Hyina

Counter formations

Re: Counter formations

If he is the 'master tactician' then surely he would win all the respective leagues that he is in' date=' which he clearly does not! :rolleyes:[/color']

Whatever you say mate. :P I was using myself as the benchmark though :o

Happen to have any tips against 3-5-2?

Whatever you say mate. :P I was using myself as the benchmark though :o

Happen to have any tips against 3-5-2?

I actually have had a lot of success against

3-5-2 playing 3-5-2' date=' I can PM you my tactics, the way I set up against it I win far more than I lose.

Edit: I should have stated that this may not be successful when playing a significantly stronger team, where I revert to 4-5-1[/color']

best way to play 352 in my opinion is juventu's way:

-Down arrow on wingers

in the defence there should be 3 D©s

Tackling Style: Normal

Mentality: Normal

Passing Style: Mixed

Attacking Style: Mixed

Tempo: Slow

Pressing: All Over

Playmaker ON

Offside Trap ON

Target Man ON

I gonna play vs 4222 whose average is +1 than mine... normally i use a 352 but this game i've only a Fwd... any heads up? tnx guys

I would try 5-4-1 with back arrow on your number 8' date=' this allows your 3 Cb's and your number 8 (DM would work best or even a CB/DM (Hummels Mascherano etc)) to counter there 4 attacking minded players. With them having no width it could be worth playing direct and down both flanks with your wing backs or mixed. Forward arrows optional but I tend to put forwards arrows on 7,10 and 11.

There will be more conventional formations but I am going with what has worked for me.[/color']

HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! MY TEAM IS DOING HORRIBLE! WE USED TO BE 1ST, NOW WE DROPPED TO 7TH!

HERE IS MY TEAM:

GOALKEEPER

BUFFON 94

VALDÉS, Victor 93

DEFENSE

CRISCITO, Domenico 90

DANIELLE DE ROSSI 94 (INJURED FOR A MONTH)

CHIELLINI, Giorgio 94

KOSCIELNY, Laurent 90

BOATENG, Jérôme Def 90

TYMOSCHUK, Anatoliy 90 (LOANED OUT)

GUSTAVO, Luiz 90

VAN BOMMEL, Mark 92

XAVI 97

OFFENSE

KROOS, Toni 90 (LOANED OUT)

MÜLLER, Thomas 93

JOVETIĆ, Stevan 90 (LOANED OUT)

RIBERY, Franck 95 (INJURED FOR AN WEEK)

ROBBEN, Arjen 94 25.2M

STURRIDGE, Daniel 89 (LOANED OUT)

MILITO, Diego 92

SOLDADO, Roberto 91

KLOSE, Miroslav 91

GIROUD, Olivier 90

BELHANDA, Younes 90

IMBRAHIMOVIC, Zlatan 96

Now, using these players, I have lost 4 mathches in a row, one to Udinese Calacio (The worst team in our league), Juventus (Stripped of all the good players), AS Roma (The second worst team in the league) and SL Benfica (Although Torres, Terry, Puyol and Lampard is on the team, SL Benfica is in 3rd last place- AS Roma thrashed them 5-0)

I would like the fix my Bayern Munich's team downfall.

Now, the next teams I have to face is......

1) Villarreal- Suprising, their best players are Arshavin and Aaron Lennon, they are in 4th. They only use three formations: 3-4-3, 3-4-2-1 and 4-4-2.

2) AC Milan- Best player is Robinho. Uses only the 4-4-2 formation

3) Real Madrid- Uses only 3-4-3 and other very attacking formations.

4) Barcelona- DOES RANDOM CHANGES IN FORMATION

5) Arsenal- Does random changes in formation, but keeps every formation last for 2 weeks.

Thank you SO MUCH if you can fix my problems. You can just tell me what formations I should use against the teams I mentioned before, but I was very appreciate it if you could tell me what players I should use.

PS: (I regularly use 3-5-2, and it is just not working, no matter against what formation)

First of all sell valdes.

Secondly , the tactics you set on the formation 352 must be wrong since you lost so many matches.

I suggest u 451 formation with counter-attack , offside trap, playmaker and target men.

Also terminate the Toni Kroos loan , he will get a higher rating SOON !

Good Luck

You sure? I know a lot of people just type up anything for the sake of it.So your saying it works for you against 3-5-2?
Nowadays we use 3-5-2 to counter 4-3-3 wingers :P Though 4-3-3 wingers still win sometimes. :o

Still kinda risky if you use 4-3-3 wingers.

