Something about player rating changes (NOT a complaint)

Note This is not a moan, complaint or whine, just something that I've noticed and could also be complete bull anyway. So sorry if it's nonsense or even if it's been mentioned before.

Ok, so this is something I usually notice in smaller leagues or ones where the same couple of teams usually win, I've noticed it in Ligue 1 more than others though.

It seems to me that if one of the big teams doesn't win the league, they're automatically in for a raft of player rating decreases. It could have been a close fought battle for the title, but the losing team will always seem to go down in rating. I say that I've noticed it in Ligue 1 the most as I have a few teams in gameworlds from France and noticed that whenever Lyon didn't win the league, a few players would go down even if they finished second and the player played all or most of the games. A recent example is Marseille; they finished second and had a few players (who played most of the games) go down. I suppose you could say Lyon had less go down and they were third, but then again some of their players have gone down the past two seasons after not winning the league.

Ligue 1 was just an example and like I said, I'm probably just talking rubbish and there could be other reasons why the players went down, I just wanted to know what other people thought.

Cheers.

Re: Something about player rating changes (NOT a complaint)

If a team like Lyon in France or Bayern München in Germany do not win the title despite the fact that they should dominate the league because of their strong players - whose fault is it? Obviously at least some players did not perform as good as they could / have done before. Therefor a drop for these guys is just the consequence of their poor performance.

Btw.: There are always players underperforming, no matter how good the team plays. That's how rises and drops happens - and otherwise this manager would be boring as hell.

Given that teams like Marseille and Lyon did not win the league and were a fair way back (8 points and 12 points adrift of Lille respectively...not my definition of 'close fought'), it does not seem strange that some of their players have dropped. Marseille and Lyon have such strong squads with a heap of 90+ players so their under performance shows that something went awry this season. This is reflected in SM, otherwise your league champions would be significantly weaker in comparison to the teams they comprehensively beat to the title. Even now, after the France ratings, Marseille and Lyon look very strong compared to Lille, factoring this season's standings.

If a team like Lyon in France or Bayern München in Germany do not win the title despite the fact that they should dominate the league because of their strong players - whose fault is it? Obviously at least some players did not perform as good as they could / have done before. Therefor a drop for these guys is just the consequence of their poor performance.

If Ligue 1 and the Bundesliga were such poor quality leagues that the same team is expected to win every season' date=' then the players would have never got to such high ratings in this game to begin with. Look at the Ukraine and Holland leagues for example; the same few teams almost always win the league and their players barely hit 90 on here.

Given that teams like Marseille and Lyon did not win the league and were a fair way back (8 points and 12 points adrift of Lille respectively...not my definition of 'close fought'), it does not seem strange that some of their players have dropped. Marseille and Lyon have such strong squads with a heap of 90+ players so their under performance shows that something went awry this season.

I wasn't saying it was close fought this season, I was saying I've seen it where it was close fought but players have still dropped regardless of how close it was (ie Lyon every season since their last title). I would have understood Lyon dropping more this season than last season. They were runners up in the league but made it to the semi finals of the champions league, it just seemed like they didn't win the league so had to drop down in rating regardless of other accomplishments.

This is reflected in SM, otherwise your league champions would be significantly weaker in comparison to the teams they comprehensively beat to the title. Even now, after the France ratings, Marseille and Lyon look very strong compared to Lille, factoring this season's standings.

I understand that and its one of the reasons I would have understood Lyon (for example) dropping more this season as opposed to last season since they were so far off the pace.

And they will still look strong compared to Lille since their players have gone up more due to being in European competition (and actually doing well in it usually). If Lille had progressed further in Europe this season, they'd have probably gone up more.

I get that this season, Lille ran away with it and so other teams were bound to go down, it just seemed to me that, in a lot of cases, it happens regardless of how much the title was won by; if they didn't win, the went down.

If Ligue 1 and the Bundesliga were such poor quality leagues that the same team is expected to win every season' date=' then the players would have never got to such high ratings in this game to begin with. Look at the Ukraine and Holland leagues for example; the same few teams almost always win the league and their players barely hit 90 on here.[/quote']

I did not say that Ligue 1 or the Bundesliga are not good enough - I just said that the team of Bayern Bayern München is way better than any other team in the league (Schweinsteiger, Robben, Ribery, Müller, Gomez, Lahm). There is no other team with such an accumulation of quality.

Still the Bundesliga is probably the league with the biggest chances for smaller teams to win the championship. Why? Because Bayern is hardly ever capable of performing on the level they could / should. And the difference between Bayern and Leverkusen / Dortmund / Bremen and so on is not as big as it is for example in Spain (Barca & Real vs the rest).

Conclusion: If Bayern's team is better than the rest but they are not able to win the league - whose fault is it? And what consequences will this have?