Counter formations

Hyina

Re: Counter formations

The instructions to counter a formation must be at default? I am asking cause i had a game with my two teams. I played against 4 - 2 - 3 - 1

(Average Rating 92 Average Age 27 Average Value 15.1M )

5- 4 - 1 (Average Rating 90 Average Age 25 Average Value 11.7M) with these instructions

Tackling Style Hard

Mentality Attacking

Passing Style Short

Attacking Style Through the Middle

Tempo Fast

Pressing All Over

Counter-Attack No

Men Behind Ball Yes

Tight Marking Yes

Play Offside No

Use Play Maker No

Use Target Man Yes

and i lost 3 - 1

My second game was against a team (Average Rating 92 Average Age 29 Average Value 12.2M ) my team (Average Rating 91 Average Age 25 Average Value 13.7M )

which played 4 - 2 - 3- 1 and i choose again 5 - 4 - 1 The result : I LOST 3 - 0

The instructions at second game were

Tackling Style Hard

Mentality Normal

Passing Style Mixed

Attacking Style Mixed

Tempo Normal

Pressing All Over

Counter-Attack No

Men Behind Ball Yes

Tight Marking Yes

Play Offside No

Use Play Maker Yes

Use Target Man Yes

P.S. : The games were at the same day. I think against 4 - 2 - 3 - 1 i would never choose again 5-4-1 with backward arrows on fullbacks :confused::confused:

Any help would be useful

The instructions to counter a formation must be at default? I am asking cause i had a game with my two teams. I played against 4 - 2 - 3 - 1

(Average Rating 92 Average Age 27 Average Value 15.1M )

5- 4 - 1 (Average Rating 90 Average Age 25 Average Value 11.7M) with these instructions

Tackling Style Hard

Mentality Attacking

Passing Style Short

Attacking Style Through the Middle

Tempo Fast

Pressing All Over

Counter-Attack No

Men Behind Ball Yes

Tight Marking Yes

Play Offside No

Use Play Maker No

Use Target Man Yes

and i lost 3 - 1

My second game was against a team (Average Rating 92 Average Age 29 Average Value 12.2M ) my team (Average Rating 91 Average Age 25 Average Value 13.7M )

which played 4 - 2 - 3- 1 and i choose again 5 - 4 - 1 The result : I LOST 3 - 0

The instructions at second game were

Tackling Style Hard

Mentality Normal

Passing Style Mixed

Attacking Style Mixed

Tempo Normal

Pressing All Over

Counter-Attack No

Men Behind Ball Yes

Tight Marking Yes

Play Offside No

Use Play Maker Yes

Use Target Man Yes

P.S. : The games were at the same day. I think against 4 - 2 - 3 - 1 i would never choose again 5-4-1 with backward arrows on fullbacks :confused::confused:

Any help would be useful

Yeah it's mostly based on default.. You have to adapt the tactics as well..

@ adam gr,

Surprised and sorry to hear that, however I would say I wouldn't use attacking mentality with such a defensive formation, and I wouldn't press all over with only 1 guy up front. Also I wouldn't play through middle considering they have 2 DMs.

You'd want to use counter attack and use play maker

Updated Version!!!:

In my experience at managing and also general comprehension of tactics' date=' I think that:

To counter 4-4-2, I would use 3-5-2, 4-3-3 wingers or 4-4-1-1

To counter 4-3-3, use any formation with 5 in the midfield

To counter 4-5-1, use 5-3-2, as suggested by arampage

To counter 3-4-3, use 4-2-3-1

To counter 3-5-2, use 4-5-1 defensive or 4-1-3-2

To counter 3-3-4, use 4-4-2 or 3-5-2

To counter 5-4-1, use 4-5-1 + any ideas?

