Counter formations

Re: Counter formations

Hy guys, i read this thread and it's phenomenal, for me at least, really good work:D, i have a few questions though.

I manage Newcastle United in a game world and the season before the last, i won it using 3-5-2, hard tackling, attacking, direct passing, own half pressing, fast tempo, and used everithyng accept men behind ball, only 4 losses the entire season and 4 or 5 draws. Last season i was second and played the same tactic for the first 7 games and won them but in the 8th game i started loosing badly 4 in a row and by the end of the season i had 9 defeats and 4 draws.

This season i thought of using your favorite 4-5-1 defensive with the indications you gave, and i want to ask if you could tell me what is the attacking style used mixed, through the midlle etc.

I am interested in wining most of the games this season, this is my squad and could you please tell me if 4-5-1 is the better choice or any sugestions you have would be very helpful, and please be specific if you can, including arrows and every player where to put and so on.

Thank you

This is my squad:

P.CECHGk 93-

2-D.ALVES RB/RM 95-

3-V.MARCELO LB/LM 93-

4-S.RAMOS RB/CB 94-

5-G.CHIELLINI CB/LB 94-

6-W.ROONEY Fwd/A 95-

7-A.VALENCIA Wing 91-

8-C.FABREGAS AM/CM 95-

9-R.VAN PERSIE Fwd/W 94-

10-Thiago.SILVA CB/DM 94-

11-A.ROBBEN Wing 94-

P.EVRALB93-

13-R.FALCAO CF 91-

14-C.MARCHISIO CM/LM 91-

15-J.MOUTINHO CM 91-

16-J.WILSHERE CM 89-

17-L.SUAREZ Fwd/A 92-

18-A.YOUNG Wing 90-

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: Counter formations Updated Version!!!: In my experience at managing and also general comprehension of tactics, I think that: To counter 4-4-2, I would use 3-4-2-1 with diagonal arrows on player

In this thread I will tell you which formations counter which. This is a simple, down to earth thread, easy for everyone to use. Enjoy

Re: Counter formations Well the 4-2-3-1 formation may be very strong, but one thing a team needs is good full backs to make it strong. Worse if the person uses counter attacks, because it leaves it v

Posted Images

Riferimento: Counter formations

ok. did you notice something particular in the match reports?

what do you read about possession, shots and so on?

for example i would'nt use direct passes but mixed to keep more possession and at the same time being unpredictable.

and what about pressing and play-style options? you didn't tell anything about.

Couple of weird results tonight, played 3 442s who all had inferior teams to mine and I drew 'em all. Stats weren't great either. Weird thing is 352 seems back in favour with SM now and I've seen a lot of wins with them in other teams so I would try that against 442s and maybe leave the 4411 for a bit

Couple of weird results tonight' date=' played 3 442s who all had inferior teams to mine and I drew 'em all. Stats weren't great either. Weird thing is 352 seems back in favour with SM now and I've seen a lot of wins with them in other teams so I would try that against 442s and maybe leave the 4411 for a bit [/i']

In EC7777 I looked at Liverpool's formation and they played 4-4-2 last game, they have a average rating of 92 and we both played the same age of 26 last game with similar values.

I played them tonight:

Turns out after looking at the result tonight that they played 3-5-2, I played 4-4-1-1, strangely I won 0-3, Very surprised 4-4-1-1 beat 3-5-2, perhaps it was a one off, I dont no.

His 3-5-2 had an average rating of 92, age 25 and value was £17.9M

My 4-4-1-1 had a average rating of 92, age 25, and value was £18.4M

As you can see our sides were Very even in terms of age, squad and value, but thankfully my 4-4-1-1 beat it, here are the stats.

40% 60%

Total Shots

8 14

Shots On Target

6 7

Corners

7 6

Yellow Cards

2 0

Red Cards

0 0

Also, I put arrows on 7 players, the full backs and wingers both running forward with the CM behind my AM gerrard running backwards with the other guy in CM (Muller) running forward, My AM (Gerrard) who was playing behind aguero was running forward towards the striker.

If you are in EC7777 you might want take a look see how it worked :), This might help some people beat 3-5-2.

David Silva got an hatrick btw, he scored them all, he was on the left wing.

Another interesting one-with tactics left in.

Leyton (me) rated /92 Forest (451) rated 87-unmanaged

Started off as 352 -2-0 down at half time : Note 451 beats 352 :o

Second half switch to the tactics below and end up winning 4-2 -Go figure.

2cxcgi.jpg

I am too embarrassed to post any of the rest :o

In EC7777 I looked at Liverpool's formation and they played 4-4-2 last game' date=' they have a average rating of 92 and we both played the same age of 26 last game with similar values.

I played them tonight:

Turns out after looking at the result tonight that they played 3-5-2, I played 4-4-1-1, strangely I won 0-3, Very surprised 4-4-1-1 beat 3-5-2, perhaps it was a one off, I dont no.

