Counter formations

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: Counter formations Updated Version!!!: In my experience at managing and also general comprehension of tactics, I think that: To counter 4-4-2, I would use 3-4-2-1 with diagonal arrows on player

In this thread I will tell you which formations counter which. This is a simple, down to earth thread, easy for everyone to use. Enjoy

Re: Counter formations Well the 4-2-3-1 formation may be very strong, but one thing a team needs is good full backs to make it strong. Worse if the person uses counter attacks, because it leaves it v

Posted Images

Re: Counter formations

To All The Fellow SMs

I would like to inform you that the match engine had changed

i had winning streak of 12 matches in a row and with great results 5-1 ,4-1,5-0......etc

but then i drew 3 in a row and lost 1 although i was using exactly the same formation and same players and above that my team is the highest rated in my GW

so yesterday i decided to use '' my skills'' as a manager and by studying the opponent's weak points and using the right tactics and counter formations

and i won against an equally rated team as mine

so in conc : it's getting tougher and 1 formation won't win u all ur matches ( at least with me )

hope everything is clear now

cheers mates ;)

In the interest of adding info to the thread will post formation that had won me a match-without the tactics.

In this home match was against a superior team and 1-0 down at half time.Scored two goals by changing formation as follows.

scaled.php?server=855&filename=541beats352.png&res=medium

Tactics will not be included since I believe you want to win-rather than having another person win matches for you.

Best of luck.

I would hope others would do the same :)

First of all I wouldn't play 352' date=' not after SM changed their stuff and made things more variable with that formation. I personally found 4411 have worked amazingly nowadays so I would try that instead when you next come up against a 442.

Sometimes having the best 11 isn't the most important; i.e. I had average of 92.9 and lost 5-2 to a side average of 89 :/

Plus, recently there has been a lot of dodgy results so I wouldn't worry too much; your team is fantastic and it makes me very jealous ;)[/quote']

see i found 4-4-2 worked away from home and 3-4-1-2 worked at home. may try the 4-4-1-1 formation away from home if 4-4-2 does not work.

All i am after is advice on what are the best formations to use as an all round safe bet, or does it now mean you have to pick a tactic to suit your opponent. In the old game engine it worked against your team if you changed your formation weekly.

According to Hyina' date=' 3-2-2-2-1 counters 4-5-1, just before every big game, play a friendly against another team to see if the tactics work for your team, they don't guarantee success every time but are based on majority wins in league games, cup games, friendlies etc ;)[/quote']

Well, I'm up against a 4-5-1 (not 4-5-1 Def) in a Cup title match.

We just played a league game, and I had the advantages:

I was home team.

My side 91-92 rated; his 88-89. solid 3 pt difference.

My O players (Bayern regulars: 93,94,95) far out-rated his defenders (88,87,87,88)

I knew his side was depleted from previous cup tie, mine starters well rested, so I rotated in my top 6 players, bringing in 3 high rated starters at 60 minutes.

We both played 451s with similar tactics. Main difference was his attack through the middle, mine was mixed, and he played counterattack, I didn't.

Game was a 1-1 draw; he even scored first and had slightly higher possession. I thought with home advantage and 3 points rating and higher rating defending his attack channel would make for a comfortable win.

Can't find enough 451 games in my gameworlds to see successful counterformations. Haven't tried the 3-2-2-2-1, and reluctant to use it for the first time in a Final.

I often use a 5-4-1, but that also looks pretty even.

I'm thinking I need to get more players into the attack. His team may be slightly better for the final (if he rests his starters in the league game prior), but I plan on having my full strength team, so should be 3 pt advantage still.

I'm thinking:

4-5-1 Defensive, with all 4 outside players (RB,RM,LB,LM) pushing up. That leaves 2 in the back against his striker, and the midfielders join the attack while the fullbacks fill in towards the midfield (2-5-3 vs 1-5-4).

Else:

5-3-2. More conservative, but putting 2 dominant players up front. 5-3-2 looks a lot like a 3-5-2.

3-2-2-2-1 does look like it could work, but would like to get more feedback on it. I like the idea of using a target man laying off the ball to the 2 men behind him. All 3 players would be strong on my team, as well as the playmaker behind them.

Any suggestions? Thanks.

Riferimento: Counter formations

I have performed some tests against 4-5-1 and i want to share with you the results i obtained:

NO 3-5-2

NO 3-4-1-2

NO 4-2-3-1

NO 4-4-2 DIAMOND

NO 4-1-3-2

YES 4-3-3 WINGERS

So my experience suggests that 4-3-3 wingers could possibly beat 4-5-1.