To counter 5-3-2, use 4-3-3 wingers

To counter 5-2-3, use 4-5-1

To counter 4-4-2 diamond, use 3-5-2 or 3-2-2-2-1

To counter 4-3-3 wingers, use 4-1-3-2 or 3-4-2-1

To counter 4-5-1 defensive, use 3-4-2-1

To counter 4-2-3-1, use 5-4-1 with backward arrows on fullbacks

To counter 4-3-2-1, use 4-2-2-2 or 4-2-3-1

To counter 4-4-1-1, use 4-3-3 wingers

To counter 4-3-1-2, use 3-4-3 or 5-3-2

To counter 3-4-1-2, use 4-5-1

To counter 3-4-2-1, use 5-4-1

To counter 5-3-2 defensive, use 3-4-3

To counter 4-2-4, use 4-2-3-1 or 4-3-3 or 4-5-1

To counter 4-2-2-2, use 3-5-2

To counter 4-1-3-2, use 4-5-1 as recommended by marcodalsin

To counter 3-2-2-2-1, use 4-4-2 or use 4-3-3 wingers

Hope you enjoy! And start winning games from now on too!

:)

Note, if you have used this advice and lost a game, please post it in this thread so I can have a careful look and maybe change it.

NOTE NOTE: It seems that after SM changed, the counters have mostly stopped working as well as before, as randomisation has been added chance results are more likely to happen (i.e. 352 might not thrash a 442 and 433 wingers might lose to 352 etc.) if you encounter such results post the report here and me and fellow forumers will help you out :)

i played against 4-3-3 wingers with your 4-1-3-2 , in min 60 0-3 , i change in to 3-5-2 and the game was finished 2-3...hope it help.cheers

Normally I wouldn't just change it on basis of 1 game' date=' but I have editted it, thanks :)[/quote']

trust me , i play 3-5-2 against 4-3-3 wingers from about 6 months ...i have a 85-90% succes rate against equal teams ,95-99% against lower rated teams and 55-65% against better teams. i try your system cose i'm bored playing the same thing :)

its due to ur counter attacking football mate. try this

mentality : attacking

tempo : fast

counter attack : no

play offside (very important)

use playmaker

use targetman

plz post ur results after using this :)

I drew 1-1' date=' out played PSG in every area of the pitch and it made no different what so ever. My team is 94 rated and PSG were 89. These kind of results are happening to offen in my GW now. Really starting to do my head in, as there isn't any reason for why i'm getting these results.

team

85399130.jpg

49946217.jpg

I drew 1-1' date=' out played PSG in every area of the pitch and it made no different what so ever. My team is 94 rated and PSG were 89. These kind of results are happening to offen in my GW now. Really starting to do my head in, as there isn't any reason for why i'm getting these results.

[/quote']

maybe its because marcelo got sent off? idk it ALWAYS works for me :o.

you can try this one more time with a backward arrow on the DM, two forward arrow on the wingers and a slant forward arrow(towards inside) on the playmaker(who is one of the two CM's).

and do u have another couple of wingers(even if slightly lower rated around 90)? if so play them on the wings, use RVP as a forward in place of villa and play ozil in the middle(preferably in LCM) as the playmaker and drop either schwny/yaya. Higuain as Right Forward and RVP as Left Forward.

also try to play as many CB's as possible rather than RB's and LB's as ur playing with 3 defenders.

i believe sticking with the same style n formation will give u a better result second time around. it has happened to me before.

maybe its because marcelo got sent off? idk it ALWAYS works for me :o.

you can try this one more time with a backward arrow on the DM' date=' two forward arrow on the wingers and a slant forward arrow(towards inside) on the playmaker(who is one of the two CM's).

and do u have another couple of wingers(even if slightly lower rated around 90)? if so play them on the wings, use RVP as a forward in place of villa and play ozil in the middle(preferably in LCM) as the playmaker and drop either schwny/yaya. Higuain as Right Forward and RVP as Left Forward.

also try to play as many CB's as possible rather than RB's and LB's as ur playing with 3 defenders.

i believe sticking with the same style n formation will give u a better result second time around. it has happened to me before.[/quote']

Marcelo has a suspension for tonights league game, he never got sent off, if i'm honest he nevers gets higher than 7 either so doubt he makes any difference half the time lol.

I've got Hazard and Gotze who also can play on the winger. I usually have Mascherano in defence but Alonso was suspended so moved players about.

Why do you think RVP would have more joy upfront than Villa, as Villa is the higher rated player. So in SM terms you'd think that extra 1 rating would make an difference, be interesting to hear.

in the past i've only really stuck between the formations 4 5 1 and 3 5 2 as i've found they work for me the best with the players i've got. only really changed it against people using 4 2 3 1.

