Hyina

Counter formations

Re: Counter formations

I would actually try 4-3-2-1. Your CM/LM/RM takes care of their 3 fwds as well as their 2 CM with forward arrows' date=' then your 2AM out number their 1 DM and support your lone striker.

As for the tactics I'll leave that up to you! ;)

EDIT: a backward arrow on one of your AMs would help also, filling in the gap in your midfield.

EDIT 2: because of this formation I would try attacking through the middle, because there is a lack of width.[/quote']

Okay I'll try that formation thanks mate!

Today I have a tough match away at an Arsenal team who have a better team than me, and they play 4-3-3 wingers. Their avg. team rating is 93, mine's 90 and I'm away. Playing a 4-4-2 diamond seems like too open a formation to use against a team as good as this away from home, so would a 4-5-1 defensive or 5-3-2 do the job against the far superior 4-3-3 wingers?

If i play 4-5-1, i can put Dzsudzsak and Bale on the wings, but I will have to drop Falcao or Llorente. 5-3-2 allows me to play both Llorente and Falcao up front, but Dzsudsak or Bale have to be dropped, what formation under those circumstances should I use any ideas please? :)

what's the best formation against 3-5-2 ???????

please don't tell me 4-3-3 because i beat this formation twice in arrow using 3-5-3 one 3-0 and one 4-2 against teams rated 96 and 94 mine is only 91

so what formation counters 3-5-2 ??????? cause i have a match against a team that uses this formation

what's the best formation against 3-5-2 ???????

please don't tell me 4-3-3 because i beat this formation twice in arrow using 3-5-3 one 3-0 and one 4-2 against teams rated 96 and 94 mine is only 91

so what formation counters 3-5-2 ??????? cause i have a match against a team that uses this formation

i agree with the 4-3-3 wingers not working for me. tried it once but not sucessful.

anyway 4-5-1 defensive did the job for me against 3-5-2 but especially 4-2-3-1.

i think maybe add 4-5-1 defensive to counter 4-2-3-1 ?

just my experiences but maybeee worth a try if others agree.

anyway i think formations are only a part of it:

if your team is doing well with a particular formation you dont have to change it !

counter formations are good but if your winning easily then stick with that.

but as i said: 4-5-1 works for me but i have an amazing team with 2 of teh best wingers in the game and eto'o upfront..... maybe thats why it works for me.

Using 3-4-3 against 4-3-1-2 tonight. What instructions do you think I should use?

Haha. Hyina im loving the counters right now. Used 3-4-3 against 4-3-1-2 and spanked Bayern 5-1 and he also got two red cards but he did go in aggressive. I have 26 shots to his 10 and I has 58% possession so quite dominant overall.

i agree with the 4-3-3 wingers not working for me. tried it once but not sucessful.

anyway 4-5-1 defensive did the job for me against 3-5-2 but especially 4-2-3-1.

i think maybe add 4-5-1 defensive to counter 4-2-3-1 ?

just my experiences but maybeee worth a try if others agree.

anyway i think formations are only a part of it:

if your team is doing well with a particular formation you dont have to change it !

counter formations are good but if your winning easily then stick with that.

but as i said: 4-5-1 works for me but i have an amazing team with 2 of teh best wingers in the game and eto'o upfront..... maybe thats why it works for me.

thank you, are there other opinions ???????????????????????

thank you' date=' are there other opinions ???????????????????????[/quote']

Don't agree, 4-3-3 Wingers is a good formation as long as you know how to use it. I do think however that you need a quality team to play it really successfully so unless your team average is over 90 I wouldn't advise it as you won't lose much but winning is tougher (I had 2 teams drawing about 5 matches in a row both, using 4-3-3 wingers. Both were 89 average, those draws were also against higher rated teams but its just tougher to win).

But if you have a squad rated 90+, you can try it.

Tactics:

Tackling: Hard/Normal (doesn't matter for the formation)

Mentality: Attacking

Tempo: Normal (Fast also works but I prefer normal)

Pressing: Own Half

Styles: Counter-Attack / Play Maker / Target Man

Now your team should look a bit like this:

GK

RB - CB - CB - LB

DM/CM

CM/AM - CM/AM

Wing/Fwd - Wing/Fwd

Fwd/CF

It's important that you have at least 1 AM player in your squad in the CM/AM spot. Why? Because of the arrows you have to give your players:

AM player arrow forward.

Both Wingers/Fwds arrow diagonal towards the goal.

Target Man is the CF/Fwd of course.

Try this, has brought me a lot of succes!

Don't agree' date=' 4-3-3 Wingers is a good formation as long as you know how to use it. I do think however that you need a quality team to play it really successfully so unless your team average is over 90 I wouldn't advise it as you won't lose much but winning is tougher (I had 2 teams drawing about 5 matches in a row both, using 4-3-3 wingers. Both were 89 average, those draws were also against higher rated teams but its just tougher to win).

But if you have a squad rated 90+, you can try it.

[b']Tactics[/b]:

Tackling: Hard/Normal (doesn't matter for the formation)

Tempo: Normal (Fast also works but I prefer normal)

Pressing: Own Half

Styles: Counter-Attack / Play Maker / Target Man

Now your team should look a bit like this:

GK

RB - CB - CB - LB

DM/CM

CM/AM - CM/AM

Wing/Fwd - Wing/Fwd

Fwd/CF

It's important that you have at least 1 AM player in your squad in the CM/AM spot. Why? Because of the arrows you have to give your players:

AM player arrow forward.