His 3-5-2 had an average rating of 92, age 25 and value was £17.9M

My 4-4-1-1 had a average rating of 92, age 25, and value was £18.4M

As you can see our sides were Very even in terms of age, squad and value, but thankfully my 4-4-1-1 beat it, here are the stats.

40% [b']60%[/b]

Total Shots

8 14

Shots On Target

6 7

Corners

7 6

Yellow Cards

2 0

Red Cards

0 0

Also, I put arrows on 7 players, the full backs and wingers both running forward with the CM behind my AM gerrard running backwards with the other guy in CM (Muller) running forward, My AM (Gerrard) who was playing behind aguero was running forward towards the striker.

If you are in EC7777 you might want take a look see how it worked :), This might help some people beat 3-5-2.

David Silva got an hatrick btw, he scored them all, he was on the left wing.

i will try it out. Thanks Benjamin :)

hey again,

what would be the best tactics against a 3-5-2 with an average of 94, players like messi benzema aguero ashley cole, yaya toure schweinsteiger, muller gotze di maria puyol, maicon, de rossi, bale, sanchez, and a few more 91 rated.

these are the players my oponent has available to play with, he usually plays 3-5-2 with mostly wingers in the midfield arrows forward on 3 of them, so verry ofensive, last season he beat me, i have the shield final against him, and my players are:

P.CECHGk 93-

2-D.ALVES RB/RM 95-

3-V.MARCELO LB/LM 93-

4-S.RAMOS RB/CB 94-

5-G.CHIELLINI CB/LB 94-

6-W.ROONEY Fwd/A 95-

7-A.VALENCIA Wing 91-

8-C.FABREGAS AM/CM 95-

9-R.VAN PERSIE Fwd/W 94-

10-Thiago.SILVA CB/DM 94-

11-A.ROBBEN Wing 94-

P.EVRA LB93-

13-R.FALCAO CF 91-

14-C.MARCHISIO CM/LM 91-

15-J.MOUTINHO CM 91-

16-J.WILSHERE CM 89-

17-L.SUAREZ Fwd/A 92-

18-A.YOUNG Wing 90-

I think of playng 3-5-2 like this:

.........................................CECH 93 GK................................................

........................................................................................................

.........RAMOS........................CHIELLINI.............................MARCELO........

.........94 RB\CB.......................94 CB\LB.............................93LB\LM........

........................................................................................................

..................................................^....................................................

.............................................ARROW.............................................................................................T. SILVA..................................................

.............................................CB\DM 94..............................................

.....DANI ALVES................FABREGAS................MARCHISIO...........ROBBEN..

.....RB\RM 95.....................CM\AM 95................CM\LM 91............WING 94

........................................ARROW............................................ARROW.

...........................................!......................................................!...........................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................W.ROONEY............V.PERSIE............................

.......................................AM\FWD 95............FWD\WING 94...................

Tackling Style Hard

Mentality Normal

Passing Style Direct

Attacking Style Mixed

Tempo Normal

Pressing Own Half

Counter-Attack Yes

Men Behind Ball Yes

Tight Marking Yes

Play Offside No

Use Play Maker Yes

Use Target Man Yes

Captain R. VAN PERSIE

Penalty Taker W. ROONEY

Corner Taker D. ALVES

Free Kicks C. FABREGAS

Play Maker C. FABREGAS

Target Man W. ROONEY

WITH THIS TACTIC I WON MY LAST FRIENDLY WITH :

Newcastle United 4 - 2 Leverkusen

P CECH 7

2 S RAMOS 7

3 V MARCELO 8

4 G CHIELLINI 7

5 T SILVA 8

6 C MARCHISIO 7

7 D ALVES 7

8 C FABREGAS 7

9 R VAN PERSIE © 8

10 W ROONEY(59)RED CARD 7

11 A ROBBEN 7

THE OTHER TEAM GOT LOWER GRADES THEN MY PLAYERS BUT STILL, WHAT DO YOU THINK I SHOULD IMPROVE FOR THIS TACTIC, AND WHAT ANY OTHERS I CAN USE?

THANKS IN ADVANCE GUYS MUCH APRICIATED (MARCODALCIN)

Hi guys,

great thread and very helpful but i need some ideas.

I've got 4 games to go in a league with my friends. I'm second on goal diff. by 5 goals.

I need to win my next 4 games with a high number of goals.

Any ideas?

My team avg. is 94 and my next 4 matches are against unmanaged sides.. 89,88,88 & 86.

Riferimento: Re: Counter formations

Hi guys' date='

great thread and very helpful but i need some ideas.

I've got 4 games to go in a league with my friends. I'm second on goal diff. by 5 goals.

I need to win my next 4 games with a high number of goals.

Any ideas?

