-0!!!!! I had 70%posession and 36 shots to his 9, 15 on target to his 1 !!! And by the way I was manchester united average rating of 92, against his barcelona with a. Rating of 94.[/quote']

thanks for that mate, so what team player and in game instructions do you use?

Also the same question regarding home and away games what is your set up for that?

thanks for that mate' date=' so what team player and in game instructions do you use?

Also the same question regarding home and away games what is your set up for that?[/quote']

I tick every tactic box except offside trap.

I play normal tackling, fast tempo, mixed passing, attacking mixed

I don't really have a system of home and away games tactics, I usually scout my opponents most recent formation and use a counter for that. I win most of the time

Riferimento: Counter formations

How to counter 4-4-2 diamond

don't see the instructions because they have been used to counter my opponent's tactic

numbers 6 and 8 are DMs : Gattuso and Van Bommel if you want to know.

with 4-5-1 and this strategy of having 2 DMs in the middle you will be more confident of a victory against the diamond formation

another tip is to use tight marking and press in your own half

here is the MR:

controil442diamante.jpg

Probably another counter-tactic for 4-1-3-2

it's like a 3-3-2-2

where you have 3 flat CBs, 3 CM/DMs or 3 DMs, 2 Wingers and 2 strikers

i'm not sure of its validity having used it only one time but if you want to try it by yourself and help this thread it's better ^^

i think the most important points with that are: pressing all over and going down both flanks with counter-attack

now here is the tactic

controil4132.jpg

Ive dropped 4 points all season using this, beats Unmanaged teams 99% of the time and is fairly consistent against higher and lower rated teams. I reccomend switching to 4-4-2 and keeping the same tactics when away to higher rated teams.

Use your highest rated CM as your playmaker and highest rated FWD/ST as target man. You will find your secondary striker absoloutley smashes in the goals.

http://img543.imageshack.us/img543/9915/teamgw.jpg

How can I counter a 4231 away from home, I have an average rating of 91, he has one of 90, Should I just try matching up but going defensive?

If not my main strength is my CBs so is there a good counter formation with 3 at the back, this is my squad:

FRIEDEL, Brad Gk 40 90

£4.8M -

-

JANSSON, Oscar Gk 21 73

£100k -

-

ALBA, Jordi LB/LM 22 88

£6.4M 1336258800 6 May

-

ASSOU-EKOTTO, Benoît LB 27 89

£7.6M -

-

WALKER, Kyle RB/LB 21 88

£8.6M -

-

LAUTOA, Wesley RB/CB 24 75

£240k 13 Apr

-

KABOUL, Younès CB/RB 26 89

£7.9M -

Int

RAMI, Adil CB 26 91

£14.6M 2 May

-

SAKHO, Mamadou CB 22 90

£14.3M 18 Apr

Ln

ALBIOL, Raúl CB 26 90

£7.9M -

TBd

DAWSON, Michael CB 28 89

£7.4M -

-

VERTONGHEN, Jan Def/DM 24 90

£11.9M 1336258800 6 May

-

PARKER, Scott DM/CM 31 90

£7.1M -

-

SANDRO, Ranieri DM/CM 22 89

£9.1M -

Ln

KHEDIRA, Sami CM/DM 24 91

£10.6M -

Inj

MODRIC, Luka CM/LM 26 93

£25.8M -

-

LIVERMORE, Jake CM 22 83

£2.3M -

Int

VAN DER VAART, Rafael AM/Wing 29 92

£14.0M -

Int

LUCAS, Rodrigues AM/Wing 19 88

£10.0M 1336258800 6 May

-

HAMROUN, Jugurtha AM/Fwd 23 74

£160k 13 Apr

Int

BALE, Gareth Wing/LB 22 91

£18.1M -

-

LENNON, Aaron Wing 24 90

£11.4M -

-

KABANGU, Patou Fwd/AM 26 77

£450k 13 Apr

-

PODOLSKI, Lukas Fwd/Wing 26 91

£14.2M 16 Apr

-

KONE, Koro Fwd 22 74

£170k 13 Apr

Ln

ADEBAYOR, Emmanuel CF 28 91

£8.4M -

-

SOLDADO, Roberto CF 26 90

£11.0M 10 Apr

-

DAMIAO, Leandro

Thanks

Thanks Mudito sharing your counter-tactic with us and helping this topic

i will do the same posting the counter-tactic for 3-4-2-1:

5-4-1

It provides your team with wide defence cover area and lots of triangles in order to keep some possession with short passesand hit on the break (counter-attack)

contro3421.jpg

If you want to know my 11 men were:

3 CBs

1 RB/RM

1 LB/LM

1 DM/CM

2 CMs

1 AM

1 CF

Re: Respuesta: Counter formations

I Don't Know But...

3ceb07bf4eeb.png

Me: Porto > Average = 94

Him: Benfica > Average = 90

Yeah... I think I said that a while back... I'm sorry about this, but I think SM has changed their system to prevent this counter, which worked very well some time ago, from becoming too successful, so every now and then you get some dodgy results :o

i think it's also because of benfica's istructions

in his place i wouldn't have used short with you high pressing him in his half

i would have selected counter-attack with you using all those arrows leaving spaces in the midfield

i would have selected mixed and not down both flanks where you were well covered

i would have selected also fast and hard to counter you

doing like this i'm not sure whether you would win or not

according to me we should say that formations with arrows are not the same as not using the arrows...

Riferimento: Re: Counter formations

Against unmanaged sides who usually play 442 or 433' date=' I would use 4411, I always knew 4411 works against 442, but I tried it against 433 tonight and I won 5-0!!!!! I had 70%posession and 36 shots to his 9, 15 on target to his 1 !!! And by the way I was manchester united average rating of 92, against his barcelona with a. Rating of 94.[/quote']

Many thanks for this info...it can be very useful :)

hello guys i am going to against a very tough team which got both ronaldo and messi and he uses 4-3-3 wingers

which formation can i use to counter it

normally i use 3-5-2 but i am not sure about this one :)

I wouldnt use 442 diamond anymore, recently lost heavily twice using them... :(

hello guys i am going to against a very tough team which got both ronaldo and messi and he uses 4-3-3 wingers

which formation can i use to counter it

normally i use 3-5-2 but i am not sure about this one :)

Depend On Squad, I Would Use 4-2-3-1 Or 3-5-2 And 4-4-2D If You Have Two 93+ DM Don't Hesitate to Play 4-2-3-1 & Switch To 3-5-2 If Draw/Losing, Else Play With 3-5-2 And Switch To 4-4-2D.

Good Luck

i don't recommend 3-5-2 because i think that 4-3-3 wingers used with the correct instructions is still a good counter-tactic vs 3-5-2 so better not to risk

in my opinion you could copy it and go defensive minded and play defensive style it he plays offensively. i have done always and at least picked up a draw, however never failed.

another possibility, as people have already told, is : 4-2-3-1

and i would like also to add 'normal' 4-5-1 that none has mentioned before, although it's similar to 4-2-3-1 they're different :P

Re: Riferimento: Counter formations

i don't recommend 3-5-2 because i think that 4-3-3 wingers used with the correct instructions is still a good counter-tactic vs 3-5-2 so better not to risk

in my opinion you could copy it and go defensive minded and play defensive style it he plays offensively. i have done always and at least picked up a draw' date=' however never failed.

another possibility, as people have already told, is : 4-2-3-1

and i would like also to add 'normal' 4-5-1 that none has mentioned before, although it's similar to 4-2-3-1 they're different :P[/quote']

i agree

i lost the match 2-4 :D