Counter formations

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: Counter formations Updated Version!!!: In my experience at managing and also general comprehension of tactics, I think that: To counter 4-4-2, I would use 3-4-2-1 with diagonal arrows on player

In this thread I will tell you which formations counter which. This is a simple, down to earth thread, easy for everyone to use. Enjoy

Re: Counter formations Well the 4-2-3-1 formation may be very strong, but one thing a team needs is good full backs to make it strong. Worse if the person uses counter attacks, because it leaves it v

Posted Images

Riferimento: Re: Counter formations

I'm finding 4231 is not working well for me' date=' lost the last 8 I believe in different setups, any others havin the same problem?[/quote']

Lost all matches with 4-2-3-1, bleah

Tim, can you help me with my Arsenal? It's a classic Arsenal, but I have Isco as AM and Huntelaar as CF. I had a bad first season, where I used 4-3-3wingers ...

Can you help me? I know you are a boss :D

Re: Counter formations

What about 4-3-2-1? Any feedback?

Never tried it personally: gaping hole in the middle of the park' date=' seen itbeat a 343 tho if that helps :confused:

Just one question, if you play the exact same formation and tactics as your opponents, is it the overall better team who'd most likely win?

IDk where to ask this lol

Most likely, but you never know with SM, some results are truly freakish: a lesser team beating a better team with same formation, same tactics 7-4? :eek:

---

Anyone ever played a 424? I've used 4231 & 433 before and found both successful, but I am wary of using the 4231 now as it has seemed to lose its powers, and I recently saw 2 defeats with the 433, I am thinking of using 352 or a 4132, any ideas?

Most likely' date=' but you never know with SM, some results are truly freakish: a lesser team beating a better team with same formation, same tactics 7-4? :eek:

---

Anyone ever played a 424? I've used 4231 & 433 before and found both successful, but I am wary of using the 4231 now as it has seemed to lose its powers, and I recently saw 2 defeats with the 433, I am thinking of using 352 or a 4132, any ideas?[/quote']

7-4?? How much.. LESSER was that team LOL. The randomisation is too much sometimes :/

I used to play a 424. I used Juventus, i think it was mid-2011. It was alright, I guess, I won maybe 4/10 games, drew 3, lost the rest. It worked well kmostly against unmanaged, though. But you seriously need good wingers.

7-4?? How much.. LESSER was that team LOL. The randomisation is too much sometimes :/

I used to play a 424. I used Juventus' date=' i think it was mid-2011. It was alright, I guess, I won maybe 4/10 games, drew 3, lost the rest. It worked well kmostly against unmanaged, though. But you seriously need good wingers.[/quote']

I mean, played against a 424, what formations did you use and was it successful?

I'm the creator of this formations thread and recently been relegated, and currently last in div 2... :/

I have no clue on how to play Messi, I payed a fortune to ****** him but he has scored only 5goals in 2 seasons. I dunno if I should play him as a lone striker or partner him with torres, and whenever I played him off Torres as an AM in 2431 and 4411 I have always lost...

I mean' date=' played against a 424, what formations did you use and was it successful?

I'm the creator of this formations thread and recently been relegated, and currently last in div 2... :/

I have no clue on how to play Messi, I payed a[b'] fortune to ****** him[/b] but he has scored only 5goals in 2 seasons. I dunno if I should play him as a lone striker or partner him with torres, and whenever I played him off Torres as an AM in 2431 and 4411 I have always lost...

OHHHHHH. I think I lost against 433s and 4231s. Are you talking about the REAL World Championship? Ahh, my great Juve.

I remember, you payed like Ribery+Robben+an obscene amount of cash innit? Lol i remember laughing that one time.

I had Messi once, i mostly played 4411, him being the withdrawn striker. Scored loads of goals for me.

Wow how an earth can you only score 5 goals with Messi in 2 seasons? I think your Messi must be broken but to increase the odds of him scoring, play him in strike or high up the pitch behind strikers. Try and make him a playmaker or target man depending on if he is in strike or AM. Dont play him in CM like I did before.

Wow how an earth can you only score 5 goals with Messi in 2 seasons? I think your Messi must be broken but to increase the odds of him scoring' date=' play him in strike or high up the pitch behind strikers. Try and make him a playmaker or target man depending on if he is in strike or AM. Dont play him in CM like I did before.[/quote']

When I played him up front as the main striker in 4411 it was always the AM behind him who scored, when I played him as an AM in 4231 and 4411 I have always lost... :o

So frustrating... I have arguably the best team as well :o

I'm the creator of this formations thread and recently been relegated' date=' and currently last in div 2... :/

I have no clue on how to play Messi, I payed a .[/quote']

play him in strike or high up the pitch behind strikers. Try and make him a playmaker or target man depending on if he is in strike or AM. Dont play him in CM like I did before.

lol..I think you may be relying on countering a bit too much mate-Use a primary formation that best utilizes your side-and only if that formation has a weakness against the opposition then counter. Have some faith in your side :)

Would agree with ABC's advice-had the same problem in one of the gw ..until played him up top as target man/playmaker or as playmaker with arrow on forward runs-went from 8 goals to 30 odd next season

Re: Riferimento: Counter formations

What about 4-3-2-1? Any feedback?

