Hyina

Counter formations

Re: Counter formations

can anybody tell me what's going on? :confused:

cfe627d63a8e4213ae7c38b.png

19 shots on target' date=' only 1 goal? :mad:[/quote']

whats the team instructions?

Most of those stas are for entertainment value only

and please resize your uploads to 640 and below ..stretches the thread to no end.

whats the team instructions?

Most of those stas are for entertainment value only

and please resize your uploads to 640 and below ..stretches the thread to no end.

Can you guys please minimize the size when use post images as it really stretches the thread/screen. :mad:

sorry guys' date=' resized :D

here's the team instructions :

[img']http://img132.imageshack.us/img132/9210/7e99c27a580045328a4dd5d.png[/img]

With what to counter Chelsea 4-4-2 Diamond with this team and these tactics

Cech

Ivanovic

Terry

Luiz

Cole

Essien

Ramires

Hazard

Mata

Higuain

Saldado

Instructions:

Tackling Style Normal

Mentality Attacking

Passing Style Mixed

Attacking Style Mixed

Tempo Fast

Pressing Own Half

Play Style

Counter-Attack

Use Play Maker

Use Target Man

My team is Manchester City, I have all their default players including Rami, Alves and De Rossi but Kompany is suspended for the game.

What formation do you guys suggest me to counter this team.

Thanks in advance.

With what to counter Chelsea 4-4-2 Diamond with this team and these tactics

Cech

Ivanovic

Terry

Luiz

Cole

Essien

Ramires

Hazard

Mata

Higuain

Saldado

Instructions:

Tackling Style Normal

Mentality Attacking

Passing Style Mixed

Attacking Style Mixed

Tempo Fast

Pressing Own Half

Play Style

Counter-Attack

Use Play Maker

Use Target Man

My team is Manchester City' date=' I have all their default players including Rami, Alves and De Rossi but Kompany is suspended for the game.

What formation do you guys suggest me to counter this team.

Thanks in advance.[/font']

I'll try 4-2-3-1. my latest result with 4-2-3-1 against 4-4-2 diamond :

2qa73wh.jpg

Attacking mentality, short passing, and normal tempo might be the tactics.

Hey guys

I'm playing at home against the following formation and I'm interested in some oppinions on how to best counter it. My team rating is about the same. I'm thinking a defensive 4-5-1 with short passing and slow tempo, with the DM as playmaker and FC as target man. What do you think ?

Opponent formation :

qqvfvt.jpg

Opponent instructions :

a2rq88.jpg

Has anyone found the 4222 and 4321 useful at all? Whenever I use it i lose...

I recently won an away game using a 4-2-2-2. But since I was leading after 60 minutes, I changed to a defensive 4-5-1 with short passing, slow tempo and ticked counter-attack, with the DM as playmaker and FC as targetman. I didn't score other goals, but kept the ball well and had a few chances, if that counts for anything.

Here is how things looked at the start:

2rggcr6.jpg

The instructions:

wlrl0j.jpg

And the match stats:

2lb279k.jpg

I've used 4-2-2-2 quite a few times in the past with some good results, but I didn't really care about opponent tactics then, so I can't really say how good it is against a specific formation. Also, most of the times I used it was with attacking mentality and direct passing + targetman ticked (one of the FCs). Now I decided for short passing because I think it keeps the ball better, thus creating more chances.

Was running a 3-5)2 in a forum ec, but after new game engine seemed to not smash everything anymore haha. I'm about the middle of the league in terms of squad, but was fighting relegeation.

Swapped to a 4-2-3-1, and have since only lost 3 in 13 beating a lot of the arsenals, man cities etc. Has anyone else found this system effective? What would u use to counter me?

Edit: tackling hard (resulting in more cards, but greater possesuon I feel), rest are normal or mixed and own half defence.

Have man behind ball, counter, and tight marking on, which I think gives me a solid dogged defence, prepared to break when a tackle goes in. Target man's up top and my AM is the playmaker

Was running a 3-5)2 in a forum ec' date=' but after new game engine seemed to not smash everything anymore haha. I'm about the middle of the league in terms of squad, but was fighting relegeation.

Swapped to a 4-2-3-1, and have since only lost 3 in 13 beating a lot of the arsenals, man cities etc. Has anyone else found this system effective? What would u use to counter me?[/quote']

I have found it successful and difficult to beat, but I till have one trick up my sleeve! ;)

Hey guys

I'm playing at home against the following formation and I'm interested in some oppinions on how to best counter it. My team rating is about the same. I'm thinking a defensive 4-5-1 with short passing and slow tempo' date=' with the DM as playmaker and FC as target man. What do you think ?

Opponent formation :

[img']http://i47.tinypic.com/qqvfvt.jpg[/img]

Opponent instructions :

a2rq88.jpg

Tried a default 4-4-2 with Normal Mentality, Short Passing, Counter-Attack and Men Behind Ball (since the opponent was so V. Attacking). It didn't work, I lost 1-2 but I can't say it's a surprise. After playing this game for over a year, I've never managed to get any string of good results, no matter the team or tactic. My longest unbeaten run was about 7 games I think, and back then I didn't even care about the tactics, just used the same one for every match, home or away.

As interesting as it may be, I don't really think that the information in this thread makes too much difference in the end. For example, in another match I tried 4-5-1 in an away game against a default 4-3-3 formation and lost 2-0, so the 5-man midfield may work or it may not work against that type of formation. And like I said in a previous thread, I trashed an opponent 4-0 using a 4-2-2-2 which alot of people complain about. My guess is there's a lot of randomness in the match engine and tactics or formation don't really matter that much.

Tried a default 4-4-2 with Normal Mentality' date=' Short Passing, Counter-Attack and Men Behind Ball (since the opponent was so V. Attacking). It didn't work, I lost 1-2 but I can't say it's a surprise. After playing this game for over a year, I've never managed to get any string of good results, no matter the team or tactic. My longest unbeaten run was about 7 games I think, and back then I didn't even care about the tactics, just used the same one for every match, home or away.

As interesting as it may be, I don't really think that the information in this thread makes too much difference in the end. For example, in another match I tried 4-5-1 in an away game against a default 4-3-3 formation and lost 2-0, so the 5-man midfield may work or it may not work against that type of formation. And like I said in a previous thread, I trashed an opponent 4-0 using a 4-2-2-2 which alot of people complain about. My guess is there's a lot of randomness in the match engine and tactics or formation don't really matter that much.[/quote']

Im with you i think the more time you spend thinking about it and changing tactics

the more.likely you are to lose.I also think its all random.

I asked hyina yesterday about 2 of my games, how to counter them, he told me what he thought so i countered the other managers formation.

One game i won and the other i lost by a goal, the one i lost against was a very quality team with top players and the stats were pretty even.I think it is worth asking the opinions of others because it does help but i also thing the match engine at times is screwed.

Thanks Hyina. :)

Im with you i think the more time you spend thinking about it and changing tactics

the more.likely you are to lose.I also think its all random.

In general it's best to stick with one formation unless your formation has a weakness to the opponents. However it might be best to change more frequently if playing against high quality managers in a filled gameworld for tactical reasons.

Their are other factors that influence match outcomes-home and away, player morale. fitness, tactics and where the opponent highest rated players lie.. among others. There is a degree of randomness,however it's not as random as ppl make out or else each match would have an almost 50% chance of winning..it would be near impossible to have a 10-15 match winning streak.