The big joke is that 2 weeks ago, i was completely over the moon as was able to add Villa, chiellini and schweinsteiger into my squad as they was at external clubs and i out bid people. Since then tho, i can't buy a win lol

Marcelo has a suspension for tonights league game' date=' he never got sent off, if i'm honest he nevers gets higher than 7 either so doubt he makes any difference half the time lol.

I've got Hazard and Gotze who also can play on the winger. I usually have Mascherano in defence but Alonso was suspended so moved players about.

Why do you think RVP would have more joy upfront than Villa, as Villa is the higher rated player. So in SM terms you'd think that extra 1 rating would make an difference, be interesting to hear.

in the past i've only really stuck between the formations 4 5 1 and 3 5 2 as i've found they work for me the best with the players i've got. only really changed it against people using 4 2 3 1.

The big joke is that 2 weeks ago, i was completely over the moon as was able to add Villa, chiellini and schweinsteiger into my squad as they was at external clubs and i out bid people. Since then tho, i can't buy a win lol[/quote']

so if everyone is available then play this team :

pepe .... mascherano .... chiellini

.............. alonso ...............

gotze .... schwny .... ozil .... hazard

...... higuain ........... RVP .........

backward arrow on alonso, two forward arrows on gotze n hazard. slant forward arrow towards inside on ozil.

play offside, tempo normal, attacking mentality, playmaker ozil, targetman RVP

this will reduce the average rating but also the average age of players which is good. thats why play higuain ahead of villa.

backward arrow on alonso' date=' two forward arrows on gotze n hazard. slant forward arrow towards inside on ozil.

this will reduce the average rating but also the average age of players which is good. thats why play higuain ahead of villa.[/quote']

I'll give that setup a try, it's my last game of the season so i don't mind swapping and fine tuning things. Will let you know how i get on

I guess a 4-4-2 with no changes is the best formation/tactics against a 4-2-3-1. I am Real Madrid.

Played Chelsea(SMFA match). Lost 1-2. Slightly weaker side since I had all my backups(all 90+ except for one 88) in but surprised how badly I got beat. Lost the possession battle 54 to 46.

Then played against a 4-3-3 Barcelona(95 avg) today to my 94 average. Dominated 4-1 and had 63% of the possession.

Oh and just saw another game.

Bayern Munich(92 avg) lost 1-7 against Porto(89), scoring on every shot but Bayern had the possession edge 55/45.

backward arrow on alonso' date=' two forward arrows on gotze n hazard. slant forward arrow towards inside on ozil.

this will reduce the average rating but also the average age of players which is good. thats why play higuain ahead of villa.[/quote']

thought i'd update you on the result of the game and say if i had a change in fortunes. The advice made little difference in the first 10 minutes as other team got a pen which they thankfully missed. My team went on and scored 7 by full time :D so i think it's safe to say, it looks promising lol. Just wish i posted earlier as maybe could of been different in the SMFA cup, but will try again next season. Thanks for the advice, rep left for you m8

thought i'd update you on the result of the game and say if i had a change in fortunes. The advice made little difference in the first 10 minutes as other team got a pen which they thankfully missed. My team went on and scored 7 by full time :D so i think it's safe to say' date=' it looks promising lol. Just wish i posted earlier as maybe could of been different in the SMFA cup, but will try again next season. Thanks for the advice, rep left for you m8[/quote']

Whar are other team and player instructions? I also ply 3-5-2 and want it to be more effevtive.

Whar are other team and player instructions? I also ply 3-5-2 and want it to be more effevtive.

It was against an unmanaged team. So setting were all default for that team. I just had been having some issues against unmanaged teams lately, so came for advice in fine tuning my team

Oh. I use 3-5-2 all the time but getting bad results with this formation which is used to be the best of all others. Most of my games ends at draw and even losing to weaker side which is down to 10 men for almost whole match. I don't know what instructions I should use.

Oh. I use 3-5-2 all the time but getting bad results with this formation which is used to be the best of all others. Most of my games ends at draw and even losing to weaker side which is down to 10 men for almost whole match. I don't know what instructions I should use.

list your current team and settings