Counter formations

Hyina

Re: Counter formations

thought i'd update you on the result of the game and say if i had a change in fortunes. The advice made little difference in the first 10 minutes as other team got a pen which they thankfully missed. My team went on and scored 7 by full time :D so i think it's safe to say' date=' it looks promising lol. Just wish i posted earlier as maybe could of been different in the SMFA cup, but will try again next season. Thanks for the advice, rep left for you m8[/quote']

i'm glad they delivered. opponent felt the wrath lol. i just thought its better to bring in fresh wingers hazard n gotze than RVP who's talent imo is wasted on the wings.

with this playing style there is almost no chance u will get clean sheet but also huge chance of you scoring havoc. use this only if ur team is superior otherwise you will lose as this is very risky style of playing.

if just incase 352 doesnt work next season against unmanaged teams then switch to 4231.

play style : attacking, use playmaker, use targetman

arrow : forward arrows on the two wings

thanx for the rep bud :)

used 5-4-1 with avg 90, against a 4-2-3-1 avg 88 and lost 2-1...

And next turn im playing against a side that also uses 4-2-3-1 with avg 88, but that hanst lost in like 10 turns... 8 wins and the last 2 games 2 draws...

I need a tactic to win, because im at risk of getting out of the playoff positions, which would be a disaster for me...

Played five managed teams tonight all of similar rating to my team and tried Hyina's 4-5-1 defensive formation as the counter as suggested and got stuffed in every game' date=' back to the drawing board on that one unless anyone has any ideas?[/color']

???????.....MY 4-5-1DEF. I played against a lot of formation ,and always whit win on the 75 min.

hard takle-def.styl(stronger teams verry def)-short pass-through the centrum-slow tempo-own half-counter-tight-playmaker-targetman-MBB.

My team only 87-91.

gk helton 90

danilo 88*-maicon 89*-otamendi 89-alvaro 90 or bocchetti 89

----------fernando 90 or defour 89 or capoué 89*

guarin 89 or isla 90--dzagoev 89--moutinho 91--James 89 or shaqiri 89

-----------------------Hulk 91 or falcao 92( in some world's)

4 arrows forwars on all not on the dm in the middle.

* sometime I chance danilo for maicon, put capoué in place for maicon, and put 2 arrows forwars on capoué +alvaro than.

do it well WHIT ME! against 3-5-2//4-4-2//4-2-3-1//4-1-3-2//5-4-1//5-3-2//5-2-3//4-5-1 normal//3-2-2-2-1//4-3-3W//...and play it always whit win on the 75 ,chance than 3 players,players IN like sandro 87 lb, isco 87,verratti 85 .PLAYERS OUT dzagoev 89, fernando 90,alvaro 90..no problem,maybe 1 goal in up 100 games...!

used 5-4-1 with avg 90' date=' against a 4-2-3-1 avg 88 and lost 2-1...

And next turn im playing against a side that also uses 4-2-3-1 with avg 88, but that hanst lost in like 10 turns... 8 wins and the last 2 games 2 draws...

I need a tactic to win, because im at risk of getting out of the playoff positions, which would be a disaster for me...[/quote']

5-4-1 see not working well,played yesterday 3x game's lose these all 3 game's but ,all goals from the other team in 5-4-1 def., chance it on the 60min in 4-5-1 DEF(not normal 451) ...won all my games whit 1 goal diff,played all against 90+ teams, and have 2-4 goals in the frist 60min...but won these all whit 1 goal diff...

so will try 451def against 4-2-3-1..if it can help.

???????.....MY 4-5-1DEF. I played against a lot of formation ' date='and always whit win on the 75 min.

hard takle-def.styl(stronger teams verry def)-short pass-through the centrum-slow tempo-own half-counter-tight-playmaker-targetman-MBB.

My team only 87-91.

gk helton 90

danilo 88*-maicon 89*-otamendi 89-alvaro 90 or bocchetti 89

----------fernando 90 or defour 89 or capoué 89*

guarin 89 or isla 90--dzagoev 89--moutinho 91--James 89 or shaqiri 89

-----------------------Hulk 91 or falcao 92( in some world's)

4 arrows forwars on all not on the dm in the middle.

* sometime I chance danilo for maicon, put capoué in place for maicon, and put 2 arrows forwars on capoué +alvaro than.

do it well WHIT ME! against 3-5-2//4-4-2//4-2-3-1//4-1-3-2//5-4-1//5-3-2//5-2-3//4-5-1 normal//3-2-2-2-1//4-3-3W//...and play it always whit win on the 75 ,chance than 3 players,players IN like sandro 87 lb, isco 87,verratti 85 .PLAYERS OUT dzagoev 89, fernando 90,alvaro 90..no problem,maybe 1 goal in up 100 games...![/quote']

Thanks mate, Do you use forward arrow on the midfield from the start or do you use it on 75 minutes?

Also is using target man really effective in this formation as you are playing short passing?

Finally what are your instruction if losing after 60 minutes and winning after 60 minutes?