Both Wingers/Fwds arrow diagonal towards the goal.

Target Man is the CF/Fwd of course.

Try this, has brought me a lot of succes!

hahaha two completely different opinions , i need another one to get 2 out of 3 , thank you i am a bit convinced that it must work cause the wingers will work perfect against a team not playing with rb and lb but how come i won twice against much higher rated teams , they were using 4-3-3 and i was using 3-5-2 away, this point is making me hesitate in playing 4-3-3 against a 3-5-2, i was thinking of using 3-4-1-2 or 3-4-2-1 are they good formations ???

hahaha two completely different opinions ' date=' i need another one to get 2 out of 3 , thank you i am a bit convinced that it must work cause the wingers will work perfect against a team not playing with rb and lb but how come i won twice against much higher rated teams , they were using 4-3-3 and i was using 3-5-2 away, this point is making me hesitate in playing 4-3-3 against a 3-5-2, i was thinking of using 3-4-1-2 or 3-4-2-1 are they good formations ???[/quote']

the reason you get different opinionsis because they are both right. he has had sucess like that, i have had sucess in my methods.

copy tactics from team to team or even with the same team results vary hugely.

your have had some advice so make up your own mind its your team. see arampage posts previously:

shouldnt just copy off here entirely. it wont work and its pointless.

@rooney - editted post, added 4-5-1 defensive

:)

---

Btw @newcomers please don't ask questions like: 'here's my team, what formation shall I play?' etc.. this is a formations thread and if you want to know, then I suggest scout on your next opponent's schedule and have a look at his/her past game reports, if he/she plays the same formation everyweek, then go the the last/or 2nd last page of this thread and read what I have typed.

@rooney - editted post' date=' added 4-5-1 defensive

:)

---

Btw @newcomers please don't ask questions like: 'here's my team, what formation shall I play?' etc.. this is a formations thread and if you want to know, then I suggest scout on your next opponent's schedule and have a look at his/her past game reports, if he/she plays the same formation everyweek, then go the the last/or 2nd last page of this thread and read what I have typed.

Hey mate, I'm just wondering if 4-2-3-1 is effective against 4-3-3 wingers?

Btw @newcomers please don't ask questions like: 'here's my team' date=' what formation shall I play?[/b']' etc.. this is a formations thread and if you want to know, then I suggest scout on your next opponent's schedule and have a look at his/her past game reports, if he/she plays the same formation everyweek, then go the the last/or 2nd last page of this thread and read what I have typed.

Otherwise all those trophies you guys gonna rack up rightfully belongs to Messrs Hyina and Rooney and co.:P

When the opposite have arrows, do you use the same counter formations?

For instance, when the opposite have this 4-1-3-2:

24cw2mx.png

with:

Tackling Style: Hard

Passing Style: Mixed

Attacking Style: Down Both Flanks

Tempo: Fast

Pressing: All Over

Play Style: Use Play Maker

Use Target Man

Are there any other formations that are good against 4-4-2 apart from 3-5-2? Would 4-4-2 diamond do the job? I have heard reports that 4-2-4 is very effective against the normal 4-4-2...

4-3-3 wingers pretty good... IMO xperience only tho...

I was 2nd place in Div 1, played 1st place (Real), I'm United

I scouted and found that he plays 4-4-2, so I used 3-5-2

I won 1-0

56% possession

16 shots - him 7

8 shots on target - him 1

corners 8 - him 7

yellow cards 2-2

Top of the League!!! :D YEAHHHH!! :P:cool:

50/50 today

I played against two teams, one with 4-3-3 and one with 4-2-3-1 today.

I could use 4-5-1 or 4-5-1 defensive against either of them.

Against 4-2-3-1, I went with the 4-5-1 defensive with a defensive mentality and lost 2-0.

Against 4-3-3, I went with the normal 4-5-1 with an attacking mentality and pressed all over and I won 5-0 and my XI Avg is 90 compared to the other teams 91 so I am happy. He had 0 shots on target!

So from this I think its best to go attacking and press all over with the 4-5-1 normal against the 4-3-3 or 4-2-3-1.

5-0

30hlsfa.jpg

2-0

14javlz.jpg

50/50 today

I played against two teams' date=' one with 4-3-3 and one with 4-2-3-1 today.

I could use 4-5-1 or 4-5-1 defensive against either of them.

Against 4-2-3-1, I went with the 4-5-1 defensive with a defensive mentality and lost 2-0.

Against 4-3-3, I went with the normal 4-5-1 with an attacking mentality and pressed all over and I won 5-0 and my XI Avg is 90 compared to the other teams 91 so I am happy. He had 0 shots on target!

[/quote']

Congrats may I see your in game instructions and his?

When the opposite have arrows' date=' do you use the same counter formations?

For instance, when the opposite have this 4-1-3-2:

[img']http://i54.tinypic.com/24cw2mx.png[/img]

with:

Tackling Style: Hard

Passing Style: Mixed

Attacking Style: Down Both Flanks

Tempo: Fast

Pressing: All Over

Play Style: Use Play Maker

Use Target Man

Anyone can help?