Hyina mentioned 4-5-1 defensive before I think. With back arrows on 6 and 8 plus a forward arrow on 10. :/

4-3-3w still counters 3-5-2. at least, it still works for me.

well, it also depends on the tactics. usually, I face 3-5-2 with stronger team than mine. then, I use direct pass :D

maybe tactics are the key :D

Originally Posted by JebeDaiaS

Just another example of "brilliant" the game really is:

Game 1: 4-2-3-1 against 4-2-4 : 3-0

Game 2: 4-2-3-1 against 4-2-4 : 0-1 (and not a chance until the end of the game !)

Well there you have it, tactics don't matter. But nevermind, keep buying those credits.

such a defeatist and pessimistic attitude' date=' if you have nothing constructive to say then just don't say anything. Have you ever thought that it may be down to your tactical naivety? I know of a lot of managers who are constantly in the top 2 in a lot of my set ups and that is down to there tactical ability and not a 'random game engine' as you put it. Some people just have what it takes and some don't, seems like you fall into the latter category.[/color']

Those results were against AI teams that used the same default instructions. I've also set the same instructions in both fixtures, using fit higher-rated players. So, how can 2 matches with similar premises go in such different ways ? In the first one, which I won 3-0, my team was all over the opponent, with many missed chances too. Then in the next game, lost 0-1, the first chance came in late second half, everything else went to the opponents. Now if I would've used a different approach or unfit players I could understand the huge difference, but this way it just proves that the match engine is simply unpredictable and setting up a tactic is a gamble.

Me and my friend both use 3-5-2 formation with same tactics, my players are better than his.

But he had 4 consecutive winning with 4 goal differences each

While I only get 2 wins with 1 goal differences each

Can anyone explain this?

3-5-2 with forward arrows on both wingers

Normal tackling

Attacking mentality

Short passing

Down both flanks

Normal tempo

Own half

Thankss

Sry no picture as I don't post this from my pc :)

Me and my friend both use 3-5-2 formation with same tactics' date=' my players are better than his.

But he had 4 consecutive winning with 4 goal differences each

While I only get 2 wins with 1 goal differences each

Can anyone explain this?

3-5-2 with forward arrows on both wingers

Normal tackling

Attacking mentality

Short passing

Down both flanks

Normal tempo

Own half

Thankss

Sry no picture as I don't post this from my pc :)[/quote']

maybe your and your friend's opposite teams are different?

Those results were against AI teams that used the same default instructions. I've also set the same instructions in both fixtures' date=' using fit higher-rated players. So, how can 2 matches with similar premises go in such different ways ? In the first one, which I won 3-0, my team was all over the opponent, with many missed chances too. Then in the next game, lost 0-1, the first chance came in late second half, everything else went to the opponents. Now if I would've used a different approach or unfit players I could understand the huge difference, but this way it just proves that the match engine is simply unpredictable and setting up a tactic is a gamble.[/quote']

Because like real life my delusional friend not every game against the same opponent follows the same pattern if it did then that makes things rather predictable don't you think? a simple tweaking of team and player instructions may well be in order.

Because like real life my delusional friend not every game against the same opponent follows the same pattern if it did then that makes things rather predictable don't you think? a simple tweaking of team and player instructions may well be in order.

Nothing against that mate, afterall I've been saying that formations and player ratings don't have that much importance in the outcome of a match. So shuffling them out a little may set things straight in the next one or it may not, right ? :)

However, in real life when one set of (better) players used to playing in a certain system do well against another specific system, this tends to repeat itself more often than not. Of course there is the odd game where everything goes against, but that's just that: the odd game. In SM however it's everyday business. I mean you don't see Juventus (for example) having results like 0-1 / 3-0 / 0-2 / 4-1 and so on, do you ? And guess what, they're using mostly the same system in every match, just like every team has it's routined playing style.

With the SM game engine it's not possible to know if a tactic is really effective against another playing style because you see it do so well in a match then in the next one against the same type of opponent it's just terrible. There's no consistency in the results whatsoever.

When I first started playing the game I dind't worry about it too much because I didn't have the best players (I've managed Cagliari for example and finishing 7th in the league wasn't bad at all using mostly their default players), but after playing for a while I can only say that investing more time & attention to the game won't really give you any more satisfaction or better results.

Also, I've seen managers on top of leagues using default 4-4-2 or 4-3-3 with all instructions set to the same player (i.e. targetman, playmaker) win game after game even without loging in for 2 weeks (granted they had good players) and other people actually trying to build a better squad just get randoms all too often.

And another thing that should be taken into account is that when you have a superior squad playing a lower rated opponent, the one who should be worrying about countering the tactic is the lower-rated opponent, not the other way around. I mean you don't see Barcelona worrying too much about how to counter Deportivo La Coruna, right ? They just go there and play their game, it's up the opponent to try and match it. With AI teams in the game that rarely seems to be situation.