My 4-2-3-1 is working fine joint top of the league :) with only one player rated above 91 :rolleyes:

I always only players who are only 100% match fit

No arrows

Target Man Striker

Playmaker one of the two midfielders

Played mixed when possible unless they have a weakness you can exploit

Do everything but off sides :)

by this I submit my resignation to counter-formation as a very ,very small staff, good thread read it thoroughly by you'll find useful in formation.

because too little time and are my objectives in a different area and these are on the first place.

so please you would not PM ​​my for information or for tacticis you are in much better hands than those of me.

any other junk you may yet be, as long as I am still here at least.;).

still have 15 teams to take over, you will find them under my name, not for much longer Taison Barcellos until the end of the week

team's are 1 barcelona 2 from manchester city. 2 from bayer Müchen a one from napoli and 10 from fc porto's.

have already resigned 5 team's today.

play all in a world champion schip.

PS.

messi i play him on the 10 , in the begin on the 6 als am/cm but also in the frist 5 game's no goal ,now I make him kapitein, playmaker and free kick sofwar in 20 game's now 23 goal's and 36 attits ...if it can help:)

by this I submit my resignation to counter-formation as a very ' date='very small staff, good thread read it thoroughly by you'll find useful in formation.

PS.

messi i play him on the 10 , in the begin on the 6 als am/cm but also in the frist 5 game's no goal ,now I make him kapitein, playmaker and free kick sofwar in 20 game's now 23 goal's and 36 attits ...if it can help:)[/quote']

Pity but understandable :)

I really find 4-3-3 wingers and 4-2-3-1 against eachother unpredictable.

Why Is it sometimes my 4-2-3-1 wins 4-1 against it, another time I get hammered 3-0 or 4-0, or another time I drew 3-3, extremely annoying.

My 85 rated team lost 3-0 against their 4-3-3 wingers tonight, My average value was £5.1M and theirs was £8.8M.

I really find 4-3-3 wingers and 4-2-3-1 against eachother unpredictable.

Why Is it sometimes my 4-2-3-1 wins 4-1 against it' date=' another time I get hammered 3-0 or 4-0, or another time I drew 3-3, extremely annoying.

My 85 rated team lost 3-0 against their 4-3-3 wingers tonight, My average value was £5.1M and theirs was £8.8M.[/quote']

hi.

i got a big match coming up against a team using 433 winger.

rating wise quite similar...

i just lost a cup match to him, using 541.

now i got a league match coming up.

need you experts help to counter his attacking 433 winger formation... thanks!

hi.

i got a big match coming up against a team using 433 winger.

rating wise quite similar...

i just lost a cup match to him' date=' using 541.

now i got a league match coming up.

need you experts help to counter his attacking 433 winger formation... thanks![/quote']

Not a 4231 and not a 442 diamond if that helps :P

by this I submit my resignation to counter-formation as a very ' date='very small staff, good thread read it thoroughly by you'll find useful in formation.

because too little time and are my objectives in a different area and these are on the first place.

so please you would not PM ​​my for information or for tacticis you are in much better hands than those of me.

any other junk you may yet be, as long as I am still here at least.;).

still have 15 teams to take over, you will find them under my name, not for much longer Taison Barcellos until the end of the week

team's are 1 barcelona 2 from manchester city. 2 from bayer Müchen a one from napoli and 10 from fc porto's.

have already resigned 5 team's today.

play all in a world champion schip.

PS.

messi i play him on the 10 , in the begin on the 6 als am/cm but also in the frist 5 game's no goal ,now I make him kapitein, playmaker and free kick sofwar in 20 game's now 23 goal's and 36 attits ...if it can help:)[/quote']

you mean you're quitting the game?

hi! tatic to beat 4-5-1 defensive? i assume that the guy is playng like that because he thinks i'm playing 3-5-2.

My team is average 95 and my opponent is 92' date=' but he has Ibra as a striker.

Help?[/quote']

If the difference is so large than you shouldn't need to change your formation.

Just use your own, or if you're unsure, use the thread's suggested 3421.

Be sure to use attacking tactics. Also, if your wingers are your best, use play down flanks. If your team is fairly balanced, then just use Mixed.