Counter formations

Hyina

Re: Counter formations

sorry to see that...

but I put 4 arrows forwars on all mid.players +2 arrows on 1 cb/dm-and 1 lb/lm +fast tempo against" stronger" teams' date='short pass,own half,through the middle attact styl,devensief styl,hard or normal talke,counter,tight,play+targetman,play behind the ball..exm=...

line -up=

rb/cb---cb/dm*---cb-or cb-(/lb/rb)---lb/lm*

--------------------dm/cm------=playmaker------------

rm/cm*---am/w*(am/cm)----cm*(cm/am)----am/w

---------------------cf---or a/w---or cf/am..=targetman..

*=arrows forwars!!!

have always good result..whit these formation..but don't have play for weeks now,and maybe I play back after +/- 30-60 day's..to till than is someone else who play my teams ,so don't know if these 451def still work against 442....what i do know is a 3421 work well..

normal talke-attackt styl-fast tempo-both wings-short pass-fast tempo-all over-counter-playmaker-targetman-off-side

cb/rb--cb/dm--cb/lb

am/w*--cm-cm/am=playmaker-am/w*(*or rm/cm---lb/lm-cm/lm)

--------am/w**---a/w**===**=arrows dia away from the goal

-------------cf=targetman

dept.also the strong off the other team.at home I have better result than away home!.....;)..try it,don't know if it still working, play a friendly!....back...after..30--to 60 day's....:eek:..sorry....in that time the enigine will chance one more time...and everything start all over...play from the strong of your team,that help a lot,and full -up the hole's in your team.[/quote']

Yayks. Today played against 4-4-2. I set your formation but at last decided to play using my own formation. I set 4-4-1-1 and managed to win 6-1 ;)

It's totally random.

Riferimento: Re: Counter formations

Updated Version!!!:

In my experience at managing and also general comprehension of tactics' date=' I think that:

To counter 4-4-2, I would use 3-4-2-1 with diagonal arrows on players 10 & 11, 3-5-2, or 4-4-1-1

To counter 4-3-3, use any formation with 5 in the midfield

To counter 4-5-1, use 5-3-2, as suggested by arampage

To counter 3-4-3, use 4-2-3-1

To counter 3-5-2, use 4-5-1 defensive or 4-1-3-2

To counter 3-3-4, use 4-4-2 or 3-5-2

To counter 5-4-1, use 3-5-2

To counter 5-3-2, use 3-2-2-2-1 or 4-3-3 wingers

To counter 5-2-3, use 4-5-1 defensive

To counter 4-4-2 diamond, use 3-5-2 or 3-2-2-2-1

To counter 4-3-3 wingers, use 3-4-2-1 or 3-5-2

To counter 4-5-1 defensive, use 3-4-2-1

To counter 4-2-3-1, use 4-5-1 defensive or default 4-4-2

To counter 4-3-2-1, use 4-2-3-1

To counter 4-4-1-1, use 4-3-3 wingers

To counter 4-3-1-2, use 3-4-3 or 5-3-2

To counter 3-4-1-2, use 4-5-1

To counter 3-4-2-1, use 4-2-3-1 or 4-5-1

To counter 5-3-2 defensive, use 3-4-3

To counter 4-2-4, use 4-2-3-1 or 4-3-3 or 4-5-1

To counter 4-2-2-2, use 3-5-2

To counter 4-1-3-2, use 4-5-1 or 4-3-3 wingers

To counter 3-2-2-2-1, use 3-5-2

Hope you enjoy! And start winning games from now on too!

:)

Note, if you have used this advice and lost a game, please post it in this thread so I can have a careful look and maybe change it.

NOTE NOTE: It seems that after SM changed, the counters have mostly stopped working as well as before, as randomisation has been added chance results are more likely to happen (i.e. 352 might not thrash a 442 and 433 wingers might lose to 352 etc.) if you encounter such results post the report here and me and fellow forumers will help you out :)

These tactics still work?

I need a tactics (formations, pre-game tactics) to counter 4231. My 352 not work very well against 4231. Thnaks in advance.

Lost 4-1 against a very poor side of about 83 rating. My team is rated 91.

Pretty sure the last time I checked' date=' 3-5-2 was pretty effective against 4-4-2 though in recent games against 4-4-2 I've been getting losses. :confused:

Best part is that his playmaker was the keeper and target man was the LB

:P

Probably messed up my tactics. Any advice would be appreciated.[/quote']

That's ridiculous! :eek: What a pathetic match engine...

I have one. Stop playing SM.

In all honesty if a guy manages to win with having his keeper as a playmaker and LB as a targetman then we should all quit this game now. :/

Sad, but so true...

lewandowski 92, F©, foot right. Form 6-7-9-10-8-9, Morale 100%, avg 8.12, 26 apps, 12 goals, 11 assist, 3 MoM.

Hernandez 90, F©, foot both. Form 7-7-8-7-9-9, Morale 100%, avg 8.23, 26 apps, 14 goals, 8 assist, 6 MoM.

Who to choose for 4-5-1 defensive as I can only pick 1 striker? I need some advices.

lewandowski 92' date=' F©, foot right. Form 6-7-9-10-8-9, Morale 100%, avg 8.12, 26 apps, 12 goals, 11 assist, 3 MoM.