Long time ago a post something here,

see there are some people who have some problems whit the 433W...like always..:rolleyes:

3421 work fine not lost 1 single game yet whit only a 89/91 team...

2 arrows sidewars to the backline away from the goal /forwars on 10 +11

normal takle,attacking styl,short pass,on both wings,fast tempo,all over,counter,playmaker the cm on the 6 targetman the 9.

just put the right player on the right place!

451DEF...for weakers teams against stronger teams,even win whit only a 84/86 team against these big boys...

see always that the holes in your team are ficks,4arrows forwars on all Cm's-Am's not on the Dm in the middle, 2 arrows forwars on the full backs or 1 fullback and 1 cb/dm behind the Am

tactics,hard or normal takle, defensief style or verry defensief,short pass,through the middle attackt style,slow tempo(fast tempo against verry stronger team) ,own half,+everything accept not man behind the ball.playmaker the 8 Cm or the Dm in the middle,targetman the 9.

rb/rm*-cb-cb-lb/lm*

----dm/cm

cm-*-am*-cm*-am*

-----cf

*arrows forwars.

or

rb/cb-cb/dm*-cb-lb/lm*

--same--

352,451,4231,4132 work also whit me...all depend on your players and tactics,and against who you play...good luck.

First of all sell valdes.

Secondly ' date=' the tactics you set on the formation 352 must be wrong since you lost so many matches.

I suggest u 451 formation with counter-attack , offside trap, playmaker and target men.

Also terminate the Toni Kroos loan , he will get a higher rating SOON !

Good Luck[/quote']

I did what you said, and I lost to PSG 3-2. It is just not working.

HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! MY TEAM IS DOING HORRIBLE! WE USED TO BE 1ST' date=' NOW WE DROPPED TO 7TH!

HERE IS MY TEAM:

[b']GOALKEEPER[/b]

BUFFON 94

VALDÉS, Victor 93

DEFENSE

CRISCITO, Domenico 90

DANIELLE DE ROSSI 94 (INJURED FOR A MONTH)

CHIELLINI, Giorgio 94

KOSCIELNY, Laurent 90

BOATENG, Jérôme Def 90

TYMOSCHUK, Anatoliy 90 (LOANED OUT)

GUSTAVO, Luiz 90

VAN BOMMEL, Mark 92

XAVI 97

OFFENSE

KROOS, Toni 90 (LOANED OUT)

MÜLLER, Thomas 93

JOVETIĆ, Stevan 90 (LOANED OUT)

RIBERY, Franck 95 (INJURED FOR AN WEEK)

ROBBEN, Arjen 94 25.2M

STURRIDGE, Daniel 89 (LOANED OUT)

MILITO, Diego 92

SOLDADO, Roberto 91

KLOSE, Miroslav 91

GIROUD, Olivier 90

BELHANDA, Younes 90

IMBRAHIMOVIC, Zlatan 96

Now, using these players, I have lost 4 mathches in a row, one to Udinese Calacio (The worst team in our league), Juventus (Stripped of all the good players), AS Roma (The second worst team in the league) and SL Benfica (Although Torres, Terry, Puyol and Lampard is on the team, SL Benfica is in 3rd last place- AS Roma thrashed them 5-0)

I would like the fix my Bayern Munich's team downfall.

Now, the next teams I have to face is......

1) Villarreal- Suprising, their best players are Arshavin and Aaron Lennon, they are in 4th. They only use three formations: 3-4-3, 3-4-2-1 and 4-4-2.

2) AC Milan- Best player is Robinho. Uses only the 4-4-2 formation

3) Real Madrid- Uses only 3-4-3 and other very attacking formations.

4) Barcelona- DOES RANDOM CHANGES IN FORMATION

5) Arsenal- Does random changes in formation, but keeps every formation last for 2 weeks.

Thank you SO MUCH if you can fix my problems. You can just tell me what formations I should use against the teams I mentioned before, but I was very appreciate it if you could tell me what players I should use.

PS: (I regularly use 3-5-2, and it is just not working, no matter against what formation)

What tactics against 4-2-3-1 with 2 forward arrows on wingers?

Soft

Attacking

Direct

Mixed

Slow

Own area

His players range from 87-91

While mine are 90-95

Neuer

Lahm

Alaba

Javi martinez

Dante

Boateng

Badstuber

Gustavo

Schweinsteiger

Muniain

Kroos

Ribery

Robben

Diego ribas

Shaqiri

Llorente

Gomez

Mandzukic

Thankss, i'm facing him in final :D

What tactics against 4-2-3-1 with 2 forward arrows on wingers?

Soft

Attacking

Direct

Mixed

Slow

Own area

His players range from 87-91

While mine are 90-95

Neuer

Lahm

Alaba

Javi martinez