Bad night for me, lost 2 drew 2 in my 4 matches today... They were:

My 352 vs 442s x2, Drew 1 lost 1

My 541 vs 4231, Drew

My 352 vs 352, Lost

Played five managed teams tonight all of similar rating to my team and tried Hyina's 4-5-1 defensive formation as the counter as suggested and got stuffed in every game' date=' back to the drawing board on that one unless anyone has any ideas?[/color']

I'm stumped as well...

used 5-4-1 with avg 90' date=' against a 4-2-3-1 avg 88 and lost 2-1...

I need a tactic to win, because im at risk of getting out of the playoff positions, which would be a disaster for me...[/quote']

risky, I would say 3421... I might try a friendly tomorrow and see...

Thanks mate' date=' Do you use forward arrow on the midfield from the start or do you use it on 75 minutes?

Also is using target man really effective in this formation as you are playing short passing?

Finally what are your instruction if losing after 60 minutes and winning after 60 minutes?[/quote']

arrows from the start,targetman have it always played,you have only 1 cf up-frond some said no need to playing whit targetman, but i see the diff whit playing whit targetman in a lower team, whit all 90+ players ,i see NO diff whit my barca team ,playing whit or whitout targetman.

if i lose on the 45-60 same tactics but long ball and fast tempo.

lose on the 75..I played in the middle like this

maicon--*capoué--bocchetti--*alvaro

--------moutinho

isla*---witsel*---eriksen*---asamoah*

----------hulk or falcao

*=arrows forwars

hard takle-verry def.-long ball-through the centrum-fast tempo-own half-counter-play+targetman-MBB-off side.

but to till now that happend not a lot, i find 3-4-2-1 work also nice against 3-5-2//4-4-2//4-5-1//4-1-3-2//4-3-3W...these i have played against stronger teams and I won then all.

arrows from the start' date='targetman have it always played,you have only 1 cf up-frond some said no need to playing whit targetman, but i see the diff whit playing whit targetman in a lower team, whit all 90+ players ,i see NO diff whit my barca team ,playing whit or whitout targetman.

--------moutinho

----------hulk or falcao

*=arrows forwars

hard takle-verry def.-long ball-through the centrum-fast tempo-own half-counter-play+targetman-MBB-off side.

but to till now that happend not a lot, i find 3-4-2-1 work also nice against 3-5-2//4-4-2//4-5-1//4-1-3-2//4-3-3W...these i have played against stronger teams and I won then all.[/quote']

the tactics and in game instructions you use for 4-5-1 are they the same tactics you use for 3-4-2-1?

the tactics and in game instructions you use for 4-5-1 are they the same tactics you use for 3-4-2-1?

3-4-2-1 is a attacking formation

I played not so long frist whit friendly games whit my youngh team rating 82-to 86 ...won all these game's against unmanaged teams rating 86/90 played 352-442-451.

hard takle-attacking styl-short pass( today played direct pass whit 90's players)-mixed styl( or both wings see to go better more goals)-fast tempo-all over, counter-play+targetman+off side

have it play against Anderlecht 86/89-shaktar 86/90-schalke 88/91-dortmond B.87/90-all unmanadend whit this team

leali gk 75

mario fernandes 86-matija 84-ricardo rodriquez 85

laybad 86--verratti 85-obi joel 84-ola john 86

------anandize 86--atsu 83

--------martinez jackson 86

won all whit 2 to 7-1.

arrows on 7+11 forwars dia. to the 10+11.

today .against real played 442 normal.

hard takle-attacking-short(direct pass 90) pass-both wings-fast tempo-all over-counter-play+targetman+off side ( i don't get way some said it work better if your players are stronger than the other team...?)

2 arrows dia on 7+11 to 10+11

TEAM REAL the orginal players whit rooney on plus.

MY GK COURTOIS 88

maicon 89-benatia 90-bocchetti 89

kagawa 90-isla 90-moutinho 91-pastore 90

------lewandoski 90-jovetic 90

---------------falcao 92

playmaker moutinho ,targetman lewandoski.

and of course the last 15 min of the game chance it in 451def. pastore-lewandoski -jovetic out in defour 89-asamoah 90-alvaro 90...no goals where make in these last 15 min, played verry deff.

won whit 3-0.

3-4-2-1 is a attacking formation

I played not so long frist whit friendly games whit my youngh team rating 82-to 86 ...won all these game's against unmanaged teams rating 86/90 played 352-442-451.

hard takle-attacking styl-short pass( today played direct pass whit 90's players)-mixed styl( or both wings see to go better more goals)-fast tempo-all over' date=' counter-play+targetman+off side

have it play against Anderlecht 86/89-shaktar 86/90-schalke 88/91-dortmond B.87/90-all unmanadend whit this team

leali gk 75

mario fernandes 86-matija 84-ricardo rodriquez 85

laybad 86--verratti 85-obi joel 84-ola john 86

------anandize 86--atsu 83

--------martinez jackson 86

won all whit 2 to 7-1.

arrows on 7+11 forwars dia. to the 10+11.

today .against real played 442 normal.

hard takle-attacking-short(direct pass 90) pass-both wings-fast tempo-all over-counter-play+targetman+off side ( i don't get way some said it work better if your players are stronger than the other team...?)