Hernandez 90, F©, foot both. Form 7-7-8-7-9-9, Morale 100%, avg 8.23, 26 apps, 14 goals, 8 assist, 6 MoM.

Who to choose for [b']4-5-1 defensive [/b] as I can only pick 1 striker? I need some advices.

depends on your Playmaker. If he's like Pirlo, go for the best performer. If he's like Leitner, go for Lewandowski.

Reus isn't a playmaker. Your target man should be Reus. He should be the lone striker. His scoring chances is mush more than that of Lewa or Chichirito.

On SM,

Reus lost the CF position long ago ._.

He's a full time winger and AM now. On SM at least.

I'd play Lewa though. :/

On SM' date='

Reus lost the CF position long ago ._.

He's a full time winger and AM now. On SM at least.

I'd play Lewa though. :/[/quote']

he may have, but you know SM's engine can give you any result. & we've seen a ridiculous results here with GK playing at LB and CB scoring brace at CF. So it doesn't matter with that I say. If you have a spare match test Reus at CF. I bet he'll score.:)

352 arrows on RM & LM' date=' usually is pretty good, might be better options tough but that's what i generally use[/quote']
These tactics still work?

I need a tactics (formations' date=' pre-game tactics) to counter 4231. My 352 not work very well against 4231. Thnaks in advance.[/quote']

Anyone? I need help for tonight.

"real life" tactically, 4-2-4 won't win against 4-2-3-1 as you'll be outnumbered in midfield.

"SM" tactically, 4-2-4 could win against 4-2-3-1. maybe using direct/long pass, especially if those 4 forwards' rating are better than the defenders'.

take a look at the player's ability by going to their profile, then press "soccerwiki" button. it'll show you their main attributes. somehow I think this does matter. is there any explanation of this in SM?

"real life" tactically' date=' 4-2-4 won't win against 4-2-3-1 as you'll be outnumbered in midfield.

"SM" tactically, 4-2-4 could win against 4-2-3-1. maybe using direct/long pass, especially if those 4 forwards' rating are better than the defenders'.

[u']take a look at the player's ability by going to their profile, then press "soccerwiki" button. it'll show you their main attributes. somehow I think this does matter. is there any explanation of this in SM?[/u]

Good question. :confused:

take a look at the player's ability by going to their profile' date=' then press "soccerwiki" button. it'll show you their main attributes. somehow I think this does matter. is there any explanation of this in SM?[/quote']

Doubt it, but do it if you feel it works. :)

Like how some people prefer to play a DM/CM rather than a CM or an AM/CF rather than a CF.

Lots of theories, but I doubt the game is that complex. :rolleyes:

take a look at the player's ability by going to their profile' date=' then press "soccerwiki" button. it'll show you their main attributes. [/quote']

One of the SM developers said that the attributes on the wiki doesn't affect the game. If I find the thread I'll show you.

I have a cup final tomorrow against Manchester United, who plays a 4-3-3 wingers formation.

I manage Manchester City and also play a 4-3-3 wingers formation, and have been doing so all season. It's working rather quite well (I'm first in the league, with a 22-4-5 record, 71 gf and 25 ga) but both times that I've played man utd, we've tied 1-1, and I haven't dominated. His team has higher rated players than I do, so I don't feel confident going in this final.

What would be the best formation to counter 4-3-3 wingers? By reading threads, I've seen a variety of answers (3-5-2, 4-2-3-1, etc.) but still cannot decide the right one to use. I'm not a big fan of playing with 3 at the back, but any insight would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks.

I have a cup final tomorrow against Manchester United' date=' who plays a 4-3-3 wingers formation.

I manage Manchester City and also play a 4-3-3 wingers formation, and have been doing so all season. It's working rather quite well (I'm first in the league, with a 22-4-5 record, 71 gf and 25 ga) but both times that I've played man utd, we've tied 1-1, and I haven't dominated. His team has higher rated players than I do, so I don't feel confident going in this final.

What would be the best formation to counter 4-3-3 wingers? By reading threads, I've seen a variety of answers (3-5-2, 4-2-3-1, etc.) but still cannot decide the right one to use. I'm not a big fan of playing with 3 at the back, but any insight would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks.[/quote']

4-2-3-1 is a good ones but do you actually want to play on counters?

I have a cup final tomorrow against Manchester United' date=' who plays a 4-3-3 wingers formation.

Thanks.[/quote']

I have been playing around with a formation now for about a month with my 15 teams and after tweaking them for last nights teams (12 played) I had 10 wins and 2 draws against formations such as:

3-5-2

3-4-1-2

4-3-3 wingers

4-2-3-1 to name but a few.

I am not prepared to post my tactics and instructions in thread just yet as I am wanting to play with it for at least another week or two so pm me if you like.

Thanks.[/quote']

I've been using 3-5-2 with back arrows on the winger, got 3 wins and 1 lose.

xkq9ap.png

so here are the match stats for my game against arsenal. This leaves me with 1 game and i need to win.

no arrows on wings, Direct passing, fast tempo, hard tackles, use counter attack, man marking & men behind ball. You would have got a win If you would have made these changes.