Counter formations

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: Counter formations Updated Version!!!: In my experience at managing and also general comprehension of tactics, I think that: To counter 4-4-2, I would use 3-4-2-1 with diagonal arrows on player

In this thread I will tell you which formations counter which. This is a simple, down to earth thread, easy for everyone to use. Enjoy

Re: Counter formations Well the 4-2-3-1 formation may be very strong, but one thing a team needs is good full backs to make it strong. Worse if the person uses counter attacks, because it leaves it v

Posted Images

Re: Counter formations

Anyone have good counter for 32221? Thanks

SAW A FAR SUPERIOR 352 BEAT 32221 -but not much info on that one-when I tried playing 32221 I usually lost against most formations. So not sure you should go too much of a counter-unless you are down at 60 mins etc.

BTW any other persons notice that some weird results last couple rounds-had a couple 352 lose handsomely to unmanaged 442 , had sides dominate possession/shots and again lose handsomely.

SAW A FAR SUPERIOR 352 BEAT 32221 -but not much info on that one-when I tried playing 32221 I usually lost against most formations. So not sure you should go too much of a counter-unless you are down at 60 mins etc.

BTW any other persons notice that some weird results last couple rounds-had a couple 352 lose handsomely to unmanaged 442 ' date=' had sides dominate possession/shots and again lose handsomely.[/quote']

Yup, me too, I dominated and lost 7-2, 5-2 and drew 3-3 trice

Im gonna try a 352 as I have been scouting him and he has lost to 352 a couple of times ;)

Yup' date=' me too, I dominated and lost 7-2, 5-2 and drew 3-3 trice

Im gonna try a 352 as I have been scouting him and he has lost to 352 a couple of times ;)[/quote']

yeah had losses of 4-1, 3-0 and drew a couple time 3-3 , 4-4 after coming from behind.

well with 3 at the back he will always leave that rb/lb position a bit open.

So I am playing against a 451 and I have a great team with an average of 95 but i lost many games already so what tactic do you suggest me to use

Thanks for any reply

According to Hyina, 3-2-2-2-1 counters 4-5-1, just before every big game, play a friendly against another team to see if the tactics work for your team, they don't guarantee success every time but are based on majority wins in league games, cup games, friendlies etc ;)

Is there a way to counter 442 without using 4 defenders

with my team i like to use only 3 defenders but what do you suggest ???

If you don't know any way to do it Just suggest a 4 defenders tactic PLZ

Any help would be appreciated ;)

352 usually works fine-however the tactics are the key -which I won't tell you as I want you to enjoy the feeling of winning something on your own:)

i played a 3-5-2 formation at home with an average rating of 96 against a 93 rated chelsea side that played 4-4-2. i lost 2-0, i have no weak players in my side (lowest being 94) it has to be down to my in team and player instructions. I have tried numerous things but with no success. FRUSTRATED isn't the word. now can anyone give me any suggestions on how to set up my player instructions, surely teams should be worrying about me when i can boast a team that has Xavi Ronaldo Messi Rooney Vidic Puyol Casillas Alves etc. Really am at my wits end

i played a 3-5-2 formation at home with an average rating of 96 against a 93 rated chelsea side that played 4-4-2. i lost 2-0' date=' i have no weak players in my side (lowest being 94) it has to be down to my in team and player instructions. I have tried numerous things but with no success. FRUSTRATED isn't the word. now can anyone give me any suggestions on how to set up my player instructions, surely teams should be worrying about me when i can boast a team that has Xavi Ronaldo Messi Rooney Vidic Puyol Casillas Alves etc. Really am at my wits end[/quote']

First of all I wouldn't play 352, not after SM changed their stuff and made things more variable with that formation. I personally found 4411 have worked amazingly nowadays so I would try that instead when you next come up against a 442.

Sometimes having the best 11 isn't the most important; i.e. I had average of 92.9 and lost 5-2 to a side average of 89 :/

Plus, recently there has been a lot of dodgy results so I wouldn't worry too much; your team is fantastic and it makes me very jealous ;)

did SM change the match engine ??

I think they did.

I have a Motherwell team with the highest Ave Rating in the league.

I was beating Rangers, Celtic, Hearts etc all 4-0 comfortably for weeks.

Now I havent won in 4 and Ive been knocked out of 2 cups :(

Same tactic, same players.

i played a 3-5-2 formation at home with an average rating of 96 against a 93 rated chelsea side that played 4-4-2. i lost 2-0' date=' i have no weak players in my side (lowest being 94) it has to be down to my in team and player instructions. I have tried numerous things but with no success. FRUSTRATED isn't the word. now can anyone give me any suggestions on how to set up my player instructions, surely teams should be worrying about me when i can boast a team that has Xavi Ronaldo Messi Rooney Vidic Puyol Casillas Alves etc. Really am at my wits end[/quote']

lol.happened to me today-but won one (2-0) and lost (2-1) won having dominated stats against 442.

First of all I wouldn't play 352' date=' not after SM changed their stuff and made things more variable with that formation. I personally found 4411 have worked amazingly nowadays so I would try that instead when you next come up against a 442.

Sometimes having the best 11 isn't the most important; i.e. I had average of 92.9 and lost 5-2 to a side average of 89 :/

Plus, recently there has been a lot of dodgy results so I wouldn't worry too much; your team is fantastic and it makes me very jealous ;)[/quote']

True-now get your books out-and get to studying for your AS :)

did SM change the match engine ??

Recent results in the couple gameworlds I have been in for the last two weeks have been really unusual. So I would guess it's been tweaked.

does the tip still working for now?

Good question-in many cases they may work , but formations is just part of it-as tactics/ratings are very important.

A good idea is look back at matches played in your gameworld and use whatever worked against your opponents. At best you get tactics/formations for your match at least you learn what does not work.

lol.happened to me today-but won one (2-0) and lost (2-1) won having dominated stats against 442.

True-now get your books out-and get to studying for your AS :)

Recent results in the couple gameworlds I have been in for the last two weeks have been really unusual. So I would guess it's been tweaked.

agreed, the last 2-3 weeks have seen me lose incredible games, 4-0 to equal stats, lost 4-1 to a team playing EXACT same formation and tactics as me with 94 to 89 rating in my adv.. which makes no sense anyway you look at it though... some strange results lately