My team avg. is 94 and my next 4 matches are against unmanaged sides.. 89,88,88 & 86.[/quote']

use arampage's 5-4-1 with arrows pointing forward on your fullbacks/wingbacks

use:

HARD, ATTACKING, SHORT/MIXED, MIXED, FAST, ALL OVER, COUNTER-ATTACK, MEN BENHIND BALL, TARGET MAN (your CF or Fwd)

http://www.soccermanager.com/profile.php?cid=2665661

I normally wouldn't do this but I have lost 8 in a row now... Bottom of league etc... I've tried literally every formation but none of them works...

In preseason I won everygame tho with 442, then in the first 3 games I won one 2-1, lost 2 7-2 and 5-2 :/

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

http://www.soccermanager.com/profile.php?cid=2665661

I normally wouldn't do this but I have lost 8 in a row now... Bottom of league etc... I've tried literally every formation but none of them works...

In preseason I won everygame tho with 442' date=' then in the first 3 games I won one 2-1, lost 2 7-2 and 5-2 :/

Any help would be greatly appreciated.[/quote']

which of the two?

do you need a formation to use everywhere and everytime?

Sorry' date=' forgot to clarify, I need help with Bayern :o[/quote']

did not bother to look at the teams..:( but sent a PM-stop conceding goals first :)

ok

i will come back with an idea tonight :)

Must commend you on your enthusiasm, knowledge and great help you have been on the threads especially tactics etc. However like so many of the valuable people here-stop spending so much energy and effort on here ..lol!:D

did not bother to look at the teams..:( but sent a PM-stop conceding goals first :)

Must commend you on your enthusiasm' date=' knowledge and great help you have been on the threads especially tactics etc. However like so many of the valuable people here-stop spending so much energy and effort on here ..lol!:D[/quote']

yeah. i also have given out too much reputation in the last 24 hours to rep you again :P

as you said i spent too much energy :P:p:p

however before answering your questions, Hyina allow me to know which formations have you used since now.

Now i will give a look at your squad.:)

What do you think of this?

380619_FC_Bayern_Munchen.jpg

4-2-3-1 that SM Match Engine runs very well.

I think you have already used it but i don't know which instructions you used with it.

I suggest:

Hard, Attacking, Short, Mixed, Fast, All Over, Tight Marking, Playmaker (MESSI), Target man (GOMEZ).

If you see from Match Reports that you're enjoying less shots than your opponents remove tight marking and use play offside trap.

You could also try to select mixed passes instead of short and remove target man using only Messi as PM.

Then again if you're losing the match and you want try to score you could select direct passing style, tick counter-attack box and use offside trap with it.

Another thing you could od if you're losing a match consists in setting an in-game instruction in which you change your formation to 3-5-2 substituting RAFINHA with a CM like Martinez.

3-5-2 with: Hard, Attacking, Mixed, Mixed, Fast, All Over, Play-offside, Playmaker (Schweini because Messi moves forward joining attack together with Gomez), Target man (Messi)

What do you think?

i know i suggested you the obvious ones but there is no shame in that. both of them work very well in the game and perhaps the issue consists in using the right instructions with them.

however setting in-game instructions in which you choose a different formation, if you're losing a match, could be a great help to achieve good results and prevent losses :)

for example 4-2-3-1 -> 3-5-2

What do you think of this?

380619_FC_Bayern_Munchen.jpg

4-2-3-1 that SM Match Engine runs very well.

I think you have already used it but i don't know which instructions you used with it.

I suggest:

Hard' date=' Attacking, Short, Mixed, Fast, All Over, Tight Marking, Playmaker (MESSI), Target man (GOMEZ).

If you see from Match Reports that you're enjoying less shots than your opponents remove tight marking and use play offside trap.

You could also try to select mixed passes instead of short and remove target man using only Messi as PM.

Then again if you're losing the match and you want try to score you could select direct passing style, tick counter-attack box and use offside trap with it.

Another thing you could od if you're losing a match consists in setting an in-game instruction in which you change your formation to 3-5-2 substituting RAFINHA with a CM like Martinez.

3-5-2 with: Hard, Attacking, Mixed, Mixed, Fast, All Over, Play-offside, Playmaker (Schweini because Messi moves forward joining attack together with Gomez), Target man (Messi)

What do you think?[/quote']

Hello Marco!

In my opinion is very important to use the offside trap when you press all over.

The result is to keep the team very "short" and then increase the possession, that is because you can increase the numerical superiority in this way.;)

Just look at a couple posts before and stop being lazy..

Another battle pic-this time City runs out a 4-2 winner after being 2-0 down -the sides were evenly rated.

219nuqp.jpg

funny cos am man u nd played mancity...well i checked the thread...but could not decide between 4.2.3.1 and 3.5.2 so i played 4.2.3.1 first half and 3.5.2 second half won 3-1 thanks for you help