Try it with hard tackles, attacking mentality, mixed passes, attack down both flanks, fast tempo and press all over. then select your playmaker , i suggest you to use your better rated winger.

Riferimento: Re: Counter formations

i think so' date='i was doing well with a club of (leeds)89 rated players,i move to manUtd,messi,cr7.etc nd i just lost 5 games am confused just need sm help or advice..[/quote']

I think it would be helpful if you could paste here your squad, because we cannot help you without knowing how good your side is etc etc...

Well' date=' I'm up against a 4-5-1 (not 4-5-1 Def) in a Cup title match.

We just played a league game, and I had the advantages:

Any suggestions? Thanks.[/quote']

Saw a 541 with defensive arrows on RM/LM beat 451 3-0 not too long ago,

However match engine sucks.

Lot of matches have ended as draw in this last period' date=' despite the statistics are good enough to legitimate a victory.

If that is the case I think i wll leave the game.[/quote']

Nah just means a bit more work mate :)

Well pretty soon -the unmanaged side may be league champions and such-if only SM can protect unmanaged sides from poaching.

And yeah it seems 4231 is the new 352 for most managers .

yes 4-2-3-1 is difficult to be taken down now

i played this month 6 times against 4-2-3-1 teams

lost 4 against teams that are min 3 pts rating below my team

and drew 1 with a team equally rated

and last match was yesterday

my team is rated 93 i played against an 89 team

and i had to change the tactics 3 times during the game and the formation 1 time to get a very close victory

i won 4-3 after trailing 2-1 in the first half using the 3-5-2 i had to change the tactics at half time but i was trailing 3-2 until min 75 when i used 3-3-4 and benzema got me 2 goals in 2 minutes :D

although i am happy with the result but i am not happy because i can't find a formation that can get me a convincible win against 4-2-3-1 and managed 4-4-2 playing defensive and slow :confused::confused::confused:

yes 4-2-3-1 is difficult to be taken down now

i played this month 6 times against 4-2-3-1 teams

lost 4 against teams that are min 3 pts rating below my team

and drew 1 with a team equally rated

and last match was yesterday

my team is rated 93 i played against an 89 team

and i had to change the tactics 3 times during the game and the formation 1 time to get a very close victory

i won 4-3 after trailing 2-1 in the first half using the 3-5-2 i had to change the tactics at half time but i was trailing 3-2 until min 75 when i used 3-3-4 and benzema got me 2 goals in 2 minutes :D

although i am happy with the result but i am not happy because i can't find a formation that can get me a convincible win against 4-2-3-1 and managed 4-4-2 playing defensive and slow :confused::confused::confused:

That was pretty impressive-3 tactical changes...I usually go for two with the second an aggressive counter to the first.

Well the most convincing wins I have seen against 4231 is 541/352 :eek: which is shocking!

Well the 4-2-3-1 formation may be very strong, but one thing a team needs is good full backs to make it strong. Worse if the person uses counter attacks, because it leaves it vulnarable to flank attacks.

I am playing a 5-3-2 formation.

Absolutely No Forward runs!

Tempo... fast

Attacking style... mixed

Game style... attacking

Passing... mixed

Men Behind ball... yes

Tackling... Normal

Counterattack... may vary, but better not to as your team may fluff many chances, unless the team is very efficient (score alot).

Use Target Man... Yes

Use playmaker... Yes

NB: 1. Both the playmaker and target man need to be the two players upfront. They need to be very efficient in terms of goals and assists.

2. This formation can be used to both contain and attack. It is only vulnarable to very strong wing play. This means the two full backs behind the line need to be very good (a Key Element to any good team). You may also use an LM or and RM in these positions, improving the attacking players in the starting lineup.

3. A good formation in case you may want to 'kill the game' is to play a 3-5-2. Here the two full backs move futher up the pitch and can be replaced by wingers.

Mastering these 2 formations will greatly improve you point and win average. My highest win with these formations (mainly the 5-3-2) was 12-1 and I am playing with an average rating of 87-89 in my starting lineup.

Guys' date=' Does 352/4411 Still works against 442?

I Tried It Before, It Wont Work For Me...[/quote']

hmmm well I did switch a couple matches ago when losing to a 451 by using 442 diamond-defensive mentality and won 3-1 after being 1-0 down at 45mins.

But with this new engine it's anyone guess.

Still No Way To Defeat 451? :confused:

4-2-2-2 never fails to get me out of trouble/losing streak. Arrows going forward on the full backs and wingers/AMs.

Attacking mentality, Hard tackling, fast tempo

Use Playmaker, tight marking,

One of your CMs/DMs as playmaker.

And if that fails...3-3-4 at 60 mins