Counter formations

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: Counter formations Updated Version!!!: In my experience at managing and also general comprehension of tactics, I think that: To counter 4-4-2, I would use 3-4-2-1 with diagonal arrows on player

In this thread I will tell you which formations counter which. This is a simple, down to earth thread, easy for everyone to use. Enjoy

Re: Counter formations Well the 4-2-3-1 formation may be very strong, but one thing a team needs is good full backs to make it strong. Worse if the person uses counter attacks, because it leaves it v

Posted Images

Re: Counter formations

OMG! 4-2-4 is UNBEATABLE!!!!!

although several formations may counter it' date=' 4-2-4 is very hard to beat (the counter formations just produce a draw).

Yes, this may seem fake, nonsense, and a waste of your time, but I am just saying. I learnt this from my experience, and in 1 season, I only lost twice with it.

(this was in my other game world, not the one I have trouble with all the time)[/quote']

actually i defeated a managed team which used 4-2-4 twice using 4-3-3(wingers):D

actually i defeated a managed team which used 4-2-4 twice using 4-3-3(wingers):D

there are more formations to bead the 4-2-4...so I say before the easy way is 4-2-3-1 and 4-5-1 ,others formations that also win (whit me,and in all my teams from verry strong to verry weak) is 3-4-2-1 and 4-5-1DEF, 3-5-2 ,4-3-3....if it can help.

Arrows formation for 4-2-3-1? Anyone have any ideas?

arrows 4-2-3-1 , I will not more than 4 arrows put in.

2 arrows forwars on the both cm's in the middle on 6+8,and 2 arrows sidewars to the centrum of the goal on 7+11, not more.

you can these put in ,in a normal set-up, attackt set-up, defensief set-up,through the middle or mixed styl,if playing on both wings I put only 1 arrow forwars on my AM in the middle on the 10, and sometime on both full backs,depend against who I play stronger or weaker...so everyone have his/here one tactics ,see at your team,what players you have, how the play in your team,learn your players,build at team whit players who can play togeter, full up the hole's in your team...that is my style ,and for me it work verry good....good-luck.

The counter for 3-2-2-2-1 doesn't work. I just found out that 3-5-2 never won in my GW against 32221. Although the manager which uses 352 is a 4 times back to back champion:eek: but he always loses to the second best manager who uses 32221. I have also defeated 352 with my 433wing by 3-0 & 2-1, but failed to do so against the one with 32221. I lost 4-1 & 2-1. The one with 32221 has Messi on top and thats a curse for my 20 year old(avg. age) team. Though I too have Super Mario Gotze but my squad is much weaker than his. The thing is that, I'll be using something different tonight & if I win, then probably that will be a great counter against this formation.

what formation and instructions should I use against 3-5-2 with average rating 93 and superstars players like Ronaldo , Iniesta & Villa

----2 -----------4-----------3----

-----------------5----------------

7-----------8---------6---------11----------

------------10----------9--------------

forward arrows on (2 , 7 , 6 , 11) and back arrow on 10

his instructions

Tackling Style Normal

Mentality Attacking

Passing Style Mixed

Attacking Style Mixed

Tempo Normal

Pressing Own Half

Play Style Use Play Maker

Use Target Man

my team average rating is 90

Does Counter formations still works? Also I noticed that in other GW's counter formations do not works always the same? Should I stick with the same formation or continuously change as per opponents formation? Thanks in advance :)

My advice -generally play the best formation for your side (using players ratings,match fitness etc as a guide), unless your formation has a weakness to the opponent (either by looking at their schedule and formations they have beaten or on the threads) or you can play a formation that has beaten handily in the past.

As a safeguard you should use the ingame instructions at 60/75 mins with a change in tactics/formation if losing.

i have 93 rated team' date=' and i'm wondering should i counter the opposition formations by changing my formation match to match , or to stick to one and build on it...and what is the best formation for that ??? maybe 4-2-3-1 ...[/quote']
My advice -generally play the best formation for your side (using players ratings' date='match fitness etc as a guide), unless your formation has a weakness to the opponent (either by looking at their schedule and formations they have beaten or on the threads) or you can play a formation that has beaten handily in the past.

As a safeguard you should use the ingame instructions at 60/75 mins with a change in tactics/formation if losing.[/quote']

:)/////////////////////

My advice -generally play the best formation for your side (using players ratings' date='match fitness etc as a guide), unless your formation has a weakness to the opponent (either by looking at their schedule and formations they have beaten or on the threads) or you can play a formation that has beaten handily in the past.

As a safeguard you should use the ingame instructions at 60/75 mins with a change in tactics/formation if losing.[/quote']

Wise words. :)

Just looking at the formation page and there's something I disagree with.

:P

I think 4-3-2-1 is a counter for 4-2-3-1..where as its the other way around..4-2-3-1 is down for counter 4-3-2-1..

With 4-3-2-1 there's an extra man back.

I used 4-3-2-1 to counter 4-2-3-1 the other week in one of my GW's and it worked.

Tonight I purposely used 4-2-3-1 against 4-3-2-1 in a friendly to double check and I lost. ;)

Just looking at the formation page and there's something I disagree with.

:P

I think 4-3-2-1 is a counter for 4-2-3-1..where as its the other way around..4-2-3-1 is down for counter 4-3-2-1..

With 4-3-2-1 there's an extra man back.

I used 4-3-2-1 to counter 4-2-3-1 the other week in one of my GW's and it worked.

Tonight I purposely used 4-2-3-1 against 4-3-2-1 in a friendly to double check and I lost. ;)

Yeah it used to work very well, now it seems SM is countering my counters so yeah.. :P

Not too active atm and unsubscribing for the next 3 weeks, sorry all, if you have any special help requests VM me.