2 arrows dia on 7+11 to 10+11

TEAM REAL the orginal players whit rooney on plus.

MY GK COURTOIS 88

maicon 89-benatia 90-bocchetti 89

kagawa 90-isla 90-moutinho 91-pastore 90

------lewandoski 90-jovetic 90

---------------falcao 92

playmaker moutinho ,targetman lewandoski.

and of course the last 15 min of the game chance it in 451def. pastore-lewandoski -jovetic out in defour 89-asamoah 90-alvaro 90...no goals where make in these last 15 min, played verry deff.

won whit 3-0.[/quote']

Thanks mate, just one thing the forward diagonal arrows are numbers 7 + 8 to 10 + 11 not 7 + 11 am I right?

Thanks mate' date=' just one thing the forward diagonal arrows are numbers 7 + 8 to 10 + 11 not 7 + 11 am I right?[/color']
yes! ....7+8!

the 2 arrows diagonally to the front attackers do indicate 10 +11

arrow on 7 point to the 10.

arrow on 8 point to the 11.

along the flank will also expire, but think this is better, is also a little bit of your player, one that quickly comes in the centrum have more impact than one that runs down the flank.

2.and1.png

same players als the frist game.

and5.png

that game against real started 3421 like picture 2.finish on 451def...but is 1-4 and not 0-3

4.and7c.png

Stop trying to find counter formations.It worked with old engine but now SM is a lottery...doesnt matter if you have a much much better team...simply a lottery.

YUP..SOMETIMES IS IT A LOTTERY....

won this season all games against Barcelona whit my 89/90 team...just in the Final Cup game' date=' played again the same formation ,both teams....where I have 4x won whit 0-3 to 0-5...have now a drew 1-1..lose on penalty..6-5.[/color']

played sometime just for Fun whit a Youngh team 82/87--against these Big 90+ teams..win almost every game,though 8/10..but lose whit my 89/91 players...same formation,same tactcis...lol

can any1 give me advice for my Sunderland that I have just taken control against a managed team 86-rated with team&player instructions 442 default?

here's the link: http://www.soccermanager.com/profile.php and click on "Game Worlds & Clubs" and on Sunderland's Club Information.

I would say 352, 4411 or 433 wingers..

but can any1 give me suitable tactics (and arrows)?

Thanks in advance.

Hi people, so I have a game against my main rival tonight, and they have now started altering there formation. I expect them to play 4-2-3-1 with the following tactics:

Tackling: Normal

Mentality: Attacking

Passing: Short

Attacking: mixed

Tempo: Normal

Pressing: All over

Men Behind, Ball Play Offside, Target Man

I have decided to counter this with 5-4-1 playing the following:

Tackling: Hard

Mentality: Attacking

Passing: Direct (or should it be short or mixed?)

Attacking: Mixed

Tempo: Fast (to counter there slow?)

Pressing: Own Half

Counter Attack, Tight Marking, Play maker, Men Behind the Ball, Target man with back arrows on 5 + 6 and forward arrow on 10. Now should this set-up be the best to counter 4-2-3-1 or is there anything I need to change slightly?

can any1 give me advice for my Sunderland that I have just taken control against a managed team 86-rated with team&player instructions 442 default?

here's the link: http://www.soccermanager.com/profile.php and click on "Game Worlds & Clubs" and on Sunderland's Club Information.

I would say 352' date=' 4411 or 433 wingers..

but can any1 give me suitable tactics (and arrows)?

Thanks in advance.[/quote']

I'd say wingers, 352 n 4411 problematic for me now...

Well Matthew' date=' thats why I wanted you to play the 4231, so I can test if it still is successful: maxpayne found the 541 problematic so I wanted to check... Is ur game tonight?[/quote']

My game is tonight, any suggestions then? should I just play 4-2-3-1?

arrows from the start' date='targetman have it always played,you have only 1 cf up-frond some said no need to playing whit targetman, but i see the diff whit playing whit targetman in a lower team, whit all 90+ players ,i see NO diff whit my barca team ,playing whit or whitout targetman.

--------moutinho

----------hulk or falcao

*=arrows forwars

but to till now that happend not a lot, i find 3-4-2-1 work also nice against 3-5-2//4-4-2//4-5-1//4-1-3-2//4-3-3W...these i have played against stronger teams and I won then all.[/quote']

Can you tell me what number is your targetman and your playmaker?

Can you tell me what number is your targetman and your playmaker?

*targetman ..the 9' date=' he is the only man up-frond[/color']

*playmaker dept. off my players ,who is 100% FIT.and against stronger or lower teams.

stronger teams the 10, lower teams the 8 .

whit win on the 75, played it ALWAYS in verry def.styl, give my lower 84/86's players some playtime, ( play for fun) whit NO Am's in the middle the 10 again als playmaker,whit Am the 8